Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #116

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #116

gma22
10-27-2005, 08:22 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today

gma22
10-27-2005, 08:41 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so let's make time for ourselves today and do something special!

Good morning gals! I am really still struggling with getting back on track like I was 2 years ago and can't figure out why. I start out well then get hungry and eat eat eat! I am going to do this and get this weight off so I have to focus more I guess. I need to knit more so my hands are too busy to pick up food I guess!

Susan :bravo:
Amanda :cp: :cp: :cp:

Carri: I agree with you that the holidays should be a time we should enjoy ourselves. We just need to stop and think about 1 piece of pie instead of 3 and maybe a little less gravy on those tatos, breast meat turkey instead of dark meat, etc and we can still enjoy and not have 3000 calories at days end. I have to be careful at Thanksgiving because of all the eating out we do. I know you live south, but have you ever been to Middlebury to Das Essenhaus? This is the one place we always go to when we go up there and unfortunately it is all you can eat family style stuff. Yummy Amish food and the pies are to die for. We go there with our friends when we go to Indiana and that is a sure 1-2 lb gainer! :lol:

Amanda: Glad you are finally on the mend. Make Nigel keep his head out the window for a week so he doesn't reinfect you! :lol:

I have a funny to tell you. My dd put together a wish list of stuff for Thomas for Christmas at Amazon.com and she e-mails the link to anybody who buys for him so they have ideas if they don't know what to get him. I made a list of stuff from that list we were going to buy him and I e-mailed it to her. Two of the items were bongo drums and a video game that went with it for the Nintendo gamecube, which he is getting for Christmas. Since we do Christmas Eve with them and he wouldn't understand getting games when he had no machine to play it on, I told her I would give her the packages and she could just put them under the tree from Nonny and Granddad and tell Thomas Santa brought them from Nonny and Granddad on Christmas day. Well, she forwarded my e-mail to her dh to ask him about what he thought we should do with regards to the gamecube stuff and told him that she had told me NOT to get the BOGGLE game I had on the list because she thought he already had it. My sil is a man of few words, but great wit. He e-mailed her back (which she forwarded to me) and this is what it said: "I don't think he has Boggle. Isn't it a little hard to play if you can't read?" :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh my gosh, I am still chuckling over that one. I actually didn't know the game had to do with spelling words, but it is still funny thinking about poor little Thomas trying to play a spelling game when he can't read yet! :lol:

Have a good day gals and stay OP today!

Faye :D

Mirabelly
10-27-2005, 12:51 PM
Afternoon everyone!

4 points for me yesterday... :carrot:

Just got back from the gym and a nice long sweat in the sauna. And found a nice check in the mailbox for an article I wrote back in the summer. I've been published in a lot of magazines, but this one is the first you can actually buy at the grocery store! If you all want to read it, it's in Low Carb Energy Magazine, the Nov/Dec issue that just came out. My article is on whole grain labeling...but the whole magazine has lots of great "smart carb" recipes.

Well, I have tons to do today--so everyone stay OP and enjoy the weather. It's our first relatively sunny day in weeks! Though we had a major freeze last night.

TTFN,
Julie

Amanda Panda
10-27-2005, 03:03 PM
Hello all,

I got 3 points again yesterday! At the moment, it's a real act of discipline to stay OP as I am so used to just having whatever I fancy (within reason!). I had fallen into this trap of thinking I could get away with eating anything because I am exercising so much, and that was true to some extent but couldn't go on forever. It's the end of October soon and I've basically put on 2lb!! :o I'm really happy that I am back on track now and as soon as I get back down the gym I am sure the weight will start shifting.

FAYE - Yes, it's hard to get back into the swing of a diet to begin with. I don't think you should let yourself get hungry - as you've said, it leads to you overeating. I would never stick to a diet if I had to feel hungry - there is no need to! Make sure you are eating at regular times and include wholegrains. For snacks I have fruit, wholegrain toast or cereal with skimmed milk. I used to play Boggle as a child - that shows how old that game is! No I don't think Thomas would quite appreciate it yet! Faye, you mentioned you was having trouble with your ticker - what is the problem?

JULIE - Glad you have settled back into your gym workouts. You'll be at 199 in no time!

Love Amanda x

QuilterInVA
10-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Congratulations, Julie - I'll look for the magazine and read your article. I'm always looking for good carb recipes.

Faye, I know you'll manage to conqueor this demon. I think, and I speak for myself only, we get complacent and bored with the same old food program. Maybe shaking it up and trying something different for awhile would help get you excited and motivated again.

gma22
10-28-2005, 08:27 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friday Food Day. On the off weigh in weeks, let's help each other out by providing recipes or food that helps us to lose weight but eat well.

Amanda :cp:
Julie :bravo:

I have started online Christmas shopping and it is so much fun. I want to get leather gloves for everyone for Christmas and am having a tough time getting colored gloves for my dil and dd, but I found a new handbag...Bad Faye bad bad Faye! :lol: I found an adorable suede coat for my grandson at Wilson's leather I might buy him. It is on sale! In fact, they are having a buy one get one half off on their assessories so I may be able to get the kids all their gloves and get two of them half off. I bought my dil two sweaters a beautiful watch, a handbag and her gloves. I also made her the scarf and bought her these lovely gold colored candlesticks, votice cups and candles so she is all set. My son got his scarf, gloves and a big :censored: new external hard drive for his computer. I have my grandson's list of stuff but haven't started shopping for sil (though I have a list of stuff to get him) and haven't decided what to get my dd yet. She peeks in and reads so I can't say! My dh wants some goofy thing for his computer so he is just going to buy that besides we are spending a bunch of money on the house after Christmas so we aren't really buying for each other. I always get my sil's parents a gift as they always do us. I don't buy for my sisters and brothers etc except my older sister, whose birthday is the day after Christmas. It just gets to be too much money for people and we never get together at Christmas anyway. We get together at Thanksgiving. I think maybe I will have a kids and an adults raffle this year as that would be fun, though.

Well, I need to get the vacuum upstairs as that is the cleaning chore for today. Besides, my feet are cold so I need warmer jammies and some socks on!

Lowfat potato soup:

4 large potatoes, cut up
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon margarine
1 large carton ff chicken broth
4 cans ff evaporated milk
salt and pepper to taste

peel and cut up onions and potatoes. Melt margarine in pot and cook onions just slightly translucent, not browned, add potatoes and pour in just enough chicken stock to cover the vegetables with 1 cup of water. Cook for 20 minutes, add all cans of evap milk and cook for another 10 minutes or so
Serves 4 (add a nice salad and some crusty bread for a great easy dinner)
**You can tweak this by adding a little parsley, grated cheese, bacon bits etc if you want to **

Faye :)

Mirabelly
10-28-2005, 01:34 PM
4 points again yesterday! Woo hooo...

Went ice skating for over an hour today with a friend. We had so much fun, I think I'll do it every Friday... my legs are sooooo tired!!

My recipe is a cold lentil salad that I love:

bunch o' lentils
bunch o' barley
some celery
some onion
some cucumber
some olives, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, if you like them.

Mix em all up and pour some vinegar/oil/garlic/thyme/salt/pepper dressing on it and refrigerate. Yummmy! Oh, and sometimes I sprinkle some feta cheese on top.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Julie

Amanda Panda
10-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Hello,

I got just the 1 point for water yesterday - but I only went slightly over my calories so I'm not worried. I am pleased to report that I went to the gym today - hurrah! :carrot: :dance: :goodvibes I'd had a whole week off, but I was ready to get back in there today. I just took it gently and did 45 mins cardio, but at a relatively easy pace. It feels great to be back - I really missed it and now that I am back I feel I am back OP 100% and can get on with my Christmas goal!

Thanks for the soup recipe Faye - I am on the lookout for quick and easy vegetarian soup recipes (I can use yours and use veg stock instead of chicken) as I often have soup for lunch in the winter months. I am using tinned soups at the moment, but they contain alot of sugar and salt so am thinking of trying to make my own. Soups are great - so low calorie and really warm and comforting - can you tell I've just had some? Cream of mushroom - yummy! :T

Another of my favourite winter recipes is good old sausage and mash - I use low fat veggie sausages and low fat margarine in the mash, so it's not that calorific. I always add garlic and black pepper to the mash too, but then I add them to most things! Serve with lots of veg and it makes me feel all warm and good inside! Whoever came up with the bright idea that potatoes are fattening needs their head testing - they are only fattening if you roast them in fat, not if you boil, bake or mash them! I just can't be doing with this low carb stuff - even more so now winter is here and I want filling, comforting and healthy food.

I'll pop in over the weekend Faye!

Love Amanda x

gma22
10-29-2005, 07:03 AM
Amanda :flow2:

Good morning gals! Hope you are having a great Saturday. I am up ordering Christmas presents online this morning while Jack snoozes. I don't think he came to bed until around 3 AM! He sat downstairs and watched movies and then came upstairs to his office and played games I think. I fell asleep with the tv on and woke up enough to shut it off. I think Star Trek was on.

I finished up knitting my sil's scarf last night so I am making progress on that front. I may get all these gifts finished yet! :lol:

I am still not doing well foodwise and still can't walk with this stupid knee but you know me, I am not one to give up on it all.

Amanda, if you peek in HELLO! Ok, I have a burning ? for you. Do you know where the expression quid came from for your pound? I watch a lot of Brit tv and it always makes me wonder when I hear it.

Have a good weekend girls!

Faye ;)

Mirabelly
10-29-2005, 10:07 AM
Hi Faye & Amanda....I'm here on a Saturday!

4 points for yesterday! Feeling like CRAP today, though. Achy, headache, stuffy, upset stomach....didn't sleep at all last night. Oh well, at least I don't feel like eating ;)

Have a great day everyone,
Julie

Amanda Panda
10-29-2005, 12:23 PM
Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday - yay me! :cheer: :cb: :cheer: :cb: I felt pretty wiped out after my gym visit yesterday, so I am having an rest day today and then will go again tomorrow. I popped into town today to buy some new headphones for the gym and it was soooooooo busy - I didn't realise people started their Christmas shopping this early! I'm definately taking Faye's lead and getting what I can off the internet - although I don't have a credit card which limits where I can go. I am certainly going to look for ideas anyway.

JULIE - Lovely to see you here on the weekend - but sorry you are ill :barf:. Hope you didn't catch it from me! I have never roller or ice skated in my entire life! It looks fun but I am the sort of person who always falls over and has a terrible sense of balance. However, since I have been working out at the gym and doing alot of 'core stability' exercises, I do feel my core strength and balance has improved - I am going to test it out this winter when it snows! Hope you are feeling better soon and it's just a 24 hour bug.

FAYE - I don't know where the word quid originates from, but I will look into it. Alot of our slang words come from cockney rhyming slang.

Have a lovely weekend

Love Amanda x

gma22
10-30-2005, 09:37 AM
Amanda :bravo:

Julie: You feel better soon! We are thinking of you!

Amanda: I looked up quid on the internet and mistakenly looked at British slang and boyo what a bunch of dirty stuff is associated with that word! :lol: I love buying online and rarely do I have to return it!

We had a good time at the party though we sat by ourselves and just visited off and on with dd as we were so much older and didn't know the other people who all kind of huddled together. Gone are the days of feeling awkward over sitting by yourselves. We visited and had fun with Thomas and ate some food (I didn't eat very much though) I dressed up as Maxine (the old lady on the Hallmark cards) and that was fun. Jack dressed up and went as an Indiana University fan (he has practically everything by IU undies! :lol: ) It was a good time all around. There were LOTS of kids and several babies and one of the couples dressed up their little 4 month old as a scarecrow and he was sooooo adorable.

Today is NASCAR race day so I will probably be doing a lot of knitting so I can't eat! lol

Have a good day gals!

gma22
10-31-2005, 07:49 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is cleaning out those cabinets of foods we cannot control. Let's all try and get our food cabinets and fridges under control!

Good morning gals! It has warmed up a bit today and should be nice for the kids to trick or treat. We always go to dd's and hand out candy while Thomas trick or treats and have dinner with them. Unfortunately, his dad has a college class and can't go with him tonight. I will try and get a pic or two of him if I remember the darn camera.

I am a little under the weather again, {{{{sigh}}}} as I am having a lot of allergy or cold problems and then TOM, which I haven't had for like 3 months. Feel kind of crappy today, but I have chores to do, cleaning to do and I am washing curtains that get a build up of smoke on them from candles so I guess I better hop to it.

You ladies have a great day and I wil peek in later.

Amanda Panda
10-31-2005, 10:16 AM
hello there folks,

I got 3 points for both Sat and Sun - I am pleased to report that I managed to stay OP with my food for 6 days out of 7 last week. This is great as I haven't managed that for MONTHS! I do feel that my Christmas goal is really motivating me, which is just what I need after months of being slack. I was at the gym by 11am today as I was meeting my friend there - I am still not 100% back to full health and fitness, but I am getting there.

FAYE - Sorry you are struggling with your health so much at the moment - hope you turn a corner soon. I looked up the meaning of the word 'quid' too, other than the Latin 'quid pro quo', they are not really sure are they? I dread to think what you saw on those slang sites - they must have included alot of swear words, but alot of our slang isn't swearing - honest!

Hello to Julie, Susan and Carri

Love Amanda x

QuilterInVA
10-31-2005, 10:42 AM
Congratulations, Amanda - keep it up!

Hope all the sick ones are feeling bettr.

Had a bad weekend with eating but back on track today. It has turned cold so it's getting harder for me to walk because the cold air makes my asthma flare up. Time to get the videos out and figure out some winter exercise.

Mirabelly
10-31-2005, 03:53 PM
Okay, I haven't had any Halloween candy until today :carrot: I swear at least half of this weight I need to lose came from "FAT FREE" candy corn I used to scarf down by the bagful...."but it's fat free....it can't be bad!" :dizzy: WHAT WAS I THINKING?????

So I bought some little tiny taffies to hand out (we hardly have any kids come over, and we're out with ours anyway)...they're only about 10 calories each. I figured, I KNOW I'm going to eat some...but I have to eat ALOT to really do any damage. Wouldn't you know it, they are addictive little suckers :devil: and now I have some kind of funky chemical buzz going on. Feels like I have an electric current running through my head :lol:

Anyway, planning on pizza and some chocolate tonight, and then back to the workouts tomorrow. I feel much better for all the rest I got yesterday! My 10 y.o. made me some awesome chicken soup and tea for dinner. I just love that they can cook now!

Everyone have fun and stay safe....

Julie

gma22
11-01-2005, 06:50 AM
TUESDAY: Today is target Tuesday and our target this week is....you guessed it CANDY! Let's really try hard to keep our hands out of the kids tricks or treats AND the leftovers from handouts.

Amand :cp: :cp: and an extra :high: for being OP most of the week! CONGRATS!

Julie: You are doomed anyway you look at it unless you have ff and sugar free candy and that stuff is NASTY! :lol: Just pick yourself up and get some exercise and it will be fine.

Amanda: The slang was mostly sex terms! :lol: I saw something that referred to something to do with money but who knows? Do you ever watch Cash in the Attic? I just wondered if you have hidden treasures like they all do? There is no way I would make much money at an auction with the stuff I have in MY house. Maybe Brits tend to hoard more as they all seem to have stuff that is worth lots of money hidden all over their houses! :lol:

Here is my little "undead" guy! Have a great day!

Faye

Mirabelly
11-01-2005, 03:14 PM
Ugh! I'm on a serious sugar hangover plus TOM....blech. Soup for dinner....

Hope everyone is doing well today.
Julie

QuilterInVA
11-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Faye, Thomas is adorable! Hope he got lots of candy. I had a good time handing it out. We had about 25 kids - a lot for our neighborhood - so I didn't have much left over. Hooray!

4 points for yesterday.

gma22
11-02-2005, 08:11 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes so you can gripe today ladies. Our weight loss woe is why do they have "spindles" at ballparks, subways, etc?

Today's woe is kind of humerous, but it still is embarrassing if it is hard to get through them. My personal woe is my allergies. My eyes are so swollen this morning I can hardly see out of them and I TOOK meds last night. Guess I am going to have to talk to the dr again, {{{SIGH}}}

Susan :bravo:

I have finished two more scarfs! Yippeee! Now all I have to do is buy yarn for dd's scarf and hat and get it made and maybe T's mittens. They turned out pretty well too so I am pleased with that. I knitted pretty much all weekend to get them done. I ran into one snag, but when the scarf was finished you couldn't really tell. I had to buy another skein and it wasn't the same weight somehow. I looked at everything on both paper sleeves and they matched, but one skein was thinner and I could tell. When I finished it though, it all blended in and you couldn't tell at all.

Well I have things to get done today so better get to them

Satine
11-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Afternoon Girls ...Oh I had such a bad weekend, I ate and ate and ate and ate ... :lol: I didnt actually stop until Halloween, well the next day, yesterday...on Halloween I had pizza and tons of candy :carrot: Yeah so yesterday went I went back OP it was a rude awakening as you can imagine...I am so hungry today!!!

I would say that my Weds woe is that I have only had 1 out of 4 TOMs and I am quite worried, I have an appt with my gyno but she cannot get me in until Dec 1st...ever since I was in my teens I have skipped one here and there but not like this ... this being in your 30's sucks... ha ha ;)

Also my weight loss woe is why when you get back on track is there always something that comes around and gets you back off program, like a holiday, party, someone's birthday ... I was doing well until my Mom's 50th and of course I had to have cake and 3 grilled hot dogs ...oh well she only turns 50 once!!

Also all please keep my Dad in your prayers, he works at Delphi in Kokomo, IN and they have just filed bankruptcy, rumor is that they are going to close the Kokomo plant and he will lose his job. He has worked there for 22 years.
I just pray they either keep the plant open or he can find another job easily.

Faye - My Grandma always makes me the nicest scarfs for winter ... I wish I had the patience to do those things... I usually get a headache from looking at it and concentrating too hard. :)

Julie - I too am coming down from sugar withdrawal ... we will make it !!!

Amanda - Hope you are doing well !!

Susan - Hi !!!!

Have a good day everyone!!!

QuilterInVA
11-02-2005, 01:27 PM
Carri, we have to learn to celebrate without food being the focal point or we will continue to have problems. Every time, and I am also guilty of this, we eat inappropriately we are delaying the day we reach out goal. Junk food doesn't have a place in my house anymore. I've even got my husband to snack on fruit these days. Planning for special occasions before the happen can help you stay on program. I am not looking to lose a great deal over the holidays, but it will be a pound or two and I will not gain. I am determined and let good companionship be the reason for the gathering, not what I'll be eating. I find if I eat a good mix of fruit, veggies, complex cards and dairy I am not hungry all the time. Carbs leave me starving.

Barbie Boo
11-02-2005, 02:09 PM
You sound like a fine bunch of friends who could help a poor drifter like me.
I've been struggling with this most of my life. I've lost the same 20 to 50 lbs over and over again. Now, though, the weight is starting to affect my health. I need some help. Do any of you follow a certain diet? I've tried South Beach with some luck. I'm dreading the holidays. That's just not right, is it? :( Well, I'm just rambling on here. I'm not sure of the etiquette - is it all right to just butt in? I'm really attracted to your little group. You have some big successes. I want to know how. I'm a quilter & planning on a trip to Shipshewana (sp?) Saturday - so I have some things besides fat in common with some of you.

gma22
11-02-2005, 03:16 PM
Barbie, darlin' you are more than welcome here! We love new ladies to join us. Do you live in Indiana (Shipshewana reference) ?? Carri lives in Carmel and I grew up in South Bend area so you are among home bodies sort of if you are from Indiana. We have a lady who lives in England, one from Yorktown VA, one lives in Maine, who am I missing???? I am one of the older ladies, I have two grown children and a grandson, who is 5. I am a stay at homer and as you can see am a knitter. I also LOVE to read and do that frequently as well. My hubby and I have been married 33 years on the 18th of this month and he is the true light of my life. Any many that thinks a woman over 300 lbs is sexy and beautiful is ok in my book! :lol: :lol: I am on a fat/cal counting and some of us are on WW I believe.

Carri: I wish new mothers would learn to teach their kids NOT to celebrate with food, but it is deeply inbedded in our society all over the world. The most we can hope for is to learn how to deal with celebrations that have food. You will bounce back like you always do!

Susan: How is that hubby of yours doing? Are you guys staying home for Thanksgiving? I didn't know whether you visited relatives or not during the holidays.

Amanda: Where are you sweety??

Julie: Snow yet???? I have a friend on another thread who lives in MASS and they got a pretty good snowstorm last weekend. It is in the 70's here today and just beautiful. I should have gotten out on the deck and blown leaves but I didn't.

Well girls, I best go put clothes away before Jack gets home than it is to the grocery store for me tonight.

QuilterInVA
11-02-2005, 04:14 PM
Faye, we'll be staying home for the holidays this year. DH is doing a little better but not up to travel. We'll be sharing with friends.

Barbie, glad to have you join us. I'm a quilter. Love to do hand applique and hand quilting, although I do machine piecing and a little machine quilting. Currently working on a Dear Jane quilt.

gma22
11-03-2005, 03:33 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so be sure and take just a little time for yourself today!

The stupid bold key, colors etc aren't working this morning so our lead in is in plain ole black and white. I keep getting an error on the page and I know it isn't my computer because I am not having trouble on other sites.

Yes, I know it is the middle of the night, but I woke up with hot flashes and couldn't go back to sleep so came downstairs to do some bill paying on the computer and found part of the living room ceiling all over the floor. We have had trouble with water leaking around the bathtub faucet spout and have patched it before, but I guess we have to go back and try again. What a mess it was.

I will check back later this morning gals as I might be sleeping in just a bit!

Faye

Barbie Boo
11-03-2005, 11:48 AM
HI Faye - I live in SW Michigan - very close to Indiana. I mentioned Shipshewana because someone else mentioned Middlebury which is right next door. I figure you and I are about the same age. I've been divorced for about 30 years and am living with my sister. We get along great & have a good time together. Unfortunately, sometimes it revolves around eating. Sorry to hear about your water problems - been there, done that.

Hi Susan - another quilter. Great. I machine piece, and hand quilt. I'm not familiar with a Dear Jane Quilt - What's that? You've lost 200 Lbs on WW? Have you learned a secret? Do you still go to meetings? Is the new program good? I'd love to hear what you think.

gma22
11-03-2005, 12:36 PM
Barbie: Well, if you live in SW Michigan than you probably know where my old stomping grounds are. I was probably the one to mention Middlebury because when we go up to visit a couple who are close friends of ours get together with us and we go to Das Essenhaus. I know bad bad bad, but what pies! lol Yep, looks like we are about the same age. I turned 52 in Sept. I have been an AARPer for 2 years now! lol It is nice to have you here.
I think I would have to kill myself if I had to live with either of my sisters. Especially the older one, who is 9 years older and always treated the rest of us like she was our mother or something. Did you know, I am coming to Indiana for Thanksgiving this year? My son, older sister, and friends live up there and most of the family (except my younger sister and her family who all live in CA) have Thanksgiving together. My dd and sil can't come though so I don't get to spend it with Thomas ever. Because my son and dil don't have kids yet, we spend Thanksgiving with them and Christmas Eve with dd and sil and grandson. When Jay has kids than we will work out going back and forth between the two of them for Christmas.

Everyone else, hope the day is going well for you. I am messing around on the computer when I should be upstairs doing the cleaning for today, but I still have time. Since Jack and I got up so early this morning, I am kind of pooped as I only stayed in bed until 6 am, but for now I am ok. I figure around two I will be pooped and snooze in the recliner.

I hear the toilets calling...{{{come clean me, come clean me}}} so I guess I better heed the call!

Faye

QuilterInVA
11-03-2005, 04:20 PM
Barbie, Dear Jane is a sampler quilt from the Civil War. It is 4-1/2 inch blocks - 169 of them - with a scalloped border made of cones - all different. The blocks range from easy to complex. There is a book about it. Jane made the quilt waiting for her husband to return. I have used only scraps and muslin. Much of it people gave me or I scrounged out of wastebaskets after a quilting class so I consider this to be a free quilt. I also took a class called Jane was Nuts and have made another 109 blocks from that so my quilt will be king size and have nearly 500 different blocks, counting the border. I've finished with the blocks and am on the boder now. It has been challenging. I love a challenge. I belong to a guild, do you?

I lost my weight weight WW and the new core program rocks! My secret - be willing to learn to eat new foods, stop eating the junk and get healthy. This is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. I've had it off for many years now, with the exception of one big 40 pound gain when I developed some health problems and quit smoking. Got that off too.

gma22
11-04-2005, 06:22 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Today is weigh in girls! Anyone lose some lbs these last two weeks?

I still can't get my colors, smileys and such to work. Don't know what is wrong with it.

This is going to be short and sweet this morning. I have been sick all night and I hope to feel better later this morning. You gals take care and if I can't get back in here, have a fabo weekend!

Faye

QuilterInVA
11-04-2005, 08:24 AM
Faye, hope you are feeling better! No fun being sick.

I've stayed the same for the past 2 weeks so that is a minor victory - I could have gained. Need to get 3 pounds off before I go to the doctor 2 weeks from today - probably not going to happen but I'm still going to try. I think my Levoxyl needs to be up again. All the symptoms are back and I'm tired all the time.

Planning on cleaning out the cupboards and washing down the walls in the kitchen this weekend - that should equate to plenty of exercise.

4 points yesterday.

gma22
11-04-2005, 11:55 AM
I am feeling much better. Icky tummy all gone. Probably just mucus in the stomach from allergies that gave me an upset stomach. Glad I feel better!

Susan 4pts

I still can't get my smilesy and whatnot to work. Anybody have any ideas about what could be wrong?

Just wanted to pop in and say I am feeling better. I have vacuuming to get to so better do it.

Faye

Amanda Panda
11-04-2005, 02:15 PM
Hello folks,

Sorry I've not been around - we are having major computer problems (graphics card) and I've just not been able to post. We got a new card in the post today, but it is the wrong one so we have to send it back then wait for a new one to be delivered - what a pain! So if I go missing again over the next week, you'll know why!

I've been doing really well - 4 points on Weds and Thurs. I had my hair cut and coloured today as a treat for losing 50lb - it looks nice. My hair is medium brown, but I've had it coloured a rich dark brown, I'm really pleased with it. I'll try to post a picture over the weekend - it depends on what sort of mood Nigel is in as he has to do it for me!

POUNDS DOWN FRIDAY - I lost 2lb, which basically brings me back in line with where my tracker is, but nothing to add to my Christmas goal yet! I think I would have lost more if I hadn't had that darn pizza, but it's too late now! I did a cardio & weights programme at the gym on Weds and Thurs, and boy am I aching today - everything feels really firm and tight which is great, but I am soooo stiff! I am hoping for a big loss in the next fortnight as long as I stay away from the pizza's! ;)

WELCOME BARBIE!! - Cool name, but I am biased as it is my sis's name! I am Amanda and am 32 years old. I live in Sheffield, which is in the North of England. I am currently not working due to ill health (depression), but am feeling better all the time and am enjoying going to the gym 6 days a week and attending a part time IT course. You are most welcome here!

FAYE - Glad you are feeling better today! No, I haven't got any antiques stashed away - nor have my family unfortunately!

Hi to Carri, Julie and Susan

Love Amanda x

QuilterInVA
11-04-2005, 02:20 PM
I thinks its a conspiracy - we've had nothing but computer problems today and I can't find anybody who can help with them - email works fine unless it has an attachment, then it gets a not transport error - only sometimes is has actually been delivered because the person calls and says he got it. Then at lunch time the scanner died. Called the computer people that host the website for our email - they'll get back to me. Called local folks and they had a family emergency and had to leave. It's 78 degrees today and I'm the only one here. I'm about ready to put the phone on auto attendant and leave...except I'm supposed to be here until 4:30 so for sure the boss will call at 4:29. Got so frustrated I ate a bag of fritos (small individual size) for lunch. Like that really helped a lot. I HATE COMPUTERS!

QuilterInVA
11-04-2005, 02:27 PM
I thinks its a conspiracy - we've had nothing but computer problems today and I can't find anybody who can help with them - email works fine unless it has an attachment, then it gets a not transport error - only sometimes is has actually been delivered because the person calls and says he got it. Then at lunch time the scanner died. Called the computer people that host the website for our email - they'll get back to me. Called local folks and they had a family emergency and had to leave. It's 78 degrees today and I'm the only one here. I'm about ready to put the phone on auto attendant and leave...except I'm supposed to be here until 4:30 so for sure the boss will call at 4:29. Got so frustrated I ate a bag of fritos (small individual size) for lunch. Like that really helped a lot. I HATE COMPUTERS!

gma22
11-05-2005, 03:02 PM
Good afternoon girls! This will be short as we are having to re install windows etc and Jack needs the computer back. That is what was wrong with my bold, colors, etc too.

Have a good weekend girls!

SuGyong
11-06-2005, 09:21 AM
Hello ladies. Only Julie will remember me...

I came on and as only able to be on for about a week when my computer died. Then we moved to a different country (Was in Canada.. now in upstate NY) and now that we're finally sort of settled in, I was hoping to come back and join the group again?

(If you don't already think I'm too much of a flake.. ha ha!)

Anyhow, my real name is Lee Ann and I do martial arts with Julie and she's taught me everything I know about it and bellydancing. Unfortunately that's not much since I'm a terrible student *wink*

I'm currently trying to lose the baby weight from my 2nd little girl and I'm holding at 156-158. My ultimate goal is 125-130. (I've never been below 140 and was 155 in high school...)

I think I have to go into my control panel and update all of my info still...

Thanks in advance.
-Lee Ann

Amanda Panda
11-06-2005, 12:41 PM
hello,

Well I seem to be just about back on form at the gym - I've slowly built up over this week and have managed 5 days out of 7 which I am really pleased with. Staying OP with food has also been 5 days out of 7 (as long as I stay OP today!) - I am pleased with that as it is a big improvement from where I have been - but on the 2 days 'off' I had pizza both times! :rollpin: Honestly, I am so annoyed with myself - I am never going to reach my Christmas goal at this rate - I just keep undoing all my hard work.

Well this seems to be a week of PC problems - hope you both get it fixed Susan and Faye - mine can't be fixed till we can get the new graphics card, but Nige has done some sort of system reversion which is helping it to work ok. Nigel is basically on the PC from the moment he gets up to the moment he goes to sleep - and he is an absolute pain to live with when the PC is not working, so I hope we get it sorted soon!

WELCOME SU - you are most welcome to our group!

Love Amanda x

gma22
11-06-2005, 01:58 PM
I was busy busy this morning so I didn't get back in here to post this morning.

LeeAnn: You are so welcome to join us! We love having new ladies here!

Amanda: My old friend. I can always count on you here on the weekend! :lol:

Jack reshampooed the dining room since we got the new parts for the steam cleaner then I went upstairs and took down curtains and washed them and scatter rugs, put my knitting labels on all the stuff I have finished and am trying to get more shampooing done this afternoon upstairs while Jack watches the NASCAR race.

I have to reset the font on the computer as it is driving me nuts so I will say TTFN!

gma22
11-07-2005, 07:33 AM
DO NOT POST HER BUT JOIN US AT #117