Old 10-16-2005, 03:28 PM   #1  

Default chicken breast and other proteins

Hi everyone,

I am in a chicken breast rutt. I went to pull some out of the freezer today and felt almost sick to my stomach. I have baked, sauteed, grilled and taco saladed chicken breast, but I need some new ideas quick. I had this glazed chicken breast this weekend and I want to try something like that at home, so I will look for a recipe today on the web, but I need some ideas quick, before i go back to burgers and pork chops

Does anyone have some good chicken breast or other protein recipes that aren't all dry the next day?
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 04:06 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

how about a chicken salad with lite mayo, grapes, celery and onion? Maybe fajitas or chicken breast stuffed with spinach and finely chopped mushrooms?
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 05:30 PM   #3  
208/180/125

I used some no-fat dressing (catalina, I think) when I made some chicken breasts.
It tasted a bit different...and was a "change"...also check out some BBQ sauces avaialble in your area...make sure you "marinate" it for a day prior to cooking it...to maximize your flavor impact--I also "beat the heck" out of my chicken breasts--flatten them to make them more uniform in thickness. (like you would do to make chicken cordon bleu, or something that). This helps the flavor permeate the meat a bit better.
Good luck!
--Dee
dee in az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 09:40 AM   #4  

Shennie -I'm also pretty boring when it comes to chicken -- but I usually freeze it with marinade, so when it comes down to the fridge and thaws, the marinade really flavors.

But for other proteins - I use eggs, ground turkey, canned tuna, and the vegie burgers (love morningstar farms garden veg burgers) - and if I have a lc/hc then I get a starch and a protein taken care of the same time.

And you can have pork OP, right?

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote