Support Groups - Halloween Heffers with Speech Impediments say: MoooMooo

Schatzi
10-24-2005, 04:13 PM
This thread should take us through Halloween.. I'm trying to be good and not buy any candy till the 31st.. and I will give out normal sized candy..not them wimpie fun size bars...no, I'm new in the neighborhood and must bribe kids to make friends...

Cherryh
10-24-2005, 05:22 PM
I'm with you on not buying until Oct. 31, (I will just eat it...yum) but I don't think the kiddies need full-sized bars. They are going to get a ton of junk.

I wanted to be that house that gave out raisins or toothbrushes. It would be healthy, not to mention HILARIOUS to watch the kids' faces as I place dental floss in their baskets.

My husband gave that a thumbs down....Jeez....no sense of humor :)

Cowpernia
10-24-2005, 10:08 PM
Hey y'all. Have candy. Will eat.

Chicccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnn bones. All mine.

Kiwonk
10-24-2005, 10:48 PM
Jeepers I hope DS will not have to go through too much to get this taken care of -- I read the description of pneumothorax and it didn't sound like much fun. I had a friend in college who got a collapsed lung and I took him to the hospital. They didn't seem to consider it all that much of an emergency either. :shrug: It was verrry painful though. He got to take muscle relaxants. :faint:

I've seen other pictures of puppies having baths and it was outdoors in a big tub. Don't they shake afterwards? :lol: Yes, indeed they do shake afterwards!! 'swhy it was such a mess! At least in the bathroom, you can wipe it all up with a towel. Here's why I don't wash the dog outdoors:
1) I tried it the first time I bathed Jet: Please try to picture the logistics. It started out very nicely; I half filled a big plastic tub with warm water, put her in it and got her nice and wet. I should have realized that the fact that the water didn't reach the top of her back was going to be a problem. She would not sit down in the water. But anyway I took her out of the tub and rubbed shampoo on her, lathered up, so far so good. See, I figured I'd just put her back in the tub and rinse her off in that nice warm non-soapy water. Problem was it was very soon full of suds and she wasn't rinsed off (and she wouldn't sit in the water either). So I turned on the hose and tried to use that. Please now picture the water temperature of ice water. That is what our well water is like. Jet was not impressed. It was an ordeal. And I don't think I got all the soap out of her fur.
2) Outside: cold water. Inside: warm water.
3) Outside: mud and leaves and gravel to roll in. Inside: vinyl flooring
4) Outside: run away. Inside: shut the door
5) Outside: 45 degrees. Inside: 68 degrees

Bathing a cat is even more fun, cuz of all the scratching! See, dogs get all hang-dog about it, while cats get very indignant and try to kill you.
Fall is finally here in Mayberry! It's in the 60's BRRRRR... Aw, that's so cute -- you've become a Southerner! 60's are Indian Summer around here! And we did have one of those days on Saturday. It was lovely. Today it was 36.
I had a loverly weekend. DH brought me the purdiest coral colored roses and took me out for a nice dinner to celebrate the the big 28 year anniversary. We both decided we'd still get married to each other again if we had it to do over. :love: Aww, that's adawwwwwwable. He's so sweet!

Gosh, Sugar, do Germans do an especially lot of killing themselves? That's disturbing. You don't hear a lot about people throwing themselves in front of trains in the US, although it must happen often enough...

Love the :) smilies. :carrot: :lol: :rolleyes:

It smells like an orange around here right now. DH must be peeling one in the other room. Mmmmm.

Jet was a little monster today. I took her with me to get my car fixed (45 miles away) because DH was busy (and/or unwilling) and I could not find anywhere to hang out except for the very wet park. Not much fun really, her dragging me all over the town and then she couldn't even really play at the park because I had to keep her on the leash. I was very glad to get back in the car. She's very good in the car. DH found a swell plastic ball for her to play with in the yard (huge: about 18" dia.), and I kicked that around the (very wet) lawn for quite a while, after we got home. She had a great time with it, so I thought she would be pretty tired after that. Nawwwwwww. Full of spit and vinegar, won't stop biting and chewing everything in sight. Rainy days are tough with leetle puppies.

DD is going as Thing 1 or Thing 2 for Halloween.

I have all the state quarters up through 2003.

I made homemade corned beef hash for lunch today. Then I made homemade chicken salad for dinner. DD however ate soup.

Hope DS is all better by tomorrow this time. Does he have asthma?

Kiwi

Cowpernia
10-24-2005, 11:13 PM
Yep, he has asthma. He says he still feels the thing but it's not so painful. Maybe a dose of antibiotics will take care of it ??? We'll soon find out.

DS took ME out to dinner. Working kids are a good thing.

Kiwonk
10-24-2005, 11:43 PM
1- Go to Google (http://www.google.com )
2- Type in the word "Failure"
3- Instead of clicking "Google Search," click "I'm Feeling Lucky."
4- Spread the word before the people at Google "fix" it.

:lol:

Schatzi
10-25-2005, 12:01 PM
Kiwi, your narrative on Jett's bathing adventures are hysterical! sOOOOO TRUE about the perils of outside bathing.. 36 GADZOOKS!!!!! I'm hoping that will be the winter temps around here... so nice to wake up to crispy chilliness.. I refuse to put the heat on, as I can now wear my sweaters...and socks.
Cowie: glad DS is getting better...and that he took you out for dinner...what a loving thing to do... and at least you are eating something more nutritious then them chicken bones....oh, they are all probably gone by now..

Where or where are those other leetle cowlettes???

Wabby
10-25-2005, 12:22 PM
HereIyam, Schatzi! :carrot:

We have do it yourself dog washes here. It still costs $16 to wash my big doggies, but at least our plumbing doesn't get all clogged up w/ fur. They have special dog wash tubs that my dogs can walk into, w/ all the shampoo, cream rinse, ear cleaner, brushes, hair dryers, etc. that you need.

Isn't it a treat to be taken out by your DS, Peach? I also love it when I get invited to DS's or DD's house for dinner. Fun to eat, and leave them w/ the dishes. :lol:

It's billing day - gotta go pump out some invoices.

PainterWoman
10-25-2005, 09:54 PM
:) :) :)
Greetinks, y'all.
Was just skimming from last week since I've been OP and AWOL.
Kiwi: I am so glad little Jet is OK. What a trauma. And she must have a heart of steel to also survive bath so soon after. I agree that indoors is more under control, assuming the dog is small enough. I have NEVER even tried to wash a cat. but maybe I should try... do you think DH would be less allergic to Clairol on a Cat than cat spit?
I think Google probably STARTED the failure search! Or it's just what happens when that sort of thing gets hit on frequently!!
I apologize on behalf of the profession to you and the others who've had lousy counselors. I've been lousy to a few people, I'm sure... It's worth making sure you have a good rapport.... Most counselors don't admit to being unable to do THEIR half of the work..... I've done it a couple of times... if client reminded me too much of someone, or my own issues were, ahem, in the way. but I've just crossed my fingers and hoped once or twice... I confess. :o

Peachy-- Sorry you had a similar experience. Too bad we can't all visit in the agora with Socrates... Know Thyself and all that. If the counselor is saying things that resonate, (even if you don't like them) you are getting your money's worth. (Your next question to the Counselor could be... Well!! Since I don't especially like that fact, how do you suggest I forgive myself, and learn to do something different/better/more constructive??
Do let us know when DS is re-inflated... or whatever they are going to do with his lung.
Did you hear the discussion of a book on NPR called Bait and Switch? By B. Ehrenrich... about how hard it is for white collar workers to get jobs... I don't know that it would HELP, but at least you wouldn't feel alone.

Wabby: Congratulations on the anniversary. And roses. Something must be workikng right.

Shatz: Glad you recuperated from the grippe in time to be delayed by suicidal train passengers... And that you had the tenacity to get home.

Sug... Glad we like the same movies. I thought Wallace and Gromit was better than painkillers... We laughed a lot. I was disappointed that Shaun and Wendy didn't make any appearances, tho. Did Gromit even knit?

TaTa for now, y'all. I'm going to go glow in the dark.

Cowpernia
10-26-2005, 08:39 AM
I have a sore throat.

Painter Hood, I would summarize my feelings about the counselor as saying she pointed out something authentic but so far down on the list of problems I must deal with that it was of no consequence.

Kiwi, the wizard of all thing puter, my cheap Lexmark printer won't work. It works in neither b/w nor color and it doesn't complain it's out of ink. I don't want to buy a cartridge if it still won't print. What would you do?

Sugar, we have not heard stories of the English speakers yet. And where's Bagzzzie!!!!

Shots, that is so classy of you to give out full sized candy bars. How many kids do you expect?

Are you all cold? It's cold here!! 40s I think. Wabby, why don't you knit??? You could wear sweaters.

Wabby
10-26-2005, 12:15 PM
Peachez, I never learned to knit. Maybe I should take it up. I used to crochet back in the days of endless gymnastics and swim classes. We still use one of the afghans I made during that time for our favorite tv blankie. That would make it about 20 years old. An antique. Right now I'm working on a baby quilt for the little one. Made just like the ones I made for both my babies back in the day. I need to dig out the baby blankets crocheted by DH's grandma for our kids. Seems like just yesterday I was bringing a baby home.

DH bought the big bag of Halloween candy a week ago. We haven't had more than 5 trick or treaters in the 15 years we've lived here, but he always buys candy "just in case". :)

Painty, I wouldn't feel responsible for the failings of the counseling profession in general. You've always given me good advice. :goodvibes

Sug, we're still waiting....

Bagzz
10-26-2005, 02:34 PM
hello darlings---been away for a while as one of the children is experiencing depression and all the parents and step-parents are on alert with a search for dealing with it---from the sounds of it,it is clinical so meds are being ordered---this is a bit unnerving as i have no personal experience with these types of drugs so i would appreciate anecdotes to quell my fears---there is no personal reason for the feelings and there is family history so the family doc {who knows us all well} feels this is the route to take {counselling doesn't seem to have helped} ANYway---as you can imagine {as per Peachie's current worry} this type of thing keeps you totally distracted,worried and nervous----{peach ---hope ds is feeling better soon,------thank God they found the problem} xoxo-love you guys---talk later!

PainterWoman
10-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Hmmm... Wabby. thanks for YOUR vote! Pretty grandiose of me to apologize for ALL counselors. ;) Don't we ALL have issues of one sort or another.

Peaches--- Hope you find somebody more helpful. Texas has a "rehabilitation commission" that's part of the Employment/Unemployment agency. They mostly help with people who have been disabled on the job... but my friend who worked there was always helping people find jobs that they didn't know existed that were better suited for their circumstances. It wasn't considered "therapy" either. She is tough as nails and told people what they could/should. Very directive, not "therapeutic", but effective. I hope somebody like that shows up for you... knowledgeable and willing to go do bat for you.

I have no idea why I am sleepy today. Am seriously considering a brief nap... so i can wake up and see my late afternoon apppointments. Oh. And HOCKEY tonight on TV! Best to all.

Cowpernia
10-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Painty, they have something like that in Florida but HAVE STOPPED FUNDING IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiwonk
10-26-2005, 04:05 PM
And she must have a heart of steel to also survive bath so soon after. I worried about her having some lingering fears, but she seemed to bounce back very quickly. Actually I don't think the bath was all that bad for her; it was over fast and she got to shake water all over the bathroom! :carrot: What does seem to have lingered from the trap incident may be a fear of walking on the highway. I haven't repeated even part of that walk yet, but we do go up the driveway to get the paper every morning, and she is increasing reluctant as we near the highway. I think I'll let it be for a couple of weeks and then try a short walk down the highway again. They say that pups have distinct fear periods when they can be traumatized for life if something bad happens during that time, but I don't believe she was in that time period. Hope not anyway. I haven't told her breeder about it yet; she's going to freak out. She is one of these so-soft hearted people that she got choked up every time she talked about her puppies going to their new homes.

I have NEVER even tried to wash a cat. but maybe I should try... do you think DH would be less allergic to Clairol on a Cat than cat spit?That's distinctly possible -- and not all cats hate baths. I have a friend who bathes his cats regularly. Can't imagine it myself.
I apologize on behalf of the profession to you and the others who've had lousy counselors. There I go again painting everyone with the same brush, huh? I do that a lot. Since I've only had one real therapy experience, I certainly shouldn't be making generalizations. Lingering resentments, y'know. Caused by a psychiatrist with decades of experience who ought to have been more professional than to sit there and yammer away about his family while he took my money. I tried to talk about the beginnings of problems I had with my stepfather and he tried to turn them into a sexual abuse case, which was just patently ridiculous, but you could see he was all over the idea. Sheesh, if I'd been the type who liked that kind of sensationalism and attention, can you imagine the damage we could have done? So I suppose I've just had bad luck with counseling.
Did you hear the discussion of a book on NPR called Bait and Switch? By B. Ehrenrich.I love Barbara Ehrenriech. She wrote a fabulous book called Nickel and Dimed. I'll bet this one is good too. Of course, she doesn't pull any punches about where she sits on issues, but she does her research.

Gotta go rescue puppy from outside leash. She's been a handful since we've had so much rain -- and snow last night. Too much pent-up energy. So since it's not raining right now, she's outside chewing sticks. :shrug:

Kiwi

Wabby
10-26-2005, 04:33 PM
Bagzie, so sorry one of your kidlets is battling depression. We went through that w/ DS when he was a teenager. Being moms, we just want to make everything ok for them, and I'm sure in time, things will be. I can't remember which medication worked for DS, he had to go through several before he found the "right fit" for him. He's been off meds for a couple years now, and doing fine. Keep us posted on how things go. :grouphug:

Schatzi
10-26-2005, 04:38 PM
Greetings divine bovines :moo: : before I launch into ME:

Bagzilla: I can only offer my concern that your loved one will find solace and heal with meds. I have seen folks lives be healed by some of the drug therapy now offered.. I am sure the response to it will be monitored closely by your family doc and if needed be augmented by some guidance/counseling. I know you have no time to get me :chicken: bones ;) , (just hoping for a smile on that one love.) I sent you :goodvibes and a :grouphug:

Wabbita: A most downright civil service that " Bath-a-pet" ..never heard of such a thing! But fer them big furbabbies it sounds like a gawd send!
{{{ sSHUDDER}}}}, I JUST looked at my 2 babies and realized I HAVE STARTED TO TURN INTO THOSE SCARY OLD CHILDLESS LADIES :fr: ...I have HOLIDAY BANDANAS on both of them.. :yikes: . Booties are not Far off, I fear....( I will accepted knitted or crocheted.. Size Small, 8 in total please..with those cute little bootie tie strings)

KiWi,oh Queen of Puters.. :queen: ... My leetle FALL display is completed! Ken needs to take the pics as I tried and ended up with blanks on the digital. If I IM you, will you send me your email so that you can do your magic and get them posted??? I send you Air Kisses dahlink ! :chockiss: :chockiss:

Paintessa: Love you even more for that most Human commentary on counselors.. We who seek or have seeketh (? is that a word..sounds biblical like..)the help of your profession, tend to forget that they too are human, and much as we would not/or do not recognize "them" as Human beings-- sometimes their own experiences,biasis, etc can color their counseling... You have redeemed your chosen field ... in my eyes (to a degree hehhheee).. I haven't had much luck with counseling.. I always was looking for one to challenge me or engage me ..but each counselor seemed more interested in finding the right Dx in that BIG Book... and saying.."So what do you want to talk about".. :bubbles: .and nod nod "hmmm" :rolleyes: and... "so, and..." and more hmmms" .. :dz: .No real interaction or conversational or confrontational psycho help...hmmm maybe you would do well with online counseling?? just a thought..... ;) I would definitely pay you...by the ....hmmm typed word? minute???

CowHernia: I hear tell I shall be mobbed from 4:30 to 7:00 PM. I am only giving out BIG candy because I'm the NEW kid on the block-and Have no friends.... I'm pathetic, I really just want to eat the leftovers

SUGAH, speak to us lovie! And Dr.Schatzi orders you: :drill: NO TRAIN Stations FER U: 1 Year! No train tickets YAH? derstations, dasplatforms, tubes, Dertokens, discount booklets.NYET!NINE!!!. :coach: You must travel by DER cow,camel, DAS sheepie, auto, HERR balloon, FRAUrickshaw,er,der FraulineTank ...UNT, footschnagle! Capeesh?!!! And U come back to tell us of yer adventure YAH? DAS SUGARSNOOFLE IS MISSED!!! YAH???? :dizzy:

I think Darby needs her toenails painted... I'm Off! to my furmommie duties!!

Kiwonk
10-26-2005, 06:45 PM
If I IM you, will you send me your email so that you can do your magic and get them posted??? IM away, m'dear.

Tomorrow I plan to travel by footschnagle. It just sounds like so much fun.

Peaches, what happens when you try to print? You need to check the cables that are attached to it and to your puter and make sure they haven't been knocked out. Do you have a manual? There should be some troubleshooting information in there, or it could be loaded onto your puter with the printer software. Mine has a folder that has a lot of carp in it such as "HP Printer Assistant" (we have an HP printer). Try to do a test print page -- on our XP you can get there by going to Start/Settings/Printers/ then choose the printer, right click on it and click Properties. On the General tab there is a button called "Print Test Page". If it prints, your problem is in the item you are printing. Take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning.

Bagz, sorry to hear about the troubled offspring. Depression runs in my family and I know lots of pros and cons about the Rx's. Lots of family support, which I'm sure she has, of course will help to prevent problems with the meds. With the right meds, she will probably come through this no problem and get on track before you know it. Is she in college or h.s.? :grouphug:

Kiiw

SugP
10-27-2005, 10:53 AM
I'm taking time out from making a cabbage roll casserole (really!) to tell yas how it was.

My train going there was right on time, so I arrived in Marburg at 10:30 a.m. as planned and even found the cafe where we were supposed to meet.

The people who live there, and Englishman and his German wife were already there, as well as a guy who lives in Koblenz but who's originally from L.A. Actually he's from everywhere and nowhere and hasn't lived in the U.S. since 1999. He's 39, has a pony tail and is of indeterminate sexual orientation. Not at all important, but it makes conversation difficult sometimes, you know? The other two were a woman from San Francisco and her German husband. They been living in Darmstadt for the past two years now and are SO cute!! She's not sure if she likes it here yet.

The other guy who was supposed to show up but couldn't because someone threw himself in front of HIS train and they wouldn't let him get on any other one (it's cheaper if you decide on a certain train ) is from England and lives in Stuttgart.

In the beginning more people said they wanted to be there, but you know how it is - they all start copping out as the day approaches. I think it will be better next year since now they know that the rest of us aren't axe murderers. :lol:

So we walked around the town, looked at a beautiful church and hiked up a steep hill to an old castle. Then we had lunch at a Greek restaurant. After that we all went to see the Englishman's new house. That wasn't planned, but they were so nice and invited us. They have a 7 yr old daughter who put on a puppet show and danced for us. She is beautiful and will be famous one day. :carrot:

In the late afternoon the cute couple drove me and the other guy back into town to get our trains and you know the story on that already. I had to take two trains back instead of one and met a very attractive business man and two adorable university students. And a dachshund.

My pictures turned out crappy but I may send yas some anyway.

The floor is now open for questions.

{{{{{HUGS}}}} to Bagzie!!!

Cowpernia
10-27-2005, 11:07 AM
Questions:

1. Why can't they stop this suicide-by-train business?
2. How did you all find each other?
3. What did you eat?
4. Other than the puppet show (I LOVE THOSE!!!) what was the best part?
5. Did you talk about Bush?

Wabby
10-27-2005, 01:08 PM
Sugar, I'm so happy that no one was a axe murderer. Its fun to step out of your regular zone and meet some new ppl once in a while, isn't it? Especially ppl who are experiencing the same foreigner in a strange land thing. Do you still feel foreign? do you think you'll ever feel the teensiest bit German?

I love Schatzi's new German accent. Can't wait to see pictures of the display. I'm turning into one of those cwazy coots that talks to their dogs all the time, too, m'dear.

I brought yogurt and an apple to work for lunch. I think I may go out for a mushroom swiss burger instead. No wonder I'm starting to jiggle.

Hey to the resta youz cows.

Kiwonk
10-27-2005, 11:07 PM
I just want to announce in case nobody has noticed (you know how I like to be well noticed) that I'm going to go change my weighty scale bar thingie for the 3rd time since I was blessed with this leetle Jet engine in a fur jacket. She may be driving me crazy, but I have barely any time to overeat. :lol:

Sugar, your adventure sounds like a lovely lark! How very cool. I want us to do that. This continent is too durn big. If it were a more reasonable size, we could all get together when you find yourself in the Provinces. Ah well. Someday.

Yogurt and an apple for lunch! Sounds very spartan, no wonder you craved a mushroom burger.

I forgot to eat lunch, believe it or not. Had a rawther crappy morning -- our dishwasher has been leaking on our horrible kitchen floor (it's a rolling portable one) and making a bad situation worse, so today DH took it apart and cleaned out some nasty pond scum under the edges (eww, that's just evil -- why would you make an appliance that builds up food and soap crap in a place you can't get to?) and since it was still leaking, he took it further apart and apparently killed it dead. So then he came in the living room and informed me I should start looking for a new d/w. And I informed him that he could do it; I am not interested in adding more stuff to all the stuff I have to do. Guess I told him -- he went out and bought one and had it delivered and it is collecting dishes as we speak. He is very good at buying, selling, negotiating, schmoozing and so on and it is just ridiculous for me to do it. And furthermore I think he should get a job doing it. Or anything.

I'm going to the big city tomorrow and buy a baby shower gift for my SIL's impending grandson. Fun Fun Fun. Little boy stuff.

Ta.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
10-27-2005, 11:12 PM
where is all your weight going, Kiwi? Is Jet the answer to all our problems?

Schatzi
10-28-2005, 08:26 AM
The Jett Diet? So glad you are losing weight while you frolick with puppie!

Sugahsnoofle! Ooh it sounds like much fun was had by all! What is this some Foreigners in Germany Club? How did this thing start?

Thanks to Kiwi, here are pics of my fall display.... Sunday I shall spend the day carving pumpkins to add for the 30th and 31st.

SugP
10-28-2005, 08:47 AM
Peachez asks:

1. Why can't they stop this suicide-by-train business?

Beats me. I guess anyone standing on the platform can just jump off if they feel like it. Dh says they usually choose the Inter City Express because it's faster. Ugh. Can you imagine?

2. How did you all find each other?

Whiney Expats in Germany mailing list and stuff. Someone just suggested it would be good to get together so we did.

3. What did you eat?

We went to a Greek/German restaurant. I had gyros and others had the BIGGEST schnitzel I've ever seen. You could order XL or XXL and XXL was the size of a steering wheel. Back at the Brit's house we had tea and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and sandwiches for dinner.

4. Other than the puppet show (I LOVE THOSE!!!) what was the best part?

Just sitting around speaking English, I guess. And it was fun walking around in the town.

5. Did you talk about Bush?

No, not at all, actually. There was enough bad German stuff to talk about. But I see that the incompetent boob has gotten himself into trouble once again. :lol:

Kiweeeeee! Jett is making you thin! You could patent this. Our dishwasher works OK ( well, except for the fact that when I turn it on the electrical outlet on the other side of the room starts to smoke - dh is fixing this pronto) but it also collects that disgusting sludge everywhere. Looks like baked on chili mixed with oatmeal and I gag every time I attempt to scrape it off. Barf.

Schatzi - your German is great! Everyone here would understand you perfectly- :) Adorable Halloween displays. We're doing Halloween this weekend because ds9 is going on a 4 day field trip starting Monday and will miss the festivities. Guess I should start decorating, huh? :lol:

Painty - I only saw Gromit knitting once when he was sitting in the car. Just yesterday I heard that the manufacturer of "Stinking Bishop" cheese was complaining that he's barely able to keep up with orders since they mentioned the cheese in the W and G movie.

Wabby
10-28-2005, 12:58 PM
I'm so totally out of the loop - never heard of Stinking Bishop cheese.

Sugar - Just speaking English was the best part???? I never thought of how it would feel to have to communicate in a foreign-to-you language all the time. So you didn't answer my question - will you never feel the teensiest bit German? always a CanadianinGermany?

Schatzi! cute displays! Looks like a magazine picture of what fall is supposed to look like. The last couple days here have been gray, gray, gray and soggy. I'm not looking forward to the time change and even more darkness and gloom. Who thought up this goofy daylight savings/standard time b*lldoodoo?

The Jett diet - I think wiring my jaws shut might be less painful. I've gone through that puppy stage - arghhhhh! Congrats on the weight loss, Kiwink, very good girl. You know, I could change my weighty bar thingie too, but it wouldn't be going in the right direction :( ---- I had a dying rollup dishwasher before we remodeled the kitchen. It got to the point that it made the dishes dirtier after I ran it than when I put them in. I ended up washing dishes by hand for about a year because we didn't want to buy a new rollup d/w because we knew we were going to put in a regular one when we remodeled. It was the longest year of my life. Enjoy your sparkling clean dishes. :)

TGIF - it's been a long week. My friend wants me to go to The NW Women's Show at the convention center. I really don't want to - about the only thing I'll go to the convention center for is the garden show. Too many ppl, parking is too difficult, prices are always outrageous. I said no, but now I feel bad 'cause I really love this friend, but theres a limit to what I'll do for friendship. Invite me out for a drink or lunch and I'll be right there. :hun: :hat:

Schatzi
10-28-2005, 02:39 PM
Oh Woe....is there a way to catch a cyber jinx??? My dishwasher went Kablooey this afternoon... think a hose broke... and it had a FULL LOAD! I detest washing dishes... I dunno, my least favorite household chore..Bleah I ACTUALLY had to hand wash my dishes...positively medieval. At least this is a rental unit... Mr Bill the landlord will come to repair.....

Congrats on your new dishwasher kiwi, may it see many a load !

Wabby:Methinks Daylight savings started around WW1...Today its cold and dreary..so I am snuggled in my nest playing Nancy Drew The Curse of Blackmoor Manor...devilishly hard... and needlepointing...

Sug: I never heard of Stinking Bishop cheese either... hmmm is it stinky? Is it good? is it good n stinky?

Bagzz
10-28-2005, 03:00 PM
THE DISPLAY WAR HAS STARTED AND I AM BARELY READY!!! I WILL BE EMAILING MY PICS TO KIWI ASAP!!!!---as a good sport let me congratulate the Shatz on her lovely showing!!! Fabulous darling!!! also,while i am here,let me congratulate Kiwonkers on her weight loss {chasing dogs around won't work for me----it made me eat more!!!!}and Sugar darling---so glad you had fun with the Englishspeakers----i can imagine what joy it would be!!---the French Pastry people in the market are from France and can't speak English at all===i always feel sorry for them-----this is a bilingual province though so lots of people can speak the language!----i will say hi to wabby and peachfuzz but i have to leave RIGHT now cause MIss New Brunswick won't get off my lap and it's hard to type!!!!--i love her and it's cold here and she is keeping my ample lap warm!

Cowpernia
10-28-2005, 04:31 PM
I am sending MY pictures to Wabby. Wabby is the new puter guru here. Go Wabby!!!

Wabby
10-28-2005, 06:53 PM
I'd just forward them on to Kiwi. I'm not the guru of anything, Peach.

Youz cowsies have a wonnerful weekend. I'm off to take Grandpa Jim to the Doctor. He needs me to be his interpreter. Let this be a lesson to you - always wear ear protection when using saws so when you're an old geezer you won't need someone to accompany you to the Doctor.

Stay outta the Halloween candy.

Kiwonk
10-29-2005, 12:37 AM
You know, I could change my weighty bar thingie too, but it wouldn't be going in the right directionSilly Wabbit, those only go down; you can't revise them upward, that's against the law.

What da heck is a Women's Show? Sounds new age touchy feelie. I'm agin it.

Holy Carp, Schatzi, that's spooky. Must be dishwasher week. I washed some dishes by hand too. It didn't kill me. It almost made me think aww heck we don't need a dishwasher. Fortunately DH bought one before I voiced that thought. Washing dishes isn't really my most hated chore. I think it's vacuuming. At least this place looks like that's the most hated chore. It's very hard for me to pick a most hated chore, seeing's how I hate them all. Oh, no, maybe it's mopping floors. Because our floors are so horrible that mopping them makes them look worse. And in fact, mopping them also makes tiles loosen and crumble. Hellhole.

I have unresolved feelings of anger against my house.

IStay outta the Halloween candy.HA. That ain't gonna happen.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
10-29-2005, 02:14 PM
Unresolved feelings ... revisited.

Our harddrive broke. Dell is suposed to come fix it. First, I called the puter guru friend who had to tell me all this stuff about Herbie., How the Helkl can I get Over caring What he Does? I dlhn't ask butg it bugs me way big.

While harddrive is gone I am using Ds's laptopand it ai't good.,

Kiwonk
10-29-2005, 11:01 PM
oh, typing on a laptop. I think we're too old to do that. That's for chillen with nimble fingers.

I have Halloween pictures already. Oh my they are cute. Who wants some?

What is Herbarf doin anyway? You are forgiven for being curious or bugged or both.

Kiwonk
10-30-2005, 11:22 AM
It is Sunday morning and no one has posted for 14 hours. I am talking to myself. DD woke up with aches and a fever. That sux. She got up and made a batch of meringue cookies that she had promised for the baby shower today and went back to bed. I get to clean up. I made a giant colorful veggie tray with dip.

Come to think of it, if DD is sick, she probably gave it to all her friends at last night's party. Musical rehearsals will come to a screeching halt.

Did I tell you that my vacuum dug a hole in my carpet? How insane is that? It's an upright, with attachments that you use while the machine is locked into the standing position and the beater brush is not supposed to be turning. Apparently it isn't working right and kept turning while I was using the attachments, because when I moved it there was a big ditch the width of the vacuum in the carpet. I sent a complaint to Hoover. Not the dam. But Damn.

Kiwi

Bagzz
10-30-2005, 02:15 PM
WHENVER I WANT THE CAT TO SIT WITH ME SHE WON'T ---when i want to type on the computer she wants to lick my fingers while i work----now i know why the say that dogs have masters and cats have staff.i have to take my h'weeie pics today too for the kiwihotshot computer chick-----------LOL LOL LOL over the moniker "Herbarf" ----he can be Herbat tomorrow on all hallow's------------i am making that great hamburger soup that wabby tole us about ---the two point soup i believe it was called----gotta go finish up ,but i really want meringue cookies!!!!!!

Cherry Cow
10-30-2005, 11:41 PM
Umm. Hi.

Prayers going out for sick and depressed ds's and dd's. Also, happy repair thoughts for various kitchen appliances.

Sugar P, glad none of the expats were axe murderers.

Kiwi, yay for doggies causing weight loss! I'm making mine help me. I'm taking them for walks every morning between my two jobs. After two weeks, they demand it as soon as I get into the house at 6:20am! Zippy needs to lose about 10-15 pounds, so this is good for her and for me!

Can't wait to see pictures! I need to make mine smaller so I can post them.

I can't figure out how to post pictures in the post, but I have attached a picture of Zippy and what she thinks of working out.
But she loves her walk!

I'm going back on WW online.

Kiwonk
10-31-2005, 11:31 AM
I can't figure out how to post pictures in the post, I never figured out the image tags they used to have, but the attached photos show up as thumbnails, so it's almost as good. I'm with Zippy, the idea of lifting weights makes me want to lie down too.

Hamburger soup; that's a good idea. I use my MIL's recipe, except she uses canned mixed veg. which I don't usually have on hand. I don't think this is 2 point soup.

Dang I left my coffee on the other side of the babypuppy gate. We now have 2 puppy gates up, one to keep her from going upstairs and one to keep her out of the kitchen. I'm at a loss to figure out how to keep her from snacking on the cat food and sticking her nose in the litter box, which is in the kitchen. The cat food is in a high sided box, but she's found a way to get in there anyway. The silly thing is that if she really wants to go in the kitchen, she just bounces on the baby gate and it falls down. :lol: But at least I get fair warning that she's on her way out there. My life is a circus.

Baby shower was nice. DD's meringues were totally appreciated. I packed them in a pretty coffee can and wrapped them up with the gift. Our niece (? she is my SIL's DIL, does that make her my niece?) had asked DD to make her some, so she was happy (and not sharing -- pregnant women don't have to).

DD is feeling better. She slept almost all day yesterday. Then her friends called and wanted to know if they could come over and figure out how to make another pair of fairy wings (they all dress up for Halloween at school, believe it or not), but they didn't want to catch what she had. The only one who ended up coming over was the BF. He has a tendency to hang around the door talking to DD if I let him, but I didn't let him this time. I made him come in and sit down. He always looks as though he might need to leave any second -- he's terribly polite and nice, but still, you know he's uncomfortable. So I gave him a piece of cake from the baby shower, and DD explained how he was going to have do the makeup for his cousin if she was still sick today (she made up his cousin as a goth for the party the other night), and he finally relaxed. The guy's got a wicked sense of humor when you get him talking. So that was fun.

I only carved a teeny little punkin. I bought a big one, but it's just been sitting outside looking lonely. And faceless. I'll uploade a pic or two of my teeny punkin. I got the idea from Martha. Unfortunately it is already drying up, probably because it's so small that the candle heats it up more than a big jack-o-L. It used to have a little baby tooth but you can't see it any more.

Kiwi

Wabby
10-31-2005, 12:43 PM
Cherry, Zippy doesn't look too zippy in that picture.

I'm feeling carpy this morning, but I'm here at work anyway because I have no back up, which is why I don't get vacations either. We have tickets for a cruise in January so I've got to come up with a solution to the no back up problem. Until then I'm not allowed to get sick.

Kiwi, I don't mind vacuuming, but word on the floor mopping. As soon as I get it done the doggies put foot prints all over it and all that work was for nothing. My friend has those doggie gates all over her house too. She has a 12 year old weiner dog that still isn't house trained. They took out all their carpeting except the bedrooms and had pergo floor installed because of their doggie. What we will do for our pets.

Let's see. What did I do all weekend? Not much. Went to see The Legend of Zorro w/ DH. His idea, not my kind of movie, but it was entertaining in a Saturday kiddie matinee type of way. We finished off the large tub of popcorn together. I spent most of Sunday napping because of not feeling well. It felt pretty luxurious. We're going to go over to a friend's house tonight so we can see some trick or treaters. Poor little goblins will be out in the stormy rain. We also get to see their one week old Grandson! I'll be practicing up on my baby talk.

I can't remember the hamburger soup recipe. Old timers disease. I made a yummy Chicken in Wine Sauce for dinner yesterday. Yummers. Not WW.

Enough of my blathering. Somebody else blather for a while.

Schatzi
10-31-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm up fer a blather...
kiwi: you house sounds like a regular obstacle course..!Gladd DD is feeling better and no one else got the bug... heh, I can understand why BF will feel a bit uncomfortable till he gets to know all ..a wicked sense of humor is a plus in my book.
Such a happy little pumpkin ya carved there... I had no luck.. I waited tooo long to get pumpkins and all of them were starting to go bad... I picked up one healthy looking one..but once I chopped off its head and started cleaning the guts it stunk so bad I gave up.. note to self: Get Pumpkins earlier than the 30th.
yes... Cherry...Zippy looks lifeless... perhaps this is after his walk and just bone tahred eh?

Wabby, how is grandpop? ...oh Cruise???? how fabu where 2?? I'm jealous.
Bagz, where're your pics
Cowie and Painty stop Knitting and come tawk ta us!
The dishwasher is all fixed..then the garbage disposal went..I was too embarrassed..thank fully hubby is handy and fixed it.

Who is herbarf? Sounds like a German name...is this Sugs husband?

I just finished shampooing the rugs for the billioneth time... muddy dog paws.. husband looks at me strange that I want dog booties for xmas...hmmpf: let him shampoo the bloody carpets.

Well we visited BJs yesterday... DH is on a Walmart/Sam's Club strike... ya know all that farming jobs overseas...and treating ee's poorly..( we also only buy gas from the companies that do not purchase oil from the middle east...) (Yes, I know, a Hippy protestor....) anyhoooo, We spend $300.on meat and bulk items... beats what I pay at the Lowes and Harris Teeters...and a hugical bag of chocolate for the trick or treaters.. then off to the Verizon store for NC phone numbers and a new hi tech phone for DH.. I have a ancient one ..for which suits(ed) me perfectly... TALK and SEND buttons that's all I need...but Noooooo... I now have his old phone which does pictures and voice recognition... Bleah... it will take me a year to figure out the dang thing...ok...waiting for the trick or treater to arrive..

Hmmm: Question: What is your favorite or more useful kitchen appliance...I'm thinking of a GT express or a crock pot for Xmas....thoughts?

SugP
10-31-2005, 04:42 PM
:) HAPPY HALLOWEEEENIE, DARLINGS!! :)

We celebrated on Saturday because ds9 left on a 4 day field trip this morning. Only a small group of trick or treaters today at 2 p.m. At least they got the day right this year. Next year we'll work on the time.

I have attempted to post a thumbnail of my pumpkin and ds9's scary lanters.

Kiwonk
10-31-2005, 06:33 PM
Hold The Phone Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You Are a Grandma Already???? Did I Miss This? Surely I Would Have Remembered! :woo: :high: :balloons: :welcome:

Kiwonk
10-31-2005, 06:52 PM
Gladd DD is feeling better and no one else got the bug... heh, I can understand why BF will feel a bit uncomfortable till he gets to know all ..a wicked sense of humor is a plus in my book.Ah, spoke too soon. The BF is sick. Figures. What does that tell us, hmmm? Anyway, we have known this boy since they were in elementary school, so it's not that he doesn't know us. More that the whole "going together" thing is so new, I guess.
What is your favorite or more useful kitchen appliance...I'm thinking of a GT express or a crock pot for Xmas....thoughts?
I'll tell you who Herbarf is if you tell me what a GT express is. :dunno:

I don't shop at MalWart either, but I do have a Sam's Club membership. It's the only wholesale store like that in northern Maine, so my protest is kinda half-arsed. Nevertheless I protest them. I don't buy Sam's Club gas either. Which I'm sure hurts nobody but me.

Sugar, that's a beautiful pumpkin!! You did the carving? I love it! And the scary lanterns are terribly frightening. Actually more like adorable.

I'm making mushroom barley hamburger soup. It smells good!!!

Kiwi

Schatzi
10-31-2005, 07:24 PM
Kiwi: here's a link for the GT express...heretell some folks love them... I wonder if it will just be another useless kitchen gadget to add to my collection... I think my most favorite useless item is the in the shell egg scrambler...That Ron Popeel sure seems endless with his gadgetry... anyway here's the link.....l http://as-seen-on-tv-products.ws/store/product_info.php?products_id=758
hmmmm: guess BF been swappin some spit there... poor boy..hope he gets well fast... yeah I guess it's a bit different when your dating than just knowing the family....
SUGAH: oh you are a carve master! That is a lovely ghost... and DS laterns are adorable!!! yet scary in a cute way...

hmmm... folks seem to be on a hamburger soup binge... is this anything like the Italian Wedding soup with the little meataballs???
Lots of TrickorTreaters here...I've had more in the last hour than in the last 6 years back in joisey....
I think I will be going into a sugar coma shortly... 1 or 10 too many Butterfingers...and baby ruths...

Cowpernia
10-31-2005, 10:37 PM
owwwwwwwwwwwwww i think i have an injured ribbie thank you 4 the herbarfffffffffffffffffffff lollolollll

ow bye love yous

Schatzi
10-31-2005, 10:48 PM
Hmmpf! Must be an inside joke bout this German Herbarf...Kiwi..you promised to tell me ..are you off ordering a GT express or the most useless item ever..The in the shell egg scrambler?
Cowie: your fingers are not meant for laptop use..leave it to use slender fingered folk...( actually I have very ugly fat hands..but I have mastered the fingering of leetle laptop keys!) when's your puter gonna be fixed? Have you knitted any more Catcaps?? I think you should sell them on Ebay. Make a mint

Kiwonk
10-31-2005, 11:38 PM
folks seem to be on a hamburger soup binge... is this anything like the Italian Wedding soup with the little meataballs???Nope, the hamburger is just crumbled up (I was going to say "loose", but that almost makes me gag to describe food as "loose" :lol: ). I hate the canned Italian Wedding soup. Glad I'm not Italian har har.

Okay, I won't be needing that GTExpress. What is it, like a George Foreman grill? If so, you should get that instead. Or a crockpot. You could make Hamburger Soup.

Anyway, it's not Herr Barf, although I think Cowpeachie is splitting a gut right now. It's Herbie, as in Peaches and Not Herb. He is, umm, a former associate of Ms Cowpernia's, hence the :barf:

I forgot I have 3 bags of Halloween candy in the freezer! Good thing I remembered before Halloween was all over with. :yes: :hungry:

Kiwi

Schatzi
10-31-2005, 11:52 PM
hmm, I shall take your sage advice.. Crockpot it is .. I just can't see another cluttering countertop kitchen gadget (say that 3x fast..you'll hack a hairball)

Herb?no need to drag up former associates, unless of course doing so is to make cowie laugh.

I must go lay down now. I have a sugar headache. G'night my leetle moolettes

Schatzi
11-01-2005, 10:44 AM
A man died and went to heaven. As he stood in front of St. Peter at the Pearly Gates, he noticed a huge wall of clocks behind him. "What are all those clocks?"

St. Peter answered, "Those are Lie-Clocks. Everyone on earth has a Lie-Clock. Every time you lie, the hands on your clock will move."

"Oh," said the man, "whose clock is that?"

"That's Mother Teresa's. The hands have never moved, indicating that she never told a lie."

"Incredible," said the man, "and whose clock is that one?"

"That's Abraham Lincoln's clock." replied St. Peter, "The hands have moved but twice, telling us that Honest Abe only told two lies in his entire lifetime."

"Where's President Bush's clock," asked the man.

"Bush's clock is in Jesus' office," replied St. Peter,......

"he's using it as a ceiling fan."

Cowpernia
11-01-2005, 10:13 PM
What a cute joke!!!

I have a new blank hard drive. What else can I say? Nada. The pumpkin smilies are gone.

Kiwonk
11-01-2005, 10:35 PM
:lol: :lol3: :rofl:

That's fantastic!!! :carrot:

Today was Puppy Kindergarten day! It was quite long. I had to drive to the Big City, and then they got started late, and then it went on very long, and then I had to stand in line for about a week to buy a couple of things. Jet basically pulled on the leash for about 2-1/2 hours straight. Unfortunately there was only one other dog in the class, and she wasn't even a puppy. She was a 2 year old daschund, who had been so freaked out by the big dogs in her basic training class, that her person decided to try her in a puppy class. Jet really really tried to get her to play, but she wouldn't. And they're not even coming back next week.

But the instructor was very good, and he just loved Jet, so we are going to switch to another day when hopefully there will be some puppies for her to socialize with! And she will be learning a whole lot of stuff in the meantime. I took 2 pages of notes on things to practice with her all week.

When was the last time you took hand-written notes, by the way? My hands have no interest in doing that any more, they just flatly refuse to bother with a lot of necessary letters. Tomorrow I have to take notes at the Music Boosters meeting, so I'm sure those will be highly readable.... :rolleyes:

Hey the punkin smilies went away! But the :carrot: stayed, at least.

Goodness I'm talkative. Must be the Halloween candy :chockiss: I've been eating. :devil: :eating2: I also went to :mcd: today, so I should be a real blimp tomorrow.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
11-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Your computer is all fresh and clean! Did you wipe out every last photo and email and everything from the other one, or did you save it all?

Cowpernia
11-02-2005, 07:40 AM
it's all gone. You must resend everything. Mostly I just wish I had pictures of DS that were on it. The email addresses are on my web based gmail so that's ok.

I found a thread of people all complaining of the same pain I have under my rib. Every one of them was wondering what it was. They'd been checked out, diagnosed (differently), treated and it persisted. The best guess is that it's stress. I am so sick of stress.

Schatzi
11-02-2005, 11:34 AM
KIWI:puppy kindergarden! Well that sounds fun..and soon there will be puppy play dates arranged.! I know what you mean about note taking.. I remember in years of yore I prided myself on my penmanship... now it seems like such an effort that my hand just wants to get it over with with as few letters as possible making my notes useless and ugly to look at.

CowP: A ribsticker..that's what I use to call those.. I don't know if it was stress..could be... Is this a new pain? Congrats on the new hard drive with megabytes up the wazoo to fill up! However there is a mourning period when you realize all the Stuff lost...

Bagzilla REMAINS THE HOLIDAY DISPLAY QUEEN! I told her I have been " Griswold" by her spooktacular displays...with lights! And it looked like there was even a Xmas tree thrown in there...

Where's Wabby?? And Sugahsnoofle?

Cowpernia
11-02-2005, 11:47 AM
sounds good Shots but I did a search on rib sticker and ribsticker and found recipes and punk-rock type stuff. I've had the pain before. Sometimes it feels inside and sometimes outside. Rib actually seems swollen. Today DS is going to the doctor for his thingie. Stressssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssss

Wabby
11-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Hi. I'm back from my sickbed. Oy.

Wabby
11-02-2005, 01:19 PM
And now all my guys are out on jobs so I can yack.

Poor me, I had a day of hurting all over and my tummy not feeling so good, but now I'm pretty much all better.

Peachez, maybe you have a sympathy pain. Maybe when DS is better so will you be. Maybe. or maybe you should go to the Dr. and get it checked out.

Bagzie! You remain the high queen of Halloween displays. Actually I was quite impressed w/ all displays, cute mini jack o lantern, Kiwi and work of art jack o lantern that you did, Sugar. I didn't do the pumpkin carving thing since no one ever comes down our long dark driveway for treats. DH still has high hopes. He filled up his bowl w/ candy, turned on the lights on the front porch, all the house was lit up, and still no trick or treaters. I was sleeping most of the evening due to feeling yucky, and DH came in about 10 pm w/ the news that "we didn't even get one kid". He sounded like he'd lost his best friend.

Kiwi, darlin', no we are not Grandparents yet. My friends are Grandparents to a new baby boy. We're expecting a Granddaughter toward the end of February..... Hey, in no time at all that puppy will be graduating at the top of her class w/ such a great mommy to encourage her.

Tonight is my evening of beauty..... time for a cut and color. I'm seriously thinking of going a little blonder. Not all blond, but lots of blond streaked in. I need a little spark and the only one I can come up w/ comes out of a dye bottle..... the cruise we're going on is the Mexican Riviera, which is the west coast of Mexico. It's the only one to warm weather that we can fit into our schedule. We're going with some really fun friends so I expect to be having a blast.

Schatzi, you need a crockpot and a George Forman grill, but be sure and get the one w/ the removable grills that you can stick in the dishwasher. You don't have to leave it out on the counter. My latest and greatest kitchen gadget is a Cuisinart coffee grinder that you load your beans into and then just dial how many cups of coffee you want. Cool, eh?
http://fantes.com/images/6501coffee_mills.jpg

PainterWoman
11-02-2005, 02:24 PM
You have all been having a wonderful time.
Shatz... I can't tell you how long it's been since I saw a HUGE schnitzel....
I am inflamed with the Plame news... and disappointed that Fitz couldn't get to Rove, but I have my fingers crossed for the time being.
I am gaining weight... and my previously comfy pants feel like abdominal tourniquets.
but I will walk and drink and keep the faith that I am not a metabolic freak... i.e., exercising more, eating less WILL work, even for me.
DD is coming for Thanksgiving (we are going to a quaint town a couple of hours away... for a mutual change of scene) and I want to be able to waddle or walk for some shopping at least.

Radiation treatments are going well, but I am already tired of the routine... and have 20 more (or so) to go... at least til December 1.

I am subscribing to this thread so I get the summaries... but y'all'll probably change the name and I'll be lost again. hmmmph.

Kiwonk
11-02-2005, 04:18 PM
I found a thread of people all complaining of the same pain I have under my rib. Every one of them was wondering what it was. They'd been checked out, diagnosed (differently), treated and it persisted. The best guess is that it's stress. I am so sick of stress.I've had it too. I kept thinking "heart attack heart attack!" but fortunately I talked myself out of it, because I knew damn well it was stress.

Little Jet, while certainly a source of stress also, is functioning as predicted as a stress-reducer for me; I feel much less wound up in knots than I did before I got her, most of the time anyway. I think she's only a source of stress for DH, but since he's my #1 source of stress, this is only fair. Example: today he went by the high school guidance office to pick up a copy of DD's grades from last year (my fault of course for losing them regardless of what happened to them). So when he came home he informed me that the guidance counselor said DD should have all her applications in by Thanksgiving. :eek: I asked why did he say this? And he started getting all defensive -- he didn't ask why. So, all the colleges have Dec. 31 or later deadlines and the guidance counselor contradicts this and Dh doesn't care why; we should follow this advice willynilly? Because this guy has been soooooo helpful in the past :no: ? So instead of getting any information, we got into an argument. Case closed.

Darling CowP, are you telling me you have never done a backup? Ahem. That is very very bad :nono: Shame, shame, shame. I will send you all the photos you have sent me if you want (well, it may not be 100% of them, but all the ones I still have on here somewhere).

.and soon there will be puppy play dates arranged.! Fortunately, we have one friend with a new puppy in our area that we can occasionally visit, but no, there won't be any play dates coming out this -- we live way too far away from these folks to do that! Takes an hour and a half to get there :shrug: I'm lucky that Jet is very friendly and "appropriate" for a puppy, as the instructor said. (I think he meant "relentlessly obnoxious in trying to get other dogs to play" :lol: )

We'll try to hold off on changing the name of the thread, Painty. Well, at least until we can't stand it anymore! And always a warning at the last message, jah? Great that your dd is going to be home for Thxgvg!

Whatcha got, Wabbit? You contagious? Sounds a lot like what DD had. Only lasted a day or so. Hope you's all better. We haven't put out candy for trick or treaters since the first year or 2 we lived here. But we buy it anyway :lol: We used to go to a friend's house so that we could answer the door occasionally.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
11-02-2005, 08:29 PM
DS went to doc and barely missed being stuck in the hosptial for 2-4 days with a tube going into his chest to release the air. But a new xray showed the lung was much higher. Still, he has to get another Catscan and have professional xray readers look at this. They're actually asking questions about early emphasema in the family.

Me .. stress .. how'd you make it go away Kiwi. ????? thanks for the pictures. I'll let you know when I have the programs to receive them. No office products, etc on yet.

Painty, that's why I request that when somone changes the thread, that they say so in the old thread.

Kiwonk
11-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Wow, I hope this thing with DS gets cleared up soon. That is certainly worrisome.Me .. stress .. how'd you make it go away Kiwi. ????? Furry pet = stress reliever. For me anyway. Dogs do better than cats because they are generally more interested in you. Knit more kitty helmets!

PainterWoman
11-03-2005, 02:58 AM
Peaches... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for quick, successful, and inexpen$ive treatment for DS AND major stress reduction for you!
(Don't want TOTAL stress reduction for any of us, because I think that only happens when you're dead.)
Sweet kitty is a stress reducer, too... except when she's unwinding yarn or threatening a hairball deposit!!

Schatzi
11-03-2005, 11:35 AM
pAINTY!!!!!!! I spewed my cawfee on that line "abdominal tourniquet" :lol: GAWD..That's exactly how some of my pants feel... Along with the dreaded "camel toe " effect... TMI eh? I hopethat this is the last of your treatments :goodvibes ..I tried that subscribing thingie..never works fer me :shrug:

Speaking of clothing as torture devices... Peachie, could it be yer bra is too tight? or the ole flabflap laying too heavily on yer rib cage... :sumo:

Wabby: :coach: Report for Duty: Beauty Update Required: Soooo, tell us how fabulous your New Doooooo is! I have the Grind and Brew Cuisinart But how wish I had the one you have.. a cup at a time.. nice n fresh cawfee.. Mine is a pain in the arse to clean.

Bagz must be busy De-halloweenizing her estate.. probably take her all week!!! Sheesh! I can't wait for the Christmas EXTRAVAGANZA, the house of a thousand lights, 16 xmas trees, each with a theme of course! heh heh...

Kiwi: oooooh I had a heck of a morning with my 2 furkids... It was the Canine version of the Great Escape..(now then Darby had gotten out the other day.. my neighbor next door found her in his shed.. I looked at the yard, found no obvious escape hatches..ok so maybe she slipped in the house, and maybe I left the garage door open and she scooted out... I dared NOT tell DH.. he would have ranted at me and of course I was not vigiliant and its all MY fault..) sooooo.....this morning, I call DH over to look at these most unusual birds.. just Gohjis!...and Ken says..Where are the 'girls' (since of course they would have been going nuts running after them..) I get the DEER CAUGHT IN HEADLIGHT LOOK.. :tired: . we go outside: no puppies: Inside: under the beds, inthe garage: no puppies... Ken hops in the truck... finds them 2 streets over.. Brings them home: Darby dodges him and OFF LIKE A SHOT!!! I'm in our neighbors back yards... I see her: I call her: she comes...just sooo far... I figure okay let's see if she'll listen...DARBY SIT (miraculously she obeys) DARBY WAIT (my god, she is staying..) Scooped up and home she goes... Well, We found the escape Pod: A loose fence board.. heh heh.. Well Ken promptly nailed it down.. so the yard has been pronounced SECURE..How ya can love an animal so dearly...still amazes me: My heart was in my throat, near tears thinking they were puppynapped or run over.. or lost forever..
Ken is "punishing" them with his I'm still annoyed, I shun you act..Me: There Dogs --Terriers at that! Whatcha expect at least they came when you called them..hmmphf, now I am suppose to "train them better"..(duly noted. :s: )
Ah well off to do my chores...

Wabby
11-03-2005, 12:07 PM
Peach, hope DS's catscan shows improvement. How is he feeling overall?

Hairdo report - Aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!! What was I thinking??? It's blonde. Not blonde in a pretty way, blonde in a slightly red undertone way. In a 'it will show definite grow out in 3 days' way. Sometimes you need to know when to leave things alone. I liked my lightly golden highlights hair - why couldn't I just leave it alone? I have a feeling that I'm going to have to go in for a Schatzi style "color correction".

Schatzi, I know what you mean about runaway dogs scaring the bejezus outta you. Why do they worry their mamas so?

Today is the classic gray, rainy, stormy, wet, wet, wet Oregon day. I know theres a sun up there somewhere, even tho it's hard to believe when I look out my window. I can't whine when I know all our guys are working outside in it. Well, I can whine to youz guys, but I wouldn't dare whine to them.

Is it sunny in your world today? :sunny:

Schatzi
11-03-2005, 12:40 PM
A Crispy Nippy 65 degrees, Cobalt blue cloudless sky, full sun..with a gentle breeze...
here in Nerth Caroliner!

Schatzi
11-03-2005, 12:45 PM
OH WOE FOR WABBY! At least you found something you did like with yer loverly golden hilights.. go back go back!!!!! I feel your pain love...I would love golden highlights myself but I fear my hair is too dark brown with red highlights as it is... I don't think I can take anymore head /hair trauma !

Cowpernia
11-03-2005, 02:23 PM
Shots, when you reply and you don't use the Instant Reply thing, you can find an option that says "Notification Type." You leave it on Instant Notification and it lets you know when someone posts on this thread. It doesn't let you know when they open a new thread.

Wabbo, are you blonde like Martha? I have Martha on so I can feel at-one with Kiwi. Very snowy picture. Is it snowing in Maine?

DS acts ok. How could he know about this stuff? I mean if a 17-yo kid has a lung that can't expand becuase of air, is he supposed to be able to tell that? It's just accidentally that they discovered this thing.

Cowpernia
11-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Painty, DS is insured. It's just me who isn't.

Schatzi
11-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Testing that thar notification option. Thanks CowMartha

Kiwonk
11-03-2005, 02:38 PM
Tis a gray and snowy typical November day here is Maine. And my hair is similar.

I'm so "out of sorts". I think that's a good way to put it. I can't seem to get anything done and the messy house is closing in around me. Sometimes I stand in the kitchen thinking I should do something and then I got all hot and bothered and give up. Oy.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
11-03-2005, 02:42 PM
I watch Martha when I cook dinner or do dishes. Seems appropriate. Sometimes it's interesting, sometimes it so funny to see her try to act like a normal person. That halloween show -- good grief.

Schatzi
11-03-2005, 02:46 PM
oh Woe for Kiwini...I know how yer feelin... today I am in a brain fog, and have no desire to do anything but watch Judge Judy..I farted and schelpped about all day today in my normal mismatched crapclothes... sigh.. yes indeed once a house turns into a one giant messy room, it's quite overwhelming. Dr Schatzi orders you a margarita/wine/or beer in yer Fancy glass ware, Take out for dinner, put on yer slippers and a Schmatta,... tonight a hot bath with perfumy stuff and bubbles.. and TOMORROW YOU SHALL CONQUER THE WOILD!

Schatzi
11-03-2005, 02:49 PM
Oh Woe for Cowpie...no insurance.. got mysterioribberritis...things MUST get better for peachiegirl...
and since I must leave my PC.. I'll throw in an Oh Woe for Painty and Bagzz..just in case...

Off to watch Judge Judy! She's the boss Applesauce!

Wabby
11-03-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm takin' the Dr. Schatzi cure myself tonight. Except I don't know what a Schmatta is. Clarify, please.

I've only watched the new Martha once since she got out of the Big House. And no, Peach, I'm not blonde like Martha because she looks like she could possibly be a natural blonde and there is nothing natural looking about my hair.

I'm so bored I've been surfing the Amazon website looking for good books for the Grandbaby's collection. You know she'll need special books for Grandma's house. I also bought another kitchen appliance. Somebody slap me. This time it's a 9 cup Kitchenaid food processor. I've always wanted one. It was on sale. Plus free shipping. Plus the $25 fall discount. OK. I admit it. I'm a boredom shopper.

Kiwonk
11-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Dr Schatzi orders you a margarita/wine/or beer in yer Fancy glass ware, Take out for dinner, put on yer slippers and a Schmatta,... tonight a hot bath with perfumy stuff and bubbles.. and TOMORROW YOU SHALL CONQUER THE WOILD!Sounds like just the prescription for my scattered self! I'll bite, what's a Schmatta?

I'm making notecards. maybe I should put them up for sale. Like I'd ever get that done. These are for Music Boosters. Since I'm the secretary, I have to send out thank you notes. And I couldn't bring myself to use the icky ones that had been passed down to me from the last sec'y. Mine are tres artsy, n'est-ce pas?

kiwi

Kiwonk
11-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Cool. KitchenAid. You know, I was going to be able to afford stuff like that by this time in my life, until the Cheezits hit the fan and DH became a bum. Oops, I mean until his company went bankrupt and we became a statistic. Life ain't fair.

On the other hand, a puppy jumping on your head is some compensation. I was crawling under the desk to retrieve one of her balls when she launched herself onto my back and started burrowing in my hair. Heehee.

Kiwi

Schatzi
11-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Verrrrry Avant GArde kiwi! I like the geetar one... The blurry one made my eyes hurt...
OY! Vhat's a joisey goil ta doooo.. Lushie would know what a Schmatta is...
It's Yiddish for a RAG, a housedress...
The Jersey dialect is full of yiddish terms... like Bagel, loxs, and a "schmear"..
ya Nudniks (YES,another Yiddishism! ) my god between my German and Yiddish, I'm downright multiLINGUAL!!!!! and you haven't even heard my EyeTalian yet!

CIAO for now................baked ziti awaits

Schatzianna

PainterWoman
11-03-2005, 11:28 PM
There is nothing like a puppy on your head when you're looking for his ball..... :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
My computer has been loading SO slowly lately. It says it doesn't need defragging... I've been getting rid of spyware and adware... and it is slow slow slow. surely I'm not getting any faster.

Cowsie... glad that son is covered, even if you aren't. Keep us posted on his treatment(s).

I was actually down a smidge today... probably because I hardly ate anything yesterday. I MISS MY REFINED FLOUR AND SUGAR. :devil:

I finished another baby sweater for a shower I'm going to. I wish there were grandbabies in my future. In the mean time, I tell myself I'm "practicing." Will post photos when i find the stash of fresh batteries for my camera.

I guess I don't have much to say... I'm off to watch the late news... already missed Jon Stewart... will settle for K. Olberman later. Is there a grass roots movement we can join (heaven help us if I have to start it) to insist that Americans tell the truth, stop hurting people (even creepy terrorists) and using more than our share of air, water and fuel? Or just think things through to their logical conclusions rather than "hoping", "praying" or assuming that everything is fine?

Schatzi
11-04-2005, 07:21 AM
Painty: Such a talented soul you are! I only made one thing via crocheting - I started with a grandiose plan of a Queen size blanket. It ended up as a lap blanket with uneven ends. ...sigh... I haveta get back to no sugar or flour myself.. I've been very bad with my eating and feel downright "buddahesque" both in how I look and think these days...I did go for a 3 mile hike with our neighbor/landlords the other day.. I miss my daily walks but here in this development all the roads are cul de sacs.. B O R I N G... and the Jersey Guard is up thinking that if I walk in a huge park alone or in the woods I'll be assaulted. When I told that to them they looked at me quite oddly.. ah these country folk ! I need to change my mind set and May... just may take the fur kids to the park next week for a nice hikette. With Cell Phone, and a can of mace of course!
Ah, perhaps we are set for another round of 60's/70's mass protests... I do have the feeling that the Bush admin is imploding! He has lost of a lot of political capital and probably is borrowing it from the Chinese heh heh.. Which suits me fine... I hope for a lame duck 2nd term...it's better than him getting laws passed that favor huge corporations and the rich... Out of touch with the common folk just like Pappa Bush was...It appears that the moderate republicans are distancing from him and the neocons are loosing steam.. I "belong" to www.moveon.org.--it's a tad tooo liberal left, but I try to keep up on the Spin on the Bush network (Fox), CNN (love lou dobbs) and so move on offers yet another perspective.
Kiwi: " Cheezits hit the Fan"! That is Funnnneeeee!

Schatzi
11-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Kiwi... Wizardress... How do you do that multiple quotes from 1 person...and quotes from Multiple cows in one message? Do you open multiple windows? I seem to only be able to capture 1 person, 1 message in its entirety.
enlighten me oh Guru

Wabby
11-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Kiwi, the only reason I can afford anything is because I trade my life for sitting here in this office every day. If I paid someone else to do it, I would have no $$$$'s so here I sit and complain about how bored I am. I'm on the fence as to whether or not it's a good trade off. Besides, DH thinks this place would fall apart without me. Ha.

Schatzi
11-04-2005, 12:56 PM
Wabby, I assume you are in your own business... That's FANTABULOUS!! and ..hmmpf, you QUESTION the fact that the place would indeed Fall apart without yer presence???? Afterall, you are a woman... and VE all Know it is us that keep things togetha dahlink!!! At least yer your own boss, so who's gonna yell if yer chatting to cows and reading a book or knitting...
anywhhhhhooooooo: Seems like the herd has once again left early for the weekend ... woe for me.... no buddy to tawk ta.

Wabby
11-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Youz cows have a good weekend. DH and the rest of the crew here are working on Saturday, so I have to be quiet about the fact that ...... it's the weekend!!!!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: Ohmagosh! I'm so glad!!! :hat: :bravo:

PainterWoman
11-05-2005, 02:53 AM
I did great on my "program" today... until I got the nibbles and indulged in :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :o
But otherwise, I feel good. And look I am attaching a photo of what I just about finished.... (slippers need pom poms or laces or something... and hat needs bells!) :smug:

Schatzi
11-05-2005, 09:32 AM
Painty, That outfit is adorable! I agree , The hat and slippers need "something"

bells or a pompom for the hat... or maybe some little bows on the shoes..

Nibbling? If that's your only slip up you're doing great darlink!!!

I spent yesterday being a mini tornado cleaning this "crackhouse" ah I just love when it's all sparkly clean. Got a "care package" ready for one of my friends that's over in Iraq... Poor girl, she is a clean freak like me and of all she has seen over there, what "bothers" her most is that there is so much dirt and filth... so Clorox bleach, Febreeze, sani wipes, hand sanitizers were part of her package.
Today, I think we are going to explore downtown Raleigh... if not, I think I shall play another nancy Drew mystery game or do some needlepoint..

Kiwonk
11-05-2005, 11:48 AM
Painty, that's so cute!!! Bells, hooray for bells! :hat:

Kiwi... Wizardress... How do you do that multiple quotes from 1 person...and quotes from Multiple cows in one message? Do you open multiple windows? I do, indeed. I use Mozilla Firefox, which allows you to open "tabs" in the same window in lieu of separate windows if you want. So whenever I want to reply to a quote, I open it in a new tab. And if I want to include more than one in my message, I do a lot of cutting and pasting. It has gotten pretty quick after doing it for so long.

Painty, 2 things I've had slow up computer loading, that you might want to check into. One is Norton Security/Antivirus -- man, that's a buggy program. And the other is if you have too many files in any primary folder, such as the desktop or My Documents. If you take those files and divide them into subfolders, sometimes you find things moving faster.

I subscribe to this newsletter from People for the American Way (http://www.pfaw.org/pfaw/general/) and another one about separation of church and state called DefCon America (http://www.defconamerica.org/) -- they can be pretty satisfying reading. I also get newsletters from John Kerry, and they are not at all enlightening or useful, frankly. Just breast-beating.

Kiwi

SugP
11-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Psssst! Hi darlings. I can only post in secret for fear of having the top of my head sliced off with a machete. Dh is on two weeks holidays (he starts work again tomorrow - YAY!) and has been on the "you love the internet more than you love meeeeeeeeeeee!" trip. :mad: Ahem. We are just not very happy campers right now. The inventors of matrimonial bliss can just stuff it if you ask me.

I'll be back tomorrow - you are all adorable and hilarious.

Schatzi
11-06-2005, 04:40 PM
Sniffle SniffleSUGAHSNOOOOOOOOFLE ..We've missed you
Sigh!
I've noticed this trend with this herd... seems they all stray away on the weekends...
comeback moooowettes

Cowpernia
11-06-2005, 06:12 PM
1. it is only Wabbo who disappears on weekends. Bagz is gone because Bagz has a real life with lots of kids but normally she can be here.

2. I am not hardly sick. Here is how:

2a. I called my yoga teacher and told her I was stressed and in pain and all that. She devoted the whole 1.5 hours to relaxation. I know some people did not like that and that made me tense BUT that night for the first in a week, I was not in pain.

2b. DS's aunt told me to watch a mindless tv show and my stress would be gone. OK! Remember when you were a kid and you (or someone else) got a wart and an adult would say, "I"ll buy that wart from you for a nickle." The kid got a nickle and the wart fell off. Power of suggestion. Yay for it.

3. I still have a big butt.

4. Trying to reach ex to tell him about DS I encountered a busy busy busy busy signal then a ring with no answer. Frustrated, I emailed the aunt and asked her to tell him. Then Hurricane Wilma came and she didn't get the email. Meantime, I talked to him. When the power came up, she got the email, shared it with another relative, who said something to ex and I got a call from ex telling me not to talk to his relatives about DS. Only to talk to him. Welllll, no good deed goes unpunished because talking to him was my goal. He still pushes my buttons.

5. I am so sick and weary of people asking me if I have a job. Isn't that rude? I mean if someone has bad news, do you keep pushing it in their face?

Schatzi
11-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Ah, Cowpie ..you are in the loop: forgot that there are babie calves to attend to...
Glad that the pain of mysterioribberitis abates with some stress reducing activities

My Butt is bigger

Your intentions were good...and pure..tough darts to him. U R right and he is Wrong.

I don't think people want to revel in your bad times.. I think it's a normal question ( I get it alllll the time...) and not meant in a mean spirited way.. .. Say you are looking hard, any leads they have is most appreciated.. and Buhbye now...

PainterWoman
11-06-2005, 10:34 PM
Cowie-- I agree with Shotz... people who ask (even dumb questions) care! And if ExH wasn't available how does he propose you get in touch with him? Perhaps he'd get a dedicated phone line... then you'd both know if he was being evasive!

Kiwi-- thanks for the suggestions about folders... I probably keep too much "stuff" and don't empty the trash often enough. And sure enough, Norton is the anti-virous DH has gotten us. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

DS uses Firefox, I think... it seems new-fangled to me and I don't' know how to back up Netscape/Windows... so I'm not messing with what isn't (very) broken. :?: :?:

Bells and I-cord for the had and "slippers"!!

TTFN

Cowpernia
11-07-2005, 11:25 AM
Thanks, Painty. I guess they do. Some of them. Some don't. Some just think they look good by showing concern. I have a personal fear of getting a job and then having to tell ALL OF THESE PEOPLE that I made $2.11 an hour shelling peas and washing cats. It really is personal. There's a wonderful wonderful woman I know who has cancer and other problems and I know that some people, at least, won't ask her for an update regularly so as to not drag her down. I feel it's sort of the same thing.

You know I'd like someone to look at me and tell me my hair looks good or I look good in the color I have on ... something sort of uplifting.

Speaking of hair, was going to get a haircut today but I have the stomach flu or the stomach stress. Both ends if you know what I mean and actively volcanoeing. Hope you didn't catch it from me. Hope DS didn't either.

Schatzi
11-07-2005, 11:39 AM
I finished one of my needlepoint projects... Sandpipers by the shore...
Thanks to Kiwi, I done learnt how to post them...

Feel better CowP.

Wabby
11-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Beautiful work, Schatzi and Painty. I've pieced the top of a baby quilt and as soon as I manage to get it finished I'll have to post a picture. It's not as impressive skill-wise as your projects, but I hope Grandbaby will love it.

I saw the best movie on Saturday. The Shop Girl w/ Steve Martin (who also wrote the story) and Claire Dane and another young guy I can't remember the name of. A very poignant love story. Claire Dane was fabulous in it. I went w/ my friend to the Cinetopia theatre. I'm spoiled forever now - I'll never be able to watch a movie in a regular theatre again. I had a very strange experience, tho, I suddenly felt strange so I told my friend I was going to get some popcorn and a coke, and when I was in line I realized that if I didn't sit down I was going to pass out. I managed to get myself to a bench, and I did the old head between your legs thing for awhile, managed to get myself back to my seat in the theatre and after a bit I felt ok. I have no idea what that was all about, but it was quite strange. Maybe low blood sugar or something?

On Sunday DD and I went to a Christmas craft and food fair. Very crowded, nothing exciting to buy, but we had some good mother-daughter time.

Sugar - marital bliss is one of those things that comes and goes. You can't always expect it to hang around all the time. My DH gets that clingy thing going on when I read. I can be in the same room w/ him while he's watching tv, but for some reason he feels excluded if I have my nose in a book. Oh well, too bad, so sad. I just can't always sit through another old western movie to keep him happy. I guess I should be happy he wants me hanging out with him.

Peach, hope the volcano has died down by now.

Happy monday, everybody. :^:

Kiwonk
11-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Psssst! Hi darlings.Now imagine him unemployed for 16 months out of the past 3 years. :yikes:2a. I called my yoga teacher and told her I was stressed and in pain and all that. She devoted the whole 1.5 hours to relaxation. I know some people did not like that and that made me tense BUT that night for the first in a week, I was not in pain.

2b. DS's aunt told me to watch a mindless tv show and my stress would be gone. OK! Remember when you were a kid and you (or someone else) got a wart and an adult would say, "I"ll buy that wart from you for a nickle." The kid got a nickle and the wart fell off. Power of suggestion. Yay for it.

3. I still have a big butt.
2a) Yay for you asking for what you need from the yoga class!! Not to worry about the others, it's not like they suffered from it.
2b) Never heard of that one. The one I've heard of is that you should peel a potato and throw it out the back of the house, and then you'll be rid of your warts. Or something equally silly. But effective. But mindless tv has other advantages, for people who are worried about stuff -- it is an escape for the brain, pulls the plug for a little while. A little vacation for your head.
3) Yeah, well. Join the club.
4) Ex is a doodoo head.
DS uses Firefox, I think... it seems new-fangled to me and I don't' know how to back up Netscape/Windows... so I'm not messing with what isn't (very) broken. :?: :?: Not that I'm suggesting that you do, but if you're concerned with saving bookmarks/favorites? They can be automatically imported into Firefox.

The Sandpipers are real purty, Schatz.

That intestinal thing seems to be the latest fad. You are on the cutting edge, Peaches. DD is still getting over hers -- she was only sick for a day, but she hasn't had an appetite for a week. Unusual for her, and she can't exactly afford to lose any weight. She said she was down to 114. I'm keeping tabs on her, just in case it's something she's not talking about, but I think she's being upfront about it. Can't help but worry, eh? Guess I should go watch some mindless TV or throw a potato out the door. Huh?

Will tell you later about my fun weekend. Nothing like fainting at the Cinetopia (if this happens again, you go see a doc, m'dear :drill: ), but very interesting nonetheless.

Kiwi

P.S. I'm pretty sure that shelling peas and washing cats pays more than $2 an hour. Especially if you can do them at the same time.

Wabby
11-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Yeah, snappin' beans pays $2.

Schatzy needs to come up w/ a new thread title.

Schatzi
11-08-2005, 03:24 PM
How NOW my leetle Cows... okay I'll start a new thread as commanded by Princess Wabbinah... I'm feeling a bit in the mood for Chinese food today..so look for a cow appropriate thread. Poor Painty, the wondering surfin cow... I' m sure you will find us love..
;

Bagzz
11-08-2005, 03:33 PM
yesssssssssssS THIS HALLOWEEN CRAP HAS GOT TO STOP ---I HAVE CHRISTMAS DISPLAYS TO PUT UP IN THE DAMN SHOP!!!!------GET WITH IT SHOTS!!!!-----we had a nice time in Nova Scotia----the weather was gorgeous and their fall foliage was stunning---i may send around some pics----i have been freaking out at the shop cause i am so confused about how much stock i should have etc and wonder if i have bought too much etc---how the **** do you know!!!---regarding the posts----Painty and Shots!!! beautiful handwork!!! i love the baby set!!! and needlepoint is something i so admire SINCE there is not a chance in **** that i would attempt anything with a needle!!----my dd is doing much better---thanks for your concern---it really helps!!!!----i know what you mean kiwonk about the girls getting too skinny----it always freaks me out when that happens----that is one of the signs that i noticed in my daughter===she lost about 20 pounds over the summer and she wasn't that big to start with---------------ANYway---i have go order some lavender and coconut body cream!!!!i am all out and my customers are yanging about it----LETS GET SOME CHRISTMAS COW ACTION AND END THIS ANTIQUATED THREAD---SOMEONE TELL PAINTY SO SHE CAN FIND US!!!XOXOXOXOXPS---SUGAR!!!!! I HEAR YA SISTER---hurry back!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Schatzi
11-08-2005, 03:56 PM
GADZOOKS U MAD FAT BAGAZAURUS COW!!!! Tooooooo Early for Christmas!!!!!Geez, we aint even hit USA THANKSGIVING YET!!!!! Wheres the turkey and stuffing??? and the corncopia thingies!!!

Dear Santacowasaurus:: in addition to chicken bones, please send some of that thar coconutty lavendar crap to fer Xmas...so make sure you order enuf!! Heh heh

PainterWoman
11-09-2005, 01:45 AM
I found you all! :carrot: :carrot:
Managed to do radiation (14 more to go... last appointment should be December 1st...), see three (count 'em THREE) clients... and then pick up take out for dinner. Had a nap after dinner, then joined DH for some TV, completion of a Lion Brand (read inexpensive) scarf for a craft auction, and now some late night emails... (for me it's early, not even 1 am, yet.)... but I want to get to bed sooner than usual). simmilar day tomorrow.

It has been warm and breezy. Perhaps by the end of the week I'll be able to pull weeds and get bulbs in the ground. Would hate for my dismal outlook to be perpetuated all the way into next spring.

Baggz, did you happen to hear the NPR feature on "fall foliage"? apparently some of those lovely fall colors are toxic to neighboring trees... I think the red ones were the most vicious... something about poisoning the roots or cell metabolisms of other upstart seedlings. Ah, the terror that is our natural environment!!

Hugs to all, sweet dreams.

Cowpernia
11-09-2005, 08:17 AM
Painty, I sent you the LINK to the new thread.