Old 10-23-2005, 11:40 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Week of ~~October 23 - 29~~

Hello all I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I have been doing everything but homework. - kinda nice!
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 03:28 PM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone,

A friend was supposed to be coming over for lunch today, but she couldn't make it. I feel so guilty because I was glad!! I've been so tired lately I was happy not to have to entertain her. What an awful friend I am. I was hoping that we would get to check out a local scrapbooking store. My wallet is glad that we didn't make it!

It's a georgeous day here. Finally, after raining all day Friday and Saturday. Alex played outside with DH and wore himself out. He's been napping since about 2.

I did not weigh today. I haven't been horribly bad, but I haven't been especially good either. I am back on track today. I will weigh in the next couple of days and hopefully have a loss.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 09:29 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Been a rotten day here...food wise. First we were supposed to go to breakfast with my brother and SIL and kids for my nephews b-day. That got pushed back to lunch, so we had french toast sticks. We went to Houlihan's for lunch and I planned to have grilled chicken with mashies and grilled veggies, but everyone was getting sandwiches which were less expensive, and since my grandparents were paying, I thought I better keep it cheap (their used to the early bird diner specials!) So I got a grilled chicken BLT wrap...w/cheese instead of T, since I don't like them. That would've been OK, but I had some fries...not too many, and the kicker...peanut butter cheesecake. Two of my favorite things in one. I'm soo weak. Tomorrow's a new day....wish I could stop saying that. Seems like I'm doing good every other day.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 05:20 AM   #4  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!Rough night with the wheezing and coughing which turned into me having to get up to wash my hair and change clothes Now I must to make it today...DH will watch her for a few hours and then we will switch places..The weather changes to cool and everyone gets off base!!!

Lauren--Good luck on a new day!!!
Karen--I didnt weigh this weekend either..I am not ready...maybe next weekend!!!
Keep studying Lisa!!
Off to work!!! Have a great day all!!!
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 02:42 PM   #5  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Hello to everyone ... I have been lurking around the last few weeks ...

As for me, I was sick a few weeks ago, got off track and really feel off the wagon, and I can't seem to catch up with it And worse yet, I don't really seem to care ... I just can't seem to figure out why I sabatoge (sp?) myself ... Luckily, some how I have seemed to maintain (for now anyway) ... I just can't figure out to get my mind back in the right mind set ...
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 04:53 PM   #6  
Husker Girl

Hi!
I have been stress eating.....heavily.....I have a candy jar in my classroom and have been dipping into it today....in fact every time I pass by. I was doing really well...working really hard....went to see family last week and wanted to be LOOKIN' GOOD....well, now that, that is over I have fallen off the wagon. Plus while we were gone we ate out almost every meal. I have a tendency to blame it on the cooler weather and the need to build up my fat stores. Hee! Hee!
Husker Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 05:49 PM   #7  

hello all. I am home from the wedding. It was fun - and interesting. We almost didn't make it. Saturday morning we worked out at the hotel fitness center (I rode the bike for 45 minutes ) and then we had breakfast in the restaurant. I took a bite of dh's waffle (guess I should know better!) and my temporary crown fell out and broke in half (I thought there was a tooth in my waffle!!). Anyway, since I couldn't fix it (tried to get it to stay in with toothpaste; heard that works) we ended up going to an emergency dental care place where they made me a new temporary crown. $206 later I was all set...

I haven't had any more problems with it so hopefully it will hold out until I get my new one Nov. 7th.

Tomorrow I am headed to my sister's for a few days. DH will be out of town and I cannot play tennis and I don't have any courts to build until Friday so off I go. She and I need to make Christmas shadowboxes. We made Halloween ones and sold them in a store near her. This is the sister that I call the 'junk food queen'. I am going to behave. Please pray for me.

Karen - thanks for the sticky.

Lauren - sorry about the job.

Melissa - congrats on making the step to join ww.

RR - are you awake out there???

Norissa - you have beautiful children.

husker - you are not the first person I have heard say recently that the cold weather effects their eating habits.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 05:54 PM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Rabbit, ouch on the crown. I had one done a few months back and it sucked. The cold weather definitely affects my eating...my whole life actually...I would like to hibernate! BEHAVE at your sister's!!

Husker, Glad to have you here! Maybe it's time to put the candy jar away? Or put candy in it that you don't like?

Norissa, Good to see you! Climb back on and get goin', you can do it! Beautiful kids!

RR, Who's doing the wheezing and coughing, you or K?? At any rate, I hope y'all are feeling better soon!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:43 PM   #9  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Lauren---K has the "Reactive Airway Disease" or asthma as they use to call it...SHe is flying off the furniture tonight with ALbeuteral syrup and treatments..I am about to go to sleep but dont know when she will crash...
CornHusker!!! Throw out the candy!!!!!!
Rabbit--I had to have 2 crowns a month ago..I am protecting those teeth like a baby!! THat was no fun!!!
Off to bed!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:57 PM   #10  
hara hachi bu

Asthma is now called Reactive Airway Disease? What was wrong with "asthma"? LOL

Welcome HuskerGirl and Norissa!

I lost 3½ lbs this week!
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 09:28 AM   #11  
Norissa on LAWL

Thanks for the Welcome back and for the comments about my kids, we are pretty fond of them

I am really trying to get myself back into the right mind set ... maybe I am going into my hibernation mind set ?

Lauren - any news on the job front ?
Old 10-25-2005, 11:11 AM   #12  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Morning all. Well, my weigh in day was Sunday. Still the same no loss. But that's ok because I didn't gain so I'll take it. I know it's because I slacked on the exercise that week. This is a new week so hopefully it'll be a better one for me.

Phanta: Congrats on the loss. That's awesome.

Norissa: It's nice to see you. And ditto on the kids. Just beautiful. I can relate to you on sabotaging myself. I seem to do it all the time. I think for me it is a comfort thing. I have just been fat for so long that I am afraid of what I'll look like thinner. I don't really know what I would look like.

Cornhusker: I agree. Throw out the candy or give it to someone else. The cooler weather seems to make us all want to hibernate for the winter.

Rabbit: Sending you good vibes to not touch the candy. I don't buy any Halloween candy. No one has ever come to our apartment for Trick or Treating so we are pretty lucky. Plus my little one doesn't eat much for candy. Gummi Bears that's it. So that's really nice.

Lauren: Just keep taking it one day at a time. The cheesecake would get me too. I love it. I am worried about having Christmas dinner possibly at grandma's in Iowa. She always has cheesecake. AHHH>>

Lisa: Keep studying. Christmas is getting closer. Wow.. 60 days til Christmas. Makes me realize I need to start moving if I want to reach my goal of 17 more pounds.

Gosh I hope I haven't missed anyone. Have a great day all.
AnnieFannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:39 PM   #13  
Husker Girl

Unhappy

The candy is supposed to be as a reward for my students,(maybe I need to move to secondary ed. instead of elementary...there's a solution!) but when they aren't around......I do put things in that I don't like...no choc. Starburst etc., but somehow I "acquire" a taste for the things I don't like. Today I am starting to be strong!!!!!! My new goal is to be looking good for the Holidays!
Husker Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:58 PM   #14  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

I didn't know you were a teacher. Hmmm.. kinda don't want to take the reward away from the students. Maybe you could keep some sugar free candy or something in your drawer. I think if you just could limit yourself to one piece for the day. I know that's difficult. I have been wanting to get some small pieces of chocolate for the house. I told my DH that he would have to hide it so then if I want some I have to ask for it.(Sad thing is he had the same idea of hiding it from he.) Lock it up from me. And I won't be able to overendulge in it. That's the only way from stopping me from eating too many at one time. I love the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Just can't seem to stop at one.

How about putting a sticky note to the candy jar to remind yourself what you are trying to do or to give yourself the motivation/encouragement to say no to the candy. Give yourself some positive reinforcement. It's a thought. You can do it.
AnnieFannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:29 PM   #15  
Norissa on LAWL

Husker Girl - I may have another option for you ... How old are your students ? Elementary age ? How about turning your candy jar into a sticker jar ?? I know my kids LOVE stickers (almost 9, almost 6, and 4 1/2)

Annie - Thanks for the comments about my kids ... About the sabotaging ... I do so well on my plan, I have recently lost 20 lbs ... and then something changes in me ... and I just don't care anymore, and I get so mad at myself ...