Weight and Resistance Training - LWL # 224 Oct 10 - 16

View Full Version : LWL # 224 Oct 10 - 16

Mel
10-10-2005, 07:59 AM
Good morning LWL :sunny: At least I'm hoping to see the sun. It's done nothing but rain buckets here in the northeast for the last 4 days.

It's nice to see so many of you are taking part in the October challenge! I think almost everyone stsrts by today! I started last week and have the awsome results that the scale is UP two pounds over last week :eek: Not the direction I was expecting. My dd and her boyfriend were here over the weekend which led to soe extra restaurant meals, but I didn't think it was that bad. I did hit every workout. My end of month goal is looking elusive at this rate. Well, noting else to do but keep plugging along!

Chest today and a spin class. I'm thinking of adding a second light leg day per week of mostly lunges and glute work. Maybe on arms day since that's usually a shorter workout than others and gives me three days recovery.

Mel

2frustrated
10-10-2005, 08:13 AM
:doh: Mel! I'm sure it'll sort itself out eventually!

I had a rough night with the other half trying to sleep on my side of the bed. I am NOT impressed :mad: It's started my sciatica off again :tantrum: well it was either that or stiff legged deads that I did last night... :chin:

Did weights last night so can be fresh for lax tonight but we'll see! I'm going to go home and have a nap after work to refresh me! Definitely going though! If I don't go this week, I'll never go again since I missed last week! It's so easy just not to go, spesh since it's a 9pm start! I do like it though! I just have to remind myself that it's worth going out at 9pm! :lol:

Feeling hungry today but not hungry from my stomach! Hungry from the fact that I think I haven't brought enough food to work... I might go out and buy some cheese at lunch! I still have a lovely Cox's apple from Kent to savour this afternoon, and a yoghurt, so maybe I'll be ok!

Oh and you lucky ducks in the US get to see the new Wallace and Gromit movie before us! :tantrum: I can't wait till Friday! :lol:

Okay, peace out everyone! I'm going to find me some lunch! :hungry:

tikanique
10-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Oh good grief!! Where is EVERYBODY!!!!?????!!!!!

Tiki.

Mel
10-10-2005, 09:05 PM
At the gym? :dizzy:

WaterRat
10-11-2005, 02:00 AM
Oh yeah. I wish. Working late. :(

2frustrated
10-11-2005, 04:56 AM
:lol: I was at lacrosse... and in bed...

I got roses and chocolate last night to apologise for keeping me up all night! :D Bless!

I'm officially hating lacrosse! It's worse than being at school! No-one passes me the ball! :tantrum: and they're all too good! :censored: :tantrum:

4rabbit
10-11-2005, 06:37 AM
Hi gang,

Your support has me crying at my terminal. I am grieving deeply, and I have to restrain myself for my kids.

I am still hanging in here.

rabbit

silverbirch
10-11-2005, 06:45 AM
rabbit - hullo! I'm here at the same time as you! It's pouring with rain here and the mice have been in the office in the last few days. The place is awful and it stinks. .... Have a hug! And one for the children too.

Silverbirch.

2frustrated
10-11-2005, 07:47 AM
Hey rabbit! Glad you're still with us ;)

Mice in the office! Mum & dad had a rat in their bedroom! They set a trap with yummy smokey bacon. The bacon was gone and the trap wasn't sprung! They had to put poison down in the end! Hungry rat ate the poison!

I'm just having my pre-visitor snack of porridge :T

Been sewing this morning! :tired:

Feeling dehydrated at the moment, need to get my water up up up for kickboxing tonight!

Keep on keeping on! :D

ellenuw
10-11-2005, 09:16 AM
Hi all. Rabbit - *big hugs*

I am still getting better and searching for answers. What the heck does "OK to work out but don't get overheated" mean anyway? What # should my heart rate monitor be on? I don't get "perceived exertion of 3-4", give me a number. Yesterday I walked around the neighborhood at 110-115 for 25 minutes. Today I am off to do the same thing at the gym. I normally jog at 150-155 and srint to low 180s and do elliptical in 140-150 range. I have a lot of calls out, and hope to get some better definition.

Meanwhile, all blood tests came back normal. I am scheduled for a lumbar puncture tomorrow afternoon. Have a massage tonight and PIlates session tomorrow morning - figure I shoudl get that spinal fluid moving. Vision is 90% back and energy level is slowly getting better. I have moved my goals to one day (or even hour) at a time and trying to re-proritize my day. DH has been wonderful and water delivery starts Thurs. Oh, and any shirts that need to be ironed now get dry cleaned.

Have a good day all. Laura - enjoy the taper. Who would have thought it would already be that time?

Ilene
10-11-2005, 09:37 AM
Hey gang, been MIA from this thread but lurking, my bad!!

Rabbit -- Hang in there :grouphug: it's ok to cry...

Ellen -- I wish you had better answers I can't imagine not knowing what's going on...I agree how does one workout without sweating :?: ...

Mel -- Yes I was at the gym, but I was also eating too much! Thanks Giving ya know :rolleyes:... but considering everything I didn't do too badly, Saturday was a piece of cake and wine, Saturday night was wine and popcorn :rolleyes:, Sunday good and Monday was pie and wine... But only slivers of pie and cake...I will weigh in only tomorrow...

Tiki -- How ya doing girl?

I'm off to the gym for some chest and triceps and some cardio...

tikanique
10-11-2005, 10:23 AM
Rabbit, sending hugs your way, girl.

Ellen, good for you on your goals. One hour at a time is a great way to look at it. And I don't know about the sweating. Maybe workout underneath a fan? That's just crazy.

I am having to pull out of the October challenge. With competition only three weeks away, practice 5 days a week plus the games on Saturdays, plus the crews regular homework, house stuff, there is no way I can commit to and keep up with this. Instead my goal is to maintain my current weight over the next three weeks, get my workouts in wherever possible and then kick major A** in November.

Tiki.

WaterRat
10-11-2005, 01:53 PM
Rabbit, hang in there. It's times like this that cyberspace is lacking - you need a good physical hug. :) Pop in when you can.

Ellen, so glad to hear things seem to be improving, esp the vision. That would totally freak me out. And I'm with you on the "perceived exertion."

Ended up working late (we're open til 8 on Mondays) for a sick co-worker, then not up for the gym and hurrying through my routine (they close a 9). And yes, I could have done something at home, but I didn't. Got home and ate my planned dinner. So at least I didn't give up on the whole day.

Tiki - maintenance is good goal. I know you can do that. :lol:

Ilene
10-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Hey gang, had a great chest and shoulder workout today. I had a spotter for the incline chest press so I was able to go a bit heavier than usual... then I ran 2miles/3.22k on the dreadmill... This afternoon I ran 8k with the girl's running club I joined... all is good...

Sashenka
10-11-2005, 07:41 PM
Rabit,

We are here to support you! I can imagine how hard it is for you now, but I truly beleive that everything what happens to us is usually for the best... Crying and expressing yourself is helful and natural, we all offer you our shoulders to cry on!

Sandy.

4rabbit
10-12-2005, 04:11 AM
hi LWL,

Thanks again for allthe support. I need it badly. I still simply cannot take in that my husband is not there for me anymore, even though he is still living in the house. I am glad for this forum, for you give me the opportunity to grieve. I have to restrain myself when at home with the children around and I find it difficult to grieve also when I am home alone. I fear that allowing myself to grieve at such moments will let me fall into a black hole. But even then..the house is filled with items that we bought together or that remember me of a moment together.

I am still hanging in here and will try to check in every morning as usual.

rabbit

2frustrated
10-12-2005, 04:39 AM
:faint: Kick him out! ;) If he's leaving then leave already! It's just too harsh on you sticking around! :grouphug:

I got my orange belt. I got a 3 which is rubbish, it's "just" a pass! :tantrum: :cry: but I'm consoled by the well hard lady who said that she's always got 3s for her gradings, so :p to the instructors! I'm discussing fast-track black belt tomorrow, so I guess we'll see what's going to happen then. At least I have another belt which is good, even if I was POed last night!

Oooh, I've been posing in the mirror. I have big bulgy shoulders when I pose in my mighty mouse pose! :rofl: My upper back is looking well toned and I noticed a quad this morning when I got out of bed! :faint: Overall my legs are still looking rubbish! :tantrum: Why can't they look as good as my arms??? :mad:

:goodvibes:

ellenuw
10-12-2005, 08:23 AM
rabbit - I agree with 2F: tell him if he does not want to be a part of this marriage he does not have the right to live in the home. It was his choice not to honor his commitment so he has to leave. Give him a time line. "When things get together" does not help you or the children. I would be generous and say "the end of the month" but most of my friends would say "by Sat". I have been through this with a girlfriend and it is important for you to gain strength or he will take advantage of the situation and your concern over your children's fears. Remember, the best thing for your children is to get to the other side and a living arrangement that makes them feel secure and loved - stress and emotional tumoil does not make for a happy home. My friend's husband stayed in the house for close to a year after he made his "decision" and it has recked havoc on at least the 5 members of the household, plus assorted friends and relatives of both parties. You should also get yourself surrounded by some good girlfriends and wine and cakes and have that good cry with those who love you and can take care of you for a few hours. Remember, there is a reason you put the oxygen mask on yourself first when the plane is going down. Hang in there - we are with you.

2F - hey congrats on the belt. Who cares what the number is, you got it. Remember ,they call the guy who graduated at the bootm of his medical school clas "doctor".

Tiki - good job on realizing what you can and cannot do and prioritizing your life. So you go into maintenance for a few weeks and work on the cheerleading and enjoy this time with your daughter. Give yourself a break - she will never be this age again. Soon she will hate your guts and think you are evil incarnate. Enjoy this while it lasts. Maintaining is not a defeat - it gives you a good time to assess and see what works and doesn't work. I think my "maintenance breaks" have helped me appraoch my weight loss and future and really drove home that this is a lifestyle change and not a temporary "on-off" button situation. This is all part of your training.

Have a good day ladies - I have my Pilates session this morning and the lumbar pucnture this afternoon. I am feeling good physically and emotionally this morning - time will tell what is going on, but I am going forward.

2frustrated
10-12-2005, 09:38 AM
rabbit - I agree with Ellen, get cake! ;) Mmmmmmm cake! :doh: I'm really looking forward to my birthday (January) So I can pig out on cake... I'm planning which kind already! :rofl:

Been to see a little boy with cerebral palsy today, he was such a cutie! I have to make him a chair. :D

Someone is gluing stuff in the workshops downstairs, it's a really strong solvent type glue. I'm getting a bit hyper from it! :hyper:

Ellen - I hope your lumbar puncture goes ok, just thinking about it is making me feel funny! :faint:

:goodvibes: from Mighty Mouse ;)

silverbirch
10-12-2005, 09:46 AM
I'm flying in and out to say hullo. Food is not going well. I am going to crack and buy a US cup measure so I can use fitday at least once to see what's going on. (We use weights more than volume, and our cups are different in size.) Exercise is poor. I think I'm having a viral relapse so I'm taking it very, very gently.

rabbit - your husband is being very unfair indeed. He should move out. You and the children need space. Big hugs to you (and I agree with Pat that cyberspace lets us down at times like this - you need real, physical hugs.)

2F - an orange belt is pretty good (was it this summer's colour?) and a good springboard for fast-tracking to black belt (always in fashion). Oh yes! You only saw one quad?? Shouldn't there be four somewhere?? Ha, ha.

Ellen - very good luck with the lumbar puncture. I am so glad you feel you are going forward.

Tiki - very wise decision to prioritise.

Life can be so very challenging at times. One step at a time, everyone, and be kind to yourselves.

Love, Silverbirch

2frustrated
10-12-2005, 09:50 AM
:yikes: A US cup is different from a UK cup! :faint: I DID NOT KNOW THAT! Is it smaller or larger? I'm worried now! :lol:

EofAZ
10-12-2005, 02:51 PM
Ellen, boy I wish I had you around when I went through my divorce. Your advise is right on the mark, my X stayed in the house 1 month before he left but it actually worked out good for me because I had time to take control of things that he typically handled (i.e. the budget). He had planned on leaving so he had really let everything he wasn't going to take with him get behind and the 30 days really helped me turn that little game plan around.

2F -- love your Mickey Mouse, doesn't being able to pickout muscle definition make you feel soooo successful? If it weren't for my batwings I would LOVE my arms, the muscles are really shaping up pretty nicely and the muscle has certainly helped my wings even if it didn't make them go away 100%. :strong:

Rabbit -- Reread Ellen's post, she knows of what she speaks, I wish I could express myself half as well. Your emotions are going to be a roller coaster for a while but you are already over that 1st big dropoff and now it's just a matter of riding it out the rough part while you get things smoothed out and back in control. One of these days you really will be thankful that he left and it actually will happen sooner then you think.

Today was leg day for me and so far I'm eating on plan but the tough part of the day isn't upon me yet. I should be fine this eveing because I had trouble sleeping last night so tonight I probably won't be able to stay awake much past supper. I normally am up around 4:00 am, which I love because I enjoy the mornings so much BUT that means by 8:00 pm my but is sleeping on the couch if I'm not already in the bedroom. :tired:

TTFN,

Mel
10-12-2005, 02:58 PM
Ellen- I love your posts. I'm glad you're feeling better and hope all goes well this after noon.

Tiki- Ellen is absolutely right! Maintenance is nothing to sneer at, as you and I both know. Enjoy what you've accomplished so far, use your body, and enjoy being involved in your kids' lives while they still want you involved. My son lets me know daily how much he loathes me, except when he wants something and I'm holding the Visa card. Notice there's no little laughing smilie there.

Rabbit- I agree with the others. He should get out. That's what he says he wants, so point him toward the door. Having lived through divorce as a child, from my experience the incertainty and irrational hope is much worse than dealing with the actual reality for the children. Having him "there" but not really there as part of the family makes it much harder for everyone except him. He's already made up his mind and moved on. Neither you or your children can start to look at your new lives until he's out from under the same roof. {{{{{hugs}}}}} Want us to all come across the pond and kick butt?

2F- Yup- your cups are Imperial Cups :o Ours aren't so regal.

I've always been a proponent of perceived exertion, but am thinking of buying a heart rate monitor. Does anyone have any recommendations? I've been going to a spin class once or twice a week and I don't think I'm perceiving my exertion quite as much as I'm supposed to be exerting :lol:

Today was shoulders and cardio. Luckily I did it this morning, because when I was leaving the gym, my feet got caught in a circle of wire in the parking lot and I fell flat on my face. I don't think I have any real damage, but I'm kind of scraped up and will have a glorious bruise on my knee. :( I couldn't even figure out what the :censored: the wire was from!

Mel

WaterRat
10-12-2005, 03:21 PM
Mel - OUCH! And I'm sure your pride/dignity was injured as well. :lol: I usually fall on the ice about once a winter, and the first thing I do (well, after I'm sure I'm not bleeding badly, etc.) is look around to see if anyone saw me.

Rabbit - lots of good advice here. Here's some more cyber-hugs for you. {{{HUGS}}}

Ellen - good to hear you so chipper this morning.

2F - congrats on your new belt. Orange is a lovely color. :)

Raining here this morning, and on the way to work the road was slippery as the rain was ever-so-close to freezing :eek: But it's payday, so all is not bad.

Oh, yeah, this is LWL. Made it to the gym last night for a good hard UBWO - and I'm feeling nicely sore! Also some :tread: work - not great, but it gets the job done.

Hey Jude
10-12-2005, 04:28 PM
De-lurking to say we use the Imperial system here in Canada too. The difference between cups is only 13 mililiters - not enough to make that much of a difference. Here is a wine making site with a conversion chart (http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/convers.asp).

Hugs for rabbit, 'cause it sounds like you could really use them.

You are all such an inspiration to me. I read you almost daily.

4rabbit
10-13-2005, 04:07 AM
hi LWL,

Thank you so much for your support. Ellen, Mel, the part about not living with irrational hope for both me and the childeren is spot on. I have to keep that in mind very much. Still hanging in here, and I really want to keep posting. Your support is important to me. I am crying again at my computer. Thanks a lot,

rabbit

silverbirch
10-13-2005, 05:17 AM
Hey Jude! Thanks for the imperial/other cup info. Now you delurked why don't you come and join us? You'd be very welcome!

I still don't have any measuring cups of any kind so I'm off to look today. 2F, it seems as though you can relax (a bit).

rabbit - you were early today! It was good to see you. Are you managing to get outside at all? Now the rain has stopped here it seems like a good day for a walk or a bike ride. That's my outline plan - and I plan to do it! Oh, and 2F and I can get on the Eurostar (or the ferry) whenever you want.

Mel - please stop getting injured! Although it's been a while now, hasn't it?

Wish me luck with food today. I'm overdoing it and so I'm turning to food rather than sleep or doing nothing. Utterly senseless.

2frustrated
10-13-2005, 06:22 AM
Silverbirch, get yee to a bed and have a nap! There's no excuse for eating when you're tired unless it's a sugar free Red Bull Mmmmmmm chemicals! :lol:

I'm wet today! :doh: Been to the dentist :D I've got lovely gnashers now! Well not quite, I'm going to get a filling next week to replace the one that fell out on Sunday!

Feeling optimistic about today! When I get down to it, I might just get on with some work!!

Oh yeah, almost forgot, I did my day 2 split last night! Hooohah! My upper back is looking really really toned, what with my bulging shoulders and all! :lol: I'm gonna take some POSING pictures this weekend! hahahahahaha!

silverbirch
10-13-2005, 09:22 AM
Silverbirch, get yee to a bed and have a nap!

Wilco. It's just been getting worse. Over and out.

Ilene
10-13-2005, 10:00 AM
2F -- Please post those pics!

Today is going to be a no gym day and clean up day if I can get up and do it...... I'll run later and it's raining but the running group goes rain or shine :faint:!

Sashenka
10-13-2005, 01:06 PM
Hi,

I seem to do silly things this week. First of all, our pipe was leaking and my hubby decided to repair it himself which ended up in major flood in the basement and working under ice-cold shower from the pipe. So after overdoing dead lifts on Tuesday I spent 2 hours mopping the floor (I decided to buy shop vac as Christmas present for situations like that). So yesterday I did not go for a run as I was soo tired and had about 5 hours of sleep (moppng the floor started at 9 PM :))

Today I have splitting head ache and did not do anything in the mornings. Reading Mel's post I realized that head ache might be a result of banging my head on the side of the bath tub yesterday night - I definitely need more sleep! So Mel, do not feel so bad about falling over the wire, some people bang their heads in their own bathtub! So I hope to go to the gym tonight for my leg workout and do the run tomorrow. I signed up for relay in November - the shortest leg is 8K...

Ellen, you did such a good advice to rabbit! Rabbit, hang on! My sister went thru divorce after catching her hubby with his "other wife" in their bed and finding out that his "other wife's" son is the same age as her daughter... And kids have the same father - her hubby! I also noticed that bearking it sooner was better on my niece, as well as for my sister.

Sandy.

WaterRat
10-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Well yesterday was a stressful disaster day. Computers at work all stopped about 4 pm. I am the director of a public library, and this means all of our public access internet computers, plus our automated circulation system and catalog, were down! :eek: Of course our contract IT guy was nowhere to be found, so I was running around like a fool rebooting computers, routers, etc. and on the phone to the phone company. We got the internet back up fairly quickly - getting the public off our necks :lol: but the automation system took awhile longer. We had isolated the problem down to the T1 line between the server location and our library, but of course the phone company wouldn't admit that. I finally left having opened a repair call with the phone company. Amazingly - ha! - it "fixed itself" about 6:30 pm (we were open til 8) and is still fine this morning. Grrrr. I felt like I needed a stiff drink after those 2 hours, but I settled for a previously planned evening with some GFs and a small dish of ice cream (served by the hostess). Much better by the time I got home about 9:30 :) Today will be a better day, and it's a gym day besides.

Sandy I hate those late night cleanups. Why do things always break in the evening?

2frustrated
10-14-2005, 04:47 AM
Morning laydees!

I tipped my motorbike over last night! :doh: But fortunately I'm now strong enough to pick it up again! It's a big beast so I felt dead proud about not having to shout for a man! :D

Then we were worked HARD HARD HARD at kickboxing! It was worse than being in the army! :rofl: That nasty effluvia was creeping up on me I worked so hard! At least I know I'm doing my best when that happens!

Talked to my instructor about fast-track and basically he said I can do my gradings when i'm ready for them and not have to wait for an official grading to take place. He also said he wouldn't give me a syllabus for the next belt till I can do back kicks perfectly! :tantrum:

Oh and I've lost 1 3/4 lbs this month! I lost 1 1/2lbs in the week I didn't do weights! :tantrum: But at least I have Mighty Mouse shoulders! :strong:

Was awake for 3 hours in the middle of the night last night so I'm joining the :tired: crew too!

silverbirch
10-14-2005, 05:32 AM
Morning all! I am prioritising sleep today. Yes, in the day, all day if necessary. It has got to the serious stage. Please be careful, everyone: baths, wire, motorbikes - all dangerous when approached the wrong way!! And ye cannae lift when you're tired. At least, not very well.

Good work lifting the bike, 2F. It's a great feeling, isn't it?

Good morning, rabbit! I'm thinking of you and I know you'll get through today OK. One step at a time. Hope the weather's as nice on the Continent as it is here.

Off to put my jammies back on.

2frustrated
10-14-2005, 06:16 AM
I've just been an engineering boff and worked out how much I effectively lifted when I put my bike back upright! It works out at a staggering 155lbs! WOOOOO! :D

silverbirch
10-14-2005, 07:53 AM
Pat - very good work on avoiding a stiff drink. I don't know whether I would have done.

2F - U R Strong.

4rabbit
10-14-2005, 08:50 AM
Hi LWL,

Silverbirch, 2F, Sashenka- thanks for the support.

Hi all, I am feeling a lot better now.
The kids & I are recovering from shock. My husband is off for the weekenfd with his new love, & we look forward to a weekend of rest and relaxation. There are probabely a million other things that we could do, but for now we just sit still and try to calm down. I am on mild antidepressants and I find they work out fine. I plan to get back to lifting & running maybe next week; as for now I feel I am ojn the right track. I can eat again, I can sleep again, and I do not have to cry all the time.
Next monday my husband & will visit a psychologist to start the track of separation in a way that will make the least damage for the children. I am getting a lot of support from my surroundings, other mothers at the school come up to me to give me a hug and tell me that their husbands did the same.
I am adjusting to the fact that he is, in fact, out of my life, even if he is still living in this house, and as a start I have started removing some items from the livingroom that he felt needed to be there, to our spare room where he is staying presently. No point anymore to have that stick around.

I will call in again tomorrow,
Have a nice weekend & be carefull out there!

rabbit

4rabbit
10-15-2005, 05:38 AM
Hi gang,

I'm still hanging in here.
Things are quieting down around here. I am still cutting down on my husbands footprint in the living room. Furthermore I noticed that his laundry is in the communal basket, and I plan to carefully select his laundry and put it aside. i will of course do my and my kids laundry, but it seems a bit much to do his alundry while he and his new love-of-his-life are comforting each other in a weekend cottage.

The meds are working fine. Yesterday I was a bit hyper, so I am cutting down on the dosage.

have a great weekend,
rabbit

2frustrated
10-15-2005, 06:21 AM
Hey rabbit! I definitely wouldn't be doing his laundry! You GO GIRL! Glad your meds are working well, this is the occasion that they're for! I hope you don't have to be on them for too long.

Did over an hour of stretching last night! Someone called me Stretch Armstrong! :D Practised some back kicks. Nattered on the phone to my 'rents for over 2 hours! :lol: They're coming down in a week, but I must've been feeling chatty! I haven't spoken to them in a while!

Doing ok on the eating today - well it is only 20 past 10! :lol: I'm planning picnics and things for tomorrow, and I might allow myself my "free meal" of chips from the chip wagon! We'll see...

We're off to the cinema later to see either Domino or Wallace and Gromit, so that will be fun! :D

:goodvibes: Have a lovely weekend laydees

Mel
10-15-2005, 09:08 AM
Morning ladies,

Rabbit- Definitely dump his laundry back in his room! What nerve :o Glad you are feeling better.

I think the sun is try to peek out here after 9 straight days of rain. I could never live in Oregon, I'd go stark raving mad. I stayed OP until yesterday, then fell flat on my face. Exercise has been on, but I needed sunshine or carbs, and the carbs came first. I may have to get a sun lamp.

One client today, then some cardio and a lot of chores :p

2F- Have fun on your picnic!
Ellen- How are you feeling?

Mel

4rabbit
10-16-2005, 06:38 AM
Hi LWL,

Still hanging in here. Glorious weather, that is funny. I lowered my meds because i was getting hyper, so that means I am now occassionally very down again. The question i am pondering now is about resposibility for the kids:
I cared for the lkids when my husband went to france, and he spent that week with his new love.
Now this weekend i am again caring for the kids and my husband his staying in a weekend cottage with his new love. So, in a way I am facilitating that my husband and his new love have an easy time.
I noticed that he is apparently planning to stay away every weekend to spend with his new love, and i actually resent that I am apparently the one who is to facilitate this. it is nice and easy for him to stay at home in the week and leave in the weekend, and leaving me the care and responsibility of running this household full time.
I think I will address this issue tomorrow at the psychologist.

rabbit

ellenuw
10-16-2005, 10:32 AM
rabbit -*big hug* - I am so proud of you. You are in control here and you are the one to set the boundaries. Keep working with the psychologist and cometo your own solutions that are supportive and healthy for you and the children, not the ex. Think hard about what this all means - so he goes away on the weekends. It also goves you and the children quality emotional time to deal with all that is going on. I would also work with the psych to come up with a reasonable timeframe to get him out of the house. Have you found an attorney or wonens' support group to help you through this? Yes, you do need to start thinking on the legal and finacial end of things and getting the rest of your life started. I know we are legitious here in the US, but there is something to be said for the peace of mind of a roof over your head and knowing the bills will be paid and you and the children will be provided for. Remember my siggy - do not give up control for convience. You have more control in this than you could ever imagine. You will amaze yourself.

Mel - how goes the hunt for a heart rate monitor? There are a lot tochose from. Here is my advice: forget the ones that you press your fingertips against and go for the chest band. After you wear it the first time or two you will forget you have it on as it sits right under the bra band, anyway. Decide what finctions are important to you. For me and my running, intervals were important so that made me jump up a category. Most will do heart rate, elapsed time, allow you to record laps, etc. The next category includes intervals, then the ability to upload to a computer and finally GPS and pedometer functions. Here are two things you want to check regardless: 1) Can you see the dial when you are working out? Yep. women's versions are smaller and that makes the display smaller. I had to stick with the men's versions because of this. On that same line, how easy is it to change dispalys whle you are mid-stride? Is it a one button push or more complicated? 2) If you will be using it indoors what does the cardio equipment in your gym register? I know my treadmills and bikes and ellipticals have a "Polar" designation but they can register both Polar and Nike. My monitor is a Nike because of the intervals. The running store where I bought it allowed me to take it to my gym and workout with it. If it did not register on the eqiment they would have allowed me to exhange it for a Polar. BTW - my gym has arrangements with three different running sstores in the area that I can show my key tag and get a 10% discount. My trainer also went with me to help me with my first shoes and again for the heart rate monitor. You might suggest your gym look into a similar arrangement. I get quality equipment and store help for shoes and clothes and accessories and they get increased business. Mytrainer heard about some of my pronation issues and the store owner (who used to be a college track coach) gave us soem good advice that we have worked into my program. It is a win-win-win all around.

Finally, I thought of you when I read this article, yep , I know you know and now science does, too :http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=97&e=6&u=/hsn/20051015/hl_hsn/obesitylinkedtofatgaininmuscles

Today I am feeling much better. I had a killer headache from the lumbar puncture yesterday and Fri. I woke up feeling great and ran 2 miles and walked one this morning. I have a weight session scheduled tomorrow that I am actually going to keep :) I am slowly coming back.

Sandy - yikes, that flood sounds like a week's worth of workouts - glad it is over. Any permanent damage?

Silverbirch - good for realizing when your body needs rest. Maybe that's what got me into my mess?

2F - I am so proud of you - keep at it. One day at a time on the food, listen to your body and read your siggy - garbage in garbage out. Your physical achievements will make you put your food in line. (just don't kick MY butt, OK?)

Ilene, Laura, Pat Susan, all the other LWL ... thanks for your warm wishes. I'll know more Wed night ...

2frustrated
10-17-2005, 04:43 AM
I did ok on Saturday, and I did ok on Sunday in the fact that I didn't eat and eat and eat and eat just cos we had food with us! We actually had a meal at the restaurant for lunch and snacked on stuff during the afternoon and came home and had a light dinner. However, I did have cheese, chips and chocolate :o but I FELT ok, so I feel like I wasn't abusing my body too much! In any case, it's progress from what used to be!

I'm also getting to the point where I'm thinking that I want a muscle-ripped body more than I want that bacon butty or chocolate bar or whatever... I'll get there some time!

Looking forward to a healthy week this week. Going to really max out on my kickboxing training. I'm mega motivated. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with lacrosse. I'm deffo too tired to go training tonight, but I want to do some stretching, so I'm substituting lacrosse for stretches. I'm supposed to be playing in a lacrosse match on Saturday and I don't really want to :tantrum: I will go though - I'll just have to be brave!

:goodvibes: everyone.