The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - Jillian's Girls Food Journals

View Full Version : Jillian's Girls Food Journals

Looking4TheWayOut
10-29-2005, 12:47 PM
As promised, here is our own food journal. You can take your entries right out of your own journals or visit here through the day just by editing your post and adding on meals/snacks. As those of you doing the program already know, Jillian's program is different. Instead of just marking down WHAT you're eating, you also asking yourself a series of questions and sub-questions beginning with the obvious: ARE YOU HUNGRY?

This one thing is what I REALLY need to stay focused on. It's too easy for me to mark the calories without questioning why I'm even eating, especially at night. I hope I'll have a few others joining me.

I will also be doing a "week in review" here when I complete a week, which is just will have all my calories eaten to show my fluctuations.

As Jillian states on page 16 of her book, "Write down not just what you eat every day but the emotional circumstances surrounding every meal and snack." It's not easy, but it could be the breakthrough a lot of us have been looking for!

Looking4TheWayOut
10-29-2005, 12:48 PM
Breakfast: Two pieces of thin, light wheat toast with one pat of butter (extremely hungry, tummy actually hurting)

Lunch: egg fried in Pam on two thin, light wheat toast with 1 slice of cheese, reduced fat Devil Dog

Bad cravings after lunch, but still going strong! :carrot:

Water thus far: 10 :lol:

SunnyKells
10-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Breakfast: Koshi cereal ... 1 cup with sugar free skim milk (barely enough to cover the cereal) not very hungry and after reading 21 pages in Jillian's book last night (just got it yesterday) I'm still learning what it good to eat (good carb, bad carb) so bare with me!

angel-eyes
10-29-2005, 05:59 PM
Great idea..!!!

Breakfast...... 2 pc whole wheat low cal toast,smidge of butter, p.butter/jam,small pc of chicken breast

Lunch... healthy choice whole wheat bun, 1 sl.cheese,small chicken breast,miracle whip free, lettuce, light with fibre yogurt

snack.......apple,part.skim mozzerella stick,5 almonds

planned for dinner......1 pork sparerib, spoon size serving of mashed potatoes, salad with Hendricksons low cal dressing

water......8 glasses of water so far, with more to go.

Mrs.T
10-29-2005, 06:57 PM
Breakfast: 1 cup of Special K, 1/2 cup of 2% milk, 1 fat free muffin
Lunch: 1 cup of tuna, 1 tbsp of FF mayo, 1 tbsp of relish, 2 thin slices of whole wheat bread.
Dinner: Chicken chimichanga.. oy chips and salsa
4 waters so far... need more water..

Daisy Boo
10-30-2005, 01:55 AM
ok, today based on balanced oxidizer

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, 3 slices bacon, 1 slice toasted rye bread
Lunch: Turkey and salad sandwich (soy & linseed bread), with dijon mustard
Planned Dinner: Roast lamb, baked sweet potato, sauteed cannellini beans with herbs
Planned Snack: a mango, half multigrain muffin with butter

Breakdown: 1566 calories (goal 1600) 30% fat, 42% carbs, 28% protein

Tomorrow I need to up my intake to 1700 - having some difficulty figuring it out :( i am always going too low.

thought i would edit and make some 'emotive' comments.

breakfast - was not hungry at all but OH was wanting breaky so i made it and had some too. felt good afterwards, knowing i had had a good breakfast. it was 9.30am mind you.

lunch - again made myself eat and i am still full (made lunch at 1pm and it is now 3.30pm). somehow i need to get in my snack but i am not hungry.

i know if i don't have the snack though, come dinner i will have two portions of lamb which is not good so i had better do it. i might save the mango for after dinner for dessert though.

i have literally spent the last 2 hours on fitday trying to plan tomorrows meals and have just figured it all out. i definately need things like nuts to up my fat intake as i don't like having butter on sandwiches and prefer lean sandwich meats. will post the plan for tomorrow next as i need your help ladies - tell me if its ok :?:

argh - would be so much easier if i had a chef ;)

Daisy Boo
10-30-2005, 02:38 AM
ok, here is the plan for tomorrow (monday). tell me what you think.

Breakfast: Toasted whole grain muffin with strawberries, low fat cream cheese and honey, a latte with low fat milk (357 cal)
Lunch: Turkey and salad sandwich with Dijon mustard (soy & linseed bread), 10 macadamia nuts (551)
Dinner: Lean sirloin steak with baked sweet potato and mixed salad with dressing (440)
Snack: Tuna on 3 soy & linseed crackers, 4 thin slices pineapple (300)

Total calories is 1648 (aiming for 1700) - 32% fat, 40% carbs, 27% protein.

Again, i would prefer to hold off the pineapple until after dinner to curb that wandering appetite i seem to have around dinner time. thats ok isn't it?

ok - confession time. i feel like having a bit of a vent today.

my habits and my relationship with food are bad - i tend to lean towards low fat foods but don't have much in quantity during the day. when it comes to dinner i usually have two helpings as this is when my appetite kicks in - the minute i get home from work. probably doesn't help that i usually make food from receipes that make 4-6 servings and don't cut it down to suit just the two of us.

the other issue i have is a bit of a fear of eating in front of people. i know it sounds stupid but again it stems back to when i was a teenager and had an eating problem. so lunch comes around at work and i would rather go and get something crappy and eat it in my car than at work where people come up and want to talk, etc. i suppose i had better just get over it and start eating like a normal person.

thanks for listening

Mrs.T
10-30-2005, 09:28 AM
Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled, 2 biscuits, 1 1/2 turkey bacon 2 tsp of strawberry rhubarb jam (50 cals!)
Thoughts: I ate because I was hungry. I think by the time I finished off the last bit of my eggs I was just eating to clear my plate. It's awful but I kept sitting at the table to avoid an arguement with my husband. So it sort of left my options to: deal with him, or sit at the table and just finish my plate.

ALSO!! Don't forget to set your clocks back !!

angel-eyes
10-30-2005, 10:33 AM
Good Morning Jillian's girls. Ds was up very early this morning with a terrible croupy cough so breakfast was unusually early (yawn) what with him getting up and the clocks setting back one hour. I'll probably need a midmorning snack before church.....

Breakfast......1C miniwheats, skim milk, 1 poached egg
Snack.......wasa crisp cracker, smidge of butter, 1 slice of cheese
planned Lunch.......2 slices of whole wheat pizza(carb,protein,fat all in line)
planned snack.......apple, part.skim mozzerella cheese string
planned Dinner.......Beef Burgundy stew (ww's)

This is really helpful to plan my meals for the day. Usually I just 'wing it' and sometimes scramble to have a balanced meal. I have been doing ww's for the past 4 months, so I am really quick on the ww's and not so much on the 40/30/30. I know it will come though.

My frustration with eating comes at night, when dh starts snacking. He just made the 3 month mark with not smoking and night times are the killers for him. I try to go a little light on my meals so I can have a healthy (Jillian) snack. Sometimes, it's easier to block it out but man....the popcorn nights are wicked!!! Doing okay though.

Looking4TheWayOut
10-30-2005, 12:38 PM
The boards aren't posting for me so I'm trying again:

Breakfast and Lunch: Yogurt, Donut, and Coffee
(I had to get up early and get out early because of groceries. I ate the yogurt before I left. The donut and coffee were when I returned home at around noon. I was hungry, but wanting the donut more than taking the time to prepare something healthy. I'm not stressed, things are good with the family so I'm not sure why I ate the donut. Healthy dinner is planned though)

2.5 waters so far

Daisy Boo
10-31-2005, 06:34 AM
breakfast - multigrain muffin with cream cheese, strawberries and honey, coffee
lunch - salad and turkey sandwich
dinner - porterhouse steak with grilled sweet potato and a mixed salad
snacks - 4 macadamia nuts, sausage roll and party pie, 4 slices of pineapple

todays calories 1691 (aiming for 1700)

we had a morning tea at work today for a birthday so i had a sausage roll and a party pie, once i knew how much calories/fat they contained and knew i could work it in my allowance for the day.

i was planning on some tuna with crackers for a snack, but wasn't overly hungry come the afternoon anyway. still have some pineapple to have for dessert.

i am finding that mixing fat, protein and carbs with each meal is a little difficult but am doing my best.

tomorrow is going to be interesting as we have a lunch for the melbourne cup so i have allowed what we are having for lunch which is bbq chicken and have planned the day. Allowance is 1600 calories, which i think i may come in at 1650.

Looking4TheWayOut
10-31-2005, 09:26 AM
I am really sucking at this, but today's my birthday so I will begin full swing with this tomorrow. Witch's honor! :hb:

angel-eyes
10-31-2005, 01:05 PM
Hi .....
Today so far....
Breakfast......1 C oatmeal with 1/2 C blueberries (stove kind), 1 poached egg
Snack.......apple and 1T peanut butter
Lunch.......3oz of tuna, fat free miracle whip, 1 whole wheat tortilla wrap,handful of grapes
Planned Dinner........egg,spinach and feta cheese strata (yumm)

Already guzzled 6 glasses of water....**help...I'm floating away!!

Looking4theway.....Happy Birthday!! :carrot: Don't give up the ghost. Hang in there.

Mrs.T
10-31-2005, 07:07 PM
I'm celebrating Emma's birthday obviously.. I'm not ready to talk about how I've been eating..

Exercise is fine, but I've been eating FOR NO REASON! Like just.. stuffing it.. its horrible. My son is sick, and its Halloween... and while I have been sort of mindless I did cut my food in half tonight. Brought myself back to reality sort of.

My calories added up today are 1500 and I was only supposed to be like 1200 today.

tobethinner
11-01-2005, 12:29 AM
You guys are so awesome with your foods.

I've been staying in track with my calories except today esp. with all the candy brought home. Thankfully they are just the fun size ones:)

I don't know about you but I am starving! All the time, even after eating. I thinks that's why I ate the candy. Most of my days are within my balance, so not sure what's going on. I could a house right now and then some.

Looking4TheWayOut
11-01-2005, 07:02 AM
Tuesday, November 11th

I'll have to forget about yesterday. Oh boy, it was a terrible day and I didn't even add it up. I never have happy birthdays, but I should just learn to accept it. I'm 35 now ... that's the way it is. :)

I'm not giving up and will be posting my menu here.

Mrs.T
11-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Breakfast: Was unintentionally skipped because of the Sears man.

Lunch: 2 whole wheat non fat bean burritos. (6 inch whole wheat tortilla's) I ate because I was hungry! I noticed I was about to over eat but stopped myself for the most part... after all it wasn't FOUR burritos.. LOL

Dinner: I feel really screwed on because our refrigerator was supposed to have been fixed (Sears man) but apparently there is a part that won't be here until thursday and then they can't install it until SAT... Will update about dinner tonight.

angel-eyes
11-01-2005, 12:40 PM
Good morning Jillain's girls!! :wave:

Yesterday's dinner of spinach and feta strata....never happened!!! I went to the store to get all the stuff and left with 7 bags of groceries and I FORGOT the :censored: spinach!!! LOL.... so last nights dinner was tomatoe soup (made with water) part skim mozzerella cheese, 1pc toast/butter

Today's food:
breakfast: 1 bowl mini wheats, 1C skim milk, 1 poached egg
snack: 1C strawberries, 1 string cheese
lunch: 2 pc whole wheat bread, ff miracle whip, slices of ham, lettuce
yogurt, 10 almonds
snack: apple,1T peanut butter
dinner: spinach and feta strata **finally**

water intake.......6 glasses so far

bchgrl34
11-01-2005, 01:20 PM
I've read the book, figured out my AMR, but I'm a little confused. Do I take my amr, multiply by 7 to get my week's total and THEN subtract 3500 or 7000 depending on if I want to lose 1 or 2 lbs per week? If I subtract just 3500 that takes me to 1034/day and she says not to go below 1200! Its confusing!!!!

Looking4TheWayOut
11-01-2005, 01:29 PM
Hi, everyone! Busy day of cleaning so eating is wacky thus far:

Breakfast: Coffee

Lunch: Yogurt

Snack: 1 oz. of cheese

Dinner: Roast beef (3 oz portion), 3 roasted salt potatoes, 2 roasted carrots, snack size Twix (sweet after treat)

Snack: Cheddar cheese, black seedless grapes, snack size Butterfinger Crisp

Calories: 1,210

Waters: 12

Daisy Boo
11-01-2005, 07:52 PM
yesterday wasn't overly good for me either.

we had the melbourne cup and therefore had a lunch, which is pretty much tradition over here.

Tuesday Meals
breakfast - none. oh, coffee. i slept in so raced out the door with a roadie.
lunch - 1/4 chicken, 1/2 sour dough roll, 3 chicken nuggets, 2 bits garlic bread and a diet coke (oh, the irony!)
dinner - lean steak sandwich with rye bread
snack - pineapple - yum!

Total Calories - 1426 (aiming for 1500) but my fat % was 38%. Carbs and protein were in line.

flipafart
11-01-2005, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE=Mrs.T]Breakfast: Was unintentionally skipped because of the Sears man.

:carrot:

Is there more to this story that you are willing to tell or you holding out on us :lol: well anyway I just want you to know we all have bad days as long as we get back up and get on track ...........about the sears man was he....oh nevermind ;)

I'm a little under 1350 calories but I still have 30 more to go for today as soon as I take my vitamins that should wrap things up

Looking4TheWayOut
11-02-2005, 09:16 AM
Wednesday, November 2nd:

Calorie Target: 1,500

Breakfast: 3/4 of an Uncrustable PB&J by Smuckers, coffee

Lunch: 3/4 of wheat bagel with light cream cheese, coffee

Dinner: 3 sausage links, 3 4-inch wheat pancakes, 1/4 C. light syrup

Snack: 100 calorie Smart Pop popcorn bag (single serving), Reese's PB cup

All was hunger-based eating, but my snack was also due to anxiety. For some reason, I'm always anxious right before my kids get home from school. I haven't really figured it out yet.

Waters today: 12servings

Calories for day: 1,496 (1,500 target) :carrot:

angel-eyes
11-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Morning all !!!

Last nights spinach and feta strata was pretty much like a glorified quiche. I liked it but the boys didn't. I have another serving for todays lunch. So yay...for me!!

Breakfast:......2 Special K ff waffles, 2T smuckers lc syrup, 1/2 C ff cottage cheese and all the free cinnamon I want!!
Snack........1C strawberries, 1 mozz. string cheese
Lunch.......infamous spinach and feta strata (quiche thing), 1 yogurt
Snack.........watermelon, small chicken pc.
Supper........sloppy joe on lc whole wheat bun -gr.turkey,tom.sauce,kid.beans

water so far.........3 C but its only 10 am

Mrs.T
11-02-2005, 08:02 PM
Can I just say, this is the hardest part of the whole thing.. I hate telling you guys that I cave to candy.. ugh.. bleh

Breakfast: FF Yogurt
Kittkat and a peanutbutter cup
Lunch: chicken, veggies
Dinner: Mastacholi

With tea 1397 calories total

I ate the kittkat because I swore it WANTED me to eat it. I think I
was bored at the time

Daisy Boo
11-02-2005, 08:44 PM
Yesterday was a little weird as I was at home until midday and then at work until 5pm. I am usually at work from 8am-5pm. We were getting blinds put in (they look fantastic! so much better than the black plastic we had covering the front windows :lol: ) so I was at home for that all morning. I should have had lunch before leaving home but wasn't hungry. Got hungry around 3pm so just had some snack food.

9.30am Breakfast: Guardian cereal and low fat milk and too many coffees
3.00pm Lunch: 5 soy and linseed crackers and flavoured tuna.
7.30pm Dinner: fish and chips
9.00pm Snack: pineapple (I know, so much pineapple but it tastes soooooo good!)

Considerably under my goal caloric intake of 1500 - actual was 1129. However, my fat/carb/protein ratio was 29%/42%/29% which is around about what it should have been.

Honestly all was hunger based. I ate when I felt hungry. Does that matter that I didn't have lunch for over 5 hours past having my last meal?

I put the times on my meals just so you could see the break in between meals. I am a little confused by eating hunger based, but also eating at regular intervals throughout the day. I mean, if I am not hungry first thing in the morning, can I wait until I am? The same with lunch - is it wrong?

angel-eyes
11-02-2005, 10:43 PM
I guess the idea is to keep your blood sugar levels stable so that you don't have a big dip and start to binge. Hunger based meals are good, but you might be needing abit more in between. For me....I need to have a little pc of fruit/cheese to keep me on an even keel. Good luck though with whatever you decide :) .....

SunnyKells
11-02-2005, 11:15 PM
I ate the kittkat because I swore it WANTED me to eat it.

Oh you crack me up! :lol:

I didn't do bad today, but I forgot to write in my journal and I lost track of calories and what I even ate fo sure or how much ... I just had a BAD day at work and wasn't caring much about anything but I do think I was under my calories ... tomorrow I'll get back on track :D

happydaisy
11-03-2005, 12:04 AM
Today I pretty much had jello and water -- feeling nasty. So, tomorrow (assuming I'm not so queasy) I'll start my balanced oxidizer plan. Good job girls! :carrot:

happydaisy
11-03-2005, 08:56 AM
11-03-05

Breakfast: 1 piece whole wheat toast/1 oz 2% cheese/1 egg/1 cup black chai
flavored tea - total 200 calories - eating was hunger based and I feel pleasantly satisfied now, not stuffed. :p

Snack: 1 cup grapes - 60 calories

Lunch: 1 cup cheese tortellini with 1/4 cup tomato sauce - 280 calories

Dinner: 6 inch roast beef sub with mustard and peppers/6 oz v8/banana - 425 calories

snack: 1 pack oreo thin crisps/1 oz cashews/1 piece skim string cheese

Total calories: 1378

Total water: 10 (so far)

angel-eyes
11-03-2005, 12:48 PM
Hi girls. Well todays another day!!! Hope everyone is staying OP.

Breakfast: 1 C mini wheats, 1 C skim milk, 2 poached eggs
Snack: apple, 1 part skim mozz cheese string
Lunch.....seafood rollup: 3oz of lobster leg stuff,whole wheat tortilla,ff miracle whip
pc of watermelon, almonds
Supper.......sloppy joe: 1 lc whole wheat bun, gr turkey, sauce,diced tom. chunks, 2T ff sour cream, sprinkle of shr. mozz cheese.

So far so good......8 glasses of water already down the hatch!! :lol:

Looking4TheWayOut
11-03-2005, 01:31 PM
Thursday, November 3rd:

Target calories: 1,400 ... actual calories 1,410

Waters: 10 servings (hard due to non-exercise day, but I did it)

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs by using Pam, light wheat toast (35 calories a slice) with one pat of butter for both, yogurt cup, coffee (it was a big breakfast, but I was seriously hungry and didn't even feel satisfied afterwards ... lol)

Lunch: cheese stick and one serving of cereal with 1% milk (didn't feel like cooking)

Dinner: barbecued boneless trimmed ribs (done in crock pot), 10 fries, broccoli, cauliflower dish

Snacks: 1 serving juice, Reese's cup (dessert for dinner)

All meals/snacks were hunger-based. If I felt anxious or the need to snack, I started knitting a scarf instead. I wanted a little something sweet after dinner so opted for the PB cup. A little taste of sweet tends to keep me sane.

Mrs.T
11-03-2005, 02:04 PM
So far today!

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled, 2 pieces of toast, and a few home fries which added up to 471.

Lunch: Baked Mastacholi, with whole wheat pasta and non fat mozzarella. 301 Calories

Totals so far:

6 waters
54 minutes of exercise
772 calories

I ate because I was hungry and stopped eating when I was full. I only really feel anxiety at dinner time right before my husband gets home. I tend to eat more to stuff it down and I have no real solid answer as to why.

happydaisy
11-04-2005, 12:18 AM
Posting my menu early because I will be at work from until really late tomorrow -

Breakfast: 1/2 cup atkins morning start blueberry cereal/1/2 cup skim milk/1/2 cup strawberries/1/2 banana

Lunch: 1 piece whole wheat bread/1 TBSP peanut butter/1 tsp. honey/1 cup skim milk

Dinner: low carb broccoli & cheese soup/1 cup grapes/cottage cheese with blueberries

Snack: 6 oz yogurt/1 oz cashews/1 skim string cheese

Sure to have lots of water since I'll be on my feet for 12 hours :carrot:

Mrs.T
11-04-2005, 08:02 AM
Okay, my calories yesterday were 1510. For some reason my posts aren't posting cause I know I posted last night. Oh well on to another day.

Breakfast: FF Yogurt 120 Calories

I haven't eaten yet, but I have two waters down! Today is my 1200 calorie day, I screwed up the last two of them. I think out of bordem and availability candy really screwed me up on Monday and Tuesday this week. I put it up and away and yesterday I had NO candy! It was awesome at the end of the day to know I hadn't eaten ANY of it! I hope everyone has a fabulous Friday!

Looking4TheWayOut
11-04-2005, 01:22 PM
Friday, November 4th Menu:

Breakfast: Just coffee (bad I know)

Lunch: Yogurt (even worse, I know)

Snacks: 1 oz. cheese, 1 1/2 cups cereal w/ 1% milk, 1 bag single serving popcorn w/ cheese beforehand

Dinner: 2 soft tacos (260 calories each)

Water so far: 12 servings

Calories so far: 1130 (I am low so will have 2 ounces of cheese tonight instead of the planned snack of just one)

Angel, that's exactly right ... I wanted tacos tonight so really planned for it and kept myself busy outside. You're good! :^:

angel-eyes
11-04-2005, 02:15 PM
Hi everyone.....

Emma...tsk tsk...Are you saving up for some gourmet dinner? Enjoy it whatever it is.

Okay, here's my meals so far......

Breakfast....1C miniwheats, 1 c skim milk, 1 poached egg
Lunch......... 1 ham sandwich, 1tsp ff miracle whip, 1 ff yogurt,1/2C blueberries added to yogurt
Snack......apple, string cheese
Dinner.......BurgerKing salad with added shrimp, no dressing from BK, Hendricksons vinegrette brought from home (ds wants to use his bday coupon for a kids meal :^: ....)

angel-eyes
11-04-2005, 02:30 PM
Hi JG's.....
Forgot to mention.....I have my best friend from highschool (gosh, has it been almost 30 yrs?) flying in tommorow. I'll be with you all in spirit but not sure just how much I'll be posting and popping in. Do Jillian proud!!! :carrot:

missqt
11-06-2005, 08:58 AM
I'm eating well during the day, but struggling with nighttime eating. Even though I have no junk food in my house, I'll finish most of my healthy snacks by Tuesday night! And calories in excess (no matter where they are from) will cause weight gain. . .Has anyone overcome nighttime eating?

Mrs.T
11-06-2005, 09:33 AM
Yesterday I forgot to check in! I had a great day until I stayed up all night playing a video game with my husband, but I didn't do too bad, it was only 150 calories over!

So far this morning:

1 water
1 FF yogurt 130 calories

I ate last night as a mindless drone..it was lame.

Looking4TheWayOut
11-06-2005, 02:49 PM
Hi, everyone! I didn't check-in yesterday due to riding the cotton horse. I get really sick when I get my period. I don't know what my calories were, but I know my water servings were only 2. Eeek!

I am really short on time, but have been doing great today.

I had 10 waters today.

Yogurt, cheese, 1 bite-size Tootsie Roll

Dinner: Cheese ravioli w/ sauce, large garden salad w/ light dressing

Total calories thus far: 950

Sorry for not reading entries, but I'll catch up either tonight or tomorrow. I've been working hard outside.

Looking4TheWayOut
11-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Missqt, I just wanted to make sure you saw my reply. I have a horrible time with nighttime eating as well. Jillian said the myth about when you eat is BS. She said it's how much you eat and that you eat when you're hungry.

Still, nighttime eating for me usually means I'm eating when I'm not hungry. I believe I am overcoming it. I don't have to eat every night now, but I usually have a planned snack ... not late, but after dinner.

I knit, paint my nails ... anything except eat!

Maybe you should just have a planned snack, fit it into your calories, and if things get rough ... find something to do with your hands. I hope this helps! I know how hard it is to break this habit!

Mrs.T
11-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Breakfast : FF yogurt

For lunch :Left over pasta putanesca and a diet coke

Dinner": Turkey burgers, whole wheat buns, (lettuce tomato, cheese)
Need to add that up, then 1 serving of Kettle chips

I feel SO hungry today but no idea why. I'm not over eating
though so thats a good sign.

All of that leaves me at 1070 for the evening. No exercise today.
Today is a 1200 day so I get to have a snack later, which will be my
tea biscuit with my tea!

happydaisy
11-07-2005, 03:50 PM
This is for yesterday....

Breakfast - 1 cup cantaloupe/1 trix cereal bar

Snack: caramel (1 tbsp) with apples

Lunch: 1 oz cheese

Snack: 1 mini snicker/2 mini air heads/2 hershey kiss :o

Dinner: 1/2 cup yogurt/1/2 cup milk/oatmeal

snack: 1/2 cinnamon bagel

Total calories 1145

Total water 5 :o

happydaisy
11-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Today is going to be a little weird looking because I worked all night last night and didn't start eating today until 3 in the afternoon due to sleeping....

Breakfast: 1/2 cinnamon bagel

Lunch: trix cereal bar and italian ice

Dinner: salad with hardboiled egg/two slices of pizza/diet coke

That puts me at 1309, but todays a 1550 day, so I'll have some kind of snack later. :carrot:

happydaisy
11-08-2005, 09:40 AM
11-8-05

Breakfast - 1.5 eggs scrambled with 1 oz 2% cheese and 1 tbsp salsa with a cup of black tea.

Looking4TheWayOut
11-08-2005, 11:22 AM
Still sick. I did my calories for yesterday, but have been eating anything that sounds good. I didn't even eat dinner lastnight. Calories were high just by eating when I felt like it. :(

happydaisy
11-08-2005, 12:01 PM
11-8-05

Breakfast - 1.5 eggs scrambled with 1 oz 2% cheese and 1 tbsp salsa with a cup of black tea.

Lunch - salad with broccoli and cauliflower, 1 oz 2 % cheese, 1 oz almonds, 1 cup skim milk

Dinner - 3 oz baked chicken, 1/2 cup green beans, 1/2 cup red potatoes with 1 tbsp. parmesan

Looking4TheWayOut
11-09-2005, 11:27 AM
I wish more of you were doing these journals. It helps to see how others are doing and what they're eating. Especially when I'm coming off of a bad couple of days.

Anyhow, it's Wednesday, hump day, and here's my full menu:

Lunch: Yogurt, light blueberry cake, cheesestick

Snack: cheesestick

Dinner: 2 pizzas plain homemade pizza, large green salad w/ light dressing

Total calories: 1,420

I can finally say after two bad days that today was ALL hunger-based eating. :woo:

happydaisy
11-10-2005, 12:06 AM
Today was not so great for me. I woke up feeling horribly nauseated and dizzy. Threw up all morning. When it was finally over I ate just cheeze its and gatoratde with a few popsicles (not so healthy, but all I could handle.) By tonight I was feeling good and really hungry and I had a whopper junior and reese's. Back on track tomorrow. Glad you're feeling better Emma! And I'm with you, I wish everyone would post their intake. Sometimes I'm scared too because I feel like I've been doing kind of crappy lately. But I look on the 20 somethings board and their food accountability section and it really gives you some great ideas. Plus, knowing I needed to post this totally stopped me from getting ice cream with my sister tonight. :)

Daisy Boo
11-10-2005, 01:55 AM
Well I have had the crappiest week - and it is not even over yet. Sorry for not posting, but i think i would have a coronary just looking at the food i have eaten this week in retrospect.

a long, long story but am pretty much just feeling emotionally and mentally drained.

Will fill you in on the update thread.

Mrs.T
11-10-2005, 09:31 AM
Today is my day! I'm back on track today! My daughter is feeling better so things are easier.

So far: Breakfast: 1 cup of Special K 150 calories (with 2%)

Planned for lunch: Tuna with FF mayo

Planned for dinner: Whole Wheat Mostacholi! Love it!

will check in later!

Looking4TheWayOut
11-10-2005, 09:41 AM
mostaccioli is the spelling, thanks for cracking me up before I go back to bed ... we know you're not Italian. :lol:

Mrs.T
11-10-2005, 08:56 PM
ha ha... not technically Italian.. just sort of.. :P

Final counts

Special K 115
Milk, cow's, fluid, 2% 61
Tuna, fresh, dried 76 =
Bread, whole wheat, 157
Pasta, whole wheat, with meat sauce 602
Caesar salad (with romaine) 335
digestive serving 280
Totals 1625

Hunger based eating for the most part until my period started and then I was ready to cry about everything, had anxiety at bed bath and beyond... and then ate 4 digestives instead of just 2..

happydaisy
11-11-2005, 12:09 AM
11-11-05

Posting tomorrows menu because I know I'll be too busy...

Breakfast: Atkins cereal (blueberry morning)/1/2 cup skim milk/1 egg/1 oz skim cheese

Lunch: Cottage cheese/apple/1 Tbsp. peanut butter

Dinner: Clam Chowder/Zone protein shake/1/2 cup peaches/1 oz. cheese

Snack: 1 cup grapes/4 oz low carb yogurt/tea

Projected cals: 1376

Daisy Boo
11-12-2005, 06:43 AM
what the **** is whole wheat mosta-hootie? :?:

Mrs.T
11-12-2005, 09:56 AM
Whole Wheat Penne (a type of pasta in the box) cooked mixed with meat sauce (turkey meat for me), put into a baking dish (I use glass) and low fat mozzarella covering the top, bake for 20-30 min...

Yesterday was an awful calorie day...

Breakfast: Special K
Lunch: Left over Pasta
Dinner: 3 slices of pizza... ugh
tea and digestives at like 9pm which totally put me over..

Mrs.T
11-13-2005, 10:33 AM
Yesterday and today so far are all emotional based crappy eating. Just checking in, I've not got anything to be proud of here but my period is ebbing and that will change everything.

Looking4TheWayOut
11-13-2005, 03:11 PM
November 12th Menu:

Breakfast: Fruit 'n Fiber SF yogurt, coffee

Lunch: Cheesestick

Snack: OJ

Dinner: lean burger, cauliflower

I have been burning lots of calories chopping wood and carting it with wheelbarrow to stacking pile. I'm just touching base while I have a minute.

I'm going to reverse last week's downward spiral! :carrot:

Mrs.T
11-14-2005, 09:51 AM
Good morning everyone! I'm making different choices today and I'm very happy to be restarting week 3!

Breakfast was 396 calories. I ate because I was hungry.

Lunch and Dinner are planned to add up to 1200 calories, will check in later.

Looking4TheWayOut
11-14-2005, 10:34 AM
Monday, November 14th Menu:

Breakfast: Coffee, yogurt (SF w/ fiber)

Lunch: cheese stick

Dinner: lean burgers, cauliflower

Snacks: 2 cherry Kisses, 1 1/2 pretzel rods, sharp cheese (1 oz.)

Water: 10

Target calories today: 1,400 and had 1,402! :carrot:

angel-eyes
11-14-2005, 12:50 PM
Morning......
Breakfast......1 C oatmeal, 1 poached egg
Snack...... 1 apple, 1 mozz. string cheese
Lunch.......1 lc whole wheat bread, ff miracle whip, 1/2 chicken breast,lettuce
Snack.....yogurt or pc of fruit
Dinner.......chicken breast, green beans, carrots

Water so far......5 glasses by noon

Mrs.T
11-14-2005, 09:29 PM
Okay 10 glasses down
Calories were 1340, 140 over because I had tea cookies that I didn't factor in.

All eating was hunger based!! No emotional eating today!

Looking4TheWayOut
11-15-2005, 11:31 AM
Tuesday, November 15th:

Before workout snack: SF yogurt cup (hungry, shaky)

Breakfast: 1 serving shredded wheat with 1% milk (again, hungry)

Lunch: mozz cheese stick, 1 pretzel rod (hungry, but cleaning & busy)

Dinner: 1 lean sausage patty w/ onion sammy, 2 salt potatoes, 1 serving broccoli (not hungry, just eating with family ... didn't finish what I had)

Additional snacks: 1 small soft pretzel w/ mustard, 1 serving milk w/ cocoa packet, 4 pretzel rods, 1 cheddar cheese stick (some together ... not at all separate times)

Waters: 10

Target calories: 1,700

angel-eyes
11-15-2005, 04:43 PM
Hey all....

Breakfast......1 C oatmeal, raisins, egg
snack.......string cheese, Kashi granola bar
Lunch......pc chicken, 1 C Progresso beef soup
snack......almonds
dinner.......1.5 C whole wheat pasta, cheese, spag sauce (was supposed to be lasagna, but I only had w.w. spirals) 1 glass milk

water so far........6 glasses, 2 herbal teas

Mrs.T
11-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Calorie target for the day was 1600
Breakfast was accidentally skipped..

1-Coffee, latte 73
1-Peanut butter and jelly sandwich 331
1 cup of Pace 80
1-tortilla chips 130
2-Burrito w/SC 830
Tea biscuts 1 serving 140
Totals 1584

Dinner was really high because I went through most of the day and adding up thought the burrito would be way more but it wasn't, so I had two.. but I was actually hungry, I really took my time making sure of it and drank diet coke in between bites.

I had only 6 waters so far, but I'm going to at least fit 3 more in.

Looking4TheWayOut
11-16-2005, 08:07 AM
Wednesday, November 16th:

Breakfast: Granola Raisin Bran sans raisins, 1% milk

Will add on as day progresses or when I have time.

Mrs.T
11-16-2005, 09:49 AM
Wed:

Breakfast-
1 hard boiled egg
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
1 slice of whole grain toast
VERY slightly buttered
Total: 274

happydaisy
11-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Weds November 16

Breakfast: 1 egg/1oz 2% cheese/1 piece whole wheat toast/1/2 tbsp. benecol/1/2 cup strawberries

Lunch: crackers/yogurt/1 cup melon

Dinner: 3 oz roast/1 red potato/1 tbsp parmesan/1/2 tbsp olive oil/green beans

Snack: cottage cheese/black tea

Snack #2: small serving peppermint ice cream/4 mini gingerbread cookies

Waters: 10 so far, 1 diet coke

Calories: 1350

Mrs.T
11-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Lunch: Yogurt 130 Calories

angel-eyes
11-16-2005, 04:12 PM
Hey all.....

Breakfast......2pc lc whole wheat toast, smidge of butter, pbutter and jam, 1 poached egg
snack.....100 cal pack of wheat thins, mozz. cheese string
lunch......1 C progresso beef veg. soup, 1 low carb tortilla, ff miracle whip and thick slice of chicken breast
dinner.......chicken bruschetta, green salad

water so far....8 C

Mrs.T
11-16-2005, 05:41 PM
BBQ Chicken: 328
1 cup Veg: 107

Today is a 1200 calorie day, so far I'm at 839 and I'm not feeling very hungry but I have a snack planned after my work out.

happydaisy
11-17-2005, 10:00 AM
11-17-05

Breakfast: 1 serving of organic peanut butter cereal/1/2 cup skim milk/1 piece whole wheat toast/1 oz. 2% cheese/1/2 cup blackberries

Lunch: 1 taco/1 serving pintos and cheese/1 diet coke/1 v8

Dinner: 3 oz chicken (skinless)/1 red potato/1 tbsp. parmesan/1/2 green beans

Snack: strawberries (1/2 cup)/melon (1 cup)/cottage cheese

Total calories: 1237

Waters so far: 4

Mrs.T
11-17-2005, 10:30 AM
Breakfast: FF yogurt and 1 cup of low fat cottage cheese- 284 calories.

Looking4TheWayOut
11-17-2005, 10:31 AM
Do you gals come back after the day is done to update if you eat more? Just curious.

So far for me today it's just been coffee. Yes, it's bad, but I'm trying to get a mountain of cleaning done in this crazy house. :lol:

Lunch: sharp cheese stick, 2 pretzel rods

Dinner: 1 cut pork loin, broccoli, one portion baked fries (not eaten yet so will be back with this total)

Calories after lunch: 400

Water so far: 7.5 servings

Mrs.T
11-17-2005, 11:01 AM
I didn't last night, but I had 140 calories added to the 839, but that was it for the night.

Mrs.T
11-17-2005, 02:24 PM
Lunch today:
healthy choice veg soup 2 servings- 240 Calories
Garlic Toast 2 servings-190

Totals so far: 713 and only TWO waters... Getting to work more on the water. Today is a 1600 calorie day..

angel-eyes
11-17-2005, 09:11 PM
hey girls....

breakfast......2 eggs, 2 lc whole wheat toast with a smidge of butter
snack.......apple, mozz cheese string
lunch......4 crackers, bowl of beef barley soup (at restaurant)
snack.......3 thin almond cookies
dinner.......1/4 C rice, chicken breast, green beans

water.....10 C so far

Mrs.T
11-18-2005, 11:19 AM
Sorry about not checking in with final numbers last night ladies but I had a LOT to do in the last few days and I just did NOT want to turn on the computer!!

Okay last nights final number was 1567 including my tea biscuts. Only 6 waters yesterday total

Today so far: (I should probably be yelled at for my choices.. but here goes)

3 pancakes with syrup, no butter

For a total of 720 calories... *smacking my head* Today can be a high calorie day up to 1700 because I can just make Sat and Sunday both low days and it will add up accordingly. Horrible choices though. Why did I want the pancakes? Well my step father is in the hospital, my in laws are on their way, my grandparents want me to drive up to be with my mom, NOTHING has been cleaned to my satisfaction yet, my cousin is also on her way here and I guess I just let it consume me instead of 'coping' with it appropriately. ugh

3 waters down for this morning

Mrs.T
11-18-2005, 12:46 PM
For lunch: 120 calories, Healthy Choice soup.. 1 serving.

angel-eyes
11-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Hi Mrs. T..... I wouldn't worry about your pancakes, but next time I would limit yourself to 1-2 and add some protein. Jillian advises not to eat just one category at a time. I sometimes add a 1/2 C of cottage cheese and cinnamon to pancakes/waffles as a side. This way, I'm combining carbs and protein just like she says. Your lunch is a great choice. I love healthy choice and progresso soups. Nothing like a nice hot bowl of soup on a cold and blistery day!!! Hang in there. :hug:

angel-eyes
11-18-2005, 06:38 PM
okay here goes it...

breakfast......1 bowl of miniwheats, skim milk, pc of chicken breast
snack.......lg apple, mozz.cheese string
lunch.......chicken bruchetta...(chicken breast, diced tomatoes,sm portion of stuffing)
snack......bowl of ceral, milk (was very hungry), pc of cheese
dinner......salmon, broccoli, green beans

water so far.....10 glasses....glug glug glug**

happydaisy
11-18-2005, 10:32 PM
11-18-05

Breakfast: bowl of oatmeal, cup of skim milk

Lunch: v8, lean cuisine pizza and fruit

Dinner: 1 taco/serving of pinto beans

No snacks, didn't feel so great today. More water than I can count though. :carrot:

Mrs.T
11-19-2005, 09:41 AM
Dinner was grilled chicken quesadilla - 200 cal
Didn't eat anything but 1 half of that and the adkins approved cheesecake - I'm not sure on the calories for that, but I'm assuming its not more than 600.. I could be wrong but that would then make me WAY over for calories yesterday..

Today is a 1200 calorie day and so is tomorrow

So far today:

1 cup of Honey nut cheerios 114 Calories
1/2 cup of 2 % milk 61 calories

No water yet to speak of.

Mrs.T
11-19-2005, 04:52 PM
Had whole wheat pasta penne 301 calories
Tuna sandwich for dinner 243

My totals at: 709

5 waters down.

Tea and biscuits planned later 140 calories

Looking4TheWayOut
11-20-2005, 08:16 AM
I wish I had some kind of appetite suppressant. It would be cheating because of Jillian wanting you to actually have the hunger, but mine gets the best of me. I don't want anymore temporary solutions, but I can blank everything out and just eat.

Like lastnight I took the kids to see Harry Potter and had a ton of popcorn. Ugh. Just getting it out there, I guess.

Mrs.T
11-20-2005, 07:19 PM
Today was an okay day.

It's a 1200 calorie day

I had 2 scrambled eggs
1 biscuit
1 pat of butter
1 serving of chips and salsa
1 serving of left over pasta
= 950

Planned snack later tea and tea cookies 140 calories for a total of 1090

Daisy Boo
11-20-2005, 08:03 PM
Hi ladies :wave:

Well, I am back with a vengance.

I have been lurking and keeping an eye on all of you and have to say you are all doing great!

I know we all slip up occasionally, but that's life and just getting back on the wagon the next day is the best thing to do.

Emma - Are you eating enough? I remember thinking from your posts that your intake seems minimal. Looking at your last food post, to me your lunch could do with some more density - but i am not sure of your goal caloric intake or your oxidizing level. Let us know and we can work it out so you don't feel so lost.

Happy losing :hug:

happydaisy
11-20-2005, 09:26 PM
Breakfast - oatmeal/1cup skim milk

Lunch - grapes/lean cuisine

Dinner - chips with 2 percent cheese/fruit

Snack - fruit

Daisy Boo
11-21-2005, 06:15 AM
breakfast - coffee ( :nono: )
lunch - spinach and chicken quiche with waldorf salad (apple, cabbage, walnuts)
snack - pear, banana, 2 more coffees ( :o )

still to come
dinner - marinated lamb ribs and salad
dessert - WW choc mousse

all up about 1400 cal.

oh, and water - 2.4LT! :carrot:

Mrs.T
11-21-2005, 09:46 AM
Breakfast:

2 hard boiled eggs
1 glass of water

I had a complete weekend of 1200 calorie days, so today I'm going to 1400 just to mix it up.

I hope everyone is doing well!!

angel-eyes
11-21-2005, 05:08 PM
Hi everyone....

Breakfast......2 ff special K waffles, ff lc syrup, scrambled eggs
Lunch........1 C progresso chicken soup, 3 wasa crackers, 1 slice borden sharp cheese, smidge of butter on crackers
Snack......8 animal crackers
Dinner.........pork tenderloin, carrots, green beans

water so far.....10 Cups

Mrs.T
11-21-2005, 09:53 PM
Oh crap... I really thought today was a 1200 calorie day, I went up to 1300 calories anyway!!! LOL

Lunch was half a PB&J, and 1/2 cup of non fat cottage cheese

Dinner was garlic roasted chicken with a cup full of vegetables and some roasted potatoes.

Tea and tea biscuits.. woohoo

angel-eyes
11-22-2005, 04:53 PM
hey....we should call this the Mrs. T and Angel-eyes food journal thread.... :D Where is everyone? hehe

I was eating on the run today, so not very good planning wise......

breakfast....1 C oatmeal, 1/2 C skim milk...a few raisins/br. sugar
pc of leftover pork tenderloin
snack......apple, mozz. string (3 pm)
Lunch.....2 lc whole wheat bread, 1 cheese slice, ham(3 pm)
Dinner......shepherds pie....(ground beef, corn, mashed potatoes)....not sure yet...but I could have eggs and toast.

water.....not enough yet....only 4 C

chick_in_the_hat
11-22-2005, 04:58 PM
I'm lazy - I lurk....I do log everything into FitDay...

Daisy Boo
11-22-2005, 07:33 PM
:censored: yesterday.

i did well - until i went home to an empty house and ate too much.

breakfast - coffee
lunch - 2 x nori hand rolls (yum!)
dinner - left overs from the night before.
snack - pear, 2 fruit muffins.

I am keeping my water up though and got in 2.4LT again yesterday. I have a bladder the size of a peanut!

OzLoserToBe
11-22-2005, 07:39 PM
Oh Daisy, doesn't it suck when you actually drink the water you should be drinking. You seem to always be going to the bathroom.

Not at all an expert but shouldn't you be having more for breakfast than a coffee???

Daisy Boo
11-22-2005, 07:51 PM
Oh Daisy, doesn't it suck when you actually drink the water you should be drinking. You seem to always be going to the bathroom.

Not at all an expert but shouldn't you be having more for breakfast than a coffee???

i don't think you have to be an expert to know that you need to eat breakfast ;) but thank you for pointing it out. it is one of my biggest bad habits that i need to break.

i haven't eaten breakfast since i was about 14 (which was the same time i developed an eating disorder) - only now could you count the weekends with the occasional cook up. i am one of those people who is up, dressed and out the door within 30 minutes without a thought for breakfast and normally don't really get hungry until 11.00am.

i normally have my coffee on the way to work in the car (45 min drive each way). I was thinking this morning that perhaps making a smoothie in the morning instead might be the way to go - and drink that in the car instead.

otherwise i suppose i need to become a morning person and just get up 15 mins earlier.

thoughts?

OzLoserToBe
11-22-2005, 08:05 PM
Maybe start by stocking the cupboards with a healthy breakfast bar. Something you can grab and eat in the car with your coffee. It's a start.

When I was a teenager I discovered that it was only when I ate something that I got hungry, so I would leave it as late as possible in the day before I ate and often would go days without eating. Bad bad. Once I went a month without eating, I think I lost 4 kg, I screwd my body up so bad.

The really bad part was that I wouldn't eat all day and then after school I would go to the gym and do an aerobics class and blackout. I would hear people talk about me in whispers saying I was sick. I would get angry and think well why on earth doesn't someone help me.

Eat breakfast!!! :)

chick_in_the_hat
11-22-2005, 09:05 PM
Have you got Kashi Bars over there? Granola bars are good, too..just make sure you read the label, some of them have A LOT of calories. I try not to go over 130 calories for a bar...no preparation required! Bananas or apples are also handy for driving food. Yogurt is handy - but you might want to wait 'til you get to work...:joker:

happydaisy
11-22-2005, 11:15 PM
Today was not so good - just found out I have pneumonia. Since I was nauseous, I had a pack of gushers, a thing of gatorade and water.

MrsJim
11-23-2005, 12:44 AM
i don't think you have to be an expert to know that you need to eat breakfast ;) but thank you for pointing it out. it is one of my biggest bad habits that i need to break.

i haven't eaten breakfast since i was about 14 (which was the same time i developed an eating disorder) - only now could you count the weekends with the occasional cook up. i am one of those people who is up, dressed and out the door within 30 minutes without a thought for breakfast and normally don't really get hungry until 11.00am.

i normally have my coffee on the way to work in the car (45 min drive each way). I was thinking this morning that perhaps making a smoothie in the morning instead might be the way to go - and drink that in the car instead.

otherwise i suppose i need to become a morning person and just get up 15 mins earlier.

thoughts?

This is interesting because if you saw tonight's show...Bob talked about that very topic - that a great many overweight/obese people SKIP breakfast - and end up pigging out throughout the day!

The show was promoting Quaker's Weight Control instant oatmeal...while I normally shun those 'girly instant packs' of oatmeal for the old-fashioned kind - I just checked the ingredients on the Quaker website (http://www.weightcontrol.quakeroatmeal.com/AboutWeightControl/Banana.cfm) and it seems like a pretty good choice - a good amount of fiber and only 1 gram of sugar!

Actually, the old-fashioned oats only takes about 3 minutes to make in the microwave...I usually just pour in 1/2 cup of dry oats, add a few frozen blueberries, some cinnamon and Splenda, pour water overall and nuke for about 2 1/2 minutes...what could be simpler...generally I'll have an eggwhite omelette with it or you can do what our Mel and Meg (from Ladies who Lift and Maintainers forums here at 3FC) do and stir in some protein powder after nuking!

Even if you're not hungry in the morning (yet!) I would HIGHLY recommend having a nutritious breakfast - try and get something LOW in sugar, with complex carbs, fiber and protein - Cap'n Crunch or Apple Jacks don't count... ;)

As far as the smoothie is concerned, personally I don't think that's the best choice because they are normally LOADED with sugar and don't 'hold' you very well - they go through your gut pretty quickly! Eat something that your digestive system can work on for awhile...that's my advice ;)

Daisy Boo
11-23-2005, 01:12 AM
wow - thanks guys! I think there are some great suggestions in here.

MrsJim - we haven't yet had the episode you mentioned of TBL (we are two weeks behind - Shannon only just got booted) so I will definately be sure to watch (as if I wouldn't anyway :D )

This whole process for me is breaking bad habits formed as a teenager. a typical day would have been not eating a thing until dinner, and then gorging and then exercising like a maniac. I actually was vegetarian for about 5 years - initially as a ploy so I didn't have to explain why I wasn't eating.

I think at this same time I developed an issue with eating in front of people - as weird as it is to say. I just wouldn't eat in public. Even now, I won't go to a cafe and eat by myself but would prefer to eat in my car. Sounds pretty sad saying it out loud actually :( .

I will have a think about it tonight and devise something for breakfast. I had tried the packet portions of porridge/oatmeal before and quite liked them. I like the idea of just doing it in the microwave. Perhaps some new tupperware is in order and I can make it at home and then nuke it and eat it at work :chin:

I simply am not hungry in the mornings, but if I waited until about 8.30/9.00am it would still be breakfast - right :shrug: what time would it no longer be conducive to maintaining my metabolism?

my head hurts :?:

happydaisy - hope you feel better soon - you have been doing great!

OzLoserToBe
11-23-2005, 05:57 AM
Yay, this is great it's like a big team effort to work on Daisy's breakfast. I reckon your plan sounds great and really any excuse for new tupperware is a good one. :) I think if you can work breakfast into your day that is a huge success. OK off you go now, report back. Oh before you go.. I hate eating in public too. When people ask what your favourite restaurant is I'm like.. ahhh yeah I don't eat at restaurants. Time to change!! Oh and one more thing, did you see we have a double episode of BL this Friday night which should catch us up to the US. It's going head to head with Survivor, guess the recorder is going to get a workout.

HappyDaisy, sorry to hear you're not well. :( Try to focus on resting and letting yourself recover properly.

Mrs.T
11-23-2005, 08:27 AM
HappyDaisy, OMG, I am so sorry you're not feeling well. Just rest and take care of yourself!!

Yesterday I forgot to check in. Yesterday was 1600 calorie day, did well with that.

Water sucked yesterday, going to up that today and refocus on that.

Looking4TheWayOut
11-23-2005, 09:50 AM
I've been sucking on calories and water. One day I have too many and a day like yesterday, I have many 800. Ugh! When I'm sick or get stressed, things tend to spiral. It's good to come here and see so many posts and so much interaction.

angel-eyes
11-23-2005, 09:50 AM
Good Morning girls.....

Daisyboo....not a breakfast eater eh? Well what about those drinkable yogurts? Much safer to eat (er ...drink) while driving in the car and no spoon to worry about while driving!! :D .....Also an apple with a mozz. cheese string is very portable. I'm just the opposite, no snooze button for me, and its breakfast early with the boys before school. What about, poaching some hard boiled eggs.....and keep them handy in the fridge for an easy grab?

Happydaisy....Poor you!! I hope you're feeling better soon with a couple of days of bedrest!!! :hug: Being sick is no fun!!!

Mrs Jim..... I wondered about the instant weight control oatmeal also. I'm a regular cook on the stove kinda girl !!! I have it about 4 times a week....also good for lowering cholesterol (if anyone needs that), so a double whammy.

Chick in hat......Kashi bars are pretty good, but you have to watch the sugar total. Other granola bars range up to 24 gr of sugar....THATS 4 TEASPOONS!!! Certainly does pay to read those labels!!!

Ami Lu
11-23-2005, 11:45 AM
I'll have to check out that Oatmeal, sounds like it would be quick and easy for work.

Food check in for today:

B: 2 Hard Boiled Eggs, 8 Strawberries sprinkeled w/Splenda
L: Planned - Leftover Chicken Stir Fry from last night (Chicken, Green Peppers, Carrots, Broccoli, with a tiny bit of Sesame oil and Soy Sauce)

D: Planned - Tuna or Chicken on a Big Salad w/FF Mango Poppyseed Dressing
*Yum* :carrot:

Been doing great on the water, but I swear people at work must think there's something wrong with me how often I go to the restroom now. :dizzy:

Good luck with the day, ladies.

Looking4TheWayOut
11-26-2005, 09:08 AM
Just cheering everyone on while I get my own act together! :)

happydaisy
11-27-2005, 12:35 PM
Emma, you and me both. No exercising because of the pneumonia until tomorrow when I get rechecked. I think I'm going to at least do yoga tonight though, that's not too much. My eating hasn't been terrible calorie wise but it hasn't been healthy either. Here's to a much better week! ;)

Today:

Breakfast: yogurt, green tea

Lunch: mini bagel pizza

happydaisy
11-27-2005, 10:51 PM
Today:

Breakfast: yogurt, green tea

Lunch: mini bagel pizza, diet coke

Dinner: turkey sandwich, diet coke

Snack: popcorn, soy crisps

happydaisy
11-28-2005, 10:06 AM
11-28-05

Breakfast: cottage cheese with blueberries/banana/green tea

Lunch: turkey sandwich/strawberries

Snack: 2 small peanut butter cookies

Dinner: bean burrito/1/2 cup light ice cream

angel-eyes
11-28-2005, 09:38 PM
Hi ya.....

Breakfast......1 C cereal, skim milk, mozz cheese string
Snack.....handfull of nuts
Lunch.....3 pc of lc whole wheat toast, smidge of butter, slice of cheese
Dinner.......2 poached eggs, 2 lc whole wheat toast,ff pudding, banana

water.....10 C so far
not a great day as I had alot of errands to run and then to the dentist for a new crown **ouch**

happydaisy
11-29-2005, 05:00 PM
Breakfast: Yogurt, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup grapes

Lunch: turkey sandwich with peppers and lettuce/banana

Dinner: Salad with chicken and light ranch/v8

Snack: cottage cheese with blueberries/1 oz. almonds

Water: 90 oz. :)

Looking4TheWayOut
11-30-2005, 11:59 AM
So far today ... just coffee, but I did exercise. ;)

angel-eyes
11-30-2005, 01:38 PM
hmmm.....gotta get back into posting those meals. They keep me focused and remind me of 'only' what I need to eat and no extras.

Breakfast..... 1 C oatmeal, (forgot to grab some protein)
snack......1 egg, slice lc cheese (had my protein albeit a little late)
lunch.......Louis Kemp seafood stuff, ff miracle whip, lettuce, 2 pc lc whole wheat bread
snack.....apple, 1 T peanut butter
dinner.......turkey,ff refried bean, salsa, ff sour cream, fahijata , lettuce

water so far.....8 Cups

angel-eyes
12-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Morning....

Breakfast......2 Special K ff waffles, 1/2 cup ff cottage cheese, cinnamon, 2 T ff lc smuckers psuedo syrup
snack....... apple, cheese string
lunch......2 whole wheat bread, ham, mustard, lettuce, tomatoe sandwich
fruit cup
dinner.........spinach, chicken breast, spag sauce, cheese (a la chicken parmigean)

water so far.......7 Cups and not quite lunch time yet.

happydaisy
12-01-2005, 12:54 PM
Breakfast: yogurt, piece of toast with 1 oz 2% cheese

Lunch: two pieces of pizza, one breadstick

snack: smoothie (one cup skim milk, soy powder, cup of strawberries)

Dinner: 3 oz. chicken (baked, no skin), green beans, strawberries

angel-eyes
12-01-2005, 01:01 PM
Happydaisy......yum, your smoothie sounds so good. I have some frozen fruit I can do that with. Are you a balanced oxidizer? I would need some kind of protein to add to mine though....

chick_in_the_hat
12-01-2005, 01:10 PM
soy powder should have protein

happydaisy
12-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Yep, I'm a balanced oxidizer, though I don't necessarily obsess about the ratios being perfect on a daily basis. I've just tried to add a lot more protein than I used to eat. Are you a balanced oxidizer too? With the soy powder there are almost 20 grams of protein in the smoothie.

happydaisy
12-01-2005, 10:46 PM
Posting tomorrow's menu because I have to be at work so very early: ;)

Breakfast: smoothie (skim milk, soy powder, yogurt, blackberries)

Lunch: south beach pizza, v8

dinner: oatmeal with skim milk, string cheese, apple

Snack: cottage cheese, almonds

angel-eyes
12-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Okay....here it is.....

Breakfast......2 whole wheat toast, pc of cheese, 1/4 chicken breast
snack.......apple, string cheese
Lunch......1 pam fried egg, added liquid egg whites, ff miracle whip
Dinner.......small portion of beef stroganoff (ww's recipie) steamed spinach

water so far .....5 cups....**need more**

Happydaisy.....How often do you add in more protein (as in powder)? Without too much techno detail.....what are the differences between soy protein and whey protein. I went to the drug store to check it out but found they don't sell it. I must try to find a GNC close by.

happydaisy
12-06-2005, 10:13 AM
Breakfast: black tea/apple/whole wheat toast/1 oz 2% cheese

Lunch: subway turkey/baked chips/diet coke

water so far: 64 oz.

angel eyes - honestly I don't have a great idea of the difference between soy and whey powder. I just have a brand of powder I like that happens to be soy. All I know for sure is that soy is of course supposed to be good for the heart and that whey is a cheap protein that used to be discarded but has recently been found to have some antioxidant (?) properties and to be a very well digested protein. So I think either/both would be fine.

caroldiem
12-11-2005, 12:36 AM
Hello All

I'm new here and i was hoping you could all help me. I have ordered Jillians new book from amazon, i'm in australia so i wont get it till after christmas. So i went into a bookstore today sat down and did the oxidiser test, and I am a balanced oxidiser, which makes prefect sense. Becasue i went on a diet where i had no carbs at all and i felt really ill, lost weight quickly but ofcourse its all back with me now.

I just want to know how do you all work out the amount of food and the percentages you eat in a day?

All yoru help would be greatly appreciated :^:

Thanks

cs

caroldiem
12-11-2005, 02:10 AM
Just discovered teh Fit Day journal via redaing the other posts on here. This seems like a good solution. I dont know how i am goign to cope with being organised though

chick_in_the_hat
12-11-2005, 01:20 PM
Just discovered teh Fit Day journal via redaing the other posts on here. This seems like a good solution. I dont know how i am goign to cope with being organised though
I use Fitday - I don't know how I would be able to keep track of the percentages without it. I am also a balanced oxidizer - I found that I was already pretty much eating according to the percentages except I had to bump up my protein intake a little, and knock out some carbs. Try logging everything for a week and look at how you come out - then swich things up accordingly.

angel-eyes
12-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Hi Caroldiem. :welcome3: I've only just discovered Fitday and I LOVE IT!! I'm a balanced oxidizer and the food part is....40% carb/30% protein/30%fat. With fitday it calculates everything out and puts it in to a great pie graph. I did Jillian's workouts and meal plans for almost a month without fitday and I lost weight, but guesstimated everything and I know I could have done better with the fitday site. In her book, she gives several formulas to find out how much your weekly intake of calories should be. Then you divide it out by 7 to get a daily total, all the while keeping the days intake a little bit higher or lower than the day before. I never really thought I could eat so much food and still lose, but I am!!! Bumping up my protein was another great idea. Good luck!!

caroldiem
12-12-2005, 04:15 AM
Hey guys

That is so amazing, thankyou all for the information. The major issue i am having with Fit Day at present is the food database, because i'm an aussie i can't seem to find any of the food i eat in the database. Any suggestions???

angel-eyes & chick in the hat you guys are doing so well, i have this fear i will lose 0, my problem is i always start but then give up becasue i tend to lose no weight its very disheartening, but i decided this time to just keep going, it would have to come off eventually right?

Thanks for yoru support so far :)

cs

kathyhegg
12-12-2005, 04:28 AM
Caroldiem, I've found the same thing. And I tried entering my cereal into it yesterday, and found it time consuming and annoying. So I'm simply entering everything into a calorie counter book, zigzaging my calorie intake each day. Mind you I'm only on day 2.

Kathy

happydaisy
12-12-2005, 04:32 PM
caroldiem - I hate fitday. :mad: I know lots of people on here like it and everything, but find it very user un-friendly. Just my humble opinion. I even bought the pay version and didn't like it. What I do love is dietpower. It's software and is about 50 dollars. It's available online and is so easy. Statistically we as individuals eat the same 20-30 foods over and over. So dietpower takes those foods and puts them at the top of your list. So, for example, when I put in "apple" if I've eaten raw apples it will come up at the top of my list instead of having to scroll through 5000 foods with the word apple in them. You can also add and customize foods and everything is convient to look at with tables/charts etc. Anyway, I love it. Fitday is a great resource, I just didn't have the patience for it. I figured with the money I was saving on quitting 7-11 alone I could afford dietpower. ;)

My intake today:

Breakfast: yogurt/raspberries

Lunch: Nachos (blue corn chips, 2% cheese, pinto beans, salsa)/grapes

Dinner: grilled chicken/green beans/skim milk

snack: cherries

chick_in_the_hat
12-12-2005, 10:27 PM
FitDay can be kinda user unfriendly...I happen to be in the software design industry..so I can think of a few fixes as I'm in there. I enter quite a few things as custom foods - they stay in the drop down list after I do that...the time consuming part is done once it's there...what can I say, it's free? ;)

chick_in_the_hat
12-12-2005, 10:28 PM
I figured with the money I was saving on quitting 7-11 alone I could afford dietpower. ;)

:) I like that 'tude, girl!

angel-eyes
12-12-2005, 11:20 PM
Same here chick....I use mostly the custom feature and then I just find it and its entered. I love it!! Can't say I know about dietpower, but whatever works as long as you use it.

Caroldiem.....try the custom feature. All you need is the food nutrient label on the food you are eating. I've even, added several together and combined them for a dish with several ingrediants. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

caroldiem
12-24-2005, 05:45 AM
Thanks for all your input. We have a diet here in australia called the CSIRO diet and the percentage of proten, fast and carbs is very close to what jillian has for a balanced oxidiser so i have decided to follow that diet plan and use jillians kick *** workout. This should start me shedding i havent lost a thing yet. Its liek my body doesnt want too, but then again i think what ruined my metabolism was this diet i did for 3 months where i didnt eat any carbs. It shot my metabolism, i lost 10kgs it was greta but it only lasted a week :(

Oh well i start right after xmas :)

angel-eyes
12-24-2005, 09:08 PM
Here's my journal for the day....Dec 24th

Breakfast: 2 special K 99%ff waffles, 1/2 C cottage cheese/cinnamon
snack: apple, mozz.cheese string, coffee
lunch: small chicken breast, cr.cheese and soy crisps, 1C strawberries
dinner: protein shake (carbcountdown/.5 powder) 1 C ww's crockpot lasagna (whole wheat pasta), pc bread/pat butter, brownie

1495 calories.......42%carb/30%protein/28% fat

happydaisy
12-26-2005, 12:17 PM
Getting back to it today:

Breakfast: 1 oz. peanuts/half cup pineapple

Lunch: Protein shake: whey powder/skim milk/berries/half banana

Dinner: lean cuisine pizza with 1 tbsp. parmesan/v8

Snack: cottage cheese/skim string cheese

Snack: yogurt

So far water is 60 oz. and I had a cup of tea

angel-eyes
12-26-2005, 12:53 PM
Nice to see you again Happydaisy!!! I know what you mean...."back at it".
I've been doing really well , my temptations are sweets and not so much chips etc. I've been allowing a small dessert square or a small pecan tart into my daily allowance. I've made it this far without a total scarfing of the entire tray!!! We had a nice baked ham yesterday with lots of veggies (spag. squash, gr.beans and carrots) mashed potatoes for the guys and white sauce for the ham (blech). I didn't even miss the potatoes!!! My total for the day was 1452 Calories, and I also made it out for a brisk 45 min walk.

Today I was up and went out to Target to get some of the half price decorations....what a zoo!!! Luckily I was home by 8:30am and managed to get a really good deal on a PC game for dh's birthday. It never stops I tell ya.....ds and dh bdays are only 1 month away!!!

angel-eyes
12-27-2005, 10:28 AM
How is everyone doing? Goodies all gone? Presents all put away? House back to normal yet? hehe...not for me anyways. I am excited though...the gym is open today!!! yeah!! I got a couple of good walks in but thats about it. The weather here today is CRAZY!!!....going to be a high of 60F!!!

Food journal for Monday Dec 26....
B: egg beater omlette, cheese slice, 3 sl shaved ham, protein shake (carb countdown)
S: apple
L: 1 C ww's lasagna, 2 tangerines
S: south beach granola bar, coffee
D: 2 pc french toast (egg beaters,cinnamon,2 lc whole wheat bread), low carb syrup, 3 sl turkey bacon

total cal: 1308 44% carb/30% protein/ 24% fat
45 minute walk/run

happydaisy
12-27-2005, 04:37 PM
Thanks Angel-eyes. :smug: Yep, my goodies are all gone. I took the leftovers to work to get them out of my house. Today's food is a little weird because I worked last night, so didn't get up and eat breakfast:

Lunch: lean pizza, blackberries

Snack: graham crackers

Dinner: veggie sandwich, skim milk, blueberries

80 oz water, 1 diet mountain dew

moonlightstar
12-27-2005, 07:36 PM
hello...I'm going to start very soon and I'd like help about the meals...I'm a balanced oxidizer. I understand it is 40 percent carbs/30 percent proteine and fat. Any suggestion? Recipies...thanks for the help.

angel-eyes
12-27-2005, 11:45 PM
Food journal for today:
Breakfast: 2 low cal whole wheat toast, pat butter, cheese slice, coffee
Snack: protein smoothie (carb countdown, protein powder, 1C peaches)
Lunch: 3 oz crabmeat, 1/4 cottage cheese, 1C lettuce, 1 T chili sauce
2 T cream cheese, 8 soy crisps
Snack: kit kat choc. bar (mini snack size)
Dinner: chicken breast, cheese slice, 1 T ff sourcream,carrots, green beans

total Calories: 1353 33%carb/35%protien/32% fat

Hi Moonlightstar!....my suggestion for you is to use a food journal site called Fitday. (there are also other sites) It is free and you just log on and enter your foods. They have pie charts to show you exactly your percentages. I am a balanced oxidizer also. I always always have some protein when I eat any type of carbohydrate. Jillian writes that it helps to slow down the absorption of carbs in your blood stream and therefore keeps your blood sugar levels even. I also find that eating smaller meals every 3-3.5 hours a good idea. Since using fitday, I find I am more 'carb' conscious and am finding more clever ways to use less and less carbs and more protein. Good luck!! I noticed from one of your posts that you are in Ottawa. I lived most of my life there before moving to the States 4 years ago. Small world, eh? I won't tell you that my temp's today was almost (freakishly) in the high 50"s.

moonlightstar
12-28-2005, 07:08 AM
angel eyes thanks for your help..i have a very hard time calculating and with this program there is lots of it. does it make sense that my AMR is 2209.75? How much points do you take off if you do the workout in the book for someone that is 195 lbs??? Any help???? I very appreciate....

angel-eyes
12-28-2005, 11:37 AM
Hi Morninglightstar. hmm, I worked your numbers but something doesn't make sense. Page 55 has 2 formula's that you might not have done correctly. You're BMR and daily activity level are important factors when calculating your AMR. The third part is the Excercise expenditure on pg 57. Did you do all of these?

The numbers based on what you just gave me (AMR=2209) come out to a weekly total of 15,463 calories. To lose 1 pound per week, your weekly total calories comes to 11,963 (15463-3500). You then divide by 7 and juggle some high and low days to come up with your daily caloric goal. (see pg 61) If I take another 3500 calories off of the 11963, your weekly caloric total is 8463 and that goes below her reccomended 1200 calories per day. So I'm not sure what other numbers you worked into the equation. Does this make sense?

moonlightstar
12-28-2005, 12:24 PM
i'm 195 lb, 5'3 and 31 years old i think the total for the bmr is 1372.71

daily activity level is a 1.2
exercise expenditure 562.50 jogging (they don't have elleptical trainer?). AMR 2209.75 I'd like to loose at least 2 pounds a day or more if i can....

think you can work those #'s again for me??? Thanks you so very much!!!

moonlightstar
12-28-2005, 01:39 PM
also not sure how much activity points to use if i do the workout in the book...i didn't add those either just hte jogging for the eleptical trainer....

angel-eyes
12-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Hi moonlightstar.....yup, just as I thought....you're numbers were off.
Your BMR is actually.... 1643.8 (not 1372) ....here's the equation to check your math.....
655+(4.3xwt195) + (4.7xheight63) - (4.7x age31)
So now?.....1643.8 x 1.2 daily activity= 1972.56
then........1972.56 + excercise expenditure 562.5= AMR 2535.06

Therefore......2535 x 7 days = 17,745 weekly caloric intake
17,745 - 7000 (2lb loss per week) = 10,745

Use the 10,745 to figure out your calories per day adjusting up and down for a varying caloric intake. TA DA!!! clear as mud right? RIGHT!!! PHEW...class is now done students!!! :D

moonlightstar
12-28-2005, 07:34 PM
thank you very much angel-eyes...just realised where i missed the boat!!! Now one last question...if i burn off more calories (since i got myself a heart monitor that actually calculates calories as well...) i use that # in the exercise expenditure? I am getting to excited to start...

angel-eyes
12-29-2005, 09:52 AM
Food journal for Dec 28th.....
Breakfast......toasted sandwich, cheese slice, 3 pc turkey bacon, coffee
Snack......protein shake (carb countdown, powder, strawberries)
Lunch......high fibre tortilla wrap, egg salad, lettuce, south beach granola bar
Snack.......soy crisps, 1T ff cream cheese, tangerine
Dinner......ham, cheese sandwich, ff pudding
Snack....(very snack-y).....1/2 C cereal,added fibre one, carb countdown milk

Total calories......1308 36%carb/33%protein/29%fat
gym workout....... 25 minutes weight training/45 minutes treadmill

happydaisy
12-29-2005, 09:08 PM
I've had a nasty stomach virus the last two days, so yesterday and today just jello and popsicles and a few saltines now. Hopefully back to normal tomorrow. :)

angel-eyes
12-31-2005, 09:01 AM
oh sorry....Happydaisy!! Definitely not nice. I hope you feel better soon. Take care :hug:

caroldiem
01-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Hi guys I really need some help. Currently reading Jillians book, I have worked out my AMR and it is 2030. Keep in mind i am very short only 148cm and i weigh 62kg, anyway so. So if i want to lose 2pounds a week i have to subtract a 1000 calories a day which would be 1030 calories but that is lower then 1200 calories. I'm stuck don't know what to do. I have been told the minimum calories anyone shoudl eat in a day is 1200 :(

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

caroldiem
01-06-2006, 06:55 PM
Oh i also forgot to say i am 26 yrs old. I have 4 months to lose 25 pounds. I hope i can do it

chick_in_the_hat
01-07-2006, 01:38 AM
When I did your BMR I came out with 1394.5. It might be a little off because of the conversion from metric but here are the numbers I used.
655 + 589.1 (4.3x137) + 272.6 (4.7x58) - 122.2 (4.7x26)

What did you use for your activity score? Also exercise expenditure?

Of course you can do it...come sweat with us!!

caroldiem
01-07-2006, 08:33 AM
Chick in the Hat thanks so much for your help. My activity score is 1.1 ( I have a office job) & I was a bit confused with the excercise expenditure so i gave myself about 494. I need help to work out how i can vary my calories on a day to day basis. Thanks for all yoru help i really appreciate it. I'm goign to start the excercise workout on Monday.I'll post everythign on a daily basis, to keep me in check and keep me motivated. Plus it will be great to get peoples advice on what i am doign right and what i am doing wrong :)

chick_in_the_hat
01-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Hmmmmm....I got the same numbers as you - I would not suggest consistently going below 1200 calories a day. Maybe go for a slower loss - if you plan for 1 1/2 lb a week I came out with 1421 cals a day average. If you bump up the exercise you might lose faster - but you don't really have so much to lose.

As for varying my calories I manage it without trying very hard - I end up going higher on weekends pretty much automatically. (Funny - I don't even have to try?) :lol: I log what I eat in Fitday - it is handy for the reports and being able to look back and see trends. (Also for keeping track of the protein/fat/carb percentages.)

IMO - 4 months to lose 25 lbs is doable - that's only .64 lbs a week. The only thing I might add about that is that sometimes the scale can be annoying when you are building muscle - the scale has a tendency to stop moving...but your measurements are changing. Can I be nosey and ask what happens in 4 months?

happydaisy
01-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Breakfast: blueberries, laughing cow soft light swiss wedge, wheat thins

Lunch: yogurt, banana, cherries

Snack: protein bar, pomegranate juice

Dinner: tortellini with tbsp. grated parmesan cheese, v8, salad

Water: so far 32 oz/diet coke/1 cup green tea

caroldiem
01-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Oh for sure chick in the hat. I am goign to Europe, it's my trip of a lifetime, spending almost 6 weeks there, and i just want to feel really fit and good about myself. I mean i want to walk around in jeans etc ( I can't wear them right now because they dont fit me and they look awful on me hehehe)
I know i'll get there, thanks for your help. I agree with you i won't eat under 1200 calories and i'm just goign to have to hope that excercise will burn it off. I'll be writing here daily and in the excercise journal, so you guys can help me i'm goign to need it to see where i am goign wrong.

chick_in_the_hat
01-07-2006, 08:38 PM
We're here for ya, girl!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Sounds like a neat trip - got room for me in your suitcase? ;)

caroldiem
01-09-2006, 05:01 AM
OK - I am a balanced oxidiser
Here it is Day 1 on the Jillian program
Breakfast - 45g of rolled oats with 25ml of lite milk
Lunch - Tuna sandwich on 2 slices og Burgen mixed grain bread 200g of Attiki yoghurt & a nectarine
Dinner - Beef stroganeff with low fat sour cream and i/2 a cup of rice
a handful of pumpkin seeds

1 diet coke can

and plenty of water

ok guys what do u think?

Thanks for all yoru support and encouragement i'll be back tomorrow

chick_in_the_hat
01-09-2006, 06:12 PM
Caroldiem - More fruits and veggies....does beef stroganoff have veggies in it? You could probably sneak some carrots and celery in...come to think of it - it sounds pretty tasty.... :D

caroldiem
01-10-2006, 06:34 AM
Hey guys
Your correct chick in the hat, but i must say the beef strog was very tasty.
Ok so today i had
Brekkie = 45g of rolled oats with 25ml of lite milk
Lunch = 2 slices of multigrain burgeb bread, 1 can of tuna, a tub of attiki yoghurt 200g and a nectarine

Dinner - 1 Lamb chop (small) with Salad and fetta cheese

Handful of pumpkin seeds :)

Is that better chick in the hat?

chick_in_the_hat
01-10-2006, 02:35 PM
:D salad....YAY!! I eat tons of salad...due to laziness I buy my baby greens by the pound bag....already washed! Otherwise never get around to making salads. I love feta cheese, too. Those Greeks know what they are doing... :)

bbbabe
01-14-2006, 06:41 PM
yikes i am a fast oxidizer whatthe heck do i eat !

SmartButt
01-14-2006, 08:26 PM
For some self-punishment type of reason I bought my BF a deep-fryer not that long ago. He makes sweet potato fries & chips a lot, and complained about the dangerous level of hot oil in the saute pan he used. He loves the deep fryer and invited a couple friends over today to make homemade corn dogs.

Jeezuz...let me tell you, I'm going to regret the day I bought that thing. Those homemade corn dogs were DELICIOUS. And, may I had, 300 calories EACH!

I was proud of myself though, I only had one, and even with the treats and side dishes, I'm still going to hit right at 1200 calories for the day. I think resisting temptations...or at least, learning how to portion them correctly to fit into my day... is getting easier. But, the deep fryer is going to be put way up high in the garage for now. As cookie monster would say, that's a "sometimes" food.

Thank you Jillian!

tyneebutt
01-16-2006, 05:42 PM
hello everyone,
Here is my intake for today.
1/2c. 1% milk, 1/2c. fibre one cereal, 1 lrg whole egg,1 lrg egg white
1 cup green tea
Lunch: 1/2can tuna with green onions and a small tomato
1tbsp flax oil, 1tbsp lemon juice
1.5cup cantaloupe
Snack:
1/2c. edamame pods, 1/2c. cantaloupe, green tea
Dinner:
4oz chicken breast in tomato sauce, 1/2cup brown rice, 1cup cauliflower
Snack: 1/4c. light ricotta w. splenda, 1c. frozen raspberries, 1 small carton danone yogurt

tyneebutt
01-17-2006, 03:34 PM
Hello Everyone,
I hope you are all having a great day :)
Do far , here is my menu:
breakfast: 1/2 c. eggwhites, 2/3c.dry oatmeal made in water, 1/4c. 1%milk, 1Tbsp. Flax oil, 1c. green tea with splenda
Lunch: 1/2can tuna in water, 3c. organic mixed greens, 1sm. tomato, 1 Danone yogurt (50cals), 1Tbsp. flax oil and 1Tbsp lemon juice.
snack: 1cup cauliflower w/ oregano and margarine spray, danone yogurt, 1c. green tea
dinner: 4oz. Chicken breast, 1/4c. tomato sauce, 1/5c. brown rice, 1/4Tbsp. Olive oil, 1 cup steamed brocolli.
snack: Kelly Mac Snack from Biggest Loser book (1tbsp dark choc, chips, 20 almonds, 2tbsp raisins) 1 cup decaf tea

SmartButt
01-17-2006, 06:03 PM
That's such a good idea to add the flax oil to the tuna! (I think that's what you're doing at least, by your post.) I keep trying to think of foods in which to add the flax oil I have, and that's a super idea! I found some tasty 50 calorie wraps at our grocery store and I think tuna would be great in them.

Yummy!

bbbabe
01-17-2006, 06:11 PM
I need to get my act together as far as eating.
tinybutt your menu sounds good what type of oxidizer are you?

tyneebutt
01-17-2006, 06:15 PM
Hey smartbutt,
You are definately right, I am adding it to the tuna. Sometimes I add it to my oatmeal in the morning. It has a nutty flavour, I have gotten used to it. But the wraps sound really good, can you post the brand, and hopefully I can find it here in Canada.

tyneebutt
01-17-2006, 06:19 PM
bbbabe,
I did the numbers and I was a bit confused. I posted my question to jillian in hopes of an answer. So for the time being I am eating as if I am a balanced oxidizer. I find my energy is consistent and I feel great - considering the workouts I am doing. I am just focusing now on balanced meals that include good fats and whole foods whenever possible. Lord knows, my body appreciates the extra fibre. ;) I make sure to count my calories too.

How about you bbbabe, what type of oxidiser are you?

bbbabe
01-17-2006, 06:22 PM
fast oxidizer i just dont know what to eat , like it says protein but dark meatand organ meats??? ewww i think i need to eat a protein with every meal and snack

i need to write up a menu

tyneebutt
01-17-2006, 06:29 PM
bbbabe,
I think babysteps is the key here. I would definately ensure there is some kind of lean protein source in all your meals. As for the dark/organ meats, I would eat them in moderation, and focus on nice lean ones. Fill up on fiberous veggies and when you do add a carb to your meals, make sure it is the most wholesome possible ( meaning, as close to natural as you can find). Right now what has helped me is to simply tell myself that today I will make HEALTHY choices. I also keep in mind, that If I simply MUST have something, I focus on healthy alternatives, or good ol' portion control. Little by little we will get this new way of eating.

bbbabe
01-17-2006, 06:35 PM
:hug: thanks tiny!

tyneebutt
01-17-2006, 06:44 PM
no prob babe!!
That is so why I love these boards. Whenever we need a helping hand or lifeline, here it is.

Enjoy your day!! :)

SmartButt
01-17-2006, 09:57 PM
Tynee - the brand is La Tortilla Factory (.com), you can put in a zip code and find out where they sell them in the u.s.... but not sure about Canada :(

bbbabe - I'm a fast oxidizer too. I wouldn't eat an organ meat if you paid me. Jillian mentions somewhere that those things are just general suggestions as the BEST way to eat. For you and I, the best thing is protein protein and protein. Find ways to add protein and reduce fats/bad carbs and you'll be fine. For instance, if you were to eat a skinless boneless chicken breast, baked, with some veggies... I don't think Jillian would bust down your door and yell at you for not eating liver and sardines. They key is doing what is right for YOU, and finding what you like within certain guidelines. The glycemic index has always confused me, so I just go with the basics of "avoid white rice, white flour, and sugar" and I make up my own menus based on the foods I like... making sure to stay within whatever calorie range I've set for myself.

Along the way, I've learned about new foods that I like. Imagine that, I'm 34 and I'm still discovering new foods I like! I ate lowfat string cheese for the first time in my life since starting this diet, and now I can't imagine not having it as a once-a-day snack! Full of protein.

There are some great recipe threads on 3FC and I'd look at the South Beach types of ideas, since they follow a fast-oxidizer plan. Note: not everyone understands the rules of South Beach, so if something sounds off to you (like if they suggest pork rinds or bacon), skip that recipe.

If I can be of any other menu-planning help, let me know! :)

bbbabe
01-18-2006, 09:32 AM
Thank you Smartbutt I donthtink I will be eating liver anytime soon :p

i will check out those threads

today i really tried to make my breakfast the right %'s but i didnt

i had oatmeal with splenda
4 egg whites with 1/4 cup of fat free cheese
too much carbs its more like 40 carbs 40 protein and 11 fat although that doesnt = 100

hmmm

so i think i will do what you said, do lean protien and veggies and limit the carbs

i think i can, i think i can , i think i can, i know i can , i know i can !

tyneebutt
01-18-2006, 11:57 AM
thank you for the tortilla brand Smartbutt. Atlthough they aren't available yet, I am sure they will come soon. :)
bbbbabe - you go girl you CAN do this!!

My menu today:
Breakfast:1/3c dry oats made in water, 1/4c. 1% milk, 1tsp. flax oil, 1/2c eggwhites, 1c. green tea.
Lunch: 1/2 can tuna, 3 cups organic spring mix, 1tbsp. flax oil, 1tbsp lemon juice, 1 danone yogurt
Snack: 1 cup edamame pods, 1/2cup cantaloupe with mint leaves.
Dinner: 5oz flank steak, 1/4c. dry couscous prepped in ff beef broth, 1 cup steamed brocolli
Snack: KellyMac Snack from biggest loser book

bbbabe
01-18-2006, 03:52 PM
what is an endamame pod and what does it tatse like? I am thinking green bean for some reason! :?:

tyneebutt
01-18-2006, 05:41 PM
hi bbbabe,
edamame pods are soya bean pods. They very much look like snowpea pods, but you don't eat the shells. In my case, I find them in the frozen veggie section, and they are really easy to prep. I just measure the amount I need, sprinkle with some salt, and microwave them for a minute or two. Easy and very balanced snack. I can't describe the taste, but when you heat them up they smell like tortilla chips to me. The help me get over my salty snack cravings. :)

tyneebutt
01-19-2006, 12:12 PM
Here is my menu for today:
breakfast: 1/2 c. eggwhites, 2/3c.dry oatmeal made in water, 1/4c. 1%milk, 1Tbsp. Flax oil, 1c. green tea with splenda
lunch: 1/4c. whole wheat couscous made in water, 3oz cooked chicken breast, 1c brocolli, 1/4c. red pepper, 1tbsp lite soy sauce
snack: 1 med. green apple, danone yogurt
dinner: 4oz pork tenderloin, 1/4c. dry cousous made in salt water, 1c. steamed brocolli
snack: danone yogurt, snack mix (20 almonds,2Tbsp raisins,1Tbsp dark choc. chips)

I had the yogurt because I was just EXTRA hungry tonite :)

tyneebutt
01-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Hello Everyone!!
Here is my meal plan for today:
Breakfast: 3 large eggwhites, 2 slices orowheat bread, 1Tbsp. sugarfree marmalade, coffee substitute
Lunch: 1/2can tuna salad, 1Tbsp. flax oil, 3cups organic greens,2 artichoke hearts (the ones that come in a can in water and salt), 1Tbsp lemon juice, danone yogurt.
Snack: danone yogurt, 1 cheesestring, green tea.
Dinner: Steamed scallops and shrimp, 1/2c blackbeans sauteed in onions and garlic, 1 cup cauliflower.

tyneebutt
01-23-2006, 11:46 AM
Hello Everyone, Here is my meals for today:
Breakfast: 3lrg eggwhites, 1 cheesestring, 2 slices Orowheat bread, 1 Tbsp reduced sugar apricot jam, Green/mint tea w. splenda
lunch: 1/2can tuna, 2cups greens, 1tbsp. sundried tomato & oregano dressing, 1/2 med. green apple, sugar-free jello cup.
snack: 1 danone yogurt,1 cheese string, tea
dinner: 1 lrg Orowheat tortilla, 2 tbsp salsa, 2tbsp light sour cream, 4oz cooked extra lean ground beef, 1/4c black beans