Old 10-21-2005, 11:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Default The bra issue

.. Again!! I can NOT find a bra in my country! I actually tried on bra's for a good two hours today, my back is sore, my boobs have been smashed around.. and they are ready to be held up with TAPE! I'm just frustrated and need to vent, how can 38D be such a ODD size?!?!? Plus size stores don't carry them, skinny people stores don't carry them, dept stores don't have that size either. I had this Lane Bryant Bra, push up, demi cup, fits me like a glove and the underwire popped thru the other day.. I have patched it up for now..

Alright.. I feel a bit better.. but I tell yah, I was so close to crying in that fitting room!!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 12:03 AM   #2  
Opulent

I have had good luck with LB bras in the short-term...they always squeak and fall apart too soon

Good luck in your quest. I take a 42DD-DDD and I relate
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 12:04 AM   #3  

Try a 40C. Never know, it could work.
mousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 12:15 AM   #4  

When I was a 38D, I found this bra at Victoria's Secret that I absolutely loved! It was like a "T-shirt" Bra almost, cotton with underwire, I could wear them all day without getting annoyed! The only downside was that it wasn't padded, so if it got cold it was nipple central, lol:P But that didn't really bother me, I guess it's a personal preference:P Anyways, go inside V.S. if you haven't - I did find other bras in that size there(of course this was like 2 years ago, but still) that worked just as well; have you tried walmart or target btw? such a wide selection, you're bound to find somethng there that works!

Yogini- I am so there with ya! I have bought tons of bras from LB(my favorite of which, are of course, similiar to the T-shirt bra i described above) and the quality is just not that good! Usually after a month or two an underwire pops, or it squeaks(which is so annoying! Darn them for not using metal underwires!) and the squeaks drive me insane! However, they make the boobies look good, so I keep buying, lol.
xostephie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 12:29 AM   #5  
wannaBaloser

Default Bras

There are a dozen ( or more) sites on-line catalogs and you can order your size...I am sure Lane Bryant has a site, try it and see. The downside is, of course on top of the cost is the shipping and handling. Maybe just send them a letter and ask where you can find your size near you. Might just be worth the S&H.

Good luck,

OTBN.... Berne

wannaBaloser
wannaBaloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 01:44 AM   #6  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

I finally tried a bra with a smaller band size and larger cups -- and that did it for me. It took me trying on, oh, about SIXTY bras over the course of three trips to stores, but I finally found a couple!
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 07:39 AM   #7  

I hate bras!! Would never wear 'em if I could get away with it. Good luck, it sounds like you gotten some great advice so far.

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 09:29 AM   #8  

Ugh. Shopping for bras sucks, I know. I'm with Beverly...if I didn't have to wear one, I wouldn't. You might try JCPenney. They have a lot of sizes in their stores & they also have them online. They periodically run free shipping specials as well.
TakinBabySteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 10:18 AM   #9  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Awww sweetie, I totally understand. I hate bras. I hate shopping for them and I hate when they fall apart.

I usually go until the last bra is hanging by a thread, it no longer looks flattering and it's actually painful to wear all day before I go shopping for new ones. And guess what? It's getting that time again.

I highly recommend Bali. You can get them at almost any department store but more importantly, once you know your size in them, their styles hardly change and so you can order them on-line in confidence.
http://www.barenecessities.com/searc...y+2,+Get+2+Bra

My favorite Bali bra is the Minimizer. I've worn this style since high school!
http://www.barenecessities.com/Bali-...2_,search,.htm
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 12:03 PM   #10  

Hey there, I agree, 38D isn't the most common size! 38C seems to be the cutoff for "regular" bras, and not all "full figure" lines carry them.

Of course shipping to Canada may not always be possible, but you might look at the following, some of which have already been mentioned:

www.lanebryant.com
www.jcpenny.com
www.ladygrace.com
www.victoriassecret.com (they tend not to carry more than 36C or 38C in the stores, but online they have a wider range of sizes)
www.herroom.com

Of course the downside to buying online is that you can't try them on, so you may have some trial and error. But, once you understand what STYLE of bra suits you best, then you have better luck. The Her Room site has some good info on picking bras.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 12:24 PM   #11  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

Aimee :: I'm a 38D too. I buy almost all my bras online or via catalog through Victorias Secret. If you know that's your exact size, I recommend ordering one and seeing how you like it.
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 01:01 PM   #12  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenwife
I finally tried a bra with a smaller band size and larger cups -- and that did it for me. It took me trying on, oh, about SIXTY bras over the course of three trips to stores, but I finally found a couple!
Oprah did a show on bras, and finding the right size. They said this exact thing, I tried it and found it worked for me too.

Bras are one item of clothing I always feel I need to try on. Style to style they seem to all fit so differently. You could always try asking the store when they'll be getting a new shipment in. Good luck, mon amie Aimee!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 01:35 PM   #13  

Default The bra issue

Aimee--try Junonia.com. That's the only place I can find bras that fit. Hopefully they will work for you, too.
nancylisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 06:43 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Thanks everyone for all the advice I did it!!! I found a bra!! It was from La Senza, dunno if you guys have that store in the USA, just a cheesy bra/undies store. It worked out to be a 38DD, I've definitely settled, I have a few bulges here and there.. however I have them in this bra as well.. I have a weird body shape. I went to Lane Bryant last time I was in Seattle, I tried on every single push up bra, believe it or not, I need one. Turns out I'm not full on the underside, and need a padding along the side/bottom to even me out. I used to sell bra's and learnt SO much about them.. it was a valuable lesson!

It's odd, I have had this Lane Bryant bra for a good 2 years, and while it's definitely stretched out (I bought the band one size smaller thank goodness), it's lasted REALLY well. We really need a Victoria Secret in my country!!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 07:37 PM   #15  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Good for you!

I'll tell you, watch out for the darned closure hardware on the Just My Size brand bras. I noticed the little hooks bend really easily. One I tried at the store was bent out, and the one I bought just started bending out on one of the hooks. They're terribly designed little hooks -- Grrrr.
I should not have to replace the darned hooks on a bra I just bought, but here I am. Exchanging it for another brand isn't an option, because this bra really fits me great.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote