Old 10-25-2005, 12:30 PM   #1  
frankiesgirl

Default a little about me - buddies wanted!

hey, have just completed my profile, have been using the journals for about 6 months now, but decided i needed a bit more motivation, so thought i should give the forums a go!

I am 22, 251 pounds and have been dieting ever since i can remember. I am struggling to shake off the weight i gained at university, there are no more excuses of stressful exams etc etc to make me eat junk!!

I am also a classic emotional comfort eater, lonely, depressed, happy yep there i am stuffing my face with the relevant food for the occassion. So here i am, would love to buddy up with someone who also has all this weight to lose!! yikes, its so daunting
frankiesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 01:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome. Feel free to jump in on any of the threads and start your own. We have several that post here who are about the same age and weight as you.

The amount you have to lose (about the same as me) is very daunting. Break it up into smaller amounts you wish to lose (5,10,15,20, etc.) Once you've achieved losing that amount, set you a new amount to lose.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 01:11 PM   #3  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Hi there!

You certainly have found an amazingly supportive group here....you'll find more than just one "buddy" among us. Welcome! I totally know how overwhelming it can feel seeing a long road before you (see my siggy below) -- but all the folks who've made progress toward or reached their goals will agree: it's really just one step at a time. Whether it's a short road or a long one, you still get to the end through putting one foot in front of the other -- making one positive, healthy choice after another, more often than not.....

Just know that you're among a very warm, loving circle of new friends, so you're not alone. Please jump right in and participate on any of the ongoing threads here, in addition to finding a one-on-one buddy.

Nice to have you join us!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 01:31 PM   #4  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

to you, frankiesgirl! Make yourself at home.

I second what Dawnyal and Sarah said--nothing original from me today!
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:08 PM   #5  

Welcome to the group Frankiesgirl! This is, by far, one of the most awesome places you'll ever find for support, IMO. Please feel free to jump right in and make yourself at home.

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Lots of wonderful people here to offer support and share their wisdom. Stay around, and post often!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 04:19 PM   #7  
One pound at a time...

to the group Frankiesgirl! This is a fabulous group that will give a support, cheer on your successes, give you a shoulder to cry and a boot to the tush if you need (and or ask for one). Post often so we can get to know you!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 04:39 PM   #8  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Whoa, Carol!! Now THAT's a welcome icon if ever I saw one! It makes me want a glass of punch or something!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 07:56 PM   #9  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

Hi frankiesgirl, welcome! I'm 21 and I am heavier than you (see sig) so I truly understand the daunting task that lies ahead. Just remember, take it one day at a time. Only you can do this for you. Best of luck!
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:08 AM   #10  
One pound at a time...

Sarah, just doing my part to help newbies feel welcome!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 01:10 PM   #11  
frankiesgirl

Thank you for the warm welcome ladies!!

Hoping that this forum is really going to help me with all the things that have been promised, carol sounds a little scary! Though im the first to admit i need a boot in the tush every now and again!!

So im having a really positive day today, smaller pants always equals a good mood, and sun shine and having had a good day health wise. Im very much all or nothing, once i fall off the wagon, i generally fall in a canyon! So that is pretty much my aims, try not to fall down a canyon, if i have a little tumble, ive just to pick myself up, dust myself off and get to it again, im fed up with my weight being like a yo yo!!

So here we go! looking forward to getting to know you all!!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...910/weight.png
frankiesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote