Old 11-08-2005, 10:37 AM   #1  

Question Thinking about joining LAWL

Hi, I'm new and found you guys through an web search. Looks like a great board!

I went to LAWL yesterday for my consultation and I did not join yet but I am seriously thinking about it. I have about 60 lbs. to lose. I was floored by the price though and as money is a bit tight I want to be really sure I am doing the right thing before I spend that kind of money. I have to lay out almost $500. Then, I am assuming this is before the cost of the Lites and all.

Any information or wisdom any of you can share would be greatly appreciated. The whole thing sounds great but I am scared.

Thanks, Gina
gvs729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 11:21 AM   #2  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Gina and to 3FC.

I would suggest browsing through our threads. There a quite a few "thinking of joining LAWL" threads out here so take a look at those and see if any of your questions are answered there. If not, ask away!
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:39 PM   #3  

Gina

like Carmen said, searching through the threads is the best way to get everything you need answered, but if you don't see something you need, ask away
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 11:41 PM   #4  

Also, I know one person who balked at the price of the weeks and the manager gave them to her at half price even though they weren't having a "sale" on them.

Whatever you do, don't succumb to their high pressure tactics. Be prepared for them when you go in. Have your mind made up and stick to your guns!
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 01:05 PM   #5  

My first thought when I saw your post was: "Run, Bambi, Run! Don't look back!"

Actually, I think that LAWL is a great program for some people. My DD loves it. It is higher in protien and the starches are restricted. Our center didn't pressure us into the Lites because we stated emphatically that we didn't like them (I think I might have used the word "hate" but I can't remember ) I have had many people on this board and at my center make the comment to me that they can't eat all their food (I can )

I would ask to see a sample of the program before you make up your mind. I would also check out the journal thread for an idea as to what different people get to eat. The thread on color plans is also helpful.

Good luck to you in whatever you decide.

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 09:16 AM   #6  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I was on the program about 3 years ago and lost 20 pounds. I then had my baby girl and gained 20 plus another 30! I joined again in August because I felt like I couldn't do it on my own and LAWL worked for me last time. So far I lost 22 pounds and feel like I'm getting myself back...it's like I lost myself after my baby was born in March '04. The program may not be for everyone, but personally speaking I LOVE IT!!!!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 06:32 PM   #7  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I'm with you Tina. I love LAWL. I have never had so much success dieting before, and I really do not feel deprived at all. There are so many foods on my plan, and so many combinations, that I have yet to feel bored with my food. Also, I think that is has been pretty easy to cook for my family and myself on this plan. Good Luck!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:35 AM   #8  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Yeah, no kidding. That doesn't even make sense, does it? Also, the ones that we used to get were all dressed up with salsa and guacamole. You know, come to think of it, I don't even know what authentic Native American food is. We live about 75 miles from a reservation. I really should find out. That would be some some good preschool lessons! Katie
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 05:41 PM   #9  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Navajo tacos are made with Indian fry bread. If you've never had fry bread-don't. You will crave it forever. Mmmmmm . . . .fry bread-with butter and honey . . ..

OK-drooling over
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote