Old 10-18-2005, 10:30 AM   #1  
Takin back the old me!

Default Just Starting

Hello everyone

I just signed up with LAWL yesterday and I have started the fast forward today. I am just curious ......does everyone buy the LA lites??? I was told that I had the option but if I wanted to get the maxium results then I needed them. Is this true???

What kind of exercise is everyone doing???
TIA
Naughtyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:55 AM   #2  

Welcome Tia,

I personally use the Lites, because I didn't no I could turn them down when I signed up, but I know quite a few people on here actually substitute Luna Bars for the Lites and just tell the centers they bought Lites off of E-bay or got them from a friend. The Lites are pretty expensive and you have to buy they want you to buy them in bulk when you buy them (typically about $20 a box, and you need 1 box per week)
I believe Luna bars are at the most $1 each and there are sales where they are far cheaper.

I bought the medium bulk package were I have enough to last through half of maintenance, so when I run out of Lites, I will probably go to the Lunas

I would figure out how much you can actually spend on the bars before you go in and then decide from there. For some the convenience of being able to pick up the Lites at weigh in is enough to justify the cost.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 03:19 PM   #3  

Tia, I don't use any of it - Lites or Luna bars or Pria bars.

At our program meeting, they put me on the Gold Plan with Lites and my DD on the Orange Plan with Lites. They then gave us one of each to try. DD only liked the Honey Nougat. I couldn't stand the taste of any of them. I choked them down for 2 days and I told them I absolutely refused to eat one more! At my personal success visit, they realized how adament I was about despising them, told me that they couldn't guarantee the 2 pounds per week weight loss, and then put DD and I on a different plan. Now, I am on the Red Plan without Lites and DD is on Orange 1 without Lites. We both are so much happier! You get more real food, of which I am a great fan!

Now, DH is doing this (along with us, he doesn't go to the center) and he does use bars. He loves them. His favorites are the new SlimFast protien bars and the South Beach peanut butter bar. Both are high in protien and have more fiber than the LA Lites.

You could always try them for a couple of days (using their samples) and see what you think before you make up your mind. I know many really like the bars - I'm just the oddball.

Andi

P.S. I've lost 4.4 pounds in 10 days, so I don't really think they help your weight loss or hinder it. But, that's just my opinion!
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:14 PM   #4  

I have lost 33 lbs and have never eaten the Lites (except the free box they gave me).

I use South Beach or Pria or Luna bars when I have the craving

Bottom line - you do NOT need them to lose weight.
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote