General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-20-2005, 08:18 AM   #1  
Teri

Default It's working for me...

Hello everyone! I hope that I can post this and not break any rules, but in June, I joined Curves for Women. I recently began a 7 week weight management class there, Actually, I am in the 4th week (it's a 7 week class) and so far, I have lost 11 pounds. Like SB and Atkins, it has 3 phases but unlike SB and Atkins, both of which I have tried, it has been very easy to stick with it. The class cost me about $70 but I am also getting free things at every class, i.e-the weight management book complete with 7 weeks of preplanned menus, a protein shake bottle, a tote bag, Curves vitamins and a set of motivational CDs and there is more free things to come, I am sure. One of the women in our class lives an hour away and does not belong to Curves but the owners have alowed her to take the class and work out 1 day each week and not join the club. The owners are very nice people and maybe all owners wouldn't accomodate someone like they have but it would be worth looking into. Even though I have only been doing this for a few weeks, I have noticed a definate change in my mindset. It has been very easy for me to resist temptation. I feel very positive about being successful this time. Thanks for listening to me and I hope I have offered something that may be beneficial to someone else. Hve a great day! God bless all of you and I wish you all enough. Teri
terbear1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 02:46 PM   #2  

Teri: Great post and congrats on the WL. I also wish you enough! Thanks for reminding me of that. Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 10:37 AM   #3  
Back Again!

S/C/G: 290/270/180

Height: 5'3"

Congrats on your weight loss!! Pat yourself on the back

A friend of mine from TX had some success with Curves. I live in a small town in LA and the Curves here is also small. I went once for a "trial" several years ago and there was only 5 or 6 pieces of equipment, arranged in a circle. I decided not to join at the time because I wasn't sure if that was the norm. Is there more equipment available at the Curves in your town?
kaliannah is offline   Reply With Quote