Weight Loss Support - Post Your Daily Exercise Here!

View Full Version : Post Your Daily Exercise Here!

Looking4TheWayOut
10-19-2005, 01:51 PM
I asked and also put up a post, but didn't get a response to why I couldn't find a new daily exercise thread.

So, I decided to start my own.

Get accountable. Post what YOU did today!

iluvww
10-19-2005, 02:37 PM
I am upset right now because I can't run but 60 minutes on the elliptical and I did upper body weight training today

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar097/slider-lifter2/lb/210/137/155/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Looking4TheWayOut
10-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Why can't you run longer? I think 60 minutes is great!

I did well over an hour of circuit training and intervals on the treadmill. I did the exact workout for Day 2, Week 1 of Jillian Michael's "Winning by Losing" book. OMG, killer workouts!

JayEll
10-19-2005, 11:26 PM
You folks must be young! 60 minutes on a elliptical! :lol:

I did my Curves workout today (30 minutes). I've found that I don't have to work out as hard at Curves as I thought I did. I got bursitis in my shoulders from pulling and pushing too hard on the machines. So now I am more reasonable about it and go by my heart rate instead of trying to be "Rocky."

Tomorrow I'll go for a walk for 30-45 minutes. Then Friday it's back to Curves. Some days I do both. And that's about all I have time for.

SW: 198 10/2/05
CW: 188 today
GW: 155

shrinkingchica
10-20-2005, 12:07 AM
No exercise for me today! I'm lazy.
Normally I try for 2.5 miles uphill on the treadmill or 60 min. hatha yoga.
But somedays I don't exercise at all!!! :)

Looking4TheWayOut
10-20-2005, 08:19 PM
Today I did an hour of intervals on the treadmill and did a 5 minute stretch when I was done. Phew!

Looking4TheWayOut
10-21-2005, 11:42 AM
65 minutes of circuit training and intervals on treadmill ... DONE!

KG67
10-21-2005, 01:18 PM
I'm new and would like to join in. To be accountable! I started trying to eat smaller meals (I already eat pretty healthy and low fat) and start exercising more, last March. My goal was to take off some pounds for my 20th class reunion. I took off 16 pounds (I'm not a fast looser) by walking w/ a friend, and doing Leslie Sansone's walking videos. I absolutely LOVE them, and wish I'd found them so much sooner. I'm excited to have finally found a video series I like and will keep doing in the winter months. I also do some strength training/toning exercises several times a week. My reunion was last Saturday, and I had such a good time and felt so much better about myself, since i had taken the weight off & toned up some of what was starting to sag! I still want to lose at least another 10 pounds, maybe more, I'll decide once I get there and see how it looks!!! I know if I don't get it off now, it'll just get harder as the years pass by~I just dont' want to lose my momentum just because my goal event has passed!
I would like to know if anyone knows how to edit the ticker that 3fat chicks has? I've looked and looked and can't figure out how without starting from scratch. I also don't know how to get the ticker to post here on this site? Any suggestions???
By the way, I worked out for 30 min. yesterday (10/20) w/ Leslie's Walk Strong video w/ the stretchie band. I also used my Ab Lounge and some other floor toning exercises.
I really enjoyed reading everyone's posts!
Keep working at it!!!

girl_in_cullowhee
10-21-2005, 01:23 PM
I jogged for 15 minutes, walked at 3mph for 25 minutes, got on a stationary bike for 20 minutes and stretched for 5 :) good morning all in all I think.

KG67
10-24-2005, 01:18 AM
Sat.morning Oct. 22nd, I walked 3 miles at a charity walk. It was mostly uphill and about a mile of it was on a chunky gravel road, which wasn't good, but all in all it was really A LOT of fun!!! I also did Leslie Sansone's Walk & Kick 30 min. workout before I went to bed. So, all in all 5 miles for the day! I also did about 15 min. of a pilates tape, but didn't have enough energy left to finish!!! Too tired and too late at night!

Looking4TheWayOut
10-25-2005, 03:05 PM
I had a perfect exercise week last week, but didn't post it. 4 days of circuit training w/ treadmill intervals for 1 hour each session. 2 days of treadmill intervals for 1 hour each session.

Today was circuit training w/ treadmill intervals for one hour. :)

KG67
10-25-2005, 04:32 PM
10/24- I did Leslie Sansone's WATP Express 4 mile super challenge
10/25- So far today, I've done Leslie's 2 mile walk strong video. I've committed to walk 75 miles for October, and I've now completed 60. I hope to squeeze in another mile or two today, but it's a very busy day, my youngest daughter turned 11 today!!! She's so excited, and I am for her, but I hate that she's growing up so fast!!!
Everyone keep up the good work, we're on the right track!!! ;)

Looking4TheWayOut
10-26-2005, 08:36 PM
Today I did over 60 minutes of circuit training followed by intervals on the treadmill. :)

Valerie Joy
10-26-2005, 11:25 PM
I did 30 minutes a curves. I had to skip half the machines because my lower back is hurt.

KG67
10-27-2005, 12:35 AM
Today, I did the WATP express 4 mile video again. I now have 64 of my 75 miles. I hope to pass my goal!!!

alsten02
10-27-2005, 09:17 AM
Yesterday I did some walking & a bit of weights (its going to take me awhile to really get into exercise LOL)

Looking4TheWayOut
10-27-2005, 12:03 PM
60 minutes treadmill intervals with stretching

EllyMay
10-30-2005, 08:09 PM
Does planting 200+ tulip bulbs (in heavy clay soil) count? Sure felt like a workout to me while I was doing it this afternoon! :D

Hi, I'm new here and really need to start being accountable. So I thought I would post here and in the daily food thread. I haven't worked out since January so I'm going to start slow and try to build from there. Just hit 200 lbs. for the first time in my life and I'm not happy about it. I have set some initial small goals - 30 min. of cardio 3x per week to start. Once I've got that down I will add weight workouts 2-3x per week, and then build from there.

This seems like a great supportive group - thanks for being here!!!

EllyMay
10-31-2005, 08:53 PM
I did 30 minutes of a Leslie Sansone tape, plus the usual 20 minute morning dog walk. (I don't really count the dog walk as exercise, but we did move pretty briskly this morning!) I'm just happy I got started. It felt good to move a little bit again, for the first time in a long time.

Lindy87
10-31-2005, 09:06 PM
I walked around the lake at the park for 45 minutes while my son was at pre-K. How nice it is to be doing something for myself without being bothered by my little guy for 45 min. I enjoyed the peace and the walk. Hope to try again tomorrow.

KG67
11-01-2005, 11:28 AM
I'm very proud to report that I met my goal for October. I just joined this site earlier this month. I challenged myself to walk 75 miles. I had to walk 6 miles yesterday (took me 3 different workout times to squeeze it in), but I pushed myself and got it done! I ended up with 75.5 for the month! It feels so good knowing that I accomplished my goal. I haven't had any weight loss though, so now this month I really need to work on trying to eat less, I thought I was already eating well, but evidentally not good enough. But, I can see a difference and definitely more toned, so I'm not too discouraged, I keep reminding myself that muscle weighs more than fat and I know I FEEL much better! And, I did have a friend ask me last night if I'd been losing weight! That's always nice to hear!!!
I'm loving this site, and I wish everyone a healthy and active November!

Looking4TheWayOut
11-01-2005, 02:41 PM
63 minutes of circuit training and treadmill intervals. Done! :)

Great job, everyone! :carrot:

Niecey
11-01-2005, 03:22 PM
10/31/05 Firm Tape - Maximum Cardio Burn - 60 min.

Looking4TheWayOut
11-02-2005, 10:19 AM
64 minutes - circuit training & treadmill intervals :tread:

Niecey
11-02-2005, 02:43 PM
11/01/05 - Aerobics Tape - 30 min.

Jen415
11-02-2005, 05:08 PM
Well, I got off my butt finally....I walked the stairs (20 of them) for 10 minutes at my office. Boy was I huffin and puffin! I'm going to do that once a day for a week, then work up to twice a day.

Gotta start somewhere!

EllyMay
11-02-2005, 07:54 PM
30 minutes of a Leslie Sansone tape (one mile segment).

KG67
11-03-2005, 04:20 PM
I didn't get to workout on Nov. 1st; But, on Nov. 2nd, did the WATP for AB's w/ belt for 2 miles in the morning and walked on the track w/ a friend for another 2 miles last night!
Nothing to report yet today, but I'm off to try Leslie's "You can do Yoga" for the first time. A friend loaned me the tape to try....she also sent the Pilates and AB's versions, hopefully I'll find time to check out all three soon! And, I plan to walk at the track again tonight.

Looking4TheWayOut
11-04-2005, 02:16 PM
61 minutes of circuit training and treadmill intervals. :wl: :tread:

45 minutes of carting wood to pile, then stacking. (wish there was a smiley for that)

TribeFan
11-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Summary of my week-

Monday- 10 min elliptical; 30 min circuit training
Tuesday- 60 min cardio-kickboxing class
Wednesday- 10 min elliptical; 30 min circuit training
Thursday- 60 min cardio-kickboxing class

This is my new workout schedule, since starting the KB class on Tuesday. :workout:

numb
11-04-2005, 04:18 PM
I did my WATP one mile walk today :carrot: It's been in the video cabinet for months now. It actually was easier then it was last time I did it. I was waiting to fall over, but never got there.

ETA: I also lifted "weights" (1 lb cans of peaches) for 4 minutes. I thought it was five until I counted lol. whoops. That was a LOT harder then I expected. :lol:

Valerie Joy
11-04-2005, 07:30 PM
I went to curves today for 30 minutes. It was my 100th workout there! I'm proud of myself for sticking with exercise!

EllyMay
11-04-2005, 07:45 PM
30 min. (1 mile) segment of a Leslie Sansone tape.

And, I know it's baby steps, but I did manage 30 minutes of cardio 3x this week. So I am happy about that. No planned workouts this weekend, but if the weather cooperates I have tons of leaves to rake so that will get me moving.

Have a great weekend everyone!

EllyMay
11-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Decided to start doing my cardio before work, so I got up early today.
I did a 1 and 1/2 mile portion of a Leslie Sansone tape, which took about 25 minutes. But it's a little faster paced than the segment I was doing last week.

Progress not perfection!

MorticiaAddams
11-07-2005, 09:25 PM
I finally got up to the gym today . I did 3 miles cardio and 20 minutes weight lifting. It felt great. I remember the feeling of being there and I like it. I bought me a new bike so I can bike up to the gym while the husband is at work. So its back in the saddle for me again. I cant wait until tommorow. :carrot:

MorticiaAddams
11-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Today is Tuesday
Did a mile on the eliptical walker , did a mile on the tredmil and did a half mile on the stair climber and lifted weights for 20 minutes.
I made it again. :carrot:

TribeFan
11-09-2005, 12:11 PM
Monday- 15 min elliptical; 30 min with my trainer
Tuesday- Cardio kickboxing class (1 hour)
Wed- 15 min elliptical; 30 min with my trainer (tough one today!!)

Tomorrow I have another kickboxing class. :)

Looking4TheWayOut
11-09-2005, 12:33 PM
Coming off of being sick, but I did 63 minutes of circuit training and treadmill intervals (speed/incline). :tread: :wl:

Elanajel
11-09-2005, 07:27 PM
I did about half an hour of free weights and abs at my Y.

Then did an awesome yoga class. I really like this instructor and her style. It's very relaxing and great to do after a weights routine.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Valerie Joy
11-09-2005, 07:44 PM
I did 45 minutes at curves today. It's chilly here today. I forgot what it was like to go into a cold wind all sweated up!

Good job to everyone for the exercise :cp:

EllyMay
11-09-2005, 08:47 PM
I did a mile and a half of a Leslie Sansone walking tape.

I feel like a weenie when I read all of your awesome workouts. Oh well - I will get there! I'm just happy my legs aren't aching as much this week as last week, and that I'm actually getting out of bed early and working out on workout days.

Valerie Joy
11-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Elly May you're doing a great job. Those WATP dvds are a hard workout. You're getting in shape! Good for you :)

KG67
11-10-2005, 01:06 AM
Hey Elly May, please don't feel like a "weenie", I think that you're making great progress!!! Your persistence will pay off, and your endurance will keep building and you're going to eventually feel great doing a 4 mile WATP DVD!!! Just don't push yourself too hard or fast. Don't let yourself get too complacent either though. Your body will let you know when you're ready to bump it up and go a little further. When you have time, consider trying to working out twice a day. That really seems to be the key to me actually dropping the pounds. Seems to keep my metabolism boosted up better/longer! And, it gives your body time to recover between workouts. Even a 1 mile workout is enough to seem to give it a little boost! Good luck, and keep up the good work! We're all in this together and cheering you on!!!
Now, for my days exercise: I went to the high school track and walked 4 miles!!! Which is a milestone for me. I walk 4 miles w/ Leslie all the time, with no problem, but my toes start going numb and my feet hurt, and especially so at the track. I've never done more than 3 miles there because of the pain. I went to the poditrist yesterday and he made me a pad to put under my arch to test out. It did the trick and I'm SOOOOOOOO excited. I didn't think I'd ever be able to stand to walk that far on the track!!! I can't wait to call the Doc and tell him I want to make the permanent insert. But, he wants me to test it for 3 weeks, so I guess I should just wait...
Congrats to everyone! Keep up the good work!

EllyMay
11-11-2005, 07:07 PM
Thanks, KG67, and congrats on your 4 mile walk! I know it will take some time to build my endurance, since I'm just getting back into working out and haven't done it since last Jan. I'm trying to increase the cardio level each week, and I will add weight workouts soon.

Today, I did the 1 and 1/2 mile Sansone tape. Next week I'll start the 1 and 1/2 mile "challenge" segment.

Smoo
11-11-2005, 07:59 PM
I did supercharged sculpting this morning and took a 30 minute walk this afternoon.

Penguina
11-12-2005, 05:04 PM
22 mile cycle today! thats 88 miles this week! am planning another 17-20 tomorrow! :D

KG67
11-14-2005, 11:47 AM
Thanks EllyMay! And, It sounds like you're doing everything just right. Keep it up!!!
& Smoo, I'm SO impressed, 121 lost!!!! And, you're down to 145! I bet your looking great! Way to go & good luck with reaching the rest of your goal!!!!
I'm off to workout right now. I have some making up to do from the weekend. I did get 4 miles done on Friday, but nothing on Saturday, and only 1 mile yesterday, and I went out to eat Saturday night and for lunch on Sunday, so I have some extra calories to work off!!! Have a great day everyone and keep movin'.
KG

Looking4TheWayOut
11-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Circuit training w/ treadmill intervals for one hour!

Penguina
11-14-2005, 04:15 PM
13 miles cycle on sunday. 20min brisk walk and 3 hours rushing around in a restaurant!

today - 15mile cycle. not enough water - bloated and not great eating!

EllyMay
11-14-2005, 07:59 PM
1 and 1/2 mile "challenge" walk segment of a Leslie Sansone tape. Definitely got me sweating! This will be my last week of cardio only...next week I'm adding 2 or 3 weight workouts. My goal is to exercise 6 days a week; 3 days cardio, 3 days weights.

Blueberrie
11-14-2005, 08:04 PM
I "power-walked" for 45 minutes through the woods. Lots of hills... :faint:

KG67
11-15-2005, 01:43 AM
I did Leslie Sansone's Sculpt & Burn workout w/ her walkblaster (angled step) for the first time tonight. It was 42 min. and the best/hardest workout I've done since I've started this journey back in March! I LOVED it. I rarely break a sweat, but boy did I with this! Really got my heart to pumping, it was great, and I can already tell my butt is really going to be sore in the morning, but that's good, maybe that means it'll be lifting back up! LOL! I'm so glad I broke down and spent the money on this workout! I love Leslie, but this is definitely the best one yet. I still plan to rotate the different Leslie workouts though. I have too many that I love to stop them!

Valerie Joy
11-15-2005, 01:53 AM
I worked out at curves for 45 minutes :)

Looking4TheWayOut
11-15-2005, 01:51 PM
63 minutes for circuit training and treadmill speed/incline intervals. :)

Valerie Joy
11-15-2005, 05:19 PM
2 mile WATP :carrot:

KG67
11-15-2005, 07:02 PM
3 miles WATP express w/ stretchie. 35 miles done of my 80 mile goal for November.

sabriena
11-15-2005, 09:11 PM
I did Tae-Bo Basic Bootcamp which is about 53 minutes long. My first day back to exercising in a couple months! Whew! It felt good though! :) :) :)

EllyMay
11-16-2005, 08:03 PM
1 and 1/2 mile "challenge" segment WATP tape

Blueberrie
11-16-2005, 09:47 PM
45 minutes of walking again, even though it was dark, cold, and rainy!

This thread is so motivating!

MorticiaAddams
11-17-2005, 01:14 AM
went to the gym and did my weight lifting first then did two miles on the eliptical walker and ran and walked a mile. Then came home and finished getting some more leaves up which that tired me out yesterday and then I put out some of the christmas decoration outside before it gets to cold and I dont wanna do it. :D

Valerie Joy
11-17-2005, 01:57 AM
Good job everyone! I love to see everyone getting their exercise in!

I did 45 minutes at curves today :carrot:

Looking4TheWayOut
11-17-2005, 11:19 AM
59 minutes. One shy of my goal. Circuit training w/ weights and treadmill intervals.

MorticiaAddams
11-17-2005, 01:21 PM
Had to ride my bike up to the gym :bike: Wouldnt have been so bad but it was cold and my gears would not adjust. :mad:
I started with weights that worked my legs then did three miles of cardio and finished with some more weights. :)

sabriena
11-17-2005, 03:12 PM
welp, today did another 53 minutes of taebo :D Feeling really good about it! hehe

Valerie Joy
11-17-2005, 11:35 PM
2 miles WATP :carrot:

MorticiaAddams
11-18-2005, 02:02 PM
Had my dad drop me off today since it was pretty cold outside.
I did weights and 3 miles cardio. :strong: :tread:
When im doing weights im working diffrent muscles each day I lift.
The husband has the only car for work and so thats where dad comes in and saves the day. :hug:

EllyMay
11-19-2005, 04:31 PM
I did my 1 and 1/2 mile "challenge" WATP tape yesterday

Well, I've done 30 min. cardio 3x a week for 3 weeks now, so it's time to add some weights. Next week I will add 2 weight workouts. Not sure if I will do the same cardio for next week or change tapes...this last workout has been pretty challenging for me so I may repeat it this week and then change it up for the following week. I've got lots of different tapes in my collection so I have plenty to choose from. (Even have a couple Tae Bo tapes...SOMEDAY I may be able to get through one without dying! :D )

EllyMay
11-22-2005, 09:51 PM
OK, where is everyone? Somebody else must have exercised since last Friday!

I did a 1 and 1/2 mile WATP "challenge" tape. I'm going to do my first weight workout tomorrow...hope I'm not too sore to post it! :p

tipsygypsy
11-22-2005, 10:00 PM
I do the Winsor Pilates accelerated body-sculpting video almost every day, plus I am trying to learn bellydancing. (Operative word here is "trying"!) Sometimes I mix things up with just plain ol' dancing to get my heart rate up, and an occasional WATP video.

Right now, though, I'm sick and I'm coughing so much it hurts to even move. </whine>

EllyMay
11-23-2005, 08:01 PM
Hope you feel better soon, Tipsygypsy!

I did lower body and upper body weights, plus some ab work. My abs are in seriously sad shape, but I did what I could and hopefully will be improving in that area! Arms are feeling a bit rubbery at the moment too...guess that's a good sign!

Happy Turkey Day everyone!

Looking4TheWayOut
12-01-2005, 11:18 AM
Yesterday was 61 minutes of circuit training and treadmill intervals.

Today was 60 minutes of circuit training and kickboxing.

:)

KG67
12-01-2005, 12:13 PM
Yesterday I did Leslie Sansone's walk & Kick in the morning and her walkblaster sculpt and burn before bed. That was 4 miles for the day and it met my goal of 80 miles for November!!!
Happy Holidays and Happy walking to everyone!

Valerie Joy
12-01-2005, 04:31 PM
I did 45 minutes of WATP 3 mile :carrot:

farmermomof3
12-01-2005, 07:11 PM
I did one mile of WATP and part of Leslie's Ab workout. I also did 25 crunches. I don't sound like I did much compared to everyone else but I am just starting.

tsots
12-03-2005, 04:01 PM
I got up this morning, and went out to run for 35 minutes which was 5.5 m/h for 10min and 6 m/h for 10 min. And then I did stair master for 30 minutes.
Well, my afternoon workouts were 35 minutes of walking, and 70 minutes of stair master, and 25 minutes of weights.

xJox
12-03-2005, 11:25 PM
2 miles on exercise bike - not much but my baby was too grumpy to let me do much today.

honey-dipped
12-05-2005, 12:47 AM
2 mile WATP...

It's such an ugly day outside and I didn't want to do a thing, but I feel so much better for doing it...

numb
12-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Monday - 10 minutes of strength exercises.

numb
12-06-2005, 04:19 PM
Tuesday - Walk Away the Pounds 1 mile walk.

weetzie13
12-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Even though I'm only 21, I've recently turned into a bit of a nut in regards to my heart health so I make sure to exercise every single day lol.

I do two activities daily: I take my dog for a 1 1/2 hour hike in the forest trails around noon, and then right before dinner time I do 30-60 minutes of tae bo. =)

buffb4long
12-06-2005, 07:35 PM
20 min HIIT (High Intensit Interval Training) cardio on the recumbent cycle today. Total miles = 4.25 :carrot:

MorticiaAddams
12-21-2005, 09:03 PM
This one was buried a bit... :goodvibes
Went to the gym with the husband
I did 3 miles cardio, mile on the eliptical, mile on the cross ramp and a mile on the tred mill, then I lifted some weights. :carrot: