Support Groups - The Thin Group #56

View Full Version : The Thin Group #56

SandiH
06-22-2001, 10:34 AM
Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2001. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

SandiH
06-22-2001, 10:45 AM
angel-eyes
~Heavenly Body~

IP:

06-22-2001 06:50 AM profile | pm | | search | buddy list edit | quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
aww....no fair...don't want to be #28
Come on....not fair!! I don't want to be #28!! geez...whoever is after me...better copy/paste me...PLEASE.

Hi Everyone. Well....its me...back better than ever!! Sort of like the new and improved version!! sorry for the temporary episode of the customer...but now....FUHGET ABOUTIT!!!!

Since I've been trying like heck, to get back on track ...I weighed myself yesterday to find out that I actually lost 2lbs since not weighing last week and then today.....lost another .5lb. I don't really give a flying hoot if it is water weight...retention or what...I'LL TAKE IT!!! It is enough to re-enforce my committment and focus. So its true.....the good ol' angel-eyes is back!!! If I'm honest, I met some new people in chat/boards lately and "they're down and out....can't start attitude " really got to me. It spurned me on in replying to them that.....if you walk the walk....then it will happen. So in just giving them some tips and adivce; I started to fix my problem. All I know is that I'm pumped, going to try to get a sitter tonight for a workout, and today will be a cinch!! Enjoy the day....looks like heavy rain today, and thundershowers....but I'll be shining!! See ya...bye

With each meal and each day... I will be closer to my goal!

SandiH
06-22-2001, 10:59 AM
Good Morning, The sun is out in full force and that sure makes me happy. Even though we have gone from 90 degree temps to the high 50's. Still better keep some winter stuff out. You never know what will be here.

Angeleyes.....I did bring your post here....don't know if I did it right but it is here. Lol You have the right attitude now. Keep it up and get put of that funk. Nobody is so important that they can make one feel like that gal did you. I will have to check that Kymbras story. They always semm to get one motivated nore when you read them don't thay?

Dreamer....So good to hesr from you. But when are we going to see pictures of that cute little gal. ? Hope your mortgage goes through and soon you will be a home owner.
Julie....Those teenagers sure do go through lots of stages don't they? Remember when you were one? I am sur we didn't maske our pasrents too happy at times either. LOl

Jo....Am glad to hear your friend is O.K. Whata scary feeling that must have bee. And what do you mean ONLY 35 POUNDS??????? That is great!!!!! I oved your story about when you brother brought you in the room etc etc.

Sharon...I too am glad there isn't one of those cheesecake places around here. There may be but I haven't looked and will not look or I woud be there way too much. We are going to see Chrissy your sister in law and your nieces Em and Ellie this weekend. Chrissy said Papa wants to meet us too. So maybe we will all go to lunch. Can't wait to get there. I love that family like they are my own.

Tatter-baby....Good job on those new pants fitting. You must be doing something right.

Chrissy.......In about 24 hours we will be leaving to come and see you. Am so excited and can hardly wait. Have the red carpet ready for our arrival. LOL Maybe we can plan lunch with Papa when we get there if that works for you guys. We will leave here about 9a.m. Love ya.

Judy.....Hope things are not too hard on you guys. I still have you and Cal in my prayers. Post and keep us informed. We miss you here.

Off I go. Have to babysit before I go to work .Don't mind at all though. Love them grandkids. Love to all....Sandi

Jello
06-22-2001, 11:35 AM
Good job Sandi, you brat!!! ;)

I came in this morning all set to post and then I read Angeleyes' post and realized it would make me #29 and responsible to start a new thread. :eek: But I'm too chicken!!

So there, Ms. Bratty Sandi! I let you win. :p Now who's the brat? Nyah! Nyah!

(Just kidding, of course. Love ya, Sandi!)

Anyway, TGIF to everyone! I know I'm glad of it. My boss has been in Germany all week and I came in this morning to find a voice mail message that he wanted me to fax something over to his hotel on Thursday. Uh, he left me the message at 8:00 Thursday night!!! Can't this bozo figure out the time difference? It was, what, about 2AM where he was! What on earth was he doing up leaving me annoying messages at that hour!?!? :mad: Next he goes on to India of all places. Don't know what the time difference is there. Just glad he doesn't have my home phone number!

I've been doing a lot of walking over the past couple days. Unfortunately, I seem to be doing a lot of snacking as well. Don't really know why. I've been craving chocolate lately and I'm really not that much of a chocoholic usually. Can't even blame PMS. Don't know what's up with that. :?: Hope whatever it is, it passes.

Well, speaking of walking, I have to go to the bank at lunch time today and am hoping the weather holds out so I can walk. It's really not too far, only about a 10 minute walk, but the past few days have been so hot and humid and today we're supposed to have thunderstorms. Can you imagine me getting caught in a sudden downpour and then having to spend the rest of the day dripping all over the floor? :lol: Could be interesting. With the way they crank up the air conditioning in this building, I'll end up with pneumonia!

Gotta run. Stuff to do. Only 6 and a half hours till the weekend!
Much love to you all!
Jo.

Trish
06-23-2001, 11:15 AM
Hi everyone!

Drum roll, please! ....... I've lost 4 lbs. this week for a total of 21 lbs.!:spin: My clothes are starting to feel loose. It's a great feeling!

Hope all of you are enjoying your weekend. I'll stop back and post a longer message later.

Trish

angel-eyes
06-23-2001, 12:04 PM
Good Morning Ladies.....Since I've re-committed last week...I've lost 2.5 lbs !!!! It's true!!! I read an article that stressed the importance of protien at every meal. It also went on to say about eating a small meal every 3-4 hrs to prevent a drop in your blood sugar. I haven't been doing meals...but have included regular morning and late afternoon snacks and most recently a bedtime snack. And.....(drum roll...) since doing that....I've lost 2.5 lbs.
So....coincidence?...dunno....I have also been drinking more water; instead of my usual 12-14 glasses, I've been drinking just over 16 glasses. And..I haven't been excersising. I tried several times to make it to the gym and it never quite worked out.
GOOD FOR ME!! THIS IS JUST THE EXTRA PUSH I NEEDED TO HELP ME GET AND STAY ON TRACK!!! Hope everyone enjoys the weekend. Not really sure just how much I'll be posting next week as we are on holidays.....yippee!!! See you later, bye

Jello....too funny!! Mrs. Bratty Sandy?... lol lol Well anything to be #29....haha, thats why I asked to be pasted to the new thread.... (thanks Sandy)

Trish....CONGRATULATIONS!!! Another 4lbs....great work!! Keep it up!!

Gail
06-23-2001, 06:11 PM
Hi Everyone!

Gosh, I'm sorry to have been away all week, but it has been real **** week around here. My husband, Ken, has been in the hospital most of the week and besides running back and forth with that, didn't want to tie up the phone line(we only have one line)by being on the internet, in case they called as they were waiting to do surgery.

All in all, he came home late yesterday without the problem really resolved so has to return for more imaging on Monday. It is a very large kidney stone that cannot pass on its own. Very painful, but will eventually be okay. Just lots of turmoil and needless to say I am not doing well once again.

Darn it, everytime I get going, something happens and I get off track again. Guess i will have to learn to roll with the punches a bit better. I really dread getting on the scale - probably give myself a heart attack. I haven't given up though and am hopeful that I will get with it soon.

Jo, Good Luck with that chocolate craving. That's a tough one to beat. :D

Trish, that is just terrific how well you have done. It just goes to show what determination can do. Good for you!

Angel, same goes for you. Way to Go!

Sandi, you are getting to be an expert at starting the threads now. When CJ gets back, you can give her a run for her money. :lol: Lucky you, too, with that win on the slots. You are sure lucky at gambling.

I know there were many posts on the last thread that I can't see to reply to, but hope everyone is doing well.

Judy, my prayers are with you and Cal and your family. I think of you often. {{{{{{{JUDY}}}}}}}

Take care all of you and will get back in the groove soon. Love, G :)

Julie
06-23-2001, 10:34 PM
Hello All and happy Saturday to you.
I was here earlier and read the posts. Very tired tonight because we worked very short today so I wasn't going to walk. Niles was too tired and my girlfriend unavailable. But after reading the posts especially Angel Eyes I had to go. My dad gave me a Richard Simmons walking tape so I threw it in my walkman. He also gave me a talking pedometer that is really cute. It told me that I did 1.26 miles in 30 minutes. Now I feel that I accomplished something today.:D And aren't I cool:cool:
Sandi: YOU Are getting to be an old pro at starting this aren't you. ;) I hope that you and Chrissey are having a great time.
Angel Eyes: You are inspiring. You have a great attitude. See what you did for me today. :angel:
Jo: Sounds like you have a very strange boss. He certianly jets all over the world doesn't he? I hope that you were able to make it to the bank without getting soaked. I love to walk but if anyone saw me tonight they would have had me committed. I was listening to Richard and laughing as I was walking down the street
Trish: Congrats on the 4 pounds. That is just wonderfull:spin: Keep up the great work.
Gail: I hope that your husband is ok. It's really hard to try to pass a stone. Kinda like giving birth. Has his doctor explored soundwaves? It is supposed to be fairly pain free. They are trying it here at Yale but I don't know how common it is. Best of luck to him amd you.
Well ladies I conned Niles into picking up Sean so I have to go make his lunch now. Have a good weekend all. Love, Julie

angel-eyes
06-25-2001, 09:18 AM
Hi Ladies....just heading out the door for the start of my holidays. Today dh and I are going to spend the day in Montreal. The kids are still in school until tommorow ....so it'll just be the two of us. Looking so forward to it!! YIPEE...and yes....all my snacks, water, and some extra bits are packed for the drive to make sure ol' Tim Hortons doesn't call out to me!!
Last night I went for a run. My block where I live is 1.5km. I felt so good to be able to run it...now it had been almost 2 wks since I ran it before so I had to walk one house length,,,but because I walked a bit...I ran around some more. Came home just dripping of sweat, can't say thats happened before!! It felt really good. Sort of made up for not making it to the gym. I ate really well all weekend and am hoping for the same this week, as we are on holidays. Hope everyone had a great weekend. take care, bye

Jello
06-25-2001, 09:24 AM
Oh, it's Monday already. Yuck. Guess what I did this weekend. Put a big hole in the side of the house!

Actually, it's a good thing. Rich and I have been talking about redoing the kitchen and we decided that we didn't need that window and could use the space for cabinets. We're also going to knock out the wall separating the kitchen from the dining room so there will be lots of light and space. Also the kitchen door is right next to the window. So anyway, we took out the window. Actually, I went to WW and came home 2 hours later to find a big empty space where the window had been! Rich was gone (one of his 4 trips to the hardware store) and my cat was eyeing the great outdoors. Anyway, we (OK, mostly "he") did a really nice job and we only have to put new shingles on the outside. (We had waited on this project until we were sure we could get replacement shingles.) Looks pretty good so far. But once again, the "couple of hours" job has taken a "couple of days". Hope it doesn't rain today or tomorrow! :^:

As I mentioned, had my weigh-in on Sat. Lost another 0.6 lbs. Slow but steady and that's OK with me. Have to weigh in on Wed. night this week and have to admit to being really bad Sat. and Sun. but I'll face it as always. Thurs. night I drop off Watson with mom and dad. We were going to leave for camping Fri. night but decided to wait until very early Sat. instead. Easier driving, easier to set up the tent in the daylight, etc. Easier on Jo's nerves too. :dizzy: One of the other couples we were going with had some flood damage and may not be going. The other couple is the sister and bro-in-law of the gal in the first couple. (Did that make sense?) Anyway, she never does anything without her sister so they may not show up either. Rich and I have decided that's just fine with us. Just going to take a couple good books, my camera and my walking shoes.

Yes, I will be walking and exercising and drinking lots of H2O, I promise. My next Sat. weigh-in (7/7) is the official Battle of the Bulge final weight. Then I have to collect money from everyone who pledged. Hoping to hit them up for at least 5 bucks (most pledged a dollar a pound). Right now it's 4.6 lbs but I sense a gain coming on Wed. Guess this just means I HAVE TO be good while camping.

Well, I've rambled on about ME long enough.

Trish, congratulations on the great loss!!! Keep up the good work!

Gail, sorry to hear about your hubby. I've heard how painful they can be. Hope they can do something for him. Hugs to you too! {{{GAIL}}}

Angel-Eyes, congrats to you too! You certainly are back on track!

Julie, I didn't know Richard had audio tapes!! I just love his video tapes ... even though I can't always keep up. I'll have to look into that! :)

Off to work now I guess. Wonder what today will bring. Geez, what a scary thought!

Hope you all have a great day!
Much love, Jo.

Sassy
06-25-2001, 03:46 PM
Hey Thinsters this is just a quick note while I have a few minutes.
I have been gone this weekend. My girlfriend from gradeschool and I met in Dayton for our annual girls weekend. She lives in the Cleveland, Ohio area and this is the second year we have done this and plan on doing it each and every year as well.

Had a great time, shopped at the Dayton mall and went to a couple of flea markets as well. So came home with the car all loaded down with bargains. We ate out and sat in the hotel hot tub with our glass of wine and just had some great talks about old times and new times.

But now I am on my way with my husband Ken to St Louis, Missouri for his work. He will be there for an RV show with his company, Cummins Engine Co. He just decided just now to drive rather than fly and said I could go with him for a couple of days. So why not? We will leave as soon as I pack. I will see you guys when I get back and will post again.

Oh one more thing, before the I left the other day for my Dayton trip I had a phone call from Miss CJ. She called from her cabin. She says to say "HI" to everyone and she hasn't been able to get near a computer, just been busy getting things done for the cabin. I guess wiring it ect. So she misses you Thinsters and will post when she gets back which I think is sometime next week. I was soppose to post before I went but was in such a rush cause I had a girlfriend overnight from New Mexico that used to live her staying with me and she was in the computer room and I didn't want to disturb her cause she had quite a hangover from the night before when we all went to Applebee's to get together with her. Not me thought I didn't drink and felt fine. But by the time I took her over to her sisters where she is staying than it was time to hit the road for my Dayton trip. So here I am telling you that CJ misses you guys and I know we all miss you too Carol.

Well time to go so I will see you in a few days when we get back. Oh ya hope you had a great time Chrissy and Sandi and did you have lunch with my Dad, Papa? Hope it was a good one.

Gail, thanks for the email and will connect soon when I get back.

Love you guys, Sassy Sharon :D

SandiH
06-26-2001, 09:14 AM
Good Morning,
Will be back after my Dr. appointment to post more....but for now I need to take a little survey.
How many of you gals know what a "GAZING BALL" that you put outside in your yard is?
I will explain later . Talk to everyone later. Love to all....Sandi

Jello
06-26-2001, 09:35 AM
Sandi, gazing balls are actually pretty popular around here. So are (if you'll pardon me for being possibly sacriligeous) bathtub Mary's. (Statue of Mary with a cement "tub" in front of her.) Anyway, I've thought about buying one or two small gazing balls and the little concrete holders for them and putting them in the garden. Um, why do you ask?

Well, didn't get much accomplished on the house yesterday :( but I spent some time on the treadmill :) so the evening wasn't a complete loss. Just hoping for the best at weigh-in after work tomorrow.

Which leads me to an observation. Lots of you guys talk about how you walked for 20 minutes and did a mile and a half or how you walk a couple miles for an hour each evening, etc. How in the world do you do it!? I always thought I was doing OK on my treadmill but last night for example I went 1 mile and it took me almost half an hour. Didn't realize I was so "pokey". :^: Well, at least I'm getting some exercise in.

Rich had an idea yesterday and now we're trying to find a bike rack for the car so we can take our bikes up to the campground. There are plenty of paved roads in the area and not much traffic. I never thought of it. Could be a great idea - a nice ride before breakfast in the morning.

I have to go now. No, I mean I "have to go" now. All this darned water!! :lol: Talk to you guys again soon!

Much love, Jo.

Blunder
06-26-2001, 10:30 AM
Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts. I wish it wasn't so, but I really need them these days.

Cal's daughters came from Calif. and stayed for 10 days. They were a lot of help while here, but pulled a real ugly stunt and had to leave in a hurry before their dad asked them to get out! (details later) It's a shame that Cal will die with bad feelings for them in his heart.

My daughter and grandaughter have moved back in with us. She has a full time job so she's not around much of the time. My grandaughter, Allura, is 11 yrs. old and a real joy (most of the time). She's a real good little helper with grandpa.

My son, Dean, and his little family are on leave from the Navy for 2 weeks and drove up from Houston, Tx. He has been just wonderful at helping move his dad from the bed to the wheelchair and back to bed when he gets tired. Right now it's early morning , (daughter hasn't left for work yet) they're doing the cleaning of his bottom for me so I can vent with you guys.

A Hospice nurse comes by 3 times a week to check his stats and well being. A nurse Aide comes 5 days a week to bathe him and change his bed. On the weekends he is all ours.

Yesterday he got some movement back in one of his legs! Still no feeling below the knee but he can bend his knee. We all are excited about that! Dean has promised him that he will find a way to take him to a fishing derby at a small lake about 2 miles from here on the 4th of July. Haven't quite figured out how we will get him there in his wheelchair with all the tubes and bags he has attached, but where there is a will there will be a way! He knows he won't be able to stay there very long but he sure is looking forward to it.

His sister and BIL from Ohio are due in here sometime today. I've only met them one time, many years ago. Isn't it strange how years and years go by without anyone coming to see you and near the end everyone suddenly finds the time and money needed to make the trip?

My weight is a non-issue now. I think I'm below 260. Haven't been on a scale in weeks. Just not enough time to even think about it now. I'm sure proud of all of you for showing losses though! Maybe after all this is over I'll be able to get started losing again.

Thanks to everyone for staying in touch with me. I love you all.

Hugs, Judy

SandiH
06-26-2001, 03:04 PM
Her I am with the real post now. As you know we went to visit Chrissy over the weekend and had a very wonderful fun time. Ate dinner at a very nice seafood place, had Mahi which was excellent. We also went to visit Chrissy's mom Mary at the nursing home. She is a sweetie too.Went for a bike ride after. Chrissy's new home is so very nice. I like it so much better than her other one. She has a nice Florida room that I could spend lots of time in if it were mine. I guess she does .Sunday we had a busy day. Met Papa (Sharon's dad) and Jerry (Sharon's brother ) and went out for breakfast.They are 2 very sweet people. I liked them from the start and so did my hubby.Then we went to the cemetary, then the lake then home for a cookout and Papa and Jerry came over for it too.That night we went to the Greektown casino and guess what? I won $300.00 on a slot machine. Chrissy was sitting next to me and couldn't believe how calm I was. So all in all we had a really nice time.
The reason for my "GAZING BALL" survey is that we got Chrissy one for her yard with t he stand and she nor her girls had never heard of them. And as we drove all around her area we only saw one other. I love them. I even yelled acroos to her neighbor if he knew what it was and he didn't either. Guess they aren't very popular there. I told Chrissy she will start a trend. LOL

JO.....Isn't it the truth. You start a job that should take an hour and it always turns into 4 hours and many trips to the hardware store.I bet it will look nice when done. Thanks for your esponse on the gazing ball. I have never heard of the bathtub Mary thing though. Good job on your loss at ww. Have a fun camping trip.

Gail...Very sorry to hear Ken is not feeling well. I hope they can get the stone removed so he will not be in too much pain. What procedure will they use? I'll say a prayer for you and him.

Julie...Hey!!!!1.26 miles in 30 minutes is a pretty good pace. I try to get to a 12 minute mile but it is really hard to do. I am happy with a 15 minute mile. But I seem to do better on the treadmill at the gym than outside.

Trish...Lokk at you go!!!Another 4 pounds. Don't you just feel so great when those clothes get looser? Keep up the great job.

Angeleyes....You are on a roll too.Keep up whatever you are doing as it seems to be working for you. 16 glasses of water a day? I would need to buy stock in the Depend Company if I ever drank that much!!!LOL I know they say you should drink to lose the weight but as lots of gals here know I never drank the water. Not as plain water anyway.

Sharon...How nice that you still keep in touch with your gradeschool friend. Sounds like you had a good time. What apleasure it was to meet Papa and Jerry. Soon they will be to visit you they said.

Judy.......It is nice to have some of your family there to help you and Cal during this time. Sorry to hear that his daughter left in a huff. That is too bad. Yes, isn't it always strange how when others seem to know a loved one may not be around long they seem to have this feeling they need to visit all of a sudden. It happens to everyone. It is so nice that your son will take Cal to the fishing derby. I am sure even if it is for a short time he will enjoy that. You are still in my prayers.{{{{{{{JUDY}}}}}}

Once again I don't have to go back to the therapist for 2 months so the meds for my panic/anxiety attacks seem to be doing the job of which I am very grateful. Talk to everyone later. Love to all...Sandi:wave:

Julie
06-26-2001, 10:28 PM
Hello All,
After working the weekend my day off was today. My girlfriend came down and we had a girls day of walking on the beach and a nice lunch. It was just what I needed. We did 2 miles but were foolish to do it in the heat of midday. Got a little too much sun but I usually turn brown in a couple of days. I am not a sun lover, don't lay out in it but if I am walking or working in the yard I enjoy it. I am proud to say that I have walked 4 days in a row. :D That's great for me.
Angel eyes: I hope that you had a great time in Montreal. I think that I would kill myself if I ran. Have a hard time just running to cross the street.
A fast walk is the best that I can do.
JO: Sounds like you have quite a remodeling job going.When I am walking I don't realize how far I have gone, especially if I am walking and talking to someone.Now that I have quit smoking I can actually walk and talk at the same time instead of huffing and puffing.Have a great time camping. You will get plenty of exercise if you bring your bikes.
Sharon: You certianly are a busy girl. Hope that you had a good time at the RV show. I used to enjoy going to them.
Sandi: Sounds like you had a good time with Chrissey. Wish that I were there. Gazing Balls are very popular here. I plan to get one for my garden this summer.
Judy: We will keep Cal in our prayers and you in our thoughts. You are being very strong in a really hard time. Good luck to you both.
Time for me to put something together for lunch tomorrow. Have you gals tried Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches??????? Only 2 points and just yummy:devil: :devil: :devil: Take care all. Love, Julie

MK
06-27-2001, 12:32 AM
Hi ladies.:) How are all of you doing? I haven't been here much because of work. I just seem to be so tired. I will be going on vac. on the 30th. I think when I get back I will try and get myself tested for diabetes. I should not be so tired. But anyway I will weigh myself when I get back. My period is due and I always put on pounds for the few days. Of course it is due to start the day we leave. I am hoping it suprises me and starts tomarrow. At least the worst days would be behind me.

This will be the first trip that my husband and I have taken alone. I hope I don't come back to spazed out cats and a mess to clean up. OR that my son and daughter have gotten into with each other. My MIL is going to check in every day with them. Yes I know that we all have to let go, but if you knew my kids (20 and 23). When they get along everything is fine , but when they start fighting with each other:( Oh well, once I get on the road everything will be okay:^: Then I just realized we will be traveling on a holiday weekend. I try not to do that. To many crazy drivers out there. I will check in when I get back.

Congradulations to all that have lost weight and to those who are trying. Have a safe and wonderful 4th of July. I will be in Missouri right around ST. Louis. Take care . Love you all. Mary Kay:love:

Jello
06-27-2001, 09:23 AM
Good morning and happy hump day. Well, girls, Jo is once again obsessing about weighing in. I'm not as bad as I used to be but I still get all keyed up. I'm going to have a gain this week. Bad weekend and not enough time to make up for it. And last night I was so bad! :( Had to run some errands and then instead of going home and hopping on the treadmill as planned, I sat in the VFW and drank beers. When I finally did go home, I laid in bed and watched TV while the treadmill sat there going "Yoo hoo!!! Uh, Jo, aren't you going to use me!?!?" Not.

I find myself thinking "I'll start tomorrow". Like for example, I will weigh in tonight and get it over with and I keep thinking about how I'll have to do really really well for my next weigh-in on Sat. (July 7). I have this really great goal that I'm going to be at 165 or lower by then. That means I have to be down 1.5 lbs. from last Sat. but I'll also have to make up for any gain I see tonight. Do you think 3 or 3.5 lbs. lost after a week and a half of really intense dieting, exercise, water, etc. is too much to ask? I'm trying to stay realistic but I'm also trying to motivate myself.

OK, I'm rambling. Sorry. Tend to do that at this hour of the morning. And occasionally during the rest of the day too. :lol:

Hi MK! Glad to see you back! :) I say just enjoy your vacation and don't worry too much about things at home. (You can worry about them when you get back. :^: ) Seriously, sounds like you can use a good vacation. Just be careful about those "holiday drivers". Rich and I have decided to leave very very early on Sat. AM and will probably come home on Tuesday instead of Wednesday.

Julie, you're like me. I like getting just a little tanned and "healthy looking" but don't have the patience to lay out in the sun. Can't be good for me anyway, right? Your walk along the beach sounds wonderful. I'm not much of a beach person but love to walk along the water's edge, etc. Wish I lived closer to the shore.

Sandi, you've got me thinking about gazing balls now. I've even got a perfect spot for a small one. Hmmm. Maybe when we get back from camping...

Judy, you around? How's it going? I'm sorry to hear about the problems between Cal and his daughters. What happened?? :(

I guess I have to go. I'm sitting here thinking about all the stuff I have to do at home while I'm sitting here at work. Don't you hate that? I have to worry about packing and laundry and buying some stuff, etc. Of course, Rich is saying things like "oh, I'll pack before we leave on Sat. morning" and "yeah, I'm sure we have that but if not, we'll get it later", etc. Men!

Hope you all have a good one.
Much love, Jo.

Trish
06-27-2001, 11:06 PM
Hi!

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. Not much new to report here. I'm still keeping a food journal and doing pretty well at staying within my daily points range. I weigh myself on Friday and hope to lose a couple more lbs. I'll report back on Friday and let you know how I did.

Jo, you can lose at least 3 lbs. in a week and a half if you try hard. Come on, you can do it!

MaryKay, I hope you enjoy your vacation with your husband. What do you plan to do in Missouri?

Julie, you are doing so well with your walking! Keep up the good work. Are Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches in the grocery store?

Sandi, it sounds like you and Chrissy had a wonderful visit. I've noticed some gazing balls at the local nursery this year, so they must be getting popular here too.

Judy, I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. I'll remember you and Cal in my prayers.

Sharon, I hope you are enjoying your trip to Missouri.

Gail, sorry to hear Ken is not feeling well. I've heard that kidney stones are very painful.

I've got to go fold some laundry. I'll check back in on Friday.

Trish

Jello
06-28-2001, 09:07 AM
It was worse than I ever imagined. In 5 days, Jo managed to gain 2.8 lbs!! :cry: I almost died. I found myself thinking that maybe the scale was off or something. It's not the WW place I usually weigh in at but really. I thought maybe a pound or so but almost 3!?!?! So I've figured it out and I have to (OK I really WANT TO) lose 4.2 lbs. by Saturday July 7. Possible? Only if I'm perfect. So perfect I will be.

Maybe it's a good thing that our friends won't be coming camping and it'll only be Rich and me. Only good food and Rich playing "trainer" for me. Won't be going to the little towns near-by for a beer at the pub or ice cream at the little stand.

I CAN DO THIS!!!!

Today's going to be a challenge. A bunch of us are going to the local chinese food buffet. OK you guys, what can I eat!?!? Already decided to drink gallons of water and had only a banana for breakfast. But I forgot to check the WW book about which chinese foods are better for me than others.

Hm, guess I'll have to go check the WW website. They should have something listed, don't you think?

I apologize for this rambling "ME" post but I'm trying to hold off the panic....

Stay tuned.....

Love you guys.
Jo.

SandiH
06-29-2001, 01:29 AM
Hi Everyone,
We will be leaving at 4 in the morning Friday night to go up to the cottage in Wisconsin. So I won't be around for a week. It should be a fun time as our daughter and hubby and 2 kids will be going with. They will bring the speedboat and the JetSki. I will stick to a relaxing ride on the pontoon boat. It is really very nice and peaceful there. Very relaxing.Hope we we have good weather.

Jo...Yes, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!! Just get that mind set to it. Have a fun time camping.

MaryK....You also have a good relaxing time on your vacation. You deserve it as you work so hard. Easy for me to say, but don't worry about the ones at home. I know though. Us mothers eem to always do that.

Trish....How did you do when you weighed Friday? I am sure you did well as you stick to the program very well.

Chrissy......You also have a nice trip to see your niece Mary in Seattle. I am sure she is as excited as you are.

To everyone....HAPPY 4TH. OF JULY!!!!!!!!! Love Sandi

aivlys
06-29-2001, 02:59 AM
:wave:

Hello ladies-

Well, I wrote a nice long post and wouldn't you know it, I went to submit reply and pouf, gone. :mad:

Oh well. Yes, I'm still around. Still walking 20 minutes every morning and afternoon and still trying to lose weight. The difference is that now, it's a different kind of commitment. My husband and I want to have a baby. I would feel better if I lost about 15 pounds before I get pregnant but, I will work on losing weight until I get pregnant. My fear is that my weight is going to interfere with my fertility. I keep reading all sorts of reports on that and it's starting to scare me. We shall see what happens ...

Jo- Don't give up, you can do it! Hang in there!!

Gail- Sorry to hear about Ken's kidney stones. I hope he feels better soon!

Judy- I'm sorry to hear about Cal and his daughters. You and your family are in my prayers {{{{{{{{JUDY}}}}}}}}

Sandi- Sounds like you and Chrissy had a good visit.

Mary Kay- Enjoy your vacation, try not to think about your kids (I'm sure it's easier said and done) and have fun.

Sharon- I hope your having a good vacation!

Well ladies, I've got to run and get some beauty sleep :yawn:. I'm sorry for not addressing each of you individually. I may not post that often but that doesn't mean that I don't think of all of you (fondly I must add).

Hugs to all!

Sylvia

Jello
06-29-2001, 09:23 AM
Well, this might be ;) my last post for a few days. Boss is due back in today (wouldn't you know it) and things are sure to be chaos. So far today I've had at least 3 people tell me that they're going to need me to do something for them "first thing this morning". Get in line, folks.

I have to get out of here on time tonight. I haven't even begun to pack. Rich hasn't gotten the camping gear out. We don't know what food we're taking or if we have it all in the freezer or have to shop. It's not like me to be this unorganized! :eek: Took Watson up to mom and dad's last night and didn't get home until after 9:30. Woke up later than usual this morning and couldn't get anything done. Augh! I still keep swearing that we're going to leave by 5 or 6 tomorrow morning. Just going to need lots of caffeine.

The bad news is that I got to my parents' house last night just as they were sitting down to dinner. Yes, I did join them. No, it was not pretty. Don't know what I was thinking but I just couldn't get enough of "Mom's Home Cooking". Being the anal compusive that I am, I went home and weighed myself. So I didn't sleep much last night worrying over this weight loss thing. Yes, I'm that neurotic. :dizzy:

Well, I know that some of you are already off on your vacations and holiday trips. Hope you're all having/had a great time. To everyone else, I send a slightly early Happy Holiday!!

Much love, Jo.

Trish
06-29-2001, 11:22 AM
Good Morning! :)

I lost 1.5 lbs. this week. I had hoped to lose more, but I'm satisfied because I lost a lot last week, and as long as the weight continues to go down, I'm happy.

It sounds like a lot of you are either on vacation or planning to go on one. I hope you have a wonderful time!

Jo, don't weigh yourself after you've had a big meal! You're setting yourself up for disappointment. Have a great time camping. Where are you going?

Sandi, your trip to Wisconsin sounds wonderful. I love to go boating, especially sailing.

Sylvia, glad to hear from you again. Good luck with your weight loss and getting pregnant. Post with us again soon!

Have a great weekend! :cool:

Trish

ginabob
06-29-2001, 02:58 PM
Hey Everyone. Sorry to be so silent. I have had a lot going on here lately. And in the category of best birthday ever this day is a 10!!! :) I am just having an incredible day. I even woke up in a good mood and that NEVER happens! I figured I'd be all depressed today but it's been unreal. I can't see anyway for it to get any better. . . wow I'm like obnoxiously happy :D :D . . . I think I'll go ahead and reply to some of these posts and see if I can tone it down some.

Trish - Way to go on the loss. I agree down is definitely good.

Jo - You can definitely loose that much but you will have to be pretty strict with yourself. If you want it badly enough you can totally make it happen!

Sylvia - Sounds like you are doing great. That walking is going to make you a very healthy and hopefully soon to be pregnant gal! :)

Mary Kay - Great to hear from you. I bet that vacation will be just the trick to help you feel better. If you even think you may have diabetes I'd get tested as soon as possible. The longer you wait the more damage your body can possibly do to itself. It's better to know about something like that. It could also be a Thyroid thing - that can sure sap your strength.

Julie - Your girls day sounds like fun. Good job on all the walking. Keep it up and you'll be at your goal in no time at all.

Sandi - You lucky girl. I never win anything like that. You and CJ! :P

Judy - I'm still praying for you. Sorry to hear about all the trauma with Cal's daughters. I hope they come to their senses and realize how precious this time is before it is too late.

Well I was hoping to address everyone but it looks like I actually have something I'd better get hopping on. Happy 4th everyone if I don't get to post again.

Gina :cool:

Julie
06-30-2001, 11:34 AM
Happy Weekend All,
I haven't been here in the last couple of days because my daughter Nicole was hit by a car Wed night. You would think that at age 18 she would know how to cross the street but she was late and not paying attention. Thankfully the worst of her injuries are a few broken teeth. Her body is a mass of scrapes and bruises but they will heal. The teeth can be fixed so we are all very greatfull. I think that her grandmother was watching out for her. KIDS!!!:dizzy:
I did manage to go to my meeting Thursday night only to fond that I had gained a pound. Oh Yuck :mad: :mad: Ok I won't give up. That's what happened last time. But this is really hard. I either want food or a cigarette. Which one is worse??? :nono: OK OK I won't do either but at least I could whine a little bit. That's done. ;) Till next time.
MK: It's scary leaving kids alone but they are adults. Hopefully they will act like it. Have a great time on your vacation.
JO: Have a great camping trip. Don't sweat the small stuff and in the grand scheme of things weight really is small stuff:)
Trish: Congrats on the loss.:D Be very proud of yourself. Skinny cows are in the bigger grocery store and taste like carvel flying saucers. They fill that icecream urge on a hot summer night.
Sandi: Have a great vacation. Your cabin on the lake sounds wonderfull.
Sylvia: Best of luck on your quest. It's great that you are still walking every day.
Well ladies sounds like I am one of the few who are home and working over the holiday. To those going away have fun. And to those of us not we will manage to have a good time anyway:p :lol:
Take care all Love, Julie

Dreamer
07-01-2001, 05:29 AM
Okay well I finished my Uni papers on Friday, found out Charlie is ifnally gaining weight on Thursday so I can keep exclusively breastfeeding, so with everything on track I went to WW on Saturday and joined.

160.8pounds. Yech.

So Sat was day 1 and so for two days I've been on program and gone for a 20 minute walk both days as well. Tomorrow it is back to the gym. Here we go girls!!! :)

Jo - tell you what - you go 100% OP and I'll do it with you. I'd like to lose about 4.4pounds by July 7. Here we go!

Sylvia - I wouldn't worry too much about yourweight getting pregnant, just keep eating well and walking and you should be just fine! Remember it can take up to a year. My friends whose twins are now 5 months old (my gosh it flies!) is a 'bigger' girl and she had NO problems obviously!! :)

Julie - Glad to hear your daughter is okay. Mine is only 2.5months old but I have already turned into a worrying freak. 'tis motherhood eh?

Okay well must be off, but I'll be back every other day from now on. I've thirteen weeks til I go back to work and 13 kilos (28 pounds) to lose. I can do it!

Love to all and it's great to be back amongst my friends :)
Sam
160.8/160.8/132

angel-eyes
07-01-2001, 11:39 AM
Hey Ladies.....I'm back from my holidays. Actually didn't travel anywhere....but did lots during the days and nights. Dh and I even had 2 whole days by ourselves...that in itself was WONDERFUL!!! It felt like a mini honeymoon.....(wink wink)...if you know what I mean! We went to the beach, picked fresh vine ripened strawberries, ate out, went swimming at friends, didn't clock watch, went shopping leisurely, had bbq's, and slept in.
WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR?

Hi Ladies..I didn't quite make my July 1st goal....but I did feel I gained some in my general health.

1. I am now weighing in at 202, but feel a satisfaction knowing I have run for 10 minutes on the treadmill.

2. I have increased my hand held weights and still can do my 3 reps of 15.

3. Went swimming several times and actually didn't dread putting on my swim suit.

4. Have also started to run around my block (1.5km) In the beginning I was walking more than I was running. And now...am almost running the whole block, one and a half times.

5. Although I am still at a plateau,(yes for 3 months now) feel like I have met my first summer goal of 35 lbs lost, and now am ready to step up the challenge and lose some more.

6. I am up to the challenge of the second phase and will definitely do what I need and want to remain focused, motivated and committed!!

Hope you all have a safe July 4th....and see you soon!! Keep up the great work!!
I haven't had a chance to get caught up with all the old posts...but I know you all are doing so well. Keep up the good work!!

ps...Julie, so glad to hear that your daughter will be all right. That is one of a parents worst nightmares!!

CJ
07-02-2001, 06:26 PM
Hi Guys:

I am here for a little bit …. Couple more days then back to the cabin for the rest of July. My MIL’s 90th birthday is July 4th, so am busy getting all ready for her party. 90 years and still driving too! Dick’s sister is her from Oregon – haven’t see her in many years! And our daughter will be here from Traverse City … unfortunately we can’t get all our kids home at one time.

Our daughter from California just had her 1st baby – we have a new grandson, Brandon Lee. He was born June 28th, 7 lbs 15 oz. Well, that makes 9 grand children now.

Weighed in last Thursday at 9 ¾ lbs (1/4 lb from getting my 10 lb ribbon) but I’m still staying OP and that is what is important. 2 ¾ lbs has been my biggest loss so far! I feel positive that this week I will have my 10 lbs ribbon … then 8 more lbs for my 10%.

I’m going to try and address everyone as best I can – if I miss anyone, please forgive me ok?

Sandi: Good going girl for starting this thread 2 times in a row! But so sorry, I’m going to break your streak here and start the next one myself … don’t want you all to forget me you know ….. Hope you have a wonderful time at the cabin in Wisconsin ….

Trish: 4 lbs!/1.5lbs! Great job! Are we on a roll or what? You are doing great – keep it up.

Angel-eyes: sounds like you are on a roll yourself! Glad to see you back. And full of pep and vinager on the excercising too! Good attitude!

Gail: So sorry to hear about Ken … hope he is feeling better really soon.

Julie: Julie!!!!!!!!!! How good to see you back with us! I am so glad to hear from you! Missed you loads. Don’t dissappear from us again ok? Really am glad to have you back! And congrats on quitting smoking! I know it’s rough, but better for you in the long run. So sorry to hear about your daughter, but so thankful that she is ok. Pretty frightening tho, huh.

Sharon: Was great talking to you! Are you still in Missouri??? Hope you are having fun! Talk to you soon …

Jello: Hope you are having a fun time camping … did you get to take your bikes? We took ours with us at the cabin … even took them out one night for a nice 12 mile ride! What a workout!

Blunder: You and Cal are in my prayers…. I am so sorry for all you are going thru right now … and so sorry to hear about the problems between Cal and his children … he certainly does not need all that along with everything else. Hope the kids realize this and make up. We’re here for you Judy, don’t forget that.

MK: By now you are on your vacation – hope you are having a wonderful time too …. Did you run into Sharon??? She’s in Missouri too! Or was … hahahaha
Don’t worry too much about the kids while you are gone .. I’m sure everything will be just fine – especially if G’ma is checking in! Been there, done that! And we still have a house standing! Have a good time!

Dreamer: Good to hear from you girl. Glad to hear things are going well with you and the new one. Pictures?????? Hey, my daughter just had her first June 29th – a boy … my 9th grandchild. Brag…brag…brag… Good for you going back to WW …. You’ll be down before you know it … eat right now, don’t try to lose too much too fast ok?

Tatterbaby: Welcome to the group and I hope you post with us often so we can get to know you. You will love these gals – theya re the greatest!

Well, got to go …. But will TRY to post one more time before we leave again (this Friday morning). Unless I get on my friends computer, you probably won’t hear from me again until the end of July. Don’t forget me!!! Love you guys!

Love, CJ

CJ
07-02-2001, 06:28 PM
#29 ..... see ya on #57!