Support Groups - and..Who ordered the MOO MOO Platter?

Schatzi
11-08-2005, 03:42 PM
Wabbinah ...hee hee! So here ya go ...

Today I took Darby and Casey out to Harris Park for a 4 mile hike... after I done did my "merican" duty and voted for the town council, mayor and what not... Please forgive me if this is gonna sound ..I dunno...so "new joisey" City gal of me but where I hail from .. yeh get a booth, ya get a synopsis of the referendum, ya pull a one arm bandit like device to WHOOSH the curtain and then you DOINK DOINK DOINK the buttons..and when yer done ya DINK a buttom and WHOOSH goes the curtain... and yer done...

The way they do it here in loverly Petticoat Junction is ...Go to a little table with side shields on it... and with a "special pen" connect the back arrow to it's front arrow for the candidate you want... Now then for you Old 'Merican cows you may remember that classic show we grew up " WINKY DINK" remember? " (Winky dink and you ..winkeeeeie dink and me..we will have a lotta fun tooooogettttherr... Quick! help Winky Dink and with your magic pen, draw a bridge!!!) ... well, that's what's going thru my head as I vote...
Okay so I take my my magic crayon and complete the arrows,, and I'm like...Oooookay, what do I do with the ballot??? .. Ah thar's a Tallying Dee- Vice in the corner ya feed it into.. (grrrrreeaaat: ok, am I done?) ... NOOOO - You must see the Walmart Greeter lady who is picking up a few bucks thumbingya with a " I VOTED" sticker...

Wabby
11-08-2005, 04:04 PM
We have vote by mail here. Not nearly as satisfying as the old behind the curtain voting booth. Good for schatzi for fulfilling her civic duty.

It's beeeuuuteeful here today but .....brrrrrrrrr cold.

My innards are hurting like crazy today, but i'm still eating a greazy burger for lunch, because that's what I do.

My Bagzie, dear, I'm happy to hear DD is doing better.

Do ya think Mr. Sugar is done w/ vacation? Can Mrs. Sugar come out to play?

Cowpernia
11-08-2005, 05:01 PM
Painty is helping me make gloves so I'll point her here.

DS just had another ct scan. I hope this is ok with his insurance carrier. He sees the doc on Thursday.

I have a job interview at 6:30. Should I wear my hair as is .. unwashed and greasy .. or wash it and have it look fuzzy.

Cowpernia
11-08-2005, 06:16 PM
Going unwashed but I combed it so it's better.

I have to comment on Kirstie Alley who was on Oprah yesterday. I really like her. She's beautiful and losing weight and all that. But she was promoting her new exercise DVD wherein she teaches women to lose weight by dancing in three inch heels. So disappointing.

Bagzz
11-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Hey Cowpern!!! Good Luck On The Interview---make Sure You Report Back Asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanksgiving????that Was Over A Month Ago!!!! It's All About Christmas Up Here In Snowville!!! {no Snow Yet,but It's Coming Soooooooooooon!!!}

Schatzi
11-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Is her video sponsered by a healthcare insurance company?... THAT WOULD EXPLAIN IT!!
and PeachPie ..YO Moovalous dahlink you: Now:brush yer hair, have a great chipper attittude.. Speak no ill of past employer/bosses. Be enthusiastic (not in a cheerleader way).... Let your work speak for you... and exude CONFIDENCE --so say this ex HR Manager

Wabby
11-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Good luck on the interview, Peachy, and do all that stuff Schatzi said to do.

Schatzi
11-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Oh Good GAWD!! And so the "season"starts in Bagzcountry...DEFCON1! DEFCON1 !!!! Conserve energy everyone: Bagz will no doubt will need at least that for her 19 ft snowman!! (MEOW ) :)

Bagzz
11-09-2005, 07:53 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmm --i must have my mil's cleaning lady take down the hallowe'en decorations--they are starting to bore me-------------did anyone notice that shots is a confessed CLEAN FREAK----should someone tell her where we originally MET!!!---"wakey wakey Eggs and Bakeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" 'Get on the Busy Bus!!!!'----let's get our our dusters!!!! yikessssssssssssssssssss GODDESS ALERT!!!!

Wabby
11-09-2005, 11:49 AM
Oh Lordy! the busy bus! I don't think that darn bus has stopped at my place for years...... and yes, Bagzie, I had noticed that our dear leetle Schatzy has displayed certain, ahem, cleanie tendencies. :eek:

Has anyone here participated in a cookie exchange party? Would I be insane to host one? It would have to be first weekend in December, because our company dinner is the second weekend... It would force me to get my decorating done early.... I'm mostly interested in having a bunch of girl type friends over to drink nog and toddies. Maybe I could do that without the cookies..... DD has requested a day out w/ mom to see the Nutcracker. Must put that on my list. The Canadians have it right.... we need 2 months between Thanksgiving and Christmas to get everything done. :stress: :faint: :tired: :hyper:

Cowpernia
11-09-2005, 12:04 PM
I did all that Shots and got an email saying they picked someone else.

Wabby
11-09-2005, 12:06 PM
Happens sometimes, Peach. I'm sorry.

PainterWoman
11-09-2005, 12:27 PM
So sorry, Peachy Cow.... Hope the next interview a) comes soon, b) pans out.

Wabby-- My peo group used to do cookie exchanges EVERY year... they were terrific.... Only thing is to be sure people bring enough for exchanging AND "testing." Ahem. And trays/ or containers to take things home in. I think it is way less insane than trying to make a variety of holiday treats yourself.

I am not cleaning. Still.

ChickinHouston
11-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Just had to pop in and say you all are crazy! You make me laugh though, lol! Thanks!

Ruthxxx
11-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Definitely a bunch of nutcases!

Wabby
11-09-2005, 02:52 PM
I'll take that as a compliment! :crazy:

Kiwonk
11-09-2005, 03:51 PM
Well, speaking of the busy bus, I cleaned the bathroom this afternoon and I almost had to chip the grime out of the sink. Apparently every week when DD washes out "her things", she "wipes" out the sink, but never actually scrubs it with any cleaner, so it doesn't look like it needs cleaning, but it does. My bad. Gross.

Later, gotta go buy puppy food, grocery shop, and peek in on the musical rehearsal.

Kiwi

Schatzi
11-09-2005, 08:20 PM
Oh Peachers, I'm sorry it didn't work out...but at least maybe more interviews will come your way...

I hope mr. Sugah didn't take the internet away from sugahsnoofle...

YES!!! I AM A clean freak...I'm attracted to sparkly shiny things... where is this busy bus???? And how'd I miss it? And do tell the story of how you Cows met...

Big news! DH traded in his 99 Jeep Cherokee for a 06 TL Honda with that on board navigation system... Its very nice.... love that new car smell... he picks it up tomorrow.................................

must go clean something.....................LATAH my loverlies

Kiwonk
11-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Schatzi, youse be on the busy bus ever' livin' day, honeychile. We're the ones that keep missing it.

I see we had visitors drop by while I was walking the dog. :wave: Always like to do what we can to amuse, eh?

Sorry to hear about the da** job, Peach. Better luck and all.

I have just been roped into doing some sewing for the musical costumes. They need to alter some suitjackets to look like "cutaways" -- tailcoats, sort of. Yuchhh, sounds like fussy work, and the kids are already complaining about how they look. Well, actually they don't like the way the teacher did one of them -- made a squared-off waist length front with short square "tails". It does look dumb. Maybe I can do better. Oy. DD's costumes are quite a variety. As "lamplighter" (the ghost of christmas past in disguise), she wears knickers and a waist length jacket, as the ghost she wears a filmy wedding dress complete with train, and she also will have some body suit with harem pants that she'll wear for a dance number. The teacher is working on all these, she has a very hard time giving up control, not that I want any.

DD is over at a friend's house for "Lost" night. They get together every week for the new Lost episode. My inclination is to tell her that's ridiculous and she should forget it, but there's not all that much around to amuse yourself with so I guess she and her friends can be forgiven for using TV as an excuse to get together. But did they have to wear pjs? I mean, get in the car and drive into town in pjs? :o The good news is she got her report card and got all A's. again. How awful is this progression: The first 2 years of high school, when she came with all A's, I was pleased, somewhat surprised and proud of her. Last year, I was hoping every quarter that she would keep it up. This year, I'm just relieved. Something wrong with that, huh?

We went to a financial aid seminar last night. It wasn't actually boring, although I already knew practically everything they covered. I didn't know that you should send in your financial aid forms online at 12:01 on January 1st to secure your place at the "front of the line" for handouts. Gad. I think DD should go to a very expensive school so that she can get tons of money from the school. :lol:

Kiwi

SugP
11-10-2005, 11:39 AM
I'm back, but not from vacation. Dh and I pretty much like each other again, which is a Good Thing. I missed each and every one of yas.

More later. I have to make dinner and make it look like I've been doing housework. Hah, that's a good one.

Cowpernia
11-10-2005, 12:08 PM
This is my
B*tch of the Day:

DS has a dr. appt. at 1:40. He knows this. He told me the correct time for it. As he's leaving this a.m., I say, "I'll meet you in front of the doctor's office." Until he is 18, he can't sign things for himself and I must go.

He mutters something.

I say, "Huh?" (This is most of what we say to each other.)

He mutters and turns toward me and comes back.

"I'll have trouble telling that to the people at work," he says.

Soooo...he's considering not going. I can HEAR his breathing. The rest of his life he will, no doubt, be faced with being aware of his lung function and seeking timely treatment. Yet .... he's afraid of his minimum wage job boss.

I offer to talk to them.

He grumbles, "I'll call them."

Speaking of minimum wage, while his boss was not present at work, he put out a TIPS jar and collect $1. He is a cashier in a big supermarket. I would be shocked to see a TIPS jar after paying for all those groceries. Somebody tell me this a good thing ... that he's thinking outside the box or something.

Wabby
11-10-2005, 12:59 PM
Ooooo. Not a good thing. I'd tell him he needs to worry more about being fired for the tip jar than being fired for going to a Dr. appointment. Although ya got to hand it to him for initiative.

Of course Mr. Sugah and you like each other again - it's just the old ebb and flow of marriage. Faking housework - things that Schatzi would never teach you - rearrange the stuff on your kitchen counter, stack up all those papers that multiply on the counter, make a few vaccuum marks in the middle of the carpet, scoop all the clothes off the top of the dryer and stuff inside it. There ya go - clean as a whistle!!!! :lol: If you really want to impress him, dab a little vanilla behind yer ears - he'll think you've been baking. My aunt told me that when she was first married, she didn't know how to cook, but she'd go into the kitchen and bang the pots and pans around before she heated up a tv dinner and put it on a plate for her DH. :dizzy:

Hey Kiwi - we want to see pictures of those costumes when you get done.

SugP
11-10-2005, 05:51 PM
My aunt told me that when she was first married, she didn't know how to cook, but she'd go into the kitchen and bang the pots and pans around before she heated up a tv dinner and put it on a plate for her DH. :dizzy:

YES! Your aunt should write a book, Wabby. :lol:

I'll sure be dabbing something behind my ears. Either vanilla or Pine-Sol should do the trick.

I want to respond to everyone but first I have to read what y'all have been up to and I'm soooooo tired that I don't think I can do that right now.

Cowpernia
11-10-2005, 08:32 PM
This is ... weird ... I swear I posted this afternoon that DS

1. has neither of the things wrong with him that they were checking and

2. AND has been told he can come off asthma meds after 10 years. He smiled big at that. They'll check him again in 3 months.

Very YAY DAY

SugP
11-11-2005, 08:32 AM
YAY for that, Peachy! :carrot:

Schatzi
11-11-2005, 08:36 AM
happee news for Peachie!!!!
Grr, I did something real bad this morning (pre cawfee) and killed my laptop... I'm gonna have ta rebuild it..but DH has his personal one, his work one and we have a desktop one too... but alas, I can hear Kiwi ..now: bad bad bad, I haven't done a back up in like forever....sh*t on a stick and call it dinner....

Kiwonk
11-11-2005, 10:59 AM
Wow, that's incredible news for DS, Peachers!! How the heck does that follow from the problems he's been having? Well, I hope he will feel better and better.

Bummer about the laptop, Schatzi. tsk tsk on not backing up. I wonder when the last time I backed up my hard drives was? :chin: And the answer is: 2/05 for my main data drive and 6/05 for my photos. Guess what I'm doing today?

I'm having a horrible brain cramp over this: We are submitting an ad for DD's play program and I can't come up with any copy! It's only about 1.5 x 4 inches, and I could put a photo in, but I haven't figured out what the heck to do!!! I've come up with lots of very cute pics of her as a little kid, but I'm just coming up empty on how to put it together. I've been scratching my head over this for 2 weeks and I've got to get it submitted today! Any ideas? She's playing the ghost of Christmas Past.

Maybe I just need about a gallon more :coffee:

Kiwi

Wabby
11-11-2005, 12:39 PM
That's great news, Peach! Bet the boy's happy as all get out. :carrot:

I have a nasty headache, and yet here I am posting for you all. I do and do for youz cows!!!!

DH is leaving tonight to go down to the coast so he can get up at first light to go fishing. I will be all lonely. I think I need to go to the liquor store to buy booze so I can be a solitary drinker. Nah. I already have a headache. Tomorrow is bunco - I look forward to it entirely too much. That tells you how exciting my social schedule is.

Sorry to hear of your laptops demise, Schatzi. Congrats on DH's new car. I love that new car smell too. You can buy that fragrance in an aerosol can now.

Kiwi, I've got no ideas, but I have faith that you'll come up w/ something by your deadline. You work better under pressure, don't you?

Throb. Throb. Throb. My head's killin' me. :headache:

Cowpernia
11-11-2005, 12:48 PM
the pnemo is healing. She said no airplanes or deep sea diving for a month. He never has asthma flareups so he can try without the meds.

I can't write more. Distracted. Y'all keep writing.

Kiwonk
11-11-2005, 01:44 PM
Hey, Wabbit, you can come over and help me make several gallons of chili tonight! We're going to a friend's house tomorrow night, to celebrate my birthday and I get to bring the dinner. Huh? Yeah, made me do a double-take too.

Where the heck am I going to refrigerate several gallons of chili, anyway? Maybe I could just put it in the garage, it's cold enough. Sigh.

I haven't come up with anything good for the ad. All DH can come up with is "Congratulations, Stephanie! Break a leg!"

Crap. Help me pick!!!

Kiwi

Wabby
11-11-2005, 02:02 PM
I love picture #5! You could say "some things never change" or "we knew her when....." Those are adorable pictures, every one of them. They have to grow up so darn fast.

Oh, I just realized you just about slipped another birthday by us! Happy Birthday, Kiwi, you young chickie you!!!! :hat: :bravo: :hb: :gift: :hat:

Kiwonk
11-11-2005, 02:05 PM
That one is a hoot, isn't it?

Kiwonk
11-11-2005, 02:09 PM
This birthday is too overwhelming to think about.

Wabby
11-11-2005, 03:54 PM
I'm right behind ya, sweetie. Keep repeating "it's only a number, it's only a number, it's only....." Now breathe deeply.....

SugP
11-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Happy Birthday, Oh Taffy-Haired One!!!

Man, good thing Wabby's on the ball because that one would have totally slipped by me. My reading skillz haven't been up to par lately. You know how you sometimes have to stare at a word for a long time to make sure you're reading it right? No? Must just be me then.

And Kiwi - about the trying to write with a pen and the fingers not co-operating? WORD on that one. My hands have turned into two jelly fish.

I am off to bed now. Note to self: jammie bottoms with white fluffy clouds and yellow crescent moons on them are NOT slimming.

Kiwonk
11-11-2005, 09:50 PM
My reading skillz haven't been up to par lately. You know how you sometimes have to stare at a word for a long time to make sure you're reading it right?Oh, I'm totally with you. Do you have a sort of quiet buzzing going on in your brain too? I think it's that pulsating purple ad on the right side of the screen. Not my complete lack of focus, no. Possibly that dancing carrot.

Thank you for the early birthday greetings! I'm really going to try to celebrate. If I can stay awake. You know us old people.

This is what my puppydog does when she runs out of other things to do: she grabs a piece of paper out of the recycling box and runs under the desk with it and chews it all up. I'm inclined to pretend I don't notice. Or perhaps I'm tired of crawling under the desk, sticking my finger into her mouth and pulling it out...

I think your jammies sound heavenly, Sug.

You won't believe what absolutely wonderful thing happened to me today! I was stirring my giant pot of chili (for my birthday dinner tomorrow night :rolleyes: ) when 3 people walked in the house, bearing a cooler. These are people I only know a little bit, and I thought for one horrible moment that this was the beginning of some hideous surprise party :eek: -- but no! they brought me clams and lobsters! Ready to cook, enough for the 3 of us. We invited them to hang out for a beer and they stayed for a bit and then left. And then we steamed clams and boiled lobsters for dinner! It was a big production, but DH did all the giant pot hunting down and scrubbing. And they were delicious!

Amazing, huh?

I like this avatar (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/customavatars/avatar3793_9.gif)

Kiwi

Kiwonk
11-11-2005, 09:54 PM
I decided to go with photo #5 and this ad copy:

And to think you were such a shy child....
Best wishes to all the cast and crew
Kiwi and Mr. Kiwi

Bagzz
11-11-2005, 10:00 PM
Wow!!! lobster toting friends!!! we all need some of those !!! what a lovelyl birthday surprise----am i to take these remarks,kiwi---to mean that you have reached another decade=====the one most of us are heading for????? well,hells bells----that's effin great----i must be next.=====just got in from the new wine bar in town,==it's all cozy and brick walls and leather couches ===it's under the Thai restaraunt===we went there to celebrate sissy's b'day----i had pad thai chicken---lovely-----regarding the darling son of peach----THANK THE GOOD LORD FOR SOME GOOD NEWS FOR A CHANGE!!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND THE YOUNG MAN!!! also,regarding my darling---she is starting to notice an improvement and i pray it continues====it was so nice to hear that from her as well----also---glad sugar and her man are doing fine,sorry about the shot's computer, hope your headache disappears wabs----i had a bad one earlier in the week but my yoga workout that i joined got rid of it!!!!! also=====wondering who has the nerve to call us NUTcases,but whatever====got to get going---have to decorate the damn shop for Christmas at the crack of dawn cause today was a holiday and nothing was open---Remembrance DAy====how come you Yanks don't wear poppies????? love yassssssssssssssss=============

Kiwonk
11-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Oh, some people do wear poppies, for veteran's day. I can't remember the last time I saw one, though.

Glad your dd is feeling better!

And happy sissie's birthday!

PainterWoman
11-11-2005, 11:21 PM
The poppies here are pooped, but I did post photos of a "decorated" highschool. I'm glad to see that the kids put some effort into thanking veterans... of course lots of them may be planning to go into the armed services after graduation...

Shatz.. did you get your laptop resurrected? I hope it was "only" a software problem and not a hard drive problem. DD still has a dead hard drive that they "could" get some data off of IF she paid somebody a fortune. Neither she nor I have external back-ups... Hmmm. Must talk to DH about how to back up in one fell swoop. My filing system(s) lack a lot!

Wabby-- glad you solved the advert issue without drinking LIKE a fish...I hope DD knows how fortunate she is to have an enthusiastic parent.

Kiwi -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Maybe somebody will get you the secret life of lobsters in commemoration of your happy party! What would you recommend I read in order to decide if this California Girl (and her Missouri) DH could retire to Me? We'd like to live someplace that isn't regressive. I'd prefer to live someplace that wasn't snowed in all the time... Are you snowed in? Always? Yet?

Sug -- Glad your fake domestic skills are working... Making the effort counts! Perhaps DH will let you know what is most important to him so you can conserve your energy. (My DH is satisfied if he gets a backrub... doesn't matter what, if anything, else I've done. I've got it GOOD!)

Peachy -- glad to hear that the most recent prognosis for DS is so much improved. I must confess it makes me wonder about the MD's, though. Glad to see you writing... I'm assuming that means you aren't standing on a traffic island with a sign asking for cash donations.... Is that a safe assumption? Hmmm. Those folks might make MORE than minimum wage... and actually, it's quite a bit of work.

Radiation is more than 1/2 done. Unfortunately, the area below "Thelma" looks rather like a pan-seared steak. Can you spell "radiation burn"? The MD gave me some Rx cream and told me not to wear a bra. O. Ma. God. :lol:
I will have to stay in the house. Or suffer.

No whining, though.

Kiwonk
11-11-2005, 11:47 PM
What would you recommend I read in order to decide if this California Girl (and her Missouri) DH could retire to Me? We'd like to live someplace that isn't regressive. I'd prefer to live someplace that wasn't snowed in all the time... Are you snowed in? Always? Yet? Southern Maine and the coast are more progressive than the rest of the state, but also much more expensive. And yes, we have snow already, and it's staying! Not very much at the moment; we can still see the grass, but definitely enough to remind that it is already winter-time. November through April, that's our snow season. The coast of Maine is much milder than here, but "milder" is relative. They don't get as much snow, but they are more likely to get ice.

Oh my goodness, the burning sounds very dismaying. I hope the cream is soothing.

Kiwi

Schatzi
11-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Just a quick pop in.. URGH! The whole hard drive had to be wiped clean... and all programs had to be reinstalled... Almost done..just a few more programs to add... Will visit again tomorrow morning and Read all the posts with my Cawfee...

But : happiest of Bdays Kiwi!!.....
how can you shoot that dancing carrot smilie?

PainterWoman
11-12-2005, 08:02 PM
It looks like lots of folks were busy and away today.
Thanks to those who recommended various cremes for Thelma's fried side. The MD gave me some ointment and it seems to actually be helping.

I didn't have to wipe my hard-drive, but boy I was in a dither for a couple of hours after "innocently" downloading a Netscape Update. It "lost" all my old mail. All the filed and saved stuff. Now granted, I probably don't really NEED much of it, but I didn't want it gone. Especially all in one fell swoop.

But I rescued it all by myself. Didn't even wake up DH from his nap. (Among other things, he's my live-in IT manager!!)

So now I can go put bells on the baby outfit for tomorrow's shower.
And watch some hockey later.

Schatzi
11-13-2005, 04:39 AM
Painty, I hope that ointment helps... I myself get diaper rash under my flabflaps .. and it hurts, I can't imagine how painful radiation rash is... Now then, how does someone from deep south go to the north deep freeze?? All you Northern cows are hardier souls than I ... GAWD LOVE YAS!!!

Kiwi: How loverly to have lobster bearing guests (or is that guest bearing lobster...) drop by for your birthday! And the caption for DDs theater gig is perfectly you..Miss dry of wit!

Wabby: I WANNA DO THIS BUNCO THINGY!!! Sounds like so much fun...

Bagz: So glad to hear that your loved one is doing better...WHAT!!!! You didnt decorate for Veterans day??? No Tank? No tent with a 100 tin soliders or a 300 foot FLAG?? Email me more cows dam it!!! I need to add all youse cows back into my address book..

Sugah: Dahlink, I have been known to spritz my face with water to produce Insta-Sweat... lay cleaning supplies about... and quickly run the washer to ...create an "air" of hard at work cleaning...Moohaha! :devil:

Cowpernia: What can be soooo distracting? Come back leetle cow.

We're off to do more 'sploring today in DHs new Vee-hick-al...but first we will stop off at "The Waffle house" for breakfast... ah well I've been in a walking carb coma for the last 2 weeks ... my eating has been , hmm.... craptacular of late... ah , well as Scarlett said " Tamarrah is anothah day"

Tah Tah Darlins
:carrot: Shhh, I'm huntin' cwazy cawwits

Lush
11-13-2005, 11:50 AM
Happy Birthday, Kiwi!!!!!!!!!!!
Shatzie, I see from your post that you have escaped from NJ. Why not me????? I would be willing to vote in a little box.
Peachez, Iím glad dsís news was good. Off asthma meds! Thatís nice, too.
Poo on the job interview people. They donít know what theyíre missing.
Painty, DD has a tan on her knee from radiation- Sheís never tanned in her life. Itís great that youíre half way through it. . My mom couldnít wear a bra either. Just donít run and give yourself two black eyes.
Bagzie, We want pics of Christmas displays.
Sugar, dhís have to fall out of favor once in a while to keep things from getting boring.
Wabby, I like the way your aunt thinks. I have faked baking a cake at one point in my domestic career. I always fake cleaning.
Life is good here. DD is all finished and sheís looking and feeling better every day. It is amazing.
Everyone else is fine. Me too. Iím going to take a few courses next semester regarding medical things. I feel at such a loss in this arena that I decided to get my vocab up to speed. Life is good.

Cowpernia
11-13-2005, 12:42 PM
I have this constant pain for a couple of weeks. I've had it before. I've been examined. Looking on the net, I find threads and threads of people with the same pain who've been tested and nothing found. One found relief with valium.

I kept looking and found some people with the same exact pain who got rid of it through diet. No sugar. No flour. The pain, they said, was caused by yeast. So I cut out those things.

Then I felt BETTER AND BETTER and THEN I HALLUCINATED That Lust Posted here!!! It was a nice hallucination but I must still be careful that I don't start believing it's true.

I am starting a blog. I don't know how to make it go. It has one post.

Schatzi
11-13-2005, 06:35 PM
Peachetta: Look up Costochondritis on the net... Here's a link to one of the sites that contemplates the symptoms/Causes and potential tx modalities... I dunno, it sounds similiar to what's ailin ya....

http://www.emedicine.com/aaem/topic136.htm

Ohh The Divine Miss L... How is Joisey dalink... I was trying to explain what a Schmatta is to these cows and just knew that you would know what I was tawking bout... ;)
We arranged a mass exodus via SUVs and mini vans for all folks between exit 43 and 164 -- leaving the congested fast pace for the likes of Green Acres.. EXIT 33 is way boondocks already!!! Passed the Mason dixon line!!
Wonderful news that your DD is done with her tx and back on the road to health..Now stop being a stranger... all these cows do are Bovine Whines, and boo-moo over the missing Lushy !!! Cute dog...

Cowpernia
11-13-2005, 06:41 PM
Shots, that's it exactly. It feels like someone stuck a pingpong ball under my rib. I don't which is 3rd, 1st, etc. ribs so I can't compare that part. BUTTTT when I cut out the sugar, flour and added the veggies, meat and fiber, I felt better by the end of the day. It may be in my mind but it sure hurts.

How'd you know?

PainterWoman
11-14-2005, 12:45 AM
Lush-- Greetings! So glad DD is doing OK... Your Mom and I must be on the same wavelength. Don't worry... I'm not running ANYWYERE. Barely moving at a snail's pace. DH and I have made solemn vows to get back "on the wagon" with exercise and food choices when my radiation is done. Hope your DD's mood is good and that rest of the family has weathered the storm as well....

Shatzi... I am sure you are a brilliant addition to the genteel South. You'd bring a breath of fresh air to TX, too. I'm sure you can find some closet bunco players somewhere. I never knew about it until there was an article in the local paper... then all of a sudden, everyone was doing it!

Way to go on the Dx for Peaches... hope it has something about treatment, too.

Night, all.

SugP
11-14-2005, 01:55 AM
I am worried about people in pain.

Got about 4 hours sleep. Stupid caffeine. Now I have to go down to the school and serve a healthy breakfast to the kids as part of some library lady activity. Hope I can stay awake.

Will catch up with posts and offer encouragement/sympathy later.

Wabby
11-14-2005, 12:06 PM
Sugar, the cure to the late night caffeine buzzz is more caffeine!!! the hair of the dog.... :coffee2: :hyper:

Today I have to take my DD to have a cortizone injection in her back. I worry worry worry about this girl... with the back problems she has at 25 I can't imagine how she's going to feel when she gets to my age. Dr's are wanting to do surgery, but we feel that should be the last resort. I've heard so many ppl who are in the same or worse pain following surgery.

Hi everycow, I've got to go .... just stopping in to say moo.

Schatzi
11-14-2005, 12:43 PM
Cowie: Dr.Schatzi..she knows deeze tings yah? Actually, saw another person complain bout the same thing and a nurse said it sounded like that chondristis thingy...and well I thought of you and looked it up...Try Aleve too darlin..in addition to all that healthy eating your doing.

Sugah: Take an excedrine...HA HA! That stuff is full of that wonderful drug Caffeine!!!!!! It will get rid of your headache and get the energy to re-catagorize all the library books..and make thousands of pancakes !! FLIP FLIP ZING on to the Plate...now move along little student! I got more pancakes to grill..WHEEEEEEE!

Wabby: Oh Woe! Poor DD... DH had back surgery when he was 25 Actually it was called , I think Chemopapin therapy..in essence they shoot some drug with some papaya chemical in it that dissolves the herniated crud in the disc...followed by more therapy... He was still in pain for years but seemed to clear up... then we had a Snowtubing accident (yes,sounds silly eh..but it was a horror for us) Ken ended up having a cervical disc partially removed and fused... That doctor was a miracle worker.. DH was on physical tx for over a year and had to take Vicodin...which is one of the most addictive drugs out there.. Thankfully Ken was able to "get off" them... PLEASE have DD be very careful with any pain killers ..

Painty" Aww Schucks Mam, thankyee kindly fer that "hug"! hmmm been ta Texas ..Houston was my 2nd home fer a year.. Flat, hot, humid, dusty, flat..did I say flat? But man oh man, I would take one of them thar cowboys anytime...they know how to wear them wranglers!

Well this morning I did the food shopping... and I do believe, but can't proof it ..I had a run in with a sociopathic shopper... the kind that steals stuff from your cart... She was hoovering about me in the Deli section, where I scored the last of the Kielbasa... she followed me (I swear) down the Coffee aisle... mulled about and ... then GONE!!! LIKE a SHOT!!!!..I get to the check out and NO KIELBASA!!!!!!!!!! POLISH SAUSAGE STEALER ALERT!

Kiwi: STOP PLAYING WITH JET for a minute!! Or are you contemplating the joys of turning 50..or sewing new outfits for DD?

BAGZ: I didnt get a chance to respond to yer pics since the laptop blew up.. but I ACTUALLY followed your family tree... a regular with 6 ya get an eggroll family!!! Both goils are GOHJIS!!!! and DS has all the makings of a heartbreaker!!!!

Ohhhh LUSHious, I know yer lurking out there....

Air kisses Dahlinks...must go..and umm...do something...

PainterWoman
11-14-2005, 02:24 PM
My eyebrows are returning.
Just so you know.

Schatzi
11-14-2005, 02:53 PM
Painty!!! EYE HAIR!!!!! a good "spring-like" sign of new growth!!! well till they grow in ya could go with that 20s/50s look of painting on yer eyebrows..specially being so artistic.. Imagine : you could do a spockish look one day... a groucho marx the next. a Vampy high archy look of Harlow! The possibilities are endless..

Wabby
11-14-2005, 05:21 PM
Back from the Dr. ordeal w/ DD. It wasn't too bad - I just hope it actually works. I had the pain meds conversation w/ her today. She takes Percocet, which I know are highly addictive. She says she never goes over her recommended dose, some days she doesn't take any. She's hoping that this steriod injection will help enough so she can do away w/ any pain meds. We hope if we hold out on back surgery for as long as possible there will be lots of new surgical techniques perfected by then.

Painty - Eyebrow hair!! Yes! Can noggin hair be far behind? Painty, you can retire here in Oregon. Bend, Oregon is the retirement hotspot. More sunshine than here in the Willamette Valley. Kinda artsy, outdoorsy community. We get all the rain, they hog the sun. You could still drive over the mountains to go to bunco w/ me. Speaking of which, I won boobie prize on Saturday. That means I won $5 wooo-hooooo! 'course it cost me $7 to play, but I ate enough food to keep me alive for a week.

Lush, that's such good news about DD. Now you can hang around w/ us again.

I went shopping Saturday @ Babies R Us to buy baby girl outfits.... so cute..... lordy, babies require lots of equipment... I was amazed.

Kiwonk
11-14-2005, 05:28 PM
It "lost" all my old mail. ...... But I rescued it all by myself. Way to go! :carrot: (Well, if I have to see that thing jumping all over my screen, I might as well use it...)

Did you see the adorable Huggie smilie? :hug: Aww..
Now then, how does someone from deep south go to the north deep freeze?? All you Northern cows are hardier souls than I ... GAWD LOVE YAS!!!Whatchoo talkinabout girl? Youse a nawthin girl y'own self, ain'tcha? Yes, I did move from NC to ME, but it was fer luv. 'cept I'da moved here for much less if the truth be known. I love snow!
And the caption for DDs theater gig is perfectly you..Miss dry of wit! Shhankyou. It came out very well. The boy who plays Scrooge will be getting similar treatment. I saw the picture that his parents are putting in an ad. He's about 6 in the photo and looks like Harry Potter. I don't know what the ad copy is. Anyway I'm excited. I bought my tickets today: 1 for Thursday, opening night, for DH (I'm working backstage), 7 for Friday night (in-laws are coming) and 5 for Saturday (bringing friends).
We're off to do more 'sploring today in DHs new Vee-hick-al...but first we will stop off at "The Waffle house" for breakfast... OO, grease and carb central!! Something very appealing about the very seediness of those places (well, some of them anyway).

Why thanks for the HB, Lush. 50 is such a large number. Good thing I'm not over 25 in my head. Wow, faking a cake, that's Advanced Domestic Goddesstry. Soooooo glad that your DD is through the treatments and feeling good. What a relief!

I have dogspit on my glasses. :lol: And I don't care. Good grief this puppy is soooooo bad. And so durn cute at the same time. We had our 2nd puppy class yesterday. It would have gone better if the place wasn't so full of distractions, but it was fun. Then I got in the car and it died (THE CAR, that is). I had to get AAA to tow me to the Ford dealer, which was closed because it was Sunday. (remember I live 75 miles away from this place) He was nice enough to suggest a couple of other places to take it, but they couldn't work on it either. So I figured I'd just leave it at the dealership and get DH to come (an hour and a half) to get me. Before I called him, I tried it again, and the freakin thing started. :rolleyes: What a monumental waste of a beautiful day...

You'll all want to see my two birthday cakes. DD had one made, which was delicious and insulting. And the folks where we had the party contributed another one, which must be seen; I simply can't describe it.

Peaches! I will go look at your blog. Mine sux. I never write on it anymore. It took me too much time to write one page.

You can get a pain from Costco?
Got about 4 hours sleep. Stupid caffeine. Now I have to go down to the school and serve a healthy breakfast to the kids as part of some library lady activity. Hope I can stay awake.I feel your exhaustion. I spent way too much time sewing up these little jackets, and I'm only half done -- I stayed up late, got up early and haven't had time to nap today. I will be crashing here at some point.

Okay, gotta go grab the cake photos to post.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
11-14-2005, 06:21 PM
Wabbit, did I ever tell you about my trip to Oregon years ago? We went with a couple of friends to Idaho to go rafting for a week (which was heaven, let me tell you), and then we rented a car and did some sightseeing in Idaho and Oregon. We stayed outside of Joseph, OR for a couple of days and had a blast in that town. DD was 4 at the time and staying with her grammie at home and broke her arm while we were gone and out of touch on the river.

Schatzi
11-14-2005, 08:59 PM
Kiwi Says: Whatchoo talkinabout girl? Youse a nawthin girl y'own self, ain'tcha? Yes, I did move from NC to ME, but it was fer luv. 'cept I'da moved here for much less if the truth be known. I love snow!

Why ah doooo DeeClah, I think Kiwi Done Channelled Buttahfly Mc Queen from Gone wit da wind...

Ya can keep yer snow darlin.. SNOW =WET + RAIN -32F = - Schatzi

PS: KIWI must be tired.. I noticed at least 2 typos in her posts... {{{shudder}}}
PPS: love the DD cake/saying: Ahh DD takes after Momma in the humor department eh? L O V E I T..I woulda showed up with a fire extinguisher fer that cake heh heh heh...

PainterWoman
11-14-2005, 10:39 PM
Wabbs-- Might have to invite DH to Bend. My "dad-of-choice" (adopted after my parents died) and his wife and their kids moved there from Los Gatos, CA. He and his wife have died, but his son and daughter and their respective families are still there. His son looks like Kevin Costner, and I had a crush on him from about age 12... I also know that the truck stop has awesome pies. I'm worried about housing prices, though... Hmmm.

Kiwi-- the cake photos are... um.. illuminating.

Shatz-- the red eyebrow pencil that I thought matched my wig was color 666. DH said it looked like H*ll, besides. I'm glad my OWN hair is coming in... Oh, and I do have head hair returning. It is remarkably DARK... unlike anything I've seen on my head before. Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry in.ter.es.ting.

I need to go see if the Cowboys can beat the Eagles without T.O.

Too bad there isn't a "warm" area nearer Boston... I'd really like to live near my daughter. .sigh.

Cowpernia
11-15-2005, 07:30 AM
Just to clear up an earlier email to you all, Herbie is the ex-bf and the other people are his granddaughters and son-in-law. I don't know where he went but apparently it was a big deal to him and he seems to feel comfortable believing it was so great that I'd enjoy writing a press release about it. As Sugar pointed out, he seems to know what I'm doing.

Wabby
11-15-2005, 04:52 PM
Hi Cowsies. I have a new daughter-in-law. She and DS married in the judges chambers today. The mother of the bride and mother of the groom were witnesses and DH was the official photographer. And that's the news from here.

Cowpernia
11-15-2005, 05:03 PM
Well, that's SOME news!! Congratulations Wabbo-in-law. Will we be receiving photos?

Schatzi
11-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Congratulations Wabby!!! I hope she is a loverly addition to the Wabbyherd.

Schatzi
11-15-2005, 05:12 PM
Where did these come from ? How fun! Makes me almost be able to tolerate that dancing carrot

:snow4: :snowfight :turkey: :thanks2:

Cowpernia
11-15-2005, 05:40 PM
I have to see. :turkey: :turkey: What ARE they doing?

Wabby
11-15-2005, 05:50 PM
Yup. She's a very wonderful addition to our family. DS is very lucky and of course, so is my DDIL to have my sweet boy for a spouse. They are very young, but so crazy in love it makes my heart ache. I was a leetle bit weepy this morning thinking about my boy getting married, but it's all good. They plan on a big hoopla reception next spring after the baby has arrived.

Kiwonk
11-15-2005, 06:03 PM
Hi Cowsies. I have a new daughter-in-law. She and DS married in the judges chambers today. The mother of the bride and mother of the groom were witnesses and DH was the official photographer. And that's the news from here.Oh I'm so happy for them!! You seem very pleased too, that's fantastic! Congratulations!

PS: KIWI must be tired.. I noticed at least 2 typos in her posts... Okay, you got me, where? You know I'm a perfectionist, right? Nothing I like better than proofreading. :shrug:

We are having a blizzard!! :snow4: I had a snowball fight with the dog! Well, not exactly a fight. I made them. I threw them. She ate them.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
11-15-2005, 06:10 PM
The DDIL is lucky indeed.

I am so bored. DS won't be home til 9:30. I am SO BOREDORRAMAMAAAAA.

And HErbie is a :doh:

SugP
11-15-2005, 06:14 PM
Aww, that's so sweet, Wabby. Congratulations! :hug: Here's a tap dancing turkey for the mother of the groom. :turkey:

I came away from the healthy breakfast yesterday with 4 lbs of organic carrots and two packages of smoked turkey luncheon meat. Recipes please?

My attempt at being southern:
I's don' know nothin' 'bout birthin' no babies, Miz Scahhlett! :no:

Should I go to bed now? Magic 8 Ball says: YES :yes:

Wabby
11-15-2005, 06:18 PM
And HErbie is a :doh:
I think you're being kind, Peach.

I am so bored too. I'm too antsy to get any work done today. I have another hour and 15 minutes left to endure. Argh. I don't know if I can do it.

Cowpernia
11-15-2005, 06:41 PM
Wabby, ask the boss if you can go home.

PainterWoman
11-15-2005, 08:48 PM
Congrats, Wabby! Be sure to tell me when y'all know the baby's, ahem, sex!!
They're BOTH lucky to have you... your supportiveness... AND their love for each other. There are worse things that can happen, aren't there? And we've all experienced at least some of them, I'm sure.

Shatz-- I don't believe I've ever seen carrots and turkey in the same recipe... but i bet if you google it, there's something somewhere.... turkey and carrot etouffee?

Cowsie-- I can't figure where exBF gets off thinking you'd want to do something for him after how wounded you were. Perhaps he is of the Clan Narcissist? :rofl:

and I do think that the Homeland Security folks will want to keep an eye on these turkeys. :turkey: The one on top shor' do look happy...... :D

Schatzi
11-16-2005, 10:37 AM
yesterday my landlady took me to her gym... it's very nice and has lots of aerobic classes...My Landlady is like 28, thin, toned, and beautiful... I should hate her. She's also finishing up her certificates to become a Personal Trainer-- and I do believe I will become her first client and project {{{horrors}}}. She started talking all fitness and health and flax seed and portion control and red meat has lots of trans fats... and and and.... . .We then went to some quaint shops to browse and had lunch at an adorable little cafe. A loverly afternoon out and about...
So I'm seriously thinking bout joining the gym.. since although I am s l o w l y loosing weight, I have the muscle tone of a jellyfish

Cowpernia
11-16-2005, 10:55 AM
Shots, I think you are so cute!!! And I want to meet your landlady. I eat flax every day. Every single gol durn day. I put in my yogurt usually. I want to know what else she has to say.

I am eating so well. Lemme tell you about dinner.

DS loves weird food and wanted pomegranates so I squoze the juice out of one and earned the seed out of another and made vinagarette from this place pomwonderful.com. Then I made the South Beach Phase II recipe on this site that uses chicken, 2 fresh oranges (more squozing), apricots, prunes, chickpeas, spices-o-yumyum, sweet tater and onion.

It was so good. DS acted so bored.

Wabby
11-16-2005, 12:14 PM
Schatzi, I need your landlady. Could she make a house call to the left coast? I definitely think you should join the gym and become our poster child for muscle tone. :wl: I am not eating well - lemme tell you about my dinner - we took the newlyweds out - I had prime rib, baked potato w/ all the bad stuff, caesar salad, lots of bread and butter and a slushy alcoholic drink. None of it had flax seed.

Painty, the grandbaby is going to be a girl - anyway, that's what the ultrasound tech said and she has a 98% accuracy rate (she says).

Sugar, my recipe for carrots would be carrot cake, and I'm sure you were looking for a healthy recipe. My mil used to make a jello salad w/ sf lemon jello, grated carrots, crushed pineapple and chopped walnuts. Actually was pretty good and good for you.

DD & her bf are coming over for dinner tonight. Grilled salmon is on the menu. DD's back is hurting worse now than before the steroid injection, but I'm hoping it calms down in a few days. Otherwise she'll need to go in for another injection in 2 weeks.

I wish I could stay home and clean my house today - isn't that cwazy? actually wanting to clean. I wasn't feeling all that well last weekend and I didn't get floors mopped and the doggie footprints are driving me nutz. and the fridge needs a clean out, and the carpet could use a vacuum, the mirrors and vanity in the bathroom need a swipe, plus the deck needs a clean up.... and here I sit at the office. Durn.

I need you bovines to hang around and entertain me today. It's going to be a long one, all by myself, and no book to read.

Wabby
11-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Sugar! here's the instructions for the carrot jello salad, as cooked by a very talented monkey---- don't ask, just check it out---
http://www.himonkey.net/cooking/sjs/index.html

Cowpernia
11-16-2005, 01:42 PM
Wabby, I would love to stay and entertain you but I must go out. Among my many predictable chores is a lady who saw me knitting at church and who called to say she had me mixed up with somebody else and didn't know who I was but if I was the one who was knitting a glove I must be pretty good and she needed some help with her knitting so where did I live?

I told her I'd meet her at church today. Do most people have houses clean enough for this sort of thing?

Wabby, your scale thingie is wrong. Fix it!!! Eat flax. Shots what does landlady say about flax anyhow and how did she get to be a landperson at 28? Doesn't she work? People who don't have to work can look good easier. Like you. And me? No, not me. I have to work. HAVE TO>>>>>>

Do you think Lush is locked up with Dusty and only posts on her visits home?

Schatzi
11-16-2005, 02:18 PM
I've returned from another Hikette with the fur kids ... WABBY.. That Hi Monkey site just makes me smile! Sigh, yes...I've been mulling it over and decided to join that gym...in addition to exercise , it'll give me a chance to mingle with the natives here...Your dinner sounds YAmalicious... as does your Cowsie...tonight is Stuffed cabbage and a salad..never can get enuf ruffage I reckon..Ah apparently Flaxseed is wonderus... lots of that omega 3 stuff and she swears its an energy booster.. sooo, I guess I'll add that to the shopping list. Ana is a latin lovely..originally from Honduras.. she married or is shacking up with Bill..who is our landlord..He's about 32ish and owns about 5 houses that he rents out and has a interior/exterior painting biz too.. Scrappy Fella... They have a 2 year old Eliza, who is cuter than the capital Q and sweet sweet sweet. She helps Bill with his various properties and goes to the gym...and takes care of their daughter...but come January she will be working at the gym part time as a fitness guru... When Ken came down here from joisey he said this house would be perfect and the only "potential" drawback is that the owner lives next door...No problem, We aren't raging partiers or will trash their place.. and he turns out to be a live and let live kinda guy..so its all very nice..

I asked the 3FC ladies to create a Weight Pendulum... my ticker lies on a daily basis.. heh heh..and what do I do?? I bought all kinds of healthy food... with some treats... of course I am sitting here eating popcorn and kisses...bleah...

Schatzi
11-16-2005, 02:22 PM
Cowpie: hmmm I dunno about that Lush...but I had the strangest feeling about her dog... in her avatar.... I think that's Precious from

"It puts the Lotion in the Baaaaskkkket! Silence of the Lambs...
I hope Lushious and Precious are okay.

Hmmm Clandestine Church meetings to help a fellow knitter... You actually made knitting sound exciting and mysterious. YOu must be a very advanced knitter...I've never seen knitted gloves ..just mittens... all that finger work must be difficult.

SugP
11-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Sugar! here's the instructions for the carrot jello salad, as cooked by a very talented monkey---- don't ask, just check it out[/url]

Thanks Wabby! I was frightened by a jellied salad once as a child :carrot: so I don't think I'll be making that, but the monkey is just PRECIOUS! Some people are just too clever. Did you check out the brie on a baguette one?

I got nothing done today, as usual, so why am I even whining about it. It's not like I've lost my momentum. I never had any to start with.

Peachy! My house is NEVER clean enough for spontaneous drop-bys. 3 hours notice is the bare minimum.

Schatzi - is the landlady going to remodel you for free?? That would be fabulous.

Schatzi
11-16-2005, 05:22 PM
AACK! Sugah!! Frightened by a Jello Blob! :lol3: I can sympathize..I never could take a cotton to them jello molds... They could be tasty but umm....they just Look wrong I am gonna try some of the other Hi monkey recipes...

I sat on my large rump this whole afternoon.. I thought about stuff to do as I traipsed thru the woods but thats as far as I got... and no stuffed cabbage tonight either... dH is stopping at his watering hole for a few ...so I think just a salad ....

I think Ana is going to do most of it for free...We're both morning larks so she wants to hit the gym for 6am, she will show me how to use the machines properly and make me a list of exercises for 1 day lower/1 day upper/1 day aerobic..

Kiwonk
11-16-2005, 05:49 PM
I Love That Monkey! I have another carrot recipe that couldn't be easier. It's a little odd but tasty, and your kids might just love it. My Aussie sailing friend had her sister from Aus. visiting here several years ago and she told me about it. I think she may have made it up. She's one of these down to earth I can do anything what's the big deal people that I totally admire. Here it is:
Take a lot of :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: . Turn off the music so they'll stop dancing, and then shred them. Then take a lot of :cheese: (cheddar or jack) and shred it just the same. There should probably be more :carrot: than :cheese: . Mix them together in a big bowl with a fork. Season if you want, and EAT! How simple is that? Great taste combo!

We have about 3 inches of really wet snow on the ground. Jet's been having a great time with it. Although she doesn't get let off the leash to play as much as she did because she has been tearing off up the driveway which gives me a heart attack and I can only take so many heart attacks in any one day. She seems to stop about 3/4 of the way up the driveway (it is uphill, not steep but long) and stand there jumping up and down barking, as if she's trying to see what's going on on the highway but she doesn't dare go up there. However any minute she could change her mind about that, so it's a baaaaaad thing.

Here's the Bushism of the day:"If the terriers and bariffs are torn down, this economy will grow."
__GWB, Rochester, NY, January 7, 2000
And then we made him the president. :doh:

Spontaneous drop-bys: :fr: But as the kids grow up, you have to get used to it, don't you? I mean you don't want them to think they can't have people over, so you either keep the place clean (hah) or grit your teeth and pretend the mess is pretty. What I have learned is that I ain't the only one with a messy house, so I'm not apologizing about it anymore.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
11-16-2005, 11:57 PM
We live the land of nowhere and nobody drops by.

The dog is one like Lush has. It's not her actual dog. She wouldn't want him/her recognzied.

I am so smart.

Kiwonk
11-17-2005, 12:26 AM
My last post looks like it has fleas.

Kiwonk
11-17-2005, 12:30 AM
My picture is the real dog. We are not afraid of being recognized. It will be months before that grass can be identified again and by then the pup will look entirely different. Hah! Besides, Frozen Tootsies is not even on the map!

SugP
11-17-2005, 02:43 AM
Hmm...carrots and cheese? Might be worth a try. I know I'd eat it for sure.

Besides, Frozen Tootsies is not even on the map!
Yes it is, I saw it once! If I had a dog, I'd post his picture on the internet for sure to make people NOT come and find me. Axe murderers are afraid of dogs.

Going to tear down some terriers now... :D :D :D

Schatzi
11-17-2005, 10:57 AM
Where the hoodledoo are you all????
I'm bored...
I had a telephone interview this morning.. for Mercer doing claim operation audits.. um..lots of money... lots of stress...lots of travel... it went well...but I'm not interested in living in airports and Marriotts again. Bleah. :barf:

and just got done watching Murtha blather on about immediate withdrawl from Iraq... calling it a dismal failure... OKAY, while philosophically I agree... what did we do to these Iraqis? We go in crap up their country and set it up for civil war. And helllooooo... what about the bases that they are building over there...don't tell me Bush is building it for the Iraqis .... no, Bush has no plans to leave and I dare do think he has set up house over there ..

Hey, someone come out to play! :snowball:

:snowball1 aimed at :carrot:

Cowpernia
11-17-2005, 12:42 PM
Shot, you're an auditor?

We can't find our Photoshop CD to reload it on to the new hard drive. KIWIWIWIWIWII, is there some free way I can take pictures that are on the camera, resize them (I remember what you said), and put them on the bloggy?

Schatzi
11-17-2005, 01:19 PM
The grand mystical all knowing Schatzianna has been many things..through many lives...but no need to bow, I was Queen Elizabeth I oooh like 5 hundred years ago.

I wish I could help ya thar Cowpeach: and where is this blog... I must keep up with yer doins

Cowpernia
11-17-2005, 02:05 PM
What else have you been? A hootchie-kootchie dancer? A minister? A chef? A USDA inspector? A pilot?
Are you Martha? Letterman said Martha's show has been cancelled but it was on last night. She fires people then write them, on TV, a nice encouraging letter. Trump fires people and yell "Get OUT GET OUT" at them.

Other than that, the shows are the same.

Other problem, I look classes at Cal State LA or Cal State Northridge and don't remember which one. Both are in Los Angeles. Need transcripts.

Am tired of carrot standing next to screen and having fleas.

Wabby
11-17-2005, 06:34 PM
Schatzi, I'm afraid if you go back to work you won't hang out and make me laugh. I'm not afraid that Peaches wouldn't post because she's proven that even when she was working she understood her obligation here.

Like I mentioned yesterday, DD brought her bf over for dinner w/ the parents. Does that make it something serious? I don't know I can't get it out of DD. He's nice, however he's broken her heart once before so he's on probation w/ me.

After work today I need to:
1. Go to dry cleaners.
2. Buy dog food at the dog food store
3. Pick up DH's prescription, but only because he called me and asked if I'd puh-leez pick it up.
4. Pick up cd at the library and drop off book (Bee Season - it was really good.)
5. I should go to the bank, but I think it will wait 'til tomorrow.
6. Figure out what's for dinner.
7. Shift wash to dryer and throw a load in the washer.
8. Mop the pergo area of the house (so I don't have to do it on the weekend - this is my most dreaded chore.)
9. Watch the rest of Boston Legal that I recorded, but fell asleep in middle of yesterday.

Isn't this list a bit Lush-esque?

Schatzi
11-17-2005, 08:28 PM
WHAT THE Effin H*LLL------AND WHERES MY EFFIN==========Margarita!!!i Keep yer Effin LISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--- I just took a friggin break from these Effin tourists!! gawd i love their moneyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!but I have to UN-DECcccccORATttE from VETERANS DAYyyyy!! !!!!! DAMN THEM ALLlll====!!!!! I NEED TIME TO M O vvvvvVE ALL MY XMAS TREEEEES OUT for display!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!====---------AND GOTTA PUT In extra CIRCUIt BREAKERS for ALLLL MY LIGHHtttsssss!!!!!!!!!!!!----

heh heh, I needed a Bagz fix...like youse guys need a lushie list...

Bagzz
11-17-2005, 09:50 PM
hey!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE EFF???? I THOUGHT I WAS READING A POST THAT I HAD COMPOSED MESELF!!! you know that was so special that i think i may have to send out chicken bones as a reward!!!----need i remind you all that we must circulate our christmas card list in case we actually send any out----i think we did rather well last year,didn't we??? who will send out the list??? we need shatz=pie and i think we have painty's addy don't we??? Cherry usually sends out cards even though she is very busy-----HOW ABOUT THOSE CRACK LACED LENTILS WE ALL LOVED???? REGARDING THE DAMN STORE---- I DO HAVE MY TREE UP AND THE LIGHTS ARE HALF UP---I SHOULD TAKE A PHOTO---THE PLACE IS SO JAMMED WITH STUFF I AM GETTING NERVOUS THAT I WON'T BE ABLE TO GET RID OF IT ALL-----THE YANKEE BOATS DON'T COME BACK TIL JUNE!!!! I WILL MOST DEFINITELY NEED A MARGIE BEFORE THAT!!----crap=---i have to go cut cards----i wish i had time to read all posts and make decent comments------HOW IS EVERYONE?????? :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Kiwonk
11-17-2005, 10:27 PM
We can't find our Photoshop CD to reload it on to the new hard drive. KIWIWIWIWIWII, is there some free way I can take pictures that are on the camera, resize them (I remember what you said), and put them on the bloggy?I use Paint Shop Pro, which is a purchased program. Windows usually loads with MSPaint, but I don't think that will do what you want. I don't know about other free programs -- is Photoshop what came with your camera? My camera came with its own software for loading photos and editing them and all that.

Surely you have some moldering box in the attic with all your college crap, right? Of course you could just request transcripts from both of them, and one of them will tell you weren't a student there.

That was a lovely Lush-like list, Labbit, I mean Wabbit. Isn't Boston Legal a scream? I loved the halloween costumes a couple of weeks ago.

Wow, I'm impressed with your ability to do a Bagzie impression, Schatzi. Also I'm impressed with the fact that you have a freakin :gift2:Christmas tree up, Bagzerino!! I refuse to even think about :thanks1: yet, although DH keeps saying "We need to talk about Thanksgiving." Why bother -- I know I'm bring a veggie tray and dip and green bean casserol. It's not like I'm suddenly going to invite everyone over to this he**hole! :lol:

Kiwi

Cowpernia
11-18-2005, 08:03 AM
Kiwi .. I've been assigned the VEGGIE TRAY too. Let me see yours.

Wabby
11-18-2005, 12:02 PM
:lol3: :rofl: I had to take a second look - I thought the 3fchicks had mixed up Schatzi and Bagz!!!

Hey - just so youz knows I didn't do half that stuff on the list---it would take somebody like Lushy to do all that.

I luuuuuv Boston Legal, Kiwi. William Shatner is a hoot. I'm becoming befuddled just like him. Befuddled. I like that word..... Kiwi, somehow I've become the person in charge of most of Thanksgiving dinner...... and ppl want stuff like a brined turkey that takes forever, the special corn bread stuffing that requires baking a pan of cornbread before you even start, etc, etc, and I'm already tired. How do you get away w/ veggies and bean casserole? and then there's all that extended family angst - DH and my kids don't want any family from my whacky side invited, so I'll feel all guilty about that, and DH's family is getting together the saturday after Thanksgiving, so they won't be here on TG day, so it will be my family, Grandpa Jim and another couple. .... and speaking of Grandpa Jim ---- he drives me nutz. He has always lived beyond his means, which is how he ended up living out his golden years in an old mobile home next to our house. So now at the ripe old age of 92 (or is it 93) he has claimed bankruptcy last year and he's busy accumulating new debt ever since. He went out yesterday and bought a used pick up truck (he already has a nice car) w/ a loan at 17% interest for over 5 yrs. I'm so mad at him I can't even talk to him right now. The man lives on $600 a month social security and whatever we buy for him. None of his other kids (out of 9) pay for anything. He's my child who will never grow up and move out. AAAArrrrrrghhhhhhh!!!!! :stress: :bomb:

Thanks for the vent. I'll be less self absorbed next time.

PainterWoman
11-18-2005, 01:12 PM
I am thinking about whether to feel guilty.
We are going out for Thankgsiving Dinner. DD gets in mid afternoon and while we COULD cook and do "all that" DH didn't want to. (and he even LIKES my cooking). DD only said she wanted mashed potatoes... so we'll hit Black Eyed Pea which actually sounds perfectly good to me. As a kid we went to some friends' of my parents... lots of food and wine and "grown up" comraderie. It was never a time for relatives. I don't know if THEY were all that "nutz" or whether my parents were the culprits and just didn't know how to get along with relatives.

All those years when I was single, I knew the kidz would have traditional thanksgiving at Dad and Step-mom's house (because they TRIED to look like Norman Rockwell's America) and didn't think they needed to spend time with their mother-who'd-gone-bonkers because she fixed a whole Thanksgiving dinner in a kitchen smaller than a tenement bathroom.

I like left overs, but usually it's only the two of us... and who actually NEEDS stuffing... especially if you are reading on 3fatchicks?!!

Off to the yard... It is sunny and perfect for it today. time for the dying perennials to be laid to rest.

Wabby
11-18-2005, 01:26 PM
Painty, no. Do not feel guilty. Your Thanksgiving plans sound dee-lightful. I hope your visit w/ DD is wonderful.

When I was a kid we went to a huge family dinner that was usually held in some kind of church basement or hall. My Grandma had 11 children, who all had a half dozen or so kids, so we had a huge family. The adults all brought food, the kids ran around playing until we were hot and sweaty, then we all ate too much off paper plates and plastic cutlery, then we piled into the station wagon and slept all the way home.

Kiwonk
11-18-2005, 03:14 PM
Eek, your turkey day sounds like a pain in the arse, Wab. I like the sound of Painty's much more. But I never get a choice around here -- it's the in-laws and that's that. But at least I don't usually have a big role in the thing, unless I have some kind of spasm in the weeks before and volunteer to do the turkey by mistake or something. I have lobbied to go work at a soup kitchen or community turkey dinner instead, but have been shot down and gave up on that. See, my family does Thanksgiving in a big way -- that's when we always got out the fine china and silver, nice tablecloths and all the family who could, got together for all afternoon and evening. Everybody dressed up and it was a big occasion. With my in-laws, you want to watch out you're not 15 minutes late or they will have sat down and eaten without you. The meal is no different than any other family get-together, eaten on the kitchen table, quickly cleaned up and done with. Not that it's not enjoyable to go to these family dinners, but it is not anything special except maybe there are more dishes than usual and an assortment of desserts. I miss special. We get to do it every other year at Christmas with my family in NC.

I feel so violated. I had to call up and cancel DD's spring French trip to Europe -- not because she can't go, but because enough of the other kids cancelled that they don't have enough people going to hold the tour. That pi**ed me off enough when I found out quite a while ago, but I learned today we are only getting back about half of what we have paid. We will have paid $245 for the priviledge of not sending her to Europe.

Then I called up some state women's health thing that I was supposed to sign up for and they told me we have too much income for me to have a reduced/free cost mammo. All the income of course was in the first 6 months of the year and now we are living on unemployment and savings, but they don't care. Nice.

I just feel screwed. And yet, I don't remember having any fun.

I'd laugh if it weren't for the fact that I pulled a muscle yesterday and I think even an energetic grimace would hurt.

On a brighter note, I am thinking of buying a new set of dishes -- I got some money for my birthday and I'd rather spend it on something I like than have it sit around and get frittered away. We got everyday Lenox stoneware when we got married called "Glories on Gray" (http://www.hillhousewares.com/large_images/dinnerware223%20010.jpg) that I really liked at the time, but every plate and bowl just about is chipped and they did very badly in the dishwasher and faded the pattern right off. In other words, they look like crap. I am shopping.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
11-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Kiwi-- bummer about the income/mammo thing. No doubt the Congress will eliminate ANY federal support to fight cancer. (Let's, um, fight scientifically trained thoughtful people, unstead. :mad:

And too too bad about Europe tour deal... is there anychance she could go with some OTHER group and apply the '"down payment"? DD went on that Winjammer yarn cruise with mostly retired women, and actually had a blast. I'd certainly rather go to Europe with a bunch of high school students than old farts with walkers. (No offense to any farters with walkers... just my preference.)

I need to go pull weeds.

And there is, thank goodness, hockey on TV tonight. So I'll get to knit.

Oh, and Painter (the program, not the Self) lost the same painting 2 times. I can take the hint.

Wabby
11-18-2005, 04:26 PM
You've got me beat on the Utter State of Pisstivity, Kiwi. I have this to say about that -
1. Yup, my Thanksgiving is kind of a pain in the arse, but I get most of the leftovers.
2. That would p*ss me off enough that DD didn't get her trip, but I'd be blowing a gasket if they kept my money.
3. This country's health care system is so screwy. If we didn't have uninsured ppl going to emergency rooms for a cold, we could probably afford mammos for everybody.
4. Shopping always makes me feel better. Go for it. I've just got cheap, white stoneware from Pier One, but now that I'm almost 50 I think I should start collecting something expensive. Maybe dishes or crystal. Something I can buy without trying on.

SugP
11-18-2005, 06:39 PM
We had friends over for dinner tonight (sometimes I let people in!) and I made three kinds of soup: leek and potato, curried carrot a cream of tomato. We were really full.

That really sucks about the mammo, Kiwi! I think EVERY woman should be entitled to a free one or at least at a reasonable cost. I guess I'll be due for one some time soon but it's only covered if they already suspect something. Duh. There is SO much money spent here for treatment of stuff that could have been prevented in the first place if only insurance would cover some of the tests.

I'm kind of happy that my Thanksgiving is over and I'm not having to deal with veggie trays and green bean casseroles. Hope you cows all survive.

Schatzi - I got half way through your 'alias Bagz' post before I realized it wasn't her. You're a woman of many talents!

It's supposed to snow tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it.

SugP
11-18-2005, 06:49 PM
Almost forgot...

Let's all be thankful that we (hopefully) won't be eating these any time soon:

SPAMô Cupcakes (http://www.hormel.com/kitchen/recipe.asp?id=988)

Cowpernia
11-18-2005, 08:03 PM
I'm mad too. Here to Floridia, a truck comes around and parks in various places and give cheap mammograms to all. Also, charging you for something that's not your fault is the kind of thing that never makes sense which is worse than losing the money sometimes.

Last night after I'd gone to bed, DS came into my room and hung around for a few minutes. Then he said defiantly, "There's a dance or something tomorrow night and I'm going!"

He just left.

I can't look at the Spam cupcake right now. Today in Dogpatch, I went to lunch with a friend at a place we rarely get to. They have a different lunch special choice everyday and today it was Beef Fingers, Chicken Fingers or Pork Chop. You also get 3 veggies off a list. I didn't like the finger idea and chose a chop which came with a butter knife. The knife would not budge the chop so I asked for a steak knife which THEY DON'T HAVE. I asked what most people do? Just hammer away at the chop? No ... they pick it up and eat it with their fingers.

I took it home and threw it away. Was pretty tough.

Cowpernia
11-19-2005, 12:13 PM
I am starting a new thread y'all.