Weight Loss Support - Want To Join Me?? Post Daily Check-ins

meecha
10-30-2005, 11:21 PM
Would love to have people to share daily or at least attempted daily check-ins. Report your frustrations, or achievments, exercise progress, weight loss, or whatever is on your mind. We are all on the same journey and I know for me these threads are a wonderful support mechanism.

Meecha

SunnyKells
10-30-2005, 11:28 PM
You can count me in Meecha! :) I agree w/ you and it's nice to have a place to just babble & share and all that good stuff :)

madonnaweiss
10-30-2005, 11:45 PM
Hi,
I got lap banded over 2 years ago and haven't done so well...got a new lease on life and am ready to make this thing work. Hopefully, having someone to check in with will give me the boost I need. I have cheated without being aware of it...thought the band would do the work for me, turns out I still have to do the work myself.

meecha
10-30-2005, 11:46 PM
Hi Kelli

Thank you for the post...it will be nice to start a thread and read the responses. I have tried in the past but wasn't too successful. They start but then seem to die off quickly. Hopefully this one will stay and progress.

I also post on the daily check in for menus. I hooked up the one for November already. I find that logging my intake of food and calories each day really helps. I had hit a 2 week stall and it was nice to go back to the weeks where I was losing and see what foods I was eating. I concentrated on those and the weight started coming off again. I do it twice actually, once in my own personal journal and on here. I also like to see what others eat and what works for them. You can also get good ideas of different things to try from it.

Well time to start wrapping up the night...I will log on again tomorrow.

Wish you continued success!!!!

Meecha

meecha
10-30-2005, 11:55 PM
Hi Madonna

These threads are a great way to be held accountable. I find that it is much easier on this road we are on. Question for you, what is lap band? Is it like stomach stapling? I have found that there is no quick fix for losing weight. Its all about dedication, being aware of what and how much you eat and exercising, which I have found makes the weight come off much faster and a plus is that it makes you feel good and a great way to work off any frustrations you may have that day.
We all have cheated you just have to pick yourself up and dust off and get right back on track. Guilt is a killer when you are trying to change your lifestyle and lose weight.
Sounds like you know what you have to do and it's a matter of just setting your mind to it and doing it. I know you can!!!!!!!!

Meecha

haleys
10-31-2005, 02:48 AM
I hope it's alright if I join on to. I need a place where I can check in to keep myself accountable. I'll start with today!

I didn't eat very well today and didn't exercise. Tomorrow I am going to start my workout regime back up because I want to lose 9 pounds before I visit my family for Thanksgiving. I'm going to try to not let myself have any cheat days or meals, because I really want to lose the weight!

Good luck to you all!!!

meecha
10-31-2005, 06:00 PM
First off, welcome Haley!!!!!

Whew what a day, definitely a Monday. But I love the week days because it is sooooo much easier to stick to my routine. Weekends can be hard when I am not at home.
Have night school tonight and one of my classes is weight training and I love it!!!! I can't make excuses not to workout, lol. Have the class 3 times a week. Haven't really got a cardio routine down yet but I am working on it. I maybe get 2, if I am lucky 3 days of that in a week, but not always.
Got on the scale this morning which I do every Monday, its hard not to be a slave to the scale. Anyway, 3.5 lbs of fat gone forever :carrot:
My mini goal is 20 lost by the 7th so we will see if I can get this last 3 lbs gone by next Monday. Or should I say I CAN and I WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Knowing that I have little goals that I set for myself helps me in my decisions on what and how much I eat. I HATE to dissapoint myself and I know that it is only me who I am hurting in the long run. Plus I am starting to feel really good. My 16 year old told me yesterday that he can see the difference in my tummy and that it is looking flatter....he's so sweet and it made me feel super good that someone who sees me every day can tell a difference already. Those little moments of praise and encouragement help so much.
Well I hope all of you are having a great start to what I know will be a successful week for all of us.
I will check in tomorrow and see how everyone is doing.

Meecha

SunnyKells
10-31-2005, 09:00 PM
Hi everyone! :)

You're right Meecha ... YOU CAN! and YOU WILL! awww you're son is so cute! Sometimes comments like that can give you the motivation to get through the day, the week or even longer! :)

Hey Haley, I hope you had a good day today! Hi Madonna!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE! :)

Okay well today I did REALLY good until about 4pm and then I broke down and got the munchies and had to eat some gardetto's which we all know are NOT good for you!
Then I came home ... I worked out! I do the Jillian Michaels plan and so I have her workout DVDs and so I have done them Saturday, Sunday & Monday ... luckily I can report it's gettin a TINY drop easier (anyone who watched "The Biggest Loser" knows she kicks some major butt and is super tough) But then I cracked and ate a couple fun size butterfingers & some peanut m&ms .... BAD GIRL! But I figure, I worked out hard and if I would've denied myself I would just end up cracking later so ....

Anyway, hope you all had a fabulous day! :) :) :) :)

meecha
11-01-2005, 01:09 AM
Hey Kelli...thanks for the words of encouragement. ;)
My son is a sweetie and considering at 16 they can be brutally honest I loved him for his comment.
While taking a bath tonight I noticed while sitting there that I could look down and I am starting to see certain body parts that I haven't been able to see in quite some time. :lol: So I know all this hard work and dedication is paying off.
I loved watching The Biggest Loser, is the next season on already? And you are right Kelli, Jillian was worse than a drill sgt. Good for you on your workouts, keep it up.
It sounds like you aren't beating yourself up over your little slips today and thats good. Luckily for me I am not a candy eater, never have been so Halloween was easy for me. I did really good all day today...need to reach that first mini goal come Monday. Except I still have a really hard time with the water. I hate it and so its really difficult to get in all that I am supposed to. But I am working on it and hopefully will get better. They say that you are supposed to drink half your weight in oz of water a day. That would be fine and dandy if I weighed 115 lbs.... :lol:
But at 220, that's A LOT of water!!!!!

Hi Haley, Madonna....hope you two are doing well also!
Well it is an early rise in the morning so I am taking myself to bed.

Meecha

dancediva33
11-02-2005, 11:19 PM
I would love to join this support group. I have been getting myself back into working out over the last couple of weeks. So far it's been going fairly well. I'm starting to feel a little more pep in my step! This week I've been really trying to focus on getting my eating under control. Next monday I'm officially going to start doing the Body for Life eating plan. I have been doing it the last couple of days and really feel full and satisfied. I'm going to make my weigh-in days Sunday morning. I'm going to try to post that here if that's ok. I really am looking forward to having somewhere to go to for support and encouragement. It helps to read what you gals have to say. It shows me I'm not the only one out here battleing this battle. I'm going to try very hard not to have the all or nothing attitude this time which is usually what ends up making me throw in the towel. This time its going to be the gradual changing of habits that is going to get me to my goal.

Meecha- congrats on the 3.5lb loss! That is so awesome!

Sunnykells- I bought Jillians book but have not gotten to her work outs yet. I should try to start week one next monday. From what I've read on BL thread it sounds like her work-outs kick butt. Do you do them off the book or the dvd's or both? I've thought about ordering her dvd's but haven't decided yet.

Hello Madonna and haleys! Here's to us losing lots of weight and getting healthy! :carrot:

SunnyKells
11-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Hey Dancediva .... well, Jillian is a kickbutt girl ... her workouts are HARD on the DVD well dang the first time I popped the thing in, I don't even think I did 50% of it and I was about to die! LOL But it's getting better as my endurance builds up and my confidence (knowing the exercises and form) builds too! You should definitely check them out! her book freaking rocks! I am gonna try doing the exercies in the book starting Monday since I'm so addicted to her DVD's right now but I want to kinda change it up or something ... I don't know but I just love the woman, she makes me motivated :)

I will come tell you guys more later ... today was a bad day (not eating wise but just in general) but I ate & exercised like a good girl :) Talk to you soon!

dancediva33
11-03-2005, 01:38 PM
So far I'm having a very good day. I got a 2 mile work out in on my treadmill. I jogged 1 consecutive mile of it. I feel really good when I jog. I hope I'm not killing my joints. I've been working out on the treadmill for about 2 weeks now. I'm also lifting weights but so far I'm getting into that slowly. I'm trying to make this process simple and not overwhelming.

How are you ladies doing?

Kelli- thanks for replying---I agree Jillian is awsome. I can't even believe she takes the time to respond to us on the BL thread. What a great person she is!

OK, got to go. I need to get some studying done :( Hope you all have a wonderful day! :)

MorticiaAddams
11-03-2005, 02:28 PM
I have no energy. I eat mostly healthy but I can do way better then I have been. Cutting out the buns with my turkey burger and certain things like that.
But I work Midnights the last two weeks I have put in over 55 hours Normally I work 40 hours. I come home watch a dvd and then nod off to sleep.
I used to come home and go straight to bed. I have problems getting to sleep. But then when time comes , I feel over welmed at the things I need to do like cleaning, cooking clothes. And then I dont get to the gym.
This is really eating me up and I need to stop making excuses and get my self back to working out on a regular basis or Im going to still be over 200 pounds going into another new year. Some times I can sleep until my husband comes home from work which is like 5:30 ,cook,clean then I have 30 minutes to get ready for work and head out the door.
I know I need to do something. Which I will have the husband on me to be in bed and sleeping when I come home from work and head up to the gym no matter whats on my plate. I gotta get moving again. Nothing is going to happen if I dont. And I hate feeling like im sitting on the bench letting my life pass me by and not doing something about this. :(

dancediva33
11-04-2005, 09:36 AM
MorticiaAdams, I know where you're coming from. I work really funky hours too (nurse). It's really hard to make time for yourself but believe me if you do start working out you will have more energy. I started back at it again just 2 weeks ago and allready I feel a little more spark in me. I did not have anything magical to make me get going again other than I said to myself--you just have to get off your butt and do it! Every day I fight the urge to skip a workout but after I do it I feel so much better. Right now I'm just using my treadmill (which I had to dust off!). I also lift weights but just with my 5lb dumbells and nothing really formal. I just know I want to increase my strenght and indurance. I know if I make it too complicated I will get discouraged and quit. I'm not an extemely motivated person but right now I know I have to make some changes in my life or it will pass me by before I know it. I'm sorry if I'm rambling but I just wanted you to know you are not alone. :)

meecha
11-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Dancediva is right Morticia....just have to tell yourself..I WILL DO THIS NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!! Despite, work, kids, or anything else that makes our lives crazy...I think as moms, wives or whatever we tend to slip and forget that we are people too. And that means we need to make time for ourselves and improving what it is that we arent happy with. Its easy to neglect yourself but I know you will find a plan or routine that works for YOU. The hard part is just getting started...but once you do you will fell soooooo much better and as you see the weight come off that in itself is a total motivation to keep on going. So with that said, when you are feeling down or discouraged you just come here and vent and I know you will have lots of support when you do. :D

Meecha

Elanajel
11-04-2005, 06:02 PM
Hi everyone--This has been a very stressful fall in my family (son was hospitalized but he is home now). Also, the end of daylight savings time (I live in New England) means it is dark sooo early. This leads me to crave carbs, and lately, give in to these cravings. I baked a very healthy fruit crisp earlier in the week and just ate 4 pieces of it. Really now, one piece would have done it!

On the plus side, I played a set of tennis w/DH this morning (it was sunny and 60 out so it was a great chance to be outside and moving around).

I don't have too many temptation foods in the house and I need to shop for better alternatives (easy prep vegetables, Laughing Cow 1 point cheese wedges, etc.)

I'll check in again and let you know how I'm doing. Good luck on the weekend! I think the lack of structure can make it a challenge for weight loss.

meecha
11-04-2005, 06:21 PM
Hi Elanajel

Sorry to hear about your son but glad to hear that he is better and back at home.
You are right 4 pieces is a little overkill lol...but at leats you realize this and next time will be able to stop yourself. No need in feeling guilty because that just feeds the fire. Instead dust off and resume your better habits. The winter time can be tough becuase it is so much harder to get out and do things, plus the holidays dont help. But I know you can do it as can I. Or at least that is what I have to continually tell myself. Just keep your chin up and stay possitive... :D

Meecha

heather_dw
11-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Hey guys, I usually hang out over at the 100 pound club but I thought I should seek out some more threads to make me accountable.

I started eating healthier last august and since then I have lost a little but I have also stopped and started over numerous times. Last November right before Thanksgiving, I was hospitalized for super high blood pressure and enlarged heart. I now follow low sodium eating plans and that has cut out alot of my usual bad foods. Now I just need to crack down harder on sugar!

My mom joined weight watchers a few months ago and has lost 25 pounds so far , so I was interested in seeing their plan. Mom got me a points slider that lets me figure points for any food and I have been trying to keep track of my points. If I figured it right, I will be under for my points today (but this is a light day and not common of the usual because hubby isn't cooking tonight)

As for today, I have been trying my best to drink lots of water but there is no way I will ever drink half my body weight in ounces! I also did almost a mile of my 2 mile LEslie Sansone DVD. Not sure why I crapped out before a mile but I think I just need to get my body used to it again.

Only bad thing I ate was one bite sized 3 muskateer bar. I kinda like those snack sizes because you satisfy your craving by getting just a little;-)

meecha
11-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Hi Heather

Welcome...the more the merrier...I love reading what people post on here. I get a lot out of them for the most part.

Sounds like you are having an OK day, and dont yo just lOVE leslies tapes? I do the 2 mile one myself. I think she is just great and I like the fact also that the people working out with her are not all a bunch of barbie dolls...those types of tapes bother me....skinny little women who have probably never been fat before in their lives telling me....You can do it, keep going....sheesh lol. :lol:
Anyway, welcome to the thread....

Meecha

dancediva33
11-04-2005, 07:01 PM
Hello ladies!

So far today has been pretty good. I got 2 miles done on the teadmill and a good upper body weight lifting workout done this am.

I somehow missed eating breakfast this morning (not sure how that happened!). I had to quick scarf a salad before going to work by noon. I don't think its good to eat a huge salad in 10 minutes! Gag, did I feel sick after that! Then a lady at work brough in home made crab rangoon. (If she only knew what she was doing to me :dizzy: ) I did break down and have 3 but the old me would've had too many to count.

Elanajel-Welcome! glad to hear your son's better. I understand the time change completely. It's getting to us here also. I think your becoming counsious of healthier eating habits is a great start. It takes time to change old habbits. Just don't beat yourself up over the little things. That's so cool you went to play tennis! I love to play but just never seem to get around to doing it. What geat exercise that is for you!

Heatherdw- Welcome also! Good for you for getting started on exercising. Even though you didn't finish the tape it was still something. You're right it take time for your body to get back into the swing of things. I'm 2 weeks into exercising again after quit a break and it has been amazing how my body is adjusting. Congrats on the good eating day.

heather_dw
11-05-2005, 07:22 PM
I'm a bit frustrated today because I don't think WW is going to work for me.

I have very few foods that I like that I can actually eat with the low sodium and all and according to WW, pasta has 4 points a serving, raisins 2, applesauce 2?

get real..

If I follow WW, ill just be sitting here eating rice cakes all day.
I guess I will just try to drink more water and exercise more and hope that helps get the weight off while still allowing me to actually eat :-P

meecha
11-06-2005, 01:47 AM
Heather: Don't feel frustrated, some programs work for some and others not. I tried WW, paid all that money and in two months only lost 1 pound while others were losing by the minute. I lost 20 lbs in the last two months following my own program. I think kicking up your physical activity both weights and cardio will help you a lot. Diets totally fail when the person isnt feeling it or that they are starving. Just find what works for you and your body with that and exercise I know you will do just fine.

Meecha

dancediva33
11-06-2005, 10:41 PM
Today was my weigh-in day. Down 4lbs!!! This was in 2 weeks. The treadmill workouts are definately helping!!!

Hope you all are doing well! :)

meecha
11-06-2005, 10:48 PM
WAY TO GO DANCEDIVA.....YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

It's amazing how just adding a little exercise can help the pounds come off faster and also make you feel better. Keep up the great job.

Meecha

dancediva33
11-08-2005, 10:23 PM
Thanks Meecha! I'm still here. I just haven't checked in for the last couple of days! My kids were home from school yesterday and it messed up my routine. (allthough I loved them being here!)

I have not gotten to work out the last 2 days so tommorow I'm am back on it!
I'm really feeling draggy and sluggish from not working out. It's a bad feeling. It really is such a mood booster.

Hope things are going well for you. :)

meecha
11-08-2005, 10:47 PM
Hi dancediva

I understand about kids..its fun to have them around but hard to stick to your usual routine. Getting right back at it is the key! Glad you enjoyed your time with them though.

I'm doing OK, My weigh in days are Mondays and I weighed in last Monday and then again on thursday because I couldnt help myself and I was down 4 pounds...then I weighed yesterday on Monday as usual and I had gained a pound since last thursday. Very discouraging but still a total 3 lb loss for the week. So I am looking at it from a possitive aspect lol. Sounds like you are doing great...keep it up. If you dont post on the thread for Novembers daily menu check in you should...I do it everyday and it really helps. Plus its turning into a bit more with comments and questions and not just posting your daily menu. Sorry but I know your username and not sure if it was from this thread or both. So if you dont already, you should check it out.

Meecha

alsten02
11-08-2005, 11:21 PM
Im going to join in .. didnt see this thread until now :p

I dont know what it is, but i just cant get into exercise, I really want to & its drive me nuts! .. just not motivated at all to keep up with something, and with where im living & doing i dont have many options. I guess im just happy that im losing without putting 'so' much effort like I did the last time I lost weight. Im hoping that once I hit my 'plateau' that i believe will happen sooner or later that ill be able to kick the exercise up a notch.. right now its just walking & SOMETIMES a bit of weights. ... the portion control ive got down pretty good, but in order to keep the weight off in the long run , ill need to keep up the exercise... (grr)

Well I was shocked to see 189.5 on my scale this morning! I havent be in the 180's for a few years! ... i just need something a little positive eachday and that keeps me motivated to keep going! obviously the numbers wont go down daily, but what i do is go on it daily in the mornings. That might drive some people crazy lol but seeing that scale staying the same or going lower really drives me to keep going. Especially when i know im going to have a moody day haha.

Glad this thread is here, great to vent out my brain daily :lol:

meecha
11-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Welcome Alsten....glad you noticed this thread....I was starting to wonder.

I hear you on the exercise...I know from past experience that even when I am losing if I put some exercise to it it comes off much faster and its a great way to get out frustrations.
Luckily when I started the 1st of sept. I also started back at school for the new quarter and I somehow missed a PE class so I had to enroll in something and chose weight training so I automatically have no choice but to do weights three times a week. :D I love it though and always have loved doing weights, for me its the cardio I have trouble sticking to. And of course I live in Seattle which I think is the rain capital of the world so its hard to just go out and walk. I do have Leslie Sanson's walking tapes and actually I love them but get lazy in popping the tape into the machine.
Btthe way congrats on the 30 lb loss...that is soooo cool. Did you do all that just since October? Or was that just when you joined this site? Either way, keep up the great job. I can't wait until I hit 30 loss...it brings me to my half way point.
Don't know how you get on the scale everyday and not go nuts. :dizzy: :dizzy: I can't do it...so I try really hard to just stick to my once a week weigh-in. Everyone has their thing that keeps them motivated so keep on doing what works for you.
This web site has helped me sooooo much in the last two months, I love it. Especially watching everyones weight tickers go down and just getting support and words of encouragement from those that truly understand.
So with that all said, welcome again and I also saw that you posted in the daily menu check in so I will see you there also. The women who have been posting on there are great.

Wish you continued succes :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Meecha

meecha
11-08-2005, 11:56 PM
Wow Alsten....you are looking great in your pictures...what a difference 30 lbs makes.

Elanajel
11-09-2005, 08:20 AM
Well, since I track my food and do my best to be 100% honest about what I eat each day, I have to report that I'm doing quite a bit of nightime snacking (i.e., filling a bowl with something and watching a Seinfeld DVD in bed). One night it was Puffins and walnuts; last night it was Guiltless Gourmet baked black bean chips with ff Trader Joe's cheese dip and salsa. Neither one of these snacks is inherently "bad"--actually fairly healthy. The real issue: was I truly hungry? Did I "need" this snack or was it just something to do? If I'm honest, I know I wasn't truly hungry because I had eaten plenty during the day and had already met my points target (I can eat 30 points now as long as I stay active, and still be in a good range).

So, fellow 3FCers, what about these bad habits? I know I'm not the only one in Weight Loss Land who eats for non-hunger reasons! I wrote up some alternate strategies to try (don't go into kitchen after dinner, get a big seltzer w/orange slice and ice ready, do my nails so I can't eat). Tonight I will try one or more of these strategies. I'll let you know how it goes.

In terms of WW as a program, it really made the difference for me. I hadn't realized how out of control my portion sizes were, and becoming disciplined about measuring and counting made a huge difference for me. I also really liked my leader and the "vibe" of my particular Sunday morning meeting. If you don't like counting points, there is the new Core program as an alternative. Of course, there's free support on these boards and WW can definitely be pricey.

Hope everyone has a good day. I'm doing weights and yoga today; I also have to finish writing a paper for a grad. course I'm in (last one before final teacher certification at the next level up--yahoo!). :cool:

alsten02
11-09-2005, 08:31 AM
Thank you meecha! ....... i started near the beginning of Sept. Just working it at my own pace, its what seems to work best :)

Yes 30 lbs does make a big difference! ... in every way that is. I generally feel a lot better during the day. Even if i dont sleep much during the night, I still notice a difference on how I feel during the next day!! .....I had a lot of pelvic pain before losing , and that has even gone away significantly. My moods have definitely improved. I was actually forced to start losing weight, but im glad it came to that, otherwise I dont know if i could have just done it on my own lol I highly doubt I would have. Ive tried a million times to lose weight before, but it wasnt until I talked to my gyno that I really needed to make some changes. ....... the first 2-3 weeks getting started were the hardest for me, but soon after it got a lot easier! My stomach was getting used to the new way i was eating. So now I am always satisfied when i eat, and I dont cut anything out :D .... You know how some people plan thier meals for the next day? well im someone who cant follow that at all lol I have to eat what im craving at that moment for my meal..I take a minute or two to decide what im craving at that certain time (not just snacks, im talking about the meals!) and I eat it lol , makes a big difference for me.

Yogini
11-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Heya Chikadees...I lost another 5 POUNDS! I weighed in at TOPS and lost another 5! I am soooooooo happy that I am making progress and I am really doing it this time! :D

meecha
11-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Hi

Yogini: You Go Girl!!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
That is sooooo great 5 lbs, WOW! I had a boyfriend back in 1990 whos mom lost over 250 lbs by joining TOPPS....she was even crowned queen. I heard it is a really great program. It obviously is doing wonders for you. I can also tell on the menu thread that you are very dedicated and stick very much to plan. Keep up the great work.

Elana: It can be tough sometimes wanting to snack when you KNOW you arent really hungry. Boredom will get you if you let it. I try to do other things like going for a walk or taking a hot bubble bath and if its late enough I just simply go to bed. Another really good incentive is that I posted in my bath as well as in my kitchen a "FAT" picture of myself. That right there makes me just say "OH HECK NO" though I use the other word lol. Nothing better than a fat picture to be a reality slap to you. Weight watchers is a good program, I know a of a few people who it has worked wonders for. I just didnt have luck with it. I think its all about finding your niche'. And when one does, sticking to it. Everything will fall into place and you will find what works for you all the way around. OH, good luck on your paper. :D

Alsten: It's funny how it takes a medical thing to make us realize we are out of control. But whatever it took for you, you are doing a great job. I sometimes plan out my meals a day or two in advance and try to stick to it but things come up or I may not feel like eating that particular food so I change it. My journal has many cross-outs but by writing a general menu it helps me stay focused and gives me a base to my day. You and I started about the same time on our journey to a better lifestyle. Wish I was at the 30 lb mark also but I am happy with my 20. I had a hard 2 weeks in the middle of October where I didnt do so well. I didnt gain but I didnt lose either and had too many cheat times. I put myself back on track and applied a lot more dedication and then started losing again.

Well ladies going to call it a day, it's been a long one. :dizzy:
Glad to see all the success....we CAN and WILL do this!!!!!!!!!!

happyinme
11-10-2005, 05:24 PM
well i just registered with this website yesterday and started my weight watchers yesterday so I guess I can give you a little info about me. My name is Amy and I live in Ohio I wil be 26 tomorrow and I have decided enough was enough. I have done ww in the past and had good sucess I lost 22 lbs in a month and I was so happy- then I got pregnant with #3! I kept with my diet and the doctor said that was fine untill I was about 7 months pregnant and then no about of food could satisfy me I ate every thing in site! anyway Im 183 lbs and plan on weighing in on wednesday. I had a hard time yesterday not eating junk not because I needed it, just used to my routine. I stayed out of the kitchen ate really well and stayed right on my points. Then hubby came home with pizza- nice huh well I did have a small piece and felt like crap after eating it but I just decided that I will have to skip a couple of points today and a few tomorrow and I will survive. No bday cake for me- all those jeans in my closet that dont fit can be a late present when I can get into them. I love the idea of hanging a fat pic in the kitchen! definitly enough to make you stay away from there. My mini goal is 15 lbs by xmas which is doable I would like to get down to 135-140 by maybe summer. Im not going to kill myself doing this i just want to do it right this time once and for all! I have done really well today but am having a hard time getting my full 8 glasses of water a day pepsi just sounds so much better. Pepsi and my hips get along great but I refuse to have it in my home- I know I CANNOT resist it lol. Anyway, Im excited to have somewhere to come on a daily basis and vent alittle. You guys keep up the great work!!

meecha
11-10-2005, 06:13 PM
Hi Happyinme

Well it totally sounds like you know what you need to do and have reasonable goals set for yourself. I know you will do it.
Man....PIZZA thats a tough one. I am a HUGE pizza freak and before Sept 1st it was an every Friday night thing for us. Now its a every Friday night thing just for my son. It was really hard at first. Now if I indulge I just eat one piece and have a salad with it and make him eat the whole thing that night or at least have it gone by breakfast the next day so I dont have any leftovers. It takes A LOT of willpower but I do it. I just tell myself that I have come this far and don't want to screw it up now. I also have trouble getting all the water in each day...I absolutely HATE water...I force myself as it is to drink what I can but it isnt nearly enough. I drink tons of crystal light though and justify it as flavored water. :o
I am addicted to diet mountain dew and diet dr.pepper. Don't know what I would do without them both. I never have liked regular soda so that isnt a problem for me.
Glad to see you joined our little group. These threads are a great. They give a lot of support and ideas that are very useful. You may want to check out the thread for posting your daily menu for November, a lot of cool ldies there also. Plus it is very helful in keeping you accountable for what you eat especially when you know you have to post. We definitely dont judge but it helps not to cheat if you know you have to tell others. :D
Again, welcome and I look forward to watching your progress. :carrot: :carrot:

Meecha

Oh by the way, where in Ohio are you? I have two really good friends who live there..one in Cleveland and the other just outside Columbus.

happyinme
11-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Meesha thanks for the nice welcome I will definetly look into that other thread the more help the better! I live about 13 miles outside of Dayton about 50 minutes to columbus if I go the speed limit lol Im about 4 and a half hour from cleveland. Where are all you guys from?

meecha
11-10-2005, 11:42 PM
Hi Happyinme

I live about 15 min, in good traffic, outside Seattle in a city called Kent.

Elanajel
11-13-2005, 01:37 PM
I like the water if I put a slice of orange in it. Also flavored (not sweetened or Splenda) seltzer is great--comes in lots of flavors. According to WW, half your water can be decaf. beverages (V8 juice, tea, etc.) I have tried making a big pitcher of decaf iced green tea (since all the good news about green tea and the antioxidants) and drinking from that during the day.

I might buy myself a snazzy water bottle that holds a lot so it's easier to keep track of how much I've done. I know I definitely feel better when I'm well-hydrated, especially now that "dry air central heating" season is here.