100 lb. Club - Weekly Journal Buddy Thread (31 Oct-6 Nov)

DishyFishy
10-31-2005, 09:39 AM
Hope you're feeling better, rabidstoat.

I'm away off to Calgary later this evening where I'll be dining on Subway sarnies most of the time. I might even pre-weigh my cereal and raisins to take with me so I can have a decent, healthy brekkie. :angel: :lol: I'm not sure if I'll be able to post before my return on Friday.

Hope you all have a smashing week!

Sun 30/10:

Breakfast: 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, cup 0% milk.
Late-Morning: Shake (6 oz banana, 2 oz bluberries, cup 2% plain yogurt).
Mid-Agternoon: 3 sushi maki rolls, salad (red cabbage, carrot, onion, tomato); 1 l water.
Snack: 1 square Green & Black's 70% organic chocolate.
Dinner: 5 oz chicken breast (grilled), 1 cups rice, mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes; 1 l water.
Snack: Small organic veggie cake; 500 ml water.
Extra Drinks: 500 ml coffee with 2 tblsp. half & half, cup 0% milk, 250 ml green tea.

Total kcals: 1508 (plus free veggies)

Exercise: None.

SuchAPrettyFace
10-31-2005, 01:36 PM
Hope you have a good week too!

I came into work today & someone (a well meaning coworker) left a bag of goodies on my desk!!!) :eek:

Today:

4 swallows cold coffee @ home

1 peanut butter cup
1 packet peanut M&M's
1 small box orange tangerine juicy juice
2 truffle-style pieces of chocolate. :eek:
1 cup coffee, w/soymilk

1 cobb salad
2 T buttermilk ranch dressing
20oz water
1 cup lemon ginseng green tea

1 6inch turkey, provolone, mayo, extra spinach, tomato, green pepper, onion, black olive sub on whole wheat bread
1 bag chips
20oz water

2 cups beef chili
1/2 serving carrot ricotta soup
1-2 oz marble jack cheese
2-4 oz homemade pumpkin seeds

goalnorolls
10-31-2005, 02:01 PM
I woke up late but grabbed some lunch meat instead of making tuna.

I didn't goto the grocery store either :(

So far I've had a bagel, a bottle of water, yogurt, baked lays, a low fat ham and cheese sandwich on whole wheat. (no carrots today!) another bottle of water and now I'm eating a banana. I think I'm eating too much I feel like I've been eating every hour but today is busy at work and I'm stressed!!
Tonight we are doing soup and sandwiches because of trick or treating!

jillybean720
10-31-2005, 03:00 PM
Monday:

yogurt
4 mini peanut butter cups, 3 peanut butter hershey kisses, 1 kitkat, 2 3Musketeers, and a fun-size butterfinger bar (all figured into my FitDay totals for the day!)
sandwich (ham, swiss, lettuce, miracle whip, and honey mustard on reduced-calorie white bread)
Smartfood popcorn
Special K bar

pulled pork and swiss w/wheat rolls

Total: about 1800 calories and way high in fat thanks to the candy

activeadventurer
10-31-2005, 05:41 PM
Hi folks,

Hope you are having a great time dishy and welcome home rabidstoat. Food has been good except fot that one "danish lunch". I would like to cut down or out the snacking that I do at my new job. There is tons of junk food everywhere. Part of my job is to replenish the candy dish with bags of candy I keep in my desk!!! So far I have been very moderate in my intake but want to cut it to zero and drink more water. I would like to commit to water only or one mini treat for tomorrow. I can't say I have been doing that well with exercise. I haven't been to the gym in 3-4 days. I am sure it is that success thing with the LMT. (Thanks for your post Jillybean) I am giving myself an extra week to finish up. Posting really helps.

See ya,
Denise

rabidstoat
10-31-2005, 08:26 PM
It's funny, we have tons of candy at work too. And almost all of us are trying to lose weight. It makes no sense! I've finally weaned myself off the candy dish, if I want candy I go downstairs and buy a full candy bar. Sure, it's more candy, but it seems like eating candy. Otherwise it seems like I'm just 'snacking' and I'll eat like a dozen little ones.

But anyway....

Breakfast
Weight Control Quaker Oats oatmeal (tasted terrible! I'm thinking of giving it to trick-or-treaters :))
Fruit and yogurt parfait from McD's

Lunch
Healthy Choice (whiskey grilled steak)

Snack
Small angel food smoothie

Dinner
7 oz tilapia, with a Thai peanut coating
1 cup couscous with mixed veggies

Trick or treat
Snack sized Snickers

Exercise: 30 minutes on the bike
What I watched: Show on prison boot camp
Calories: About 1600

And I still feel sick. :( It's a cold or something, congested, sore throat, headache, all of that.

jillybean720
11-01-2005, 06:59 AM
Tuesday:

Carnation instant breakfast w/1% milk
Special K bar
instant oatmeal
Healthy Choice chicken tortilla soup
Smartfood popcorn
dinner yet TBD (but it will be chicken and something since I took the chicken out of the freezer this morning!)
Total: without dinner included, 700 calories. Will update with dinner later.

Sandi
11-01-2005, 09:34 AM
I'm going to give this a try again. It really helps to be accountable.

11/1/05
210 - Mint Zone Perfect Bar
100 - Soy Crisp Minis
450 - Grilled Chicken Teriaki Rice Bowl
50 - Pretzels
70 - Oranges

Charbar
11-01-2005, 09:37 AM
Hi Sandi! glad to see you :D

BethC
11-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Hi Sandi welcome back. Posting here really helps!

rabidstoat
11-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Poor nutrition day today. Leftover Halloween candy, and being sick in bed munching on popcorn all afternoon, did me in. But calorie-wise, not horrible.

Breakfast
Lowfat yogurt with granola

Lunch
Chicken BLT salad from Wendy's, with croutons and LF honey mustard dressing
1 fun size Milky Way

Afternoon grazing
Entire bag of butter flavor popcorn
6 tootsie rolls

Dinner
Shrimp creole over brown rice

No exercise, feeling sick. Calories were around 1960.

goalnorolls
11-01-2005, 11:53 PM
Halloween
I listed my a.m. stuff.
Came home had the harvest mix, had the choc icing off a cupcake, ate a kit kat...I was so bad but not as bad as today

I am off work today...didn't go to the store until tonight.

I stopped at sonic for ds2 this a.m. and thought I get a breakfast tortilla oh and he'd like one too...and he loves hashbrowns too. Well he did eat the hasbrowns I had like 4. But he didn't care for the tortilla so guess what? I ate it 26 points basically right there.
I didn't write it down.

Had a sandwich for lunch- 4 points

ate a bagel

dinner had green beans, small serving potatoes and roast beef

I'm guessing I had 50 points

But I have gone to the store finally. I got all the things I need to succeed. So hopefully with the walk last night and the planned meals I will do good. I planned my meals with a meat, a starch and a vege for dinner(except tues)
Why I didn't go to walmart on sunday I'll never know but the time threw me off whack!

SuchAPrettyFace
11-02-2005, 01:06 AM
Today was just horrible. Worse than Saturday.

It was our Halloween Potluck @ work. I ate crap all day, thinking I would get a Shrimp Salad @ Burger King on the way home to redeem myself.

BURGER KING NO LONGER OFFERS THEIR DELICIOUS GARDEN SALAD W/HOT SHRIMPS IN A POUCH TO PUT ON IT, ALONG W/BALSAMIC TOMATO DRESSING.

:mad: JERKS. :mad:

Tomorrow will be better. Can't get much worse!

BethC
11-02-2005, 07:41 AM
Ok, I'm back again. I've had a bit of a rough time, first the friend, then "suspicious tissue" on my first mammogram. Since it was my first, they had nothing to compare it too, I spent a few hysterical days waiting for the 2nd round, only to be told yesterday that everything is fine. :)

I'm not sure I'll ever get back the years of my life that I lost freaking out for the past few days!

The good news is, that although I did eat a little more than usual for me, I've stayed exactly the same on the scale, so I can just move on now. This is huge for me. Before this weight loss attempt, the month of October I just went through would have caused me give up completely and when I came to my senses - if I came to my senses, it would have been at least January and I would have gained something like 25+lbs. I can now honestly say if I could do it, anyone can!

So I'll be on tomorrow with my food from today.

Have a good day everyone!

jillybean720
11-02-2005, 08:22 AM
Yesterday was a bit of a disaster. I was fine all day till dinner--chicken breast (good), pierogies (not so bad), soda (not diet!), and about 5 fun-size 3 Musketeers bars and 2 KitKats :faint:
I've already started today off poorly--

cocoa puffs w/1% milk
handful of peanut butter Hershey kisses
handful of mini reese's peanut butter cups
I also didn't pack my lunch, and I don't feel particularly well today. I think I'm going to try to leave work early so I don't eat anything bad from the cafeteria and can go home and rest to prevent what feels like a cold coming on from slamming me!

DishyFishy
11-02-2005, 11:28 AM
Okay, I'm in the hotel and I have a bit of time, so I thought I'd pop in. :)

Hello, Sandi! I'm so glad to see you here! And Beth, good to have you back too. Well done for not abandoning all your good habits in the face of adversity.

Monday was a great day for me--ate within my allowance, drank lots of water, and got plenty of exercise. I even managed to include (and stop at) two pieces of Hallowe'en ket (a treat sized Coffee Crisp and a mini bag of Doritos at 80 kcals each).

Yesterday I walked non-stop around Calgary for 8.06 miles, :tired: drank over 3 litres of water (plus a pint of beer!), but exceeded my kcal allowance by about 300. I succumbed to a couple of bits of hubby's pizza because my feet were too sore to stand in the massive line at Subway! This morning, I can't believe I was stupid enough to use that as an excuse, especially as hubby would have quite happily popped across to Subway for me! :sigh: Today will be better. :yes:

I have to find a way to fill in some time today, so I'm thinking of trying out the hotel's gym. :eek: Only if it's fairly empty though.... I checked it out last night--it's very small, but it has a selection of machines including a couple of elliptical trainers. At least, I think that's what they are! :lol: I haven't the foggiest idea really, much less how to use the fliiping things! :rofl: Still, I'm going to try. :yes: And if it provides a little entertainment for any onlooker, that's okay too. Really. :) I'll let you know how I get on....

SuchAPrettyFace
11-02-2005, 02:53 PM
Congrats for realizing that about yourself, Beth! And congrats on how far you've come!

Fishy--sounds like you're having a great time in Calgary! :)

Today:

1 cup coffee w/soymilk
2 sourdough hard pretzels
1 cup stronger coffee & soymilk

bextra, aleve & tylenol, oh my! (TOM)

1 spicy chicken sammich w/cheese
1 baked potato w/chives, RF sour cream & a packet of chili hot sauce
1 serving mandarin oranges

rabidstoat
11-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Still sick. :( But going to the doctor tomorrow.

Breakfast
Low sugar oatmeal
1 Morningstar Farm breakfast patty
apple

Lunch
Healthy Choice basil chicken meal
Romaine lettuce salad with LF Italian dressing

Snack
Fun size Milky Way

Dinner
Bowl of chicken noodle soup
6" turkey and cheese sub from Subway

No exercise. Calories: about 1250

BethC
11-03-2005, 10:22 AM
Ok, as promised, I'm back.

Here's yesterday...

1 - coffee
1 - egg whites
3 - luna bar
5 - zone bar
5 - candy (damn Halloween, but it's almost gone)
6 - LC chicken
0 - sugar snap peas
4 - 2 eggs
25 points

I also did 65 mins of cardio and worked out 1 hour with the trainer. I'm exhausted today! But I'm going down in a little bit to do at least 30 mins of cardio, we'll see how I feel.

I love having the gym downstairs at work, it's so convenient!

Have a great day everyone.

goalnorolls
11-03-2005, 03:28 PM
Yesterday:

Bagel 5
Peach Yogurt 2
ham and cheese on whole wheat 5
bottle of water
1 can diet coke
Baked lays 2
Grilled Chicken 5 ? its written down at home! :)
Pasta Salad 5
Corn with butter buds
Skinny Cow sandwich 2
= 28 pts

DS 11 broke out the halloween candy while we watched t.v. an extra mini almond joy flew across the room into my mouth- it was half the size of a snack size I'm guessing about 2 pts

Another water Another diet coke

Didn't get my water in at all today.
Nor did I do good on my fruit and veges.

Woke up at 2 a.m. because ds11's pillowcase of candy was taken away and it was calling me ....
2 mini crunch bars - 4 pts
baked lays - 2 pts
Water

this a.m.
Bagel - 5
Banana- 2
Baked Lays- 2
Ham cheese on wheat = 5 pts
Peach light yogurt= 2

Dinner will be a large romaine lettuce salad with lots of tomato and baslamic vin dressing and 1/2 cheap pizza. (they're small! and within points)

Will also have a skinny cow sandwich later

jillybean720
11-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Too much candy yesterday, then too many pierogies for lunch! At least dinner was some sensible cut-up chicken breast with broccoli and corn cooked in teriyaki sauce (lower-cal due to being sweetened with pineapple juice) with maybe 1/2 cup of "beef lo mein" (an instant noodle side package thingy--there wasn't actually any beef to be found).
Yesterday's total: about 2150 calories :o

Today rounds off the unhealthy streak I've had these past few days:

entirely too much candy (all mini peanut butter cups)
Subway 12" chicken teriyaki sub on honey oat bread (no cheese), 2 cookies, diet soda
Total: about 1820 calories (awesome taste-wise, not horrible calorie-wise, but dispicable nutrition-wise :devil:)

rabidstoat
11-03-2005, 08:27 PM
Still sick BUT I'm starting to feel better. I'm going back to work tomorrow, and will exercise starting either tomorrow or Saturday, depending on how I feel.

Breakfast
Nothing (did a fasting blood test, so no breakfast, arrgh)

Lunch
McDonald's grilled chicken sandwich
McDonald's medium fries

Snacks
3 lowfat perogies with some low fat margarine
Small bowl of Frosted Flakes (from an individual serving box) with 2% milk

Dinner
Vegetarian stuffed pepper
Lowfat yogurt

Calories: About 1600. Hoping to feel better tomorrow.

jillybean720
11-04-2005, 07:26 AM
Well, looks like the candy hasn't done too badly for me--I weighed in at TOPS with a loss of 2.25 pounds last night :carrot:

Of course, I let that get to my head and went overboard with the candy again already this morning, so no more for today (or over the weekend, since all the candy is in the office, but I won't be there with it!)! Anyway, here's today:

too much candy
instant oatmeal
apple
wheat pasta w/tomato sauce (w/turkey sausage cooked in)
2 slices Papa John's pizza (pepperoni and sausage) and 3 cheese bread sticks
Total: 2361 calories

DishyFishy
11-04-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm back from Calgary! :woo: TBH, I don't care for the place that much, and I only go to keep hubby company. He has to go down for work, so I end up having to find ways to amuse myself all day. Yesterday was about the worst it's ever been for me: first we were awoken at 04:45 by the hotel's fire alarm, and next salute, TOM showed its ugly face (complete with wicked cramps) a week early! :(

I exceeded my kcal allowance both yesterday and Wednesday. The food was fine (Subway sarnies), but it was too many lattes that took me over. I know it's a poor excuse, but I have to fill in my time somehow, and sitting in Starbuck's with my crossword book is a great killer of time. :^: Plus, my hormones decided they needed a lot of comforting drinks yesterday!

I did hit the hotel gym both days though. :angel: I posted in the exercise thread for Weds. Yesterday I did the following:
Elliptical: 10 mins on level 3;
Treadmill: 15 mins at 3.5 mph for 2, 4.5 mph for 1;
Elliptical: 5 mins as above;
Treadmill: 7 mins at 3.5 mph for 1, 4.5 mph for 2;
Rowing: 10 mins on level 8;
Elliptical: 5 mins as above.
I also walked around downtown for 6 miles, but this was at a leisurely pace and liberally interspersed with coffee breaks. :lol:

Hubby's going back down on Tuesday. :( I'm definitely not going with him this time.

rabidstoat
11-04-2005, 09:01 PM
Last night I was up coughing all night, but today I feel somewhat better. Huzzah, maybe a turning point in this cold/flu thing!

Breakfast
Breakfast burrito (egg beaters, sauteed veggies, salsa, and cheese) in a low-cal, low-carb tortilla wrap

Lunch
Boca burger with ketchup on a hamburger bun
Tossed salad, with light vinegarette dressing

Snack
Sugar free chocolate pudding with Kool Whip Free

Dinner
Fajita (chicken, veggies, salsa, LF sour cream) in a low-carb tortilla

Snack
Corn pops with 1/2 cup 2% milk

No exercise. I think (hope, wish) I'll be well enough to start up again tomorrow, after an entire week off!

Calories: 1312

DishyFishy
11-05-2005, 12:48 AM
Glad to hear you're feeling a little better, rabidstoat.

Fri 04/11:

Breakfast: 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, cup 0% milk.
Snack: 1 cup 2% plain yogurt; 500 ml water.
Lunch: 10 RF Triscuits, 1 oz gouda, green salad; 500 ml water.
Snack: Mini bag Doritos, naked coleslaw; 500 ml water.
Dinner: 2 cups home-made lentil & veggie soup; 1 l water.
Snack: 6 oz banana smothered with 2 melted treat-size Aero bars, 1 tblsp. sliced almonds, & 1 crumbled Safeway ginger snap.
Extra Drinks: 500 ml coffee, 355 ml tin diet pop, 250 ml green tea

Total kcals: 1517 (plus free veggies)

Exercise: 2 miles WATP, 20 mins strength exercises.

jillybean720
11-05-2005, 08:27 PM
Saturday:

Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal w/1% milk
Uno's Chicago Grill Chinese chicken salad and breadstick
leftover Papa John's 2 slices pepperoni and sausage pizza and 3 cheese bread sticks
smoothie (carb smart ice cream, 1% milk, frozen strawberries, and bananas)
Total: 2300 calories

rabidstoat
11-05-2005, 08:51 PM
Oops. No exercise and bad eating day and still feeling sick, it's got me all off kilter. It could have been worse, though.

Breakfast
Low-sugar Oatmeal
Apple
Soy breakfast patty

Snack
2 oz of turkey, 0.75 oz cheese, 1 tsp mustard

Lunch
Hamburger (5 oz) with 93% lean meat
Hamburger bun (small white)
Ketchup, tomato, onion

Snack
1 slice carrot cake (3 oz, 470 calories!!)

Dinner
Lean Cuisine meal
Pudding in a cloud
1 cup grapes

Grazing
1.5 oz cheese
2 sheets of graham cracker with about 3T peanut butter

Calories: 2563

jillybean720
11-06-2005, 07:50 PM
Sunday:

Cinnamon Toast Crunch w/1% milk
banana
2 hot dogs on wheat buns w/cheese and Sunchips
shredded bbq chicken on wheat rolls w/Sunchips
Total: a little under 1700 calories :)

rabidstoat
11-06-2005, 08:58 PM
Better day today, and I bought some 8-hour Robitussin to hopefully see me through the night. Didn't really follow a breakfast/lunch/dinner schedule today though.

Breakfast
Crispix, with 1/2 cup 1% milk
Orange
2 Morningstar breakfast patties

Snack, at around lunchtime
1/2 of an oat bran pita, with 2T hummus, a bit of lowfat feta crumbles, and stuffed full with like 8 different types of veggies

Big lunch, around 3:30
5 oz of tilapia in a ginger teriyaki marinade
1 cup of spiced couscous with peas and carrots in it
Steamed asparagus in a lemon butter sesame sauce

Snack
Small fruit bar, no sugar added

Small late-night dinner
Healthy Choice chicken and potatoes (a 190 calorie meal, but perfect for a not-that-hungry night)

Exercise: 30 minutes on the stationary bike (finally not too sick for it!)
What I watched: Biggest Loser episode from a week or two ago

Calorie total: About 1330

DishyFishy
11-06-2005, 10:33 PM
Bonfire Night 05/11:

Breakfast: 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, cup 0% milk; 250 ml green tea.
Lunch: 80 g whole-wheat English muffin, 1 tblsp. Phili Light, salad (radishes, romaine, tomato); 1 l water.
Snack: 50 g tortilla chips, cup home-made hot tomato salsa; 1 l water.
Dinner: 2 cups thick home-made soup (barley, lentil, split green peas, veggies), oz Parmigiano cheese; 1 l water.
Snack: 250 ml chocolatey drink (1 cup 0% milk, 1 tblsp. half & half, 2 tblsp. Torani SF chocolate syrup), 1 square Green & Black's organic 70% chocolate.
Extra Drinks: Starbuck's triple grande FF latte, 355 ml tin caffeine-free diet Coke.

Total kcals: 1550 (plus free veggies)

Exercise: 20 minute bike ride, 2 miles WATP.

Sun 06/11:

Breakfast: 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, cup 0% milk; 500 ml coffee.
Lunch: 3 sushi maki rolls, cup coleslaw, lettuce, tomato; 1 l water.
Snack: 4 olives; 500 ml water.
Dinner: 5 oz chicken breast (grilled), 80 g whole-wheat English muffin, raw veggies (cabbage, carrot, red peppers, tomato), cup black bean salsa; 1 l water.
Extra Drinks: 250 ml cocoa (1 cup 0% milk, 2 tsp. cocoa powder, 1 tblsp. half & half).

Total kcals: 1417 (plus free veggies)

Exercise: 3.76 mile walk, 45 mins raking and bagging leaves.

DishyFishy
11-07-2005, 10:56 AM
STOP!!

THIS THREAD IS DEAD!

HOP ON OVER TO THE NEW BUDDY THREAD AND BE ACCOUNTABLE!