Old 10-19-2005, 11:51 PM   #1  

Default WATP which is your fav?

Ok so I've been hearing tons about walk away the pounds and figured since I live in Iowa and we get tons of bad weather that I would give it a shot.

What's your favorite WATP DVD? If you could only buy 1? What would be your second choice?
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 12:15 AM   #2  

If I could only buy one, I would buy the 4 mile Super Challenge. I love it the most. I'm not a big fan of walk and kick but pretty much like the rest about the same. 4 mile is my ultimate favorite.

Just my two cents,

Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:30 AM   #3  

Thanks for your input. I was going to go out and buy one today until I discovered that netflicks carries exercise dvds. I think I'll give it a shot that way first so I can see which one I like.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:39 AM   #4  

4 mile super challenge. That is the best... and to be honest it is 4 exercises in one DVD/VHS.

For a second choice... I would add something other then WATP. I got a couple dance exercise DVD's. There is tons of different stuff to choose from.
TMunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:49 AM   #5  

Default Watp

I also try the exercise videos on Netflix and then if I like them I will go get them. Also check ebay sometimes you can get a used one for a great price.

I only have the 1, 2 and 3 mile WATP but might have to go get that 4 mile and give it a try.
Sherry327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:41 AM   #6  

I just noticed all of the exercise videos on Netflix!!! Thanks you guys for the heads up on that!! I never new that lol. My hubby is going to hate me hahahahaha.

Ebay is a good place!! I ordered some of mine from there. I try to stick to the new and unopened packages though. But before you buy on ebay check out www.amazon.com because sometimes they are cheaper there. You can also check out www.lesliesansone.com.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:01 AM   #7  

Tracey actually it was a post on here that I learned about netflix so I'm just passing it along.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:12 AM   #8  

You can find tons of great info. on here for sure! I new about Netflix... but I never new they did exercise videos lol. That is awesome!!
Old 10-21-2005, 07:57 PM   #9  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

Default Firm Up Fast Walk

Anyone have or have tried Firm Up Fast Walk?
Cheree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 10:23 PM   #10  

No Cheree I haven't so I can't help you.

I did buy the dvd the walk diet by Sansone. Yesterday I got only a half mile done. Today I got the whole mile! I'm so proud of myself since I'm only 7 weeks post knee surgery. I also bought the walk and kick one today. Haven't tried it yet though.

I went on blockbuster.com and rented a couple of dvds as well.

I've been putting them in the computer when I do them and I'm finding that's helping better because I can easily see how much is left and it keeps me motivated to keep going.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:33 PM   #11  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Here's another vote for the 4-mile Super Challenge. That's my favorite also. You don't have to do the entire 4 miles to start, if you need to work up to it. I just think the energy level and music are MUCH better than those of the WATP tapes -- it's a little less chatty, and I like the participants better as well.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 08:50 AM   #12  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Would you suggest the 4 mile Super Challenge for even a beginner to WATP. I have been walking outside for several weeks and I do about 2 miles, but I have never tried WATP. I also live in the midwest and don't want to quit my walking schedule! Thanks.
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:30 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelridergirl
Would you suggest the 4 mile Super Challenge for even a beginner to WATP. I have been walking outside for several weeks and I do about 2 miles, but I have never tried WATP. I also live in the midwest and don't want to quit my walking schedule! Thanks.
Yes. And if you don't think you can do all 4 miles then skip what you can't do and go to the cool down section. Leslie (the maker of WATP) even states that several times on the tape/dvd. She is awesome. Plus, if you buy the 4 mile... you can save some money and wait to buy other videos because this covers 4 different videos on one tape/dvd!!!
Old 11-01-2005, 11:02 AM   #14  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

I see, well that does sound pretty good then! I may have to do some browsing for a dvd then. I have some other tapes/dvds, a Gazelle, that I use too. My husband had a heart attack a month ago and his cardiologist wants him to walk briskly for 40 min 6-7 days a week, so I thought that in the icy, snowy winter days to come he would maybe do the WATP with me. If not, I guess we'll have to join the gym...

Thanks again!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 03:17 PM   #15  

Hi. The 4 mile express super challenge is my all time favorite too! I've been working out w/ Leslie since last March, and I feel like a new person I've lost about 15 pounds and still have about 10 or 15 to go, but I have more energy and stamina than I EVER have, since I was a kid! And, I need it to keep up with my life!!! I'm so glad I found Leslie's videos. I just received her WATP AB w/ the belt, and am liking it too, but like they said earlier the music, atmosphere and people are the best in the express series...
I hope to get my husband involved with the tapes too...He's tried it a couple of times, but just couldn't get into it, however Leslie has a video just for men coming out in January, I'm really hoping he'll like that better!!! She's also coming out w/ a 5 mile workout, using several different walk boosters, (the stretchie, belt and weights) during the walk. She also has a new book coming out that month too! I'm excited about all three.
To help you in your search for a place to buy it, check out: thewheeldeal.com (free shipping for orders over $30); overstock.com, half.com, amazon.com, target.com)
I just found out our closest Target store has a big variety of Leslie's workouts, but in the video section, not the workout section....They had the WATP for ABs w/ the belt for $19.99!!! And, no shipping since it's 'in the store'!!! The one I bought online was scratched, so I'm sending it back and buying the one at Target! I think I found some cheap at a Yahoo shopping site too...I too, try to buy 'new' videos just to be on the safe side...the scratched one was suppossed to be new, but wasn't shrink wrapped, but was from a big reputable company, so there shouldn't be any problems returning it...
Good luck and enjoy the workout!!!
KG67 is offline   Reply With Quote