Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 08:41 AM   #1  

Default Got NSV?

I think we should have this weekly! I had a couple this weekend but my kiddos are awake, so I'll have to post later!
Old 10-24-2005, 03:22 PM   #2  

Lately I only have nsv just remaining on program is my big one right now. I walked 3 miles on Sat. and 2.5 today. My new idea in my head is I want to travel 10 miles a day in my basement of course Today I did 7.5 on my stationary bike and 2.5 walking. Misty thank you for being there for all of us and putting in the time and effort it takes to start these threads. I was going to just lurk today but because of you I am here posting away. You are a special lady and I thank you!!!!
Old 10-25-2005, 01:52 PM   #3  

Luflic-Staying on Program IS a BIG ONE!!!!! Sometimes it's really hard. You inspire me! I know plateaus really stink, but you'll be moving down that scale soon!!

I had a great week this week. I knew Sunday I was going out with my family and we'd be eating at Pizza Hut so I saved all of my flex points until Saturday night when I used 5. Then Sunday came and at pizza hut I had one slice of a medium pepperoni pizza and water. I turned down the bread sticks. That left me with target points for the day 30 flex points. I ended up using them late Sunday and yesterday, but I'm ok with that that's what they are there for. I am so proud of myself. Last week our leader asked us to write down something to focus on and mine was to save my flex points for that outing I knew was coming up and I did. I actually committed to something and followed through.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:22 PM   #4  

Whoo Whoo Misty I am really anxious to see if you lost this week. My leader told me to eat my points I always stay under and don't use my flex points so this week I am eating hopefully will preak the plateau can't wait to hear how you do. They give us those points to use so good for YOU! Was pumkinville fun?
Old 10-26-2005, 10:38 AM   #5  

My kids really enjoyed Pumpkinville. My husband and I enjoyed watching all these people forking over $4 for a gallon of cider and $10 for a pumpkin. He figured those poeple make about $60,000 just in the couple months they are open. I'm in the wrong bussiness. But they are primly located not far from Buffalo and Olean, NY. The kids had fun so I guess that's what counts.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:46 PM   #6  

Wow maybe next year grow pumkins
Old 10-26-2005, 01:55 PM   #7  

We did grow pumpkins that was the funny part. We only planted a few so we have about 10 pumpkins, not the hundreds that these people had. But Ours were HUGE! Two I can't get my arms around and the rest were the size of their $7 and $10 pumpkins. It's a cute place. They have different little scenes cut form plywood with characters painted on them. You know the ones you stick your head in and someone snaps a picture? They had a corn maze and pony rides ($3 per person each) and a corn cob gun range (also $1 per 3 shots). They had a small petting zoo with a couple piglets and sheep, three or four chickens and rabbits, and two goats. You paid a quarter for a small handfull of cracked corn to feed the animals. I bet they make a killing off that alone. A huge bag of it cost them about $5. They also make cider and doughnuts, and have a little craft booth. I think they used to be dairy farmers and now all they do is this. My husband said they probably do this to keep the farm afloat LOL! Liek the guy who won the lottery and figured it'd be enough to let him keep farming a few more years
Old 10-26-2005, 02:40 PM   #8  

Misty-We love Halloween and this time of year..we always get a bunch of Pumpkins, hay bails, etc. Well that darned Hurricane ruined everything....we got no pumpkins, hay bails..nothing this year. So awesome that you grew your own pumpkins!!!
Old 11-16-2005, 12:00 PM   #9  

Okay, I'm new to this part of the WW forum...would someone be so kind as to explain what NSV is ?

Thanks ....

Karen
Old 11-16-2005, 12:06 PM   #10  

Sure thing It's a non scale victory (NSV). We like to celebrate more than just the number on the scale...losing inches, a smaller clothing size, making a wise eating choice, even exercise, you can list anything you feel good about.

Feel free to check out our other threads. We have weekly discussions going, weekly weigh in threads, as well as a Chirstmas challenge. Here's our main page

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=180
Old 11-16-2005, 01:14 PM   #11  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Misty, I just wanted to tell you how awesome you are and how much I appreciate you taking such a leadership role here. I appreciate everyone's support and advice and the occasional butt-kicking, but you really go above and beyond. Thank you.

And Marcie, I never did acknowledge your warm, sweet "welcome back" message when I re-emerged -- stuffed and chocolate stained - from my self-imposed exile from the board! Thank you! It's that kind of camaraderie that keeps me from every straying too far for too long!

Last edited by MaggieShines; 11-16-2005 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:51 PM   #12  

AW Maggie Thank you. Being here and posting so much is more for myself though. I have no adults to talk to all day, and DH spends agood portion of his evenings across teh road or in the barn so I am alone for that too. So I am just happy to be able use my brain and have a conversation! Also, being here keeps me on track (or at least aware that I should be on track).

I love you girls and would be so lost without you all!
Old 11-16-2005, 03:52 PM   #13  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey, Sista Girl!!!

I'll add my thanks for all you do in here too, Misty!!!

Maggie, I was thinkin about you the other day, glad that you seem to be back to stay. You know, you don't always have to be doing everything perferctly to come here & post. Just know that whatever problem you're having, someone else on this board knows what you are going thru.
(Ah, Geez, feel like I'm gonna break into a song & dance, or something. lol)
Old 11-21-2005, 11:29 AM   #14  

Maggie-Just glad to see you back..you always have great things to say and I love reading your posts..stay with us sista!

I too want to say Thanks to Misty for keeping us going strong! BIG HUG!

I had a NSV over the weekend and couldn't wait to post it here lol! I had to go shopping for an outfit for a wedding we are going to in a couple of weeks. I have been hating shopping for a while now b/c nothing fits. Infact I wouldn't even try anything on...I would pay for it, try it on at home, and when it was too tight I would keep it and say I will get into it later...well this weekend I tried on 4 size 16 dresses and pant suits and they all fit! I got to chose which one I liked the best instead of which on fit...what an awesome feeling! I even modeled it for DH at the mall which I would have never done before. Anyway...just wanted to share that with you guys...thanks for all your support!!

Love you sistas!!
Old 11-21-2005, 02:59 PM   #15  

Awesome marcie so happy for you!!! Go girl!!!! Size 16 emmm you can now officially shop anywhere!!!!
Closed Thread