Support Groups - Mom's Losing Weight...

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Mom's Losing Weight...

chrily
11-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Hey girls..
I figured it was high time we started a new thread, since the other one still says September.

chrily
11-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Now for a real post. Today has been draining. I have Nicole's cold or whatever it was...and feel awful! :(

I've been piggin out on Pumpkin seeds. I should have never made those things. I knew it was a bad idea. Thank goodness that I don't have much of an appetite for anything today. I think with the stuffed up nose, I just can't taste anything and nothing looks good. GOOD! :)

Where are ya hiding Crystal? Didn't see a post from you today. Has Andrew gotten any better about sleeping? I know you were having problems before.

Carly-How'd that mopping go? :D I can't say I mind mopping. I hate laundry. That is my major housework pet peeve.

I'm going to go and get some homework done. And then get Tiana from dance. Nicole passed out on the chair and Kayla is watching GREASE on tv. She loves that show. That, and Titanic. Such a peculiar little 6 yr old. I love her to death anyhow.

~chris

carlytaz
11-02-2005, 05:17 AM
goodmorning,

Chris.. the mopping went just fine.. the house looked really good yesterday when all the brokers came and looked at it.. so hopefully this will produce some prospects... if not so be it... either way the house is looking good and i am feeling a bit better these days.. and in time i will move to maine... ya know what i mean..

ok.. so yesterday i did eat like a piggy but when i am nervous or emotional that is what i do... i will try to get better.. i need to really go to the store and shop for good food. havent done that yet... but any ways.. i did start drinking my green tea again that is a plus and my water..\

anyways,,, i will check back later... hope you are feeling better today....

carly

mamamoore4
11-02-2005, 06:40 AM
morning ladies.
Chris sorry you're not feeling well. That time of year I guess, my dh is down in the dumps too. With his new job his insurance just set in yesterday believe it or not and I think he'll have to go to the doc today. Thanks for asking about Andrew, yes he's a better sleeper. Could be the medicine he takes, could be the bigger house, cleaner air in this house or could be that he's getting older. Usually sleeps all night, once in a while will wake up once, but go back to sleep easily. And with Allison, I have gotten so blessed, she's great. Sleeps great and has since she was a couple months old.

Hi Carly, have a great day.

Today, dh's grandparents take the three older kids to story time at the library and it gives me great time to run errands with only the baby. We're going grocery shopping. I'll talk to you ladies later.

chrily
11-02-2005, 11:01 AM
My ears are plugged an my head is packed. Woo Hoo. That's okay. Hopefully it won't last too long.

Today I have parent-teacher conferences to go to. They both look like they are doing good, but Tiana is still struggling with her tests. The girl can get A's and B's on her homework but every test she has taken so far this year, she has flunked, not even a high F...we're talking like 27% and 17%. It's such a losing battle. I had her tested before to receive help but her scores weren't low enough. She was way below the average but was like 3 points off from getting the help she needs. I can't afford a tutor and I don't know what to do. I'm hoping I can figure something out with her teacher. In 4th grade, after all the testing for getting assistance at school, they let her take her tests in a seperate room from the rest of the class. It seems to help her if she can read the questions out loud.

Sorry for not getting personal. I have to get busy with my homework. I have 3 tests this week, and 22 more assignments to do for my computer class, and 1 paper to write. Busy busy busy.

Carly-good luck with the house selling. I need to go shopping too. I need to get more healthy stuff for me to eat around here too.

Crystal-Enjoy your time shopping. I know its not very often you get a break. I don't know how you do it with 4 little ones. I struggle with my 3. We are taking a parenting class at church right now. Hopefully I can start changing some things around here with it.

~chris

carlytaz
11-03-2005, 05:11 AM
goodmorning ladies,

well I hope everyone had a good day yesterday... mine was good... busy at work .. i did ok with the eating and i did drink my water... yippppyyyy... i am starting to get back on track...

with the house thing i am just going to put it in gods hands and stop stressing over it... it will happen when it happens... has anyone started there xmas shopping>???? i think i will be going the week of christmas... lol...

well have a wonderful day..

carly

mamamoore4
11-03-2005, 05:34 AM
Morning ladies.
Chris sure hope you're feeling better. How did the conferences go?

Carly, I have put the kids christmas stuff in layaway. I've decided not to do too much for the rest of the family, this is the tightest year ever, financially. I'm gonna do LOTS of baking and making food baskets and other kind of baskets for most other family members. I haven't started those yet.

Well, yesterday was a good day. Got grocery shopping out of the way. ANd believe it or not instead of shopping with only one while the others were at the library, we went earlier and ALL of us grocery shopped. So I used the time they were at the library to come home and put groceries up.
Anyway, today we'll school and clean and do the usual. Hope everyone has a great day.

carlytaz
11-04-2005, 05:16 AM
goodmorning,

I am so happy it's friday... my work has been driving me nuts.. i just feel a bit burnt out..but anyways,... no complaining... well i had a yummy salad for supper last night and saved some for my lunch today.. which is a good thing.. i am trying to start the portion control again.. everyday i will just add something new.. all little things add up to big results... anyways, i hope you ladies have a great day... i will check back soon..carly

chrily
11-04-2005, 11:42 AM
Hi girls...I feel much better today. The last two days my body has been aching so bad and my head was hurting like you wouldn't believe. The only down side of being sick is that I let my homework slide and now I have 2 papers to turn in today and take 2 tests...YUCK!

My eating hasn't been the best this week. Nothing tastes right. I haven't felt like exercising either. Do either of you two have any suggestions to kick me in the butt to get going with exercise? I am just not motivated to do it.

Crystal-Things are going to be tight this year for Christmas too. Kelly started his own business so we have extra bills with that and he got his hours cut at his day job too, and things are so slow there, they want him to take an extra day again. He's only working 3 days a week right now. We can't afford to go lower than that. I certainly don't make enough at my job to handle the extra burden of that. I still have to figure out what to get my girls for Christmas. That is sneaking up so fast....Coli is going to get some clothes for sure.

Carly-Glad you had a good day yesterday. Salad sounds yummy. I haven't made myself a good salad in a week or two. Bad me! I've kind of been surviving on weird stuff. The only thing I can taste right now is salty stuff. So I've been snacking on pumpkin seeds and crackers. Not good.

Well Kelly goes in for surgery next thursday. They have to widen his esphogus up again. They might sew part of it shut too down by his stomach so the acid can't reflux anymore. He's got alot of scarring all the way down from his throat and its interfering with his swallowing again. HE actually chokes and then has to throw up. I know, kind of gross but hey.

Well I better get back to doing my homework load. The girls only have a half day of school and I know they are going to want to do something this afternoon. Talk to you two later.

~chris

carlytaz
11-08-2005, 05:45 AM
goodmorning ladies,

sorry i havent check in lately... lots of things have been going on... but i think things are getting better...

my doggy past away on friday.. my daughter took it so hard... well we all did.. but my daughter was really bad... now my house is way to quite ..

but anyways,, on the eating and weight thing... i have been doing ok.. at the end of the month i should be working from home... so that will give me a little more time to add some exercising into my day... i think that will be great..

the christmas thing around here is going to be real tight to.. because with us having the house on the market we are trying to pay off as much as possible so when the time comes and we sell we will have more money in our pocket for a down payment on a new house... we are thinking the house probably wont sell until spring... but i think that is ok.. the winter is really no time to be trying to move to a new state... i think my daughter is looking forward to the move.. and i also think my 17 year old son is going to come with us.. i do hope so.. but we will see... well ladies have a great day you are doing great... i will try to check back later today...

carly

p.s. Chris.... how are you feeling????

chrily
11-08-2005, 04:12 PM
Carly, I swear I must have a sinus thing going on. My head is still aching. I wish this stuff would just go away. I need some advice from you girls. I have 2 cats (we thought one, but found out different) that are peeing on our brand new carpet and have been for awhile now. What do we do? My husband wants to give them away. They aren't sick either. We've had them checked by the vet. We just don't know what to do with this one.

I've been busy with schoolwork as usual. Kelly is eating better now, since he say the dietician, so eating healthy around here is getting easier. I still haven't exercised. I'm going to talk with the doctor about that at my appt. on Friday. The best news though, is that since she listed me as having a binge eating disorder, my insurance is paying for the weight loss clinic. WHOO HOOOo!

I better scoot for now. Kayla gets out of school in a few minutes and if I'm not there, she'll probably have a small panic attack. Then I'd get the mommy guilt all afternoon about not being on time. She's good at that.

TTFN,
Crystal where are you?????

Chris

carlytaz
11-09-2005, 05:31 AM
hey Chris,,,

the cat thing i cant really help you with... my friend has a cat who started doing that but she has diebitetes... that is why... since she has been on the insilin she is fine... sorry...

I wish you would feel better.. well i am glad kelly is eating better that must make you feel better..that would worry me..

lets see what else is going on... well in the next couple weeks i will be working from home.. yippy i cant wait.. i do hope it works out for me... but anyways... i am going to start putting exercise into my daily routine.. doing it first thing in the morning after everyone leaves for work... i use to do that i think i can do that again... i always liked exercising in the morning.. at night i am to tired...and i am also hoping by being home i can start to eat better... we will see.. keep your fingers crossed for me...i will keep you updated...

and great about the insurance thing... that is such a help....

i will check back later....

carly

carlytaz
11-11-2005, 05:31 AM
goodmorning,

how are you ladies??? no one has been on in a couple days.. just checking to make sure you are ok,... hope to hear from you guys...carly

BrettnLaurynsmommi
11-11-2005, 01:47 PM
Hi Ladies! I'm new to the boards and I was hoping to join your group. I am a 29 year old stay at home mom of two, Brett4,and Lauryn 14 months. I am married to my wonderful Husband Richard for 6 years. I have been struggling to lose weight all of my life. My highest weight was 230 when I was pregnant with my daughter. I have managed to get down to 170 recently and I am struggling to lose at least 20-25lbs more to get where I want to be. I have been on every diet out there, and had success with pretty much all of them. I just have a hard time sticking to just one diet. I guess what I am looking for is daily support, or even just to chat with other moms about everyday issues. I look forward to chatting with you all!
Laura

chrily
11-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Hey Laura, welcome to the board. My name is Chris and I am a stay at home mom of 3 daughters. Tiana is 12, Kayla 6 and Nicole 3. I do work part time for my dad and I am also a full time college student. I'm 34 yrs old. Boy that was a hard one to admit to. Ewww! I'm located in Montana and have been married for 7 yrs to my main squeezie. I have rheumatoid arthritis (a wonderful inherited "gift" from my mom). My hightest weight was 223 about 1 1/2 yrs ago. I am down to 197 and would love to lose 50 more pounds. My lowest weight was 119 in high school. Okay, I'll admit, I was underweight in high school. :) I am currently working with a doctor at a weight management clinic and have been doing alot better with my program than I was when I was trying to do it all on my own. I am looking forward to the day when I can buy my "skinny" wardrobe. Welcom again...Love to hear more from you.

Carly-I know I am being the silent type. Naw, yesterday I didn't have time to get on. I had to go meet with my academic advisor at 8 am and then I shuffled Kelly off to the hospital to do his endoscopic surgery. The doctor showed me the pics of his esphogus. He says its just hamburger. How comforting! There is alot of inflammation and swelling and he has ulcers all over it too. So they widen it up so he could swallow food again and now he has to take his acid reflux meds 2 times a day instead of just once. I was so embarrassed because the hospital is a Catholic ran establishment and my darling man is so doped up and out of it after the surgery...and there he was telling all these off-color jokes to the nurse. And for the kicker, he doesn't remember doing it. I was just dying. :o

Okay...gotta go. Laundry is calling and so is the family room. My mom wants us to all go to church tonight to listen to these guys sing. They sing Christian rock and they are really good. So I'm trying to get it all done by then. I just want to do a little homework tomorrow and be done for the weekend and relax... :) TTFN...I'll check back with you ladies later.

~chris

carlytaz
11-12-2005, 07:55 AM
hello ladies...

laura glad you came to join us... i am not a stay at home mom,.... but i am going to be starting to work from home in the next couple weeks... yipppy i cant wait... am hoping i will have a little more control over my self by working from home and buying the correct foods because at my office i run across the street grab something to eat.. which is usually something unhealthy... i am hoping by not having to get up so early and rush out the door i will be able to put some exercising into my day too.. we will see what happens... they are all attainable goals... i just have to do it... i am 37yrs old ... have 3 kids 19 yr old son who does not live at home... 17yr old son... who is home and a 13yr old daughter...a great hubby of 19yrs .... for some reason the last few years i have totally let myself go.. i think depression and emotions have everything to do with it and lazyness.... but that is all going to change.. i am not way over weight.. i just need to get healthy so getting advice here is very helpfull...

well have a wonderful day... i will check back later... carly

chrily
11-12-2005, 12:55 PM
Morning or afternoon...depending on where you are! ;)

I've got all my housework almost licked. Just the usual laundry staring me down now. Today is good 'ol Pill day. I have to take all my RA meds on Saturday so I usually try to hang around home as much as I can because sometimes they make me sick. But today is my little niece's birthday so this afternoon we have a party to go to and then I have my parenting class and then church.

Fun stuff! I still have to take a test in my business class and then turn it my homework for it too. I hate his tests. You get 35 minutes for 30 multiple choice and t/f questions and 8 essay questions. I don't know how expects a person to finish. I'll have to make up for my low test grades with good grades on my assignments.

We went to a Celebrate Recovery concert last night. It's a faith based organization for people with drug and alcohol addictions, co-dependency, and for people with sex addicitons. The church invited anyone who wanted to to just come to it. Gosh, some of the stories I heard about some of these people about made me cry. I'm glad I never got hooked on anything. Tiana, of course had all these questions. Her dad is a recovering alcoholic and her stepmom used to do meth, so she is always worried about their welfare. I told her not to worry it because it wasn't her job to have to keep her dad and stepmom safe. That is too much for a child to handle. She doesn't need it. I just don't know what to tell her sometimes. She knows alot more than a child should and I want to protect her from that stuff.

Ooo..better go. I have to go get some cat food before the party before my cats just "die". They have 1/2 a bowl full and that's not enough. Little doorknobs, anyhow. I think I have neurotic pets.

Hey Laura...how's your day going? Carly, morning sunshine! I'll check back later and see how you gals are doing

~chrsi

carlytaz
11-12-2005, 04:31 PM
hello,

well Chris, as usual you have been busy busy,,, i have gotten my house all done early today myself.. not to sure how that happened but hey what the heck.. things are looking up when the house is clean by noon,.. right... i even had my supper in the crockpot cooking ... so now i can just relax and have a nice afternoon..

sounds like that recovery thing was very interesting they dont have those kind of things around here.. well maybe they do but i dont belong to a church so i really dont know.. but i havent ever heard of anything like that.. it must be so hard on tiana to have so many worries,, i remember when i was a little girl.. i had those same worries.. its not fun.... but i think you show her how it is to be a kid and have fun and that is a wonderful thing.

well i hope you did good today with you life style change... i bet you did you alway do well.. how many pounds have you lost so far?????

well its not about the pounds its about how you feel.. i bet you feel great..well i will check back later.. have a good one... carly

chrily
11-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Hey Carly, I'm getting there, slow but sure. Since May of last year, I've lost 25 lbs. I'm over a 1/3 of the way to my goal. My mini-goal is to be in size 16 jeans for Christmas...(and comfortably). I think I might take some antibiotics or something. My head is pounding again today. My upper row of teeth are achy too, so I kind of think I may have a sinus infection.

It's cold here today. I'm such a wimp. I don't know what I'm going to do when winter hits. :)

Sorry so short, I better get back out to help Kelly put the shelves up in our shed. Freeze with him, I guess. I'll check back later.

~chris

Laura, where are you???? We would love to hear more from you~! :)
same goes for you Crystal... :)

carlytaz
11-14-2005, 05:30 AM
Goodmorning Chris....

wow 25lbs i am so proud of you... I was doing ok when i first started on here.. but as of the last few months i have totally went backwards... but thats ok.. i will kickstart myself again.. i think we go through these things.. I am actually going to be working from home in the next couple weeks.. so i am hoping to get myself undercontrol then... working on it slowly now... i am sorry you are still feeling sick.. i hope you start to feel better soon.

how are the kids??? did you have a nice weekend...

mine was nice and relaxing... just the way we like it around here..

well I have to get ready for work I will check back later.. have a great day... carly..

chrily
11-14-2005, 09:44 PM
I gave up on feeling better today and downed some allergy medicine. My head feels much better. I'm also totally P.Oed. My laptop is down already. I can't boot up or anything. Kelly is taking it back tomorrow. I could just scream. I don't know what's up with it.

Gotta go. sorry so fast but Nicole is hungry and not feeling good again. So this is my life again.

~chris

carlytaz
11-15-2005, 05:39 AM
hey Chris,

I certainly hope today is a better day for you.. just thought i would pop in and say good morning to everyone.. i will check back later...

take your meds and get your self well.... :)

have a great day...

carly

chrily
11-16-2005, 08:02 PM
Darn it, I know I left a post yesterday...where'd it go??????

ANyhow, I'm feeling better. I still have these darn sinus headaches. I woke up this morning at around 2 am with my head pounding like crazy. My jaw even was hurting. I wonder if I clench my teeth at night.

Not much going on here. My sister came and helped me clean my house so I could get a couple hours of catch up done with my homework. I have one more report to type for keyboarding, my ten-key assignments, my accounting homework, and 2 reports, and all my computer homework. I also have 2 tests and one quiz to take. Some are due on Friday and the rest on SUnday. I'll be busy busy busy...AGAIN. I wonder if all this stress is worth it?

Carly and Laura, I'm trying a new recipe tonight for a crustless pumpkin pie. It's made with Splenda, ff evaporated skim milk, and egg whites. It's around 96 calories per slice. If its a keeper, I'll make it on Thanksgiving. I'll let you know what it turns out like. I'll pass it on to you if its any good.

~chris

carlytaz
11-17-2005, 05:48 AM
Chris,

you probably do clench your teeth.. my friend tina use to do that she had to get a mouth gaurd.. it seemed to work for her. no more headaches

you are always so busy.. you poor thing.. yes probably the stress is worth it when you are all done.. just try not to over do it... try to relax a little..
yes please let me know about that pie... sounds like it should be yummy..

are you having dinner at your house??? this is going to be my first thanksgiving with out mom.. i am starting to get a bit depressed again.. iam trying very hard to be ok for my family... ya know.. today makes seven months since she has been gone.. feels like yesterday to me.. but anyways,,,
i need to get into the swing of things or else nothing is going to be done.. we havent even bought food for thanksgiving yet.. i do hope there will be turkeys left..lol...

anyways, i will check back later.. have a wonderful day.. carly

chrily
11-18-2005, 09:33 AM
Hi Carly, Man I am tired. I worked yesterday, took the kids to dance, and did homework until 1 am. My sister in law was hospitalized yesterday. She is diabetic and had a sore on her foot that wouldn't heal. The infection went into her bones and surrounding tissue so they had to do surgery. Youch!

The pie was yummy. I will forward the recipe to you this evening or tomorrow morning when I get a moment. I have to get the kids ready for school and do some more homework. Story of my life.... ;)

Check back in a bit.

By the way...I'm sorry this is your first Thanksgiving without your mom. Sending some cyber hugs :hug: to make you feel better.

~chris

carlytaz
11-18-2005, 07:36 PM
hey Chris,,,,

oh i cant wait to get the recipe from you if it was that good... you are always so busy... I have been trying to get myself very busy these days..
i am hoping to have a nice thanksgiving.. my husband wants to decorate for xmas this weekend also... i think he is trying really hard to get me motivated ya know..keeping me busy.. he is wonderful like that.. anyways... i think all will be ok... mom would want it that way.. and i always want to please mom.. ya know.. anyways... are you having thanksgiving at home ??? do you do anything traditional??

well have a great night.. carly

chrily
11-20-2005, 12:58 AM
Just a quick note before I take a bath and soak and then pass out.

Nicole has "buggies" again. No one else. I must have missed some nits before. I have no idea. Plus the little honey is sick again. She is coughing, wheezing, vomiting...you name it. So last night, I was up until 3 am with her.

I did finish my business paper tonight and turned in the rest of my computer homework, so I can relax tomorrow. WOO HOO! Naw, tomorrow we are all going out to my sis in law's house to clean it for her. She is in the hospital. She had a very large sore on the bottom of her foot (She's diabetic) and it wasn't healing. Well she has an really nasty staph infection and they did emergency surgery on her foot and had to take alot of the surrounding tissue and some bone out of her foot. So this is going to be a long difficult time for her with no guarantees. She's still in the hospital but she won't be able to do any of the cleaing for herself when she gets out. WE'll help her out as much as we can. Most of the brothers are all going to pick in $150 a month each to cover the wages she lost because she can't work now.

I better go. I'll check back tomorrow. I want to soak and forget this week. Just is one thing after another anymore. TTFN. I'll get that recipe on here tomorrow. You'll have to tell me what you guys do for Thanksgiving traditions and other holiday fun. Night sunshine! :)

~chris

carlytaz
11-21-2005, 05:30 AM
goodmorning,

I am sorry to hear about your sister inlaw... you are wonderful to go over and do all that for her.. as busy as you already are..

your poor little one.. she seems to be ill alot... and its early in the season.... poor her and poor you i hope all gets better i will say a prayer for you.

well we really dont have much tradition around here for the thanksgiving .. just eating alot of food ,, watching the parade and football and if we are up to it we will go and see the christmas lights that have been turned on at the lasalette... its very pretty... but i am sure we are not going to do that this year. yesterday me and my daughter baked... i made 3 pumpkin breads, and an apple pie... she made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and a chocolate pudding pie... and boy did you eat alittle of this and a little of that.. that is why i had stopped baking because all i do is nibble all day.. but hubby asked me to please bake this year.. so i did.. my gram is coming to our house for thanksgiving so that should be nice...

are you cooking at home or going somewhere>???

well have a great day ... i will check in later... Carly

chrily
11-21-2005, 08:21 PM
Hi Carly,
Same thing here...a major food fest! I'm going to try my darnest to behave myself though. I watched a couple shows last night on morbidly obese people and I just wanted to cry. The one gal is such a sweetheart. She had to have gastric bypass surgery. She went from 627 to 398 in the first year, but had numerous infections, suffered malnutrition, etc. The second show was on the Andover clinic who takes in super obese people. Most of the patients show up there weighing over 600 lbs. One guy was 825. I couldn't begin to fathom what they go through and how they got there.

ANyhow, Turkey day is at our house this year. We're getting a fresh turkey from the Hutterite colony. They are alot like the Amish. They have the best turkeys. We watch the Thanksgiving day parade on tv and stuff ourselves and then usually watch a movie or two.

My sis in law might get to go home in a couple days but she'll have to go to the hospital everyday for iv antibiotics and a whirlpool treatment for her foot. She can take antibiotics at home but the ones they want her to take are $1400 dollars for 20 days. (and no that's not a typo). Unreal!!!

I'll end this and post again so you can have the pumpkin recipe.

~chris

chrily
11-21-2005, 08:25 PM
3/4 c. Splenda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. cloves
4 egg whites
1 15 oz. can Libby 100% Pumpkin
1 can fat-free evaporated milk

Mix Salt, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evapored milk.

Bak in preheated 425 degree oven for 15 min. Reduce temp to 350 degrees and bake 40-50 min or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.

I baked it for around 40 min because I think it bakes faster without the crust. YUM YUM YUM!

carlytaz
11-22-2005, 05:53 AM
hi Chris,

wow... that is alot of money... man things are so expensive.. but at least she is getting taken care of.. and that is what counts..

I think i will make that crustless pie tonight..sounds very good..
well tomorrow is my last day at the office... i will be getting my home office all set up tomorrow and friday... I think its going to be a nice change to be home working instead of having to get up and out the door so early.. i know the only thing that is going to be hard.. is the fact that when you have your work around you 24-7 you are expected to do more...lol.. but hey thats ok.. work is work it has to be done.. will just have to learn to balance myself..

anyways,,, tonight i have to clean my house so tomorrow i can finish baking everything and start cutting up some of the veggies to make it easier for thursday morning.. I am hoping for a very nice thanksgiving... I will be spending it with my gram so that is always wonderful...

well have to get ready for work... i will check back later... carly

carlytaz
11-23-2005, 05:13 AM
goodmorning ladies,

well,, today is my last day at the office yippppppyyyyy .... i am hoping this working at home thing is going to work out.. we can only try right.. but at least this will give me a chance come monday to start exercising.. see i am a morning person i get everything done early ... so hopefully i can get that done to..

well i hope everyone has a wonderful day.... and a happy thanksgiving...

carly

chrily
11-23-2005, 01:20 PM
Man, every time we get a new person on here, they disappear. What's up with that???

Anyhow, my sister in law is in bad shape again. Her foot swelled up and turned all red and infected again. They ran some more cultures and tests, but it doesn't look so good. She's been diabetic forever, so they say its a possibility that she will lose her foot. Everyone is really upset but they all have to realize that it is a very big reality when you're dealing with diabetes.

Tomorrow is the big dinner day. I hope I can handle it. Frankly, the kids are already driving me nuts today and I have no idea why. Fighting, screaming, crying. I wanna cry now!

I guess it doesn't help that I'm babysitting either. 3 extras and I'm at my sister's house with nothing to do. Conner will go down for a nap after lunch so then I can get some of my homework done. That's it though. IT's kind of a light homework week too.

Talk to you tomorrow and Happy Thanksgiving!

~chris

chrily
11-25-2005, 05:49 AM
CARLY,
I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday. My internet was down all day. ANyhow, it's 3:45 am here. I'm meeting my sister's at 4:15 to go shopping. I know, I should be sleeping and snoozing but it really is a blast.

Thanksgiving went well. Most of my family stayed until 10 last night. We played Trivial Pursuit, sang karaoke on the Xbox, and got a chance to just relax. It was nice. The kids were good.
WEll gotota go. I'll letcha know how my bargain shopping goes.

~chris

carlytaz
11-25-2005, 06:25 AM
goodmorning,

I am so happy your thanksgiving went so well. mine was nice.. i did over eat.. but what can ya do... i will try to be better today..

i have to start drinking water again. i am hoping i can get into the swing of things now that i am going to be home..

anyways, you go shopping that early ... you are crazy... I think thats great that you and your sisters get up and go... I really wish i had a sister who would want to do that with me... but i have all brothers...lol... well good luck in your bargain hunting i will talk with you later..

carly

chrily
11-26-2005, 11:39 PM
Well yesterday, I ended my day with my sis in law going back into surgery to take more from her foot. She has a couple of different infections in her foot and one is highly resistent to antibiotics, so the only way to remove the infection is to keep surgically removing it. EWWW! We're hoping that is it. If it is, they may let her go home on Tuesday. She still has a long recovery ahead of her. It probably won't be healed until July or August.

Anyhow, on other subjects. I got most of my shopping done yesteray morning. WOO HOO! I also gorged on the food. Then I was still in binge mode today and ate Del Taco. I really need to drink more water too. I haven't been getting enough of that and drinking a ton of diet pop, which isn't doing me any favors either. I need to buckle down and behave. My goal was to be below 190 for Christmas. I would love to be there. Let's get our act together...should we? I'll cheer you on and you cheer me on.

Hummm...the smilies aren't working tonight. What's the deal with that??? OH forgot to confess...my brother made 3 different cheesecakes and brought them over yesterday. The jerk! LOL I had to try them all. Pumpkin cheesecake, Cookies and Cream Cheesecake, and Orange Dreamsicle Cheesecake. There's a few thousand calories. I'll be repenting and feeling guilty for a while.

Okay. I gotta go and get the kids to bed. We decided to go to church with my mom in the morning. If the kids don't go to bed now, they'll be little grizzly bears in the morning.

~chris

MichelleRae
11-27-2005, 10:32 AM
Hey there Chris My dear!!!!!

I figured I really need the help so I'm back again!!

How is school going? I'm about 6 months from graduation and I am soooo excited! As for the weightloss I'm not doing so hot so I'm coming back full force and working my way back in slowly of course I am being lax until the holidays are over. This is the absolute worst time for me to start up again lol.

As for all you other ladies I look forward to getting to know you! :)
Oh yeah, I'm Michelle Mommy to 2 girls Taylor and Teagan I live in Montana I go to school full time and work when I feel like it lol. I have a whole host of medical problems which sometimes makes it difficult for me to lose weight but I'll get the hang of it eventually. :)

carlytaz
11-28-2005, 05:57 AM
Goodmoring ladies,

Well Chris,
you are not the only one who gordged them selves over this holiday weekend.. man i just went crazy... but it was all so yummy....lol.. but anyways,, you are right its time to buckle down.. so i will cheer you on.... lets get going girl... get that water....LOL...

today is the first day i am working at home.. this is going to be different but i am hoping it turns out well... I want to work from home... I have to walk and get my daughter from school and that is over a mile... so that will be the being of my exercise program... I will add to it as i get use to walking that far everyday... i walked to get her everyday but it only averaged a mile walking to and from.. this is a mile both ways... so we will see what happens..

I will make sure i have water on my desk all day.. no more soda...

I would like to lose 5 lbs or so before xmas... we will see... well have a great day i will check back later...

Michelle.... nice to see ya here... you go get some water to....its the beginning of a new day... :)

have a good one ladies.....Carly

chrily
11-28-2005, 07:51 PM
Hey gals...

Carly-My goal is to be in a size 16 by Christmas. That would be around a 7 lb. weight loss. I'm trying. What kind of work do you do anyhow? I don't think you ever told me.

Michelle-Hey fellow Montana gal! Do you have snow too? I haven't seen a post from you forever on this site or the other one. How's Teagan and Tay and Zhaun? Last time I heard from you was after the appendix. I still have 1 1/2 yrs to go with my schooling. I have to go in this week and get an MMR shot for it. Even though I am online, MSU says its state law or federal law that I be current on my boosters. They can put an administrative hold o my registration or my loan disbursement if I don't get the shot. WOO HOO! So excited.

Anyhow, gotta go and eat some dinner. I'll be checking back later. Dinner is ready and Kelly is home.

~chris

carlytaz
11-29-2005, 05:52 AM
Goodmorning ladies,

well yesterday i did really good with the eating and drinking my water and i took my walk to get my daughter all those good things.. but then at about 8pm i had to have ice cream.. i dont know why i work so hard then just say the heck with it... i better start getting more on the ball here.. but all and all i did better then i have been so that is a plus.. trying to keep the positive..

Chris... I am a Processor for a mortgage Broker.. nothing to exciting... I am actually trying to see if i can also work for my old boss .. who is a real estate attorney... trying to get this home office booming ya know..lol... I think it will work out wonderfully once i am all set up.. i am still waiting for my phone lines.. and fax, scanner, copier..yesterday everything was just e-mail.. so it was a little difficult.. but by next week things should get easier..

well have a great day.. I will try and check back later... I know you ladies are going to do great today with the eating and exercise you are my inspiration. keep on keeping on... Carly.

chrily
11-29-2005, 04:46 PM
Well, Carly, I am a lowly candy bagger and press operator for my dad's candy business. Nothing too exciting there. But that's probably where all my weight woes started. LOL

I did really good yesterday. Today has been so-so with eating but I did Pilates with my sister for 1 1/2 hrs. That's got to count for something. I feel like walking a bit still. KInd of have some extra energy built up. I fell on the ice at her house though. Landed flat on my side and on my wrist. It's a little sore. Hopefully it'll go away. Damn the icy driveways. :D

I'm going to work on my ten-key for a bit and get a couple assignments done for keyboarding. After dinner, my 2 sister, my mom, and I are going to make some Christmas ornaments for fun. In a week or so, my mom wants to get together and do some holiday baking.

My SIL may get out of the hospital tomorrow. I hope she heals up now. I know it's going to be VERY slow but ....

Well better go and get some work done. Talk to ya soon.
~hugs,
chris

Michelle-All right girl! You're going to have to tell me what you've been up to lately. ;)

MichelleRae
11-29-2005, 08:19 PM
Hey there Girls!!

Carly thanks for the welcome :) I look forward to reahing my goals with you guys :)

Chris, man that's a bummer about the shot! I didn't have to get one thank goodness because I'm sick of shots!! I only have 6 months to go on my associates so I'm excited about that then I'm going to take the summer off and then start in on my Bachelors! Yeah we got snow today about 3 inches it was a mess too! All the nuts were out driving. So how are you doing with school? Are you enjoying it?

I drank about 1/2 a gallon of water today and I feel good about that but I had 2 pieces of pizza to eat and that was it all day. Darn kids never give me time to take care of myself :)

Hope you all had a great day!

carlytaz
11-30-2005, 06:06 AM
Goodmorning ladies,

well working in a candy factory would do it for me...lol... i can see why its hard to lose weight..I am very proud of you for doing the pilates.. I havent gotten myself to getting that kind of exercise in my day yet. hopefully next week i can do that.. this week is walking to get my daughter and getting this office set up.. I didnt do to bad with the eating yesterday could do much better but hey one day at a time.. i really need to just stop eating the junk i baked for thanksgiving... lol...

I am glad to hear your sister in law is coming home.. I hope she heals poor thing must be so hard on her. my prayers are with her..

Michelle... kids never give us a enough time to take care of ourselves but we learn to work around them...LOL...or try to....an i am thinking just eating 2 pieces of pizza all day is not a good thing...LOL.... but the water was great.. i didnt get that much in me yesterday i will try harder today..

well ladies have a great day .. i will check back later.. carly

MichelleRae
11-30-2005, 03:38 PM
Hey there!!

carly you are right the pizza wasn't a great idea for my only meal of the day but that's how it happened lol oh well, I'll get over it. I am going to start doing pilates again tomorrow is the first day. I'll let you know how it goes :) Hope you have a lovely day!!

Chris, How is work going? It's snowing some more today! I think we're going to get buried this year! Have you got your Christmas tree up yet? We put ours up last week and it just gets me in the mood for the holidays!! This year we went for quality instead of quantity. We got Taylor a new computer of her very own and Teagan got a HUGE dora the explorer doll house set. It has all the furniture and figures included. Then we got them both (to share) a v-smile with 3 games and two controllers so I'm sure they'll love that!

What are your guys' plans for the holidays?

Michelle

MichelleRae
11-30-2005, 07:49 PM
this is a test post, unfortunately I seem to be having some technical difficulties lol

chrily
12-01-2005, 12:06 AM
Hi Carly, Hi Michelle...
I'm playing on my Christmas present right now. I didn't feel like venturing downstairs to use the other computer.

I got my SIL home today. Picked her up and drove around to get her prescriptions filled and her necessary supplies from a few drug stores. We went back out tonight to feed her some din din and change the dressings on her foot. It really doesn't look as bad as I thought. I hope it heals well. She has 2 incisions about 5 in long and a hole still in her foot but at least it's not as big as it was before. It used to be the size of a golfball, and now its only as big around as your thumb. Tomorrow we take her to her podiatrist to do a whirlpool on her foot and make sure its not getting any more infections.

Michelle-We got more snow today. I don't mind the snow...just the temp. BUt of course, it does bring out the idiot drivers. No tree here yet. Hopefully next week. I tried to go for quality instead of quantity...and not so sure how good I did. My main present for Tiana was the Karoake game for the Xbox and the head set. Coli is getting a V-smile too...;) Santa is bringing her a bike for Christmas. Kayla's big present is going to be a dollhouse. She say this one at Costco and she is totally in love with it. They are so hard to buy for... I can't remember...what are you getting your degree in? I plan on getting my associates online and then Nicole will be old enough and in kindergarten. Then I'll be able to do regular classes and get my bachelor's. That is, if I still have enough left in me to want to. It's been hard and a really big challenge but I absolutely love it.

Carly-Get that office set up, woman! And step away from the Thanksgiving goodies.:nono: :drill: :drill: I think we'll all be fine once we get past the holiday season. I hope working from home will be a good deal for you and your family. Did you get any lookers on your house yet?

I'm back to binging here and there though. I've noticed that 2 things happen when I get stressed. I binge and I spend money I don't have. It's like my mind wants to find something to make me feel good and that's what I do. I'm almost thinking some counseling might be a benefit to me. I just don't know how to get the control and maintain it. I can get a prescription for appetite suppressing drugs from the clinic, but I don't want to get used to being on that stuff. My friend took them for awhile and then when she went off them, her hunger response went nuts and she packed it on even more.

Okay, time to go to bed. Morning comes around way too fast for me. I can't handle it....:D

:hug: Hugs to you both and get some sleepies....

~chris

carlytaz
12-01-2005, 05:39 AM
goodmorning ladies,

Michelle.... let me tell ya,, regarding the christmas... I have nothing...lol.. my poor kids will be lucky if they get 1 gift this year.. money is terribly tight... but they will get what it is they want... you know that one gift they really really want... if nothing else.. but my boys have not told me yet... my daughter well she is a book hound... so books it will be she wants the whole set of harry potter books.. me and hubby decided this year not to get each other anything.. but we will fill the stockings... YOU know the dollar store stuff..LOL... but its all good..

Chris... you are always running around like a crazy woman.. busy busy.. how do you ever find time for you.. oh yeah.. you dont...lol...

I am so glad you sil foot isnt as bad looking as you thought... the office is just about all set... I just need to get to staples and buy a fax, copier, scanner .. then i should be really good to go..so far being home i love it.. i get the house clean in the morning .. remember i get up at 4:30.. then i start working about 8.... i have been havnig my dinner in the crockpot by the time i start to work.. I feel like i am being a better wife and mom.. ya know..

no lookers on the house yet.. but thats ok... its just not time for us to sell .. when its time god will get the people here.. i have no worries....

well ladies I hope you have a wonderful day.. i will check back later... keep up the great work.. i know you can do it....Carly.

chrily
12-01-2005, 09:23 PM
This time of year just stinks...the weather has my allergies all in an uproar. I know, I'm strange but when it gets cold and the air pressure changes I get stuffed up and I get super dizzy all the time. That's been my battle for the day. My head is just swimming. I took some allergy pills and now instead of dizzy, I feel al sorts of loopy. :carrot:

I didn't do too bad today as far as food goes. Not spectacular but I didn't totally blow it either. I would exercise but right about now I think I'd fall over and the kids would have to walk over top of me to get into everything.:devil:

I have some assignments to finish so I better scoot. ER is on tonight and its a new episode.

~chris

MichelleRae
12-01-2005, 11:43 PM
Hey girls!!

Carly I know about money being tight :) The only reason I have money to get gifts every year is because I have a holiday bank account and my husband gets his vacation paid out every year in November so I save that for my holiday shopping! I got a whole 8 gifts wrapped today until one of the children got up and tried to peek lol. How was your day?

Chris, I had some assignments due today as well I finished them a few hours ago so I have the rest of the evening to rest and relax :) I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling too well that stinks!! Did you get a new computer for Christmas? How cool! What classes are you taking right now? I'm taking Human Resources Management and IT 300 I like both of them but can't wait for my next block which I think I'm taking financial accounting! Woohoo!!

Okay well I'm gonna watch some television I'll see you guys tomorrow!

carlytaz
12-02-2005, 05:22 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Well yesterday was a strange day for me.. I had to go over to my bosses house and work.. because he has gone away for the weekend.. and at his house the fax works and he has the phone lines set up.. I will be getting all of that next week here at my home.. cant wait.. have to say i was completely uncomfy in someone else's house. I have to go back there today..

anyways, other than that my day was really good. this weekend my daughter wants to decorate for xmas... so i think that is what we are going to do..

my eating wasnt to bad yesterday... but i didnt get enough water.. I will work on that today..

Chris I hope you feel better today.. How is your sil doing?? I am hoping everyday she is getting a bit better.

Michelle.. I think maybe next year... I will take your advice and do a christmas savings.. what great advice.. :)

ok i have to get ready to go to the bosses house so i will catch up with you guys later.. have a great day.... carly

chrily
12-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Today has been my usual run around day. I took Robin in to get the pump inserted in her foot so she can cut down her visits to the doctor. She has this tube inserted in her foot hooked up to a portable vacuum thing. Interesting. I just got back home.

I have to pick up Kayla in a few minutes and try to get my prescriptions filled. Our insurance "requires" us to use a certain pharmacy now or they won't pay for our meds. Switching pharmacies is such a hassle. Something always gets screwed up.

Carly-I personally would feel very uncomfortable working out of someone else's house too. Good luck with that one.

Michelle-My next semester is five classes...Computerized accounting, accounting procedures II, Payroll Accounting, Windows Access, and Records Management. I went in today and got my MMR booster shot so that my registration can go through. OWWWWW! Did you ever quit working? I know you mentioned that Zhaun wanted you to.

I like the idea of a Christmas savings account too. We're making the mad scramble to find enough money for everything again. I'm sick of doing that. Maybe that's what I need to do and then I wouldn't be stressing out so much.

I suppose I better scoot. I have to finish writing my paper and have it turned in by 5. Nicole is getting her pics done at five. She was supposed to do it yesterday but Kelly chickened out and rescheduled her for today. Then I better get some of Microsoft Powerpoint assignments done. I have 24 of those little buggers to do before the 11th. Check back in a bit.

~chris

chrily
12-02-2005, 05:55 PM
Man, now I"m going to be spending my weekend worrying. I got my lab results back today and my liver counts are high again, my CO2 level is very low, and I have some other results out of the normal range. I told Kelly I was feeling off again. I did this a couple years ago. My medicine was causing liver toxicity last time and I'd get dizzy and feel totally off. I've been getting dizzy again for the last few days. I was thinking it was from allergies but now I'm kind of wondering.

It's not a totally dangerous situation, but if my liver counts are off from my current medications for my rheumatoid arthritis, he'll take me off of them until my counts go back to normal. Last time it was 2 months worth of the worst agony. I hurt soooo bad then. I don't really want to repeat it. I think I'd rather go through childbirth again...:)

Janet finally left with her kids and now I'm trying to get Nicole ready for her pictures. I got all my homework turned in. Now this weekend, I can get caught up on all my other junk. Take my Human Relations test, get my notes ready for my Business test and work on some accounting, and do my Powerpoint assignments, and start on my 10-key assignments. Hummm...That's HECKUVA LOT !! (now that I look at it on paper).

better go. Tiana is trying to pick out clothes for Nicole and she keeps grabbing things that are old, too small, or have little stains on them.

~chris

chrily
12-03-2005, 10:21 AM
Ahhh....dizziness semi-explained. I woke up with a stuffed up head and nose and another great headache. Then I did a WATP workout tape. Bet that was good for the ol' headache. All that bouncing around.

Okay, here is a semi-personal question. Does anyone know of a good sports bra with LOTS of support that doesn't have those stupid underwires that dig in to your sides???? I'm in the desperate need for one.

Today is my sit at home and do some homework day. I'm not leaving until I take Tiana to a birthday party for her friend at school. Get some housework done, get some invoices entered in the computer for my dear darling hubby, and lounge. Kayla spent the night out with Robin. They're having their "date" night. My SIL picks up Kayla usually and they go shopping and out to lunch and all sorts of stuff and she usually spends the night, but since she is laid up at home with her foot, they are had a stay in "date". Kayla loves her to death. They have a special little bond. I wish I had one like it with my aunts when I was growing up. I think it's different for Robin because she never had the chance to have children herself, so Kayla, Nicole, and Tiana are her kids.

I'm rambling now. I need to scoot and get some breakfast in me so I can take my medicine. Otherwise I'll be gimping around all week.

~chris

carlytaz
12-04-2005, 12:17 PM
hey Chris,,

as usual you are way to busy for me..

its nice that you sil has that bond with you children.. my kids where never lucky enough to have that..

well me and my daughter brought my gram to a christmas party last night.. it was nice.. a little uncomfortable for me and my daughter but hey we got to spend time with gram.. I think that will probably be the biggest thing she does for christmas this year.

anyways,, i did eat like a crazy person again.. oh well what ya going to do.. such is life right..

well i need to run.. had some things to get done around here.. i will chat with you later.. oh yeah.. its snowing here....

chow for now.. carly

KateGeek
12-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Can another mom join or are y'all full?

chrily
12-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Evening alll....

Kate-Of course you can join! Thre is always room for one more. So tell us a bit about yourself. My name is Chris. I'm a sahm mom in Montana. I have 3 daughters and work for just a bit with my dad and am going to college to get my degree in Accounting Technology. I'm 34, going on 50...These kids are wearing me out. I like to read books for fun, sew, and play on the computer.
I started out weighing 223 and am currently down to 197. I am just dying for the day I will be at my goal weight of 155.

Carly-Sounds like you enjoyed yourself at the party. I don't think we have any parties to go to this year. How awful! Oh well, at least I won't be eating like a maniac. I go to the clinic Friday for my weigh in and my appt. with the dietician.

Michelle-Hey sunshine! How's your half of the state? It's cold, it's snowy, and I have my butt planted in front of the fireplace. Thanks for the upgrade to administrator.

Okay. Gotta go. I guess I should really be getting some paperwork done. It sucks anymore. I feel guilty for relaxing and not be productive.

~chris

carlytaz
12-06-2005, 05:18 AM
hello ladies,

Hi Kate,,, Glad you could join us.

Well yesterday was you usual monday... crazy crazy... but other then that it was great. my boss is finally back from fla.. so that helps.. he has such a great way of talking to people and calming people down..

the eating was ok.. but i still didnt drink enough water so today i will start with the water again.
Chris.. How is your sil???

well have a great day... keep up the great work... i will check back later...Carly

chrily
12-06-2005, 09:20 AM
Carly, My SIL is doing good. The visiting nurse came out and changed the stuff on her foot and serviced her little machine. All is well in foot land I guess.

Man, I had to get an MMR shot on Friday and I did have an immediate reaction to it, so I figured I wouldn't. My arm got sore yesterday and it was tender and itching. I had the BIGGEST hive on my arm. It feels better today, though.

I did okay yesterday until (:devil: ) that stupid boy scout popcorn. I ate some. I was weak. I still didn't go much over my calorie limit though for the day. No exercise though. AGAIN!

Today I'm not sure if I'll get in either. I have a doctor appt. this am. We'll see if he switches me to those high priced drugs. If he does, I hope my insurance will cover most of it. The next level of drugs for me run around $1200 to $1500 every six weeks. OUCH on the pocketbook. If it comes down to having to pay that, I guess I'd have to stay on methotrexate and take the pain.

Better get the kids ready for school.

SEE YA LATER...

~hugs
chris

carlytaz
12-07-2005, 05:40 AM
Good Morning,

Chris I always feel so bad for you for having to take all that med that cost so much.. hopefully eating right and getting your body back in balance with change all that for you.

I am reading The Maker's Diet not sure if you ever read it or not but it is very interesting this man had crohns disease and now he is very healthy I am only part way through the book... but i think i will try to implement some of these principles into my life.. I will let you know it has a section for what to eat and how to balance your meals.. I think when i get to that then i will let you know how it works.it mentions kefir... I have no Idea what that is.. but i will find out..LOL..

yesterday I did ok.. not great but ok... my newest goal is to not eat anything after 7pm.. and only drink water after that time. usually i will have soda or ice tea..

ok well since i babbled on this morning.. I will check back later and see how everyone is doing have great and productive day... carly

MichelleRae
12-07-2005, 11:08 AM
Hey there guys!!

Sorry I was missing in action for a few days I was working on my other site.

Chris, how are you feeling? Have you heard anything from your doctor? I'm worried about you!!

Carly, I've read parts of the makers diet because someone i worked with was reading it. Oh and Kefir is WONDERFUL!! Its a yogurt like drink. you can usually find it in the health section of your store! If you like yogurt you'll love kefir.

Not much here going on just patiently waiting for santa to come! lol Geez I'm such a kid at heart!

chrily
12-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Carly, I never heard of either Kefir or the diet. I am staying inside today and getting some homework done and housework. It's below zero outside and I prefer being warm

Michelle-I like the new site better. Good job! My doctor said my bloodwork is fine. The numbers that were off can be caused by just eating the wrong thing right before the test. He explained it all to me. MY dizziness though, he said if it doesn't get better to go to my regular doc and have my ears checked out. I might have something with my inner ear. It's strange because it only hurts every once in awhile. BUt this morning I woke up with a rockin headache again. My face feels absolutely packed and my nose feels all swollen inside.

I didn't do good at all yesterday. The kids made me about blow and so I took it out on myself and ate. I swear stress is gonna be my diet enemy.

Breaks over. I gotta get back to my homework. I have to take my accounting test tonight. I was going to take it tomorrow but I get my sister's kids for the night. Her husband is out of town on a job for the week.

~chris

carlytaz
12-08-2005, 05:37 AM
Michelle- Thank you for the information... because I would have been going crazy trying to figure out what kefir is... well maybe i will try it.. I do like yogurt.. How are you?? how are the eating habits and exercise going???

Chris- I am sorry you are not feeling well.. I hope today is a better day for you.when my kids get me stressed out i do that eating thing also, I am trying to work on not being an emotional eater..but to date hasnt worked yet..:)
it was pretty cold here yesterday...hopefully today is a little better.

Well I need to get some stuff done before my day starts... I hope you ladies have a great and productive day.. I will check back later.. Carly

MichelleRae
12-08-2005, 08:53 PM
Hey there ladies :)

Carly you'll have to tell me whether you like kefir or not. I love the stuff! Eating habits have been good so far but exercise is sporadic at best lol I promise after the holidays it will be better! lol

Chris I really hope you are feeling better. I get worried about you!! I'm glad that you like the new site design I couldn't find one that I was pleased with but I finally settled on the current format :)

Not too much going on here just getting ready to go to bed. Just finished my homework and the kids are kinda getting settled down lol their a couple of maniacs I tell ya!!

Well off to shower!
Michelle

chrily
12-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Hi gals,
My day is winding down...sort of. I did my day of work, did all my picking up and dropping off of the kiddies, and now I'm just babysitting until 10 tonight. My sis is working and her husband is on an out-of-town job in Missoula.

I still have a headache today. I swear. I wonder if its a sinus infection or if its just my allergies. My doctor called about the x-rays on my foot, but since I wasn't home I'll have to call him back tomorrow to find out if there is anything wrong with it or if I just have a "defective" foot. :D

I sucked on eating today. I started out with good intentions but by the afternoon I was jittery and shaking and then I binged, so obviously, I didn't get enough protein this morning. I dread going to the clinic for my appt tomorrow. I feel like a kid who got an F on their report card and has to show it to their parents. I'm sure you both can relate. I'm gonna go get some more homework done so I can take my tests this weekend and get them out of the way. TTFN...check back in the am.

~chris

carlytaz
12-11-2005, 09:03 AM
hey ladies,

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend.. mine has been ok... need to get some stuff around the house done today.. didnt do anything yesterday.. me and hubby were over my boss' house all day.. hubby is setting up wireless networking for them. and is have a few problems. but he will get them all worked out.

has everyone finished x-mas shopping... not me i have a layaway on for my daughter that is all.. tight year.. but thats ok.. we will get through it.. anyways.. no more complaints..

things are going ok.. in general.. well i will talk with you ladies later have a wonderful day... Carly

chrily
12-11-2005, 11:09 PM
Carly, I still have half of my shopping to do. I've hit a brick wall as usual with trying to figure out what to get everyone. Plus, my luck, I drew my BIL Carl for a present this year. HE is awful to buy for.

Not much happening this weekend. Just preparing for some final exams. We got our Christmas tree up. My husband taped it with the video camera. I was horrified to see my size. I'm definitey kickin it in the bootie from now on and being serious about this. How embarrassing!

I'm going to snuggle down in my bed now. My legs are achy and I'm just tired as all get out. Talk to you guys in the morning...or afternoon.

~chris

carlytaz
12-12-2005, 05:54 AM
Hello Chris,

well we went and found a tree yesterday... it cost 15.00 ... but let me tell ya it looks just a good as the 30.00 dollar trees we usually buy.. i was very impressed.. my kids picked it out together .. first time ever they didnt fight..

me and hubby spent most of the weekend over my boss' house .. hubby was having trouble getting his networking done..
we went out for a bit yesterday and picked up some stocking stuffers for the kids.. still havent gotten there gifts ... my daughters are on lay away which we will get off friday.. then over the weekend.. just go and get the boys stuff.

anyways, its going to be a nice christmas for the kids.. me and hubby are waiting for the new year to do anything for us.. because we are trying to sell the house. we figure lets try and get out of debt ya know.. which really makes us happy.. so anyways.. i have chatted enough i hope you have anice day.. i will check back later..Carly

chrily
12-13-2005, 07:43 PM
Carly, you get up way too early girl. $15 for a tree. Around here, $30 is the cheapest. I would kill for a cheaper tree. Things are pretty tight here too and just got somewhat tighter today. Sears put Kelly on flextime because there isn't any work so he doesn't work until Saturday. Nothing like an extra little money pinch around the holidays.

I did good yesterday with eating and did almost great today, with the exception of the cupcake that smiled at me so I ate it and its cute pink frosting. :D

I'll check back tomorrow. I have some free time coming up. I'm taking my last final test tonight and NO SCHOOL UNTIL JANUARY 16TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband and I aren't exchanging gifts either. We can sort that part out after Christmas when funds might be a bit better.

~chris

carlytaz
12-14-2005, 05:23 AM
Chris- I am so happy to hear that you will have some free time.... you are so busy all the time.. does this mean you might take a little extra care of yourself...

sound like you did good with the eating... I have done so so.. everyday try a little bit harder to do a little bit better ya know.. I have been drinking my water which is a good thing..

exercise is something i just have not gotten myself motivated to do... I use to love to exercise some years ago.... wish I never gave it up ... but i did so when i start again... its going to be a big chore ... but i believe well worth it..

well have a great day... i will chat with you later.. Carly

chrily
12-14-2005, 10:57 PM
Carly, other than working today, I have enjoyed my time off so far. I actually read a REAL book on my breaks today instead of a textbook. Hows that for an accomplishment????

I did good with eating today except for del taco. Hubby wanted to meet for lunch so that is the only toxic crap I put in my body today. I did good at dinner and for breakfast so hopefully that evens its out.

Next on my list of fun is to figure out and stay focused on getting some exercise. Not my strong point. Like my avatar says, I am an chronic exercise avoider. :D

I better get the kids to bed. I have to work tomorrow and I'll be standing all day in the printing room. So I need to get some extra rest. Talk to you tomorrow.

~chris

carlytaz
12-15-2005, 05:37 AM
Goodmorning ladies,

Chris- I am happy that you finally had time to do something that you really enjoyed..you didnt do to bad with the eating ... i did very poorly... yesterday was just a sugar day.. ya know.. someone brought me chocalates for the holidays... them i recieved some little cake things... was a really really bad eating day... hopefully i can get better today.. but the holidays are almost here so after that.. i think will make things easier on us... I know we should have will power but i just dont...lol...

anyways.. I have been drinking water though...

jesdenm its very nice to have you come join us... so what is your healthy life style like... as you can see mine needs some work...LOL...

have a wonderful day ladies.. keep up the great work.. Carly

chrily
12-15-2005, 09:15 AM
Hey Christine, welcome! Of course you can jump in. I have to get ready for work, otherwise I would do my LOOOONNNNGGG introduction for ya. ;) But anyhow, my name is Chris (short for Christina). I'm a mom to 3 girls: ages 12, 6, and 3.

Carly,
Step away from the chocolate...The holiday season has got to be the worst. Try eating more protein. I am sooo serious. It really works good. I haven't even craved candy for the last couple days.

Ooo...gotta get to work. Talk to you both later this evening.

~chris

carlytaz
12-16-2005, 05:37 AM
Hey Chris....

I know you are right ... everyone has been saying eat more protien... I guess that is what i will do... I have been drinking my water thats a plus...

well have a great day... will chat with you later... Carly

upswife
12-16-2005, 08:53 AM
Hi all~do you mind if I join your little group?

Here some info about me~I am 27yo I have three Kiddies (5yo son, 3yo daughter and 2yo daughter). I have been trying to lose weight for about a little over a year. I lost track a little over the summer, but I have recommitted myself at the end of november. I am counting calories and trying to exercise at least three days a week. I am also trying to drink between 64-96 oz of water a day. Oh, I work part-time too, so that can mess up my eating a little.

YOu seem to be a great bunch of ladies. :carrot:

chrily
12-16-2005, 10:53 PM
I'm assuming upswife means your married to a UPS man? Or am I wayyyy off.

ANyhow, Welcome! I'm Chris, mom of three girls (12 yrs, 6 yrs, and 3 yrs). That's enough to keep my hands full and nerves shot. LOL. I also work part-time for my dad (in a candy warehouse). That's some of my problem. I also have rheumatoid arthritis. It's under control but its always there and ever present in my life. Sorry I did post sooner but my computer would not let me on the site. Darn thing!

Carly, Hey girl! Serious...eat more protein. Way to go with the water...(too you too, upswife). I have such a hard time getting enough in a day. I know I need it too. Way too much. I guess I'll have to get the ol water bottle out and make sure I drink at least 6 of them a day.

I gott check on the rest of my junk on the computer. I need to see if any of my grades have been posted yet. Talk to you tomorrow. Hopefully I can get on earlier than I did today.

~chris

chrily
12-16-2005, 11:14 PM
I GOT ALL A'S!!!!!!!!

just thought you'd want to know. I'm soooo happy!

~chris

upswife
12-17-2005, 04:46 PM
Chris~Congrats on all A's and yes I am married to a UPS man. I am a ups widdow at this time of year though. He worked between 12 and 16 hours a day all week and he is gone today for some special sort(the last Sat b4 the holidays). This next week is going to be brutal.

But, on the better side of things, I made my christmas goal a week early!:woo: Now I just have to make sure I keep it off.:rofl: I am done shopping except for DS's teacher, but I know what I am goin to get her, I just have to stop and pick it up. Now I have to wrap everything. Wish me luck I am aiming to have it all wrapped tonight after the kiddie go to bed.:crossed:

chrily
12-17-2005, 05:39 PM
UPS-I envy you. I still have shopping to do and nothing, absolutely nothing, is wrapped. One job I wouldn't want right now is to be a ups man or a postal worker. No way. I can't imagine putting in that many hours in a day. BTW-I'm not prying or anything..I hope...but what's your first name?

I'm so bad this year. I just have a hard time getting in the mood this year. Things are so hectic and nothing seems to be getting done. Its just so chaotic and I really hate that amount of discorganization. My house is a virtual disaster area...and I mean a big one. The girls' bedrooms are cleaned up but that's about it. I'm supposed to be folding some clothes right now but I'm working up the enthusiasm for that. I hate laundry...and the laundry monster is huge around here with 5 people.

I probably have procrastinated enough. Back to getting it done. Check back with you later.

~chris

upswife
12-18-2005, 11:25 PM
Chris~ wow what a coinkidink I HATE laundry and I am always doing it. But I came from a bigger family (6kids and mom and dad~ 8total) So doing it for my family of 5 does not seem as bad as that was. ;)

I did get most of the gifts wraped, but I ran out of paper, so tomorrow morning I am going to run and get the teacher gift and more paper so I can be finished by tomorrow night. :yay:

Today was not good, but tomorrow is another day. Have to run so I can get some sleep so I can get up before the kiddies so I can exercise.

~BTW My name is Ellen~I added it to my sig

carlytaz
12-19-2005, 05:35 AM
Goodmorning Ladies,

Hello Ellen,
I'm Carly,,, Mother of 3, 19yr son, 17 yr son and 13 yr Daughter... I work fulltime at home finally yeah.. no more leaving first thing in the morning to go to the office... I am thinking for me the 1st of the year is when i will really get into the swing of this taken care of me thing...lol.. I have been trying for a couple months but have had some road blocks... but i am doing a bit better these days.. so its looking up... well its very nice to have you join us.

Chris.... way to go Girl... all A's you are just to perfect... told you, you are my hero... I am so proud of you.. well i need to get going and get some stuff done before my day beginnings.. I will check back later.. have a wonderful day... Carly

chrily
12-19-2005, 08:21 PM
Evening Carly and Ellen,
Just a quick fly by for me. I'm on my way out the door to get the rest of the Christmas shopping done.

I flopped so bad today with my eating. But I'll tell you guys about that later.

~chris

carlytaz
12-20-2005, 05:24 AM
hey Chris...

Dont beat your self up about dont doing so well... its so hard this time of year to stay on track.. believe me i know... i have been doing horrible.. but thats ok.. the first of the year is coming and then i will being again.

How are you Ellen... How did you do yesterday???

ok.. ladies i need to get going ... I have a report to get out this morning I will talk with you two later.. have a great day and keep up the great work... carly

upswife
12-20-2005, 09:12 AM
Carly how are you doing? I did pretty well yesterday. DH got home by 1:30pm so we did some running around together. We tried to get his passport, but we could not get the picture done before the passport office closed. Too many picture Christmas cards. Food wise yesterday was not too bad. Idid find a bakery right around the corner that has the best baklava I have ever had! I think I am going to get some to bring to the family party. All in all I had about 1350cal yesterday. Not too bad,but not really good either. I did drink 96 oz of water, I think that has been helping so much. I only got a little exercise in, about 20-25 mins. All my Christmas running around is done all I have left to do is wrap 2more gifts. YAY

Chris~Don't worry too much about what you did yesterday. Start anew today and you will feel better. I hope you got all your shopping done!

I have to go to work today :( Have to run see you alll later

chrily
12-20-2005, 09:53 PM
Hey guys, just a short post for you. I have my sister's kids tonight too. She works until 10 and her husband is out of town so she needed a sitter.

I was doing okay until a while ago. My stomach is just nauseous. I'm probably coming down with a stomach bug. My baby nephew was sick today..throwing up. I was over there and walked around rocking him. He laid his head on my shoulder and was just feeling awful. Anyhow...Nicole was sick on Friday, Kayla was sick yesterday...so I guess maybe its my turn.

I didn't do too bad with eating today and I told my sisters they had better stay on me after the holidays and keep me out of the crap food and make sure I exercise. What do I get? "But Chris, you can hand out some nasty looks..."

I'm gonna go before I feel any worse. Talk to you tomorrow. I have to take my SIL to some doctor appts and help my sister clean up her house before her MIL flies in tomorrow.

TTFN
Chris

I know...I'm too busy...:D

carlytaz
12-22-2005, 09:00 AM
Hello ladies,

well I have done ok the with the eating thing yesterday ... I did drink my water so thats good.

tonight i have to go out and finish my xmas shopping and do food shopping or we will have no xmas dinner... all and all things are ok..

Chris I hope you are feeling better...

well i have to get some work done ... talk to you later.. Carly

upswife
12-22-2005, 11:18 AM
Hi ladies, My week has nto been too bad foodwise, but exercise has been non existent. I don't know what has gotten in me~ I just can't move these days. Too much other things going on. DS os on break from school and the girls are just so happy to have him home to play with. Have a great day ladies!

Ellen

carlytaz
12-23-2005, 07:58 AM
Hello ladies,

Well Ellen you are not alone... I have such trouble with that exercising thing.. but the 1st of the year i am going to start anew.. I have gain about 15lbs since march but mostly started packing on the pounds in July when I stopped smoking everyone said it'll be ok.,. you will drop the pounds.. well between stop smoking and being depressed... the pounds are just piling up.. but the 1st is a new year... I have decided that 2005 is a wash... i just want to forget about it.. I am so hoping 2006 will be a more joyous year for me and my family.. I know my mom would want it that way.. so that is my plan..

any good advice on where to start would be greatly appriciated...

Chris are you Feeling Better????
have a great day... Carly

chrily
12-23-2005, 10:26 AM
Morning ladies...
I'm back. I've just been so busy and completely tired out. I have to leave (Again) in a little while to take my SIL to her doctor so they can check her foot for infection and get her all set up for the week. I still have 2 more gift cards to get and I just am runnng out of steam.

Nicole woke up sick..again. A never ending cycle in this house.

Carly-I gained weight when I quit smoking a few years ago too. I'm not sure if it really has anything to do with smoking itself or the fact that your hands and mind aren't preoccupied with the cigarette. Did I say that right?

Ellen-I too have been off the exercise routine for a bit. After Christmas, things will settle down and I am going to make sure I get some exercise any way and every day I can. I think exercise is the hardest thing for me to get used to.

Are you both ready for the holiday? We're supposed to go to a Christmas service at the church tonight but I suppose that depends on how the family feels. Tomorrow night, we spend with my dad. Then Christmas day is with my MIL and SIL (Robin). BUsy BUsy BUsy....

Have a great rest of the day. And don't fret over your eating too much or not exercising.

~chris

upswife
12-23-2005, 11:58 AM
Ok let me try this again (DD erased my last post)

Carly and Chris~Thank you so much for your support. It is good to know that others are having a hard time exercising too. My mom has been able to go everyday this month. (I wish I could) My problem is not with exercising itself, It is with finding the time to get it in without my kiddies getting in the way. I usually have to get up 1.5hrs before they do just to get it in.

I also had a hard time when I quit smoking last year (only lasted 6mos) I was exercising 4 days a week and it still was not coming off. This time around has been a little better, but I am not sure what I am doing different. I think I am watching what I am eating alot more! So I am more aware of the calories going in. I will start the "New Year" routine next week. Dh should not have to work so many hours, so I will have a little more help with the little ones!

I am not sure if I will be on before Christmas. so have a happy and safe Holiday. :xcheer:

upswife
12-23-2005, 03:04 PM
IT was so nice out today, 40F, I took the kiddies for a walk. We went 2mi. THe girls were a little tired, but I did not have to carry anyone!

chrily
12-23-2005, 04:48 PM
Woo HOO! Way to go Ellen! It is so windy here. It's 50 degrees but who wants to get blown away. Glad you got to go for a walk. :)

I got my shopping done, and now its working on cleaning my house for the rest of the day and babysitting my neice and nephew. My sister and her husband attempted to go shopping with them but as is the way of the little short people ;) they drove their parents nuts. So here they are...relaxing at my house.

I still have to buy some groceries for dinner on Sunday but I can get that done later.

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

~chris

carlytaz
12-27-2005, 05:44 AM
Goodmorning Ladies,

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas,.. mine was very nice. but know its time to start getting back into real life...

Well I just jumped on to say goodmorning and hope everyone is doing well.. I will check back a little later.. and just to let you know i did horrible with my eating and drinking water.. but i am going to start again... still have a fews days before the new year...LOL....

have a great day ladies...Carly

upswife
12-27-2005, 10:29 AM
Hi all! I did not gain after the BIG party at my Aunt's house on Sat. but I had my Parents and brothers and sisters here for Christmas day (very relaxed whew) and did not keep a good eye on what I was eating so I gained a pound, but I know I am much better off.

DH hwas home yesterday and he took us out for breakfast, then we went bowling. Then we went back to my parents and fixed my mom's computer. Dad made spagetti (whole wheat) then we went home and put the kiddies to bed. I know I gained hte weight because I did not get enough water in the last two days. So I am going to push the water today and see if I can make up for the gain. I need to start exercising again. DH should be home early so I will try to get some in a little later. Have a great day Ladies! :cp:

chrily
12-27-2005, 10:58 AM
Morning (yawn)
Christmas went okay. I didn't gain anything. Thank God! Kayla was sick Christmas Day so it was kind of laid back. She's been down for the last 3 days now so we spent most of it at my MIL's house and then came home.
Now its time to get my life back in order along with my house. The aftermath of Christmas...
What did Santa bring ya? Nothing here, but my hubby bought me some sweatshirts, a king-size plush fleece blanket and some Tinkerbell jammies. The kids made their usual haul. We have such a large family to deal with. Grandparents, aunts. We cut down on the number by drawing names but they still get a load. Tiana's dad (now on my death list :D ) bought her an electric guitar-and an amp...Wasn't that just the nicest gift? (NOT)

Gotta go, this house isn't gonna clean itself and I have to take Tiana for her pulmonary test at 2. They want to check and see if she needs her meds changed for her asthma. Talk to you soon.

~chris

carlytaz
12-28-2005, 09:14 AM
Goodmorning Ladies,

Well for the past couple days i havent felt to good... this cold is kicking my butt.. but it will go away... me and hubby got the house back in order on monday.. tree out the door decorations packed away... everyone laughs at me because i get everything done usually the night of christmas or the next day... I just cant stand having everything hanging around after that... anyways... i am so proud of both of you... you did great for the holiday season. me not so good but thats ok... I have been working on putting this 20lbs on since march..LOL.... but i will start taking it off in january.. The year 2005 has been just not so good for me.. but i am trying to look forward to 2006... anyways,, I hope you ladies have a great day.. i will check back later.. Carly...

chrily
12-29-2005, 10:46 PM
Sorry I haven't checked in...my computer wouldn't load the pages for 3fc. Grrr. We cleaned out our closets in the bedroom. We're going to tackle our rooms one at a time and get some of this clutter outta here.

I haven't done too bad for my eating and I actually exercised yesterday. I set the alarm to exercise today but the alarm went off and I was passed out again in less than 5 minutes. I am not into mornings.

Kayla is finally starting to feel better. She's been sick since Christmas Day. I am sure she had the flu. She was vomiting, headaches, fever, coughing, stuffy nose, and congested chest. Classic symptoms huh>

Carly, hope you're feeling better. And Ellen, you haven't checked in for a couple days either. Hope things are going well with you. Check in and let me know how you gals are.

~chris

carlytaz
12-30-2005, 06:29 AM
Goodmorning,

Well I am feeling a bit better ... we had some cold thingy go through my house.. cant call it the flu and cant call it a cold... very strange... kicks your butt though... but anyways i am feeling better and going to start drinking my water again.

I am going to try and fit in some exercise this morning lets see how that works.

Chris.. sounds like you are doing wonderful.... just try not to hit the snooze button...lol...

Ellen.. where are you>??? hope all is well??

have a great day ... carly

upswife
12-30-2005, 10:06 AM
Sorry Ladies, I have not been in in a while. I have had this cold/??? and it has really wiped me out. Plus DH and I found out that the engine in our truck was dying and we had to get a new car. I have not been good at all and I am just getting down on it. I am hoping next week will be better. DS goes back to school so I have to get up anyway, so it will make it easier to get the exercise in. Well I have a busy day of cleaning to do~We are having a couple of friends over for New years eve.

chrily
12-30-2005, 12:34 PM
I didn't hit the snooze button this morning...I slept until 9:45!:o I never get to to that but it felt soooo good.

I have a bunch of cleaning to do today too. Kelly is sick but he went to work anyhow. If he misses 3 days in a 90 day period, they get written up. This would have been his 3rd day, so he braved it and went. God knows, I won't have. He's got "the works" and he says his body is just killing. Plus they gave him an out-of-town route today. THe jerks!

Just had to stop in before all the "festivities" for the day start. I get the pleasure of going to the clinic to pick up a card for Tiana so I can get a discount on her new inhaler. Go to the pharmacy. And then go to post office to mail my brother in law's Christmas present. Yep, I know...it's very late. I'll blame that on Kelly. Then he threw the address away for me so I have to call my Mother in law and get it again.

Check back later...

~chris

2CMEAGAIN
12-31-2005, 06:48 AM
Hi!
I saw your group & wondered if it's too late to join in.
I'm just getting started.
I'm getting a divorce & piling the pounds on.
I need a support group.
I have 3 boys.I have 2 pug dogs.
I'm not sure which program I will be following.I have Richard Simmons dvds,a month supply of nutrisystem meals & WW tools.I just need to get started!
That's my story in a nutshell.
Angie

chrily
12-31-2005, 10:59 AM
Hey Angie, of course you can join in. THe more the merrier. My name's Chris. I'm a 34 yr old mom of 3 girls. They keep me busy. Sorry to hear of your divorce. That has got to be one of the hardest things to go through. When I got divorced from my first husband, I just wasn't me.

We'll do anything we can to help you. I have some Richard Simmons dvd's too. I love his stuff. I also have the Walk Away the Pounds dvds. I love those too. Exercise is my hardest thing. I have rheumatoid arthritis and my feet have a tendency to kill on most days. Don't get me wrong, I can exercise,just can't do too strenuous of exercise. I don't do too bad. I am currently working with a weight loss doctor at the hospital. I've been hovering around the same weight for a year and I'm trying to get the rest of it off of me. I have been kind of lax about it...AGAIN! I'm working out the kinks of it all and hopefully soon, will have it all under control.

Glad to have you aboard. Post as much as you want every day. I check in here a few times a day, except on Monday and Thursday when I work. TTFN.

~chris

Hi Carly....and Ellen....Wake up you two!!!!!

carlytaz
12-31-2005, 11:07 AM
Goodmorning Ladies,

Ellen... Sorry to hear you are not feeling well... Hope all is better today.. I am starting anew on monday... myself.. i totally fell off the wagon the last couple months as you know.. so starting monday back to real life... its a new year and hopefully a new me.. ya know..

chris... sorry Kelly is sick.. its just going around... hope all is well soon in your house also.. you are my hero i think so far you have done the best through the holidays... keep up the great work..

Angie... glad to have you join us... we try to support each other and get each other motivated... we all slip and fall.. but we seem to get right back up and get going.. well they do... me as of lately have really been off the wagon.. but that is all about to change these ladies will kick my butt into shape:lol: ... they dont let you get away with to much...:) ..so if its a group of support you are looking for well i think you came to the right one..

well everyone have a healthy and happy new year... Carly

upswife
12-31-2005, 05:08 PM
Welcome Angie! These ladies offer a ton of support.

I did not do to badly, but Monday I WILL exercise.;) catch you all later

chrily
12-31-2005, 05:48 PM
I've been doing great with eating today. I haven't exercised yet but I've been cleaning since this morning. I got the tree down, the decorations all put away, the living room put back in order, the kitchen cleaned and Nicole's room organized along with 4 loads of laundry...and I cleaned out my Tahoe.

I think that may count for some exercise. :D I swear...this will never end. My sister called this morning, and her little boy is sick and running a fever. She had Tiana overnight with her daughter...so I guess our house has been exposed again....ARRGGHHH!

I better figure out what the dinner plans are for our New Year's Eve night. Thanks for all your support and I'll check ya in a bit.

~chris

upswife
12-31-2005, 10:16 PM
Sorry your house seems to be sick. There are some very nasty colds going around lately. (I saw a ton today at work) Quiet night here. Jusn me and DH maybe we will have some wine. Catch you all in '06 :p

chrily
01-01-2006, 02:33 PM
Happy New Year! We rung in the new year watching THE RING 2. How's that for fun.

Ellen-So you didn't have little kiddos for New Year's Eve? What did you do?

I always wish for time alone but when my girls aren't around its just too darn quiet and then I get missing them. Sick, huh? ;)

I think I may join a health club with my sister this year. Kelly says its okay and my sister is already signed up and wants someone to work out with. Her husband joined but he says they can't work out together. He says its embarrassing to watch eachother bouncing around and looking all sweaty. What a weirdo? Naw, I can see his point. I won't do my exercise tapes with Kelly around either.

Gotta go. My brother's plane lands in 20 minutes and I have to pick him and his wife up. Then, me, Tiana, and my mom are going to check out the fabric store. I have a $50 gift card to play with...:D

~chris

carlytaz
01-02-2006, 07:43 AM
Hello Ladies,

Well it sounds like everyone had a nice new years... mine was ok.. but let me tell ya all i did yesterday was nothing... hubby took yesterday and watched football all day and i was in our bedroom and watched chic flicks all day .. this is something we never do.. so it was wonderful.. he cooked dinner roast, potatoes and veggies.,.. it was yummy... I did drink water so thats a plus and i didnt have anything chocolate...yipppppyyyy for me because that was turning into one of my 3 meals aday...:lol:...

well its time to get back to real life ... I am going to exercise today i will let you know how i do.. and i plan on cleaning and being very careful with what i eat... I figure if i can stop smoking for 6 months so far... then hey i can do this ... control control control.. and with you guys kicking my butt how can i go wrong...

Chris.. the gym sounds like a great Idea... I use to walk with my gram everday at 5am we would walk about a mile... then at 7 am my friend would come over and we would do aroebics for 35mins... and i always watched what i ate... I was a size 4 and thought i was it...lol... but then life went crazy and i gained all this weight.. but if i could do it then i can do it know.. just need to get the movitation and that is where you ladies come in to play... lets go girls.... get the excitment going...lol... thanks for being so supportive... have a great day.. Carly

upswife
01-02-2006, 11:16 AM
The kidddies were behaving very well before bed, and then they went to sleep without too much of a problem. So, They were here, but they were so good it was easy to think they were not there. :D But they did have some fun. DH went to Dunkin' Donuts and got them a box of munchkins.

Yesterday was good too. Went to Church in the AM then went to a friends house for a PJ party. THe kids love it they all get to run arround in their pj's and have fun. Then guys all watched football and the ladies chatted upstairs. I had one sandwich and a little pasta salad. I drank 128oz of water(I just kept refilling my bottle) I did go a little nuts with the cookies, but not too bad~there were still some left over when we left. Have a great day Ladies!!

chrily
01-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Afternoon, I got off work early because there is just nothing to do there. The kids went back to school today..definitely alot quieter that way.

I'm working on keeping my eating in check..so far so good. I'm going to see if my sister will go with me to sign up at the health club tomorrow. I'm still intimidated by the whole thing...kind of creates flashbacks to gym class. I may have been skinny then, but the horror of gym shorts and not being athletic have scarred me for life..:D

I better check all my email and then find something constructive or productive to do.

~chris

upswife
01-02-2006, 10:44 PM
Hi all! Very busy these last couple of days. Tomorrow is no Exception. 2 appts for 2 different cars and an eye doc appt (for me:() DH and I took the kids to Chuckie CHeese's today. They all had a blast. I ate pretty well 1370cal hopefully I will get back into my routine and get up early on Wed b4 DS goes to school and get my Exercise in. DH has been home he is off today and tommorrow, so I know I will not beable to start my routine with him home.

Chris I found that going to a all ladies "gym" like Curves really helped my fear. I don't know if I could be comfortable exercising with guys around (I would think they were all thinking "look how big she is" and not be able to get anything done) But having done a all ladies gym I am more comfortable know that they are all htere because they just want to be fit and are not concerned with how other people look. Good Luck! I would still be a member, but the fees were a little more than our budget would allow.

carlytaz
01-03-2006, 05:58 AM
Goodmorning Ladies,,,

Well I am happy to say... I got up at 4:45 and exercised... Yippppppyyyy for me.... it was only 20 minutes but hey that was great for me... and i also already had an 8 oz glass of water.... starting out on the right track.. I will keep it up... figure if i am just totally positive about the whole thing it will happen.. I think i will have eggs for breakfast.. I dont have to much food in the house so its going to be hard to find healthy choices but i will do the best i can.. wish me luck.. this is the beinging of a great year for all of us.. any and all motivational advice is always welcome..

get up, get moving, drink that water.... thanks for your support.. have a great day....Carly

chrily
01-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Today is the day for me. I'm going to join the health club where my sister has a membership. I'll at least have someone to work out with. She may be a skinny mini but I won't feel so conspicuous because she is about the most uncoordinated person you'd ever see. What's important is to get moving, right?

I just need to buck up and get over my insecurities. I've done good with my calorie intake. I've kept it right at my calorie limit or below a bit. I feel much better and not quite so bloated. And like Carly, I have been drinking a ton of water. I'm trying to refrain from drinking diet soda. I read an article in a book that said caffeine in diet pop can trigger your body to release more insulin. I don't need that.

Way to go Ellen and Carly! It's great to see everyone starting the new year off on the right foot. Carly-Eggs aren't bad for you. They are an excellent source of protein. :)

~chris

chrily
01-03-2006, 06:42 PM
I did it! I did it! I am an official member of the Billings Athletic Club. I have my orientation tonight and my first session with a personal trainer. Jennifer (my sister) and I are going together tonight.

I'll let you all know how it goes. It was so cool. The owner is the neatest gal, and she is like me. She has arthritis too. She says I'll get alot of benefits out of all this. She said she felt so much better when she started exercising with her arthritis. I'll be loving this, I bet!

~chris

carlytaz
01-04-2006, 05:54 AM
Hey Chris...

you are so excited... congrats.. its always wonderful when you find someone who knows a little bit of what you are going through.. she will know how much to push you.
Kudos for me again... i did my 20 minutes and 8oz of water... cant believe I am doing this before my first cup of coffee... but it does feel good to have some routine begining.. my body is a bit sore but i knew that would happen.. but in about a week it will be ok..I just cant wait for all the energy i will have once my body gets use to this.. I remember back when, when i exercised all the time... I had so much energy and felt so good.. that is what i think about just before i go to bed i think it helps get me ready to get up and exercise..lol...

anyway. I hope you had a great work out chris...keep up the great work..

Ellen ... I hope all is well with you..

Have a great day... Carly

chrily
01-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Our session with the trainer went well last night. I think we are going again tomorrow night. I'll have to ask Jen. TOday I went to Janet's house and did 1 hour of pilates with her. Two days in a row...wow!

I gotta go. Sorry so short. We didn't make it to my MIL's house for dinner and her birthday..so tonight we go. Talk to you tomorrow.

~chris

upswife
01-04-2006, 09:30 PM
Hi CHris and Carly! YOu two sound like you are doing great! I have not been too bad, just a little stressed out. I have not exercised since before Christmas, and I don't think I can fit it in until next week. :(

My Mom and sisiter are leaving for down under tomorrow and I have my 2brothers and 1 sister for the next 3.5 weeks. Ages 11-2.5yrs I am hoping to get a good routine in place by next week so that life will be easier on all of us.

I did not do to badly today. I overdid a little with dinner, but I did not know what time I was getting the kids so we oredered pizza. I could have done worse, I wanted more, but I stopped and feel good about it now. I got my water in and will try to be better tomorow. DH and I are going food shopping tomorrow so I will have better choices around the house.

I think I finally have all the little one's down. I have to run and get some rest.

carlytaz
01-05-2006, 05:46 AM
Goodmorning Ladies,

wow.. Ellen you sound very busy for the next 3.5 Wks.... why dont you try to have the kids join you with you exercise routine... i did that with my daughter when she was about 3... it wasnt always the best exercise sessions but at least i would get a little in daily... just a suggestion.

I still dont have the eating thing down to well.. but I havent had Chocolate in a week.. so that is a plus all by its self... when i go food shopping i will get better choices in the house.. I think if I just go low fat eating.. that is what i did before... I should do ok... it is so nice to come on here and tell you what i am doing ... because i feel accountable now...
so my exercise today was.. dont laugh.... bellydancing... ok so it was funny i am not all that cordinated... but hey this is the year of try new things...

Chris... great work out... I havent gotten to an hour of anything yet... 20 minutes max at the moment.. but next week i am going to push it to 30.. but these 20 minute sessions have my body talking to me so I think that is good for this week..

Thank you so much for all your support and incouragement...

Have a great day and keep up the great work....,.Carly

upswife
01-05-2006, 11:17 AM
Carly I tried that with my kids alone and it was a mess. I really don't have the room for them all to move around with me. I think we are all going to go for a walk this afternoon. everything else is going pretty good so far!

chrily
01-07-2006, 10:56 AM
Sorry for being MIA. I had work on Thurs and my doctor appt yesterday morning. I weighed in with a 2 lb loss.

Wed. I did pilates with my sister and Thurs. night my other sister and I went to the gym and did 1/2 hr. on the life circuit and 1/2 hr. on the treadmill. Too much going on yesterday, so I didn't get much in. I figured all the walking I had to do to get my errands done counts for something.

Hope you all are having a good day. I better go and get some breakfast in my tummy and get my day going.

Check back later...

~chris

carlytaz
01-09-2006, 05:20 AM
Hello,

Sorry I didnt check in over the weekend.. I am not sure what happens to me when the weekends roll around... I have noticed I dont do a whole lot and eating and exercising goes straight out the window.. well those things are going to change... will power.... life has been a little crazy around here but not bad... its getting better everyday..

I will exercise this morning and drink my water... Have a wonderful day.. Keep up the great work you guys are doing wonderful...

God Bless
Carly

upswife
01-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Busy busy weekend. Today is good so far. I exercised this am and I am feeling great. Check in later.

chrily
01-09-2006, 07:37 PM
I lost another pound! Praying that it doesn't find its way back to me.

Just flying by to say hi. I have to get some dinner going for the family and then its off to the gym with my sister. I'll check back later.

~chris

carlytaz
01-10-2006, 05:29 AM
Hello,

Well yesterday I exercised for the 30 minutes like i said i would.. yippppyyyyy. I am very proud of myself in that respect.. but my eating I dont know what is going on with me... but i am slowly working on that.. other than that things are going ok... I did ab work out yesterday and today.. I know it... means its working right...:)

Well not to much is going on around here... we lowered the price of the house to see it any one will want to come and see it... if it doesnt do something now.. then we are going to wait for another year or so to try again.. the Market has gotten pretty slow.. but it is winter... well have a great day.. I will talk to you guys later..

I am very proud of both of you... keep up the great work...

I have to buy a scale... Carly

upswife
01-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Chris congrats on the pound!!!

Carly great job exercising. I also got some in, but ate too much bread at dinner. Today is off to a great start, let hope I don't have to work late.

chrily
01-10-2006, 11:15 AM
Carly, winter is a hard time to sell a house. I've been watching some around here and it seems like even the houses in good neighborhoods are on the market alot longer than they used to be. Don't get discouraged...it'll sell. Hey, congrats on getting some exercise in. Bet that felt good!

Ellen-Good job on getting some exercise in too. I lucked out (sort of) with having a yeast allergy so I can't eat bread, pizza, donuts, etc. I love the smell of it still though. Very intoxicating....;)

Well I went to the gym last night with my sister and her husband. We did the life circuit 2 times. I am sore. I think tomorrow night, it'll be one set for me. My body just isn't quite ready for that yet. I really enjoy the feeling of a good workout though. I've never really felt like that before so I'm loving it.

Today is errand running. I have to go to the bank, go to Walmart, help my sister babysit all the young uns' and get Tiana to dance. But before all that, I need to get my laundry put away. My hubby got a Neptune washer for us and laundry does go a lot faster. You can fit more clothes in the washer than a standard washer and then it spins them out so well, you don't have to dry them as long. I tell ya, my laundry room floor has never looked so clean. :D I suppose I should get on with it and finish writing out the deposit slips. Check back later.

Let's all have an excellent on-plan day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~chris

carlytaz
01-11-2006, 05:13 AM
Hello Ladies,

Chris... you sound like you are doing so good... congrats... all that hard work is paying off... good for you.. and in regards to the house I know it will sell... its just hubby is ready to go now... ya know.. he would just like a new start already... but in time..

Ellen.... congrats on getting the exercise in... I have not been doing well with the eating thing but getting the exercise in i have been doing pretty well. one baby step at a time right...

well you ladies are my inspiration thank you.... I will try again to day with the eating thing... each day I do get a bit better...

have a wonderful and healthy day... Carly

chrily
01-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Afternoon....afternoon...afternoon

I just got back home. I got my hair cut today and then sat around chatting with my sisters'. I think I lost another pound yesterday. Some yucky stomach bug got to me. I feel much better today.

I haven't really eaten very much today. Just don't feel all that hungry yet.
Tonight I'll be going to the gym with my sister again. And I still haven't drank enough water yet today. Let see, what else is going on...not much. I started a new quilt last night. And my next semester of school starts next week. I had made myself this promise that I would be more organized, keep the house cleaner, and get myself on a healthy program to lose weight. I've got the program part out of the way...but my house still looks like I have a small tribe of maniacs running around, and I am about as disorganized as a person can be without going insane.

Gotta get the laundry going or my pile is gonna get bigger. Definitely don't want any of that.

Chris

carlytaz
01-12-2006, 05:37 AM
Chris.... your are definatly my hero... another pound ... you go girl... congrats... your energy level must be going up... so in time you will see a difference in your house..because you wont beable to sit still anymore with the overflow of energy.. :D

so far I have been doing really good getting the 30 minute workout in.. and i do feel good about that... but the eating i am having such trouble.. I have never gone through this before.. but I am working on in.. I have been drinking my water so thats a good thing... yesterday my eating was good until about 8pm then i went over board... if i keep this up the exercising is doing no good.. well other then helping me maintain what I am already carrying.
I will get there..

Ellen.... I hope all is well with you.... I bet you are doing just as great as Chris.. Keep up the good work...

well gotta go... have a great and productive day.... Drink your Water...Carly

upswife
01-12-2006, 10:33 AM
Good job Chris on getting some exercise in. I know it is hard getting enough water in, but sometimes you just have to force yourself to garb a bottle of water instead of somethingelse. Keep going!!

Carly~great job on the exercise and the water!! I still have to fight the temptation to snack at night. It is so quiet after I put the kids to bed, sometimes I just can't help "rewarding/comforting" myself.

For me things are going well, I am a little stressed out with the kiddos but everyday brings the day my mom gets back even closer. I am doing ok withthe food~not horrible, but not the greatest. Water has been great over 64oz a day! I did exercise this AM I got the whole hour tape in, plus some extra sit-ups. I did not exercise yesterday-slept really badly and just could not get up, but again, I got some extra sit-ups and push ups in while the kiddies were watching a movie. Just some running around this afternoon, hopefully all the kids cooperate. Have a great day!!

chrily
01-12-2006, 08:19 PM
Quick post...I'm on the way out the door to get the girls from dance. I worked out with my sister again last night...and soaked in the hot tub afterwards. Talk about heaven.

Carly-You're taking steps and progressing. I think you're doing awesome. Food is a hard one for me too. It'll click soon. Keep up with what you are doing and don't let it go. I'm pulling for you. I ain't a hero, I'm working my butt off and it hurts...;)

Ellen-Soon, things will be back to normal at your house? The one thing I still can't do is sit ups and push ups. I'm hoping those life circuit machines at the gym help with that. I have very little upper body strength and abs...non existent. I'm working on it.

The one thing that scares me and makes me uncomfortable with all this weight loss stuff is actually being slimmer. I've been overweight for so long, and this is the life I've had...I don't know what to do when I'm different. And does that make sense? I can actually feel the panic rise when I think about being thin. It almost makes me want to give in and eat my cares away.

Gotta go...

~chris

carlytaz
01-13-2006, 05:17 AM
Ellen... you did great... with kids around and being young its hard to get that much time in.. when my kids where young I exercised but i could only get in a half hour and never any extra.. keep up the great work.. doing great on the water too.... man you do have it all going on... you are going to be at your goal in no time..

Chris... sorry sweetie but you are my hero.. I have to have one.. and at the moment you fit the bill.. with all your medical stuff... you are pushing your self and making me know that I can do it to... so thank you..

I know i will get there.... I have to be 20lbs lighter by August... because that is my 20th wedding anniv. and i want to look extra special for hubby.. 20 years is a long time.. and no one thought we would make a year... and the funny thing is we have always had a really great relationship.. your normal hoopla but other then that a great relationship...

ok ladies up and adam it is Friday and the weekend is coming so lets kick some butt today.. :carrot:

have a great and healthy day... keep on smiling... and God Bless..Carly

chrily
01-14-2006, 12:21 AM
Hey ladies...sorry for checkin in so late, but I was babysitting my sisters kiddos for her and that went a little bit longer than anticipated. She had to take my youngest nephew (17 months) to the doctor because his breathing was labored, he was wheezing, and tuggin on his ears again. Well, the poor little honey has double ear infections, and upper respiratory infection, and his oxygen level wasn't soo good either. The doctor says he probably has asthma, since he's been doing this for every cold he has had this year.

I worked on my quilt tonight, since Jen couldn't go work out with me. I know I should have gone by myself, but I frankly don't feel so hot either. My stomach is just slightly off. ANyhow, I got the whole front done and next it just putting the backing on, machine quilting it, and add some binding. I'll take a pic of it and post it so you can see what it looks like when its done.

I better go, my wrist is killing me. Time to rest it a bit.

~chris

carlytaz
01-14-2006, 07:53 AM
Hello Ladies,

Chris... I hope the Little one feels better poor thing... my son was like that when he was a baby... he did grow out of it though..

I did exercise yesterday... but still ate like a crazy person.. not sure what that is all about but it wil get better.. in time...

well I have to clean this mad house today... but its raining out just makes you want to stay in bed.. but things need to get done. you never know today could be the day when someone wants to see my house...

well have a great day... I will try to check back later... drink your water and get some exercise in..... every little step brings on big results....

God Bless,
Carlene

chrily
01-14-2006, 11:46 AM
Carly, my littlest one, Nicole, has asthma and was like that too when she was littler. I mean, she's only 3 yrs old but she hasn't had to use the nebulizer near as much as he has this year. But when she was around his age...it was every cold and about every 3 weeks we were giving her more albuterol and then would end up taking her in to get a prescription for prednisone to open her airways. I think she is growing out of it though.

Today I'm okay so far. I didn't get to the gym last night because of Conner being sick and I was too nervous about going it alone. TOday I WILL do something. My SIL is coming to get all the girls. She's taking them to Chuckee Cheese and then she's going to keep them overnight. Get this, she's renting a hotel room so they can all go hot tubbing and swimming. Robin, my SIL, is the one who had the foot surgery. They had to remove part of her foot from an infection. She is healing up great and she is catching up for all the time she missed with the girls. Man, I wish I had an aunt like her when I was little.

Well better go. My hair is drying and if I don't stick the blow dryer to it soon, I'm gonna look like one strange geek the rest of the day. Check back later.

~chris

upswife
01-16-2006, 09:54 PM
HEy ladies!! SOuds like you two have been busy. I have never had to dael with kids with asthma, just DH. He does not even have it too bad, only a couple of attacks a year. It is rough stuff with the little ones. WIll be praying for you guys.

I have 11 more days of all the kids!! Mom gets back in on the 31st (15days all together) I don't count the weekend, because my dad has them. I have been ok, but eating has been my downfall. I just couldn't stop myself today, but I am determined to do better nad try harder tomorrow. (it hepls that I don't have anymore candy in the house) I did exercise today nad feel great. I love the way I feel after exercising, but it is difficult to get the time in. well, I have to get to bed, DS is back in school tomorrow and I have to crack the whip to get my sibs to do their work. At least we will be back to following a scedule and things will go easier.

carlytaz
01-17-2006, 05:42 AM
Hello Ladies,

so I have been exercising... yipppppyyyyy for me that is a good thing.. the eating thing is still out of control but I think in time that will change...I Just keep plugging away at it..

How is everyone today??? I hope all is well... the kids go back to school today so that is a good thing i can get in there rooms and clean them out. after three days.. you would think I never clean there rooms..

this is going to be a long week.. finally someone is coming to look at the house on Friday... cross your fingers... it would be nice to get this all going and us get to maine to look for our new home..so I am pretty excited about that.. but I have to clean like a mad women in between the phone ringing for work and the family making a mess.. but it will get done..
well have a great day ladies I will check back later... make sure everyone moves some today.. a little exercise is better then no exercise..

have fun..
God Bless
Carly

chrily
01-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Geez ladies...are we all doing the happy dance that we got to ship the kids off to school today? :D

My eating has also been bad for the last couple of days but we went to the gym last night...and I feel pretty good about that. I really miss the days I don't go. If time permitted and my schedule was better, I'd go every day. Makes me feel better about myself, I guess.

Not much happening today. I have some laundry to put away and a few stray items to put away and then go to the bank. Such a busy life. Ha! Tomorrow, I go back to school. Back to more busy times. I was enjoying my time off, I won't know how to act now.

I better get started before it gets to late in the day. Check back later.

~chris

p/s Sending selling ((vibes)) your way Carly.

upswife
01-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Chris and carly~you both have been doung excellent with the exercise!! I am going to try to get it in tomorrow. I aim for three day a week, but usually it turns into 2days. I am really geared up to get it in tomorrow!!

Today was pretty good, got home early from work, and had a big salad for dinner. I did have a small bag of combo's but I really undershot my calories for today, so I think I broke even. Well, havbe to get some sleep. catch you later

carlytaz
01-18-2006, 05:44 AM
Good morning Ladies,

Well I did really good until about 8pm then i just ruined it... I have to stop that night time feeding that is when i am at my worst.. watching tv and shoveling it in.. ya know...I think i will stop eating by 7. maybe that will help.

i also need to get some healthy food in this house. that would be a greater help.

anyways, have a great day ladies... I will check back later.... drink your water...

God Bless
Carly

upswife
01-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Ladies~I too have had to put a time limit on my eating. I usually stop by 7pm, because otherwise I would wait for the kied to go to bed then pig out. It is too easy to overeat when you are home by yourself. DH used to work nights, but now he weork early mornings, but is in bed by 7pm. So it really doesn't feel like anything has changed. My little one was not feeling well last night, and I was up with her about every 1.5-2 hours. Needless to say I did not get any sleep, so I did not get up to exercise. But I will fit something else in, later. Also I will exercise tomorrow(I hope) Have a great OP day!!

chrily
01-18-2006, 11:04 PM
I'm trying to stay on top of all this. I started back to school today. It's gonna be hard to get back into the rhytmn of things. I didn't get to the gym but I walked on my sister's treadmill today. If she doesn't start doing every other day like we planned (this week has been awful and last week wasn't so good either)...I'm gonna start doing it on my own. I need to get this weight off of me.

I'm having a dilemma too. I can't stop snacking without my prescriptions. I am contemplating taking a half dose and see if its enough to keep the hunger at bay without causing all the ill side effects. I just don't know what to do.

Well I have to load the rest of my programs up for school so that I can do my homework. Talk to you two ladies tomorrow.

~chris

carlytaz
01-19-2006, 05:39 AM
Hello Ladies,

Ellen sorry to hear your little one is sick... hope all is better today...
well I have been doing my exercising faithfully .. I am hoping it pushes me in the right direction with this eating thing.. ya know... in time ,,,,

Chris... you are always so busy... you should go to the gym even if you sister does not go.. you will feel better if you do.. that guilt gets ya... doesnt it...well have a positive, on plan and lots of water day...

Please try to move a little today... God Bless..Carly

chrily
01-19-2006, 07:10 PM
:) Checking in. I gotta take Kayla to dance class. Then its homework time. Tomorrow I'm going to the gym...come **** or hight water. I don't care if my sister goes or not. I'd go tonight except I have my niece and nephew until 9:30.

I better scoot. I'll check back later. I did relatively good tonight. I am right on as far as calories are concerned. I've been trying to drink water. I have not had even one pop today, which is a first for me. I think I need to lay off that stuff too, even the diet pop.

Sorry for not getting personal. Time is short right now. Hoping the my hubby will have dinner waiting for me when I get back, but something tells me it won't...:)

~chris

upswife
01-20-2006, 08:49 AM
Good morning ladies!! I am afraid to admit this, but I have not been doung very well at all. I still got my exercise in this week, but my eating at dinner had not been good at all. DH has been home, and we have been having big meals, and my schedule ha sbeen off, so when I plan to eat dinner at 5pm we usually don't even sit down until 6-6:30pm, so I am really hungry when I finnally get it all on the table I am starving!!! Today is a new day, but I am not starting off very encouraged. I got on the scale today and I gained 3lbs. I just can't believe it!!! I am really going to try to beef up the water and try to eat a little less at dinner. Hope you both have a grea OP day!! Later Chicas

chrily
01-20-2006, 09:23 AM
Hi gals..while we are admitting not so good stuff. I have to say...I ate too much last night too. 2 helpings of spaghetti and a corn muffin. :( Today, I am going to keep myself more in check. On the plus side, I did not drink any pop yesterday. :) I better get going...I have to get ready to take the kids to school. I look like Frankenstein's mom right now. Don't want to scare the kids at school. Check back when I get a little more time today.

~chris

carlytaz
01-23-2006, 06:12 AM
Hello Ladies,

so the weekend was not good at all.. I must say it was really really bad... I have been so darn depressed I dont know what is going on but i better snap out of it.

but today is a new day.. new beginnings.. I have been doing really good with the 30 minute workouts aday.. its the eating that I am having a real problem with.. and without getting that into check the exercising part is not going to give me the results that I want.. so today i will tackle the over eating monster. and drink more water...
How many calories should i be eating a day.. I am 5'5 and about 146 lbs. any help with that would be greatly appriciated.

I hope you had a great weekend... and I know you guys did great with staying on track...

Thank you and god bless
carly

chrily
01-23-2006, 08:42 PM
Hi Carly, Hi Ellen,
My weekend was fairly good. I did 1 1/2 hr at the gym on Saturday. I'm heading back again tonight for a bit. I didn't even bother calling my sister to see if she wanted to go. I think I want a little alone time.

Sorry to hear your going through a blue time, Carly. Wish I was there to cheer you up. Let me know if I can do anything.

~chris

carlytaz
01-24-2006, 06:16 AM
Hello Ladies,

Thank you Chris ... The blue mood will fade... these things come and go.. being a woman just sometimes is a very hard job... because we are emotional beings...lol.. but anyways,,, I did much better yesterday... I drank my water like i was suppose to... did my exercising and cut down on my eating.. plus every few minutes or so i would get out of my chair and just move around a bit. so I think that was good.. my husband is changing his work hours so he wont be getting home until 6pm... so maybe I will be able to add another half hour workout into my day.. we will see..

Hi Ellen, I hope all is well with you.... have a great day....

well i need to go and get some stuff done before i start the old work thing.. have a great day...

God Bless
Carly

chrily
01-24-2006, 10:00 AM
Carly, a couple years ago, my blue moods wouldn't go away. I was to the point where I had a hard time getting out of bed. I finally (with alot of pushing by my husband) went to the doctor and got on anti-depressants. I tried going off of them a couple of months ago, but the blues came back within a week. I don't know why women get all the bad stuff. I'm thinking its not very fair.

Ellen-Where are you lady???? Missing your posts.

I did go and do my workout last night...by myself. :D I usually soak in the bath tub after that, but instead I folded clothes. I barely slept all night long. I stretched out before and after my workout but things must have still been super tensed up. I need my hot bath to loosen me up, I guess.

Time to get the little "critters" to school. I be checking back later.

~chris

chrily
01-24-2006, 10:00 AM
Carly, a couple years ago, my blue moods wouldn't go away. I was to the point where I had a hard time getting out of bed. I finally (with alot of pushing by my husband) went to the doctor and got on anti-depressants. I tried going off of them a couple of months ago, but the blues came back within a week. I don't know why women get all the bad stuff. I'm thinking its not very fair.

I did go and do my workout last night...by myself. :D I usually soak in the bath tub after that, but instead I folded clothes. I barely slept all night long. I stretched out before and after my workout but things must have still been super tensed up. I need my hot bath to loosen me up, I guess.

~chris

chrily
01-24-2006, 10:01 AM

~chris

upswife
01-24-2006, 10:09 AM
Good morning ladies!! I had a good day yesterday. I ate ok and Did a little exercise. DH and I paid bills:eek: THen we went and toured a gym close tyo home. I think we may do it, it is a little expensive, but they provide babysitting for the kiddies for only $5/each a month. The other places I looked at chared by the hour per kid, so that made it impossible. we are going to make a decisoin soon, and hopefullly will be able to start up in Feb. It was really nice, I will just have to gather up my courage to go exercise in a mixed environment. (Men and women) BUt on the up side DH and I could exercise together it we wanted.

We also took the kiddies roller skating. DS's school had a skate night so we took all 6kids!! My dad met us there, and my older brother came along as well. the kids had a great time and I got to enjoy and activity from my past. I really miss skating, but I have weak ankles, so roller blades and ice skates are a little tough for me. I will have to check out the good roller blades to see if they are better than they used to be. Maybe I can get my older brother to go skating with me.:idea:

Carly~sorry you are having a blue period, but we all get them and you just have to keep working thorought them. I am here for you!!

Chris~great job on the exercise!! Keep up the hard work and you will see results in no time!

Well, I have to get ready for work, have a great day!!

carlytaz
01-25-2006, 06:44 AM
Hello Ladies,

you two just make my day... thank you so much for your encouragement and friendship...

I did really well yesterday with my eating .... and i drank my water... I only exercised my 30 minutes in the morning.. because I was on the phone with an old friend until hubby came home... so the extra exercise didnt get done but thats ok... at least i exercised in the morning.. well I hope you both have a great day.. congrats on going to the gym alone chris.. Ellen glad to see you are posting again.. and hope you and hubby enjoy going to the gym together.

have a great day...

God Bless
Carly

upswife
01-25-2006, 08:56 AM
Ok, One more confession, then I promise to be good.

I had Mc donalds yesterday for dinner. I even had a real soda and fries:yikes:

But I went to the store last night and I am going to have a big salad for lunch today. I ran out a couple of days ago and I have missed them so much. I am still recovering from roller sakting, I lost my vlance trying to help one of the kiddies. but the only thing that hurts is my pride (my rear a little too).

Have a great day!!
:hb: Have some b-day cake on me!! I really don't need it, but the kids are making one anyway.

chrily
01-25-2006, 10:48 AM
Ellen, I'm proud of your confession. I still don't confess when I have McD's...you have inspired me to tell the truth too. I had McD's on Sunday. :o I felt sooo guilty afterwards. To me, its hard to confess to myself sometimes that I've eaten badly. I think being able to admit it is great...and a step in the right direction. :)

Carly, sounds like you had an awesome day yesterday. Keep up the good work too. I'd say we are all doing fairly well. I ate okay yesterday. I ate more carbs than I should have, but that "time" is coming and when it does, I crave the carbs... I ate tater tots for dinner..:o Naughty. I'll just pull myself up and try harder today.

Well here's to a good on program day. I think we're going to do great today!

~chris

upswife
01-25-2006, 12:40 PM
Good for you Chris! It is really hard, we all know what we shouldn't eat, but it is so easy and so accessible. It can be really difficult(not to mention expensive) to eat well and healthy. Have to run

chrily
01-25-2006, 10:59 PM
Just a quick one to let ya know that I did indeed get my workout in tonight...by myself again. :D :carrot: :D I even got over 1/2 my homework done. I still have to do a long assignment for Payroll Acct, Accounting Procedures, and Computer Access, and 1 more assignment for my Records Mgmt.

GO GIRLs!!!!!

~chris

carlytaz
01-26-2006, 06:14 AM
Hello Ladies,

well I have to say you guys are just wonderful... you always inspire me to do just a little bit better everyday..

Chris... I just dont know how you do it.. you are so busy all the time.. I would be totally wiped out.. but you just keep on going and going.. what a motivating person you are.

Ellen I think going to mcdonalds once in a great while is no big deal as long as you dont make it a habit... everyone has to splurg once in awhile. if not we would totally be crazy... I think you guys are doing great on your eating plan.. I know my eating has not been the healthest... but i am slowly working on that.. but i have been drinking the water and exercising so to me that is a plus.

anyways... you ladies have agreat day... I know you are going to do wonderful today...

God Bless
Carly

2CMEAGAIN
01-26-2006, 09:01 AM
Hi!
Not sure if I'm allowed to be a part of this group or not,but I'll introduce myself anyway.
My name is Angie,I live in Ohio,I have 3 boys,2 pug dogs & will be divorced within the next month.
I started at 216(highest weight) & am now down 8 pounds.Next week if I lose 2 more pounds I will have reached my first mini goal!!!:carrot: My first 3 weeks have been up & down,but I'm gonna do this!!!My goal is 150.My best buddy is doing this with me offline.We keep each other in check.:D
I hope to get to know everyone.

upswife
01-26-2006, 10:18 AM
:welcome3: Angie!! You are on the right track! Keep up the hard work!

Ladies, I did so bad yesterday. cake is definitely my downfall. there is still some left, but I told the kids they could have it after lunch, so hopefully it will all be gone after today. It just keeps calling to me and I have to keep busy or I will snach a piece. Exercise this week has been spotty, but I am getting a cold and the extra kids are just taking it out of me. I am planning on resting so I am not sick for the cruise. I can exercise there (they have a gym!!) Dh is planning on getting some exercise while we are on the boat too. It will be nice to have an exercise buddy.

Have a great OP day!!!:flow1: :flow1:

chrily
01-27-2006, 12:27 AM
First of all, Angi, you are welcome to post here. We'd love to have another member. You sound like your doing great with your weight loss so far. Congratulations on that. Ahh..you'd be in the hearts of my Sister in law forever with your pugs. She has two fawn pugs and one black one. They are such characters. I think pugs have wonderful, almost human personalities.

Ellen-Hopefully you feel better soon. I actually have a hard time not eating the sweet stuff if its around. I feel bad too, if I dump perfectly good food in the garbage just so I won't eat it. I did get the guts up enough to do it at Christmas..I just knew the cookies would call me, so I threw them away. I'm sure that little move saved me a few pounds. When do you get relief from the kids? Isn't your mom coming back soon?

Carly-I think we all inspire eachother. I don't know how I can keep up with all this either. I'll tell ya though...tonight I am wiped. I didn't get to bed until midnight last night, and then I worked, and shuttled all the kids from dance class, basketball, drive thrus...and home....then I've been working on my homework for 2 hours. I'm wiped. I need a rest and I am so looking forward to a quick soak in the tub to finish the book I'm reading and then to bed.

I'll see you all tomorrow...I'm looking forward to hearing more from you, Angie! I'm like the polar opposite of you...I have 3 girls! :D

~chris

carlytaz
01-27-2006, 06:35 AM
Good Morning everyone

welcome angie... are motto the more the merry... and you seem to be doing really well already... you are going to be an inspriation to us all.

Ellen.... when do you go on your cruise?? that will be just what you need... you are lucky if you dh is willing to work out with you.. mine wont even consider it..

Chris... Slow down sweetie.... you need a rest....:) but you are doing excellent with your healthy life style. good for you. are you still going to that weight clinic??? how much total have you lost?? I remember you were doing great...

well i have to go and get kids up for school....

have a great on on plan day.... drinks lots of water and move....

God Bless
Carly

upswife
01-27-2006, 08:44 AM
Chris~Ny mom gets back on tues the 31st!! Yay!! THEy are going home tonight, buit they come back saturday night, because my dad agreed to watch them all so dh and I could go out for my b-day. so I will probably get them for good SUnday night,but then I only have them until tues night. SO I can make it through this. Just a couple of days!

Carly~DH and I leave for the cruise Feb 6th. So there are only a couple of days in between when mom gets back and I leave. We are looking forward to it so much!!

You both are doing great, I don't know how you both do it. I have my hand full with just patr-time (very) job and being mommy. Have a great Friday!!!

Angie~hope to hear from you soon~~

chrily
01-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Just a quick one for me. I'm gonna try and get most of my assignments turned in today.

Carly-Yep, I'm still going to the weight loss clinic. Since I've started the weight loss journey, I've lost 29 lbs, but since I've joined the clinic...I've lost 10. It seems to help me out, even if it costs some money. I think spending money is making me more accountable.

Ellen-Did I miss something with the cruise? I swear, my brain must be elsewhere. Can I just sneak myself into your luggage? :D I don't know how you do it with all those little people around. I'm going nuts with just my 3.

Angie-Morning! What's on your adgenda for the day? HOping to see some more posts from you today. Check in as much as you want or need. I'm in and out all day, because of school and my little people but I tried to check in a couple times a day at least.

So far this morning...I started out with a bowl of cereal. My tummy was growling and so I made it kind of big, and then got about halfway through and it just was too much. I had to dump it and my cat got some of the milk.

Warning! Tomorrow, I won't be here until later. I have to be at the school warehouse at 7:45 am and then I help with the auction until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Then to my dad's house to take care of his cats. So it'll be in the evening sometime.

Keep up the good work ladies! Let's do a little challenge today to drink at least 64 oz. of water.

~chris

carlytaz
01-29-2006, 06:21 AM
Hello Ladies,

I Hope everyone has been having a nice weekend.. mine has been ok... my eating and drinking my water went out the window... the weekends that always happens... I need to get past that... so I am going to exercise this morning and make sure i get my water in...

so how was everyone yesterday?? I bet you all stayed on plan.. because you are just awesome that way... well have a wonderful sunday.. try to get some rest you guys are always so busy... I will check back later..

God Bless

Carly

upswife
01-29-2006, 04:15 PM
very busy weekend, I did good even with going out last night. I thought I was going to stay the same at weigh in, but i lost all the extra weight. I am now offically back to pre-christmas weight. I am really motivated. You ladies have a great week end, I have to go get my water, I am really behind. ((hugs))

chrily
01-29-2006, 11:50 PM
My weekend went by in a blur. I can't really say I ate bad, but I didn't exactly eat the best either.

Congrats on losing all the extra pounds, Ellen. Great job!

Carly-sorry, I didn't stick to my program. :( It was just one of those weekends. Nothing bad happened, just got a little lax on everything.

Tomorrow is Monday and a new day. I'm gonna get right back on the wagon, and forget the mishaps of the weekend.

I'll check back tomorrow. I did lose some extra weight, I had gained a few pounds in just a couple days, which I thought was really odd. I drank extra water and nixed the soda for a few days, and it came back off. Must have been retaining alot of water.

Okay..night. As soon as Tiana gets done with her shower, the bath tub is mine, mine....MINE! (Evil sinister laugh.....)

~chris

carlytaz
01-31-2006, 06:13 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Well so far... yesterday... I did not do so well... ate brownies and junk food.. I did do my exercising though... I did not drink enough water... and let me tell ya my body is telling me all about it...well today is a new day... so i will start again... I surely need to get some fruits and veggies in this house... when i go shopping next time...

well I am going to start setting daily challanges for myself.. I think today will be drinking my eight to ten glasses of water... sounds like a plan to me.. I will let you know... now what to do tomorrow....:o

well I hope you ladies have a great day and if you can think of any daily challanges please let me know... i need all the help I can get....

Thank you,

God Bless
Carly

chrily
01-31-2006, 11:53 AM
Hey Carly, Hey Ellen...Maybe I should have a daily goal too. My goal for the day is to drink 8-10 glasses of water too...and NO POP! I think I need to make sure I move and do some sort of aerobic activity on the days I don't go to the gym. I went last night after not going for 4 nights. Gosh, it felt good. I worked up a sweat...:D

Not much going on today. I'm babysitting my niece and nephew because my sister switched to days on her job. I'll work on my homework later. Kelly has the day off too. He got flexed off for the day. They only had six service calls for the day and 7 technicians scheduled. So they flexed off 5 and kept 2 techs on. We're gonna work on getting our trailer ready for the camping season so that we can get it out of the driveway so I can quit parking in the street. I'll check back later.

Carly, don't fret. Just jump right back into your groove. You can do it!

~chris

upswife
02-01-2006, 08:50 AM
Good morning ladies!!! My mom and sisiter made it home safely last night, so I now only have my three little ones. I am not sure what to do with myself.

I think I am still fighting off this cold, so I think I will lay low. I have to get DS on the bus, but after that I do not have anything planned for today.

Food wise I have been good, we will see if I get achance/feel better to exercise. but on the up side, I have stayed the same, so at leaset I am not gaining. You ladies have a great day!!

carlytaz
02-02-2006, 06:26 AM
Hello Ladies,

so i beat my challange of drinking my 8-10 glasses of water... yippppyyyy.. does make you feel real good when you accomplish something.. I notice i do feel so much better when i drink my water... my body does not seem so sore all the time.. exercising is still going wonderfully... that really helps me through out the day because i get so tense at my job the exercising has been helping keep me calm.. the eating well .. to day i challange myself to try to make the best choices possible...again not much in the food department in this house.. but hey I should be able to find better choices..I can do this.

I know you ladies are doing wonderful....

Ellen I do hope you are feeling better today.

Chris did you make your challange of 8-10 glasses of water>?? I bet you did.. you are so motivated...

well have a wonderful day... i will try and check back later...

God Bless
Carly

chrily
02-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Hey girls...sorry for not posting yesterday. I had to work and shuttle the girls around to all their stuff last night. Now today, lucky me, I have a tummy bug. I feel like crap. Achy body, runny nose, headache from H*ll, etc. You name it, I think I have all the symptoms of a flu. So needless to say, I'm staying within my calories really great today.

I get up and work on my homework a bit, fold some clothes, get dizzy and go lay down. I would love to be sleeping right now, but as is the way of things, when I don't feel good, Nicole feels better than normal and is getting into everything. Of course...right? :D

Gonna check on my classes and go lay down. My head is starting to pound again.

~chris

upswife
02-05-2006, 03:47 PM
ladies! I am off for my cruise tomorrow morning very early. :woo: I am looking forward to this so much. Now it will snow and the plane will not be able to fly out. :P We are all ready for our little get together today for the Superbowl, then off to mom's to drop off the kids. I will not be on until I get back, so I hope you three stay OP nad positive. Have a great week. :grouphug:

chrily
02-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Couldn't post because I've been a little sickie. I can't say I really feel much better. I feel fine, and then when I eat..super nausea hits.

ANyhow, dinner is cooking and I'll check back when I get a few more minutes. Later tonight hopefully.

Hey Ellen, Have fun on your cruise! Still wish I could pack myself up in your suitcase. :D

~chris

carlytaz
02-06-2006, 06:55 AM
Hey Chris,,,

I hope you are feeling better today..... I have had this stupid dry cough thingy going on for about a week... it is driving me crazy... I sure hope ellen has a goodtime ... man i would like to go away for a little while... that would be nice... we are suppose to go to maine the weekend of the 20th... so that will be nice that is a long weekend.. we decided to go and see how we like the winter months there... ya know... well i got up late need to get going ... I will try and check back later..

Challange to day... Drink my water.....

God Bless,
Carly

chrily
02-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Man, I just feel so disorganized this week. I'm not sleeping very good and this is going to sound so anal retentive, but I usually get on the computer Saturday night or Sunday morning to go through my courses and print out my assignments for the following week. I didn't do it until last night and I just feel so out of sorts now.

I'm feeling better. Occasionally my stomach feels yuck again, but I guess I'll live with it. I keep waking up short of breath a few times a night, so I'm assuming that something is causing my allergies to act up. Gonna have to knock myself out at night with my allergy pills....:D

I went to the gym last night with my sister and did 25 min on the treadmill and 2 sets of reps on the Life Circuit. Wednesday, we are going during the day, so that Wed. night I can go to church with my other sister and my mom. They are doing a "ladies only' church service. Usually its about things you have to deal with raising girls and such. I need all the help I can get with raising mine.

Drink drink drink that water. I've been drinking a ton of water lately. I haven't noticed the numbers changing much on the scale but my clothes are looser so I'm assuming my muscles are getting all toned up. Such a long frustrating road. I wish I had more patience, because losing weight seems to take so long. I am so desperately wanting to buy my skinny clothes and ditch the 'fat girl' clothes, non of which are very flattering. Well let me know how your day goes. I'm sorry I"m slacking on my posts. I'll try to at least keep up with it this week.

~chris

msruthie
02-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Hello,
I post in other threads here on 3 fatchicks, I just need general support today. Getting some harsh news from the Dr. today, 2 kids are overweight and she is concerned about them having/getting type 2 diabetes. I am overweight and working on losing (9lbs so far Yippie!) weight and I'm working on my kids and the whole family now. I just went into a sadness that I can't describe. See I go to college 2 nights a week so on those days I have 12-16 hour days and I don't see my little ones( the overweight ones) until the afternoon of the 3rd day. Money is hard to stretch and I have to shop and cook the other days since we did manage to cut out fast food. I have a delimna thought. I'm really considering dropping out of school this semester. I only have about 90 days to go but my kids eating when I'm not here is way out of control. Well my 7 year olds eating is. There is a very long story involved there but suffice it to say that she is eating like crazy when she is home. I really don't send them to the park across the street alone b/c there are some serious bullies there. I can't go with them every day b/c of the 2 days at school the other days are consumed with all the "other" stuff that needs to be done. I really need some support or suggestions. I really feel like I need to take the doctor seriously and this weight issue with me and my kids seriously and I really want to have the time to focus on that. Of course my friends discourage me from quitting school but most of them are overweight too. They don't plan on losing weight. At any rate thanks for reading.

chrily
02-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Ruthie..Hey hon, I know what your going through is VERY hard. Don't quit school though. I'm also an overweight mother. I have 3 daughters. I have rheumatoid arthritis and am also going to school. I'm a full-time student, work part time for my dad and am a stay at home mom for the rest. If the doctor is concerned about your children's weight, I would take him seriously. One thing you can do for you and your kids is only buy healthy food. They'll throw a fit for a bit, but then they'll calm down. Apples, oranges, bananas, etc. Find some healthier options for all of you. I make this dessert out of fat-free cottage cheese, fat-free frozen whipped topping, and any flavor of sugar-free jello. Mix it all together and you have a tasty little treat. There is alot of web sites that feature kid-friendly healthy food. I know its hard to tackle everything when you're going to school. I still have days where I feel like its me against the world, but it passes. Who watches your kids when you're in school? Sit down and let them know (babysitter, father, kids, etc) and what you are going to do so there is no surprises. I don't know what else to tell ya. It takes a lot of courage to lose weight and alot to go to school....Just go for it!!!!

~chris

msruthie
02-08-2006, 10:19 AM
Thanks so much Chris. This is a really difficult decision for me. I really don't have any family support in that sense. I work full time, and all I really hav eis my kids. My oldest daughter just started working so there will be one less person home with them in the evenings, she also runs track so when she's not working she's running track. She's healthy as the doctor told me yesterday it's the little ones that are out of control. It appears that I don't have a choice other than dropping out this semester. There is on one to watch them while I attend school and even worse thier eating habits will be out ot control if I continue this way. I figure I can go back when they are older but for right now we have to start a physical activity program for them. And yes thank you I but all that healthy stuff and they try to eat it all in one day. My son has gotten a little better and is actually starting to lose weight, but the baby is way out of control. I really don't mind dropping this semester, my family is more important. Thanks so much for your comments.

chrily
02-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Ruth,
Does your school offer online classes? Or evening classes? That might be an option. You might have said already, but I'm going to ask again. How old are your kids? I assume the one is in high school. Mine are 12, 6 and 3. I know its hard...esp. when there isn't much support. Wish I lived closer and then I'd be able to help you out. I know that desperate, I don't know what to do feeling. That has to be one of the worst. If you need anything...or just someone to listen, you can find us back here or you can PM me anytime. K? I'm on a few times a day usually.

~chris

msruthie
02-08-2006, 09:20 PM
You are so sweet Chris. I think I've just about decided that it's not worth it right now to stress myself out. Anyway my kids are 16, 9 and 7. The 9 and 7 year cannot be trusted to be here while I go to class. And no they don't offer Internet classes at my level. The classes I am taking are a night so.... Anyway I don't really feel bad about it. I feel a little sad b/c I thought I would be able to just go all the way through, but I've dropped semesters for much less in the past. We will be okay I'm sure things will work out.

carlytaz
02-10-2006, 06:30 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Ruthie...hello nice to see you here.. I am sorry to hear your difficulties... is there any way you can set up your house so your childrens daily intake of food is already set up and when that is gone that is it.... I know my kids always liked running back in forth to the fridge anytime they wanted... and grab whatever they wanted etc.etc.. but sometimes you just have to stop them from doing that.. we had to do that.. because they we just being gluttons.. and if i bought a bag of apples... one child would eat the hole bag in a day... I mean apples are good for ya... but hey lets not go over board.. so i had to start setting it up so things were prepared a head of time.. and when they where done that was it until tomorrow... its hard at first because if you kids are like mine they are hungry twenty four seven... but if you talk with you dr.. they should help you with how many calories a day and all that stuff.. it is hard and you do feel so bad because face it who wants thier children saying there hungry but sometimes its just boredom... or nothing better to do ya know what i mean.. anyways... I hope this helps a little..

hey Chris, sorry I havent been around for a couple days.. I was not feeling so great.. but I am feeling a bit better.. around here has been crazy.. but i have been exercising and drinking my water like i should be.. my eating is still not where i want it to be but i am working on that.. even as an adult portion control is so hard.... at least its feb and the nice weather is not to far away.. nothing has been happening with the house but not giving up hope.. spring is a coming... well have a great day.. keep up the great work.. stay on plan.

God Bless
Carly

chrily
02-11-2006, 04:53 PM
I'm sick of this updating the server stuff. I can't get on..I can...I can't...I can. :dizzy: Going crazy.

I'm taking a break from my homework. I went up to the hospital to give my sister a little break from her son. They put him in last night with a very bad breathing problem from yet another virus. I think she is getting the worst of it this year with her kids. So I didn't get to the gym last night and I might not be able to get in today. I have some assignments due. I've really been out of sorts this week with my eating and I'm totally frustrated by that. I don't know why eating is such a problem for me. I know I want to be thinner and healthier but I sabotage myself in so many ways...so many days.

Gotta get back to the ol homework grind. I'll check back and hopefully you'll be feeling better too, Carly. Hummm...wonder how Ellen's cruise is going????

Hey Ruthie! Checkin up on ya too. How's things in your homefront???

~chris

upswife
02-12-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm Back!!! Yay we had such a great time! I did weigh in today(no scale on board) and I did gain 5lbs, but we exercised everyday and controled our eating, but I was not able to get my water in at all, and the food had some sodium in it. I am giving myself a week to get back down. I am pretty sure gettting my water in will help. We came in second place in a twisting contest!! yay they gave us t-shirts, but only a large(DH and I both wear 2x) so we gave the t-shirts to my brother and sisiter.

Welcome Ruthie!!! I am sorry to hear that you are having a rough time. I know it is hard, but I really think you should take carly's suggestion. it will help. But most of all do not drop out. I know it is hard, but it will be better for your whole family if you cvan finish school. I still have to go back, and it took DH 10 yrs to finish his degree. If you need to vent we are always here!! I have to run, but I hope you ladies have a great day!!!

chrily
02-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Geez, Ellen, you sound too peppy for me right now. While you've been relaxing yourself in the sun, I've been slamming my head off the table trying to figure out my homework. ;) Sounds like you had an awesome time. Someday I would love to take a cruise.

Welcome back!!

~chris

carlytaz
02-13-2006, 07:32 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Ellen,,, I am so glad you had such a good time... I so would love to go on a vacation.. but oh well... I am taking a mini trip to maine this weekend so that will be nice... I decided i needed to get my mind back into the Maine move thing.. I have been kinda bummed out lately because of craziness around here and the house not selling you know how it goes... so i decide we are going to go and look at houses in maine next weekend... let me tell ya I cant wait.. I know i cant buy yet until my house sells but i think if we go and do this it will make it feel more tangable to us... anyways,,, the eating this weekend went right out the window... not to much water either.. the weekends are so hard for me... but hey i just keep plugging along... it will stick one of these days..

Chris... I am sorry about your sisters child.. I hope things get better soon..
dont beat yourself up because you slacked a tiny bit... you will get right back on the right track you always do.. I think we all get into these slumps and just need to do whatever we do.. but at least we know enough not to stay there.. so I know today you will get all your water intake and you will be eating every healthy thing you can get your hands on...

Ruth.. I hope all is well with you...

well have a great on track day ladies,,, remember we are all doing this together so lets kick some butt... :D

God Bless
Carly

upswife
02-13-2006, 09:35 AM
Doing pretty good this morning. I had peanut butter toast and I have started my water. I am down 1/2 lb, so I know it will all just melt away. I plan on taking it easier today, still kinda worn out from the trip, but i have to take the kids to the eye dr and I am cleaning up a bit. I still have to unpack, but I am slowly going through everything. I will aim to do 1hr with the hula hoop today, and get my exercise tape back in the routine by Wednesday.

Chris~I am sorry to hear about your sister's kids. I know that there are some pretty nasty bugs going around right now.

Carly~I kmow weekends are hard, but sometimes you just need them. I am looking forward to hear how your "house hunting" went. Just don't wear yourself down.

Ruthie~Looking forward to getting to know you post soon!!!

chrily
02-13-2006, 11:14 PM
I am so ashamed...I snuck some candy today. But I went to the gym tonight and workout for an hour or so. I didn't overdo it at dinner either. I think that will offset some of my candy blunder today.

Conner is feeling better. Still wheezing and labored breathing but alot more lively than he was before. I think my sister would like to nail his little feet down to the floor but he has to make up for all that lost time ya know...:D On the downside of it, my oldest daughter is in his boat now. She's had asthma since she was 6 and now she's got the sam virus and she is looking awful. She's running a fever, is dizzy, can't eat, and is wheezing a bit. Not as bad as him, but she's been taking an inhaler with steriods for a couple months now, so she won't get it nearly as bad as him. I'm watching her though.

Carly, we all have our bad weekends. I know I do. That's when I seem to screw up alot too. It's like all the control we have over our lives goes out the window and things just get to hectic and chaotic on the weekends. Just
jump right back on that healthy lifestyle track. I'm struggling right along with you. We can do this, sunshine!!!!

Ellen, see I bet you were just retaining some water. I bet that weight slides right back off. BTW, do ya have any snow around your house? We're supposed to get hit with some. Woo Hoo! I like snow.

OKay...bathtime. I got my sister's kids tomorrow and so I'm going to decompress before tomorrow. Check back in the am.

~chris

carlytaz
02-14-2006, 06:06 AM
Goodmorning Ladies,

well let me tell ya... yesterday i was doing so good.. until supper time.. and i think i ate just about every thing in this house.. not sure what that was all about but hey i will get there.. I did drink my water so that was a good thing..

Chris.. sorry to hear your daughter is ill... I hope it doesnt last long.. I hate it when the kids are ill.. we got the snow sunday...I dont mind the snow... my hubby loves the stuff... I am not that excited about it... :D
my daughter was happy they cancelled school... but today is getting things back to normal..

Ellen... that 5 lbs will be history before you know it.. just keep on doing what ever it is you are doing...

well i need to go... have to get motivated .... have a wonderful day and stay on plan..

God Bless
Carly

upswife
02-14-2006, 08:49 AM
Chris~There is no snow here yet, but it has been coming down occasionally for the last three days. But it has been too warm for the last 2months that none of it is sticking. I really don't like having to be out in it, but if I dan't have to go anywhere, than I don't mind it. I hope your daughter feels better soon.

Carly~I lost it yesterday at dinner too, but I mainly binged on veggies, so I don't think that will hurt too bad. I did get some twizzlers for the kids, and of course I had to have some. But I did get my water in, so that is a start.

Ladies I have to run DS has to get on the bus.

carlytaz
02-15-2006, 06:28 AM
Morning Ladies,

I hope everyone had a great day yesterday... mine was ok.. but I didnt drink all my water and hubby bought me chocolates and of course i couldnt say no..

so we begin again... well keep your fingers crossed that today will be a good day... I really could use one...

have great day ladies,... stay on track... and drink all your water....

God Bless
Carly

upswife
02-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Did pretty well yesterday until dinner. I ened up eating two(small) plates of spagetti and then finished DD's plate as well. ANd DH brought home turtles, so I had a couple of those too. BUt I did get my water in, not I have to figure out a way to get my exercise back in. I am having a hard time with my mattress, so I wake up feeling worse than when I went to bed. We will see what can be done.

Well ladies have a great day and don't forget your water!!

Losingitin06
02-15-2006, 08:56 AM
hey there, can i join this thread ?
I'm a 21 year old mom to 2 boys, 3.5 and 12 weeks :D

upswife
02-15-2006, 09:09 AM
:welcome2: Losingitin06

chrily
02-15-2006, 11:21 AM
Hey welcome Losingitin06. Glad to have ya. My name is Chris. Sahm of 3 daughters....12, 6, and 3.

Yah, yah, yah...we are having a great week here. Now Nicole is wheezing, running a fever, etc. Tiana is still home, running a fever, and not doing anything but laying down. Poor honeys. We're all treking over to my sister's house later today. Her little boy still needs the nebulizer and now Nicole needs it too, so we're all gonna sit around her house and pass around the albuterol, instead of driving back and forth. Her middle son is sick now too. He's got the same symptoms as Tiana and Nicole. Lovely isn't it.

I did manage to get to the gym last night. We did 25 min. on the treadmill and 45 of weights. Jen needed a break and the gym was so quiet with everyone doing something for Valentine's day. My sweetie got me a dozen pink roses....and a card. He got the girls each a Valentine and then gave them $5 with it. Hmmm...where's my money??? J/k

Gotta go pick up my house and do some homework and then pack up the sickies and lounge at my sister's house. Check back in a while.

~chris

Losingitin06
02-15-2006, 12:52 PM
thank you for the welcome,
was able to get to the gym today, did 30 mins of cardio and my circut.
Hubby is taking me and the boys out shopping tonight and to montana's for dinner... eeeek, must order something good!

chrily
02-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Hey Losin it... I like your idea for banking money for a new wardrobe. I'm gonna have to do that, and give myself some inspiration and motivation for getting thin.

Ontario...You threw me off with the eating at Montana's. I'm live in the state of Montana. Too funny.

I usually try to get to the gym too. My sister and I do about 30 min of cardio and the Life Circuit machines. I love working out..didn't think I would because of all those skinny intimidating bodies you see in most gyms. Thank God the one we joined is small and the cliental is not soo small. I don't feel self conscious at all.

Great job on getting in that workout!

~chris

carlytaz
02-16-2006, 05:25 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Welcome Loseingitino6... I also like the Idea of saving for a new wardrobe.. might just have to start doing that.. maybe that is the motivation I need to stay on track... I have been exercising ... but slacking on the water intake... and eating well having way to many problems in that area the last few weeks what is up with that.. I will get there...

chris sorry about the kiddos I hope everyone feels better soon... great job at the gym though you are doing excellent... but i didnt expect anything less from you..

Ellen... Maybe its time for a new Mattress.... your rest is very important to good health...

well have a great day I will check back later...

God Bless
Carly

upswife
02-16-2006, 08:56 AM
good morning ladies!!! I am off to a better start. I am still a little sore, but DH and I talked about getting a new matterss. WE can't aford the one I really want(tempurpedic) but we may have to buy one to get us through for the time being. A friend owns a wholsale shop and we bought the kid's matresses from him, so we will probably go get one from him. I hope that will help. I am so tired of waking up with horrible lowback/hip pain.

On the up side I am down a little bit more. I don't usually report all my weights during the week, but I am pretty happy that it is coming off so smothly. I am trying to eat less-to reshrink my stomache. I definitley ate too much on the cruise, but we still had a blast. I did get some sit ups and push ups done in the morning, and I did a collective hour and a half with the hula hoop. I had it broken up during the day, but dh and I watched the end of American Idol and I was able to hula to that. Eating was ok at best, but I Did get my water in.

Ladies have great OP day~I have to get DS on the bus again, running a tad late. ((hugs))

Losingitin06
02-16-2006, 09:17 AM
aw man, bad weather here today.. really icy roads and everything.
won't be able to go to the gym this morning, will have to wait till hubby get's off work, hopefully the roads will be better just before dinner time.

upswife
02-16-2006, 11:17 AM
Losing~I know what you mean, we usually have bad roads at some point during the winter. This year it has been really mild, and I am waiting for that big hit. I know it is going to come, I just am not sure. Will probably hit on one of the few days I work. :P If you can't makie it to the gym just make sure you move as much as possible in the house today.

As I said before I am feeling better, It must have just taken me this long to get over the excitement form last week. I have the last load of laundry running right now, all I have left is to fold it all and to put it all away. This afternoon I am going to get the kiddies to help withthe dishwasher, adn at some point I am going to get a showere in. It can be difficult to find the time with two still at home. Will have to put a movie in or wait until nap time :(

I have already gotten my situps and pushups done and 20mins with the hula hoop. Yay!! Now I justy need to eat right...but we did go shopping yesterday, so I think I will have a big salad for lunch. YUM Later Chicas

chrily
02-16-2006, 11:39 AM
Morning...

Here I am again. One more kid sick. I finally got to send Tiana back to school, and now Kayla has taken her place as the senior sicky. Nicole is doing better, just has a super nasty sounding cough.

Didn't get to the gym yesterday but did 40 min on my sister's treadmill...10 of that was jogging. I about died! But then I blew it last night by getting a Blizzard at DQ. I had a craving and I figured I may as well cure it instead of snacking my way through other stuff trying to find something to satisfy my craving. I started my day out with a bowl of Special K Protein cereal and fat-free milk. So I'm back to trying to behave myself this morning.

I'll get caught up on some of my homework, since I am playing hookie from work with my little brood of germ-infested children.

Tonight its supposed to be -15 degrees. Tomorrow night its supposed to be a nice balmy -17 below. Yikes. Not liking that one so much.

I'll check back later with you all.

~chris

Losingitin06
02-16-2006, 11:50 AM
I need a real swift kick in the pants... i just ate three chicken fajita's that was leftover from our trip to Montana's lastnight... bleh, i knew that was going to happen

chrily
02-16-2006, 11:27 PM
Okay...consider yourself kicked. I, of course, would have done the same thing if I were in your shoes. I love Fajitas...

~chris

carlytaz
02-17-2006, 05:55 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

well it sounds like everyone is somewhat on track.... at least I am not alone we all are having our little demons .. but we are working through them.. yesterday.. I was doing ok with my eating until supper time then we had to run out and go have our taxes done so we stopped at mcdonalds.... I know bad bad... but hey i dont do it all the time... always have excuses... :D I did get the new spicy chicken...;) so anyways, well i was at my friends house she was going to do our taxes but hubby forgot to bring our w-2... we brought everything else..:( so we made it a hangout night... she gave me this exercise dvd.. because she knows i get bored so quick with stuff... its called zumba its like latin dancing.. so I am going to try that today.. i bet i will be a funny sight... I will let you all know how it is..

so does any one have a great plans for this weekend???

an other question any one have any Ideas for some quick and easy snacks... I am a muncher i love to pick and grab and usually its not to good for me.. so I was thinking of cut up fruit and veggies.. but thats going to get boring any other suggestions.. any help with meal plans and snacks would be so helpful.. it seems like I am never full... that is my biggest problem.. I have been eating oatmeal with raisins for breakfast everyday that does fill me up until lunch time which is wonderful... but its after lunch i start going down hill...Help, Help..... any Ideas what to do???? I feel like i need to start all over again.. the only good thing is.. I have been exercising everyday. since the beginning of january... that is a big plus...

ok well since I bored everyone to tears I will chat with you ladies later.. hope you all have a wonderful day... and drink your water...

God Bless
Carly

upswife
02-17-2006, 10:23 AM
Carly~don't feel so bad Afternoon/evening are the worst time for me. I have done good so far just drinking water or having a small snack. Peanut butter toast is good. ANy other ideas ladies???

I am not doing good today. I stayed up a little later than normal and got into some of the valentines day candy. But then DD(2.5yo) kept waking up. She started a fever yesterday afternoon, and it got worse overnight. I am going to call to see if I can get her an appt. She is really6 not doing good today. I am barely going to make it. I am waiting for DH to call me back~we have DS parent teacher conference this aft too. I am hoping he can get out of work early enough to take DS to the conference. I will do my best, but right now all I want to do is sleep.

Losingitin06
02-17-2006, 11:02 AM
I made it to the gym lastnight despite the horrible weather.. whoo!

chrily
02-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Morning everyone...I'll post a bit later. I have to get to my weight clinic appt. but just wanted to let you know I am still alive...;)

Carly, I will come up with some snack ideas I use, but I'll compose the list in a bit.

LosinIt-Way to go! Bet it feels good to get to the gym

Ellen-There is some nasty flu bugs going around. If your daughters not doing so hot, I'd take her in. Tiana had it and was down for 5 days with a fever of 103. My nephew was hospitalized with it because of his asthma complicating things. All my girls have been sick at one point or another this week. Now I have a sore throat and alot of that disgusting drainage that makes it hurt even worse.

Gotta go warm up the Tahoe...It was -15 last night. Not sure what it was with the windchill. Not really sure I want to find out either. I'll get some goodies together for snack ideas this afternoon....

~chris

upswife
02-17-2006, 05:04 PM
Chris~I took DD in and it turns out to be a UTI. She is on antibiotics and seems to be better as long as the fever is under control. She should be better by Sun or Mon. I was worried that she did have the virus that has been going around. My dad had it and was laid up for three days.

losing~I am happy to hear you made it to the gym. It is an accomplishment with little ones to find the time to go. Great Job!!! :carrot:

Losingitin06
02-17-2006, 06:15 PM
Thank you UPSwife :).
Luckily the YMCA here has a great Child care center that i can put the boys in for an hour while i work out.. the staff there is wonderful :)

I will be heading to the gym again tonight.. i feel so pumped after i've had a good workout!

chrily
02-17-2006, 07:33 PM
Ellen-Glad you got her looked at. When Tiana was 1 1/2, she had a UTI and we didn't know about it. She was running a fever (105 degrees) for 2 weeks and the doctor kept saying virus. Finally I got mad, and took her to a different doctor who ran blood tests and a urine test. I was sooo mad.

I'll be back later with my snacks list...promise. I have to get Tiana to a birthday party.

~chris

upswife
02-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Chris~I am glad I got her cheched out, she is feeling better already. She was sick last year on and off for over a month, and it took the dr seeing green stuff come out of her nose. Then they stoppeed saying it was a virus. But other than these two times she has been really healthy.

Losing~It is so nice to hear that they have child care! The last gym I belonged to had a kid room, but that is all it was. I only had to bring DS there once, I don't think I would have gone if I had to bring all three. Dh and I looked at a bigger gym and they had a better Kid area. We did like it, but budget wise it is a little tight right now. We will see what the future brings.

Have to run ladies. Will try to check in tomorrow after work. ((hugs))

chrily
02-17-2006, 08:34 PM
Snack Ideas:

Celery and 1 wedge of light laughing cow cheese
hard boiled eggs
pickles
1 string cheese
jerky (low sugar)
protein shakes
sugar free jello, alone or with cottage cheese
1 oz. cheese with apple slices
plain or no-sugar-added yogurt
ff cream cheese and cucumber slices
lettuce roll ups-roll lunchmeat, tuna, or egg salad and veggies in lettuce leaf
Lunch meat roll ups-roll cheese and veggies inside lunch meat
raw veggies and low cal dip
protein bars

This is just a few ideas that I snack on occasionally. All yummy.

Losingitin06
02-18-2006, 08:16 AM
Arg, didn't make it to the gym lastnight
My sister called around 5 saying she was comming down to do laundry at our house.. so I had to wait and wait for her to show up.. she shows up at 8:00 (child care goes till 8:30!) with NO laundry i might add!

so i am goign today for sure eventhough the weather is not very nice out again.
Hubby is home today so he will keep the boys... phew

chrily
02-18-2006, 09:45 AM
LosinIt...sorry you didn't get to the gym last night. I didn't get there either. IT was too darn cold here plus I'm getting a cold too.

I don't want to get too nosy or anything but I was wondering if we could get a first name for you. I don't want to keep calling you LosinIt forever. ;)

Are you on any kind of program? Or are you just watching your calorie intake? I'm working with a doctor and a nutritionist at a weight loss clinic. Hopefully I'll get this fat off of me soon. I'm supposed to be eating 1461 calories a day and having a protein with every meal and snack to keep my insulin levels from fluctuating so bad. Which makes me feel awful when it spikes. I get the jitters, foggy headed, and then I binge trying to find that magic food that will make it go away. If I don't have protein with everything, I can do the jitters all day long. I think that's why weight loss is a challenge for me.

Gonna go and work on my homework and laundry and cleaning up my germ infested home. Check back later with everyone...HI ELLEN, HI CARLY!

~chris

Losingitin06
02-18-2006, 02:47 PM
oh man, lol i can't believe i never said my name!
it's Jenn :)

Went to the gym today, also went to the nutrition store in the mall and bought some Decadant Whey protein powder in french vanilla.. MMMMM so yummy, the lady there was so helpful and reccomended buying fredh/frozen berries ect to add on occasion.. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Logan (our 3.5 year old) talked hubby into taking us all to the movies tonight to see curious george.. lol should be fun :)

Losingitin06
02-18-2006, 02:51 PM
Oh yeah and your other question, lol
I'm watching my calorie intake, i'm currently doing a 21 day challenge of only drinking water (except one cup of tea in the morning) and i go to the YMCA atleast 4 days a week

chrily
02-18-2006, 03:53 PM
HEy Your name is the sam as my sisters. That ought to be easy to remember. Who are ya doing the challenge with? We should do a challenge on this thread, get everyone motivated. I know I could use some.

I only got to the gym 3 times this week. With all the kids being sick, its been hard. I'm just gonna have to break out the ol exercise videos this week.

Back to doing my homework. Talk to ya all later.

~chris

Losingitin06
02-19-2006, 09:00 AM
how do you all incorperate exersize into your normal day?

upswife
02-19-2006, 09:01 AM
Jenn~so nice to see your name. Sorry you didn't get to the gym. I know haow disappointing it can be.

Chris~I LOVE you snack ideas!!! I hope you kiddies are doing better.

Well, My DD is finally starting to feel better. It was a rough three nights though. The fever/medicine was making her nausous, and I had to keep getting up with her because she would not sleep for more than a half an hour at a time. But last night it all came together. She slept for 4 hrs then again for another 4 hrs, so I was able to get in about 5hrs last night. DS appears to be getting sick~cough and low fever, but is rolling with it. DH is taking our middle DD to Church this morning, while I stay at home with the other two. All I am hoping for is a nice quiet day, but With DD feeling better she got up this AM full of beans and ready to go!! HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

chrily
02-19-2006, 06:21 PM
oh my gosh..what an idiot! I am having such a hard time with this cold...I posted to the wrong set of friends on another thread. DUH!!!!

My body is so *BLAH*. I haven't eaten all day and I just can't think of anything that sounds good right now. This flu bug is kickin my butt.

Ellen-Glad to hear your daughter is feeling better. Those UTIs are kind of scary to get with little girls.

JEnn-How are you doing today? Hopefully staying well. God knows, I tried.

On the bonus end of sick...I am back down to where I was before my Friday appt at the weight loss clinic. I think I was retaining some water. I did drink a few pops the day before.

Gonna go and get my homework done for tomorrow before I run out of energy. I'm just whipped with this. Darn stuff!

~chris

chrily
02-19-2006, 06:23 PM
oops...Jen, in answer to your question. I usually go to the gym in the evening when my husband is home to watch the kids, with the exception of Wed. After sister #2 gets off work, she watches all the kids while sister #1 and I work out.

Gotta go, my brother just returned with my daughter. I gotta be sociable and cough on him a bit....:D

~chris

upswife
02-19-2006, 08:38 PM
Chris~My brother was smart. He stayed as far away from my house as possible today. He usually comes over and has dinner with us on Sunday, But he must have figured out that there were sickies here. Didn't do anything today, just sat around withthe little one. I think the antibiotics make her tummy upset. She is fine before she gets them, then afterwards tells me that her tummy hurts. Will calll the dr tomorrow to see if we should switch it. Later chicas

chrily
02-19-2006, 09:04 PM
Ellen have you tried giving her yogurt too with the antibiotics? I know it helps with diarrhea caused by antibiotics. It might do the trick. Is she allergic to any antibiotics? That's another problem I've heard alot with antibiotics.

Okay...back to my homework. Now I have a fever to add to my aches. And kids running all over, driving me nuts....

~chris

Losingitin06
02-21-2006, 08:18 AM
Went tot he gym lastnight.. did 35 mins of cardio and the circut.. and signed Logan up for swimming lessons.. he was so excited to get his very own membership!.. A guardian has to swim with him.. so i need to go today and buy a bathign suit.. bleh.
I didn't want to get one before i lost some more.. but being in the pool with him will be more excersize and it is something we can do just the 2 of us.. I feel bad because most of my day is consumed with the baby.. so i don't get much time just with him.... should be fun :)

chrily
02-21-2006, 12:20 PM
Jenn...I swear shopping for a swimming suit is the most humiliating experience for me. I hate to expose myself to people near water. :) Sometime, I'd love to learn to swim. I just don't know how.

That's great for you. Logan will love having some one on one time with his mommy. And yep...more exercise. What a bonus!

Gotta go. I need to pick up my niece from school.

~chris

Losingitin06
02-21-2006, 01:34 PM
:) i'm looking forward to it a lot :).. Logan wanted me to mark Wensday's on the calendar with little fishies :P

chrily
02-21-2006, 11:16 PM
Jenn, How cute! I think you'll both get alot out of it.

I remember this summer, my sister wanted to take the kids to the local pool. I was scared to death. I put my suit on and covered up with some capris and a tee. My sister looked at me and laughed. I told her...I'll take it off when I see someone else larger and whiter than me (I have pale skin). About 5 minutes later, this gal walked out larger than me and whiter...in an awful bright green bathing suit (and I mean BRIGHT). I was forced to strip down to the suit. We went every Friday for the rest of the summer. I know it sounds really shallow to be watching for other people bigger than me, but it showed me something. It really doesn't matter what you look like. It's more important to be there for your kids and make quality time for them. They don't see the weight...all they see is their mom.

~chris

carlytaz
02-22-2006, 05:58 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Wow.... What a chatty bunch you have been... I hope everyone is feeling better.. and it sounds like you ladies have been doing wonderful with keeping on track... GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris thank you so much for the snack ideas... I will be shopping on thursday...

well I went to maine over the weekend and my eating went out the window .. we were driving around so much that when it came time to eat we would stop at mcdonalds or some fast food place like that... but hey i had a good time.. we will be going back in a few weeks.... my hubby wants me to look deeper into maine for houses... I think he wants to get closer to like the farm country but we will see...

anyways, I think I would like to do a challege also,,, that might get me motivated...

well ladies have a wonderful on track day and i will try to post back later..

God Bless
Carly

Losingitin06
02-22-2006, 08:46 AM
my mom is dropping off a peice of equipment she bought at her work (value village).. i'm not sure what it is though.. lol

upswife
02-22-2006, 11:20 AM
Good morning ladies!! I have actually gotten moving this morning. The kiddies are all doing much better. I am either fighting it off or had a really mild case. I am still stuffy, but that is about it. I have to take DS to get his glasses the new lenses are done, then off to the store for some water filters. I have needed one since last week, but now it is time to fill my water container so I have cold water in the fridge, and I don't want bad tasting water!

Jenn~How nice! I hope you and logan enjoy the classes together
Carly~I know it is very hard to stay on track. Keep up the hard woork!
Chris~I hate how I look in a bathing suit, but luckily for me, I love to swim, and have always worn a bathing suit. Going on this cruise though, I had to get a new one...My old one was too big and looked like a tent on me(I was able to use it through my last pregnancy :D) I found a nice one at lands end online. I was skeptical at fist, but I had no other option. I took my measurements, and ordered accordingly..I have never had a suit that fit so well!!!

Well ladies I have laundry to do!! Of to be a domestic goddess (after haveing slcked off for two weeks) Later chicas

chrily
02-22-2006, 11:00 PM
Hi all..group post. I just got done posting on my other thread and my antibiotics are making me want to puke. My arthritis doctor was concered with the high number of my C reactive protein in my blood. Normal is below .8 and active inflammation of my arthritis is around 1.7. Mine was 7.8 today. He walked in and looked at me and asked how I felt. I told him fine. He asked how my joints were...I told him they felt great. He just looked at me and said with the my C reactive number as high as it was...I should have been in severe pain and bedridden. THe only other explanation for it was a bacterial infection. I guess they cause high numbers like that. So...antibiotics for me.

I did manage a workout at the gym this afternoon with my sister. Then I took my antibiotics. Now I'm feeling awful. Mix that with the congested head and coughing..adds up to a great combo.

Jenn_ WHAT DID YA GET???? WHAT DID YOUR MOM BRING YA????

Gotta go. I'll be back tomorrow.

~chris

Losingitin06
02-23-2006, 05:07 AM
lol i have no idea what it is called.. it's some sort of bike.. but has handles that move .. kinda like an eliptial but you pedal it... it's weird and loud.. don't know if i will use it much (it's kinda an old machine).. she has this thing with buying stuff from her work only because she can get it for 50% off.. and even if it is like 10 years old she still says " it would cost a LOT in the store".... sure mom.. whateva LOL

upswife
02-23-2006, 08:40 AM
Jenn~Anything is better than nothing :D At least you can hang clothes on it;) Just remember that your mom is TRYING to help.
Chris~I am sorry the meds are making you sick. Is the dr sure it is an infection, and not an incorrect reading (labs do make mistakes) I hope you feel better soon.

Doing well here, but having some e-bay issues. DH bid on a baseball bat for my Brother and since he had to go to sleep I got to watch it last night. I had my eye on all the time, I was even refreshing the page, then at the last minute someone sniped it, and I did nothave enough time to place another bid. I hate when that happens. HAve a great day all!!

chrily
02-23-2006, 09:19 AM
Jen, I think I know what you're talking about. I had one of those and I got rid of it...too noisy and was kind of a pain in the butt to use. I don't know..try it and see what you think. It might be something you can use. :)

Ellen,I hate it when someone snipes a item from me too on ebay. It's fun watching it though if you're the one selling the item. When my husband sells a radio or a scanner on ebay, the last 10 seconds are the best. The price usually goes up anywhere from $40 to $100 more. So cool. My sister works at Dillards and she got a pair of Ugg boots set aside for me that were on on sale. I'm getting those on Friday and we're gonna auction those off on ebay too. I'm interested to see what they bring in. Diesel shoes go really good and my sister has made lots of money off of those.

Gotta go. It's my day to work. I get to sit in my little room in my own personal printing h*ll. I print the labels for our candy bags on Thursdays. I missed last week because the kids were all sick so this week its DOUBLE the work. darn... Check back in the evening.

~chris

upswife
02-24-2006, 09:36 AM
Ladies~I am doing very well this AM! I WI and I am down 3# and I broke through my lowest weight! I was 231 and it is a step in the right direction. I just need to keep moving this way and not get so boged down. Have a great day Ladies!!!

PS. And we finally won a bat for my brother. it will not get here in time, but he will love it when it comes.

Losingitin06
02-24-2006, 09:57 AM
Blah, woke up sick today.
have a major case of the sniffles.
My sister suckerd me into watching her kids around 4.. so i won't be able to go to the gym till later on tonight.. arg

chrily
02-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Jenn, rest if you can. This virus is all over the place. Seems everyone I'm talking to has it.

Ellen-Congrats on the bat! Hope your brother likes it.

I have to get back to my homework. I'm slacking so bad.

~chris

Losingitin06
02-24-2006, 08:58 PM
What are you in school for chris?

I didn't get to the gym tonight.. really not feeling well. I guess it wouldn't have been smart to go while feeling so crappy.

My new computer arrived today :) I love my hubs

carlytaz
02-25-2006, 10:59 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

I hope all is well with everyone... sorry I have not posted in a couple days.. just been very busy... trying to get organized and my life under control. we all know how that goes... so this week has been a wash pretty much the kids home all day just seems to wear me out and they are older to.. plus work has been getting busy again.. which in the long run is a good thing... bills get paid when you get a pay check...:D

my water intake has slipped but i will get back on track... but in general things are ok...

well have a wonderfull day and stay on track......

God Bless
Carly

chrily
02-25-2006, 11:40 AM
Jenn-I'm getting my AAS Accounting Technology degree. When I get Nicole into school, then I'm going to take other classes so that I can get my Bachelor's Degree.

Cara-My week has kind of been a wash too. There is just too much going on. I still have alot of homework to do today. I have the girls helping to pick up and all, but its still hectic.

Okay...I'm gonna go and get my homework started for the day. Tiana had a Basketball game at 7:45 this morning, so that was basically the start of my day and its only 9:30, so I should be able to get alot accomplished this morning before I take my two nieces home.

~chris

carlytaz
02-26-2006, 08:51 AM
hello Ladies,

well today is the beginning of a new day... I will be drinking my water.. cleaning my house and office today so that will keep me moving all day... I will try to get in some actual exercise later:carrot: ... and i am going portion control ... so i think that is a good start... I had my oatmeal for breakfast.. that keeps me full for a very long time... so thats always a plus..

well I hope you are all having a nice weekend... and staying on track...

I hope all the children a feeling ok... well have a great day and i will check back later... off to cleaning I go... :D

God Bless
Carly

chrily
02-26-2006, 05:47 PM
Hi Carly, Ellen, and Jenn...I was gonna start eating better today but I'm going to start back tomorrow. I have a baby shower to go to tonight and I cannot guarantee that I'll behave. I'm giving myself permission to be off my program for the night. THat TOM is coming so I am craving chocolate and all sorts of disgusting food that I usually don't have much of an appetitie for.

We've been cleaning out my husband's office today and I have to do my computer assignments too. That's due tomorrow. So I'll check back after the baby shower

~chris

carlytaz
02-27-2006, 05:57 AM
Morning Ladies,

well the Kids go back to school today... yipppyyyyy.... I wont hear how bored they are all day long... :D Maybe I will be able to get there rooms clean that will be a good thing..

anyways, yesterday wasnt a great eating day but it wasnt a back one either.. today will be better... I even took the skin off my chicken yesterday .. that is a big step I dont do that... but i am going to start.. I told my daughter it was high time we all started to eat right in this house .. it is to hard for me to try and eat correctly and the rest just go about there day.. we all need to be healthy .. so I am challenging my hubby and daughter to a 3 month lets get healthy . and hopefully when hubby feels better he will want to continue to eat healthy ... he is the hard one to get going.. but I am going to try...

well ladies have a great day... I will check back later...

Chris how was the Shower???

God Bless
Carly

upswife
02-27-2006, 08:41 AM
Good morning ladies!! You all sound great!! I had a good weekend, but my weight loss did not stick. I am back up a little, but not as high as my ticker, maybe I should change it. I will think about it and figgure it out. I have to get DS on the bus, so I will check back later.

((Hugs))

Losingitin06
02-27-2006, 08:46 AM
Good morning ladies :)
Just checking in... brr it's a cold one today.

Heading to the YMCA for 1:00 today :)
My mom bout me a Bullet (food chopper thing).. and she is dropping it off on her way to work.. i'm so excited!..

My goal for this week is to work out atleast 5 days... i'm planning on Monday,Tuesday,thursday,friday,sat and having a rest day on sunday.

Losingitin06
02-27-2006, 08:46 AM
Good morning ladies :)
Just checking in... brr it's a cold one today.

Heading to the YMCA for 1:00 today :)
My mom bout me a Bullet (food chopper thing).. and she is dropping it off on her way to work.. i'm so excited!..

My goal for this week is to work out atleast 5 days... i'm planning on Monday,Tuesday,thursday,friday,sat and having a rest day on sunday.

chrily
02-28-2006, 12:00 AM
The shower went great...I didn't even eat the cake! Andrea had a great time. She needed so many things for her baby and I think we all stocked her up quite well. You could tell she really appreciated all the gifts. For someone who has so little, you can just see her eyes light up and take in everything about her baby. That is one mommy who is in love with her child. It's just neat to see that.

I, on the other hand, didn't fair so well today. TOM is here and I'm craving chocolate and candy like you wouldn't believe. I gave in and ate a ton..not a little, but alot. I'm feeling guilty. I just don't know why I sabotage things. It's almost like somewhere deep inside my mind, I want to stay fat. But I really know I don't.

I will say, that on the plus side of the day, I drank a ton of water. I spent so much time racing back and forth to the bathroom at work. The Charmin company loves me. ;)

Hey Jenn-Did you try out the Bullet yet? I saw one of those in a sale ad the other day. They look pretty cool. I'm scared of gadgets though...I usually can find one way or another to kill em..

Hey Ellen-What's up with you? I'm up a bit too. I know part of its due to water retention but I know and have to admit, it's probably more due to my overeating and lack of moving. I gotta get out of this rut. I go so good for so long and then *BAM* I'm struggling. Actually, it's more like I have to halves of myself fighting eachother. The one who wants to be skinny (the angel) and the one who wants me to do all the bad unhealthy things (the devil). That's the most stressful part of this...

Gonna go and check my email and relax in the tub for a bit, I think. Or maybe go to bed early.

~chris

Losingitin06
02-28-2006, 05:59 AM
LOL i tried the guacamole recepie they had in the recepie book that comes with it.. but they say 2-3 cloves of garlic.. well i put in 2 and it was WAY too much..

i'm going to use it this morning to make myself an omlett.. we will see how it goes :)

upswife
02-28-2006, 08:48 AM
I am here, and feeling a little better. DH and I were going to take the kiddiews out side yesterday (It was in the 40's I think), But thena good friend called, and my MIL called and we had to take care of some money issues. In the end the kids went out side and played by them selves for about 40 min, then DH took DS out and played a little baseball. I did not move as much as I wanted but I have to work this afternoon, and that will get me moving a little. I will try to see whet else I can do! It is getting warmer here, so I am going to aim for a walk every day with the kids. Have to get DS on the bus, Later chicas