Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 09:31 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile Thanksgiving's Almost Here! Turtles #146

We are the Turtle Group here at 3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Last edited by Itryharder; 11-10-2005 at 09:50 AM. Reason: to use a smilie
Old 11-10-2005, 09:36 AM   #2  
Chick

Oh boy Turtles Good Morning!
Did I get lucky or what? Yesterday I did a yoga class in the morning and tried to figure out how to drop my 1.2# gain. Well, life took care of it. I'm sure it was just the salt (to which I am very affected) in the foods on Tuesday because I really didn't eat that much. I must also say that with my new outlook I know when I'm fooling myself and when I'm not. In any case I am thrilled because my home scale is showing me at 203#. I only have 3 1/2# to go to be into onederland. That is my aim for New Year's Eve and I am determined to make it. Repairman came and I'll have to buy a new treadmill, but the repairman gave me some tips for upkeep on the new one and I'll follow through. Planning to have a great day!
I'm wishing you all a great day with your exercise and writing and planning foods and doing everything you know will work to get into 2006 with a trimmer healthier body.
Yay!
Judy Itryharder
234.6/205.2/thinner into onederland

Last edited by Itryharder; 11-10-2005 at 09:52 AM. Reason: to include my signature
Old 11-10-2005, 10:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Mousie - good advice & you are so right, I think maybe with exercising more I have not been as careful with my food choices as I should have been. Thanks for the insight.

Judy - I was careful with my chinese choices, skipped the egg roll & breaded things & loaded up on the veggies & had some brown rice and beef dish. And I still felt puffy today - the salt really makes me retain water. Hopefully it will be gone tomorrow.

What a nice surprise for you on the scale - Hooray!! You are soooooo closed to onderland & real motivation for the rest of us. Keep up the good work - I am so proud of you.

Today for my lunch I am having a bigggggg salad (actually craving veggies today) and going for a swim tonight. Most of the halloween leftover stuff is gone & I think that had something to do with my gain - even though I sent lots of stuff back to school with dd there was still some in the house "just in case" & we all know where that ends up.

So your Thanksgiving is coming up? I have already gotten through that - always challenges. But I guess it keeps us from getting bored.

Anyway, enough rambling - bye for now.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:53 PM   #4  
Chick

Bandit, you did great with Chinese food. I know what you mean about the salt. I am always up a pound the next morning, but I know that if I drink lots of water that day and forget about it, it will only be a temporary gain. That means I can eat Chinese food that is healthy for me and still lose weight. Not a bad concept! Glad you and Mousie were able to figure out the swimming/eating ratio and come up with an insight that will keep you on track. Isn't it funny how I was struggling for literally 4 years and this August something clicked and I am slowly losing weight? Egads--I am working very hard to keep this frame of mind.

Good luck to us all because I know we can do this. We all have the right intentions and we have the ability to follow through. Remember my WW's leader's idea of changing impossible to I'm possible with an apostrophe.

Love,
Judy Itry
Old 11-10-2005, 07:37 PM   #5  

Wooohoo Judy! You're soo close! I'd be popping out of my skin with glee if I were that close. I'm so thrilled for you!

You really must share the technician's advice for making your treadmill last--I've got a lot of miles to walk to take off all I have to take off!

Bandit, I second Judy. It sounds like you did fantastic with the chinese food, and you should be proud of yourself. Salad for lunch and off for a swim later is a great combination, too! This is all about a series of "right" choices, isn't it?

My weight in is tomorrow morning, and judging by my hands (I always show bloat in my hands) it's not going to be good news. I'm trying to drink as much water between now and then as possible, and just see where I am. I'm not going to stop trying, but it sure gets discouraging to expend this much effort and not get a reward.

Okay, done with Pity Party. Onward and downward, Turtles!
Old 11-11-2005, 11:33 AM   #6  

Turtles! Turtles turtles turtles!!! Woooo me!

Wow, my pity party yesterday was SO unwarranted! This morning my official weigh-in was 281.0--MINUS FIVE POUNDS from last week! Woohoo!

I took my new class again yesterday, and today I can still walk! I even felt that little bit more coordinated.

I got up and did my walk this morning in 52 minutes, too! Dropping all that water must have helped in a big way! I had the song "Superbeast" on continuous loop (trust me, if you don't like metal you won't like this, so I won't even post a link) for a good get-your-butt-moving pace.

If you just keep hanging on it really does happen! Woohoo!
Old 11-11-2005, 06:07 PM   #7  
Chick

Oh Mousie, I'm so happy for you I could cry! That is an unbelieveably wonderful weight loss. You go girl!!!!!

You must be riding high today. Keep up the good work. You've done some mighty serious thinking about what you need to do and look at how it's paying off. Oh, I am thrilled, just thrilled.

Talk about inspiring. Wow! Bandit, you and I have a mighty strong partner in this Turtle Club.

Today I haven't eaten much, but I have company coming in tonight. If I'm careful I can get through today without a gain, but I need to do better than that. Without my treadmill it's harder to lose weight. I got caught up in a book today instead of hunting up an exercise tape. Hmmm. Well, I think I needed the rest, but I do need to get moving as well.

Bandit, I am so proud of you for eating a salad for lunch. That's something I resist a lot even though when I have a salad I realize it's okay and pretty tasty. Hmmm, lots of things and myths I still have to try to understand and tackle.

Company will be here soon, and I had better run. Have a great weekend and again Mousie I am so happy for you!
Love,
Judy Itry
Old 11-14-2005, 11:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Good morning turtles:

Mousie - WOW, you rock! Down 5# - that is fabulous. You must have been absolutely thrilled. Good for you.

Judy - good luck with your company coming and keep up the good work.

I had a pretty good weekend. Got in some swims but had a few extra things as usual.
But feel pretty good today.

My ww changed to different location so now my w/i day will be Thurs so will see how that goes. Also got a free 1 month coupon for a ladies club in my neighbourhood so signed up for that on Sat & did a 1/2 hr workout after learning the machines. It is basically like curves so will try and get there at least 2 times a week for the next month. Nice to get something free for a change!

Hope everyones has a great week. Bye for now.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:53 PM   #9  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, I'm so glad to hear you had a good weekend and that you've got a freebie workout in your neighborhood. You and Mousie and I are on a "can do" track!

My treadmill arrives tomorrow and boy have I missed it. Never thought I'd ever say that, but it's true. My weight has been affected by it and I'm struggling here. Am trying to do everything right and started the day off with a 20min. basic yoga tape.
My aim is to treadmill for an hour and do yoga for 20 minutes as often during the week as I can. It's a good aim. In the meantime I have to make the switch from summer to autumn fruits and work them into my day. I've got some tweaking to do, but overall I'm doing okay. Have to go out to dinner tonight and I hate that because the official WI may not be great. Well, I'll have to deal with that and make good food choices tonight.

Stay well, enjoy the day and chime in when you can.
Love,
Judy Itry
Old 11-16-2005, 03:14 PM   #10  
Chick

Hi Turtles!
I've got great news. It sure pays to change up your eating every once in awhile. Yesterday I had a hamburger for lunch and a small sirloing steak for dinner and I lost weight! My scale kept showing shaky numbers all this week and I suspect it was salt, and lack of treadmill. However, this morning was my official WI and I was down 1.8# to bring my weight loss since 2000 to a total of 30#! Yay--I aim to never see those pounds again. Let them hang out in cyber space with someone who can put them to good use.
I am thrilled. These last two weeks have felt tough as though I was losing my determination and that's a bad feeling. Now I am very happy and know I can keep on doing this day by day, week by week. So what if it takes me 1 1/2years to lose my weight? I'll look better and better with each pound down and the time will go by anyway.
Good luck to all of us as we keep on keepin' on.
Love,
Judy Itry
234.6/204.6/thinner into onederland
Old 11-16-2005, 11:17 PM   #11  

Woohoo! YAAAY Judy!! I'm so happy for you! I know you can keep going, I know you have it in you.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:20 PM   #12  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Mousie, thanks for the cheers. we're all doing this. It's good to know we've got it in us to get this done.
Judy Itry
Old 11-17-2005, 11:31 AM   #13  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I am taking a moment to wish all our Turtles Bandit, Mousie, Swania, Lin, Lauren, Choosie, Miata, and cupofjava and any lurkers out there, a very Happy Thanksgiving.
(Bandit, I know you have already celebrated this in Canada, but you're allowed to celebrate with us again!)
May love and happiness fill your days. May you have much to be thankful for.
Love,
Judy
Old 11-18-2005, 11:28 AM   #14  

Thank you for the holiday cheer, Judy. By coincidence I'm traveling to family this weekend, because we've rescheduled Thanksgiving this year!

Today was my weigh-in, and my monthly review day. Weigh in wasn't as positive as I would have liked (up 1.0) but after the 5-pound loss last week I was sorta expecting it. So it's cool.

I'm down 0.5 for the month, which is disappointing...but it's still down, right? And I haven't been suffering, so I'm not feeling too bad about that, either.

I've been walking every day this week, and this morning my walk was 56 minutes. That made me happy...I was out as the sun came up. It was nice.

So I will continue walking and counting and keeping track, and trust that I am still facing and gradually getting to my goal.

Have a good weekend, Turtles! Gear up your willpower and your determination, Holiday Cheer is coming!
Old 11-18-2005, 07:57 PM   #15  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Mousie,
you've got the right attitude! 1/2# down is still down and that's the right direction.
You exercise so well and often that you're going to be so fit! We are all keeping our minds straight about which we want more: a fit and thinner body or a food for the moment. We can do this. Have a wonderful and early Thanksgiving and enjoy the company of your relatives.

Bandit, how is everything going with your extra exercise and swimming and all? Have a great weekend. I know I'm going to be very busy, but I'll chime in when I can.

Today has been a great day and I'm working on knocking off another pound this week.
Love,
Judy Itry
Closed Thread