Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-24-2005, 11:02 PM   #1  

Unhappy Out of Control

Hi,

I've been a lurker on this site for a couple months. Reading about things others are going through makes me feel not-so alone.

I'm not technically overweight, but I feel horrible about my body anyway. I'm 5'4 and 109 lbs. but my stomach is soft and not toned at all. My heaviest was 134 and I'm now down to this. Usually I can get through the day eating healthily, and stay within my calories, but when really stressed/depressed/alone and bored I have a tendancy to binge. It can be just one or two "bad" foods, and I feel like I've blown the entire day - then I eat as if on autopilot, and it's crazy because I feel like I can't control it. Afterwards I feel horrible, gross, and even more flabby than before. It's so upsetting because I've tried SO HARD to lose weight, and on a day like this, I feel like I'm going backwards. It will take at least many days or a week before my weight gets down to what it was when I got up this morning - and I feel like all this time is wasted, because I'll just be working on getting back to where i WAS before the binge, not making any further progress. I just feel so disgusted with my binging, and hopeless about it.

Sorry to introduce myself in such a way,

~Dana
Sporadic_Moods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:53 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Dana, welcome. I echo everything Mary said. (excellent post, Mary!)
It does sound as though you may need to talk to someone about your body image issues. If you start doing some weight training; which I think is a very good idea, you're actually going to gain a few pounds with the added muscle. If you are indeed flabby in some areas, you'll really tone up, and will look and feel great. But if the added pounds are cause for concern, I would definitely talk to a professional.
Big hugs, sweetie...
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:16 AM   #3  

Mary and ellis, i appreciate the words of encouragement. I do have body image problems, and other anxiety issues also - used to take paxil but, of course, thought I no longer needed it and haven't taken it for over a year. I'm going to try the journal idea, and work more exercise into my days - I know exercise helps depression, so there's "two birds with one stone" it'd be useful for. Thanks again for listening to my story
Sporadic_Moods is offline   Reply With Quote