The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 10-29-2005, 12:47 PM   #1  
Puggy Balboa

Thumbs up Jillian's Girls Food Journals

As promised, here is our own food journal. You can take your entries right out of your own journals or visit here through the day just by editing your post and adding on meals/snacks. As those of you doing the program already know, Jillian's program is different. Instead of just marking down WHAT you're eating, you also asking yourself a series of questions and sub-questions beginning with the obvious: ARE YOU HUNGRY?

This one thing is what I REALLY need to stay focused on. It's too easy for me to mark the calories without questioning why I'm even eating, especially at night. I hope I'll have a few others joining me.

I will also be doing a "week in review" here when I complete a week, which is just will have all my calories eaten to show my fluctuations.

As Jillian states on page 16 of her book, "Write down not just what you eat every day but the emotional circumstances surrounding every meal and snack." It's not easy, but it could be the breakthrough a lot of us have been looking for!

Last edited by Looking4TheWayOut; 10-29-2005 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 10-29-2005, 12:48 PM   #2  
Puggy Balboa

Thumbs up Saturday the 29th's Food/Feelings

Breakfast: Two pieces of thin, light wheat toast with one pat of butter (extremely hungry, tummy actually hurting)

Lunch: egg fried in Pam on two thin, light wheat toast with 1 slice of cheese, reduced fat Devil Dog

Bad cravings after lunch, but still going strong!

Water thus far: 10

Last edited by Looking4TheWayOut; 10-29-2005 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Updating Menu
Old 10-29-2005, 01:15 PM   #3  
My Motivator = Jillian!

Breakfast: Koshi cereal ... 1 cup with sugar free skim milk (barely enough to cover the cereal) not very hungry and after reading 21 pages in Jillian's book last night (just got it yesterday) I'm still learning what it good to eat (good carb, bad carb) so bare with me!
Old 10-29-2005, 05:59 PM   #4  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Great idea..!!!

Breakfast...... 2 pc whole wheat low cal toast,smidge of butter, p.butter/jam,small pc of chicken breast

Lunch... healthy choice whole wheat bun, 1 sl.cheese,small chicken breast,miracle whip free, lettuce, light with fibre yogurt

snack.......apple,part.skim mozzerella stick,5 almonds

planned for dinner......1 pork sparerib, spoon size serving of mashed potatoes, salad with Hendricksons low cal dressing

water......8 glasses of water so far, with more to go.

Last edited by angel-eyes; 10-29-2005 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:57 PM   #5  

Breakfast: 1 cup of Special K, 1/2 cup of 2% milk, 1 fat free muffin
Lunch: 1 cup of tuna, 1 tbsp of FF mayo, 1 tbsp of relish, 2 thin slices of whole wheat bread.
Dinner: Chicken chimichanga.. oy chips and salsa
4 waters so far... need more water..
Old 10-30-2005, 01:55 AM   #6  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

ok, today based on balanced oxidizer

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, 3 slices bacon, 1 slice toasted rye bread
Lunch: Turkey and salad sandwich (soy & linseed bread), with dijon mustard
Planned Dinner: Roast lamb, baked sweet potato, sauteed cannellini beans with herbs
Planned Snack: a mango, half multigrain muffin with butter

Breakdown: 1566 calories (goal 1600) 30% fat, 42% carbs, 28% protein

Tomorrow I need to up my intake to 1700 - having some difficulty figuring it out i am always going too low.

thought i would edit and make some 'emotive' comments.

breakfast - was not hungry at all but OH was wanting breaky so i made it and had some too. felt good afterwards, knowing i had had a good breakfast. it was 9.30am mind you.

lunch - again made myself eat and i am still full (made lunch at 1pm and it is now 3.30pm). somehow i need to get in my snack but i am not hungry.

i know if i don't have the snack though, come dinner i will have two portions of lamb which is not good so i had better do it. i might save the mango for after dinner for dessert though.

i have literally spent the last 2 hours on fitday trying to plan tomorrows meals and have just figured it all out. i definately need things like nuts to up my fat intake as i don't like having butter on sandwiches and prefer lean sandwich meats. will post the plan for tomorrow next as i need your help ladies - tell me if its ok

argh - would be so much easier if i had a chef

Last edited by Daisy Boo; 10-30-2005 at 02:28 AM.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:38 AM   #7  
fat fighter

ok, here is the plan for tomorrow (monday). tell me what you think.

Breakfast: Toasted whole grain muffin with strawberries, low fat cream cheese and honey, a latte with low fat milk (357 cal)
Lunch: Turkey and salad sandwich with Dijon mustard (soy & linseed bread), 10 macadamia nuts (551)
Dinner: Lean sirloin steak with baked sweet potato and mixed salad with dressing (440)
Snack: Tuna on 3 soy & linseed crackers, 4 thin slices pineapple (300)

Total calories is 1648 (aiming for 1700) - 32% fat, 40% carbs, 27% protein.

Again, i would prefer to hold off the pineapple until after dinner to curb that wandering appetite i seem to have around dinner time. thats ok isn't it?

ok - confession time. i feel like having a bit of a vent today.

my habits and my relationship with food are bad - i tend to lean towards low fat foods but don't have much in quantity during the day. when it comes to dinner i usually have two helpings as this is when my appetite kicks in - the minute i get home from work. probably doesn't help that i usually make food from receipes that make 4-6 servings and don't cut it down to suit just the two of us.

the other issue i have is a bit of a fear of eating in front of people. i know it sounds stupid but again it stems back to when i was a teenager and had an eating problem. so lunch comes around at work and i would rather go and get something crappy and eat it in my car than at work where people come up and want to talk, etc. i suppose i had better just get over it and start eating like a normal person.

thanks for listening
Old 10-30-2005, 09:28 AM   #8  

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled, 2 biscuits, 1 1/2 turkey bacon 2 tsp of strawberry rhubarb jam (50 cals!)
Thoughts: I ate because I was hungry. I think by the time I finished off the last bit of my eggs I was just eating to clear my plate. It's awful but I kept sitting at the table to avoid an arguement with my husband. So it sort of left my options to: deal with him, or sit at the table and just finish my plate.

ALSO!! Don't forget to set your clocks back !!
Old 10-30-2005, 10:33 AM   #9  
soon to be goddess

Good Morning Jillian's girls. Ds was up very early this morning with a terrible croupy cough so breakfast was unusually early (yawn) what with him getting up and the clocks setting back one hour. I'll probably need a midmorning snack before church.....

Breakfast......1C miniwheats, skim milk, 1 poached egg
Snack.......wasa crisp cracker, smidge of butter, 1 slice of cheese
planned Lunch.......2 slices of whole wheat pizza(carb,protein,fat all in line)
planned snack.......apple, part.skim mozzerella cheese string
planned Dinner.......Beef Burgundy stew (ww's)

This is really helpful to plan my meals for the day. Usually I just 'wing it' and sometimes scramble to have a balanced meal. I have been doing ww's for the past 4 months, so I am really quick on the ww's and not so much on the 40/30/30. I know it will come though.

My frustration with eating comes at night, when dh starts snacking. He just made the 3 month mark with not smoking and night times are the killers for him. I try to go a little light on my meals so I can have a healthy (Jillian) snack. Sometimes, it's easier to block it out but man....the popcorn nights are wicked!!! Doing okay though.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:38 PM   #10  
Puggy Balboa

The boards aren't posting for me so I'm trying again:

Breakfast and Lunch: Yogurt, Donut, and Coffee
(I had to get up early and get out early because of groceries. I ate the yogurt before I left. The donut and coffee were when I returned home at around noon. I was hungry, but wanting the donut more than taking the time to prepare something healthy. I'm not stressed, things are good with the family so I'm not sure why I ate the donut. Healthy dinner is planned though)

2.5 waters so far
Old 10-31-2005, 06:34 AM   #11  
fat fighter

breakfast - multigrain muffin with cream cheese, strawberries and honey, coffee
lunch - salad and turkey sandwich
dinner - porterhouse steak with grilled sweet potato and a mixed salad
snacks - 4 macadamia nuts, sausage roll and party pie, 4 slices of pineapple

todays calories – 1691 (aiming for 1700)

we had a morning tea at work today for a birthday so i had a sausage roll and a party pie, once i knew how much calories/fat they contained and knew i could work it in my allowance for the day.

i was planning on some tuna with crackers for a snack, but wasn't overly hungry come the afternoon anyway. still have some pineapple to have for dessert.

i am finding that mixing fat, protein and carbs with each meal is a little difficult but am doing my best.

tomorrow is going to be interesting as we have a lunch for the melbourne cup so i have allowed what we are having for lunch which is bbq chicken and have planned the day. Allowance is 1600 calories, which i think i may come in at 1650.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:26 AM   #12  
Puggy Balboa

I am really sucking at this, but today's my birthday so I will begin full swing with this tomorrow. Witch's honor!
Old 10-31-2005, 01:05 PM   #13  
soon to be goddess

Hi .....
Today so far....
Breakfast......1 C oatmeal with 1/2 C blueberries (stove kind), 1 poached egg
Snack.......apple and 1T peanut butter
Lunch.......3oz of tuna, fat free miracle whip, 1 whole wheat tortilla wrap,handful of grapes
Planned Dinner........egg,spinach and feta cheese strata (yumm)

Already guzzled 6 glasses of water....**help...I'm floating away!!

Looking4theway.....Happy Birthday!! Don't give up the ghost. Hang in there.

Last edited by angel-eyes; 10-31-2005 at 02:53 PM.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:07 PM   #14  

I'm celebrating Emma's birthday obviously.. I'm not ready to talk about how I've been eating..

Exercise is fine, but I've been eating FOR NO REASON! Like just.. stuffing it.. its horrible. My son is sick, and its Halloween... and while I have been sort of mindless I did cut my food in half tonight. Brought myself back to reality sort of.

My calories added up today are 1500 and I was only supposed to be like 1200 today.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:29 AM   #15  

You guys are so awesome with your foods.

I've been staying in track with my calories except today esp. with all the candy brought home. Thankfully they are just the fun size ones

I don't know about you but I am starving! All the time, even after eating. I thinks that's why I ate the candy. Most of my days are within my balance, so not sure what's going on. I could a house right now and then some.