Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #117

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #117

gma22
11-07-2005, 07:35 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today

gma22
11-07-2005, 07:43 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is EXERCISE! Let's get up, get out, and move that body this week doing something you like to do!

Good morning girls! We are having some record heat and boy is it weird! I am not complaining about it except yesterday morning, was woken by thunder and lightening around 2 AM, got up and went to the bathroom and decided I had better shut down the computers. I went into Jack's office and shut down the laptop, then trudged downstairs and shut down my computer, trudges back upstairs....and it all quit! :lol: :lol:

We did a lot of work around the house this weekend with carpet cleaning, I had to go to the commissary, etc. We have this new construction on one of the busiest roads in the city. They are widening part of it and yesterday, unknown to me, they were removing the bridge/overpass on the interstate. I saw the blinking sign going east when I went to the commissary saying may be delays, but didn't see when. Well, I found out! I came up over the hill and boom, stand still traffic. Took me half an hour to get 1 mile! I had frozen food etc in the trunk I was praying wouldn't melt as it was like 78 degrees! Problem was, once you come over that hill, you have passed the last exit before the one they are improving so you are STUCK! :lol: I finally got home and everything was ok.

Well, gals, everyone have a good OP day today!

Faye :) PS: For you Harry Potter fans, the new movie comes out a week from Friday (on my 34 wedding anniversary!) Looks like a spectacular movie! Guess what we are doing for our anniversary??

Mirabelly
11-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Hi everyone....
CRAP! Halloween turned into a whole week of bad eating and little exercise :( I had a good fighter practice last night though, and I have class tonight. I'm also really enjoying my Friday skating...we're planning on twice this week cuz the kids are home Thursday and Friday.

Sorry everyone is having computer problems.

Hi Lee! YOu must really be bored, huh? :D

I have tons of work to do, but felt bad that I hadn't been in here in a while. Still working on that 199 by New Years...

Julie

SuGyong
11-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Bored? With a baby climbing and trying to eat everything and a 2 year old actively destroying everything she sees? (Did I tell you I caught her putting coins into our floppy drive? I think there's about a 1.50 in there in mixed coins..!)

It's more like I haven't lost any weight in a month or so and I'm getting sloppy about the program. So I remembered you mentioning that they have all of the weight watchers points lists here, and here I am!

Speaking of which, Amelia, my 2 year old, wants to play outside and is literally climbing my back about it.. ha ha. See ya later!

1 point only today :( I'm terrible about drinking water and I've fallen off the wagon badly about my program..)

-Lee Ann

gma22
11-07-2005, 03:17 PM
LeeAnn: Ooooohhhh, Nonny (that is my grandson's name for me) welcomes all babies and toddlers at her house!!! :lol: Sounds like you are a bit overwhelmed! My children are 4 years apart so it was a little bit easier to handle the two of them. Besides, I had a boy who never got into anything no matter what and a very inquisitive little girl that got into everything! :lol: Hey, look at it this way, what a way to save for vacation, put it in, it DON'T come out! :lol: Take it easy on yourself. You have a lot to handle right now. Ease back into the weight loss thing.

Julie: Sounds like you have great fun skating. Haven't been in years and the old knee wouldn't hold up to it now anyway. Fat old age can stink sometimes! :lol:

LeeAnn: :flow2:

Everyone have a good afternoon. I finished my cleaning chores AND the guest bedroom rug shampooing so get to finish a nice book. Can't knit anything except the throw I am making for myself as I am waiting on yarn for the next project to be delivered and I get bored with it so decided to read today.

Faye ;)

Amanda Panda
11-07-2005, 03:41 PM
hello all,

I got 4 points yesterday - woo-hoo! I had a great workout at the gym - did my full cardio workout for the first time since being ill - 64 minutes in all! I found it hard at first, but I was determined to keep at it and after a bit I really got into it and the endorphins started pumping. I'm sure I experienced a 'runners high' without actually doing any running!

I've had a nice day today - counselling this morning, and we've agreed to cut my sessions down to 1 a month as I am doing so well, then I spent the afternoon with my friend and her beautiful baby which was nice. Her husband is away on a course tomorrow night so I am going over for a sleepover which I am looking forward to - lots of girly chat and dvd's.

FAYE - I wish I could magic you over here to clean my flat - it's such a state and every time I come back to it it depresses me! I AM going to clean it this week, I AM , I AM.....

JULIE - At least you are keeping up some of the exercise, even if your eating has been poor. Don't worry, I haven't been able to move my tracker even 1lb in 7 weeks! We will do it!

LEE-ANN - Sounds like you've got your hands full with 2 little ones - they must keep you very active! I really like the name Amelia!

Hi to Carri, Barbie and Susan

Love Amanda x

SuGyong
11-08-2005, 08:10 AM
Hi ladies.. does anyone know when kids stop waking up at 4:30 or 5:00 am? Ha ha.

Well I've found all of the points lists for weight watchers (man i love that system!!) and I'm already going "Can I eat yet?"

Julie- My mother actually followed through and forked over the 3.25 acres she's been holding over our heads for so long. Now we can finally build our house and move out of the "guest house". We're thinking seriously of building a moat. ;) Land's a bit wet. We're going to have to expand the artificial stream/pond system that we already have on it to possibly surround 3/4 of the property (it covers 1/4 now). YAY!

GMA2one- GREAT! You can watch them for a few weeks.. we'll go on vacation somewhere hot, and I promise we'll come back for them... maybe. Ha ha!

Amanda- Endorphins are so great! I wish we didn't have to work so hard to get it... just joking.

Lee Ann

gma22
11-08-2005, 08:19 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is FRUIT. It is one of the best ways to solve a sweet tooth problem, get in fiber and provide a good source of vitamins. Try some exotic fruits once in awhile, papaya, star fruit, mango, pomegranate.

Amanda :bravo:

Amanda: Besides being ANAL I am ultra organized so I keep up on everything. Like I said before, I broke the house up into jobs for each day and do them on a schedule and it keeps everything nice and clean. I cannot stand clutter so my house is never ever cluttered, which is what I think most households have trouble with, ie magazines, newspapers thrown about, dirty clothes thrown on the floor, jackets slung over chairs, etc. Most houses aren't really dirty, just cluttered so they look dirty. It actually makes me ill to have clutter. I find that if I have something out of place I have to pick it up immediately or I hand wring or something. It is a mental issue actually, but there you go! :lol: :lol:

Hope everyone is starting their day nicely. It is supposed to be near 90 today, can you believe that????? At 6 PM it was 80 degrees here last night and since the time change, that means it was dark so it should have cooled off!! We slept with open windows and fans on all night.

Talk to you soon

Faye :)

Satine
11-08-2005, 10:12 AM
Morning All ... sorry I have been MIA for a few days, been busy eating fatty foods and relaxing, ha ha :lol: Yes my program has suffered for the last couple of weeks... one day on diet one day off seems to be the way I am working it ... I am with Julie, Halloween set off on a bad eating spree ... I am actually quite afraid to weigh myself at this point, quite. :(

Amanda - WTG on doing that long workout yesterday, you CAN get under 200, although now I am back over again !!!! GEEEEZZZZZ

Faye - going to be 90 there today, YUCK !! I think it is going to be like 72 here today, I even think that is hot ... I guess we are supposed to be getting some nasty storms this afternoon.

Julie - I think we both know that we can step away from this Halloween binge and get on with losing our weight ... come on!!!!

Barbie - HI !!!

Lee Ann - Welcome ... too active little ones? I do not envy you ... sometimes I love my childless life, ha ha :carrot:

Susan - HEllo !!!!

Hope everyone is having a good day... I was totally OP until last night when I had a ton of pizza rolls ...If I can just have one totally OP day then I think I can move forward - to just make it one day ... well wish me luck !!!
Tonight is Biggest Loser, so normally I can stay OP that day ... ha ha

gma22
11-09-2005, 05:27 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes a day to gripe about whatever you want. This week's diet woe is why aren't lowfat/fatfree products individualized like other products, ie snack foods like potato chips and why is the nutritional info for those that are only on the box they came in, not the individual servings themselves?

I woke up to go to the bathroom (over the hill now so have to pee every night! :( ) and then went back to bed and started coughing so I had to get up. So here I am at 4 AM!

LeeAnn: Sounds like you have two live wires. My kids were wonderful even when they were little. My son was a whopping 9 1/2 lbs and huge and came home from the hospital and started sleeping through the night right away and dd didn't take too long to do that. They also rarely got up before 6:30 or so. We also had them "trained" on Saturday they got up, got themselves cereal and watched cartoons and let us sleep in. This was from about the time my son was 6 and dd was 2 on. We had milk that came delivered with a spout so they could get milk fairly easily and I always put the cereal down where they could get it on Friday nights before we went to bed. I had cereal in Tupperware containers that poured out easily too. The little devils were pretty independent I must say. They didn't get into trouble either, just watched tv for a couple hours! :lol: Uhhh, is that moat for your mother????? :^: :D

Oooh, I just ordered myself a Kitchenaid mixer and I can't wait for it to get here. I have wanted one for ages but they are like $400. QVC had an hour of Kitchenaid last night and I was channel checking and saw it. Wheehaw, they had it on sale and on easy pay!!!! I saved even with shipping around $150. I also got one in color to match the kitchen. Jack wanted to know why I hadn't ordered red as it was "sexy." Leave it to a man to think food preparation products can be sexy! :lol:

Carri: Here is is 4 in the morning and it is 70 degrees out! It is supposed to be in the 80's again today then dip down to the 60's. I have been keeping an eye out for South Bend to see what kind of weather we are going to get for Thanksgiving and gas prices. No kidding, last year at Thanksgiving as we hit the Indiana border of the toll road from Chicago, it started snowing and snowed for like the first two days we were up there. I don't have winter coats anymore as I really don't need all that stuff down here except on occasion so here I am in flimsy shoes and a wind breaker kind of deal! :lol: Gas seems to be coming down up there too. We are almost back to $2 a gallon. I think Jack said last night it was like $2.12 so I hope they don't skyrocket the price in a couple weeks for the holiday. I am sure they will.

Guess I will sack out on the recliner until Jack gets up at 5 then fix him some breakfast.

Faye :carrot:

SuGyong
11-09-2005, 07:32 AM
Ha ha! My husband is taking notes... when thy hit about 13 or so he's going to start reading through them again...

"Wake up!!"
"Wha? Dad? What time is it?"
"2:30. I'll be back again in a half hour."
"What? WHY?"
"October 29th, 2005. That's why. See you in a half hour."

Heh. heh.

2 points for yesterday. Unless folding laundry counts as cardio?
-Lee Ann

QuilterInVA
11-09-2005, 09:38 AM
Hello, everyone. Hope you are all hanging in there.

Faye, The 100-calorie packs that many snacks are coming in now are good. I only buy the South Beach Whole Wheat Cracker one since I don't want cookies and stuff like that. (Have to have a glucose tolerance 5-hour fasting next week).

Need to get to work ---more later!

Amanda Panda
11-09-2005, 03:17 PM
hello folks,

I got 4 points yesterday. Nothing much going on here - my friend had to cancel our girlie sleepover as the baby had kept her up all night and she was too tired - what a shame, I was looking forward to it. Tomorrow, I am going out to buy myself some new clothes. I was going to wait until Christmas, but my trousers are falling apart and I am getting ashamed of them! Luckily we have been given a bit of extra money this month (thank you God!), so it means we are able to sort out the computer and get myself a new outfit.

FAYE - My mum and dad are very anal about cleaning - obsessively so. You can't put anything down in their house without it being immediately picked up and washed, dried and out away. I think me and my sister have completely rebelled against it!

CARRI - I have no idea what pizza rolls are, but I am sure I would :love: them! :lol: Sorry you are back over 200 - what a bummer! I'm sure you'll be back under and continue down soon. How is your dad? My dad got made redundant at the age of 50, it was tough for a year, but then he took a free IT course and found another job and worked there till he retired at 64. It's not easy finding work as an older person, but the company he worked for really valued his track record and experience.

SUSAN, LEE-ANN, JULIE - :wave:

Love Amanda x

gma22
11-10-2005, 05:44 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time For Us Thursday so take a little time just for you today!

Good morning everyone! Up again early. Weather changed and it always tells me so in my bones so I am achy this morning. It will work itself out in a couple hours of movement.

Carri: Jack and I are your parents age more than likely, and Jack had the same situation only he hadn't been at the job long. I know it is scary for your family, but hang in there and know we are here for you. I will pray that he can find another job soon if they close the plant. (one of the reasons we moved is because employment in Indiana had become so bad)

Amanda: You get some spanking new clothes. You certainly deserve it. As for the pizza rolls, they look like little pillows of dough with pizza stuff inside them and you can microwave, deep fry or bake them. Tasty but deadly to someone trying to diet as they are addictive. Me, I am more the egg roll equivalent of those pizza rolls and can finish off a box.

Susan: Thanks for the tip on the 100 calorie snacks. I have tried the little chocolate cookie wafers they have but I hadn't checked into anything further.

Everyone have a good day today!

SuGyong
11-10-2005, 07:56 AM
3 points for me yesterday. But I only barely stayed on program.

Lee Ann

Amanda Panda
11-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Hi ladies,

I got 2 points yesterday - went slightly over my calories, but not too badly!

Well I went shopping and it wasn't easy, but I did manage to buy myself a really nice outfit. Why is it so hard to buy clothes when you are big? Why do they cost twice as much as skinny clothes? Even though I've lost 50lb it was still difficult - I am not quite up to fitting into regular shop clothes - although it won't be long! I didn't have much money to begin with, and when I saw how over priced everything is, I realised that I was only going to be able to afford 2 items. I bought a fairly decent pair of jeans and a very lovely fancy 'going out' top. I am going out on the town at the end of the month with a friend who always dresses really glam, so I am happy that I have a nice outfit to wear then! The trouble is I want to save those jeans for going out in, and the top is far too fancy for day wear, so I'm still stuck in my too baggy combats and hoodie for day to day! Hopefully we'll have some more money by the end of the month, if not then certainly by Christmas, so I'll be able to buy some casual wear then. Honestly 50 ($87) does not go very far at all when you are a big girl! (in the UK anyway!) Yet another reason to lose weight!

Anyway, I am actually really pleased with the outfit I've chosen - when I get ready to go out I'll get Nigel to take a photo and I'll post it here.

Have a lovely evening

Love Amanda x

SuGyong
11-11-2005, 07:43 AM
It must be so cool to live in Europe! Julie and her husband went to the UK for a week and they came back with the best stories! I was so jealous! We're going to have to plan a trip of our own sometime after the kids are both potty trained.

2 points for yesterday, but I'm excited because I'm starting jogging fir the first time tomorrow. I'm sure it'll turn into walking fairly quickly, but I think I can turn it into actual running at some point. :)

Lee Ann

gma22
11-11-2005, 09:12 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friday Follies. This week, what is the funniest thing ever to happen to you when you try on clothes?

LeeAnn :dancer:
Amanda :dancer:

Amanda: I can't wait to see you in your new clothes. Our Walmart stores here carry large size clothing and the stuff is CHEAP and a lot of it is cute. For example, you can get a nice pair of slacks for like 20 quid (my computer doesn't have a pound sign :lol: ) I buy tops and sweaters all the time in MY size for about the same amount. You are better off getting a few things of nice quality that you can mix and match with what you have. Some nice basic trouser colors like khaki, black, white, jeans etc, then match tops to them that will go with all the pant colors. Gives you more to chose from that way. Also, losing weight, you hate to buy a bunch of clothing when you hope to "shrink" out of it.

LeeAnn: Good luck with the jogging. Start slow and just work up the stamina. You will be doing the whole way in nothing flat!!! How are the little ones? I am so anxious to be a Nonny again. I adore my grandson, but I would sure like some more and this time be there when my dil has a baby as I wasn't here for my dd's.

Jack just set off for the lab to have his blood drawn and then he is going to come back and get some breakfast as he is starved! (he has to fast for 12 hours before so his cholesterol level comes out right) It is nice to have him home during the day. It will be fun for us when he can retire in 9 years and then we can do whatever we want day to day. Only thing is he goofs up my routine. I get up with him and when he leaves for work, I set up posts, clean cat litter etc, feed animals, start load of laundry, put away dishes in dishwasher from night before, make bed then have breakfast and goof off for a bit and then I do whatever cleaning I have for the day. Yesterday was clean the upstairs bathrooms and they would usually be done by 10 at the very latest and it was 2 PM before I did them and that was when he fell asleep in the recliner. Truth be told about yesterday though was I went to the store to get stuff to make a couple pies to try. I am assigned pies and rolls for Thanksgiving and I usually buy the pies but they are like $12 apiece and so I decided to make them. I found a recipe on allrecipes.com for coconut pie and it had 5 stars and 131 reviews, most of which were great. So, I went and bought stuff to make a coconut and a chocolate and came home and made them. He got to test them and give me critique. I love to cook and I feel I am very good, but I really drilled him about taste, crust, creaminess and on and on. He LOVES coconut pie and this was what he told me about mine..."Ok, this is what I think. The best coconut pie I have ever had is either Bob Evans or Das Essenhaus (an Amish restaurant in Indiana) and your pie if not exceeds it is equal to theirs! WOOHOO! High praise! :lol: The day before we leave, I have 2 chocolate, a coconut, pecan, pumpkin cheesecake and a pretzel salad, which is my favorite. I bet those of you with kids would love this and you can make it low fat with ff cream cheese, sugar free jello etc. It is called pretzel salad because the "crust" is made of crushed pretzels. It is actually a dessert.

Well, gals, laundry is finished and needs to be thrown in the dryer as today is wash the sheets day!

Have a great day

Faye ;)

gma22
11-12-2005, 07:22 AM
Good morning gals. Just setting up Saturday's post. Hope you all had a good day yesterday and a fine one today. I will check back in later to see if anyone has peeked in

Faye :carrot:

Amanda Panda
11-12-2005, 03:03 PM
hello,

I got 2 points again for yesterday - visited a friend yesterday evening and went over my calories with a couple of glasses of wine and a bit of cake. The scales are FINALLY starting to move in the right direction again - after 7 weeks of staying static, so I'm a very happy bunny. I'll report my losses and change my ticker next Friday. I feel like my metabolism is back up now and I'm entering the weight loss zone again - yay!

I had my cycle class today and boy was it tough! Loads of really long and fast sprints. :ebike: :faint: If I don't lose weight tomorrow after that class, I'll eat my hat!

LEE-ANN - Good luck with the jogging!

FAYE - Hope Jack's test results are good. Coconut pie? That sounds DANGEROUS to me - it sounds absolutely yummy, I'd eat the whole thing! (DO NOT GIVE ME THE RECIPE!! :lol: )

Have a great weekend

Love Amanda x

gma22
11-12-2005, 05:22 PM
Amanda: Actually, I have substitutions for this same recipe using Fat Free Half and Half and Splenda instead of sugar. It cuts the calories drastically. Jack is happy to be my guinea pig! :lol: I actually made another chocolate pie using German Chocolate instead and he has to eat it! Poor man, I put him through so much..... :D Hope you had a good time with your friend. I went out shopping with dd this afternoon and we haven't done that in eons because she works days now. It was nice to go out with her for a little while. Her birthday is Wednesday and we are going to take her to Ryan's Steak house, not because she wants to go there, but because my grandson has been driving her nuts about going somewhere else she hates so she compromised! She is more the Mexican food or Applebee's Chilis type than Ryan's food bar! :lol: Jack's tests were just a bitty blood test but he is a weiny about needles so always dreads it. When I was pregnant with my son, I had to have blood drawn ONCE A WEEK because of the RH factor which we had and he thinks blood tests once a year are awful! Men are such wimps!!! :lol:

Amanda :dancer:

I have started on my last scarf and hat because I got part of my yarn through the mail last night and then was able to find the stuff they didn't have in stock at a store here in town today. This will give me something to do in the car as we go to Indiana. It is about a 10 hour drive and we will probably get on the road around 9:30 AM after Jack's cardiologist appt that day.

Well, my hubby is hungry so better get him something to eat for dinner. Have a good weekend everyone!

SuGyong
11-12-2005, 07:32 PM
Yay! I went jogging today. Deb (a co-fighter's wife) nearly killed me. BUT I ran for a total of one mile out of the 4 (I know, I know) but I felt so good about myself that I took my family to the zoo and we walked around all day and had a great time.

So I actually celebrated exercising with more exercise! (instead of a big fat banana split sundae) Ha ha! I can't wait for next time. I told Deb I'd practice every day so I could run more next time than I did today.

Wow endorphins! I really love that stuff ha ha.

-Lee
(4 points today- YES!)

gma22
11-13-2005, 08:17 AM
Lee Ann :bravo:

LeeAnn: Good for you! You are going to be super fit in no time! I am proud of you!

Not much going on here this morning. We got a bit of rain, but not much. We sure could use it though.

Jack is still snoozing as he tends to stay up late on Fri and Sat nights. Me, I am usually knocked out around 9-10. But boy can I get up early! :lol:

Everyone have a good weekend and I will talk to you tomorrow

Faye ;)

SuGyong
11-14-2005, 06:06 AM
Morning!

So yesterday I decided that I had better not be full of hot air and I went running again. This time I made it a bit more than a mile before I pooped out, but only a tiny bit more.

Being a Nonny must be better than being the mommy... you can give them back when they start to throw tantrums. Ha ha!

I actually have a recipe book for desserts for diabetics. Very very low cal recipes. I'm so lazy, though, that I don't actually cook too many of them. I like to be the one experimented on, too. *wink!*

-Lee Ann
(3 points.. water- ick!)

gma22
11-14-2005, 08:04 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is water! Most people don't care to drink water, but we know it is important to feed our cells. If you are a water hater, start out slow by increasing one glass a week. Pretty soon you will be getting in all you need.

Lee Ann :dancer:

LeeAnn: Being a Nonny is definitely better. I was not a great mother, but I am a great grandmother and not because I spoil him. I can deal with tantrums or whatever better than when I was young and always stressed. Didn't help having a husband who would be gone for 6 months to a year at a time either and that lasted 20 years. The kids never got to know their father properly and he didn't know how to interact with his kids. He is trying hard to repair their relationship and is so much better. I see kids today being spoiled beyond belief with their parents not only giving them everything they want, but being afraid to discipline them in almost any way. I find so many households where the kids run it instead of the parents. You don't have to be Hitler to have a well adjusted household, but you can't just let them do whatever they please either. They end up such brats that the teen years are a nightmare. I didn't have children close in age, they were 4 years apart so I didn't have diapers and bottles at the same time AND I had a very compliant little boy that helped a lot. The kid never told a fib until he started school. If he broke something, he told you. He made up for it in his teen years! :lol:

My husband stunk up the house with cooked sausage this morning. I was still in bed and the smell came up the stairs. I wanted to gag. I got out of bed and lit candles upstairs and when he left just went ahead and got up and opened the back door for some fresh air and lit candles all downstairs. He never uses the vent hood, leaves his dirty dishes sit on the counters, sink and stove and on top of that, he shampooed his office yesterday, didn't bring the shampooer down until this morning, then just left it sit in the dining room for me to put away. MEN!!!

Our 33rd wedding :hug: anniversary is Friday and I can't believe it. Hard to believe it when you have been married that long. I remember the day (actually night) we got hitched. It was a nightmare as all weddings are in some way or another. My grandfather (who I lived with) didn't like Jack so refused to come to the wedding so only my grandmother is in my pictures, my father came and my step father (who I despised but made goody goody to for the sake of my mom) so I felt none of the three of them could walk me down the aisle so my brother did it, they screwed up the flowers then screwed up who they put them on, my headpiece is cockeyed in all my pictures, and on and on. We never got a honeymoon and had to leave Sunday morning to drive 18 hours back to Va Beach so that my husband was back on duty by Monday afternoon. We did have a 25th anniversary party and renewal of vows and that was nice. If I had a choice between having money etc or doing it all over again tough times for all those years, kid problems and whatnot, I would do it the same. He has his faults as do I, but no one loves his wife as much as he does and he treats me wonderfully and you can't ask more than that.

Better get to my Monday cleaning. TTFN

gma22
11-15-2005, 07:59 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is eating at places other than the table. This is probably the worst dieting sabotage there is and we all do it. Start cutting back eating in front of the tv, while reading, in the car and whatever.

Talk to you later girls, I am really busy this morning

Mirabelly
11-15-2005, 11:02 AM
Faye, LOL--I'm eating lunch at the computer right now!

I'm still here, just can't seem to get my sh*t together...I'm either eating well and not exercising or exercising and eating crap. Trying to fix all that today...going to the rink to skate right now.

Everyone have a great day!
Julie

Satine
11-15-2005, 12:39 PM
I hear ya, Julie... I can't seem to get my sh*t together for any longer than like three days at a time ... and I am thinking that with the holidays coming it is only going to get worse... I am going to try and stay OP most of the time but who knows ... I have been OP for the last two and am going to work out tonight ...

Supposed to be getting pretty nasty here weather wise starting tonight, it is pretty gloomy and rainy, going to be a high tomorrow of 39 degrees, brrrrrr...

Hope you all are doing well .... I will check back in later when I have more time to write ...

QuilterInVA
11-15-2005, 03:55 PM
Faye, that's a good idea. I only allow myself to eat at the table with a proper place setting, even for a cracker I use a plate. It makes me aware of what I am doing. I no longer allow myself to read or watch tv while I eat - then I never feel full because I wasn't aware how much I had ate.

gma22
11-16-2005, 06:10 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes a day to gripe about anything. Our topic woe this week is, allowing ourselves to be fooled by weight loss pills, shakes and the like.

Morning gals. It is BRRRRRRR here this morning too, Carri. We were at almost 80 yesterday and dropped 30 degrees in about half an hour. I know my son's area is supposed to be getting snow today. Just as long as it is gone by the time we get up there next week! :D

Everyone try and hang in there for the holidays and make the best choices available to you. Don't try and deny yourself, just try and be frugal with your high fat choices.

Faye ;)

Mirabelly
11-16-2005, 07:45 AM
Hey! I actually got a 4 pointer yesterday :carrot:

I'm slowly getting back off the bread, which I know I can't handle. And I've had 2 different doctors say that Splenda is nothing to be worried about if it helps you keep away from real sugar. I'm still skeptical, I mean, that's what they said about Nutrasweet. But it really does help, so I'm going to just use it and try not to go overboard.

Tomorrow I have my first session with a skating coach. I'm so excited! I really want to learn how to do all those fancy spins and jumps and stuff. It's so nice to have an exercise form that I can't wait to go do the next day. What's really nice is this rink is open year round!

No wed woes today--yet! It's wet and drizzly here today. I always start yearning for snow this time of year...

Hope everyone has a great day!

Julie

Amanda Panda
11-16-2005, 02:49 PM
Hello folks,

Well I've been MIA for a couple of days - I am just really busy at the moment as I have started doing my voluntary work that I do every November. The charity is called Samaritan's Purse and I work in the warehouse processing hundreds of shoeboxes of gifts that people donate to send to disadvantaged children abroad. It's hard work but really good fun. The trouble is that the warehouse this year is 10 miles away from my home and it is a nightmare to travel to on the bus - it's basically taking me an hour and a half to get there - plus the bus doesn't stop near the warehouse so I have to walk for 15 minutes to get to it! I enjoy working there, but the travelling is awful - I just can't face that journey every day, so I'm only doing every other day. So far, I've managed to get a lift home from other volunteers - it only took half an hour in the car! I'm trying to go to the gym in the morning, and then the warehouse in the afternoon - so I am pretty pooped!

PMS has hit hard this month - I am constantly hungry but am managing to not lose the plot completely! My weight is not really shifting, but I think I should have a loss when TOM is out the way :crossed: I am feeling so fit and muscular at the moment - my core strength is really coming on and my stomach is getting flatter all the time! My trouble areas seem to be my bum and thighs, which is annoying as I always wear trousers and find it hard to find a pair that fit right.

Oh well I'm keeping it together.....just about!

P.S - FAYE - I can't believe Jack, a big strong ex army man can be such a baby about a blood test. I had to have a cervical smear the other day, now that really did bring tears to my eyes!! :stress: :fr: :eek: :sp:

Love Amanda x

gma22
11-17-2005, 04:23 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so be sure and give yourself a little pampering today!

Julie :bravo:

Julie: Brave girl, skating lessons. I can just see it now, "famous writer and the next Sonja Hennie....JULIE" {{{{YEAH :cp: :cp: :cp: }}}} "The crowd has gone wild with their applause...."

Amanda: You know what they say about men, if they had to have babies the population of the world would be ZERO! :lol: I sure am sorry something you enjoy so much seems to be such trouble to get to. You don't worry about us, you just check in when you have the time.

Our birthday dinner with dd went well. Thomas was tired and had a bit of a breakdown and said he didn't want to see us, which is really unusual but he got over it and finally came into the restaurant and I told Jack not to talk to him until he wanted to talk and he would be ok. His mom got him to tell us about a new video game he got and then he loosened up and was fine. He and I played coin flip while his mom and granddad talked. He started making the rules harder and harder to follow and it got to be pretty funny.

I woke up from a nightmare and decided just to come downstairs. I have this huge rodent phobia and had this dream Jack found a rat the size of a cat in our bathroom. We were scrambling around trying to get out pets locked up to keep them away etc etc. I think this came from not getting enough sleep for the last couple days AND the electric company was over next door yesterday and turned off the electricity to the condo (when they left, I went next door and looked at the door tag) and they still haven't cleaned it all out so I think my subconscious was dwelling on possible food etc in the house giving the rats a feast over there. I don't know what is going on and why they haven't moved out completely, but it is a total mess over there. You can see soft drink cups from fast food places in the windows so I am sure there is leftover food in there and it creeps me out!

Oooh, I got my Christmas present early, a Kitchenaid stand mixer in a beautiful blue color. Jack let me buy it when it was on sale 2 weeks ago on QVC and it just got here yesterday. Can't wait to play with it and Jack is even excited about wanting to use it.

Have a great day girls!

Carri: Any snow your way? I know SB is supposed to get snow today.

Mirabelly
11-17-2005, 09:48 AM
Hey! 4 points again for yesterday :carrot:

My body is seriously feeling all this extra exercise, but that's why God invented Tylenol! :lol:

Skating today, then maybe I'll take a break tomorrow. Maybe :wink:

It's absolutely amazing to me how just not eating bread decreases my appetite so much! I'm losing most of my cravings, still want to eat at night though. My sewing room is over the garage, far away from the kitchen. So, I'm trying to just go out there and sew after dinner. If I start working on a project, I'm fine. If I sit down to watch TV--I'm scr*wed!

Well, everyone have a super day!
Julie

QuilterInVA
11-17-2005, 10:43 AM
Julie, I'm the same - after dinner I could pick at more food if I sat in front of the tv but I don't let myself eat there. I go upstairs and quilt or quilt at the frame in the family room and it takes my mind off food. Yesterday was really hectic at work and when I was driving home I suddenly remembered I had no lunch or afternoon snack - just didn't miss them because I was so busy.

I'll be off tomorrow to take dh to doctor and I have my annual physical in the afternoon.

SuGyong
11-18-2005, 05:36 AM
Hey girls. Sorry I've been gone a few days. Both the kids got sick and gave it to me.. yuck!

I haven't been doing too well. My friends' apple tree gave out about 2 20 gallon tubs of apples, so they're getting rd of all of them by making pies and delivering them to our door!! AND THEY"RE SO YUMMY!

I did manage to run, though, but my heart wasn't in it. I was pretty miserable with the headache and stuffy nose. So I did only maybe .25 to .5 of my mile before I quit. I'm hoping today will be better, though.

So for yesterday I count 0.. :( Gotta get better!

Lee Ann

gma22
11-18-2005, 05:56 AM
FRIDAY: today is Fabulous Lbs down Friday. Do we have any losses this week?

LeeAnn: hope you are feeling up and at em now. It is tough to have little kids and get sick yourself. You are doing great with your running.

Susan: Hope all goes well with both doctor appts!

I am out and about running some errands today. Today is our 33rd wedding anniversary and we are going out to a pub for dinner then to the Harry Potter movie. We are looking forward to it. I am finally getting my hair cut and my nails done today. It is like beauty and the beast in reverse at this house at the moment! :lol: I am deciding whether or not to grow my hair out natural and see what color I end up with. I will keep you posted.

Everyone have a great day and a great weekend!

Mirabelly
11-18-2005, 08:34 AM
Happy Anniversary Faye & Jack!!! :hug: Hope you have a great day to celebrate such an accomplishment.

I weighed myself this morning and I'm down to 209...Last week my worst weight was 215...so I'm down around 6 pounds!! WOOOO HOOOOOO :carrot: :carrot:

I have to say, last week I felt like just giving up until after the holidays. I had already started baking the odd batch of cookies "for the kids"...but now, I feel like that 199 can really be mine this year. Especially if I don't overdo it on Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm already trying to find breadless/starchless recipes to substitute for the stuffing...I found an intriguing one for walnut stuffed mushrooms that looks really yummy. If I have enough good choices to feast on, I think that will make it easier to say no to the crescent rolls and stuffing.

Anyway, I'm off to skate again today. I had an awesome lesson yesterday, learned some basics that I kind of skipped over when I was teaching myself to do stuff from tv. So, eventually when I master these things, everything else should be much easier. I totally blew out my $10 skates,though. I pulled out 4 grommets and fell once and sliced the leather open with my blade. They weren't really appropriate for the type of skating I'm doing anyway, so I'm getting my feet measured today for some custom fit "real" figure skates...my Christmas present from James :D

Lee, I hope you feel better....Umm, I mean Su.

Well, gotta get to the rink....every one have a great day!

Julie

Mirabelly
11-18-2005, 12:32 PM
Oh yeah, and I got 4 points yesterday.
Julie

Amanda Panda
11-18-2005, 02:19 PM
Hello all,

I got 3 points yesterday - have felt really physically and mentally tired this week, mainly due to PMS, so have had a couple of days off from the gym. I went back today and felt alot better for having a rest.

I went shopping again yesterday and came back with 2 new sweaters and a gorgeous winter jacket. I am now in a UK size 18 on top (US 14), that is 3 sizes down from the start of the year! I LOVE my new jacket - it is a really trendy 'bomber' style parker jacket with a big fluffy hood. It is quite short which I thought would not suit me, but in fact it really flatters my new shape and makes me look a lot slimmer!

LB's DOWN - Well I had lost last week, but PMS bloat is here and playing with the scales so I am going to wait till TOM is over before I have an officical weigh in.

FAYE - Happy wedding Anniversary :hug: Here's to many more!

JULIE - You are on fire girlie! Looks like you could well meet our Christmas target - well that will make one of us! I have been trying but am at plateau central! Congrats on the 6lb lost - that's such a boost!

LEE - Sorry you've all been ill - hope the apple pies made you all feel a little better!

CARRI - Hello!

Love Amanda x

SUSAN - Hope all goes well at the docs.

gma22
11-19-2005, 08:10 AM
Good morning gals! Hope it is wonderful in your neck of the woods!

Julie :bravo:
Amanda :cp:

LBS DOWN:

Julie :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale

We had a great time last night. Went to this Irish pub for dinner then were first in line to go into the Harry Potter movie (we stood in line 90 minutes and we had even bought our tickets two weeks ago) Major good film. Our showing was on the big screen so we sat clear in the back and the back row has 2 seats big space, 3 seats, big space, full row, space, 2 seats, big space, then 3 seats. We sat in one of the 3 seats as that way no one would be crawling back and forth over us. I got some guy who had been boozing it up and not had a bath sitting next to me though so I kept leaning towards Jack and the armrest in the up position kept grinding into my behind! :lol: It really is a very good movie though it is almost 3 hours long.

Lord, lord, I am starting another of those baby blankets from ****. My dh came home Thursday night and told me he wanted me to make a hat and blanket for someone. I groaned as the blanket turned out gorgeous for my niece, but once it started filling out, it got really heavy to knit with. Seems the friend he works with had an OOPS pregnancy that his wife, who is early 40's, thought was early menopause and ignored until the vomiting started. She is a pediatric nurse practioner and self diagnosed a cyst with regards to her period then decided she better be safe and take a pregnancy test. They only wanted one child because of their ages (their son is 7) and her hubby was supposed to get a vasectomy he kept putting off. Bet it gets done now! They have nothing and are starting from scratch so I agreed to make another blanket and a little knit cap for the baby. I reminded Jack that the blanket for my niece cost me nearly $70 and he said, "That's ok, we can afford it." DARN! :lol: I just bought 4 skeins to get started while we are on our trip as I am working a hat and a scarf besides. I like to have more than one project going at a time so that if I get bored with one, I can just go to the next one! I didn't even think about the fact I have started a throw for MY living room that is going to have to be put aside for awhile to get this other stuff done. She is due in April so I don't have tons of time to get it done.

Everyone have a super weekend!

Amanda: a size 14 how marvelous! I see a 10 looming real soon! Isn't it great not to be in the fat ladies sizes anymore?

Amanda Panda
11-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Hello,

I am happy to report 4 points for yesterday.

I am loving my new clothes - I look so much slimmer! I am going out on the town on Saturday night so will definately get a photo!The size 18's I am wearing are still from a 'big girls shop', but it won't be long before I can fit in regular shops 18. Different shops always cut clothes differently don't they?

Glad you enjoyed Harry Potter, Faye - I saw the first one when it was on the TV and it was very good. I've not read the books, but I'll certainly watch the next film when it comes out on TV.

Plenty of women are having children in their early 40's now - look at Madonna, and Holly Hunter is expecting twins at 47! There was this woman at the gym the other day who said that her midwife said she was one of her 'older mother's' - she's only 29!!

Have a lovely weekend!

Love Amanda x

gma22
11-20-2005, 04:41 AM
DO NOT POST HER BUT JOIN US AT #118