Weight Loss Support - Looking for a few good friends

View Full Version : Looking for a few good friends

Wide in Winnipeg
10-18-2005, 01:22 AM
Hi, I am looking for a few good friends that are commited to their diet and exercise program and be commited to this thread on a daily basis.I find that so many threads go dead,and it gets frusterating...I am a SAHM and workout everyday.I eat everything on the menu but in moderation,I try to stay away from the fatty foods as much as possible,and so far have had great sucess!I just started 1 week ago so I am still adjusting to all this,and I have already lost 5-6 bs!!
What I am asking of you is for support and motivation,and I will provide the same in return.also to maybe get a little silly at times,laughter is good for the soul :lol: Have a great day,and hope someone will join me.

Wendy

andreaphilip3
10-18-2005, 02:01 PM
i will but im not going full force right now bc yest i was diag. w bronchitis so i cant workout til im better but im still trying to make good choices.

Wide in Winnipeg
10-18-2005, 08:11 PM
:D What a diehard!!Hi there!True to my word,I'm here again!!just a quick note today,very busy!!Welcome Andrea,glad to have you wiyh me!! When are you getting back on track?Hope you are feeling better soon,don't push the issue until you feel 100% or you might wear yourself out again, type to you soon!
Wendy

andreaphilip3
10-18-2005, 10:29 PM
howdy!
i actually am on track w my eating im just not working out(today was day 1 of not doing it) im hoping to stay the food"course" as i am a WW and have my wi comin up on sat. am. my goal for the moment is to maintain last week wi weight. i hope to be moving again in a few more days.

BrodeyAmos
10-18-2005, 11:26 PM
hey winnipeg and andrea! my name is Jen, i am fairly new to this site and havent really made support friends yet. can i hop on this thread? 5-6 lbs is awsome for ur first week. keep up the good work! i am a pet groomer from ny. im always on my feet and can never understand how i got so heavy. (thats a lie im a chocoholic) :D but anyway....i started at 195 a year ago.....got down to 152 then gained 20 lbs back. so, ive been at this for 2 months now..down 11 lbs....thurs is my weigh in, so hopefully more. my weight loss is going slow but im in this for the long haul. if you ever need support you got a new fat chick! ;)

what days of the week are your weigh ins? we can post together.

good luck girls

jen

Wide in Winnipeg
10-19-2005, 12:16 AM
Welcome Jen to our little group!! how are you doing today? I can do a weigh in any time because all I have to do is head over to my washroom!! I am not on a real diet,but I only have a 1600cal. intake. I wish I could go on WW but I really can't afford it at this time.I did go to the bookstore to look for the "points book" that my friend said they had but I can't find it there,maybe on the net. HERES TO YOU AND HERES TO ME _____ WEEKS FROM NOW HALF OUR SIZE WE WILL BE!!!!(FILL IN THE BLANK) :lol: aNYBODY UP FOR A BEFORE cHRISTMAS CHALLANGE?? yOU PICK YOUR GOAL WEIGHT!! Ciao for now,
Wendy

andreaphilip3
10-19-2005, 11:58 AM
welcome jenn!
im in ny too and thats not all we have in common... i originally was at 188 when i started. pm me if you wanna be email buddies.
hi wendy ! how ya doin? im doin well w food, i just dunno how my final wi is gonna go but we shall see in a few more days. i wi on saturdays.
not trying to be nosy buy tou mentioned ww and money... could you scrape 15 dollars together? that would buy you all the materials needed to do plan at home. all youd have to do is go to weightwatchers.com to find a center near you, join for 15 and then just not go. lots less than ebay.

Wide in Winnipeg
10-19-2005, 12:57 PM
Good morning girls!! Hey Andrea,what a novel idea! :s: I didn't think of that!!Glad to hear you are eating well,Yesterday I had a piece of garlic bread and a can of lima beans,I just didn't have the time to prepare anything(dumb @$$),but today I am having a meal replacement shake for breakfast,toasted tuna salad sandwich for lunch and 2 measely cups of macaroni for dinner,that's going to be hard because I love pasta!! :D Seems to me that isn't 1600cals. better add it all up!
so Jen,you weigh in tomorrow!Good Luck and let us know the results!
Let me tell you that to have people with you everyday sure makes a difference,I haven't been discouraged since I started this thread,and thats thanks to you!!Enjoy your day and I will be back tonight!

KathyLynn
10-19-2005, 01:55 PM
Hi everyone! I am new to this so please be patient!*laugh* You all seem to have what I am looking for "Support of each other" I am trying to lose 100+ lbs and am in a funk right now. HELP!

andreaphilip3
10-19-2005, 02:23 PM
welcome kathy!
try not to focus on 100... focus on 5.

hi wendy! thanks. im def. trying not to eat anything im not supposed to but i got food issues and to be honest its hard not to give in bc i usually crave comfort foods when ill or stressed and for the time being, im both and if that isnt enough im too ill to work out(my stress out let) so i need lotsa support.

i had bran and fruit for breakfast, a lean roast sandwich and fruit for lunch and a big salad and some zucchini and chicken breast for dinner and a piece of fruit probly an apple that ill be having shortly.
as per pasta: heres my tip:try using the barilla plus elbows bc let me tell you they are so tiny that 2 c will be a crap load! plus the barilla plus brand is high fiber and protein. i too love pasta and try to limit it to two cups 2x a week 1 of which i do use the elbows. another thing you can do is eat a big salad prior to having the pasta and you can also mix lotsa veggies in the pasta. good luck! not sure if it adds to 1600 either but 2 c pasta byitself w nothing on it is 400 and a tuna salad sandwich will run you anywhere from 70-140 cals plus anywhere from 50-100 cals for mayo and 100-200 cals for bread. btw:you may wanna look into using ff mayo or ff miracle whip for salads like that bc its very low cals.

KathyLynn
10-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Ok...lets say 20... I know I can do this. "Baby Countdown 2006" is on! (as my hubby says) Yall wish me luck!

andreaphilip3
10-19-2005, 04:29 PM
we were taught at ww that breaking it dn by 5's makes it much more doable.

BrodeyAmos
10-19-2005, 05:46 PM
hey guys, and welcome kathylynn. have you guys ever tried FItday.com.....it is the best and easiest thing ive done. you just type in the foods you eat and amounts and it keeps track of ur calries/protein/fat. and gives you a weight goal. its great. ive been using it for about 2 months now. also try whole wheat pasta. i hear thats really good. even though im not a big pasta eater. (and im italian, im weird). im more a cheese, and chocolate person. very big on the chocolate. yes tommorow is my weigh in. i am very nervous cuz last week i didnt lose a lb. i wasnt eating enough calories, but i think i fixed the problem this week. we will see. GOOD LUCK ALL.....

my aol screename is KnownInnocence if anyone is interested.

andreaphilip3
10-19-2005, 05:53 PM
hey brody.....
good luck w your wi! im not really a cal. counter... im on the ww core plan which focuses on low cal high fiber carbs and lean proteins and high fiber veggies to fill you up so you stop eating when full although im estimating that i eat 1200-1800 5x a week and bout 2000 2x a week.
wheat pasta is great i eat it 1x a week. i do wish that someone would make shells and elbows tho.

Donna Thompson
10-19-2005, 07:55 PM
Hi everyone I am new here, but I really need to have some support. I have been dieting an exercising on my own and the good news is: I have lost 16lbs. The bad new is I seem to be stuck and I am getting to the point were I'm ready to start eating again, like there is no tomorrow. I have been stuck here for three weeks now. Does anyone have any suggestion? I will be glad for any help. Thanks.

andreaphilip3
10-19-2005, 08:53 PM
welcome donna!
plateaus are tough and i too usually wanna eat my face off but we just have to hang tough. i just got off a huge plateau and now am p/o bc im afraid of regaining what i lost bc ive got bronchitis and havent done anything physical since monday morning.

andreaphilip3
10-19-2005, 09:23 PM
hey jenn......i just thought of another way to get ww materials. do u have friends or family that belong? b/c existing members get materials for 10$

BrodeyAmos
10-19-2005, 10:23 PM
my number one suggestion is to come to this website and read the success stories. if they all can do it so can you. 16lbs is great! i always have one thing that i think about when i quit. "i wonder what i wouldve looked like if i kept going" but all of us here are ready to support eachother and make sure we all keep going. dont quit! my advice is to take one day and eat what you want every week. it can be your reward. then you can look forward to it.

p.s. welcome to the "few good friends" thread

andreaphilip3
10-19-2005, 10:53 PM
i totally agree w brody....
i have a day(actually its like 1 1/4 days) that i look fwd to. each weekend i usually take a full day on saturday and dinner on sunday and then i get back to it. i dont think id last otherwise. my favs are burgers/fries, icecream, pizza, bagels and peanut butter so thats when i usually eat them.

Wide in Winnipeg
10-20-2005, 01:37 AM
Hi girls! how are you all tonight?Or it may be daytime by the time you read this!First I would like to personally welcome KATHYLYNN and DONNA to our thread! Now let's get down to buisness!!

Andrea= Sounds like you are right on track with your eating habits,good for you girl!!Now all you have to do is relax until you feel better!I know it must be hard to sit around when all you really want to do is get moving and lose the weight,but patience is a virtue!!When you are ready,I can garantee you will be going at it full throttle!!I aslo want to thank-you for the advice,I will be sure to take it!! My Godmother said she has the WW material,and she is going to lend it to me,so it worked out great!!Hope you feel a little better today,and we'll talk soon.

Jen=I know about fitday.com!!It's great!I would definatly suggest it to anyone! thanks for the idea!!Hope you are well! Until tommorow.

Kathylynn=Mind if I ask what the "baby countdown 2006" is?This is what I suggest about the funk you are in..Let us help you .on this thread we are here to help you with anything from weightloss to learning how to put in laminate flooring!i think between us we can figure anything out!!And we are here for you anytime!!I check this thread 3-4 times a day and I'm sure someone else does too!

Donna=Hi ! I think it depends on what diet plan you are on,if any.I would suggest going to fitday.com and see what they say.Myself,I would decrease my cal intake if possiable or maybe change up your exercise routine abit so you do a little more,or something that makes you sweat more!I have the best exersice tapes! I do the Slim in 6-beachbody tapes and they really get you going!!By the time you get bored,your done!!And you really feel the burn!!

Bye for now,Wendy :)

andreaphilip3
10-20-2005, 11:55 AM
good morning ladies!
hi wendy!! how ya doin? thanks for the support! and yes its drivin me nuts bc not only cant i do it but theres nuttin else for me to do.....im bored!! dunno if im even going to my ww support tonight(i have 2 groups a week) i actually am up half lb so id like to see if i can lose 1 lb by my wi and that would give me 1/2 lb loss. im glad youre able to access the ww stuff its a great plan. reason i said about relatives is cuz its like 15 to join, but if members lose their stuff they can replace it for 10 so she can either buy you a set or give you hers and replace it for 5 dollars less.
hows everyone else doin?

BrodeyAmos
10-20-2005, 12:19 PM
ok bad news....this is the second week in a row where my weight is the same. ive been 161 lbs for 3 weeks now. what gives? at first i thought i was eating too little, bc i was only at 1200 cal a day. so i moved it up to 1500. i even up'd my exercise. i dont know what to do. i feel like im doin everything right. i need help. this morning when i got off the scale i felt like giving up. but i know i cant. ill keep going but its just frustrating. im gonna try another week of the 1500 calries. if that doesnt work maybe ill try to tweek my percentages of carbs. right now i try to keep my fat low. but maybe i should try low carbs. i dont know. i need some advice.
i know you guys can help. :( :( :( :( :( :(

jen

FL_Chickie
10-20-2005, 12:34 PM
Sometimes it takes a little bit of time to see changes,t hen all of a sudden you'll have a drop. Honestly, seeing your weight the same for two weeks isn't necessarily a bad thing -- if you're only weighing in once a week, maybe you just happened to weigh on a day when you're retaining a little fluid, or ate late the night before, etc. I would give it another week or two and see how you're doing -- if you're the same for a period of time, then start tweaking. You may surprise yourself by seeing a 2 or 3 lb loss next week. :)

I'm pretty much the same as last week right now because of my monthly cycle -- I know I'm retaining water and don't expect to see a loss this week...but next week I probably will. Just an example.

Wide in Winnipeg
10-20-2005, 01:15 PM
Good Morning my lovely friends!! Hey Jen think of it this way:you have less than half of your goal weight to go so you must be doing something right!! You know any sort of stress is a major factor .My scale says that I haven't lost anymore weight lately,but thats ok with me,I have been really stressed out over going to court in Nov.,Man to think that my ex is going to be able to take my son for unsupervised visits is just heartbreaking.All I want is for my boy to be safe and he won't be with him,Number 1 reason I got rid of him in the first place!!Anyway,I hope this beautiful day brings you all happiness! And welcome to FL chickie! I'll be back!!..
Wendy ;)

andreaphilip3
10-20-2005, 01:39 PM
hi ladies!

jen: im so sorry youre at a plateau but hang in there! maybe youre fat is too low? we all can do this if we just hang in!
wendie: im sorry yre under alot of stress...that always gets in the way.
kathy:did you send me an email? i have an unrecog. email in my box and was just wondering...

chickie: welcome!

im doing good so far. ive had some water and i ate 2 eggs w 8 egg whites and i will snack on fruit and then have some chicken salad w ff mayo and some grapes for lunch and 2 c elbows w a few oz chicken along w my salad

andreaphilip3
10-20-2005, 04:34 PM
my aol name is andreaphilip3

BrodeyAmos
10-20-2005, 05:13 PM
thanks for all the advice. you guys are amazing.

fl chickie- i need patience like you. good luck next week w/ ur WI next week! welcome to "few good frineds"

wendy- thanks for the positive thinking, i need that. i hope court goes well for you and your son.

andrea- ok i think my carbs are way high, so im gonna try to do low carb for two weeks and see what happens. all i eat is carbs.....whole wheat breads, bagels and energy bars. so i gotta get that in check

starting south beach diet tomm. lets hope this works.

thanx for the support ladies!

andreaphilip3
10-20-2005, 07:10 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67117

andreaphilip3
10-20-2005, 07:13 PM
hi ladies.....
im of to my support group but ill bbl.

jenn: are you planning to enter right into phase 2 i hope? phase 1 isnt healthy. you need carbs!

Donna Thompson
10-20-2005, 08:06 PM
Hi girls,

Jen, I am impressed with your wt. loss 34lbs is great, but I know how you feel about being stuck. It sucks.

I am on 1,500 cal. diet. I am a diabetic, it's not just about looking better anymore it's about my health.

I do threadmill 30 minutes a day at 3 miles an hour, and sweat like a son-of-a-gun. :?: I hate being stuck, but it helps to know I'm not alone.

Thanks for listening to me whine.
TTYL Donna

BrodeyAmos
10-20-2005, 08:39 PM
:dizzy: i dont know what to do. im getting the 3rd degree from my boyfriend too. he says its not healthy also. i did plan on going into phase 2 but now im thinking about just eating a small amount of carbs regularly. i dunno. im kinda confused right now.

andrea, were you implying that i was gonna STAY in phase1? cuz i think i would kill myself. haha :lol: everyone seems to rave about south beach in their forum. i think i might just try to think about it for a while b4 i jump into it.

donna - that weight loss is from last year. 195 was my highest. so i just put it there for motivation. i started dieting again 2 months ago. ive lost 11 lbs so far. so i have come a long way but i havent seen a sufficient weight loss in a while. i do exercise 4 days a week. but who knows anymore.

aaaaahhhhh i feel so blah the last couple days. thanks everyone for getting me through it. i need to get out of this negative funk. i let numbers mean too much to me. but i am a warrior!!!!! lol :D

later girlies
jen

andreaphilip3
10-20-2005, 09:08 PM
hi ladies!
good meeting! lol

jen: no hon i didnt think that but its so unnecessary....phase 2 does have carbs. phase 2 and ww core are pretty much neck and neck and on ww theres no low carb phase so if you do do sb start w phase 2 and just focus on lean proteins and lotsa fruit, veg, and high fiber brown grains and youll do great.

dreadgurl
10-20-2005, 10:15 PM
For me, I have posted for buddying up threads but havent gotten any responses. I would love to have a place that I can run to and find inspiration and give some .. in return.

andreaphilip3
10-20-2005, 10:41 PM
aww really? that bites im so sorry! welcome!:)

Wide in Winnipeg
10-21-2005, 12:30 AM
Good evening girls!!! Just a quick note tonight! I'm way behind on my day,10:30pm and the baby is still up!!! be well and talk tomorrow afternoon!!
Wendy

BrodeyAmos
10-21-2005, 12:50 AM
welcome dreadgurl..... yeah this thread is very contaigous (its late and im not sure of spelling) haha

andrea- i feel like thats what im doing now...and not getting anywhere. actually im lying to myself...i rarely eat lots of veggies.....so ill just fit that in more. thanx! wow, denial

god, i feel like a whiner tonight.

goodnight and goodluck ladies.

andreaphilip3
10-21-2005, 11:27 AM
good morning ladies!
hi wendy! gee i hope you get some rest soon:)
jenn: youre crackin me up! lol. yea fruits and veggies are my staples i would be nowhere w /o them.
tgif ladies! how are we all doin? im doin good. just ate my s. wheat and fruit. tomm is my final wi&im exactly even so im hoping forv a small loss.

Wide in Winnipeg
10-21-2005, 01:51 PM
:dizzy: Good Morning ladies!!(still morning where I am anyway!)Andrea good luck on your WI today ,I'm excited to here the results,and a little nervous for you also!!I really hope you are all doing well,I on the other hand have developed a migraine and won't be able to exersice for a day or two,but thats normal part of life for me,as you can see,it's not keeping me away from you guys!We made this thread and we are going to keep it going!!Thanks again girls,without your support I would probably be sitting on the couch with a supersize bag of chips!!Have a great day and I'll be back this evening!!!

andreaphilip3
10-21-2005, 02:15 PM
aww wendie, im so sorry do you have meds? thanks for the luck! my wi is tomorrow though hehe and yea im a lil bit nervous.....

hows everyone else doin? im good...its almost time for a snack.

BrodeyAmos
10-21-2005, 03:56 PM
good morning ladies, so i took off work today. i could not sleep last night. this has been happening a lot lately. i think i have a little anxiety problem. so i said (pardon my french) screw the south beach diet. haha i couldnt even get through one day or morning for that matter. i need my carbs in the morning. ill just do low carbs. so i havent exercised in a couple days. i need to get back on the ball. i promise by monday i will be motivated and chipper as usual.

andrea- glad i could make you laugh, i was delerious last night. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR WEIGH IN! im counting on you for motivation.

wendy-sorry about the migraine, i had one the other night and i was so crabby, they ruin everything. this thread is amazing and im so glad i have some where to *****. haha and help out. even though i feel like all im doing is *****ing lately.

have a good weekend girls

((((WE DONT NEED POTATO CHIPS!!!)))) REPEAT AFTER ME

andreaphilip3
10-21-2005, 04:39 PM
hi guys!
lmao jenn!! i love that last part! thanks for the luck...i just ate lean roast and some pineapple.

BrodeyAmos
10-21-2005, 07:06 PM
:cool: so i got tired of just sitting around.......i got my ipod and walked around my neighborhood for an hr and half. time flys when your listening to great music. i feel so much better.

just felt like sharing........

jen :D

andreaphilip3
10-21-2005, 08:06 PM
good for you jenn!
it helps me let off stress also.... too bad im still too sick....grr!!

Wide in Winnipeg
10-22-2005, 02:11 AM
Hi Hey Jen I am so happy you got your groove on!!I did absolutly nothing today,and feel like I'm cheating myself.This is how Andrea must feel,poor girl,Soon enough Andrea,and you'll be doing circles around me!!!Well, my weekend is shot,my neice and nephew came for a visit,they are sleeping in the livingroom,right where I do my exersices,I guess I'll be taking the weekend off and just concentrating on eating well!That could be good or bad, I havent decided yet!!!I'll talk to you tomorrow!!g'night!
Wendy

Donna Thompson
10-22-2005, 09:44 AM
Hi to all,
I don't get here as often as I should.
Jen, it sounds like we have the same problem. Not much of a fruit and veg. person. Maybe that is why we are both stuck.
Welcome dreadgurl. Noone likes to be ignored. I see that you have lost 19 lbs. That is great.
Where does everyone get their little tape measuring things I see posted. They are cool.
I am stuck at 16 pounds lost, but I have lost 2 inches from my waist since I started. Just wanted to share that with everyone. Let's keep on keeping on.
Donna

andreaphilip3
10-22-2005, 11:47 AM
good morning ladies!
happy saturday!!
wendie: have fun w your company! and you wont be alone in no exercise bc im still not up to it so it wont be this weekend but yea thats exactly how ive been feeling. its so frustrating esp. knowing i need to do it for other reasons bedides weight control and thats the part that the NOT worries me about the most. hang in there!
donna 2 inches? awesome! congrats!
how ya doin jenn?
well ladies its not much but i did get the 1/2 lb loss i was looking for. i also got my 4 month committment charm. i really to hope to be up and 'running' hehe at least sometime during the week but im still hacking my brains out and the meds are knocking me down.

BrodeyAmos
10-22-2005, 12:49 PM
i cant wait til everyone is up and moving! its just the time of the year, everyone keeps getting sick. i just feel like snuggling up with blankets. its hard to be motivated to exercise in the cold. im gonna have to push myself to get through winter. ugh. anyway, its rainy and gross out so i guess im not walking outside today. maybe ill walk inside the mall. me and my bf live next to this huge mall. (palisades mall) we walk the perimeter of 4 floors twice. i like it but its hard not to stop. Ill love to shop. he has to like pull me away from purses and shoes. (those are my weaknesses). but anyway everyone have a wonderful weekend. keep eatin right and all that jazz. lol

Jen

Wide in Winnipeg
10-22-2005, 12:58 PM
Good morning,How you all doing today??
Dreadgurl= I am so sorry I didn't welcome you to this thread yesterday,just wasn't paying attention,must be the tylenol 3's that I took :dizzy: .
I hope everyone is happy and ready to face the day's callange of eating properly!!! I am going out for lunch,soup,salad,and a muffin for deseart!!!YUM!!
If your exercising today,PUSH YOURSELF TO THE LIMIT!!!!! I know you will feel great afterwards!!(wish I could :( ) Take care and write later!!
Wendy

andreaphilip3
10-22-2005, 01:27 PM
i wish too wendy!:( enjoy yre lunch! im going to dinner.... and i wont we so good lol

jenn: walkin in the mall is great!

chick_in_the_hat
10-22-2005, 05:41 PM
Where does everyone get their little tape measuring things I see posted. They are cool.

There are instructions here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56332)

Have fun!!! :D

girl_in_cullowhee
10-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Hello everyone! If you all don't mind I would like to join you. I started my journey on October 13 and I've been looking for a group to 'hang out' with. I started at 295 and last I weighed (on Tuesday) I was down to 281.5. I do an hour of cardio every morning and I've been trying to throw in some weight lifting here and there. I've just never really known what to do with the weights! I've become an avid (my husband calls it obessesive :rolleyes: ) calorie counter and I've been eating between 800-1400 calories. I'm trying to trick my metabolism :lol: I've joined a WL group on campus where they weigh in every week so, I've avoided the temptation to weigh myself because they meet every Wednesday.. so I'm hoping to be pleasantly suprised next week. :p

You all sound like motivated ladies and I'd like to join in and give and get some support if that's ok!

Wide in Winnipeg
10-22-2005, 06:35 PM
Hullo Cullowhee!!!Welcome to the group!! I think I am a little concerned about your calorie intake..800-1400 just isn't enough for the average human being.I hope you take my advice and up it to at least 1200-1600 cals. a day and then maybe up your exercise if you want,not to much though.As for the weights,doing weights will make you "bulk" up,not to say that you will have big,ripped musles,but you may not see a dramatic change in your weight because muscle weighs more than fat!!I don't want any of my new friends to end up sick from improper diet or exercise so EVERYONE please be carefull,ok?I'll be back later to see what;s up!! Ciao for now,
Wendy

P.s. Thanks to Chick-in-the-hat, For the ticker instructions!!! :D

girl_in_cullowhee
10-22-2005, 06:57 PM
Thanks Wendy! I'm under a nutritionists supervision and she's having me ease it up a little bit. Before I saw her I just didn't know what to eat, so it was all boring salads and I could only eat so many salads! I don't really care about "bulking" :strong: lol I've got a lot of weight to lose and so I'm hoping that if I add some muscle I can be a little more tone when I slim down. I'll probably still be a little droopy and floppy but... hopefully it'll be better than nothin! I'll be safe, I promise!! :D

andreaphilip3
10-22-2005, 09:14 PM
welcome cullowee!
im afraid i must join wendy in her concern...actually im more concerned after reading a nutritionist is saying 800 a day is ok. its not. you think your tricking your body but its tricking you bc eventually itll shut dn and go to starvation mode. dont mean to sound like a downer its just ive been at this for years.

girl_in_cullowhee
10-22-2005, 10:13 PM
Hi andrea! Sorry for the confusion but she wants me up to 1500-1600. She's trying to get me to try different things because all I was eating was salad greens and I couldn't eat enough to get more than 800-1100 calories. Some days I tried to eat more because I've read that if you have a high intake one day and a low intake another etc, etc you're metabolism would stay high.... but I new at all this. I'm trying to try new veggies and add lean meats and whole grains. I've always been kinda picky LOL so I've got to acquire new tastes. It's hard to find new, healthy things I like. What are some of y'alls favorite healthy foods?

Wide in Winnipeg
10-23-2005, 12:16 AM
I love food!!I eat everything in moderation!Really! I love chicken ceaser salad,pasta with more sauce than pasta,potatoes (1 small baked),any kind of meat(2-4oz.) a day unless I have peanut butter,I even eat McDonalds from time to time, but I order a happy meal instead. of let's say a Big Mac meal .
The key for me is to get my lazy butt off the couch and get moving!!!See you all tomorrow!!!
Wendy

BrodeyAmos
10-23-2005, 01:00 AM
hey people, welcome cullowhee! you are so funny, this lined cracked me up b4 "I've been trying to throw in some weight lifting here and there. I've just never really known what to do with the weights!" anywayz glad to have u join our little group. i went out tonight to the city so i feel like i missed on a lot of these posts. and you know me im up to like 3 posts a day. lol

fav healthy foods- hummus, salmon, balance bars, tofu broccoli stir fry (yummy) spinach.....cottage cheese. you know whats good, i take grilled chicken spread hummus on it, slice it up and throw it in the microwave. then i put it over a salad. and eat it with italian dressing. but you dont need so much dressing cuz youve got all that yummy hummus.

good luck skinny minnies
Jen (im such a dork)

Wide in Winnipeg
10-23-2005, 10:51 AM
Wow,can't believe I'm the first one here today!!!Have a great day!!and talk later.....Oh, I lost another pound!!!Don't know how,I've been eating like a pig!
See you,Wendy! :lol:

andreaphilip3
10-23-2005, 12:02 PM
good morni ladies!
hey cull 1500-1600 is much healthier so im glad. i know its hard to find healthy stuff. im into salad w small amnts of dressing, grapes, pineapple, apples, clementines, kidney/gorbanzo beans, chicken/turkey, wheat pasta, s. wheat, bran
hi wendie! hows it goin? i didnt make the best choices yest but i did my best w pc just like you said. keepin breakfast/lunch in chk todaty bc dinner out again...pizza but i go w personal size. wtg on the loss!!

Rolls
10-23-2005, 06:11 PM
I hope you gals don't mind if I join you. I'm 24, 5' even and 134 lbs. Ever since i got married 2 years ago my weight has crawled upwards. You sould like ya'll are serious about supporting each other, and thats what I need. I come home from work and snack and sit & watch tv. I snack when i'm bored or stressed. Thats my huge downfall. I would love to get back down to 112 just by replacing stupid high calorie snacking with fruit or veggies and portion control. I would also love to be consistant with my workouts. I look forward to it....

andreaphilip3
10-23-2005, 09:56 PM
welcome!

pm me if u wanna be email pals cause im 34 and my goal is 125

Wide in Winnipeg
10-24-2005, 12:22 AM
I can't believe we are on page 5!!! We are doing such a wonderful job sticking to this thread!!! I am so happy!!!So, I know some of you have said their current weight,and goal weight ,but I would like to hear it from everyone again...Let me start,I started at 178lbs,worked my way down to 150lbs. and thats when I found "3fatchicks",since I started I think I lost about 8lbs,I put the scale away so I'm not sure,6lbs for sure!! My ultimate goal is about 128lbs.which for me I think is good.I am really small boned,and about 5ft7' so all this extra weight really looks stupid :lol: When I can get to a digital camara I will post the before and after pics.Hope youare all well..ANDREA,I hope you are doing better!!Talk to you all tomorrow!!
Wendy

girl_in_cullowhee
10-24-2005, 10:05 AM
Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't posted much over the weekend but it was hectic. I was trying to get some midterm projects put together that were due today because I procrastinated :devil: Anyways, the weekend went well as far as food and exercise went. I though about taking Sunday off of exercise b/c my husband and I were supposed to go to a family fish fry, but he slept in until noon so we didn't make it :p So I went to the gym while he was sleeping, and he still wasn't awake by the time I got back. I lost some poundage too! I'm down 4 pounds according to my scales at home. I couldn't wait until wednesday's weigh-in for the WL group *bad girl* As requested:

SW- 295
CW- 277.5
GW- 180

Way to go on your loss Wendy! Can't wait to see your pics!
Congratulations Andrea!
I hope you're feeling better Jen. It sucks being sick :(
Welcome Rolls!

Thanks everyone for the good food suggestions! They sounded really yummy, I'll have to try them out this week! Sorry for the long post.... hope you all have a great day ;) :carrot:

andreaphilip3
10-24-2005, 12:00 PM
hi ladies!!
5? we are on a roll!
HI WENDY!! thanks actually im still feeling bad but i just called the dr to ask for some cough syrup to kill the cough so i can jump back to normal routine. im attempting not to wi until i can exercise or my official wi day whichever comes first.
hi cull wtg on the loss!!! you went to the gym? good for you!

whats up jen? hope youre doin well!

BrodeyAmos
10-24-2005, 01:13 PM
:) hey girls, welcome rolls! my weekend was kinda nutty too. i got a new computer so i didnt really have time to sign online. too busy setting everything up. so anyway, 5 pages! woo hoo. we should have like a 10 page anniversary. lol im glad everyone is doing well. i think everything should be back to normal for me this week. with the gym and eating. i didnt have fitday for like 2 days. i was in withdrawal. but even when i set it up and went back, i still never went over my calories. so wtg me. hope everyone has a good day.

i started out last year at 195 :(
got to 152 in like 5 months (i dont even remember how) :D
then stopped and gained 20 lbs back :o
so i was 172 until about 2 months ago :mad:
found fitday and 3fatchicks :D
now im 161 and still trying :dizzy:
my goal is 140 :carrot:

i cant wait for the biggest loser tomm. night!
anybody else watch it?

WE CAN DO IT
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Wide in Winnipeg
10-24-2005, 01:50 PM
Hello Ladies! Thanks for your input!! And by the way,where are you getting all the cute stuff to put in your post ie,the cheerleaders?! I love themm!!! I love the dancing carrot too!!
Is anyone having problems with the Halloween candies??We don't get kids out here on the farm so I think I'll be ok.
So,today is the day my son goes to see his father for the first time in 3 months and I am a reck,I keep thinking he's going to walk out of the supervised visit with my boy and just keep going..He's a big guy,and even 10 girls and not going to stop him if that is what he decides to do..I am really FREAKED OUT.
Anyway,Lets try to think positive....HAVE A GREAT DAY LADIES
We busted our @$$e$ to get where we are so let's not screw it up and have regrets!! Until later,
Wendy
I had to have the dancing carrot!!!!! :carrot:

andreaphilip3
10-24-2005, 02:26 PM
hi jen! im sorry about youre weekend but im glad yre settling in.
wendie: i know that must be really scary but if its supervised it should be ok. will keep you in my thoughts:)

im waiting for the dr to call in some more med for me bc i just cant stand this cough anymorte!!
i aplogize i forgot my stats: 1 started at 188 1/4 and my goal is 125

BrodeyAmos
10-24-2005, 04:46 PM
i just looked through the smiley faces.....and i found the cheerleaders, very cute!

wendy--like u said think positive, everything will be fine (u have support!)
andrea--feel better!!!!!!! youve been sick forever!
cull--congrats! 4 lbs is amazing!

I cant wait til I start losing again! :ebike:

:grouphug:
group hug !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rolls
10-24-2005, 05:14 PM
I am going to leave work today and NOT sit down at the TV and EAT! I will however go for a nice brisk walk and have a Yummie salad for dinner.

Don't worry about the weekend you guys. It is behind us and no amount of remorse can change it. We can however attack the hours left in this day and prepare for the next. I've gotten into the habbit of putting some grapes in a baggie and filling up a gallon of water the night before each work day. Then in the morning all I have to do is grab my snacks for the day

andreaphilip3
10-24-2005, 05:45 PM
hi ladies!
hi jenn!!!! thanks hon...yea it has been awhile. i went to the dr a week ago and was sick almost a week bf i went. they called some syrup in the pharmacy today so im hopin thatll help.
rolls-planning is definitely key. im having chicken. how exciting.

dreadgurl
10-25-2005, 01:41 AM
Hi everyone !!!!!!!! i have read and caught up with everyone's posts.. great to see you are doing well. I have been inundated with school and work so its been crazy but .. i have bee doing good with my food intake. and I have been able to keep up with my walking. I havennt been to Curves in about 5 days but .. I am waking up and going tomorrow..

I started at 319 (yikes. its so hard for me to say ) .. but I am down to 300. woohooo :carrot:

My savior.. not driving to work and walking to and from. ..
other savior... yogurt !! best quick snack before class and keeps me up!!

Keep up the good work ladies. I will weigh in next week[COLOR=Indigo]

Wide in Winnipeg
10-25-2005, 02:17 AM
Hi there!! Just thought I'd let you all know that everything went great today!!! The bugger didn't even show up!!! Great for me, bad for him!!! :devil: Good thing I didn't tell my boy that he was supposed to see him!Man,I was so happy,I literally did this= :carrot: ,I'm not joking!! I was so happy!!! Good to be alive !!!Oh happy days!! Now I just have to wait till Nov.2 and see what the judge has to say... :( .Hope he/she is intelligent enough to figure out what the right thing to do is!! I know this has nothing to do with diet/exersice/weightloss,but it feels good to blab about it!! Thanks for reading this and I'll be back on topic tomorrow! See ya!
Wendy
'

andreaphilip3
10-25-2005, 12:29 PM
hi ladies!
wendy:im sorry he didnt show but i can see your not...hehe! gl w the judge!!

hi gurl: thats great! keep it up!
sup jen?
i need support ladies....i seem to be getting sicker despite all the meds and i wi at 1 1/2 up. i hate this! i think my period is coming soon and im surte that the meds are messing me up to. im feeling so down.

Wide in Winnipeg
10-25-2005, 01:05 PM
Hi ! Hey Andrea,Did you know that the average woman gains about 4lbs during the time of her cycle?? I have gained as much as 6lbs.! I really wouldn't worry about a little weight gain at this time of the month,it's normal!!!Hope this cheers you up! I am really getting concerned about your health,are you sure it's broncitus? Maybe it has turned into phnemonia by now :( I really hope not,I would get a second opinion,it's been 2 weeks already,and you seen to be getting worse.
Well it's my Tweedlebugs 2nd B-day today so I promised myself that I would limit my computer time today,I will try to come back for a bit this evening,but no garentees! Have a great day everyone,I'm rooting for you!!!
See ya,Wendy :carrot: I love this carrot!! :lol:

andreaphilip3
10-25-2005, 04:32 PM
hi wendy!
happy bday to your little one! thanks for the support and the concern. im concerned as well, but im going in thur morning so we'll see. i actually am noticing that im coughing a little it less today.

BrodeyAmos
10-25-2005, 06:38 PM
:carrot: hey girlies! (i love the carrot too) guess what? I WENT TO THE GYM THIS MORNING....IT FELT GREAT! i felt so lazy for that week that i didnt go. Im back on track!

:^: wendy-the mother usually wins over those kinda cases anyway, it'll all be fine. thats what were here for, so you can blab all you want. happy birthday to your tweedlebug!!!!!!!

:( andrea- you def. need to go to another doctor. i feel horrible that you feel so sick. just remember that your gaining weight not because you are lazy or unmotivated, but because youre sick. that will keep your spirits high. you'll be back on your feet in no time.

:smug: dreadgurl-19 lbs is great! keep up the good work.....and i'll be rooting for you and your weigh in.

:p rolls- i do the same thing.....i pack all my food the day b4. keeps me on track

im going to be working full time now tues thru sat so im not gonna get on fatchicks so much anymore....but i will make a huge effort to come back to this thread!

one more thing, i just wanna thank everyone for all the support, i think this is the longest ive been on a diet w/o breaking it. it all has to do with this thread!
Jen

andreaphilip3
10-25-2005, 06:43 PM
hi jen!!!!
youre so great at keeping my spirits up-ty! you went to the gym?! good for you sweetheart keep it up youre on a roll! i am finally coughing a bit less since the new med last night so lets hope this is the start of it going away. ill let ya'll know how my appt goes thursday.

are they any big loser fans in here?

BrodeyAmos
10-25-2005, 08:16 PM
i love that show, im addicted! i like andrea and matt........

Wide in Winnipeg
10-26-2005, 01:31 AM
:wave: HI!! we had fun at our party :woo: I am sooo tired :tired: I don't mean to be rude,but i'll talk to you all tomorrow,ok??
Wendy :moo:

girl_in_cullowhee
10-26-2005, 09:39 AM
I've started watching the bigget loser a couple of weeks ago. I was pretty disappointed they voted Pete off, but he does look great now! I saw it coming though... after all it is survivor-esque so they'll probably be more cut throat over the next few weeks.

I went and kicked my butt this morning lol. :faint: I though I might would die, but I get in an hour and twenty minutes on the cardio machines! I'm exhausted now. It's taking more and more to get my heart rate up, but I guess that's a good thing. I tried jogging some on the treadmill, but I had to alternate like a minute of jogging and 10 minutes of walking! :tread: It's getting really hard to get moving with this cold weather :snail:

I've started trying veggie burgers... they're kinda gross :p but I guess it's an acquired tasted... I'll get used to it.

jen~ Good luck! We'll miss you! Don't go and forget about us now! ;)
Wendy~ did you have TOO much fun? LOL ;) We'll see ya later!

Hope everyone has a great day!

andreaphilip3
10-26-2005, 11:10 AM
good morning ladies!
jen what did u think of last nights show? id love to see suzie, jeff and matt at the final 3.
cull:wtg thats awesome!
wendy: its ok, no apologies needed. rest up:)

Wide in Winnipeg
10-26-2005, 12:30 PM
Good Morning Ladies!! It's a brand new day!!
Jen I hope you don't forget about us!! I know you will be around!!
Andrea Can you tell me what t.v. station this Biggest Loser is on,I may not even get it!!
CullowheeGreat job on your workout!! I didn't have that much fun yesterday,even tried to watch what I ate!!half a piece of pizza and about 2 cups of salad with lemon water!!
Rolls I like to take baby carrots or fruit to go bars,they are really good and have natural sugers in them!!
Gurl Wow !!you are so lucky to be able to walk to work!! I would have to walk an hour just to get to the nearest bus!!I won't be doing that with a baby on my hip!!

Well girls, thats me for the day,check in with you all tonight!! :wave:

andreaphilip3
10-26-2005, 12:50 PM
hi wendy!
yes its nbc which in ny is ch 4 tue nights 8 pm eastern

BrodeyAmos
10-26-2005, 06:21 PM
:cry: im so mad that pete got voted off. he was the only one who was really genuine and didnt get all worked up over petty things. i want matt andrea and suzy...final three. i think the one with the glasses is really cute. :o i forget his name. i like andrea just because she reminds me of myself.

anyway......i hardly drank any water today, but ill do better tomm.

if anyone really loves tuna salad or egg salad but doesnt want all the calories from the mayo. theres a product called nayonaise thats really good. its a soy based spread thats used to replace mayo. its really good! the health food store by me uses it in all there salads. its only like 25 calories a tablespoon!!!!!!!! :hun:

tomorrow i start my new grooming job and im nervous. wish me luck! :wave:

andreaphilip3
10-26-2005, 08:00 PM
good luck jenn! youll do great!!:)

i cant have soy, but i do use the ff mayo in chicken salad. i wanna try the canola mayo on my other sandwiches

Wide in Winnipeg
10-27-2005, 03:40 AM
I can't believe that you guys only posted once today,I kind of miss you in the PM!! Talk tomorrow!
Wendy

girl_in_cullowhee
10-27-2005, 11:11 AM
I went to my first weight loss group meeting last night. When i get home tonight I'll post some things I learned if that's ok :) The group is kind of fun and they do a "biggest loser" lol The person who loses the most weight gets a little placard to sit in front of them the whole meeting. Weigh-in was ok... no change from when I weighed my self at home the day before.. I need to stop being obsessive about weighing myself :) Anyone beat that battle yet? Any advice on how to give up my scale addiction?

Jen~ Thank for the info! I'll have to see if my health food store carries that... wait, Do I have a health food store!? lol Good luck on your new job!

Wide in Winnipeg
10-27-2005, 01:34 PM
Good Morning Everyone, Hi Cullowhee,I also am obsessed with my scale,I put it in my van a couple of days ago and have managed to leave it there so far!! When I have to weigh myself,I'll do it outside! :crazy: Seem to be working for me!!
Wendy

BrodeyAmos
10-27-2005, 03:35 PM
:lol: hey guys! work was great today! i really like my new boss who is actually a coworker of mine from a yr ago. made it a lot easier. so i am really happy! i even got out a little early so now i have time to go the gym after work and b4 dinner. i actually forgot to weigh myself today!! :?: very unlike me. my mind is a million diff. places. lol so i hope everyone is doing well.

:goodscale CULL- i got the nayonaise from a health food store by me called Back to Earth. ok , i realized that when losing weight is the only thing on my mind that i weigh myself constantly. but when i balance out my priorities then i dont feel so obsessed about it. i used to go crazy like that, it was the only thing i though about, but that only sets up for failure. moderation is the key.

:rofl:WENDY!- you make me laugh "I also am obsessed with my scale,I put it in my van a couple of days ago and have managed to leave it there so far!! When I have to weigh myself,I'll do it outside!" that made my day lol lol lol

:barf: ANDREA- you didnt post yet today. where are you?? lol i hope youre feeling better !!!!!!! you better be.

:tread: :strong: :tread: :strong: :tread: :strong: :tread:

Wide in Winnipeg
10-27-2005, 07:08 PM
Andrea Where are you ? Are you OK??Getting worried...We all are...

andreaphilip3
10-27-2005, 09:49 PM
aww hey guys im here....im just a little bit upset:(

i unexpectly aquired a new dr last week and had aeally hard time w him bc i dont do well w men docs bc i dont trust em....(yes i have issues) anyway i had to go bk today bc im still sick and again had a hard time. i feel really bad bc he seems genuine and sweet and seems to care about helping but im afraid of him and hes managed to push a gyn exam on monday and i dont see how im supposed to get through anything like that when due to certain 'issues' ive got my hands full w a basic exam w him. i know its stupid and childish but i have panic attacks.

sorry to babble:( anyway, thanks for caring wendie and jen...((((( )))) hope you guys had a better day than me. jen im glad you love youre new job!
cull: good luck at youre wl group! i didnt go tonight im too sick

SunnyKells
10-28-2005, 12:22 AM
I really hope you girls will let me join you ... I've really loved this board so far, but I feel like everyone already has their group or something ... I don't know, everyone is supportive but I haven't found a little groupie that I can really fit into ... please please? LOL I know I sound like such a loser but I just really need a strong support system, I love to motivate & encourage people but I love to have people to talk to and just get advice & just lend an ear ... make sense?

Anyway, let me tell you something about myself here, I'm Kelli -- I'm 23 and living in Colorado! I have no siblings and most of my friends are skinny or happy being overweight (so they say) and same goes for my family ... I feel so alone in the little losing weight area here and it's making it harder not to have any support. Anyway, from reading a few of your posts, you sound like such sweet, genuine people and I'd really love to post here with y'all if you'll let me :)

*hugs*

Wide in Winnipeg
10-28-2005, 01:54 AM
:wave: hello ladies!!!
Andrea,I really hope you can get refered to a female doctor in the future,meanwhile maybe make sure there is a nurse in the room with you,might put you at ease a little bit,I hope so,I worry about you,did they give you new meds for your Broncitus? I really hope that clears up soon :fr: :fr: :fr: (that's me thinking about you!).Whenyou are better I will be doing this... :dance: :dance: :dance: Get well soon,I could use the exercise!!! :lol:

:welcome2: Kelli!! I know you will fit right in with us,just like coming home!!I think you got mixed up with a great bunch of gals!! :grouphug:
See you all tomorrow!!!
Wendy

girl_in_cullowhee
10-28-2005, 10:31 AM
:welcome2: Hi Kelli! It's great to have you here, I think we could all use all the support we can get!

Andrea~ I'm sorry to hear you're still sick and I hope you get better soon. Do you have a friend or relative that can go with you? I know it sounds weird lol but my grandma or stepmom used to go with me because I had a similar problem. Having a female nurse in the room is a great idea... my dr always brought one for liability reasons.... but it does help...

My scale's still sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor :goodscale
It's funny how I have the willpower to stay away from chocolate but not the willpower to put the scale away :lol:

Sorry I didn't get back last night. I will try once more to post some things tonight :p Have a great day!!

andreaphilip3
10-28-2005, 11:24 AM
tgif ladies!!!
welcome kelli! i know how you feel..i felt the same til i came here:)
thank you all so much for your suggestions and support!((( ))) there is a nurse in there by=ut at the moment, its still rough on me but i think its worth the trouble bc in the long run i will get better care.
wendy: i love your sense of humor! lol. i hope i get better soon too... im depressed im up 2 lbs from all this junk. god i hope i still weigh the same tomm. dont think i could take more than 2.

Courtney_w
10-28-2005, 12:50 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar057/slider-but5/lb/244/165/239/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Courtney_w
10-28-2005, 12:56 PM
Hi guys sorry for the first post I am new to this. You guys seem really nice and supportive. Support is what I need and I am hoping you let me join this thread. I have been talking about loosing weight now for a while but I am serious about it this time!!!!! HELP!!!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar057/slider-but5/lb/244/165/239/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

andreaphilip3
10-28-2005, 01:35 PM
hi courtney... welcome!

BrodeyAmos
10-28-2005, 06:30 PM
hey girlies!!!!!!! :welcome: :carrot: welcome to our little group COURTNEY and SUNNY!

:wave: how is everyone doing today? i beat myself up at the gym this morning, i was so tired that when i was stretching on the matt i layed down for a little and almost drifted off. no joke. lol people mustve thought i was crazy.

:welcome3: sunny and courtney: we are such a caring group of people who really help eachother out, I dont think i wouldve lasted this long w/o this place. you will fit right in with us!!!!

ok once again i forgot to weigh myself, maybe its subconcious. maybe i dont want to see that im still the same weight again. well ill def try to tomm.

i have a new method, for every week i workout 3 or 4 days i get dessert. (like real dessert) thats the hardest part for me. cuz eating healthy is now second nature. working out is still a motivational problem w/ me.

so i hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!!

andrea- feel better, please! we are all cheering you on

:balloons:

andreaphilip3
10-28-2005, 06:56 PM
hi girls!
hey jen!!! hows work? wtg on goin to the gym!!!! lol on almost falling asleep...hehe. i almost fell asleep in the docs office yest on the table while he was massaging my back....it felt sooo good that i almost 4got he was the one doin it! lol.
im hating the breathing treatments but i guess its helping. today is my last antib. pill so im happy bout that. mom canceled my gyn exam for mon cuza my period so ill be able to enjoy the weekend(sorta)
tomm is my wi and im sorry if thou offend but at least i eliminated the constipation element so maybe thatll make the scale drop a little and reduce the gain. sigh.....

Wide in Winnipeg
10-28-2005, 07:44 PM
Has anyone told you "I LOVE YA!" today????Well consider yourself told!!!
:chockiss:
Welcome to the club Courtney! You are going to love it here!!! I think we have a really great thread here,and I really do love these girls..They are really supportive,and they listen to me babble all the time!!
They probably want to tape my mouth shut sometime!! :tape:
well girls ,I best be off,I have a date!! ;)

andreaphilip3
10-28-2005, 07:51 PM
hi wendy!

was that for me? it it was, all i can say is god bless you bc as a matter a fact im not feeling loved or worth anything bc i just got off the phone w my chiropractor and explained why i missed my treatment and i was in pain and he said his sob boss who thinks im worth nothing said i have to wait til 11-9 unless something opens up and im just sitting here crying!:(

((((( )))))
andrea

SunnyKells
10-28-2005, 08:42 PM
Thank you so much everyone for making me feel so welcome! Glad to see another newbie too ... hi Courtney.

I know you don't me Andrea -- but don't cry :( I feel bad for ya and wish I could give you a hug (((hugs))) You'll get through this ... feel better soon.

Anyway, I'll come back later tonight ... I need to go workout before I talk myself out of it! :D

andreaphilip3
10-28-2005, 08:58 PM
hiya kelli!:waving:

thats so nice .....ty ((((( ))))) back youre right- i am having a very hard time right now-im sick, im in pain(have injuries) having anxiety attacks(largely due to struggling w establishing a rapport w a new GP) and the last thing i need is for some stupid a$$ doctor going out of his way to make me more miserable(and yes, its definitely a personal conflict) one youd think id be used to by now....guess not hes always hard to 'swallow'. i shoulda coughed all over him last week when he purposely humiliated me in front of a room full of patients.....i only hope he felt like the muck that he is when his receptionist looked at him like'i dont know why dont you ask her yourself shes right there'

hey we made it to 100!

SunnyKells
10-28-2005, 09:04 PM
What the heck is wrong w/ this doctor?!?!? How freaking rude Andrea! That's a load of crap sista. I hope everything turns around for you very soon hon!

Wendy, A date?!?!?! hubba hubba! How'd it go?!??!

I hope when you weigh yourself this week you lose Jen! maybe since you've been plateauing you will lose big :) I will keep my fingers crossed for you ... there's nothing worse than a plateau!

Talk to you lovely ladies soon! :)

andreaphilip3
10-28-2005, 09:39 PM
thanks kelli....

hes a jerk which obviously is putting it nicely. its hard bc i know it was hard for my dr to have to take orders from him and tell me that bc he knows why i wasnt at my appt and i told him everything that was going on and hes a sweetheart so i know he feels badly. hes the only reason i go there....

oh well. at least in the meantime hes gonna attempt to contact the new gp that ive been struggling with and try to smooth things over so that he understands why im having panic attacks in there. the world would be a much better place if all were like him:)

jen: gl w youre wi. not lookin fwd to mine....
btw its takin all ive got not to binge tonight....

BrodeyAmos
10-28-2005, 09:50 PM
:dunno: andrea-i dont know what to say to make you feel better. when something bad is going on in my life i always think about how in a month i'll look back on it and wont even be able to remember it. bad times always subside. sooner or later you'll be at the gym going "remember that time when i was so sick i couldnt workout?" that doctor is a SOB. people suck, except for us lol. feel better hun!!!!!!! and if youre feeling down...laugh! even if you make yourself by watching a funny movie or thinking of silly times with your friends and family. you'll feel better. laughter is natures medicine!

:D kelli-thanks for the support! keep those fingers crossed....maybe even cross your toes! and fold your arms and if you could braid your hair that would be great......i need all the luck in the world! lol

:cofdate: wendy!- you sexy thing you...... good luck on your date!!!!!!!!

:dance:JEN:dance:

andreaphilip3
10-28-2005, 11:30 PM
jen...((((( ))))) thank you! you always manage to pick up my spirits and for that i am greatful! i really wanna workout....i think the hardest part scale wise has been it has taken me so long to break a plateau asnd then when i finally did i got sick and now im up further than i was bf i broke it:( thanks again.....

Wide in Winnipeg
10-29-2005, 02:27 AM
Well girls,it's 12:06am,date left,yippie,time to sleep..nice guy but.....you know.Anyway...AndreaI think it's time to get yet another new Doc..I don't know how hard that is where you are,but I would def. start looking now.
You girls are the best!!!!
Well,my overly boring evening has ended on a good note!!YOU!!
See Ya all tomorrow!!(wish I could!) :genie:
Wendy

andreaphilip3
10-29-2005, 11:57 AM
hi guys!
happy saturday!!!! wendy im sorry bout youre date.... thanks 4 the support....im gonna see if i can slowly get used to him bc he knows tons bout cp so thats a major plus and hes exremely patient.
i gained 3/4.

SunnyKells
10-29-2005, 01:02 PM
oh no, sorry the date wasn't that great Wendy!

Jen, hope the weigh in went well ... that is if you did it girlie! Oh and I crossed everything imaginable! :)

Andrea it's cool he knows so much ... though he's an *** .... I guess if I were you, I'd stick it out as long as I could but dang he's just ... ahhhh! LOL But I can see why you'd be torn to leave ....

Anyway chickadees, I am gonna go try to do one of these workout videos I got ... it's Jillian Michaels (off The Biggest Loser) and I kinda skimmed through one last night and it is SOOOOO going to kill me! If I don't come back, you'll know why! LOL

*hugs to you all*

GeorgiePorgie
10-29-2005, 01:58 PM
Hi everyone! I started my diet today and would love to be a member of your group. A bit about me...I am a 37 year old mother of 1 son-age 8 named Eddie. Hence, the user name. No, I'm not a guy in disguise! :) I have been married to my husband for 20 years, my high school sweetheart. Anyway, I am 5'6" and weigh 1) 218 according to the doctors scale 2) 210 according to the home scale. AND I'M SURE MY HOME SCALE WOULD NEVER LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, I am going to use my home scale as the base because all of my weigh ins will be on that one. So, I look forward to getting to know all of you and hopefully become friends! Wish me luck with this endeavor. My motto: Diet is DIE with a T. Help me change that!!!!!!!! :)

andreaphilip3
10-29-2005, 02:09 PM
welcome eddie!
we can do this!
hi kelli!!!!!! have a great workout! you know what? duh!!!! to me bc i just realized you guys meant the chiro doctor!!! lmao! no way ill never go til he does he takes awesome care of me i just we HE knew how awesome he was! i know i get the best care i just wish there werent any strings...aka:his boss but oh well. so whats everyone doin today? im still chillin.....i get to eat alot of my fav foods today bc its my off day. so far ive eaten a bagel w cream cheese and im going out to dinner i think. if not i will grill a cheeseburger.

SunnyKells
10-29-2005, 02:24 PM
Welcome Eddie! :)

You don't want that motto woman! hahahaha Though I would've agreed with you before; actually I still do. That's why I can't think of it as dieting. Try thinking of it more like a life change -- no diets, throw it out the window (if it works for you) and just try to make healthier decisions in your eating habits & working out ... When I get my lunch out @ work people say "oh yuck, are you on a diet?" and I try to say (w/out sounding like a big ******) "No, I'm just trying to get healthier" or something like that ... I ALWAYS fail when I think of it as a diet because you're right, they suck! But if I just think hey I want to be thinner, I want to buy smaller clothes, I want to be healthier ... all those things ... I can make them happen! Does that makes sense? It doesn't work for everyone though ... but yeah, no more dying w/ a T! LOL haha :)

Hey miss Andrea ...

Oh man girls, I am near death! That workout killed me and I probably did at about 30% ... like I know that sounds like I was being super duper lazy but until you try, don't knock ... I was so out of breath & light headed and just felt like I wanted to die! LOL I worked up a really good sweat and feel better ... though I do feel like I might die in a few minutes ... hahaha I am not used to working out at all though ... I became a lazy butt for about the last 6 months to a year so that's a little reason why I'm probably so bad at this workout but yeah .. hopefully the more I do it, the more I'll be able to do and w/out feeling like I migh keel over! LOL

Hope you girls are having a fabulous day ... I'll be back later gators!

andreaphilip3
10-29-2005, 02:52 PM
LOL kelli!
thats funny-youre not lazy!! we all know jillian is a kick a$$ trainer so i can only imagine! good for you girlie....stay w it:) way to handle the outside public-getting healthierm is a great way to put it.

SunnyKells
10-29-2005, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the motivation Andrea! I will stay w/ it ... I gotta get hot! lol

andreaphilip3
10-29-2005, 03:44 PM
youll do it.....you will you will!:)

BrodeyAmos
10-29-2005, 04:32 PM
:cb: ok ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my plateau is officially over!!!!!!!! im down 3 pounds! woo hoo. im so happy! thank the lord it is over i was getting really frustrated....well i hope everyone is doing well. i just got off of work and im exhausted....my brain cant comment on any of the recent posts , but i did read em, dont worry.

:welcome: welcome eddie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cp: ps- thanx kelli for all the crossing!!!!!!!

SunnyKells
10-29-2005, 04:36 PM
The crossing worked! WOOHOO! I'm so proud of the 3 lbs girlie! You are awesome! You rock Jen! :bravo:

Thanks Andrea - my WW bud! :ebike:

andreaphilip3
10-29-2005, 05:25 PM
wtg jenn!!!!

GeorgiePorgie
10-29-2005, 09:00 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes! I am glad to have found some new friends. I'm hoping to check in at least once a day to both give and receive support. So...see you all around!
Georgie

Wide in Winnipeg
10-29-2005, 10:34 PM
Hello everyone!!! :welcome3: to Eddie!!! Well listen girls,we are almost on page 10! :woo: You guys are great to stick to this thread!!! :cp: :cp: :cp:

TO:::DonnaFL chickieDREADGIRLckick in the hatKathylynn
WHERE ARE YOU???

Don't make me come looking for you!!!!

Congrates to your 3 lbs.Jen!! :dance: :dance: :dance:
See ya all later,not much to gossip about today! :gossip:
Wendy

andreaphilip3
10-29-2005, 11:25 PM
hiya wendy!:wave:

hi kellyyyyyy!!:D hope yre havin a great night!

SunnyKells
10-30-2005, 12:07 AM
Hey Georgie ... hope you are enjoying your Saturday!

Hi Wendy! Hope you are having a fabulous Saturday night! :)

Hi Andrea! I e-mailed you miss thang ...

I hope ALL of you are having a good weekend ... anyone dressing up for Halloween? LOL You just never know, so I thought I'd ask! :)

Wide in Winnipeg
10-30-2005, 01:18 AM
Well Girls!! I think we have to start a new thread!!!!
Shall we call it "a few good friends-Part 2?? I'll set it up,you meet me there!! until tomorrow!!
Wendy

They won't let us go past 10 pages :( :( :( :(

SunnyKells
10-30-2005, 01:39 AM
Sounds good to me Wendy!