Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-22-2005, 07:07 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Weekend Chat - October 22nd and 23rd

Good Morning Everyone,

How are you today?

How is everyone doing with their plans? OP?

Watcha got planned for the weekend?

Since its raining here, I'll mostlikely stay home and clean, cook, and chill. Stuff like that, plus DD isn't feeling well, she's got a sinus infection and a fever that likes to visit her before bed. So that would be it for me lol.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 12:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning leenie and the rest of the gang

Leenie - I'm so sorry that dd isn't feeling well. Sometimes staying home and "chillin" is a nice break from the hussle & bussle. Sorry it is raining tho.

It's a beautiful cool morning here in Louisiana. It was 54 early this morning and it is so nice! DH and I had coffee out in our rockers on the front porch. Yesterday I fixed up a little fall decoration by my front door with fall leaves and pumpkins and a happy/cute scarecrow. Also planted some colorful croton plants in my white planters on both sides of the door. Just thought maybe something colorful would cheer up the place and distract from the missing shingles and messed up siding - oh yea and take the focus off the 4 huge oak trees that are down in the front yard HAHA

Work has been .... absolutely crazy. I can't think of another word for it.

Both of my guys got up this morning and have been sweet and talkative. When they are 21 and 17 you just have to kind of wait for them to be the ones to want to talk and chat, so when they are like that, I stop whatever I am doing and enjoy the conversation.

I should be cleaning today but I am just picking up and washing clothes. I'll do some cooking for supper - just gotta decide what to fox. I have all the windows open and I have green apple candles burning and it is just a huge blessing to be home and to be enjoying the sunshine and the cool breeze.

what's everybody doing today?

hugs & blessings,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 10-22-2005 at 01:08 PM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 01:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

I forgot to mention that DH went and bought a big chainsaw. He and our boys have been working from dusk to dawn cleaning up his customers yards, along with a few others on the side. It is hard work but they are making some good money.

Public schools are suppose to be back in session on Tuesday, and youngest son's college is suppose to start having some classes on Thursday. Hurricane Rita was 4 weeks ago today and most things are still not open or up and running and there are still homes without electricity in Lake Charles. My mom just got electricity this week, but still doesn't have phone or cable tv or internet. She is missing that internet ;-)

ok i'm rambling

later gaters
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 02:58 PM   #4  
I CAN DO THIS

Good Afternoon Leenie, Cathy and Everyone..

Trying to get some cleaning done.. ugg. Still trying to finish moving S. out and then I have to get everything reorganized.. I went and applied for HUD yesterday and I even went to the welfare office to apply for food stamps AGAIN.. I still can't make it on my own with two kids, but hopefully in 6 months when I find my own place things will be better and I wil be somewhat out of debt. I also called the counselor yesterday and I have an appointment to go in next Friday.

Right now I just can't wait for S. to finish getting his stuff out and to just go away... I don't see him at work except for the occasional walk by, and we are going to work out something with him taking the kids.. Other than that I really don't want to see him. I am trying to get through this again but it is a little harder this time.

Other than that I plan on working on me.. I've come to realize a lot about me that I am having issues with and I don't like and want to change..and I NEED To get back to exercising. That always makes me feel good about me..

This weekend is basically picking up the house and moving him out.. Nothing else is really planned.. My girlfriend wants me to go out with her and some friends tonight and I am trying to get S. to watch the kids.. Hopefully he will.. I just need to get out of here for a few hours...

Leenie.. I'm sorry DD isn't feeling well.. My two just finally got over being sick, except for a small cough coming from each of them. Staying home and cleaning and relaxing sounds like a good day..you need it once in a while..

Cathy... A little decorating always helps make things a little better... with all the things you've had going on lately a day to rest is always good... Rambling is good to so don't worry about it when you do.. I've been trying not to but I could go on and on with everything in my head right now and I've just been summing it up with bits and peices of what's on my mind at the time.

The weather here is cool and in the upper 50's - no rain here right now but we should be getting some sometime today..

Well have to go put DD down for her nap and have DS shut of game cube and do his cleaning.

How is everyone else doing and What is everyone doing this weekend??

/hugs
Stephanie
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 08:16 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Everyone,

Cathy, I'm glad things are starting to shape up. I would do the same thing, make it as festive as possible for YOU! Us chicks need stuff like that. Its hard to imagine being with out power for 4 weeks. We are just so spoiled. When hurricane floyd hit us years ago, we were w/out power for 2 days and boy, that seemed like forever. Thats when my DH had 8 feet of water in his shop and the flood waters from the river stopped at my back yard. Pheeeeeeew. I'm glad you are all starting to get back to normal. HUGS.. I miss you.

Stephanie, I'm so sorry sweetie for whats happening in your life right now. Its very difficult for single parents to support kids and a home. My sister's DH left her with 4 kids.. she struggles daily but is making it with the help of my mom. I don't know what I would do, as my pay check couldn't support us either. But what my sister didn't see then was her DH leaving her was the best thing for them. She knows this now but boy, she went through personal ****. What I'm trying to say is, where one door closes, a window opens...just keep your eyes open. Good things WILL come. Hang tight.

I think I see blue skys OMG !!!!!!!!! YES !!! I was just saying boy, I need some blue skys I need to get outside.... GOD IS GOOD !!!!!

I'm cooking some food for MIL and for this weeks dinners, pot roast and some ckn. Got some laundry to do and food shopping...thats about it.

Whatcha all up to today?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 11:32 AM   #6  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Hi Cathy, Leenie, Stephanie. Hope ya'll are good. Boy it sure is quiet in here this weekend! Just wanted to pop in and let ya'll know I'm still alive. I am super busy this weekend so don't have time to read or really post, but I'll catch up with ya'll tomorrow. TTYL
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 02:44 PM   #7  
I CAN DO THIS

Good Afternoon Everyone..

Not much going on today other than cleaning and finding my house.. when all I want to do is curl up in a ball and sleep or cry. One day I feel strong and the next I feel like I can't deal with anything. My two wonderful children are not going to like mommy to much.. I am tired of them not listening and doing what they are told.. My son is getting better and at 7 he should be able to listen with some resistance, my daughter however is 2 and thinks she should get her way and throw tantrums all the time and I am tired off it. I have to start stick to my word.. When I say something I have to do it.. hopefully I can get them to listen and do what they are surpose to :P

Well enough of a rant for now.. I could go on and on today..

I just put DD down for her nap and DS is playing Game Cube.. so I am going to take 30 minutes for just me and read a chapter or two in my book... I am obsessed with this series I have.. I think I've read it 6+ times now and then when I am done a month goes by and I re read it again..

What is everyone else doing this Sunny but cool Sunday???

/hugs
Stephanie
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote