Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 06:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Weigh In at Home 10/24 -10/30

Hi all.

Welcome to a new week.

KristieKat - Welcome and congrats on a terrific weight loss so far!

Judy - Yay for taking the last of your certification tests! That must be a great feeling. I'm glad to hear that you're liking teaching 5th grade. So you're rooting for the Sox, huh? I can't say that I've watched a game yet. I'll probably tune in for the 4th game or so.

I had a quiet weekend. Saturday John and I were supposed to go to the symphony, but both Ana and I seemed to be coming down with colds. My MIL just got over one, so I didn't want to expose her by asking her to watch Ana. John ended up taking his mom to the concert and Ana and I stayed home and watched movies. Sunday I woke up with a cold firmly in place, so I came home after Sunday school and slept the better part of the day. I took a nap this afternoon as well, so I'm feeling a bit better. I'm actually cooking dinner tonight - pot roast. I've had such a taste for it. It must be the colder weather setting in. Amazingly enough, I have not purchased any halloween candy yet, which means I haven't eaten any either. Just taking a look at the carb counts has cured me of craving it. Just a couple of fun size bars and 1/2 my carbs for a meal are gone.

Have a great evening.

Carla
Old 10-24-2005, 07:46 PM   #2  

KristieKat - welcome! You've been doing so well!

Carla - I'm so sorry that you've caught a cold. You know, I'm sorry you missed the symphony but staying in on a Sunday and watching movies sounds great! A few more weeks and I might be able to do that! You know, we haven't bought any Halloween candy yet either. Tony and I talked about it before this week's shopping trip and we both decided that a) we aren't going to get any until this weekend and b) we are going to get something we don't like. Yikes, on the carb count! Yes, taking the last certification test felt great! Tony and I have actually watched some of both of the games so far - last night's was very exciting! Go Sox!

As I expected, my weigh in on Saturday showed a 1.2 pound gain - definintely the holiday dinners at Mom's. Tony and I had bar-b-que for dinner on Saturday (he wanted to have something like that before the Series)and it was probably the best amongst the other choices. Instead of ribs, we had bar-b-que chicken. Of course, the sweet potato fries were pretty naughty.... LOL Anyway, I am firmly back on the wagon. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. We are having a good ol' Nor'Easter with high winds and driving rain - it's supposed to start to get back around 2 am. Tony and I have lanterns with fresh batteries and I have a travel alarm set up in case we lose power. I'm NOT looking forward to the commute tomorrow (both ways - it's supposed to last all day tomorrow). I hope my student teaching seminar will be cancelled. I have no desire to drive to the north shore under those conditions!

Rachel - I hope you have faired well with Wilma. It sounds like it really caused problems all over the state!

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 10-24-2005, 09:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 299/ticker/150

Height: 5' 2"

Hello all,
I am down one pound for the week, but I'll take it, especially with my noshing due to my period. Still exercising and last weekend's eating was much better; I stayed OP. Work still sucks and is stressful, but most of that is due to all the new administration. Hopefully, we will all be in the "grove" soon. I hate change.

Judy: Will you have snow with the storm? I did my student teaching in 4th grade and it was the best time. That is such a good age to teach....now when they hit middle school.....yikes!!

Carla: The best thing for a cold is rest. Get all you can. Chicken soup will be soothing as well.

I'm on fall break this week (Thu, Fri) so I'm planning on doing a lot of NOTHING!!! It's veg time for me. I'm exhausted. Have a good week!
Lynne
Old 10-25-2005, 10:36 AM   #4  
Back on Program!

Hi everyone!
We did okay with Wilma, lost my flagpole but that's it. Lots of rain and wind, and now we have a cold spell. the high today is only 68, basically winter for us!
I have been starting each day journaling and counting points, only to blow it mid-afternoon here lately. I have got to get a handle on it. I am choosing a no weigh in this week and trying to get back on track. The social life has really been throwing me off track! Had my hubby's bday party this weekend and drank too much and ate too much! Then Sat went to a wedding, more food but only one drink. I have to get it together again, I have been doing so well!!
We got invited to the Margarita Ball the weekend after Thanksgiving, so that is an incentive to get back on program. I want to look good in a formal!
Once i know the exact date I will make a goal for it and post a weight tracker.

Okay girls I'm off to the grocery store and the gym! I hope I can find my willpower again!!
Old 10-25-2005, 02:34 PM   #5  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Good morning girls! I didnt weigh in yesterday or today and will not be doing it for a while. I have not been having a good time as all of you know....but am back to it today. The time I have the hardest with is night.....I did great all day yesterday having 128+ozs of water and walking for 27 mins. Then it went ALL down hill from there and had a brownie and half a pan of "monkeybread". Went to Mcdonalds (this am) and had 16points worth of food....but having water and counted my points. I will walk this evening....maybe in the COLD No snow here (and wont be having any at all) but it is cold. We are having spagetti but I will have a spagetti squash instead of noodles.

Carla, I hope you and Ana feel better soon. There is nothing like a cold to make ya feel horrible and then add to it your child is sick too.......Lots of fluids and naps!

Judy, I hope that commute is an easy one this week for you and there isnt much precipitation. Those first storms of the season suck! (Being originally from PA I know what they are like) and sounds like you made better choices for the bar b que...I take great hope in seeing that all ya'll make good choices and it helps me a little to try to make better ones myself.

Lynne, Good job on the loss! Keep it up! And enjoy those days off!

Rachel, I am glad to hear that you faired well with Wilma. I know....it is cold here too. I love it to a certain extent THOUGH I am not looking forward to the boys getting sick...which is right around the corner I am sure. As for the willpower........I would love to know where you find yours. I CANT SEEM TO FIND MINE EITHER!!!!!!! I like to think that I have today though I cant be too sure. I want it back TOO! I know you can find it and continue on the loss - that ball will be a great incentive! I know mine was. That is the problem though......I dont have anything going on to try to lose more (other than my health and kids!) Come on girl! You can do it!

Kristiekat, Welcome! I am the wishywashy Kellyjo. I welcome you and wish you great losses! This is a GREAT GREAT group of girls!!!!!!!!!

Till later!
Old 10-25-2005, 05:34 PM   #6  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Hi all

New to this forum but not to WW. Although this is the first time I've been on the flex point program.

I've been up and down the past couple of years with the weight (weddings will do that!!)

I'm trying to stay OP this week b/c on Friday we go on vacation - too many places to mention, but I will be at my HS reunion AND get to meet my brand new 3-week old twin nieces

My plan is to work out while on vacation (since one of our stops will be the Grand Canyon it shouldn't be too difficult to get some sort of work outs in) and be pretty good with the food. Once I get back from vacation, I will be hard core WW until I reach my goal

KellyJo - make sure you get your H20 in and keep working out - if nothing else, you'll get all the crap out of your system and gain some valuable muscle mass!!

chubbynursenomore - glad you made it through Wilma ok...hopefully this year's hurricanes are pretty much done with!!

Judy - be careful on the road - definitely not envying you out there - stay safe!

Lynne - hang in there - hopefully work will get better soon - great job at staying OP

Carla - hope you feel better soon!!

Have a great day!
Old 10-25-2005, 08:34 PM   #7  
Back on Program!

Smile

Kelly Jo---we are sisters! I had spaghetti squash for dinner too LOL! Except I made my kids eat it too (one loves it, one hates it). We had meatballs too but I only ate 3 (one point each, wasn't planning on eating ANY, but you know how that goes.....).
The girls and I went for a walk after dinner. Nothing high fatburning, but at least something. I had my car in and out of the shop today so I didn't get to go to the gym. Tomorrow I am working, so no gym then. But Thurs and Fri I am off, so I am definitley getting back there those days.
My plan has been all off track. I am starting over tomorrow morning, weighing in no matter what that scale will say, and getting back on program. I know I can do it, I have done it before. I feel so much more in control of my life too when I stay op, Kelly Jo that may be something for you to think about. No matter where you are moving to, you will be with your hubby and boys, and that is all that matters. Having a house on the market while you are living in it is AWFUL, I have been there done that, HATE IT!! Cleaning 24/7, it's exhausting, I know. Just try to hang in there. I know you said you want to wear cute sweaters this winter, you can use that for a goal!
I went to the WW site and they have lots of holiday recipes, even one for pumpkin pie! I think I can make it this year. I sure hope I can.

Welcome to Kristiekat and Auntie Em (congrats). Have fun on vacation and try not to worry about the diet too much, just do your best.
Lynne good job on the loss, keep it up!
Carla I hope you are better, Judy I hope you are warm!

I'll post my starting over weight tomorrow, I am ready to stop this nonsense and get back to business! I saw photos of myself when I went out for the bachelorette party, and for once I don't think I looked like the "fat girl" in the picture. Granted, I still have a long way to go, but I can see the difference and I have to keep up the good work!
Thanks everyone for your help and support, I think it's just as good as going to meetings.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:50 PM   #8  

Boy, we have all had busy weeks. I was glad that our nurse in Florida only lost a flag pole. I hope Carla is feeling better by now. I wish I was on a break llike Lynne.

I am down 0.5 lbs this week - and very happy with it. Last week I stayed even.

I just got my two new bathing suites from Lands End today. They fit great. I needed a suit that would keep my breasts in place during water aerobics. I ordered two- thinking that at least one of the two would do the job. Well, the best case happened and they both pass my bounce test. Everything is held in place perfectly. I have never ordered from Lands End before and just love their bathing suit collection. They have a suit for every need.

I got stressed at work today and drove off in my car looking for comfort food. I passed up Mc Donald French Fries and got a large steamed veggie at El Pollo Loco. This is a first for me. Funny thing is that I know now I just needed 15 minutes away from work to destress. I also happen to love steamed veggies. El Pollo Loco has a Brocholi, Caulifower and Carrot mix that has no added anything and they do not overcook the veggies.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:16 AM   #9  
Back on Program!

I am still 199.6 this morning, and starting anew!!!!
Good luck everyone! Keep up those water aerobics Loralee, and way to go with the veggies!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 10:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Judy - Sorry to hear about the gain. But 1.2 pounds isn't that bad. I've done far worse indulging in holiday eating. I hope you guys are ok. I woke up from a sound sleep on the couch to catch a news clip of Al Roker being blown over from the wind while doing the Today show weather report outside. I was pretty groggy, but it seemed like a real clip. Yikes. The BBQ sounds good. Chicken is better than ribs (point-wise at least) and sweet potato fries are better than white potato fries, so it sounds like you made some good choices. I managed to watch a few minutes of the game last night. Sat down during the 9th inning and then made the mistake of stretching out on the couch. I fell asleep right after Hernadez left the mound in the 10th. (Hence the waking up to see Roker blown over.)

Lynne - Congrats on losing that pound and on staying on program over the weekend, plus getting your exercise in. I hope that work calms down for you soon. Change can be exciting sometimes, but it can really play havoc with your nerves, even when it's good change and especially when it's not.

Rachel - I'm glad to hear you and yours are ok and made it through Wilma. A flagpole seems a small sacrifice to make to the howling winds. Yay for you for still being below 200. What's the Margarita Ball? Sounds fun, especially if it involves margaritas. Good for you for facing the scale today. You've got great determination and I know you'll continue to be successful.

Kelly - Baby steps, girl. Baby steps. Good for you for getting in your water and exercise. Keep plugging away. And until you get your willpower back, fake it. Look for a new incentive for yourself if one isn't presenting itself. How about having "x" pounds off by the time you move? You'll have more energy for getting your household together and you'll look that much better as you meet new people, etc.

Loralee - Good job on passing up the McDonald's french fries and going for the steamed veggies! I'm glad that the Land's End bathing suits worked out for you. I'm determined to need a new suit this summer and I think I'll be turning to Land's End. I've always thought they had good looking suits.

I'm posting a 2.2 pound loss for the week. Truth be told, I didn't really count points, or, more accurately, I didn't tally them, but I was very aware of what I was eating and tried very hard to make good choices. I'm back to journaling today, however. Ana managed to avoid getting a cold, but mine came on full force. I'm just hoping it doesn't morph into a sinus infection. I can tell you I'm really NOT looking forward to going to work this afternoon and being outside doing drop-off and pick-up. I really just want to crawl back into bed. That's not an option, though. I have one challenge to face this weekend - our friends are having a wine tasting party with a dinner buffet. I'll be ok. Still haven't bought halloween candy yet and probably won't until Friday. And I'm just not going to open it.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 10-26-2005, 11:57 AM   #11  

Question Can I join?

I will be doing my first weigh-in on Monday morning. Does that count as part of the challenge this week? Or do I wait for the following challenege? I am just coming back, but doing this at home the same way you all are.

While watching Biggest Loser last night, I did 20 min on my Gazelle and then 30 min on my Core ball. Yikes it was good! First time I've actually enjoyed it since I started.

I will post my starting weight here today and then see what you say.

Thanks for this board!

Radiodoll
Old 10-26-2005, 11:57 AM   #12  
kellyjoiii

Thumbs up

Rachel, Good for you not gaining any while inbibing on stuff this weekend! Back to it!

Carla, Thanks for the word of wisdom! I am taking it baby steps...I am not going to beat myself up for anything I have done....nor am going to do. I am only human! I am going to try to do my best. I need to find that spot deep down inside that I found two months ago. I think it is filled with FAT right now....that is why I cant find it LOL. That is all I can do. Right? I hope you feel better soon and keep pushin those fluids.

I have started journaling and figured out when my worst time of the day is.....at night while the kids are bathed and it is time to "relax" I need to find something else to do .....and NOT relax with FOOD!!!!!
I am working on it......good luck girls! I will be back later!

PS Radiodoll, Welcome and good for you getting on the gazelle and ball! Keep it up! This is an AWESOME group!!!
They will help immensely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by kellyjoiii; 10-26-2005 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:38 PM   #13  
kellyjoiii

ok I am going to post one more time to be accountable THEN I am gonna get of this Damn computer and get motivated...I have a HUGE pile of laundry and such to do....The walk will wait until later I guess. I just ate lunch and let me tell you I had chicken salad on a light e.muffin and added raw carrots and now I am eating a HUGE bowl of strawberries (I buy the frozen unsweetened and thaw the whole bag in the fridge so they are still kinda slushy) add splenda(3pkts) and the WHOLE bag is only 2 points. SO if I wanna eat them all (which I am gonna stop here in a sec LOL) then I can but I dont have to!!!!! I am having a hard time with portion control....and going for quantity instead of quality. I need to work on that. I am gonna make chili for dinner tonight w/cornbread. I will have points for cornbread (maybe) AND a caramel apple<----------- only 4pts for that. So far I am up t0 12.5 points for the day! Wahoooooooo. Ok, I am off to get busy..KC needs a bath too. tata!
Old 10-26-2005, 09:06 PM   #14  

Wow - what a busy place this week! Sorry for the quick visit and "general" replies but it's 9:00 already and I'm not yet finished with what I wanted to accomplish before tomorrow AND I feel like I'm fighting off a cold.... sooo.....It's been a little tough this week because it's definitely PMS although who knows these days when TOM will come. I have done NO exericise since Sunday (aaaccckkkk! - those who know me know that that is very unusual) but will try to do something on the weekend if I don't get sick. I have class tomorrow evening (yuck! I can't wait until he switches it back to Wed nights - by Thurs I am just zonked!)

Thanks to you all for the good wishes on our Nor'easter. It was windy and rainy but wasn't as bad as they had forecast - we didn't even lose power! Carla - Al Roker getting knocked over was during Wilma - thankfully not up here!

I'd better get going or else I will never finish what I need to get done and still get to bed at a decent hour.

Have a great one!
Judy

P.S. One thing good about doing all this work tonight (a computer Jeopardy game for reviewing things for the NYS Social Studies test) is that my hands have been busy and I haven't had anything since dinner!
Old 10-27-2005, 10:24 AM   #15  
kellyjoiii

Does PMS count 12 days prior????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????? Can I use that too??????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????
Ok, I am here....not OP but here. AS USUAL! Judy, I hope you got your work done yesterday and you are winning that battle with the cold! I think I too am coming down with something for I have had a headache since 7pm last night....maybe it is my sinuses. Oh well. I hope everyone is enjoying their cold weather...I know I am! Well, I am gonna take the boys to the grocery store today and get pumpkins...I know running a little late but OH WELL, its all good....its not halloween YET LOL. Ok...off to get some things down~
Closed Thread