South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 06:44 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Hump Day on the Beach 10/26

Good morning, Chicklets~~

We need some emoticons for c-c-c-coooollllllldddddd!!! Took the furkids out a little while ago and had the whitebreath thing going on. Yeesh!

Gotta go make some breakfast. Already have coffee!
Old 10-26-2005, 08:12 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Mamacita. We were supposed to get SNOW last night but they were wrong again! I just took the garbage out to the road and discovered that the trees decided to drop almost all their leaves overnight. I think that darn Wilma had something to do with it. As soon as it stops raining and dries up a bit it'll be raking time around here.

I was off program last night for sure and feel it this morning. Wings and wine at the Long Horn are NOT part of any Phase as far as I can see. Maybe I can persuade Dr. A. to revise the foodlist again. Anyhow, breakfast and coffee are fixing me up just fine. I will do some Russian dancing on the treadmill before my bath.

This morning I go for my annual flu shot and then will drive to Perth to see Harry. It's just been too darn cold, wet and miserable the past few days. Luckily, he isn't keeping track of when I go in. I may take Lucy with me this time. She seems pretty much back to "normal" and needs an outing.

What's happening on your part of the Beach?
Old 10-26-2005, 08:36 AM   #3  

Good Morning! Good Morning!!

I am feeling good today. I took a step aerobics class last night. I saw the instructor and thought she is going to be a puff ball b/c she was put together. You know, nice hair, make up and perfect lipstick? I WAS WRONG! Her workout was hard. But, I was pleased with myself that even though it was hard it didn't KILL like when I first started back. I felt like I could see improvement in my stamina.

I weighed yesterday and found that I was able to get the weight to balance a little under 160. It was just 1/2 pound, but the feeling was great.

I had a good eating day with the exception of going nuts on the nuts. I don't know what happened. I just wasn't thinking. I had cashews for a snack. Then, before my aerobics class I ate 1 package of the SBD peanut butter cookies. After my taco bake last night, I made a peanut butter cup. I ate that down and thought "Oh, NO! Way too many nuts." Oh well, at least I got a good workout in and today is another day.

Today is Day 2 of Phase 1 for my friend and she seems upbeat and encouraged. I am so happy for her. I am going to take a before picture of her today and she will be taking a "during" picture of me.

Well, gotta get to work. I hope everyone is having a sunny day!
Old 10-26-2005, 08:36 AM   #4  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey everyone! It's cold here too this morning. Lately I've been sleeping in sweats and socks with an extra blanket. I have my oil heater on again. I probably won't use my central heat till it gets into December or January. A good thing is that when the neighbors downstairs use their heat, it all comes up to me on the third floor. Last winter my bills were great. Hopefully that's the case this year.

This is my last full winter in KY. During the middle of next December I'll be done with my Masters and on my way to So. CA. Hopefully! I have everything planned down to the week.

I bought a loaf of bread to see if I could handle it. It's by Nature's Own and has 40 cal, 10 carbs 5 of which are fiber but I've still been eating too much of it. I've had a sandwich every day for two days and late at night last night I ate 2 more pieces with SmartBeat and I just ate two pieces this morning. I'll make some eggs w/ zucchini later to add protein and veggies. I'll have to be very good today to not over do the bread. It's just so great to eat bread again. My calories are still around 1600 but I need to get them lower I think. TOM is about 1 1/2 weeks away so I think that may account for the increase in appetite. NO room for cheating though as I still have tons of weight to lose to meet my goal of 190 by C'mas.

Mamacita: I feel ya with the cold. It's freezing here. I wore a scarf yesterday while walking to campus. It was definitely winter-like. Want some toast with your b'fast? :

Ruth: Busy as always. Have fun on your visit!
Old 10-26-2005, 08:58 AM   #5  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Nothing new at my end of the woods,just checking in that I'm still around. Wilma is gone with her wind and all.No damage. Hugs BB
Old 10-26-2005, 08:59 AM   #6  

Good Morning~ we had some wet snow/sleet when i first got up. I love this weather. I was wanting to get some fall picks to post. the weekend was perfect but I didn't have film.It may bee too late now, past the peak of colour.
I am feeling less puffy around the middle. Like when i sit down not as much squishes forward. LOL!
Ruth~ have a good visit. HUGS to Harry.
Mamacita,djett,pearshape HI!!!
What to do? What to do? I woke up confused as to what day it was, who went to school, and what was on the agenda. Icky. So, after a coffee it is all clear. it IS Wed, DS goes to school.
My list-
Make changes to School council minutes and email to R; prep notes for Official Board meeting at church at 7:30 tonight; fine tune photo directory bill etc for same meeting; stamp and date Avon books; put away my laundry; wash the kids laundry; tidy my bedroom; sweep kitchen floor; clean up sandbox toys and put away for winter( kids will help);plan my meals;call grandma; email H for plans for costume party at church of Fri; come up with a spectacular craft and baked treat!! for same party; breathe and smile a LOT!!

A great morning so far. Everyone is happy and cooperating and being kind!!!!! 4 kids here, 2 to come.

Daily Journal
1.My renewal statement for the day. I CAN do this.
2. Weekly weight. 230
3. Exercise-type, how long, what level. oops
4. % fat, carbs, protein.
5. # meals and snacks. 3 meals 2 snacks
6.# fruits, # of veg. 3 cups veg
7. How many glasses of water.8
8. Time of last food intake, time I went to bed. LAST FOOD 6PM!!! ,BED 11:30PM!!!!!!!
9. Why and when I ate due to stress or emotions.~ I didn’t
10.General feelings about food, exercise, life.~ I ate a 1/2 c of ww pasta with supper, not SB phase one but still a great choice and portion control!!!!! Life is glowingly delightful.
11. Any really good events or feelings today.~ sure. I felt monumentally calm all day. I did some church and school council business. I had good interaction with the kids.I ate very well. I had mushy convo with DH.I put in a $800 Avon order!, I watched Gilmore Girls. I slept well.
12. Overall, how did the day go.~pretty darn wonderful.
13. How can I improve for tomorrow. um, keep on this wave.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:14 AM   #7  
Slow&SteadyWinsTheRace

Good morning gals. I am pretty new here and very excited to become a part of this supportive group. Today I will be doing what my usual routine is - caring for 7 little people. I have a day care in my home. They are about to start knockin on the door so gotta make this quick. I am trying really hard to get a couple of pounds off (in my second week of phase 2) so today my goal is to use fitday, which I've never done, to see what I'm really eating and to get in a little more outside activity with the kids, more running around must be a good thing. Not too cold around here, in fact yesterday it was almost 60 degrees. Here they are at the door, so the fun begins. Have a wonderful day on the beach!
Old 10-26-2005, 10:19 AM   #8  
gotta lose it!

Godd morning everyone! I just took my new kitten to the vet for spaying....I felt bad. She could not eat after midnight last night & nothing this morning....she was not happy. I can't see her until tomorrow =(
Today is my day off & I have tons to do....xmas shopping (laugh all you want, but in Dec went you're fighting with lines, I'll be home!) I also want to stop by Michael's & pick up some crafts, grocery shopping (what's for dinner?), some cleaning & writing my review for work...thought this was my day off...guess not!
Mamacita - It's cold here too....coffee does sound good....
Ruth - Enjoy your visit with Harry.....you are one busy lady!! I admire you!
Djett - great job on the class....I have committed to working out for 1 hour/day/5times /week - hope it happens!
BB - HI!! Glad there was no damage from Wilma!
Pearshape - hello!
Holly - Wow you're busy too....$800 avon order?! I'm not a fan of my middle either...especially when I sit down...ewww!
OK...lots to do! Have a warm & wonderful OP day!
Old 10-26-2005, 10:20 AM   #9  
gotta lose it!

HI Karen...we posted at the same time!!
Old 10-26-2005, 10:31 AM   #10  
Will work for yarn!

Good morning! It's cold, wet, and rainy here today. Ick.

My kids have a Halloween party to go to this morning, so I'm going to bring some celery w/peanut butter as my snack to avoid all the goodies the other mom's are bringing. And some bottles of water. If I can make it through this morning than the rest of Phase 1 should be smooth sailing!

I still felt crummy last night. I'm wondering if its my TMJ acting up and causing me to be achy, or if I'm coming down with something. Usually the detox ickies don't hit until day 3 or 4, but I've had them since day 1. Hmmmm.... I'll see how I feel today, if I still feel yucky then I'll go to the doctor.

Have a good day!
Old 10-26-2005, 10:31 AM   #11  
Kyemom

hey girls!! Just popping in to say hey....having a bad few days....kind of depressed.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:51 AM   #12  

Karen~ I have a home daycare too, 2 of my own, DS age 7, DD age 5 and then 7 others 5 and under coming and going. Every Tues and Thurs afternoons I have all 9. I have a 14 year old neighbour come and help. It is GREAT fun most days.

((((((((Kyemom)))))))))))))

Waving HI! to everyone.

I have 3 things crossed off today's list. Kids are snacked and watching a halloween movie.Yippee. OP so far.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

((((HUge Hugs to you Kyemom!!!))))

just running through this morning. Cold here and I need to put some socks on. I don't think I can wear these sandals all year long . Down 1 lb today!! YAY freakin YAY!!! finally

hugs to everyone!!
Old 10-26-2005, 11:22 AM   #14  

Morning, gals! Hopefully today will be quieter at work. We had one outage yesterday afternoon that took several hours and then I was woken in the middle of the night to deal with another outage. It only took an hour but it was hard to get back to sleep.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:07 PM   #15  

Exclamation More News!

Now, I thought I had rocks in my head, now I KNOW I do. We've decided to take the brother also, to the female we were taking originally. Now it'll be PINK and BLUE at my house on Fri. I think it will help the female who is so shy, to adjust better. I guess the male is quite outgoing, so maybe she'll be nosy enough to come and see what's up.

I got on the scale this morning and I'm down 3 more lbs. which is another "I can't believe it" story.

Gotta run, make supper. We have church tonight, Family night, and we're taking a class. See you all tomorrow....GrannySmith
Closed Thread