Support Groups - 8 weeks until christmas! A challenge anyone?

fitgal2
11-01-2005, 12:19 PM
Hey all...so its November 1st who is up for a holiday challenge?

there are 8 weeks until Christmas, why don't we make it our goal to lose 1 pound per week (or more if you can) until christmas? We can designate our respective holiday (christmas/Hanukah etc) as the day we celebrate our personal successes...in any way you want . It could be no diet restritions for that day...buy yourself a gift and wrap it up so you can enjoy it on that day...what ever... we can share our new on here, what we are doing, how we celebrated etc... WHO DO YOU THINK???

I am up for it, who wants to join in???
Fitgal2

lazeedayzee
11-01-2005, 02:18 PM
OK, I'm in. (I'm new to the site - nice to meet you!)

This is exactly what I need. I'd love to aim for 2 pounds per week, but with the holidays... ...baby steps, right?

SW - 163
CW - 155
GW - 130
Christmas mini-goal - 147

This will get me back to where I was last June. I had made great progress since March, but then I moved. I was mega stressed out and went backwards a bunch. Ugh.

OK, my present to myself will be strappy red heels for my mini-goal, and kick-*** new jeans when I reach my goal weight. (I only have 2 pairs that fit at all right now. One has holes in the crotch, the other is way too low-rise.)

Cool, good luck! Talk to you soon,

Emily

kimberlydrn
11-01-2005, 02:22 PM
Count me in! I'd love to lose 15 pounds by Christmas. I started WW core today and my goal is to exercise 5 days/week also. I feel like I'm really motivated to lose it this time.

fry_mom@yahoo.com
11-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Sure what the heck I'll try it. But my present to myself is weight lose, and feeling better about myself. Good Luck!

mamamoore4
11-01-2005, 03:11 PM
I'm in. I've been losing since about August or Septmber and I've lost 27 lbs. with 38 to go. I hadn't planned on losing during the holidays, I LOVE to bake and have 4 kids and a hubby that love to eat it BUT I'll join this challenge and work on 1 pound a week. That could put me down to 175 with a total of a 35 pound loss. I think that sounds great. I'll be more than half way to my goal.

Niecey
11-01-2005, 03:27 PM
I'm in too! I'd like to lose a few pounds for our compan Christmas party and I'll be going to a friend Christmas party also.

fitgal2
11-02-2005, 07:48 PM
Weeeeeeeeee I am soo excited!!
This will be so fun! Congrats to everyone on their current successes! Now we can add ONE MORE to that list this holiday season! YAY for us! Keep up the great work!!! I still have not decided on my "gift" yet...but will keep you posted!

Today--I didn't go to the gym--wasn't feeling so good--- but ate extremely well!!!

kimberlydrn
11-03-2005, 01:13 AM
I ate really well today also and made it to the gym. I was pretty tired so I only did 30 minutes of cardio, but I figure it's better than nothing. I'll do my first official weigh on Friday and every Friday after that.

fitgal2
11-08-2005, 08:08 PM
Hey all! I have been out of town for a while...in the fun process of buying a house!!! anyway, I have not made it to the gym since saturday (boooo) but have been eating quite well, aside from the slip up on friday...(had Dairy queen) but I made up for it over the weekend buy being extra good! that still does not justify it though...BUT can't bee tooooooo strick or it will come back to bite me in the a** lol keep at it ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are gonna blows people AWAY!!!
weeeeeee

Bayleysmom
11-09-2005, 01:19 AM
Hey I'm in too! I've been on WW since July and had a 15 pound loss goal, I'm just over 10 pounds gone and am having a hard time with the last 5. And actually since I started at 3fc July of 04 I've lost almost 20 pounds which is crazy to think about. Anyway I think being in a group like this around the holidays will be great and will give me that extra kick in the butt that I need. Not sure what my present to myself will be, maybe just lookin good in my clothes! lol Well I'll be checking in with you ladies to see how everyone is doing. GO US!!

Smoo
11-09-2005, 08:54 AM
Count me in :carrot:

I'd love to be down to 139 before Christmas.

lazeedayzee
11-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Well, I weighed this morning, and I'm down 3 pounds. And it's my TOM, so I'm overjoyed.

(My DBF, in his infinite sensitivity, said to me this morning "3 pounds? That's not very much." Grrrr. :censored: We had a talk. In his defense, he back-pedaled immediately. He's trying to lose weight too, but doesn't really use the scale, and so doesn't set much store in small victories. Men. :rolleyes: )

fitgal, what plan are you on? I'm doing WW (loosely, no meetings) and I am just love that if I have to get Wendy's, then I don't have to feel guilty about it. Guilt will send me to Ben and Jerry's faster than just about anything. Good for you for getting back in stride right away though.

fitgal2
11-10-2005, 04:18 PM
Hey ladies! :D
Well I am not really on a "plan" pre se, I am just trying to cut out the junk and watch portion sizes. I do however love WW philosophy, I had a friend "on it" during university, she didn't lose any weight, but thats her own fault (she really didn't follow it at all...thus no weight loss obviously). I was able to borrow the WW stuff from her! My mom's friend loves it and she has lost like 8 pounds already...I would love to join WW but right now I don't have the money.

This week has been tough for me, I am eating well I just have no energy for the gym, so I took time off of the gym this week-guilt free- I will start fresh next week! :carrot:

modemama
11-11-2005, 08:45 AM
Sure, I'm in. 8 pounds sounds like it would be a great mini goal for Christmas. I'm currently 228 so I need to get to 220.

fitgal2
11-11-2005, 03:28 PM
:wave: Welcome modemama!!!! and Hello to everyone else!!!!! :twirly:

lazeedayzee THREE POUNDS!!!! Weeeee thats awsome!!! good work girly!!!

OK
:cp: ITS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woo: :balloons:
How was everyones week? How is the diet/fitness going for everyone? Some how I have managed to lose some weight this week without working out :?: , I am down a pound woohoo :carrot: Maybe all my body needed was some rest!

Well hope all of you have a great day, 45 days until christmas...WE CAN DO IT!!! :strong: :ebike:

fitgal2

kimberlydrn
11-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Fitgal2-Congrats on the 1 pound loss!!!! I'm down 1 pound as of this morning too. I'll take it. I love to see the scale moving in the right direction. I'm off to the gym to do some HIIT. We can do this!!!

Wide in Winnipeg
11-12-2005, 02:59 AM
Hey a little late but I'm in too!! I am happy to take this challange!!!
Wendy

Bayleysmom
11-12-2005, 06:44 PM
Hey ladies! Great job on the losses for those of you that reported. I don't weigh in till Tuesday but I need to watch it the next few days so I can see a loss. I've been a little lazy in the past few weeks and it's showing up on the scales. I'm hoping I can be to 135 by the time Christmas time but since I am losing slower these days I'm not sure. I bet I can if I really stick to it. Anyway just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing. Looks like we have a great group here! Talk to you all soon!

fitgal2
11-14-2005, 11:47 AM
Welcome newbies and congrats to those who have lost thus far!

I FINALLY got my butt to the gym! yeah for me!!!! I did legs and cardio...MY LEGS KILL already! Oh well its a good hurt! Hope everyone had a great weekend! I did a lot of house hunting (man there is NOTHING that I like :( ) I managed to eat well considering I ate out twice this weekend..but I made smart choices! So yeah that is the latests update!

Have a geat day!

momof5
11-14-2005, 05:08 PM
With my co-workers asking me for chocolate candy, it is going to be hard. But I would love to lose even 5 pounds before Christmas. It's onto the scales tomorrow morning.
Roz

kimberlydrn
11-14-2005, 05:27 PM
I made it to the gym today too for HIIT again and back, shoulders, chest, and triceps. I feel great. I love the way I feel after a workout. I'm not hungry today either for some reason....weird....I guess there's a first time for everything, hehe.

fitgal2
11-14-2005, 07:30 PM
Hey Momof5:

tell those coworkers of yours that "they can have your share." And just remeber that the satifcation of the chocolate does not last long, but the satisfaction and pride of loseing weight does!!!!!! weeeeeeeee JUST SAY NO!!!!!! hahaha Listen I have the same weakness! My mom has chocolate :devil: around ALL THE TIME! Why don't we hold each other accountable ( and anyone else who needs a good "scolding" haha :carrot: )...Lets promise to NOT EAT chocolate until Christmas day! And if we do we have report it to our friends here!!!
JUST SAY NO! :nono: We can do this ladies!!!!!!!! WE can, we can, we can!!

fitgal2
11-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Hey everyone!

So today I went to the gym! I am feeling great, pumping the iron and then all of a sudden I get really light headed:stars: ...so I sit down and put my head between my kness...I start to feel better so I sit up...opp nope not good light headed again:stars: ....feel better, sit up...nope light headed again, :stars: then the lady next to me asks if I am ok..."i am feeling really light headed"i tell her.. she stays with me for a bit, then goes to get a trainer, they bring me juice and sit with me for a bit! Man this must have went on for the better part of half an hour, finally I am able to stand up...I leave...didn't finish my workout obviously, man how annoying! Oh well what can you do!

Wide in Winnipeg
11-18-2005, 04:12 PM
hey Fitgal,sorry about your dizzy spells,I know how it feels!!
sO HOW IS EVERYONE DOING?? I have lost a couple pounds,but I cant weigh myself till next Wednesday.I started working out again last Wed. so I'll give it a week!
Wendy

modemama
11-18-2005, 08:25 PM
I lost 5 pounds this week. I know the first diet week usually yields the most weight loss. I'm increasing my goal a bit to compensate for extra loss. :carrot:

fitgal2
11-19-2005, 12:20 AM
Wow! Awsome ladies! You rock!!!! Great work on the weight loss...I am still holding have not lost, but have not gained!! I am still doing the workouts but taking it on the easy side for a few days after that dizzy spell...probably for the best I would think!. So how has everyone been doingon the diet side? What is a typical day like for you?

Here is my day:

BF-bowl of all bran and water
L-chicken salad or chicken/turkey sandwich
s-fruit or nothing
D-chiken a carb like brown rice and veggies/salad
After diiner is the toughest for me, the Night time munch moster creaps up...how do you all handel this? some days are better than others for me, I try to come on the chat forums at take a bath and read a magazine but there are just some days ya know...

anyway hope everyone is doing well!
FG

kimberlydrn
11-23-2005, 09:18 PM
Fitgal2- I struggle so much with those late night munchies also. Sometimes I can fight temptation, sometimes I can't. A lot of times, I'll read dieting threads, but I'm beginning to wonder if it's keeping me constantly thinking about food. I need to find another way to distract myself from food at nighttime.

Here's a typical "good" day....
Breakfast-1/2 cup oatmeal with I can't believe it's not butter spray and splenda (sometimes I'll add a few blueberries).
Snack-15 almonds or 1 tbsp. peanut butter with 1/2 c. milk
Lunch-1 cup taco soup and Blue Bunny fudgelite
Snack-Dannon 3gr carb yogurt
Dinner-chicken breast, salad, Blue Bunny fudgelite

Here lately, I've only had about 3-4 good days per week, and I'm not losing. I'm going to try to get focused after tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wide in Winnipeg
11-23-2005, 11:37 PM
well,I'm down 6lbs!!! Not bad for my first week!! 3lbs. to go for Christmas goal!!
Wendy

kimberlydrn
11-24-2005, 02:38 AM
Congrats Wendy!!! How did you lose 6 pounds in 1 week? Advice please......

fitgal2
11-24-2005, 12:23 PM
YAY congrats...yes advice please!!!

great work..keep it up

kimberlydrn
11-29-2005, 09:52 AM
Well, I've been eating totally clean since Thanksgiving. This is day 5 and I'm even surprising myself. I'm so ready to get this weight off and I'm not planning any cheats until Christmas Eve. I'll relax from the eating/workout regime for 2 days (Christmas Eve and Christmas Day) , then it's back to healthy eating. I feel so much better already. I felt so bad TGV night after stuffing my face and had a food hangover the next day. How's everyone else doing?

fitgal2
11-29-2005, 05:14 PM
Well....

I had a pretty bad weekend, totally slacked off...but have been doing well for the past two days, eating clean!!! I am not planning any cheats until chritsmas either!

Keep at it ladies!!!

fitgal2
12-01-2005, 07:03 PM
Where is everyone???

Ok...you are all MIA!!! either you are all exercising your booties off (in which case, woohoo!!!) or you have fallen off the challenge train! WHATS UP????

I am down two pounds whooo hoooo!!! how is everyone else doing?

Let me know!

kimberlydrn
12-01-2005, 11:54 PM
Congrats fitgal!!! That's awesome!:cp: :bravo: :woo: I'm still eating clean. I've managed to make it through a whole week now with no junk food and I've exercised at least an hour 6 days. I've stayed off the scales all week. My weigh in is tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Smoo
12-02-2005, 07:37 AM
Congrats fitgirl!! :carrot:

Good luck at your weigh in tomorrow Kimberly!

Well...I stepped on the scale this am, I've lost 2 lbs. putting me at 140 my Christmas goal :D This is the original goal that I set when I first started doing WW last year.

kimberlydrn
12-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Congrats Smoo!!!!!! That's wonderful. I'm down 1 pound....not quite what I was expecting but I'll take it.

kimberlydrn
12-05-2005, 07:57 PM
I'm down another pound!!! 3 more to go-YEAH!

fitgal2
12-06-2005, 11:18 AM
:cheer: Whoohoo!!!!:cheer:

yeah yeah yeah keep it up ladies!!!!

kimberlydrn
12-10-2005, 05:26 PM
Havent' been posting because I'm not doing too well....there's food everywhere!