Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 10:56 PM   #1  

Default Oh boy i need motivational help

I just started WW 4 weeks ago. I'm having trouble starting! I'm thinking of getting WW frozen dinners for a week to jump start me. How do you all get past this first hurdle? I'm desperate for this to work!
Old 10-11-2005, 11:16 AM   #2  
huntersmommy

S/C/G: 230/230/not sure yet

Height: 5 3/4

Talking

Wishing
You can do this. I can say anything in the world to you to try and motivate you to do this but, you have to be the one to step up and say I want to do this i have to do this because until you put faith in yourself to do this no matter what I say it wont matter. but, on the same token

GIRL YOU CAN DO IT> YOU WANT THIS < YOU WANT TO LOSE THE WEIGHT YOU ARE GOING TO FEEL SO MUCH BETTER WHEN YOU DO> THINK ABOUT ALL THOSE GREAT CLOTHES YOU'll be able to buy" imagine yourself looking the way you want to look.

When you pick up something that you shouldnt be eating imagine it as the grossest thing you have ever touched in your life.

so girl c'mon get on plan do this for you and your health...!!!!!!

Join us girls on the other post doing the turkey day challenge that just might be what you need to help get you going something to motivate you every week.

Excercise you will feel so good about yourself when you are done no matter how tired you are and dont feel like doing it make yourself

the frozen dinners i use those for my lunch meals but, thats pretty much it.
I love oatmeal and fruit in the morning i find cereal just doesnt stay with you long enough and you end up so hungry for snacks try pop corn jolly time healthy pop the carmel apple flavor you can have 5 cups of it for 1 pt or the jolly time healthy pop kettle corn you can have 4 cups of it for 1 pt that is one of my treats if you need something choclate the lil cups of sugar free pudding are 1 pt

SO YOU GO GIRL YOU CAN DO THIS GET ON PLAN LOSE THAT WEIGHT AND BECOME THE PERSON YOU DREAM OF BEING
Old 10-11-2005, 12:08 PM   #3  

The meals are okay, but what motivated me was cooking. I got on the net and searched for WW recipes to try. I love the feeling of "beating the system" by making lean hamburgers, chili mac, and such at home. There's lots of easy recipes that are quick to make, or crockpot recipes. Trying all the new foods really got me kick started.

The bottom line is, just do it. Just take those first steps and do it. Whether you want to or not, just do it. Once you are in for a few weeks, you may find that it's not as harrowing as you expected. Good luck!
Old 10-11-2005, 12:57 PM   #4  
huntersmommy

oh something i love is bocca burgers they dont taste bad and you end up being able to have a hamburger atleast for the one that i buy the burger is a pt a piece then i put it on an english muffin the kind i buy are 1 pt for the entire muffin so its like you ahve a burger for all of 2 pts
Old 10-11-2005, 01:28 PM   #5  
banned

wishing,
i hope you decide against that idea bc its a bad one. those meals are packed w salt and sugar! youd be better off doin the cereal diet if you want a jumpstart(not that i condone that but at least its healthier)
Old 10-11-2005, 05:25 PM   #6  

Thank you ladies. I got up this morning and had a handful of chips while I made my daughter lunch. I was so disgusted with myself that i went back to bed and slept a half hour. When i got up I pretended those chips never happened! If I recognized them I would go bad all day! They would derail me! Oh the games we play! When I awoke the second time I had a bowl of cornflakes. For lunch I had a bena burrito. For snack I had 1/4 cup cottage cheese with 1/2 a peach. I haven't had dinner yet but I plan on having chicken and broccoli.

I love the popcorn idea. I didnt even know they made popcorn in caramel apple flavor. Makes me wonder if we can even buy it in my neck of the woods. I'll tell you one thing, I'm gonna find out!

Thanks again you guys. You're the best!
Old 10-11-2005, 05:49 PM   #7  
huntersmommy

my mom lives in ohio i know she gets it there not sure if they have this everywhere they have it listed in the grocery guide in the weight watchers book but, just like the dining out guide just cause its in there doesnt mean you have it in your area i love the carmel apple popcorn.
Great job wishing you can do this and tomorrow will be an even better day just think before you put things in your mouth do i relaly want that on my hips
Old 10-13-2005, 12:39 AM   #8  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hi Wishing. I find just making the decision to make BETTER CHOICES works for me. I could have a real cheeseburger from McD's or I could have 3 times as much food for the same meal that is totally legal in points and still not blow my day. CHOICES....CHOICES.....CHOICES!!! Finding recipies you can make and plan your days food also help alot. Browse the site and get some favourites going. Half the time, my family doesn't even know the meals are ww's, everyone has their fave's. The other thing I would add, is to journal. I know its a nuisance, but its surprizing how you forget about a few snacks, extra portion here and there and then stand scratching your head....why did I gain a pound? While you start this new lifestyle, don't forget fibre can be your friend. You can do this!!!!
Old 10-13-2005, 12:42 PM   #9  

Wishing ~

Are you going to meetings or doing it by yourself?

Where in the pacific northwest are you? (I'm in Oregon)

For me, the first few weeks are the hardest. I'm tried WW before. I usually never make it past 4 or 5 weeks. Well, this time, I wanted it to work. I want this weight off. I prepaid for 10 meetings in advance. (gulp). That helped me alot. The first 2 weeks I felt I was STARVING!!! I thought I was going to die !!! I made some mistakes. Some BIG mistakes! (like: getting a box of see's candy from one of my customers. Normally, I would open the box and leave for the entire staff. This time, I hoarded it and took it home. I ate the entire thing in 24 hours. I'm disgusted to say that but it's true). I beat myself up pretty good over that one but got right back on track.

It's now week 6 and I have lost 10 pounds. I am at my lowest weight in like 20 years. WOW !!! I am proud of myself for sticking it out and making myself do it.

HTH -

Karen
Closed Thread