Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 10-10-2005, 06:59 AM   #1  
Mel

Default LWL # 224 Oct 10 - 16

Good morning LWL At least I'm hoping to see the sun. It's done nothing but rain buckets here in the northeast for the last 4 days.

It's nice to see so many of you are taking part in the October challenge! I think almost everyone stsrts by today! I started last week and have the awsome results that the scale is UP two pounds over last week Not the direction I was expecting. My dd and her boyfriend were here over the weekend which led to soe extra restaurant meals, but I didn't think it was that bad. I did hit every workout. My end of month goal is looking elusive at this rate. Well, noting else to do but keep plugging along!

Chest today and a spin class. I'm thinking of adding a second light leg day per week of mostly lunges and glute work. Maybe on arms day since that's usually a shorter workout than others and gives me three days recovery.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:13 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Mel! I'm sure it'll sort itself out eventually!

I had a rough night with the other half trying to sleep on my side of the bed. I am NOT impressed It's started my sciatica off again well it was either that or stiff legged deads that I did last night...

Did weights last night so can be fresh for lax tonight but we'll see! I'm going to go home and have a nap after work to refresh me! Definitely going though! If I don't go this week, I'll never go again since I missed last week! It's so easy just not to go, spesh since it's a 9pm start! I do like it though! I just have to remind myself that it's worth going out at 9pm!

Feeling hungry today but not hungry from my stomach! Hungry from the fact that I think I haven't brought enough food to work... I might go out and buy some cheese at lunch! I still have a lovely Cox's apple from Kent to savour this afternoon, and a yoghurt, so maybe I'll be ok!

Oh and you lucky ducks in the US get to see the new Wallace and Gromit movie before us! I can't wait till Friday!

Okay, peace out everyone! I'm going to find me some lunch!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 03:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Oh good grief!! Where is EVERYBODY!!!!?????!!!!!

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:05 PM   #4  
Mel

At the gym?
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 01:00 AM   #5  
Working My Way Back Down

Oh yeah. I wish. Working late.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 03:56 AM   #6  
aka Superwoman!

I was at lacrosse... and in bed...

I got roses and chocolate last night to apologise for keeping me up all night! Bless!

I'm officially hating lacrosse! It's worse than being at school! No-one passes me the ball! and they're all too good!
Old 10-11-2005, 05:37 AM   #7  

Hi gang,

Your support has me crying at my terminal. I am grieving deeply, and I have to restrain myself for my kids.

I am still hanging in here.

rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:45 AM   #8  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

rabbit - hullo! I'm here at the same time as you! It's pouring with rain here and the mice have been in the office in the last few days. The place is awful and it stinks. .... Have a hug! And one for the children too.

Silverbirch.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:47 AM   #9  
aka Superwoman!

Hey rabbit! Glad you're still with us

Mice in the office! Mum & dad had a rat in their bedroom! They set a trap with yummy smokey bacon. The bacon was gone and the trap wasn't sprung! They had to put poison down in the end! Hungry rat ate the poison!

I'm just having my pre-visitor snack of porridge

Been sewing this morning!

Feeling dehydrated at the moment, need to get my water up up up for kickboxing tonight!

Keep on keeping on!
Old 10-11-2005, 08:16 AM   #10  

Hi all. Rabbit - *big hugs*

I am still getting better and searching for answers. What the heck does "OK to work out but don't get overheated" mean anyway? What # should my heart rate monitor be on? I don't get "perceived exertion of 3-4", give me a number. Yesterday I walked around the neighborhood at 110-115 for 25 minutes. Today I am off to do the same thing at the gym. I normally jog at 150-155 and srint to low 180s and do elliptical in 140-150 range. I have a lot of calls out, and hope to get some better definition.

Meanwhile, all blood tests came back normal. I am scheduled for a lumbar puncture tomorrow afternoon. Have a massage tonight and PIlates session tomorrow morning - figure I shoudl get that spinal fluid moving. Vision is 90% back and energy level is slowly getting better. I have moved my goals to one day (or even hour) at a time and trying to re-proritize my day. DH has been wonderful and water delivery starts Thurs. Oh, and any shirts that need to be ironed now get dry cleaned.

Have a good day all. Laura - enjoy the taper. Who would have thought it would already be that time?
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 08:37 AM   #11  
Ilene the Bean

Hey gang, been MIA from this thread but lurking, my bad!!

Rabbit -- Hang in there it's ok to cry...

Ellen -- I wish you had better answers I can't imagine not knowing what's going on...I agree how does one workout without sweating ...

Mel -- Yes I was at the gym, but I was also eating too much! Thanks Giving ya know ... but considering everything I didn't do too badly, Saturday was a piece of cake and wine, Saturday night was wine and popcorn , Sunday good and Monday was pie and wine... But only slivers of pie and cake...I will weigh in only tomorrow...

Tiki -- How ya doing girl?

I'm off to the gym for some chest and triceps and some cardio...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:23 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Rabbit, sending hugs your way, girl.

Ellen, good for you on your goals. One hour at a time is a great way to look at it. And I don't know about the sweating. Maybe workout underneath a fan? That's just crazy.

I am having to pull out of the October challenge. With competition only three weeks away, practice 5 days a week plus the games on Saturdays, plus the crews regular homework, house stuff, there is no way I can commit to and keep up with this. Instead my goal is to maintain my current weight over the next three weeks, get my workouts in wherever possible and then kick major A** in November.

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 12:53 PM   #13  
Working My Way Back Down

Rabbit, hang in there. It's times like this that cyberspace is lacking - you need a good physical hug. Pop in when you can.

Ellen, so glad to hear things seem to be improving, esp the vision. That would totally freak me out. And I'm with you on the "perceived exertion."

Ended up working late (we're open til 8 on Mondays) for a sick co-worker, then not up for the gym and hurrying through my routine (they close a 9). And yes, I could have done something at home, but I didn't. Got home and ate my planned dinner. So at least I didn't give up on the whole day.

Tiki - maintenance is good goal. I know you can do that.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:17 PM   #14  
Ilene the Bean

Hey gang, had a great chest and shoulder workout today. I had a spotter for the incline chest press so I was able to go a bit heavier than usual... then I ran 2miles/3.22k on the dreadmill... This afternoon I ran 8k with the girl's running club I joined... all is good...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:41 PM   #15  

Rabit,

We are here to support you! I can imagine how hard it is for you now, but I truly beleive that everything what happens to us is usually for the best... Crying and expressing yourself is helful and natural, we all offer you our shoulders to cry on!

Sandy.
Sashenka is offline   Reply With Quote