Alternachicks - True confessions - warning food talk!

mauvaisroux
11-03-2005, 12:58 PM
Okay, here is our confession box thread as requested :lol:

This girl I know had a chili dog and fries for dinner last night :o

squeaker
11-03-2005, 02:48 PM
This girl I know has been eating whatever she wants because she is sick, and just doesn't care this week. It has included popsicles for breakfast. And other assorted comfort food.

FishWoman
11-03-2005, 04:27 PM
This girl I know didn't eat all day yesterday until almost 9 p.m., and then ate 2 1/2 BLTs with Mayo and Swiss.

She has done much better today, eating both breakfast and lunch :)

lizziness
11-03-2005, 09:25 PM
some girl i know got up and made herself some fried potatoes and toast for breakfast instead of oatmeal or cereal. tsk tsk.
that same girl ate two sugary granola bars. (but she did have her oatmeal for lunch instead!)

ajandpj99
11-04-2005, 06:35 PM
I know this girl that has been living on halloween candy and pringles for a week and just ate a small dish of choc ice cream. This girl craves comfort food when the days get short and there is no moon - too much darkness.

But this girl didnt gain a single lb so that is good. And usually keeps total calories down and gets fiber and vitamins and protien.

Pringles are almost all gone.

There is that ice cream though...

squeaker
11-04-2005, 06:58 PM
But this girl didnt gain a single lb so that is good.

:p no fair!

:lol:

hannah_phi
11-04-2005, 09:44 PM
This girl I know was really sucked in by the Wendy's Bacon Cheeseburger commercials, so she ate one for lunch today. She said it wasn't very good, so there's no chance she'll do that again.

lizziness
11-04-2005, 09:51 PM
hehe. a girl i know dies every time that commercial is on. The one with the cheese and mushrooms. sigh. it isn't that great - all salty and all around meh. and yet - the stupid girl is dying to have another one.

i think i'd better have a little talk with her. tsk tsk tsk. :)

hannah_phi
11-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Hee hee! We should tell our friends to make their own that way they can control the nutrition and they'll be muuuuch better.

ajandpj99
11-05-2005, 11:48 AM
My friend is still trying to ween herself off the sugar binge this week - she had icecream for dessert and mac & cheese for dinner - ugh. :p

She is supposed to WI today and see if there is damage but she is chicken. That as she wants pancakes for brkfst like the ones IHOP has been pushing - with the fruit and caramel sauce and whip cream. :D

But she has a plan - the treats are for having been pretty damn good for 6 months now. And once I have my hearts desire I can go another 6 months - the last thing she wants to do is greet Turkey Day with a sugar jones - all that pie just sitting out there waiting... :devil:

She realizes she may have to run laps for a week to make up for it - but it will be worth it. :devil:

ajandpj99
11-05-2005, 12:10 PM
Well good news! I convinced my friend that since she WI and the scale is the same (PHEW!) that she shouldnt push her luck with caramel fruity pancakes - so instead she is having a nutrition shake.

:carrot:

mauvaisroux
11-07-2005, 11:04 AM
:rofl:

Well this girl I know hosted a baby shower / pyjama party where the girls all wore their pj's ordered in pizza, drank wine (non-alcoholic cider for the mum to be) ate candy necklaces, sausage rolls, veggies and dip, popcorn and tootsie pops :eek: gossiped, talked about men, marriage, babies, family, opened baby gifts and then watched a chick flick! .....I needed Tums the next morning :lol: but a good time was had by all!

Tani
11-07-2005, 12:16 PM
This girl I know... she's switching over to maintenance mode so she's eating more calories these days. The only trouble is, she's still eating the same amount of *real food* she was when she was losing two pounds a week, and the added calories are mostly coming in the form of double desserts :lol:

ajandpj99
11-07-2005, 12:58 PM
My friend ate really ucky yesterday - a kit kat a recess peanut butter cups and a bowl of ice cream.

Then it occured to her - a bit of a revalation - that how can someone as controlling as she is (and she is - Aries and born on the 1st) let food control her?

Makes no sense - she should be in control of her food, activities, the house - she is going to take her control back - :cool:

Today wasnt great either - she already ate a mini pringles tub. Who put all this junk food in her house she asks? Why cant she just let it be? Just because she has goodies doesnt mean she has to eat them - it isnt as if they will stop making pringles. (they wont willl they? <panic>)

Anyway - excecise is the key and since my walking buddy gets off too late to walk after work now that it is dark at 530 - I guess I am on my own.

2frustrated
11-11-2005, 07:31 AM
This girl I know, well she weighed in at her lowest weight this morning, then decided to eat chocolate. *sigh*

peacock 2
11-11-2005, 07:56 AM
This girl I know is stuffing her face with plain chocolate digestive biscuits. But, to be fair to her, the sell by date is up tomorrow!!

timmyshawn
11-11-2005, 09:22 AM
This girl I know finally hit the 10 lb mark for her weight loss and then stopped logging her food this week, started eating candy and doughnuts, stopped drinking her water and started drinking soda and now she knows that on weigh day next Tues. she is going to have gained back at least 2 lbs. I think I'm going to have to have a long talk with her and if that doesn't work I'm going to duct tape her mouth shut for a couple of days (except for a small hole big enough for a straw so she can drink her water.)

soozie
11-11-2005, 11:10 AM
this girl I know hasn't been concerned about her food and exercise for almost a year...and she's having a hard time getting started. She ate her kid's peanut butter cereal for breakfast...from trader joe's, supposed to be "healthy" but still...and then to make herself feel better she finished off with a handful of almonds.
but, two days ago she bought two pints of ben and jerry's ice cream...one light one regular and she ate ben and jerry's three times yesterday. she's been picking a piece of halloween candy out of the kid's bag here and there...and she's been having snacks LATE at night. naughty girl

peacock 2
11-11-2005, 01:34 PM
It is amazing all these naughty girls we know!!! Good job we are so good! He he!

phantastica
11-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Then it occured to her - a bit of a revalation - that how can someone as controlling as she is (and she is - Aries and born on the 1st) let food control her?

You know, that is a great question.

Heather, I also have been known to lose 10 pounds and suddenly decide I can stop trying and/or "reward" myself.

I love this thread.

I know this chick who stole somebody else's pumpkin muffin out of the refrigerator at work!

FishWoman
11-11-2005, 04:37 PM
This girl I know drank three glasses of wine last night and then wondered why her head didn't feel so good this morning :headache: At least there is no more booze in her house right now :D

hannah_phi
11-13-2005, 02:39 PM
I was talking to this girl I know this morning and she went to Einstein Bros., fully intending to get a lox bagel, but when she saw the Santa Fe omelet sandwich it called out to her. "Pick me, pick me" it sang sweetly. Resistance was futile, she had to have it.

ajandpj99
11-14-2005, 03:16 PM
This girl I know had a banana split this weekend and another icecream last night. :devil:

She also reminded me of the unhealthiest thing she has ever eaten - without a lab to prove this - the most unhealthy SOUNDING thing was way back in her teen years she was eating Fritos and decided to dip them in mayonaise. As she ate this she thought - ooh deep fried corn chips dipped in oil - what was she thinking?

Can you name some things you have eaten that are in the "Yeah, I like being fat, so I am eating this" category?

Another bad habit was tasting the butter or margerine (basically just eating it straight) she has same weakness for real mayo (best foods baby!) so she doesnt buy that.

Yogini
11-14-2005, 03:34 PM
Another bad habit was tasting the butter or margerine (basically just eating it straight) she has same weakness for real mayo (best foods baby!) so she doesnt buy that.

When I was a little girl, I would BEG my mother for a spoon of butter! :o I also LOVED Best Foods Mayo!!! Wow. We've come a long way, Baby ;)

hannah_phi
11-14-2005, 04:31 PM
Even better than butter by itself was butter whipped with sugar (ie pre-cookie batter). :eek: Yeah, a long way for sure.

ajandpj99
11-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Atkins nightmare = Jiffy PB and Brown Sugar sandwich on franz white bread.

mmmmm

plain pasta swimming in melted butter and salt

my mother got me hooked on soda cracker and margerine - better with butter

I once ate and entire costco size bag of BBQ potato chips in one sitting - nearly barfed.

peacock 2
11-15-2005, 05:39 AM
I used to have a thing about buttercream - you know that you put in a cake sponge? Basically butter and icing sugar and I added powdered coffee. I always felt sick and had a headache afterwards but even know I think about it..... I even used to use granualted sugar when I could not get at the icing sugar.........

Oh and chip butties with salad cream. Good grief!

hathor6
11-18-2005, 10:06 PM
This girl is going to eat the whole pint of Snickers ice cream with Hershey syrup poured on it because this cheap snicker's ice cream doesn't have enough chocolate or caramel swirls.

hathor6
11-18-2005, 10:11 PM
This girl I know is stuffing her face with plain chocolate digestive biscuits. But, to be fair to her, the sell by date is up tomorrow!!

What is a digestive biscuit.

chick_in_the_hat
11-19-2005, 02:35 AM
I know this chick who stole somebody else's pumpkin muffin out of the refrigerator at work!
Hey - that was mine! :lol3:

I know this chick who let DH talk her into buying something called chocolate decadence.....it was a 9 in round yesterday....today? Not so big....shoulda made him buy the stuff with icky coconut all over it....

ajandpj99
11-19-2005, 10:21 AM
Last night this girl had a half of a blueberry turnover (flaky goodness) with a scoop of chocolate bear claw ice cream on top. :eating2:

The best part :yikes: is that today is the WI - so we'll see. Her defense is that AF came this week and we chocolate is the only cure for that. :devil:

LAter

Yogini
11-19-2005, 10:38 AM
Last night this girl had a half of a blueberry turnover (flaky goodness) with a scoop of chocolate bear claw ice cream on top. :eating2:

The best part :yikes: is that today is the WI - so we'll see. Her defense is that AF came this week and we chocolate is the only cure for that. :devil:

LAter

Well, your body wouldn't have had time to create fat from that errant meal by the time you weigh-in, so you should be golden...just watch yourself this week and you'll likely burn it off...I mean the GIRL you know, not you, naturally ;)

ajandpj99
11-19-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Yogini
Well, your body wouldn't have had time to create fat from that errant meal by the time you weigh-in, so you should be golden...just watch yourself this week and you'll likely burn it off...I mean the GIRL you know, not you, naturally

Yogini - "she" certainly hope you are right - too bad this week is Thanksgiving - "she" is going to try very hard to be very careful this weekend staying with family surrounding by tons of food and desserts. "her" plan is to eat a nutrition shake and SB cereal bar just before arrival - then at dinner can have a few bites of everything - followed by a long walk - so if tempted by dessert - wont be an issue - plus Friday "she" is going to costco - always a calorie burner. :D

hannah_phi
11-19-2005, 12:04 PM
This chick I know went out for drinks last night after a colloquium, but didn't have any dinner. Instead she ate a bunch of potato chips and olives. She's so hungry this morning she wants to eat everything in sight!

Yogini
11-19-2005, 12:14 PM
^That girl you know must be dehydrated! :blush:

I know this girl who is afraid to eat anything not on plan and who has PMS so has been thinking of "spending" 1/2 her daily allotment of calories on french fries and cheese with chili (the vegan versions, but still NOT low calorie!)

FL_Chickie
11-21-2005, 07:27 PM
*sigh* This chick I know barely ate today because she didn't have enough time, and compensated for only having 450 calories during the day by ordering Pizza Hut, and is now awaiting it's arrival at her door. Since she normally eats 1600 cals or so, she has some leeway, but she's pretty sure the hot wings she couldn't resist are probably going to send her over the edge.

She's trying really hard to feel bad about it and to stay in control when it gets here, but her stomach is saying, "Just give me food already!"

Tani
12-21-2005, 01:44 PM
This girl I know had a giant piece of cheesecake last night at her Sister's birthday observed dinner. Creamy Creamy goodness ;)

PhysDom
12-21-2005, 03:35 PM
So, I know this girl... and she's been going really crazy with the homemade spinach dip for the company party. First, there was too much dip to fit into the container (so she had to finish that off last night) and now there are leftovers!
What a silly girl.

ajandpj99
12-22-2005, 03:46 PM
:doh: mmmmmmm ho made spi nach dip, drool....

BerkshireGrl
01-14-2006, 07:34 PM
This girl I know just ate 3 scoops of chocolate chip cookie dough Haagen Dazs ice cream. :s:

She reasoned it was 3 scoops even though the scoops were gigantically overflowing the scoop because it was 3 scooping motions, and none of the ice cream fell off :lol:

jules1216
01-14-2006, 08:30 PM
This girl I know can't just drink one glass of wine once the bottle is open...

mauvaisroux
01-14-2006, 09:05 PM
Gee, I think I know that girl too ;)

ajandpj99
01-14-2006, 10:05 PM
There was a joke floating around the internet a few years ago that listed some household tips from Martha Stewart and then stated the Real Womens way to do it.

1 of the items was what to do with left over wine...

Martha's way:
Pour leftover wine into ice cube trays and freeze to be used in sauces and gravies etc later.

The Real Womens way:
leftover wine? whats that?

:D

DimondInTheRough
01-20-2006, 05:56 PM
This girl know ate fast food twice yesterday a Chicken McGrill, from McDoanlds, for lunch and a turkey sub, from Subway, for dinner.

peacock 2
02-02-2006, 04:18 AM
This girl I know - well I am not speaking to her at the moment. She is just not trying! Yesterday - making the excuse she was stressed/pissed off she ate 2 fudgebars, a cappuchino choccie bar and a lemon choccie bar too. She already knows she has put on 3lbs so this is so wrong. I am going to have to have a stern word with this young lady.....

impossible princess
02-02-2006, 05:20 PM
This girl I know has realised that by calorie counting she can have 4 vodkas for every pint of lager she used to drink.

This girl thinks that when she goes to Dublin in a couple of weeks she will economise by drinking vodka instead of beer and therefore can eat whatever she likes :eek:

mauvaisroux
02-03-2006, 01:38 PM
:rofl: nice theory there princess!

jules1216
02-03-2006, 07:11 PM
Someone I know bought some wine stoppers thinking that there would be wine left in the bottle once opened....silly girl!

mauvaisroux
02-06-2006, 10:14 PM
Jules - oh, is that what those things are for . . . :o

peacock 2
02-07-2006, 05:38 AM
Jules - now come on, you know wine evaporates - as soon as you open the bottle - away it goes (down our throats! haha!).

hannah_weeks
02-07-2006, 04:37 PM
This naughty girl that I know (who absolutely LOVES football) decided that she was going to join in with the guys on Super Bowl Sunday - after all it was at her house this year - and she had plenty of healthy foods available to munch on...she tried just 5...or so... of the yummy extra hot Buffalo Wings (which she dipped in Wing sauce - no, not the lowfat brand) and then of course her mouth was on fire and so she reached for the best thing to cool a hot tongue (everyone knows that, that would be an ice cold Fosters) and by the end of the game she had drank 5 more (those wings were REALLY hot) -- but, wow that girl really did have a good time hanging out with the guys on Super Bowl Sunday:D