UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-05-2005, 03:55 AM   #1  

Default A bit more info on Lighterlife please

Is anyone on lighterlife? After two years on ww and failng I am running short of ideas. I need something structured and serious. My biggest question is "how much is it a week including food?" and "what are the group meetings like?"
squishybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 06:13 AM   #2  

I am not on LL but on Cambridge which is basically the same program without the weekly meetings...I do know alot of people on LL, and the cost is £46 per week, but apparently its going up to £63 after the new year...The meetings are like a group therapy type thing where you look at the reasons why you are overweight/issues, etc...On the Discovery Health forum, womens health section there are tons of people doing LL and CD...So, that may be a good place for you to look through for more info...As far as the diets themselves, I can honestly say it has been the best thing I have ever done!!! I have lost 3 stone and 1 pound since the 1st of September and have never felt so good...I don't cheat or feel hungry even though I am only on liquids...Its been totally amazing!!
MelissaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 10:38 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaA
I am not on LL but on Cambridge which is basically the same program without the weekly meetings...I do know alot of people on LL, and the cost is £46 per week, but apparently its going up to £63 after the new year...The meetings are like a group therapy type thing where you look at the reasons why you are overweight/issues, etc...On the Discovery Health forum, womens health section there are tons of people doing LL and CD...So, that may be a good place for you to look through for more info...As far as the diets themselves, I can honestly say it has been the best thing I have ever done!!! I have lost 3 stone and 1 pound since the 1st of September and have never felt so good...I don't cheat or feel hungry even though I am only on liquids...Its been totally amazing!!
The price hike is a bit for concern, can you tell me a bit about the Cambridge diet and its costs aswell. I am going to try and search out the line to the Discovery Health forums, you know it?
squishybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 12:46 PM   #4  

Just put Discovery Health forums in google SB. But I think you'll find it is rubbish next to this one.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 06:31 AM   #5  

Cambridge is a very low calorie diet like lighter life...you get three shakes per day, 4 if you are over 5ft 8in...There are a variety of shakes, soups and bars you can choose from...You must have 2 litres of water per day and your shakes for 2-4 weeks (the exact time is worked out by you and your counsellor). The first few days of no food are tough, but once over the initial hump it gets much easier...I love the result!!! The average weight loss is a stone a month...The cost is £31.50 per week...

I agree veggie this is a better forum, but there really is only me and handful of others doing very low calorie diets on here...Discovery health's forum although inferior has mostly liquid dieters posting...Her question posted there would have had a ton of replys by now...
MelissaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 02:31 PM   #6  

discovery health is definalty the place to talk about LL and CD. theyre all at it over there.and some amazing weight losses and photos as inspiration
devonbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 02:36 PM   #7  

Welcome to 3fc Devonbabe.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 02:40 PM   #8  

ohhhh

ello veggie

sorry, just butted in here. but if someone wants to know about LL. thats the place to visit.

whats this guy all about?
dancing carrots indeed

x
db
devonbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 04:50 PM   #9  
PixieBullet

Cool

Hi,
I did start LighterLife for 2weeks just over 2 years ago. I lost 11lbs in the first week, but in the second week I passed out. Poor hubby was in quite a state worrying what would have happened if I'd been on my own with our little girl (who was only a year). Apparently the high lactose content of the food packs had caused a build up which then caused an allergic reaction, I hadn't had a reation to lactose since I was a very small child, but there you go. You are also not supposed to do the diet if you are pregnant or planning to be so, and I wasn't. But, as a bit of a shock to us we found out we were expecting a little boy into the bargin as well! I didn't go back on LL.
My mum and two of my aunts however accumatively lost 32stone on LL that year!
They are all having trouble keeping it off which is a shame. My mum is now doing Low GI with me, I personally think that buying the most basic, organicfoods possible and not buying processed foods should be enough of a lifestyle change that in the long run it'll all come off.... please god! let it come off! all of it! ok,... I don't mind keeping a pound or two over if I must...
but PLEASE let me get into those size 12s eventually.....

Last edited by PixieBullet; 11-23-2005 at 04:52 PM.
PixieBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:59 PM   #10  
past doesn't = the future

Hi

Do you have a link for the discovery message boards cant seem to locate it?

Many thanks
Carolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 10:23 AM   #11  

this is my day 2 on lighter life i started at 11.7.4 and this morning i was 11.5.2 but a lot of this will be water weight as i drank nearly 10pint lol no more is advisable at all. the vanilla is nice and the choc and the bannana mnnnnn but omg dont get any mushroom soups they are the vilest things ever invented i litrally nearly threw up every gulp lucky i only got 2 i need some advice too today instead of 3shakes i had 3 shakes and one of there bars how much damage will i have done can i have just 2 tomorrow then will it be ok????? i really really hope so

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Last edited by trysohard; 11-24-2005 at 10:47 AM.
trysohard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 01:02 PM   #12  
past doesn't = the future

Default Enquiry puzzled?

Hi

What is the difference between this and slimfast - it sounds awfully expensive for something which seems the same?

Thanks
Carolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 01:12 PM   #13  

Lighterlife is a more integrated program than just buying shakes etc from Boots. You can go to classes and weigh ins and get support. They aim to teach you the reasons you are overweight and to re educate your attitudes to food.

I don't know anyone for whom its worked in the long term, I had a friend who was doing well, but had a reaction to the shakes etc so she had to give it up.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 02:52 AM   #14  

my first morning i weighed 11.7.4 this is my third morning and i weigh 11.3.4 my aim/goal for the end of week 1 is to be just under 11 wish me luck and im actually only slightly slightly hungry hmm

sat weight

Last edited by trysohard; 11-26-2005 at 02:01 AM.
trysohard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:39 PM   #15  
Queen of Chaos!

Just bumping this back up to the top as I'm just curious to find out how our friends are doing on Lighter Life and the Cambridge Diet?
mysticvix is offline   Reply With Quote