Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-13-2005, 12:08 PM   #1  
getting healthier!

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5'6

Unhappy weight loss at a stand still...someone help, please

hi my name is jen and i am new to 3fatchicks. i started my weight loss about a yr ago. i was a depressing 195lbs. i got to 152 but gained a lot back. so i started over. i started at 172 and its been almost 2 months and im down to 161. the only thing is i cant seem to get past this weight. i think im stuck. i have stepped up my work out. and im eating the same. im hoping that im just gaining muscle, thats why my weight wont budge. anyway i need some pointers. anyone have any tips for being stuck at a plateau??

thanx !!!
BrodeyAmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:21 PM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Wow....what I wouldn't GIVE to be a depressing 195 lbs!!

Have you considered changing your food--maybe eating a few more calories at certain times? I eat every 3 hours to keep my metabolism going.

How many calories are you consuming? How much of it is protein? Give us a sample menu in your day so we can see what you're eating.

Also, how much cardio is in your workout?
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 01:06 PM   #3  
getting healthier!

well i eat about 1100-1200 calories a day.....i eat small meals regularly. im doing a low fat diet. this was the week i actually stepped up the cardio, and still the scale wont budge. i dont get it. i do eat about 40% carbs 30% protein 30% fat i try to always keep the fat below 30.

hope this helps

maybe i need to eat more calories?
Old 10-13-2005, 01:09 PM   #4  
getting healthier!

oh and i didnt mean to be offensive about the "depressing 195". sorry. to each his own...for me it was just a low. i come from a long line of big people.....5 lbs away from 200 was like a wake up call.

sorry again
Old 10-13-2005, 01:16 PM   #5  
Mel

That doesn't look like a low fat diet to me, but a low calorie diet for your current size. How long have you been eating that amount? What kinds of foods make up those calories? What do your workouts look like? what kind of cardio/ weighlifting are you doing? How long, how often and what are your intensity levels? You need to change something, but we need more info to help you

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 01:37 PM   #6  

You've lost 11 pounds in "almost two months"...how long, exactly, have you been "stuck" at this weight?
mousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 01:38 PM   #7  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Jen don't worry...you didnt offend me! I'm just envious is all....as you can see I have a LONG way to go to get there.

How long have you been in a plateau?
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 06:08 PM   #8  
getting healthier!

ok from what i gathered from the replies, i feel like i was not being patient with myself. i was just a little upset this morning cuz the scale was in the same spot from 2 weeks ago. i kinda panicked. im used to dropping at least 1 lb, u know? anyway thanx....i think i have it under control now. just a little impatient. lol