South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 07:03 PM   #1  

Default Move over Aileen, I need some room !!

Hello,

I,like Aileen ,have been away for awhile, trying this diet and that diet. Several times I have stopped by and "lurked". I just didn't have it in me to post. But when I read Aileen's post, everything she said was so true, I can't
stick with points, I don't spend them wisely. I get hungry, grouchy and then look out. Anyway I learned a lot on SBD also, no sugar does help me feel more balanced and in control, I really like all the food on SBD, What holds me back is Phase I, I love to exercise, the one thing I do right, and I get just plain old tired during Phase I.

That said, the holidays are fast approaching and I still have last years pounds on, so if Aileen didn't take the last spot on beach I sure would like to squeeze my towel in for life. (You all are so much skinnier now I think there should be room for me)

Here's a quick intro about myself.
I live in sunny South Carolina, about 40 miles above Columbia. I am married to my high school sweetheart. I turned 51 this past April and that is NO EXCUSE for this middle age pot I have!!

We have 3 wonderful biological children, Maggie, 21 Senior at USC(Go Cocks!! and May is soon to be here!!) Andrew 20, Junior at Presbyterian College, and
Mollie 13,(hubby's mid life crisis child)

We have 2 adopted children, that are 32 and 30, they are sometimes still floundering in this world. But then I guess we all are.

I teach high school students at a Career and Technical School about 15 miles from where I live. I actually love them!!

Thanks for being the greatest place on the WEB!! It feels so good to be back!!
Old 11-06-2005, 07:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome back, active! I've just come back myself, after just "playing" on the Beach for several months. This time I'm staying!
Old 11-06-2005, 10:57 PM   #3  

Welcome back.. if phase 1 is really tough maybe just move into a phase 1 1/2... see how you go.. lovely to see you again
Old 11-07-2005, 06:25 AM   #4  
Just getting started...

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back! I have plenty of room next to me, if you wanna spread out your towel.

Today is officially day 1 back on phase 1 and i'm raring to go!
Old 11-07-2005, 08:32 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Welcome back, Active!

Okay, here's the deal...if P1 is the only thing holding you back from getting going on SBD, try doing just enough P1 to get rid of cravings. For most people, that's just 3 to 5 days. Once your cravings are gone, jump into P2 and go from there, okay? That should get you on your way!

Like you, I can't do WW...I don't use my points wisely and the sugar turns me into a raving lunatic.

We're glad to have you back, active!
Old 11-07-2005, 12:43 PM   #6  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

back
Old 11-07-2005, 10:54 PM   #7  

Thank you guys for the warm welcome back!!! I made it through Day 1 just fine!!!

Great suggestions, I'm just taking it one day at a time!!!

HUGS!!
Active(Wanda)
Closed Thread