100 lb. Club - November NSV's

View Full Version : November NSV's

goalnorolls
11-02-2005, 10:00 AM
I got jeans the other day and I got the same size because they fit pretty good. But then yesterday I noticed how big they felt.
So I grabbed a size smaller at wal mart when I went to Walmart for groceries. Whats good about this besides the size, is that the whole reason I am where I am today is because I no longer fit clothes at wal mart. That was my last straw moment.

The other thing is that I had a shirt that I got for Christmas last year and it has pleats down the front and and the bottom has little slits. Well I could never wear the shirt because it looked like I ripped the shirt! My stomach spread the slits. It was horrendous! So today I put it on for giggles and it looks so cute! Fits perfect and I even got a 'Wow!' from dh when I walked into the kitchen.

I am officially one size smaller top and one size smaller on the bottom. :carrot:

ambabs
11-02-2005, 10:19 AM
Way to go!! Congrats on such a wonderful NSV!!!

mandy71480
11-02-2005, 11:37 AM
That's great, Liz! I got to that point with wal mart clothes, too- and I couldn't stand it. I am at their highest size (that my local store carries- 26/28) for shirts and I can't wear their pants unless they are elastic. arg!

barbygirl43
11-02-2005, 01:47 PM
WTG Liz that is super aweseome :carrot:

I threw out all the yummy halloween candy and left the kids with their suckers and smarteez (which they love and I can't stand).

I also did my first of the couch to 5k thing yesterday.

famograham
11-02-2005, 02:27 PM
Great NSV Liz! ;)

Good for you!

xoxo
inda

ScarlettDrawl
11-02-2005, 02:51 PM
Great NSV Liz!

mnemosyne
11-03-2005, 12:45 AM
Oh, here's an NSV, although maybe not the best for staying on plan: I'm getting carded alot more lately, including tonight at one of my favorite restaurants when I ordered a Dos Equis (to celebrate the Day of the Dead, of course). I really think I have been carded more since losing weight, although I don't think that I look like I'm under 21, by any stretch of the imagination. Or maybe the waiter was buttering me up for a bigger tip? No matter: still claiming it.

newfiedarling
11-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Excellent victories! I think this is my favourite thread on the boards!

~Dee

lucky
11-03-2005, 02:13 PM
This is always my favorite thread too, Dee. I love it when someone posts a NSV that applies to me but that I haven't thought of yet. It is so nice being handed something new to appreciate when I'm not paying attention enough to notice (usually because I'm too busy focusing on the wrong thing - the scale!). Not to mention how awesome it is to read the excitement in people's posts when they've found another good reason to keep working no matter how hard it may be sometimes.

goalnorolls
11-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Just wait until the day I can cross my legs again! :)

Sheila53
11-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Wonderful NSVs! I think getting carded more frequently is a great NSV. We all know you're drinking diet soda, right? :D

My goal for the week was to get in at least one 60 minute cardio session, and I DID IT! I got really close on Monday (57 min.), but up until this week, I've been managing 45-50 min. Just trying to step it up a notch.

DishyFishy
11-04-2005, 03:48 PM
Fantastic NSVs, as usual! I'm in awe of your fitness level, Sheila.

I just got the bus down to Calgary, and was made up to find I could use the seat-back tray without it resting at a peculiar angle on my tummy! :twirly:

ScarlettDrawl
11-04-2005, 06:38 PM
I had an NSV today. :carrot: I have a pair of black capris that my mother bought me for my birthday at the end of July. They are a size 18 (which is the size I'm wearing) but the were snug before and hard for me to zip up. I haven't worn them in a while and today I pulled them out of the closet. I put them on WITHOUT unzipping them AFTER they had just been washed (come on, ya'll know things are tight after being washed and dried ;) ). I was shocked. I am wearing them with a very open throat/collar shirt and my collarbones are making an appearance. I needed this today, I was feeling down and frustrated with my diet. Nothing like progress to cheer me up and motivate me to do more!

YP1
11-06-2005, 08:31 AM
I conquered my fear of wetsuits and went scuba diving!

Also, seats on planes seem to be getting bigger and bigger and bigger. I had a bulkhead seat today with the tray in the arm (which usually makes it narrower) and still had room to move around and put the tray out comfortably without it resting on my stomach. Fantastic.

And I wore an impossibly small bikini! (compared to my old ones, at least)

Heather
11-06-2005, 03:12 PM
Some great NSVs!!! I cannot WAIT for the day when I can sit on a plane and actually use the tray table in a FLAT position! I find it more embarrassing than having to ask for the seatbelt extender. I took a flight last spring and ended up in United's "economy plus" section and WAS able to use those tray tables ... I'll see where I am when I fly home for Christmas...

missaprylj
11-06-2005, 06:33 PM
I just feel good. Let's have that count. :lol:

Also, I went out to eat 4 times over the weekend and stayed OP all 4 times!!!!

DishyFishy
11-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Isn't it exciting to actually SEE yourself in smaller clothing, Shannon? I always get a huge smile on my face when I read that other people are discovering how good it feels. :D

The plane seat NSV is one I'm looking forward to experiencing next year when I fly to the UK, YP1. And a bikini, eh? :high: I bet you looked like one HOT chickie!

I LOVE your NSV, Apryl! Oh, and staying OP when eating out is cool too! :lol:

howie6267
11-06-2005, 11:34 PM
Great NSV everyone. Here is another one for fitting in a chair. I can now share my seat with one of my favorite girls.
http://www.thehman.com/blog/archives/howie-nsv%20(3)-s.JPG

ChocLabLover
11-07-2005, 09:55 AM
Looking good Howie with the girls! :D

newfiedarling
11-07-2005, 10:24 AM
I have one! I went to a party on the weekend and realized that I wasn't the biggest person in the room. It felt sooooo good.

~Dee

DishyFishy
11-07-2005, 12:33 PM
"ONE" of your favourite girls? Howie, you little :devil:.

Good one, Dee! I wonder if we'll ever stop scanning the room to check this one out....

luflic
11-07-2005, 08:36 PM
Oh Dee that is awesome! I can't wait until I go somewhere that I am not the largest person in the room. This is a motivator for me!

Went to visit my daughter this week end and we hiked to a waterfall and I made it!!

I'm with you on can't wait until the day I can cross my legs again!

I too broke down and bought a new pair of jeans went down to a twenty so I was so excited!

activeadventurer
11-07-2005, 08:44 PM
These are all awesome! Mine is more like a change in strategy. I started using waist and hip measurements instead of pounds to track my progress. Seems so much less intimidating

ScarlettDrawl
11-07-2005, 09:27 PM
These are all so motivating. ActiveAdventurer, a friend of mine uses waist and hip measurements to track her progress too. She measures monthly and gets on the scale only every other month. I know I could never do that! Being able to weigh in weekly is something I almost look forward to and is a motivator to stay OP. I measure monthly now though as well, to see the inches melting away. That way, if I've had a hard month before, I measure, and see the loss of inches and know I'm making progress even if the scale doesn't show much movement! Congratulations, by the way, on your 13 inch loss. That's fabulous. :bravo:

howie6267
11-08-2005, 12:51 PM
I have another one. Kimberley was cleaning yesterday and rearranged the office. So I do not have my normal spot for putting the laptop. We have one of those lap trays so I decided to use it. This is the first time I have ever been able to use one of these things and put the legs out like it is supposed to be. These things are pretty nice when you can use them the way they are meant to be.

mnemosyne
11-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Love the lap-tray victory AND the hiking victory. I want to do some hiking next spring. We'll see.

ANYway, my NSV came this weekend. My little brother is a freshman at OSU and my mom bought us tickets to the OSU-Illinois game. So, I went to Columbus for the weekend to visit kid brother and take him to the football game. Had to park so far away, then walk alot - to meet him at his dorm, then to go the Skull Session, which he wanted to see, back to my car to get some stuff I had for him, back to his dorm, and finally to the stadium. Then, had to climb up all those stairs since our seats were really high up - and squeeze around all those people to find our seats.

Blah blah blah. Until this summer, it had been years since I went to a sporting event. It was too uncomfortable and taxing, and the chair/seat/walking over people issues were always there. So, going to the football game was a real victory for me. I kept up with the kid brother and felt great, and managed all the stairs without needing a break. (Though I was exhausted by the time we reached our nosebleed seats!)

Another victory from the weekend: I grabbed breakfast/lunch at some café on Saturday and it was such a nice day. They had some outdoor metal seats, with arms that might have made me think twice about eating outside before. Not this time. What a nice lunch and a great feeling!

goalnorolls
11-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Going to a hockey game - and so far don't have anxiety about the seats! thats huge for me because another of the many reasons for this particular journey was the walmart jeans, not wanting to got a concert with my husband and sitting at home alone because he took the oldest son with him.
We are going as a family and it will be alot of fun!!

Sheila53
11-09-2005, 05:29 PM
What great NSVs! It's a fabulous feeling when we realize we can fit into seats we couldn't previously fit. Way to go, everyone!

famograham
11-09-2005, 06:17 PM
My tiny victory for today, is that I found somewhere in myself the nerve to get on my treadmill for the first time since August :)

Way to go everyone!!! :cheer:

Linda

lucky
11-10-2005, 03:07 PM
My sister recently cleaned out her closet and dropped a lot of clothes she doesn't wear off for me. Now, she has always been thin. Her "fat" clothes are 8's, if that. I actually didn't think I'd be able to wear any of it. But, I accepted them because I thought it would give me something to work towards. Imagine my surprise when the 6's she had in the bags fit just right! I knew my 8's were getting loose but I certainly didn't think I had dropped a size. Just for fun I tried on some of the 4's. Okay, they didn't fit - but they went on and surely that counts for something!

I ended with a few NSV's all rolled into one. First of all the fact that I wiggled into a 4 (even if I couldn't button or zip it) got me excited about losing again which means maybe I'll find the gumption I need to finally tackle these last 15 pounds. Second, remembering how she looked in some of these clothes gave me a little insight into my actual size (I'm still fighting some body image issues), and finally - WooHoo - two big bags of free clothes (a lot of them even still have the tags!).

barbygirl43
11-14-2005, 05:16 PM
I bought me some calf-high boots this weekend. I did go up 1/2 size and buy them in wide so they would zip but I got them up with no problems. I've been wearing them most of the day so far and only had a bit of discomfort for about 30 minutes a few hours after wearing them. I have a couple more outfits I have that I can wear them with.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/barbygirl43/3fc/HPIM2135.jpg

luflic
11-14-2005, 05:25 PM
Dawnyal I am so proud of you! I haven't been able to zip boots on these calfs in years! I have the kind that are leather in front and stretch in the back total cheats! Go girl!!!

Heather
11-14-2005, 11:39 PM
jawsmom -- free clothes - YAY! Several years ago my SIL gave me some clothes that were too big for her -- some of them really nice. At the time I just had 10 pounds to go to get into them, but I was headed in the wrong direction... *sigh* Last winter I got rid of most of them, as I was now 50+ away from wearing them. And here I am, back within 10 pounds of the clothes I no longer have. Oh well! I'd rather be thinner without the clothes, than fatter with them!! :)

My NSV came yesterday when we spent over an hour raking the yard and working on the lawn -- I hauled a lot of leaves to the curb and didn't even feel tired at the end of it!!

Gardenwife
11-16-2005, 07:14 PM
As usual, this thread is totally uplifting. I love it!! Here's a NSV of Howie's. He TUCKED for the first time in years yesterday, and he looked great. :)

Dawnyal, those boots are so cool. I really want to get a pair of boots, along with some flats that are not clunky looking.

goalnorolls
11-17-2005, 02:11 PM
My wedding ring is too big!!
Uh oh might have to get a new one :)

barbygirl43
11-17-2005, 05:04 PM
WTG on the NSVs everyone. Liz my ring is always turning upside down on me. Now that winter is coming on I imagine I'll have to get a spacer to keep it in place. I'm going to wait until my fingers no longer are shrinking and then just get it resized. I have lifetime resizing (I just have to pay to have them welded back together) but I know that repeated sizing can weaken it.

jmacway
11-17-2005, 06:11 PM
I finally have something to write about in NSV. I love reading about everyones NSV.
I have been subbing in a special needs class for the last week. Today the class went to P.E. The teacher wanted the kids to run laps of the gym. To get these children to run, I ran with them. I guess I did a half a dozen laps of the gym. I was very surprised that I was not winded after, just a little tired. I was very pleased with myself when I realized what I had just done.

luflic
11-17-2005, 10:48 PM
Be careful ladies of the rings being too big. My daughter told me of a friend whose ring got lose as she was loosing weight and it went flying off not to be found again. That is making me nervous for my rings. Good idea about getting a sizer band to insert I will have to do that also!

lucky
11-17-2005, 11:13 PM
Joyce, isn't it great when you don't realize what you've done until after the fact? That happens to me sometimes when I'm playing with my kids. They like to ride their bikes up our hill and then race down and I'll run along side of them. We can do that over and over and I don't get so much as a little out of breath (well, not for a while anyway). But, if I put on my sneakers and make a conscious effort to go running I don't get nearly as far before I'm huffing and puffing. I know it is a mental block that I have. I've not yet accepted how far I've come in terms of fitness so I still don't "think" I can do some of these things. But, what do you know, as soon as I stop paying attention my body shows me what it can do!

I had a NSV just tonight. My son's school gives out coupons for free Personal Pan Pizzas when the kids read a certain number of books. I took him to cash his first on in after his karate class tonight. He wanted to order breadsticks so I let him but we only got the five piece since I knew I didn't want any. They brought out ten by mistake and out waitress told us just to keep them. Now, back in the day, I would have figured that since we got extra I might as well eat them. But, tonight, they just sat there and got cold. AND -I ordered a Veggie Lover's personal pan pizza (6 inch) and could only eat half of it! Granted I had filled up on salad beforehand, but still. Not so long ago I would have eaten the whole thing regardless of how full of salad I was. Heck, I wouldn't have even thought to order a personal pan pizza back then. I'd eat an entire medium sized pizza all by myself (well, if nobody was looking!). Anyway, I walked away feeling like the struggle not to eat unless I am hungry or to not eat something just because it is there had gotten a little easier without my even noticing.

Gardenwife
11-18-2005, 12:14 AM
My wedding ring is loose and when I'm not bloated it will turn around on my finger. It's not quite ready to just fall off, though. Howie's, however...I'm afraid his ring is going to fly off somewhere! We really need to get a sizer for it until he's done and can get it resized.

Great NSV's about the running, raking & pizza, you guys!

howie6267
11-18-2005, 01:13 AM
Great victorys everyone. You guys are doing awesome.

On the ring deal, I am wearing mine on my middle finger now. I will get it resized when I lose my last 30.

Heather
11-18-2005, 01:17 AM
I had another NSV tonight. We went out to dinner at Red Robin -- known for their burgers and "neverending fries". I actually ate my very first ever gardenburger -- and LIKED it. A lot! And I replaced the fries with a salad. I think it turned out to be less calories than many of my meals at home!

My ring's starting to get a little lose, but not a problem yet...

barbygirl43
11-18-2005, 12:55 PM
Joyce--that is such a great NSV. How cool that you are subbing in a special needs class. I always enjoyed going and covering stories in the one class back home.

jawsmom--you are awesome. Pizza would have to be my greatest weakness (I won't say my one because there are many.)

wyllenn--we don't have one of those around here but that gardenburger actually sounds delicious.

Here is my big, big one: I gave away my chocolate chunk cookie dough

I'm a sucker when it comes to cowoker's kids fundraisers. I forgot that I had bought it. As I was driving to take it home a couple days ago (smack dab in the middle of TOM I might add) I just picked it up and donated it to daycare for them to make cookies. I was sure glad I did too but I would've eaten half the bucket of it at home that night without a second thought.

teapotdynamo
11-18-2005, 01:49 PM
That is a brilliant one, Dawnyal. When I'm involved, they should just call it Cookie "D'oh!"

Sheila53
11-23-2005, 10:36 PM
Good job, everyone! Especially you, Dawnyal--you're my hero! I love cookie dough. . .

So I got my body fat measured today (original measurement was 6 weeks ago) and I was hoping for a 1% loss, and I had a 1.5% loss, making my total body fat under 30. Yippee! Not much under 30, but I'm totally happy with that.

ChocLabLover
12-02-2005, 10:13 AM
I had to add my NSV from last night. I was over at a friend's house for dinner last night, and when taking servings for myself, I took just enough (to the point where I could see the plate). This is a big thing for me as portion control is such a huge issue with me, that for me just to take enough and not be stuffed by the end of dinner was great. The fact that I left the table satisifed but not full was a great feeling!

howie6267
12-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Good for you Carol. It's nice to be normal isn't it. I'm no longer embarrassed to eat in front of people anymore. I never was at a dinner setting but I mean like at work if I want to grab something out of my lunch bag and I'm the only one eating. I don't feel self conscious about it.