South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 12:12 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking Hump Day Happenings (Nov. 2)

Hey, chicas!

Hope today is a wonderful day, full of sun and lots of good, clean eating.

I'll be at my "totally pumped" class this morning...not sure who's teaching, but they are all good, so I know I'll get a great workout!

Things have been crazy lately and my eating is a bit off. I went to OA last night to try to get back on track. Let's hope it helps.

Have a therapy appt. today and want to swing by Sam's club to pick up some groceries, including cheap pork loin chops. Have to return a pair of XL sleep pants to Wal*Mart and get the L instead. The XL was too big!

Have a great day, chickies!!!
Old 11-02-2005, 04:46 AM   #2  

Hey congrats Laurie about the pants being toooo big - you must feel really good

Just yet another study day... had a bad night of insomnia last night - so felt particularily tired, so no exercise, but I ate really well again today - no temptations despite being tired... which is a mini woo hoo for me.

My husband is travelling away for work tomorrow - just for a few days... but I am feel nervous about it for some reason... I don't want him flying - very strange feelings indeed. But I am sure he will be fine... must go and make sure he packs his bag.. see you all later
Old 11-02-2005, 06:37 AM   #3  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good Morning! Today will be a field day! And it's my hard site today. I've got a mountain to hike up! With about 50 lbs. of gear. Fun Fun!! I better lose some weight from this !

Last night I made Chicken Tikka Masala w/ brown rice, broccoli, and carrots. Yummy! I got the sauce from an international market here and I don't exactly think it was exactly OP since it had cream in it but it was sooo good and I was good all day so I don't think it will hurt me too bad. My whole dinner came to around 550 calories, not to bad. I think I'll have some oats w/ dried apricots and spices this morning. I find the trek up the mountain is easier if I eat carbs.

On another note, I'm so enfatuated with my new babies it's not even funny. They're still a little sqeemish but not as much as the first day. This morning while cuddling w/ Percival he even licked and groomed me. That's supposed to be a sign of affection and "acceptance" or at least thats what I read. Alfred loves to chase his tail like a little puppy and bother the heck out of poor sweet Percival. Definitely two different little personalities going on here. Ok, enough about rats!!!!

beachgal: Have fun in your excercise class. I need to follow your example and work out! Does walking count?
Marianna: Don't worry, your hubby will be fine and back with you before you know it. And while he's gone we will keep you company!

Everyone else not yet awake: have a great day!
Old 11-02-2005, 06:54 AM   #4  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Dh woke me in the middle of a REM cycle so I'm all groggy this morning.

Got an email from a nurse that specializes in fibromyalgia care and asked her about the IBS thing. Her advice was to stick to the bland diet for a while longer. I'll slowly reintroduce whole grains back, then raw veggies one at a time. Hopefully, by Christmas, I'll be back to "normal".

Laurie, congrats on the "downsizing"! Feels great, doesn't it!

Marianna, I'm sure your dh will be fine. It's probably the insomnia that's got you all wiggy.

Pear, have fun on your expedition today. I'm not much into rodents---we had an infestation of rats (the woods behind our house was bulldozed to build a new subdivision) and it was horrible. But you enjoy little Alfred and Percival! Just make sure you give them some wood blocks to chew on, or they might chew on you!

Ok, gotta get my shower and get dressed.

Everyone have a great day on the Beach!
Old 11-02-2005, 08:23 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

A sunny good morning from the metropolis of Delta! The Girls were out on the back deck for an hour this morning just observing the world while I cleaned the fridge (their very favourite task to "help" with). It's darn hard to clean a fridge with two dogs sticking their heads in so I booted them out.

Beachgal, you MUST get more sleep. It will help with the weightloss. Shall I phone you evey night and sing a lullaby to you?

Marianna, I am sure you are very anxious to get this term finished! Sorry about the insomnia. Safe trip to your DH - I'm sure your uneasiness is sleep deprivation and stress. (((Hug)))

Pearshape, I don't think I could lift 50 pounds, much less carry it up a mountain. Whoa! I do lift 50 pound bags of compost but just enough to get them into the wheel barrow. I'm not too fond of rats but can see how they'd be appealing. I even feel sorry for the wee mice I catch in my trapline.

Mamacita, I am so sorry about the darn tummy troubles. What a drag to have to limit what you eat. I hope you are back to alleged "normal" soon, like before Christmas!

Yesterday, I thought I'd had a stroke! I got my haircut, Danny handed me my glasses as I stood up and my vison went really blurry. It just freaked everyone out until they realized Danny had given me another client's glasses! Whew! They were ready to call 911!

I must confess I did not avoid the Chinese buffet but ate a large plate of raw veggies (no dressing) before I had my single plate from the hot buffet. I am so weak! I guess the only way to avoid the darn thing is to NOT shop at that centre or else time things so I am not in town at lunchtime!

This morning I will vacuum the downstairs and am going to go to visit Harry this afternoon. There is a Country Christmas Meeting tonight so it'll be a full day. I hope to get some broccoli soup made today as well - cleaning the fridge always puts me into soup making mode!

Have a lovely Beach Keen Day!
Old 11-02-2005, 08:42 AM   #6  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Ruth, On the October weight loss you put I lost pounds but I did lose 1.5.

Things are going well. Have not been around much because we have been busier at work and I am exploring new career options. I am seriously thinking about doing freelance proofreading/copy editing full time. I am dying to be able to work from home and take care of my home better. I hate being at a desk all day long.

Staying OP is going OK except those darn peanut butter cups we bought for the "kids." My hubby swore he would take them to work and has he? NO. I have been expertly avoiding the Bostom Creme Pie in the fridge (his birthday cake) but those stupid Reese's!!! ARGH.

Jessie
Old 11-02-2005, 09:12 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

There is no chocolate in the office THANK GOD
Ran to target last night to get 3 emergency outfits (translation NOTHING fits that is clean and the clothes that fit are dirty) also got a few groceries b/c We ahd no time to hit the store. Did I make lunch or breakfast this AM ? No we slept through the alarm big meetings for both of us today
THe tops I bought were all 1X and they are too big!
and the Pants were 16 W and they are a bit loose!
Not bad for having my eating go to heck in a handbasket.
Laurie What are OA Meetings like?
MAma do you have Fibro? (I have Fibro)
Pear you are actually making me think rats are cute!
Marianna I under stand being anxious about that
Ruth you Poor dear I would have FREAKED! if i opened my eyes and the world was blurry.
Jessie- I have the same trouble with PB Cups! SOmetimes I'd love to work from home too.
bbl
Old 11-02-2005, 09:16 AM   #8  
Kyemom

Morning girls!!! How is it going? Doin well here. Seems like everyone is getting new furbabies...I am on the list to get a new furbaby too...They are due to be born on Sunday, but breeder thinks she will go early!!! I can't wait. Pick of the litter!! Better be a really cute big black boy in the bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pear- Glad you are liking you furbabies...me ...not too keen on rodents, esp rats!!
Ruth- I know what you mean..my girls like to "help" clean out the fridge too...or the toilet for that matter!!!
Well all have a great day...Be back in a bit!
Old 11-02-2005, 09:33 AM   #9  

Morning, gals! It's a busy week. We had just enough time to have Brian do his homework before we stopped to buy him an electric blanket before we went to All Saints mass last night. Then he was so excited about his blanket he had to read all the instructions and get it on his bed right away. I'm hoping we can keep the house a lot colder this winter. I THINK the electric blankets will be cheaper than the natural gas used by our heater but since they just approved a 24% increase in the cost of electricity, who knows!

I've got my gym clothes in the car and plan to stop on the way home.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:48 AM   #10  
Will work for yarn!

Good morning...

The tally this morning is Halloween Candy 3, Barb 0. <sigh> It is leaving the house today (at least most of it!). My goal is to have my kids each pick out 7 pieces of candy, put them in ziplock baggies, and tuck them away. Then dh will take the rest of the candy to a BBQ that he's helping cook for today.

I have another busy day ahead of me today. In a few hours I'll be leaving to go pick up a girlfriend of mine from the airport. I wish I could say she's coming to visit me, but she's not. Her husband has been at school on the military base I live at for the month and she's flying out for his graduation. Instead of trying to squeeze in time to visit, she asked if I'd pick her up. Thank goodness the gas prices are going down.... And tonight is bowling.

Have a good day all! And stay strong!
Old 11-02-2005, 10:51 AM   #11  
gotta lose it!

Good morning everyone!
Barb - I use to have an electric blanket...in my single years & I loved it. I lived on the second floor, so the downstairs neighbors would blast their heat & I didn't need to - save me some $$$. Now that I have dbf- who is ALWAYS hot...I gave the blanket to one of my single gal pals.
Pear - you & those darn rodents...ewww! I think I would faint if I was in the same room as them!
Ruth - I'm glad you're ok & Danny just did a quick little snafu!!
Kye - what kind of furbaby - dog/cat? Got a name yet?
Jessi - I had an episode with the halloween candy last night...feel your pain!
KO - glad the clothes at Target were too big....I like their clothes, but nothing seems to fit me right there!
Mamacita - I'm groggy too....this morning! I'm drinking my coffee!
Laurie - glad to hear that you had to downsize!!
Marianna - I'm sure your hubby will be ok!!
Me - I'm working AGAIN today....I'm going to have some major OT this week. My boss likes giving me extra hours because I "deliver results." It would probably be more cost effective if she would just coach/train her other managers to "deliver results" instead of paying me OT. Whatever...I'll take her money. It's so close to Xmas...& dbf's job is slow right now, we could use the extra cash. I just hate not having a day off. My next day off is Monday. I also have Tues & Weds off. I think I will head south & vist dear old dad. I'm sure he has some projects for me to do for him & I gotta visit that cutie pie niece of mine!
Well everyone have a great OP day!
Old 11-02-2005, 10:52 AM   #12  
gotta lose it!

HI Barb...we postd at the same time!!
Old 11-02-2005, 11:03 AM   #13  

oooh its almost Afternoon- but not yet so GOod morning!
I am so happy its hump day- this has been a very long week already......
glad everyone made it through halloween- I did eat chocolate (dark) and drank a lot - but oh well....back to running every morning and lifting weights....the scale is pretty happy with itself these days STUCK on 135-

I am off to class hope all of you have a wonderful day
Old 11-02-2005, 11:23 AM   #14  

What a bunch of chatty chicks this morning!... I was out weeding and doing poop patrol this morning... Well Ruth... When do we start Phase 2: Today?? I'll go for it!
Pearsydew: WHY did I KNOW your new animal companions were RATS...Percival and Alfred have hit the jackpot! No lab experiments for those 2.. No, they will have a lovely life with mamapear. But if you add anymore I may haveta call you Willard.
BG: WOnderful news on downsizing---- and to you too KO!!!!!
mamacita: I was Dxed long ago with Fibro... all that "12 points of pain" stuff... honestly if you just mildly press some areas on my body you would think I was hit with a 2x4...but ..doesn't seem to slow me down tooo much I'm lucky.'
Kye: what kind of furboy ya gettin????I just love new puppies..I'd have at least 1 more but DH would kill me!
Feel better Marianna..hugs!!!
Soon,Barb, Angel, Holiday, Jessie: Have a loverly day ladies!
Old 11-02-2005, 12:32 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

HI all

I've been gone for a while, I've missed checking in with everyone. My Grandfather died last week and we had a funeral to plan and when I got back to work I had a mound of things on my desk. I've just now gotten through and wanted to touch base with everyone. I haven't had a chance to read up on what everyone has been doing, but I hope everything is great with everyone!!! I've been staying mostly OP since Sunday but I gained 4lbs from Tues-Sat. But I'm not going to get depressed over it, there could be worse things right? One good thing, I did not eat 1 piece of the dreaded Halloween candy!! yeah for me

I've told many women about this site, they asked how I've lost my weight and I told them what a great site this is. So we may see a few more babes on the beach.

I'm gonna spend the rest of my free time today reading up on the daily threads!!

Ya'll take care
Closed Thread