Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 08:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Default core food portions

Hey, so I made the pumpkin oatmeal cake that is in the core desserts section. it was so good. so how much should I eat? OMG, I could eat the whole thing but I know I shouldn't. what are the guidelines for these kinds of things. Also, the SF,FF pudding, how much of that is a good amount to eat?
thanks,
tomorrow is my first WI, wish me luck. its TOM so I'm sure it won't be that good.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:43 PM   #2  
Melissa

Well, unfortunately the portions sizes are up to us. Sometimes when I make pudding, DH and I can eat the whole thing. Sad but true. So I would say eating one or two slices of cake a day should be the limit. But that's just what I would aim for. I guess it is whatever you are comfortable with--are you eating because it tastes good or because you are hungry/craving/not satisfied. Sorry that's not a very good answer but it is all I know!
Here are some good luck blinks for your w/i tomorrow!
Old 10-08-2005, 09:55 PM   #3  
banned

til full(try 2)
Old 10-09-2005, 10:14 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

NOT til full ... til satisfied. There is a huge difference between the two.

Reasonable portion sizes would probably be either the recommended serving size or if you're really hungry and the food isn't one of your triggers, two servings. Anymore than that could get you in trouble.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:26 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Jennie, Kathy is right! I always start with what would be the equivalent to one serving. If I'm still really hungry, then I allow myself more. First, I usually try to drink some water.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:47 AM   #6  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Jennie, good luck at your WI. You've done great so far. I ditto the idea of eating a portion and capping it at that. Lots of the Core foods can be triggers for me, so I haven't made an oatmeal type dessert in a long time because I used to eat 3-6 servings in a day. I wasn't eating it because I was hungry, but because it tasted great and I wanted more. That obviously didn't work for me. The reason Core is so great is that you can really adapt it to what works best for you. Good luck.
Judy
Itry
Old 10-10-2005, 11:45 AM   #7  
banned

i stand corrected.... the prob is i have a much different definition of full. yore def. of satisfied=my full. i dont think of full as being stuffed i use full to describe just enough
Closed Thread