100 lb. Club - October NSVs

View Full Version : October NSVs

barbygirl43
10-11-2005, 01:16 PM
I looked back and didn't see one for this month (I could've swore I saw one last week but it's not showing up now.)
Anyway, I just wanted to brag a moment on myself. Just over 3 weeks ago I recommitted myself to becoming healthy, focusing more on exercise and less on diet at this time and I've made it through 3 weeks of exercise about 1 hour a day for 6 days a week. I had a bad 4-day binge from Thursday-Sunday but kept up my exercise and I am totally back on track again. :D

boiaby
10-11-2005, 02:05 PM
Woo Hoo!! You go girl! Wow, even in spite of the binge? Now that's impressive! It sounds like you're really getting a handle on this stuff Dawnyal. I know it's been really difficult for a while now, but I just want you to know that you're doing awesome and I'm so proud of you!

Beverly

DishyFishy
10-13-2005, 12:27 PM
Good for you, Dawnyal! :bravo: An hour a day for three weeks is a great achievement! I'm proud of you for keeping it up during a bad weekend too. Well done!

I was a little down last night, feeling as though I'm losing some of my enthusiasm, so hubby suggested I try on my jeans in the next size down (UK16) to check my progress. The bum, hips, and legs fit perfectly, and they're actually a wee bit slack around the waist. :D What a boost!

barbygirl43
10-13-2005, 12:48 PM
That is aweseom Ali. I bet that was a great boost to keep up your enthusiasm.

howie6267
10-13-2005, 12:54 PM
Good for you Dawnyal. That is great that you have been exercising. I need to do that myself.

Dishy that is such a good feeling to get into smaller clothes.

alphabetsoup
10-14-2005, 03:10 AM
Dawnyal! That is awesome! :cheer:

Ali! WOoooHoooo! :cheer:

famograham
10-14-2005, 01:32 PM
Go Dawnyal and Ali!!!! :cheer:

I'll add my wedding dress one here too: I was married on Aug 25th 1996 at 18 years old...I'm going to be wearing my wedding dress for halloween (exciting!). I went to try it on (something I wouldn't have attempted a few months ago) and it's actually a little bit too BIG!!!!! Whoopie :D

I love NSV's :)

oxxoxo
Linda

DishyFishy
10-14-2005, 02:39 PM
That's a lovely NSV, Linda. I expect to see a piccie from your Hallowe'en do. :yes:

famograham
10-14-2005, 03:11 PM
Thank you, Ali! :)

I will post a pic as soon as I can...could be till Christmas..:lol:

xoxo
Linda

Sheila53
10-17-2005, 08:20 PM
I haven't lost a darn ounce in weeks, but I'm happy to say that my pants are so much looser. Put on a pair that have always been a little tight, and they are actually a bit loose in some areas. I attribute that to my increase in weight lifting. Think I'll quit weighing every week because that part is kind of discouraging.

synger
10-18-2005, 09:12 AM
My clothes are looser. I was able to wear a skirt and sweater set last week that I haven't worn in about three years. And my "small" underwear, that I only pull out when I'm desperate, actually fit.

goalnorolls
10-18-2005, 09:52 AM
I gained .4 this week. I'm bloated beyond bloated. BUT the nsv here is that I can tell when I'm bloated! :) how sick is that?

My pants were so snug on my belly yesterday but the waist of my jeans were loose. Instead of coming home and laying on the couch whining I loaded up the kids and walked to the park and fed the ducks. I got on a SWING and my kids just laughed. But we had fun and I remember thinking this is why I'm doing this so that I can do things like this more often.

Sandi
10-18-2005, 09:59 AM
Great NSV's everyone!!!! :D

barbygirl43
10-18-2005, 10:46 AM
WTG on fitting in some clothes-Synger and Sheila.
Liz-that is awesome. Just remember that each time you start feeling like you don't want to continue. :)

WinterWonder
10-18-2005, 10:56 AM
I don't know if this falls under NSV, but for the first time ever, I strayed from the diet path and found it again in only 3 days. It usually takes me closer to 5 months. I'd say that's a victory.

DishyFishy
10-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Good going, everyone! :cp: I love this NSV thread! It's such a great reminder that the scales don't tell anything like the whole story. As time marches on, I'm becoming far less obsessed with my "number", and much more tickled with the other signs that I'm becoming healthier.

I have another one: Hubby weighs somewhere around my goal weight, and in the past I've been embarrassed that my shadow was twice the width of his. :o We went for a walk together this morning, and I was struck by how much smaller my shadow is compared to what it was. :lol:

Sheila53
10-18-2005, 02:17 PM
WinterWonder, that's definitely a victory!! :bravo:

I love NSVs, too, because they make us so aware of all the little changes that add up. DishyFishy, absolutely love the shadow story. :)

luflic
10-18-2005, 02:24 PM
This week I lost 1.5 but the great victory is due to the support I got from several of you. I stuck with it and persevered even though I had remained the same for two weeks. I went to that site you reccommended Wendys plan and that helped. Shiela I went to the weight lifter and that helped so Thank you so much for your wise words and encouragement to me.

YP1
10-18-2005, 03:44 PM
I can fit in the same pair of jeans as my sister! Not in a Howie and Kimberley at the same time sort of way, but I tried a pair of jeans on that my sister wanted to buy, and she tried them on, and they fit us both. (Admittedly they were a bit tighter on me, but they weren't too bad) I've never been the same size as her before!

taekwondomom
10-19-2005, 02:40 PM
:D I can do 20 "regular" push ups! :strong:
In March, it was hard for me to do 20 modified push ups!

barbygirl43
10-19-2005, 02:54 PM
Yeah Laura. I'm lucky if I can do 5 modified so that is quite an accomplishment.

glynne
10-22-2005, 06:55 AM
Great job everyone on their nsv!!

I had 2 ~ sort of small, but for me they seemed significant.

Was eating supper last night ~ frozen meal ~ regular sized one ~ and I got about 1/2 way through and felt full. I stopped and wrapped up the remainder to eat at another meal.

If thinking counts ~ the other day, I was stressed out and thought about getting on the eliptical instead of eating. I wish I had had time to carry through with my thoughts, but I was getting ready for work, and had just had my shower and didn't have time to exercise, get all sweaty and take another shower.

mousie
10-22-2005, 07:28 AM
Woohoo! Here's one...my first! :)

I met my first goal today (number-wise) and the idea possessed me to try on my old jeans (from last year). They're a size down from the ones I'm wearing right now...AND THEY FIT! :cb:

boiaby
10-22-2005, 07:43 AM
Wow! Great job Gayle!! I still struggle with stopping when I'm full, so I know how major that one is. And yes, the thought does count 'cause you know you never would have had a thought like that before, right?

Good for you Mousie! Now aren't you glad you went and tried those jeans on? That's an awesome NSV!

Great job everyone, keep 'em commin!

Beverly

TakinBabySteps
10-22-2005, 09:37 AM
Let's see...I went to Sam's this week & loaded a flat of water, a flat of V8 and a case of beer (light, of course) onto the cart, lifted them all onto the belt & then into my SUV with no trouble at all! Before I started strength training, my arms would have been like wet noodles by the time I got home.

Sheila53
10-25-2005, 02:19 PM
I was kind of stretching out my back today, and my DH asked if I could touch my toes. I did! And I touched the floor, too. :)

Also, I pulled a pair of tight sz. 12 jeans out of my drawer today to see how they fit, and they've now become my loose sz. 12 jeans. Haven't lost any weight for quite a while, but things are fitting so much better. Ah, the power of exercise!

lucky
10-25-2005, 04:30 PM
I have a few that are kind of related.

We have been invited to two parties this Friday. This time last year I would have declined because it was always so stressful to try and get dressed up to go out. Nothing ever fit and if it fit it looked awful. Now, though, I am so excited! I'm looking really forward to enjoying myself instead of worrying that I'm the biggest person in the room or that people are looking at my husband and wondering, "What is HE doing with HER?"

So, last night I went shopping for something to wear Friday. I bought a leather skirt in a (are you sitting down?) size 6 and a sweater that is a (still sitting?) small.

Now, I get home and I'm putting all my new stuff away and I actually had trouble getting the pants and skirts on the clip hangers I was using. I used to have to fold both sides of the waistband because it was so much bigger than the hanger but these just barely fit all the way across!

This has not been an easy road for me and I've worked for every pound I've lost but I still think about all of the NSVs I'm noticing and just can't help but wonder how I got this far. I'm starting to get a little more comfortable in my skin but I still wake up am utterly surprised by how much I have changed physically - and mentally and emotionally for that matter!

howie6267
10-26-2005, 08:15 PM
That's great about the jeans Sheila. That's always a good feeling.

It is strange how different you feel sometimes. I know I still I have a hard time adjusting. I was telling a girl here at work who I passed in a small hallway. I still think when I'm passing someone that I won't fit. Takes awhile for the mind to catch up.

wip
10-26-2005, 10:34 PM
Awesome everyone. I had one this week too. Went and bought a pair of jeans and I am one size down! Not sure how or why, but they are my regular brand and style so I'll believe it.

DishyFishy
10-27-2005, 12:57 AM
All these tales of smaller clothes are great!

I finally caved and got some new PJs today. My old ones were massive on me at 247 pounds, and now they are quite literally falling down. :o Anyway, I went to The Bay and looked around the Plus section. Ugh! Winceyette granny-style isn't quite what I had in mind. :rolleyes:

I was blowed if I was going home empty-handed, so I picked some up FROM THE REGULAR SECTION! :halffull: Size XL were too big (!) so I ended up getting size L--FROM THE REGULAR SECTION!!. :dancer: Admittedly, the top is a little snug around the bust, but everywhere else the fit is smashing! Did I mention I got them FROM THE REGULAR SECTION? :carrot:

tuckytex
10-27-2005, 03:12 AM
hello everyone! :^:

I just wanted to know what nsv stands for?? no small victory? Is that it?
dani :dizzy:

Heather
10-27-2005, 09:08 AM
NSV stands for "non scale victory" -- the successes that are not just about the number on the scale.

My NSV this month has been shopping in my closet! I'm fitting into the clothes I bought 3-4 years ago. Some of them are pretty nice, I must say! The clothes from my high weight were not as nice (I wasn't really investing much in my appearance), and it is nice to see the growing pile of too-big clothes. I have to confess, some of them I could still wear, but the smaller ones DO look better on me, so why go back! :lol:

goalnorolls
10-27-2005, 10:13 AM
I have to go a get some jeans tonight. The one pair I was wearing the most are too big! Yeah! They were so loose I was stepping on the bottoms because they were down below my belly button!

barbygirl43
10-27-2005, 10:50 AM
Great clothing NSVs everyone.
:rofl: @ Ali WTG for being in the regular section and in a large. That is awesome.

My NSV is I didn't binge and pig out after dinner last night. TOM hits and I do it every day of it and then some. I told myself last night that enough was enough and if I wanted to get rid of the 8 pounds I put on with TOM then I needed to stop the late night binges.

lucky
10-27-2005, 11:00 AM
Ali, that is so exciting! It is a HUGE milestone so congratulations to you!

Dawnyal, that is an impressive NSV. I am the same way around TOM and it is a struggle every month to talk myself out of a binge. For me it is a salty, sweet thing. So, I'll have a couple of chips and that makes me want chocolate then that makes me want pretzels, then those make me want ice cream, and on and on and on. Good for you - those hormones are definately something to be reckoned with!

ambabs
10-27-2005, 12:35 PM
Congrats everyone on your wonderful nsv!!

I had my first nsv victory this morning. The puppy and I went for a walk to the post office and back in 34 minutes!! If he was properly leash trained we could have done it in less. But the amazing part for me was when I realized exactly how long the trip was. When we got home I took the truck to drop a movie off and I decided to see how far we walked so I mileaged the trip for the route I walked and it was 1 1/2 miles round trip!!!! I couldn't believe I walked a mile and a half and made it home without having to stop, other than for the puppy.

lucky
10-27-2005, 02:07 PM
I went shoe shopping last night and bought a pair of boots. Knee length boots - that fit over my calves with ease and I don't even have a roll of fat hanging over the top! This is a big one for me. I have naturally large calves anyway and they are the last place that I tend to lose weight. I don't think I've worn higher than mid-calf boots since college (and that was a long, long time ago!).

DishyFishy
10-27-2005, 03:25 PM
I really didn't expect to be able to fit into regular sizes yet. Even though I've been wearing my own smaller jeans, they're pre-worn and therefore a lot looser than if they were new. It's knocked me for six. I mean, I'm so excited by it (can you tell? :D), but at the same time, I find it a bit scary. Eh, I dunno if that makes sense to anyone but me.... :kickcan:

I've always hated shopping for clothes, and I'm starting to think that was purely because the styles available in my size all seem to be frumpy and/or ill-fitting. Oh dear, hubby's wallet could be in for a bashing when I get to goal. :rofl:

I love your victory, Dawnyal! Getting the better of those :devil: hormones is a fantastic achievement. :bravo:

Suddenly finding your body can do more than you expected is wonderful, ambabs. :high: It's a great reminder of how much healthier we're becoming.

And knee-length boots, jawsmom!! :cheer: I'm not usually envious of other people, but I actually feel a touch of the green-eyed monster on this one! The only boots I've ever owned that could accommodate my calves were green and rubber and covered with cow pooh! :lol:

YP1
10-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Today's NSV is the look of amazement on the faces of a couple of clients I've not seen since June or July. You could see their jaws just drop as I walked in, and an hour or so into the meeting one of them blurted it out "I don't mean to be rude, but I want to do what you're doing"!

They didn't even see me at my heaviest, there are a couple of clients I really want to see who did...

lucky
10-27-2005, 08:29 PM
You could see their jaws just drop as I walked in, and an hour or so into the meeting one of them blurted it out "I don't mean to be rude, but I want to do what you're doing"!

Isn't that funny? I've been getting that a lot lately too. What I find interesting is that when I tell people that I've just been eating less and moving more 95% of them ask, "No, really, how did you do it?" Once I convince them that it really has just been hard work and determination they usually decide that they don't want to to what I'm doing anymore!

Heather
10-27-2005, 08:53 PM
I had people notice my weight loss for the first time this week -- and I actually didn't mind! (I had posted earlier I thought I would). I think the new old clothes I'm wearing (does that make sense --the ones from my closet) have suddenly put my weight loss into focus.

And, we went to one of my favorite restaurants for dinner tonight -- they have this warm bread I really love! I stopped right where I wanted to -- at 2 pieces! I even had a healthy meal of salmon and steamed asparagus (tho they first brought out the asparagus loaded with butter, so it had to go back!)

All in all, a good week so far!

Congrats to the jaw-droppers among us! I'm starting to think it won't be so bad being there myself someday... which is better than dreading the comments like I was before!