South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 04:51 PM   #1  

Talking Window shopping!

I had to see a person at the bank and she wasn't back from lunch yet so I went to Kohl's down the street to look around. Even though I haven't lost anymore I decided I wanted to try on some size 14 pants. I was so happy when I tried 2 different brands and styles and they both fit. It almost makes me want to cry from happiness. It was this last spring that I went shopping with my mom and suffered the embarassment of having to reach for the higher size of 18's. (I know it was my mom, but she has lost weight over the years and I NEVER thought I would be this much bigger than her.) I didn't like they way they looked on me so even thoughh I liked the size I put them back.

I did find 2 pair of midboots that I liked and was pleasantly surprised to find out at the checkout they were buy one get one free.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:26 AM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Dana, congratulations on your 'non-scale victory' (NSV)!!! Welcome back to the world of Misses sizes...it's like you became 'younger' overnight!

Kohl's has darling clothes...they were the first place that I spent serious money after I lost weight enough to fit into 16s.

I think one of the prerogatives of 'skinny women' is to be able to put something back just because you don't think it's good enough or looks good enough on you! Before, I had to buy anything that even remotely fit...because that was very hard to find!

Congrats on the steal on the boots, Dana...what a fun day!
Old 10-19-2005, 10:10 AM   #3  

Thanks Laurie. Wow! Your ticker. You have been on a great journey. You are an inspiration.

I am excited to be back in that size. I can't tell you how long it has been. When I was showing DH my boots last night, he asked why I didn't buy some pants, since I am swimming in the 16s. I think I will bite the bullet and go shopping for a couple of pair of jeans this weekend.
Closed Thread