South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 12:23 AM   #1  

Wink New to this forum, but not to the Beach )

Hello all,

Have been lurking for a bit and thought I would introduce myself.Im a working mom of 4. Have been on the Beach for almost 2 yrs, and have lost 124 lbs,from 349 to 225.
Have been the same weight for a few months so thought I would ask if anyone else has has this long of a stall in their weight loss. Any idea's on how to get it moveing again would be great.

I have had a personal trainer for about a month, and can tell the difference in inches, but would love to be under 200 lbs before christmas ( a present to me ).

I work out 4-5 days a week, lots of cardio )

I have enjoyed reading all the support you all give each other and would love to give some back in some way
Old 10-17-2005, 02:58 AM   #2  

Wow.. your weightloss is fabulous

Welcome to the forum and I hope that you get the support that you want to see you drop to your goal weight.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:03 AM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, Talany!

Glad to have you here with us! It's so good to have someone here who's been on SBD for so long! I think it's an amazing plan.

I would think that it's quite possible that your weight isn't moving because you are developing muscle and losing fat. The best way to check that (besides your inches) is to have someone who is well trained use calipers to check your fat percentage. Make sure they know what they are doing! Otherwise the number won't be right. You can check in the exercise forum for help on what they should be doing so you can judge for yourself if it's a good reading.

That said, yes, I've been on a plateau for a long time before. What might be happening is that you are eating too many calories for your smaller size. Or it might just be that your body is taking a break.

Some things to do:
  • Drink more water
  • Change the type of exercise you are doing, do interval training, do your exercise at a different time of day
  • Change what you are eating...more starch/less fruit, more fruit/less starch or when you are eating it.
  • Up your veggie intake
  • If all else fails, try eating some sugar or carbs (I can't really honestly recommend this, but it has worked in the past when I did this by mistake or through frustration! ) in a controlled manner, then do P1 again until your cravings go away.
  • Try doing Phase 1 for a week.

Good luck and I hope we'll see you around more often!
Old 10-17-2005, 12:28 PM   #4  

It's good to see someone who has stuck with this for so long. I think that I can see how easy that could be because, even after only being on this for a few months, I can see that the way we shop and eat out is very different than it used to be. Like they say, this IS a new way of life. It's NOT a diet.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:05 PM   #5  

Welcome and congratulations on your weight loss
Old 10-17-2005, 01:37 PM   #6  

Default Thanks for the welcome

I appreciate the welcome and the tips. hope I can be an encouragement to all of you also.

I had not thought about the muscle gain beachgal, thants a good point, am also going to shake some things up and try a different exercise, As i did today walking a trail instead of the treadmill or eliptical.

Love yourself more than food. Be your best friend !

Closed Thread