Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 04:55 PM   #1  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Thread for 10/16 thru 10/21

Here we go with the new week's thread. Everyone have a good week. I woke up this morning thinking it was Monday & wondered why everyone was still in bed!!!

Luckily I realized it was Sunday before I woke everyone up!!! Won't I be something when I'm really old?
Old 10-17-2005, 02:33 PM   #2  

Thanks Kitty for starting the thread. Well I am officially back at work and back in the swing of things. I was doing so good until I ate taco bell for lunch. But I will just count the pts and move on. I am just dying to know when our WW will re-open. It is killing me. I am so ready just to go in and weigh and get it over with and get back on track. Hopefully the gain won't be too bad.
Have a great day everyone!
Marcie
Old 10-18-2005, 12:51 PM   #3  

Hi, everybody!? How's it going?

Are you going to watch the Biggest Loser Tonight? How about The Amazing Race? Does anyone watch that? I've never seen it, but I always hear good things about it.

I have one more week left of maintance, before I become lifetime (if all goes well). I'm so excited to be able to attend the meetings for free. Yippee!!

My dad called today, and he's going to be staying with me tonight and tomorrow night, because he's attending a conference in my city. That should be fun, but I'll have to clean BIG-TIME before he gets here tonight.

Have a good day!! Stepanie
Old 10-18-2005, 02:25 PM   #4  

Steph-WOO HOO on almost being a Lifetimer....AWESOME! I can't imagine what that might feel like. I am so excited for the Biggest Loser tonight....I just love that Suzie...I think she is a doll so I am pulling for her...she is kinda struggling right now though emotionally...have fun cleaning...I hate cleaning with a passion!!
Old 10-18-2005, 02:55 PM   #5  

Ahhhh to be at lifetime! Wow just to save the money is GREAT! Enjoy your visit with your father. Think of the calories you burn cleaning ;0
Old 10-18-2005, 03:11 PM   #6  

Stephanie! I am soooo proud of you!!!! What an inspiration you are!!!! ENjoy seeing your dad. UGHHH! Cleaning, the only downfall to guests LOL

Marcie-I like Suzie too, her build reminds me alot of myself. I have never watched Amazing race, my mother in law does though she LOVES it!

I worked out yesterday and I over did it. Figures LOL. But I got in four workouts this week. I will go back to my meetings tonight atfer last weeks online fiasco. I am hoping to be dwn this week b/c next week is TOM so I know I will be up. Did you know WW does a no weigh in? If you don't want to weigh in you don't ahve to. Not sure how often you can use it, but our leader has mentioned it a few times.

UGHHH mys on is tearing apart the Mad Gab Game!! Only 8,000 cards all over my office. That kid is fast!!!! BYES
Old 10-18-2005, 04:04 PM   #7  

For some reason this week I've just not been with it -- I have used a few of my flex points (which I hate doing) and I've not been exercising at all. I hope this 'phase' passes. I feel so yucky right now.

Hope you are all having a great week so far!
Old 10-18-2005, 05:20 PM   #8  

Misty-Girl I feel good things happening for you tonight...you had a good workout week...you've done well..can't wait to hear your weigh in!

Kendrea-Don't worry about using those Flex Pts..thats what they are there for...I LOVE EM Hee Hee...sometimes we just go through "funks"...hope you are feeling better tomorrow!! Oh and I just noticed your ticker..wow you are doing awesome! Can't wait to be in your shoes!
Old 10-19-2005, 07:59 AM   #9  

Good Morning!!!!

It's the first day of a new week for me since I weighed in last night. Down 3.5 pounds I might add! Two pounds away from 197.5, which is where I was like 4 or 6 weeks ago LOL. I'll get there, I need to really focus if I want to make my Christmas Goal. When I set it it was just a pound a week, now I have some catching up to do. I have never made a goal like that I have always fallen short by a pound or 20 LOL. This week our leader had us right down 1 thing we want to work on, just one thing to focus on. Mine is to stay on track over the weekend. It will be hard b/c I am going to Pumpkinville with my kids and my parents. We are going to pizza hut afterwards. So wish me luck I have been known though to just not eat at pizza hut and focus on feeding my kids and since there will also be my four adopted sibling to contend with I may not get to eat anyway LOL.

Kendrea-We all have bummy weeks. The trick is to try a new each day. Our leader this week really talked about planning a head and writing down what you will eat before you eat it. That way you are likely to stay with it. That works for some. But Don't be like me and chalk a week up as junk and eat whatever until weigh in day

Back in the day WW gave you a range of point ie)18-24 or something . You could choose a target anywhere in that range and if you didn't use all 24 you could "bank" them and use them later. Now they give one set number and flex points. Flex points kind of make up for banking. They are figured into your caloric needs for a week and are there to be used. So go ahead use them up. WW wouldn't give them to you if they thought they would make you gain I try really hard to save mine for the weekends. It gives me the "flex"ability to eat with family and friends without feeling like I can't enjoy my normal weekend things. I still have to practice moderation, but I have a bit of room for the cheesecake you know? Someone else I knew saved them for a glass of wine a couple nights a week, then when the weekend came she counted out the number of light beers she could drink based on how many she had left. Then she'd put that many beers in the cooler for tailgating or campning and she stayed within her points but was able to live her normal life. So use 'em Sista and don't be afraid of them

Last edited by MistySeptember; 10-19-2005 at 08:13 AM.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:25 PM   #10  

Good advice on using flex points. I don't use them and I am loosing very slow I think I should use them. I have a problem with trying to be perfect and guess what perfect is using those flex points.

Have to share my wonderful news with my sistas my oldest daughter is pregnant with her first child. I get to be a grandmother I am so excited. It hit me today that my baby will be a mommy on Mothers Day.

Well a while back I said I just never wanted my grand children who I don't have to know me as fat grandma. So I have to stick to this and get this weight off! So I can be the fun fit granny
Old 10-19-2005, 01:38 PM   #11  

HUGE CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER, LUFLIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll make a great grandmother!!!
Old 10-19-2005, 02:13 PM   #12  

Awww Luflic...I have tears in my eyes...I am so happy for you. My DD has turned my mom into a softy...she adores Libby...and Libby has her MiMi wrapped around her finger!! You'll see!! Congrats!!

Oh and girl...use those Flex Pts...actually on a serious note...If you start eating them, I'll be curious to see if it jumpstarts your loss. Definitely let us all know!

BIG HUG TO YOU GRANDMOMMY TO BE!
Old 10-19-2005, 08:02 PM   #13  

Ahhhh you ladies are the best thanks for making me feel so special!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2005, 05:21 PM   #14  

Ok....had a long post and it disapeared...is that weird?
Old 10-20-2005, 09:34 PM   #15  

I had that happen yesterday, Marcie.

Went out to dinner and stuck to my points. So far so good. DD threw her first public tantrum. Yeah thatw as a good time. DH had her at the time and he handled it well. We ate dinner very late and went to the store to buy a birthday gift and it was way too close to bed time. We really set ourselves up for it by pushing the kids that late. That's the downfall of living out here, it's an event to run to town.

Well I'm off to bed since the TV remote is missing LOL. Have a great day tomarrow eveyrone. I hope we hear form some of our MiA Sistas soon, where are they all?
~misty
Closed Thread