Old 10-14-2005, 03:14 PM   #1  
redhead veggie

Default Low calories and not losing?

So I did fitday real good for a while, realized that I hang around 1200 calories usually. Sure I'm over some and under some.

But I havne't lost anything! Since I'm 174 I'm supposed to be at 1740 calories to lose weight, right?

But I heard that if you go real low it's like starving yourself, but I force myself to eat most of the time.

Can you do an 800 calorie diet or something similar and still be relatively healthy? I'm just not understanding how I can have cut my calories so low and not have lost anything... Just confused.

Has this happened to anyone else?
superchar42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 04:30 PM   #2  
hippie

Maybe it's the quality of the calories you're eating? I'm not sure, I'm new here, but I know some people just metabolize things differently so if you're getting all of your calories from sugar or something like that, you can still not lose weight. Also, maybe it's just water weight that you're putting on? Are you taking in alot of sodium? Just the first things that pop into my head...

I hope you find out what it is and I hope you stay healthy! Good luck!
girl_in_cullowhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 05:45 PM   #3  

How long have you been doing 1200 calories? From what I've read in other peoples posts with similar problems the consensus seems to be that sometimes you're not getting enough calories to lose.
Are you working out? I've plateued numerous times and found that what I needed was to boost up my workouts. I wasn't pushing myself hard enough. Also strength training if you're not doing it now would be a good idea.
byebigbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 06:35 PM   #4  

How long have you been on your plan? You need to give it some time for your body to get adjusted to the calorie intake. You may want to vary your calories a bit from day to day but don't go below 1200 calories (your body gets used to it so one day do 1300 and one day 1200 and one day 1250 etc). Also, like someone else said, make sure you are drinking your water or you will retain water.
Are you just lowering your calories or are you exercising too?? Exercise is important in weight loss too.
Just give it some time and see if you start to lose. It may take awhile for you to start. One more thing, if it is around your time of the month then you may even gain weight. Just a thought.

Good luck and don't give up!
Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 02:18 PM   #5  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I didn't go through too many days in your fitday journals, but IMO your are eating a lot of starchy foods (bread, breakfast bars, popcorn and so on) Maybe bulk up more on salads (low or no fat dressing, of course) and veggies. I see you are exercising - that's great! Maybe build up to working out longer times...try to get up to at least 30-45 minutes a day.
Patience - you will get there - we all get stuck on a plateau. The key is just keep up the good work and you will see results!!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 10:42 AM   #6  
redhead veggie

I've been lax in my exercising as of late. ...and for a few days have been slipping.

I should think about salad again. And drinking more water.

Thanks for the input.
superchar42 is offline   Reply With Quote