Old 11-10-2005, 11:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default Over 50 And Getting Healthy #26

Here's the new thread!!

I haven't had a reply from an e-mail I sent SunnyD. Hope she's okay.

Nine pounds, Charlotte!! Way to go! I'm so impressed! Glad that DH is working, and still praying that he finds a good job with health insurance.

Hello to everyone!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 06:39 AM   #2  

Hi gals,
Whats up with you all. No posts lately?
Tomorrow starts deer season here.I will be going for my pap & mamm instead.WOW WHAT A THRILL!!!!
IS that garage done for you yet Charlotte? how is your dh feeling?
mUST GO TO WORK SOON. COME ON IN YOU GALS. Bonnie2
bon5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 10:15 AM   #3  

Default Can I join?

Can I join this group? I'm 50.....and I have about 45 lbs to lose.....I posted to an old over 50 thread yesterday....but saw that y'all started a new one.
I'm tired of messing around with this weight....my last effort was with Nutrisystem.....I got down to 196......went on vacation.....then just could not seem to get back on the program...plus it is expensive and some of the stuff is just plain nasty tasting.....so I'm basically tired of spending alot of money.....and I'm going for the old fashion way this time.....counting calories and exercising.
Kimquilts55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 10:51 AM   #4  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Morning My Dear Friends...
I will try to catch up with reading the last thread

I had quite a mess to clean up with my E-mails... I have two: OUTLOOK EXPRESS and INCREDIMAIL... *Outlook* I hardly check... if at all (my mistake!)... well, I found out, over weeks of searching, that when I Upgraded my IncrediMail several weeks back many of you whom I usually hear from (including the 3fatchick's forum links!) were going the Incoming Folder and Sub-folders in OUTLOOK! I could not understand where they went off to And because I have been so busy trying to get things straightened out on my own... I have not been around to post in 3fatchicks aside from getting my e-mails... I am so sorry I'm thrilled to have figured it all out and correct the Outlook so that now ALL my mail will go into the IncrediMail as it should have!

I have also been very busy with the Delphi Forums @ Sig Party... I basically work there for them as a *Forum Greeter*... it's fun, but very time consuming! Not to mention that my G-father has not been well and because of his health my mother who is worried over him is not well. I would so appreciate your prayers! I find that I am on the phone allot with her and on the puter with my family. And that's not mentioning all the family fun!

On the bright side... we have a new nephew...
*Joseph Michael*
Born: Oct 27th pictured below at just hours old

He is a big boy - a bit over 8 lbs at birth

I do hope that this post finds you all doing well and enjoying life!
Joe & I are doing well... and I thank all of you who have asked about us

*~*~*

Sheila
I have just opened your e-mail and am so thankful for your friendship and concerns! I love you all and hope to stay in touch from here on in - now that I am getting my e-mails again as I should!!

How are you??? And how is your Dear father doing sweetie!! I feel so badly for letting so much time get past me!!

Hi Bonnie2,
Sounds like you have been very busy as well... I hope your tests go well for you!!

Kim
I was just sharing with my girlfriend how tired I am doing the up & down thing with weight and with the holiday's coming, it's not going to be easy. It's nice to see you here

*May the Lord Bless and Keep you all safe in His care!*

*~*~*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 11-14-2005 at 10:54 AM.
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 08:20 AM   #5  

Default Good Morning

Well after a discouraging start to the week.....gained a pound on Monday....I'm doing better.....lost a pound on Tuesday....and another today...Tonight and tomorrow night will be tough.....tonight is a monthly quilting get together (I belong to 3 different groups) and there is always food involved....then tomorrow night is a Red Hat function...we are having our Thanksgiving Party....so I'll do my best. One of my goals was to get back to Curves....at least twice...haven't been there yet.... and with my activities the next 2 days...it looks like I won't have any choice but to go on Fri and Sat My best friend and I have a little support thing going, we each state 2 goals for the week....and if we make our goals, then we get each other a little (few dollar) reward (non food of course)...plus we email encouragement each day. I've been counting my calories on mycaloriecounter.com......and am surprised at my sodium intake.....it is way over the amount that is targeted.....definately an area to work on!
Kimquilts55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 07:55 AM   #6  

Hello everyone,

It sure is cold!!! Down in the 20's these days! We're freezing our booty off. We move into the garage this weekend, Sheila. I'll be glad when we're settled. Sorry I've been slow posting. Lot of excuses, I suppose. One is that I'm staying busy with a couple of CD's. I just got the master copy of one, when I had people to request a Christmas CD. So, gotta get with it. At least, now I can handle it all at home. Blew my speakers trying to learn, & had to get new ones. I go next weekend to sing at another TV Station to help raise money for their new building. Hope my strength holds up. I get a treatment Monday, so it will help. I think I've lost another lb or so, but haven't weighed yet.
I went to Nashvillle with Connie for the CCM awards & ate out a lot, so was scared to weigh this week. It was fun. The program was broadcast live & we had media passes. Didn't have to pay to get in, & could mingle with the stars. Wynnona Judd was there, Josh Turner, Porter Wagoner, Randy Travis, etc.

Enough about me.....welcome to the thread, Kim. Hang in there!

Bout time you showed up, SunnyD! Glad you got your email straightened up. Sorry about your grandfather. Prayers are going up! Beautiful nephew! I got to see my great-grand Saturday. Such a sweet baby. Like his great-grandma.........

Hi Bonnie-2...deer season here, also. DH doesn't have many chances at it, but son goes often. All I have to do is look out the front door, & see if one has been hit by a car!

Hope all are going to have a good Thanksgiving. Hoping my family will all come.

Bluet....miss hearing from you!

Love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Charlotte
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 06:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hi, everyone!

Welcome, Kim! Good for you for losing that pound, and I'm crossing my fingers that you'll make good choices during your activities. Sounds like you have a good support system in your friend. I've lost about 80 lbs., but it's taking me forever to lose the last 20 or so. The darn holidays don't help either, but I am doing better planning than last year.

SunnyD, what a cute new nephew!! He looks so mature for only a few hours old. I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather, SunnyD. I'll be praying for him. How are your parents doing? Do you and Joe have Thanksgiving plans? I missed you--it's great to see you back.

Charlotte, did you really mingle with the stars?? How cool!! Did you talk to anybody we'd know? That must have been so much fun. Tell us more! The last time you posted, it sounded as if you were having such great weather so it must be hard to see that end. I'm glad you have the warm garage to go to. We're a bit nippy here, but no rain and it's been sunny for days. I had a nasty cold for a couple of days, but got up this morning and felt okay. Zicam works wonders!

Bonnie2, how was the hunting? Did you get anything?

My DH, Dad and I are spending Thanksgiving with my friend and her family. Her two daughters will be there, one with her boyfriend, and then another couple. Her son is in France with his family for the entire year. His wife is on a teacher exchange program. He's not allowed to work so he is the househusband.

Tomorrow I'm meeting a friend I haven't seen in about 25 years. We have lots to catch up on. And I haven't seen my Dad in a while because he had a stomach bug over the weekend when he was supposed to come over for dinner. Then I caught a cold and don't want to give it to him so I'm staying away. He has two drs. appointments next week, though, so I'll be taking him to them.

Hope everyone is doing okay and anticipating a healthy holiday!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:23 PM   #8  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

*~*~*
Good Thursday Morning my friends...
I just don't know where the time goes!!! I have been up to my ears with work since my hubby became the Choir Director and even more so with Christmas coming up. Not to mention how busy Delphi keeps me! After the new year it will quiet down some (I hope!)

Joe took off the week of Thanksgiving and we had a very nice long week / weekend together! We baked our bread and my sugar cookies and I made Garlic mashed potatoes on Wednesday to bring to the Thxgiving feast. Then on Thxgiving we travelled thru 7" of snow to Maria's (Joe's sister) for a Thxgiving feast... there were 21 of us there and our newest - baby Joseph - whom I finally got the chance of visiting and holding We got home around 10pm and were up bright and early Friday for our decorating day together... we got everything pulled out and began to decorate for Christmas, putting in one of many favs of Christmas movies and began to decorate. Needless to say, it took us much longer then the one day to finish... we finally finished Sunday afternoon! And I still have a home to clean before I an snap a few pics to share!

How have you all been??? Sheila, Charlotte, Bonnie, Diane, Bonnie2, and a warm welcome to Kim! It's not usually this quiet, but with the Holiday's and all that come with it happens ~ we do hope you will give us another go

Hi Sheila,
You are such a sweetie... trying with all your heart to keep this wonderful thread alive!!! Bless your heart!! I MISS YOU too! (((Sheila)))

My G-father is holding his own right now... we are praying that he does not pass-on before Christmas, but it's out of our hands & in the Lords. My folks are hanging in there! In fact, I spoke to my mother and father just yesterday ~ my mom is so "on top" of things... she already has her cards written and sent and I got my Christmas pkg. from them yesterday!!! Don'tcha just hate people like that! I try every year to live up to her and just cannot seem to do it *giggles*!! I have my decorating done, but still have shopping and cards to get done (among many other things in between)!

How was your Thxgiving Day with hubby, father and friends? Is your father living near you again Sheila? Did he move?

How was your meeting with your friend of 25 years? Did you have a wonderful "get-together"!!??

Hi Charlotte,
I tried several times to send a Thxgiving card to you, but you must have changed your e-mail addy... it came back to me both times! Do you think you could send me your new addy via PM so I can stay in touch! I so MISS YOU and want to stay in touch.

How is life treating you these days? It's been strange here - weather wise - last week we had 7" of snow for Thxgiving and then a few days later it actually hit 69* in OH in NOV melting all the snow we got!!!! That's a record high! And now it's only 32* and we are expecting another storm, but not as big this time

Glad you got the chance to visit & get reacquainted with your G-grandchild... no pics? So hubby is one of the many hunters out there right now... we are an area full of deer also! Allot!! Why... this past Sunday, while on the way to church I was stopped cold by a BUCK right in the middle of the road!! And the speed limit there is 55... I was shocked to see him just standing there when I came around the bend I stopped and waited to see if more were coming, but he must have been the last and when I hit my horn - he darted off... I hate seeing them get hit!

Hey there Bluet/Bonnie,
Do you think that we will ever see you stop in again? We all sure do MISS YOU here!!!

You too Diane!!
How is your life going? MISS YOU too!! Do you siggy shop at Delphi still? What is your nickname there... I wonder if I have bumped into you and didn't know it was you You will know mine... it's the same as here...

And Bonnie2...
How is life on the farm these days? Have all your Christmas decorating done?

I really must be running... do take care everyone and try to stop in... I will try also!!! *God Bless* Have a wonderful weekned!!!!

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:32 AM   #9  

Default Howdy old Friends!!

Hi Sheila, Bonnie, Charlotte, Sunny, Bonnie2, and I think Diane was here when I was last here, and Kim is new.

I had a hard time finding this thread. I thought everyone had disappeared. And, I wasn't far from wrong!

I hope everyone is doing well. I think of you all, but don't spend as much time on the 'net as I used to.

My hip is doing well. I haven't lost weight and despair that I ever will.

Send me an email once in a while and let me know how you're doing.
You can send it to [email protected].

Take care all and best to you all with your health. More later, ..... Willow
willow_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:59 PM   #10  

Hello Willow! So good to hear from you! Glad to hear your hip is doing well.

I'm afraid you're right. Our thread is just about gone. It's sure not Sheila's fault....she posted a lot, when no one else did, trying to keep it going. Things just happened, I suppose. I got slower & slower about posting. I think of everyone a lot.....just lazy or depressed. I haven't figured out which. Maybe a little of both. Still living in an unfinished house (probably the rest of my life) & my health isn't doing very well. Suppose I'm having too many pity parties.

I DID get a new computer, though. Bought it for myself for Christmas. Really enjoying it. I wanted to make a new CD, & the old computer just wouldn't load the music anymore. I'm not a great singer, but I love to try, & it helps me on my "pity party" days to sing & record. I also enjoy making the jackets for the CD's and tapes.

Well.....I hope we hear from the rest of the gang. I'll send you an email, so you'll have my address also. I don't trust putting it in a post. We're warned against it.

Stay well,
Old 03-18-2006, 12:51 AM   #11  

Hello,

Yes, it is me, I need your help and support....Please. I have started to eat sugar and whites again and I need you to help me stop this awful binge I am on.

Besides I miss all of you so much, Sheila, Charlotte and Sunny. Are you willing to give me another chance? I don't blame you if you don't.

Bluet
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 10:03 AM   #12  

Hi Bonnie!

Great timing! I started a diet 3 wks ago. So far, I've lost 10 lbs!

I'm here for you, girl! Now, you know those sugar & whites aren't good for you...so, lay off! I won't listen to any excuses! You can do it!!!!!

Love ya..........be back later. Let me know how the day went.
Charlotte
Old 03-18-2006, 04:29 PM   #13  

Hi Charlotte,

Good for you, you have lost 10 pounds and I have gained 5 pounds. Good for you and bummer for me .

I was going into my third year of no sugar, no whites when I went with my daughter from Stevens Point to Richmond Va. My daughter stood up for a college friends wedding, and I went along to keep her company. Had a great time, but had a little coffee mocha at the airport, then a little wine at the wedding, and a sumptious dessert at the wedding, and it has been all downhill since then.

Goodness, I can't believe myself after all that time. Well, one never knows sometimes.

I have tried and failed over and over to get back on track, but just seem to be climbing a slippery hill. I knew I could count on you girls to get me back on track, after all you did it for three years.

I wonder how your house is coming along Charlotte, are you still in your cozy little living space in the garage? I hope things are moving along for you. I still have your CD and listen to it from time to time.

It is almost Spring time here again. Sun is very bright today, but we have a cold wind. Still have not learned to like winter. Looking forward to my roses blooming again.

Everyone is well, DH is retiring at the end of April, but he still plans on running the farm, so I guess it will be kind of a semi-retiring .

Well, I guess I will move on, talk to you soon again. Love

Bluet
Old 03-20-2006, 08:12 PM   #14  

Don't worry, Bluet, we all falter from time to time. I can't believe you were so disciplined to go 3 years! You should be patting yourself on the back! You can get back in line again....just get that will power again. I know it's hard...it's been very hard for me to get started on my weightloss this time.

I'm afraid our house is at a stand still at the moment. DH was in a very bad accident coming home from work the 23rd of Dec. The woman who pulled out in front of him almost died. His work truck was totalled. She had no insurance & has avoided us. So.....our insurance had to replace the truck...which didn't really replace it, because the other one was paid for & this one isn't. Now, the motor has blown up in this newer one. It's been one thing after another, so our house hasn't even been thought about. Our son has also moved back in with his two little girls, so I stay exhausted & frustrated a lot. We just do the best we can. If the house is ever finished, I'll be surprised. It's ok, I've made peace with it.

Today is the first day of Spring, but, you wouldn't know it by the weather. It's a cold, rainy day! Suppose to be cold all week.

Bless your heart for listening to my CD. I have a new one now. I think it's a little better. Thinking about making another. I'm wanting to make a video, if we ever get the time at the TV Station for someone to film it for me. I think it would be fun. Connie has one of her walking in the snow while singing.

Well, I hope Sheila & others will join us again. If not...we'll encourage each other!

Talk to you tomorrow. Stay on track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2006, 04:39 PM   #15  

Hi Charlotte,

I think perhaps I am on the right track Charlotte, I am really good about no sugar or whites all day, but then after supper, I love the chocolate, so DH and I have decided, there can be no more in the house again. For the longest time I would have these sugar things around for the grandchildren and they would not bother me. Obviously, I have lost that will power. I will get there though, if I don't I will be very disappointed, because I am more emotional and feel really ucky when I have a sugar binge. Just keep hoping. At least I know the difference now from feeling well and feeling sugared up.

I am really sorry to hear about DH's accident, and so close to Christmas too. How wonderful that he wasn't hurt. Once again a major trial for you to get through. But, as usual I can tell you are being a real trooper as you normally are. I know, it is hard having guests in the house, but this too shall pass. You know better than I do that there is a reason for this. Thank goodness he has you and DH to turn to with those dear little grandchildren when he needs your support.

My DH had major surgery on that shoulder that he fell on the winter before this last one. His left arm was pretty useless for most of the summer, but he is getting strength and mobility back little by little in that arm. Our summer was a real bummer. Especially when DH and Son-in-law decided to move a garage ten miles to our property, improve the building, put in an outdoor woodburner, run all the heating tubes and wiring under ground and add a deck on the back of our house, it was getting way into fall when they laid the cement for the sidewalk and driveway. Obviously we won't be making any large purchases or taking any extended luxury vacations this summer, yeah like we ever do

We have been having Northeast winds off of Lake Superior, which we usually don't get. The winds are very cold. Fortunately for us, the winds and front are keeping all that snow the plains in the midwest are getting away from us. We won't warm up until May, gotta love that Lake Michigan .

Well, time for me to go.. I know you don't watch a lot of TV, but I got hooked on American Idol last year and enjoy watching the diveresed talent.
It is on tonight for 2 hours.

Talk to you soon.....Bluet