Support Groups - Cows in Cowstumes Say MooHaHa MooooHaHa

Schatzi
10-08-2005, 09:40 AM
Peachie, That is priceless! Halliburton :lol: and I like your new attitude and philosophy!

Bagz: How's yer head this morning? Margie night.. I love Strawberry Margaritas.. We once had a Blizzard Party with dualing blenders making all kinds...Needless to say We think we had fun that night.

Painty: I've been doing South Beach and counting calories..but my weightloss has stalled so I'm back to Phase 1 of SB... Big Tex looks like Big Fun... the NC State fair starts next week.. as new residents we are obliged to go ..and I will be having zeppolis or funnel cakes! Those Griffon doggies faces always remind me of mad leprachauns .. Jeez some folks can't distinguish between Wants and Needs... Who needs 3 dogs!Sheesh, glad you were able to mediate for them!

Cookie Cow: Welcome back Cookie!

Cowpernia
10-08-2005, 09:47 AM
Shots is a very fancy poster. Very organized.

My poor little DS now has this job that ends at 9 p.m. and his classes start at 8 a.m. He is tired. He's working 20-25 hours a week. Bagzie, was it like this for your girlies?

Moohahaha

Kiwonk
10-08-2005, 02:31 PM
Cookie! Great to have you back! When you say your house is wreck, I hope you mean like my house is and not like Katrina wreckage :yikes:

She ended the call with, "Why don't you talk to Cheney and see how much Halliburton can pitch in." Woohoo! That's great! :cheer:

Chicken piccata sounds lovely. You have nice friends.
he says the radiation could make.....my boobs tan "unevenly" Well, there's a deal-breaker right there ;)

I can't wait to the new W&G movie, I love those. I have the whole collection of Wallace & Grommit short films.

Diva is not mine, mine is the Pink puppy. Diva is the only one still looking for a home. I'm really surprised, because she is just adorable. However, no way can I have more than 1 puppy, this is a ****load of work as it is. That whole thing about people wanting another dog because they are so cute, is a little pathological. I mean, lots of people do have 3 or more dogs, but when you get a dog just because it's cute, not because it makes any sense to add it to your household, you're starting down the wrong path. This friend of mine who has 5 dogs is an example. She started with 1 Aus. Shepherd and got another of a different color (at the time she and her DH were both employed at the local paper co.). Then she got a different type of dog, an Eskie, because it was so cute. Then she decided she wanted a mini-Aussie, which is of a 3rd color type, and now she's gotten another mini of a 4th color type. And they both lost their jobs when the paper co. went belly up, both got other jobs which sucked, then he moved to Ga. for work and only comes home every few weeks or so. She is unemployed again (she worked at the same place my DH did until those jobs ended in June), finishing a college degree, and bringing up a puppy with 4 grown dogs, all alone. And every time I go over there to let Jet play with them, she says things like "I've always liked Belgians, maybe I'll get one." She is a "collector" I think, and it's a definite problem. Needless to say, I didn't tell her about Diva.

We're going to the movies!!!! Wow, I'm so excited! I think we're going to see Flight Plan. Jet will go with us. Why not, her name is Jet, the movie is about a Jet. JK she will be happily snoozing in the car.

Kiwi

Bagzz
10-08-2005, 08:43 PM
mooooooooohaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa===i LOVE it----Shatzicow VERY good thread starter!!!====peachers'====i hated it when dd21 used to work at the CAnadian Tire and they made her stay and "clean up" after they closed at TEN on a school night---i would wait in the car sometimes til ten thirty-----then she got a job at the market where i am now=-----the salad bar---it closed at six and the clean up lasted til seven thirty----that was MUCH better-----neither one of them worked in Grade Twelve cause they were involved in too many time consuming things at the school======THIS summer was nuts with the restaurants closing at two am-----at least they could sleep in =======i guess if he can get all his work done and his marks don't suffer AND he wants to work-----that should be okay------dd21 is DRIVING WITH HER FRIENDS TO TORONTO AS WE SPEAK-----SHE IS GOING TO SEE "THE CUTE ONE" AT THE AIR CANADA CENTRE IN CONCERT=-------------SHE IS GOING HERE------http://www.theaircanadacentre.com/calendar.php?view=event&eventID=759 TOO BAD LUSHIE DOESN'T COME HERE ANYMORE----SHE WOULD BE JEALOUS---OR DID SHE LIKE SOMEONE ELSE????

Cowpernia
10-09-2005, 12:25 AM
Bagzie Hagzie .. remember that DS isn't working because he wants to .. he has to pay his car insurance because HIS MOTHER IS OUT OF WORK> When will this change?

Let's make up stories about Lushie. I say that she was the real Dusty and is now calling BINGO in the state asylum. What's the name of that Shots? Dusty was this woman who was so awwwfulll that she almost made Sugar curse.

DS could make more money if he traveled across the toll bridge to the other side of the bay but I'm not telling him. He's too new a driver to do that regularly. After he gets a little experience, maybe he'll want to check that out. Too many kids die in accidents driving back from work at night. They fall asleep at the wheel. Next semester, he has classes at night so he'll work in the day .. maybe then.

The cute one?? We talking Beatles?

Schatzi
10-09-2005, 10:38 AM
Cowsie: U thinking of Joisey's Marlboro State Mental Health Facility..Was Dusty a Mean cow that you banished?

Kiwi: Dh and I went to see flight plan yesterday.. It was okay..held my interest..is it just me, or is Jodie Foster got just one facial expression for Terror and Panic.. seems like I get whiffs of Panic Room and Silence of the Lambs in her acting anymore.. I wanted to see W/G but DH seems to think any animated or claymation film is for children ? Grrrr... we stopped in a Lone Star restaurant .. and proceeded to turn around and go to the Outback instead.. Chubbed up on a good steak and salad..and cawfee and sambucca...

Sunday's around here are full of "Meet The Press", "George Stephanoupolus"..listening to DH mutter and converse and shout at the TV...Today he gleefully is hoping that the neocons/reb canibalize themselves over Miers... and Rove and "Scooter"...and Frist and Delay....

Another overcast rainy day here..Sheesh I'm beginning to think I live in Seattle..

Schatzi
10-09-2005, 10:40 AM
President Bush was visiting a primary school and he dropped in on one of the classes. They were in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings. The teacher asked the President if he would like to lead the discussion on the word "tragedy".

So the illustrious leader asked the class for an example of a "tragedy."

One little boy stood up and offered: "If my best friend, who lives on a farm, is playing in the field and a tractor runs over him and kills him that would be a tragedy."

"No," said Bush, "that would be an accident."

A little girl raised her hand: "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy."

"I'm afraid not," explained the president. "That would be a great
loss, but wouldn't meet the definition of a tragedy."

The room went silent. No other children volunteered. Bush searched the room. "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"

Finally at the back of the room a small boy raised his hand. In a quiet voice he said: "If Air Force One carrying you and Dick Cheney and Secretary Rumsfeld was struck by a "friendly fire" missile and blown to smithereens, killing everyone aboard, that would be a tragedy."

"Fantastic!" exclaimed Bush. "That's right. And can you tell me why
that would be a tragedy?"

"Well," says the boy, "It has to be a tragedy, because it certainly
wouldn't be a great loss and it probably wouldn't be an accident either."

Cowpernia
10-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Bush jokes!! Cows against Bush.!!

Went to church today. Peacher is reading out of the book of numbers and I'm following along in my bible which is a different translation. All of a sudden he said something about looking at a circle of grass. You can be saved by looking at a circle of grass .. but I don't recall any landscaping back then. I just couldn't find it and had to look at somebody elses bible which said serpent of brass. Mind said bronze snake.

Shots, tell me what you're eating today. Everything. Then come exercise me.

Kiwonk
10-09-2005, 03:55 PM
:lol3:

..Was Dusty a Mean cow that you banished?

Kiwi: Dh and I went to see flight plan yesterday.. It was okay..held my interest..is it just me, or is Jodie Foster got just one facial expression for Terror and Panic.. seems like I get whiffs of Panic Room and Silence of the Lambs in her acting anymore.

Sunday's around here are full of "Meet The Press", "George Stephanoupolus"..listening to DH mutter and converse and shout at the TV...Today he gleefully is hoping that the neocons/reb canibalize themselves over Miers... and Rove and "Scooter"...and Frist and Delay....
Dusty was pre-Cow. She was a Messie. We have a long history around. She was a lunatic. She was the Jumbo size version of Phyllis Schlafly. :lol:

You are very lucky to have a liberal-leaning spouse, let me tell you. Mine is conservative, much to my surprise after marrying him. ahem. He's more of a Nixon conservative than a Bushie, but still. He "confessed" that he didn't vote for Bush in 2004, which actually pi**ed me off more than if he'd voted for Bush, because he implied that it's a shameful secret to vote for a Democrat. Sometimes I just want to turn him in on a newer model.

Flight Plan was fun, but it wasn't as suspenseful as I had expected. I like Jodie Foster, but I can see what you mean about the same character. Oh well. The little girl was adorable.
dd21 is DRIVING WITH HER FRIENDS TO TORONTO AS WE SPEAK-----SHE IS GOING TO SEE "THE CUTE ONE" AT THE AIR CANADA CENTRE IN CONCERT=----------Lucky her! Maybe he'll sing "Jet"!

Gotta go to a family dinner today. It has been raining for 2 days now. Jet was very displeased the first time she stepped in a puddle (please note she has waded into the lake several times), it was hilarious! :lol: Today she has given in to the weather and wants to play outside. yuk.

Later gators. Don't let Dusty getcha.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
10-09-2005, 03:57 PM
Reason #294 Why I Don't Go to Church

You suppose that's the origin of crop circles?

:rolleyes:

Cowpernia
10-09-2005, 04:07 PM
I am so surprised that Kiwi has a conservative DH. I am shocked actually. Kiwi is the most eloquent of arguers against that kind of thing.

I'm eating M&Ms and feel it's Shots fault for not speaking quickly enough.

SugP
10-09-2005, 06:36 PM
Me 'n' Leslie had hot dates on Friday and today and I'm STILL fat. Fatter, in fact. Nothing is helping.

AAAAAAAAAAAND - I ignored Schazti's warning and highlighted my hair at home. Looks great if you like orange stripes. Dh helped me so they are very nicely spaced orange stripes, but still. I'll be waddling down to the drugstore in the morning to see if I can come up with something to tone things down a bit.

Tomorrow is Canadian Thanksgiving. I have baked a pumkin pie. And an elderberry one. I didn't even know one could make a pie out of elderberries until last week. It looks interesting.

I'm boring myself. Must go to bed.

Bagzz
10-09-2005, 11:42 PM
Speaking Of Pumpkin Pies----

Bagzz
10-09-2005, 11:45 PM
SPEAKING OF PUMPKIN PIES----you are right sugar--it's Thanksgiving here----AND KIWONKSS--- it HAS been steady RAINING for two days----NON STOP----HOW DEPRESSING---THIS RARELY HAPPENS---WE GET RAIN BUT NOT FOR TWO DAYS WITHOUT A BREAK---usually thanksgiving is lovley and fallish and full of nice leaf pics-----i ate like an incredible hog today----and i actually finished off the evening by drinking liquoers and EATING CHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--------what an idiot----------------i made FOUR pumpkin pies---we ate two. i gave my brother one and their is one here at the house if anyone wants one-------------i am going to barf or burst

Kiwonk
10-10-2005, 12:18 AM
I'll take it. We don't do punkin pie for another month...

Yeah, me too, Peachie.

Kiwonk
10-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Whose turn is it to take the puppy? She's getting a little wild. :tantrum: :hyper: :twirly: :bike: :fr: All this :rain: is driving us all :crazy: Nothing works :drill: :rollpin: :bomb:

KiWet

Cowpernia
10-10-2005, 02:22 PM
oh mule muffins ! You wanted a dog TO WALK .. so go WALK HER til she drops.

Some people are never satisifed.

Everything is closed today.

DS says they "audit" his cash register by weighing the bills.

Kiwonk
10-10-2005, 02:59 PM
Hey, it's been raining for 3 days around here, have a heart!

DS says they "audit" his cash register by weighing the bills.That sounds very accurate.

Cowpernia
10-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Does Jet not like the rain?

Wabby
10-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Jet likes it just fine. Kiwi will melt.

I didn't realize 20's weigh more than ones.

I Bunco'ed last weekend. It was fun, even tho I didn't win any $$$$$$'s. We had strawberry daquiris. yum.

Bagzie is complaining about 2 days of rain. :lol: You can complain when you get 2 months of rain, Bagzie.

Sugar - orange stripes are very festive. Very Halloweenie. Sorry that Leslie is letting you down. I've been seriously thinking of digging out my DVD's and going on a trudge with her too. It was a glorious fall day yesterday and my sis and I went for a lovely walk. Did I mention my sis is 5'6" and weighs 146 and she's absolutely despondent about her "excess weight". Hah.

DD wants to go to Weight Watchers tonight. I told her I'd go with her, but I think I need just one more week of reckless abandon eating. Then I promise to be good.

Cowpernia
10-10-2005, 08:18 PM
Kiwi lives in Maine where everyone owns/wears yellow slickers with yellow bucket-type slicker hats and black slicker boots.

I know, Wabbo. It's like if DS got some damp bills, they'd think he's shortchanged a bunch of people.

I have a headache. I need jokes.

Bagzz
10-10-2005, 09:34 PM
Just before the funeral services, the undertaker came up to the very elderly widow and asked, "How old was your husband?"

"98," she replied. "Two years older than me."

"So you're 96," the undertaker commented.

'Yes," she replied,""Hardly worth going home, isn't it?"

Kiwonk
10-10-2005, 09:50 PM
Actually it would make it very easy for someone to swipe some cash and pad the audit with paper. Of course they couldn't do it twice probably.... Unless :chin: they could figure out just how much to wet down some bills to make them heavy enough to count as 2. Oo, or they put a carefully weighed sheet of ice in the stack. :lol: Right...

Well, Peaches, just to get you to stop yelling at me, I went for said walk. Jet was totally freaked out by the 60 mph cars and trucks whizzing down the road, so I took her up a cross country ski trail. Which was mostly puddles. Yeeha. Well, apparently the exercise combined with the stress of it all exhausted her because she's been very good all afternoon and she is now sacked out in her pen.

Yeah, go ahead. I can hear you already I told you sooooo
And I don't wear a yellow slicker. I have a navy blue one and a maroon one with a fleece lining. And the poor little puppy had to go out nekkid.

Gosh Wab, if I weighed 146 I would stop talking to you people (LOL just kidding dearies). That would be thinner than the day I got married, and I didn't look too shabby then.

I have a headache too. Where's the jokes?

Kiwi

Kiwonk
10-10-2005, 09:51 PM
LOL Lovely, Thankyou Bagzie.

Cowpernia
10-10-2005, 10:11 PM
You were gorrrrrgeous in that picture of you in college. You were taller then though.

Maybe I should take my cats for a walk. I am freaking out here. It's been wayyyy too long since I was employed. Freakking out. Out. Freaking. And it's Columbus Day and what's that about?

Buheye

Kiwonk
10-10-2005, 10:38 PM
Pay no attention to Columbus Day. That is only for schoolchildren and NewYorkers. But the good news is, many people were not at work today, just like you.

I was 125 lbs in college. Was I really taller? Maybe I only looked taller...

Kiwi

Wabby
10-11-2005, 12:46 PM
According to the ultrasound person I'm going to have a Granddaughter. Let the shopping commence! :cb: :cp: :dance: :dancer: :cloud9: DS is walking around w/ a silly grin on his face and of course DH said "I knew it was going to be a girl!" DS has the ultrasound picture framed already.

Peaches, when you feel like you're going to freak, go for a walk.... can't hurt. Maybe the thing w/ weighing the bills is just a way to make the employees think that they have some control over the money. I have a friend that works security for a big grocery chain. She said most of the theft is by employees so they watch them like hawks. Terrible to work under that kind of suspicion, huh?

My sis only thinks she needs to lose weight. She doesn't. She looks great.

DD and I went to Weight Watchers yesterday. It was painfully boring, but then losing weight is terribly boring, isn't it? I got up this morning and did 1 mile of Leslie's 4 mile walk. It kicked my b*tt. One mile. Pathetic.

In Oregon, we don't wear slickers. True Oregonians don't use umbrellas. We have webbed feet. Wearing rain gear would be considered namby pamby. ;)

Kiwonk
10-11-2005, 06:07 PM
According to the ultrasound person I'm going to have a Granddaughter. Let the shopping commence! :cb: :cp: :dance: :dancer: :cloud9: DS is walking around w/ a silly grin on his face and of course DH said "I knew it was going to be a girl!" DS has the ultrasound picture framed already. That's adorable!! Lucky you to be able to shop for a little girl. Girl clothes are much better than boy clothes. Although we were over at my SIL's the other day and her son & pregnant DIL were there (she's having a boy), and my SIL and MIL had compiled a big rack of little boy clothes to give them. There were some cute things. But nothing beats those adorable little dresses ~sigh~ :cloud9:

I'm sending out puppy pictures. Who wants puppy pictures? Oh, heck, let's face it you'll be getting them whether you want them or not; I'll just warn you it might be a sizable email. I'll keep it under 1mb anyway.

DD had "Blast from the Past" day at school today and this is what she wore, below. Dress mine, tights hers. She's different....

Kiwi

Bagzz
10-11-2005, 06:13 PM
SHE IS GORGEOUS AND SHE LOOKS JUST LIKE HER MAMA!!!!!!!!!!----------- i want doggie pics---i have to send them to my doggie friends----and dd19 the dog fanatic-----

Kiwonk
10-11-2005, 06:25 PM
You asked for it... :D

How sad is this? (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051011/en_nm/leisure_wallaceandgromit_dc) :(

Kiwonk
10-11-2005, 06:27 PM
She does look like me in that picture. That's weird, she usually doesn't. Must be the clothes. Can you believe I ever wore that?

And yes, that is a Christmas wreath on the door behind her. My nephew made it. Shutup.

Bagzz
10-11-2005, 09:18 PM
PEACHERS---- are there any call centres in your area---here everyone works at them and the pay and benefits are good---they even pay for your university----if you make all A's they pay the full shot----for B's they pay eighty percent etc-------------they are always hiring here----------------

Cowpernia
10-11-2005, 11:15 PM
I sure don't think so Bagzo. I thought they were all in Nebraska. Maybe you know someone who could open one in Dogpatch?

Wabby
10-12-2005, 12:42 PM
She does look like me in that picture. That's weird, she usually doesn't. Must be the clothes. Can you believe I ever wore that? I can't believe you still have it. I think I had that same dress in orange and chocolate brown. I had brown fish net stockings to go with. DD looks like a model from the 70's. Tall and slender. sigh.

I'm in a mood..... and it's not a good one. :tantrum:

Does everyone get a pop up from the University of Phoenix when you go to this website?

Schatzi
10-12-2005, 01:52 PM
Heddo Cows, just a quick check in ta let ya know I aint dead..just feel like it.. this coowd is a weal doozy.. in bed, with trashy magazines soup and tea ..will be back when I feel bettah.

Cowpernia
10-12-2005, 02:25 PM
Wabby ... if you'll talk to DS and have him set your puter up with Mozilla Foxfire, you'll not get any popups no more. Or you could do it yourself. Personally, I had no choice.

Shots, let's watch soaps together. They all have young women who have babies stolen from them or who have stolen babies or maybe the babies were switched accidentally. Which one do you want watch?

Kiwonk
10-12-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm in a mood..... and it's not a good one. :tantrum:
Me too. I'm really crabby. I tried to get to bed earlier last night and tossed and turned for 2 hours. DH had to go do something with his dad today, so I couldn't sneak back to bed and leave puppy with him. I'm tired and cranky.

Can't believe you had the same dress. That actually is a bright orangey red and chocolate brown, probably the same one.

I am using Firefox and I still get a popup window when I log on here. But it's almost always for those stupid smilies. I have my popup settings set to block popups and it still comes up. :shrug:

Sorry to hear you are under da wedder, Schatzi. Trashy magazines are just the ticket.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
10-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Oh yeah, call centers. We even have them here in Maine (although not close enough that I'd want to work there). Just don't get a telemarketing job. Evil Evil

Cowpernia
10-12-2005, 04:11 PM
K. I looked and there is one in Panama City. Check yur map. It used to be kind of close (I've been there three times) til gas became hoardable.

Schatzi
10-12-2005, 05:53 PM
I'M DYING i TELLYA... MY LAST GASPING MOOO:
u Religious types :
Catholic/Christians: send me a mass card

Pagans: Burn me some sage brush

Agnostics: burn a mass card with some sage brush

atheists: burn the mass card AND the sage brush

canadians: Send Chicken bones

moo cough *gasp *mooooo ooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooo*burp*oooooo

Cowpernia
10-12-2005, 06:10 PM
what's a mass card? is that like mass transporation? you ain't gettin my chicken bones.

Bagzz
10-12-2005, 06:28 PM
get your mass cards here:http://www.svd-ca.com/MassLeague.htm DD21 drove ALL NIGHT with friends back from Toronto---a sixteen hour drive---she arrived at 6 am here in town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!needless to say i hardly slept a wink all night worrying-----SHE IS OVER THE MOON ABOUT THE CONCERT----SHE SAYS PAUL IS AMAZING AND HE GAVE A NON STOP THREE HOUR CONCERT!!! she is still flying high!!!

Kiwonk
10-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Protestants don't do mass cards. They pass the peace. Send her some peace, Peaces, I mean Peaches. Har.

Here's why The Amazing Race is so amazing: Last night the team that got to the pit stop first (they are in teams of 4 family members this time) received FREE GASOLINE FROM BP OR ARCO FOR LIFE for every licensed driver on the team. So, you see, Peaches if you would just win something on a reality show, your life would be turned around.

My dd invited her bf over to go paddling in the canoe. Isn't that just sweeter than heck? They weren't gone very long though, apparently he had to get home at a certain time. When they came back in the house I said "that was quick" and he turned beet red. Ahem. Was that the wrong thing to say? :lol: Today was "Twin Day" at school and she dressed up like him. Now with some people that would be nauseatingly fawning-girlfriendish, but not DD -- it was more parody. Poor guy, he has to be very resilient to go out with DD.

I hope I'm not making you laugh, Schatzi, you don't want chicken soup coming out your nose.

Kiwi

Schatzi
10-12-2005, 06:31 PM
You don't know what a mass card is , you are not canadian , ergo,ipso, you must SENT ME CHICKEN BONES.. Please send them there new ones Baghag mentioned posts ago. l e s t .. I ...shall ..just...fall..over...on my ...udders... and ...just..mooo.....mooove....on..to ..that...green...pasture....in that dare..big ..sky... i must rest..
PS. Keep yer Peace passing... just pass me them dare chiken bones

Schatzi
10-12-2005, 07:01 PM
MOOOOOOOOOoooooo
ooooo

Drama Queen Cow speaks.. did you know according to "reliable sources", Angelina is Preggers???? and so maybe Demi?

If it's in the Star or National Enquirer IT MUST BE True!!

Wabby
10-12-2005, 08:23 PM
I think Schatzi has been smoking the peace pipe.

Wabby
10-12-2005, 08:37 PM
I'm going to this place - www.cinetopiatheatres.com on friday w/ some friends. We're going to see In Her Shoes. We can watch a movie and eat food at the same time. How fun. Anybody want to go? :hat: :corn:

oooo. Cool - look at our new smilies

:welcome3:

Cowpernia
10-12-2005, 09:05 PM
BP/Arco must be negotiating to be bought out.

NOOO. YOU may NOT have MY chicken BONES>... Take some Nyquil and go to bed.

Doesn't the bf already have a twin? What did they do in that canoe that could be construed as "quick"?

Bagzz
10-12-2005, 11:05 PM
helpppppppppp me---we have the TROJAN virus and Norton says it can't get rid of it!!! helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

PainterWoman
10-13-2005, 02:54 AM
I don't want mass cards or burning sage, but some sort of trophy would be nice... (or chocolate... Peaches, just KEEP your chicken bones!!)... My BABY DS is now 24. EGAD.

Baggz-- so sorry about the Trojan Virus. But apparently you can still post? Do you have some amazing person who can reformat your hard drive... or ARE you that amazing person? I remember when I first was working on exH's TI PC... and he had me convinced that if I did one thing wrong it would be irreparable. Who knew that if you had to, you could just turn the whole thing off!

Wabby -- Congrats on granddaughter verification. Girls rule! I've heard great things about In her shoes.... For one thing that it isn't "really" a chick flick.. more about intergenerational communication.

Peaches -- Do you think your preacher knows something about crop circles that the rest of us have missed? I'd prefer to look at a circle of grass than a serpent of brass... Oooooh, maybe it's faerie rings... with crazed Belgian Leprechauns like Shatzi was referring to! I wish I knew what to tell you to decrease your no-work panic... Maybe one of the stupid low-wage jobs would at least distract you... even if just part time.

To prevent us all falling into "the slough of despond" (who made up that phrase anyway... I learned it in Freshman Humanities but missed the author)... lets all list 3 gratitudes. Now. Pronto.
1. Whatever I die of it isn't going to be this breast cancer.
2. My children survived their childhood ... and are doing well.
3. I am easily amused and rarely bored.

Kiwi-- Take DH to W&G anyway... Or break him in with Chicken Run... maybe let him review The Great Escape First. We LOVED the Were-Rabbit. DH was kind of crabby before (worried about work, I think) and it cheered him up. There were plenty of "grown up" jokes that only the adults laughed at. Or tell him he needs to see it because the special effects are so neat. (At least as good as Star Wars in my book. What a shame that their old models burned.
I can't imagine canoodling in a canoe.
Was anybody else turned off by the news stories about the AK woman having her 16th child in 17 years? I think they said they were doing it for God or Church or something. Do you think that husband has pulled the wool over HER eyes or what?

Shatzi-- you got it right about mad leprechauns and the difference between wants and needs. I wish I were "evolved" enough to have fewer wants! You say such smart things. and I LOVE the tragedy joke.
I hope your cold is going away. I'm thinking it might be a post-move stress cold. The choir director at my old church got sick every New Year's because that was when it was finally "safe" to let down after all the Christmas preparations. When you convince your body that you can't afford to get sick, it doesn't... and then when you stop telling it that you HAVE to stay well... well, it conks out then! Hope you have lots of hot apple cider and chicken soup... or whatever.

Oh.. if y'all want to subscribe to a dubious joke of the day....
send an email to: bikers-subscribe"at"dailybj"dot"net (write subscribe in the subject). They're sent out by a good ol boy in Texas... many are sexist, many are conservative, almost all make me laugh even though I consider myself a liberal woman for equal rights. He also has a "virgin" list if you want only the clean jokes... (but you'll only get about two a week!!).

Cowpernia
10-13-2005, 03:22 AM
painterhood i find you absolutely uplifting. i am typing in the dark. ds's hernia is bothering him. we see the dr tomorrow. i am going to learn to knit socks. my gf's birthday is sunday. what can i knit her by then that she'd really want?

kiwi will fix bagz's puter.

SugP
10-13-2005, 04:42 AM
Hi darlings!

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. I seem to have fallen into Painty's slough of despond (I love that!) and it's lookin' pretty deep. Got my life jacket on though, so I should be coming up for air soon. :D

Painty! I like your attitude. I need to get me some of that. Congratulations on being the mom of a 24 yr old. I can't even imagine it. My oldest is only half that now.

Kiweeee - I still haven't got around to reading what your most excellent dd was up to. Was there a link on the previous thread about her music/writing? I wanted to look at that.

Peachy - is it cold enought to knit a scarf? A tea cosy? A hot water bottle cover? A stunning potholder?

Schatzi - Angelina AND Demi? And isn't Katie whatsername Tom Cruise's :twirly: fiancee :twirly: also expecting? Even though he's supposedly gay/sterile?? Gahhhhh! I heard that Britney kicked her man out of the house for a while because he was acting like more of a baby than her newborn. :lol: Oh yeah - GET WELL SOON! :rain:

Bagzieee - how on earth are you dealing with all these mobile teenagers. I dread the day mine learn to drive, which won't be until they're 17 around here, but still.

Wabby - A granddaughter! How wonderful. You can dress her up all purdy and be the proud grandma.

The chimney sweep was here at 8 o'clock this morning to do whatever it is he does to the furnace in the basement once a year. But this wasn't the usual sweep, the slightly pudgy but still very adorable one, this one was a blonde cabana boy chimney sweep. Lordy. My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I opened the door.

And I got an e mail from alternate life #37 (no, not THAT alternate life, the other one) in Ontario yesterday informing me that his wife is expecting twins in February. They're both over 40 already have two little pre-school kids. Can you imagine the exhaustion?

I now have my train ticket to go meet all those expat internet axe murderers in some city I've never been to before. Should be interesting. I'm practicing my whining.

Wabby
10-13-2005, 01:13 PM
I now have my train ticket to go meet all those expat internet axe murderers in some city I've never been to before. How cool, Sugar! ... sorry you're "in the slough of despond" (I love that, Painty!!) but if it makes you feel better, your post perked me up. You're so sweet and young, even tho you don't know it. hee hee --- cabana boy chimney sweep. We could all use one of those, and I don't even have a fireplace. :lol:

Painty - 3 gratitudes, hmmmm? The first one is obvious for me --- Baby Girl ----, but I need to think on the other 2 ---- I may have fallen into the slough lately myself, but I'm working on climbing out. It's probably a symptom of the gray weather -- all the bunco gals were talking about the "happy light" they have at Costco. Big seller here in the Northwest.

Peachers, I was going to suggest a potholder, but Sugar beat me to it. Ear muffs? ya'll wear earmuffs in Florider don'tcha?

OK, Painty, here's number 2 ---- even tho I have a couple "conditions" I'm durn healthy, even tho I don't deserve to be because I haven't been taking care of myself.... need to work on that.

I'm thinking on #3. :chin:

I want to hear everybody elses gratitudes. Come on. Dig deep.

Kiwonk
10-13-2005, 07:20 PM
Doesn't the bf already have a twin? What did they do in that canoe that could be construed as "quick"?Yes he does, but how boring would it be to go to twin day as your twin's twin? I'm pretty sure all they had time to do in the canoe was to paddle to the little island out in the lake and paddle back, but I enjoyed the reaction anyway. :devil: helpppppppppp me---we have the TROJAN virus and Norton says it can't get rid of it!!! How do you know you have it? Have you scanned your computer and it says it's infected? Or have you just received something that says it's infected? Sometimes when we run Norton, it finds a virus and can't remove it because it's actually already gone, in which case your computer's not infected. Not very helpful, I know.
To prevent us all falling into "the slough of despond" (who made up that phrase anyway... I learned it in Freshman Humanities but missed the author)... lets all list 3 gratitudes. 1) I can instantly find the answer to practically any question because of the miracle of Google: The slough of despond is from John Bunyan's "Pilgrim's Progress". It's a deep bog.
2) Thank goodness my DH is willing to spell me with this puppy-on-10-I-have.
3) I'll get back to you

I think that was Schatzi's DH who wasn't willing to see W&G. Mine likes them, but we only get to the actual movie theater about 1-2 times a year, so pretty unlikely we'll see it on the big screen.

I am always horrified when someone talks about having so many children. The article I read didn't mention their reason, although I always suspect some religious bent when I hear that kind of thing. I wish people would consider it a bad thing to bring a lot of children into the world, but I have a nasty suspicion that it's going the other way these days. Sure, children are a blessing, but foisting 16 on the world is just selfish.

Must go make dinner and read more later.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
10-13-2005, 08:53 PM
3 gratitudes:

1. DS does not have a hernia. (although they will continue testing to see why he has tenderness)
2. Cats.
3. I feel good today.

Bagzz
10-13-2005, 10:00 PM
my grati=effin=tudes-------------number ONE-----i have several girlfriends who resemble cows. Number Two-----it's almost winter so i have a nice generous flap of blubber to keep my knees warm. and Number three----chocolate covered chicken bones have been invented and i only live sixty miles from the factory.The End.

Kiwonk
10-14-2005, 12:29 AM
My #3: Bagzie always makes me laugh.

I am so glad DS doesn't have a hernia, Peachie. It couldn't be appendicitis, right? Or simple stress?

I was doubled over in pain in my stomach this morning and I know it was just stress. It was a late day for school (after 8am) and Jet slept until 7, which was nice. I took her out and she peed very nicely. Then I fed her and made DD's lunch. Not rushing was nice. When I was done, I took Jet up the driveway to get the paper and she did a poop on the way, and then the problem started: You know how you get that leetle tiny piece of poop that just won't fall off and you wiggle your butt this way and that way and you scoot it along on the grass and it just won't fall off? (As Roseanne Roseannadanna would say) Well, I figured I'd clean her up when we got in the mud room, but she ran off into the house and wouldn't come back so I followed her and she hightailed into the computer room and hid under the desk. :rolleyes: So I dragged her out of there kicking and screaming and took her back to the mudroom where I discovered the poop was gone (I can hardly wait to find it somewhere else), but I was po'ed already and put her in her pen. She whined and whined, and DD was getting ready to go, but she needed to call her guitar student's mother because she didn't get hold of her last night and today is the lesson, so I insisted she call before we left the house. Turns out the kid doesn't really want to take lessons -- he hasn't shown up for 2 weeks -- typical of a kid he wouldn't just say he didn't want to. So that got me more po'ed, but I figured the dog is always good in the car, so maybe I should take her with me. DD opened the door and let her out without a leash on and of course then I had to run around the yard chasing her to get her into the car. So that got me more po'ed and by the time I got in the car I had a giant pain in my gut, which was worsened when I turned on public radio on the way home like I always do and they have a goddam moneygrubbing thing going instead of the news. :mad: Watch Kiwi's top blow off! Sheesh, none of this stuff was exactly the end of the world but oh boy did it give me major stress.

Silly, huh?

Sugar, remind me of where you are going on le train and I will give you the url of DD's review again: It's the review of Barakus (http://www.northeastintune.com/music.html).

Wow, that Cinetopia is my kind of place, Wab!!! Sounds delightful.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
10-14-2005, 05:02 AM
And all this time I thought I was in a slough created by T.S. Eliot... or maybe Joan Didion. but NO! It was one of nearly biblical proportions.... (Ok grammar experts, should biblical be capitalized? Don't want to offend anyone. I'd actually have to get up to find my Chicago style manual. SO lazy. :rofl:

SugP lucky you with cabana boy! The flower delivery guy on my birthday was pretty hot... in a uniformed Mediterranean way... The name on his badge made me think he was of "Eyetalian" descent. I had bad luck with an Italian before... so that curbed my enthusiasm. Rather.

Baggz... thanks for reminding me of the laprobe attributes of belly flab. I should be toasty cozy for quite some time to come. :lol:

Kiwi-- I hope that puppy's last dingleberry managed to get shaken off before she hit the door mat.... OR that you never ever find it! If you can suggest reasonable places to live in Maine, please let me know. DD is investigating yarnshops near Booth Bay Harbor and seems to think I might be a good employee... I'd rather pull coffee shots and serve customers... or maybe teach some basic knitting classes....

Cow-Girl... Do a crazy crazy scarf with lots of glitz. I made one with eyelash and a sort of metalic, slick synthetic that looked like the pelt of a science fiction creature... all gold and copper, but furry. You could do it on fat fat fat needles and 8 or 12 stitches... OR... cast on longways and do a different kind of yarn every two or three rows. See if your library has The Box of Scarves... Big needles = FAST!

I'm grateful that it's one radiation session down and "only" 32 to go.

SugP
10-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Here's where I'm going:
Marburg (http://www.marburg.de/en) :moped:

Two and a half hours on the train. Seven people, I think. We're meeting in a cafe and then going sightseeing or something. If I never post again you'll know they've kidnapped me. Or that I've run off with the butcher.

Bagzz
10-14-2005, 12:34 PM
take cabana boy with you---------i need someone who likes music to download and listen to Gavin DeGraw's sexy song "Belief" {not religious} needs no capitalization.i want to talk to all of you about dingleberries,hernias and trips to marburg and scarf knitting and how adorable Boothbay is but Camden is more classically gorgeous {IMHO}and how Lushie is probably is somewhere in philly eating cheesesteaks but i have to go to work--------one more thing----peach----could ds have IBS or some other bowel thingy---???sometimes they have patches of pain-----------

Wabby
10-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Sugar is having an adventure. Cool.

My brother is having an adventure too. He's my kinda off the wall brother. He was laid off work, so he's decided to pack up all his tools and stuff and head to hurricane country to help rebuild. Is it just me or does this seem like unreasonable behavior?

Painty why did I think you were all done w/ chemo, so that meant you were all done w/ treatments. Tell me about radiation. Does it make you feel icky?

Peaches # 3 gratitude made me smile and Bagzie's grati--effin-tudes made me laugh out loud. :lol:

I'm wondering how Lushie's DD is doing and I wish she'd stop by and let us know.

Cowpernia
10-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Things I am not grateful for:

1> Kiwi's paragraph's are too long. My eyes cross.

DS will have a cat-scan on Wednesday. Could be a pulled muscle but he had the exact same thing a few years ago.

Sugar, Yay for you. That looks exciting. Interesting. English-speaking. The butcher's wife won't fit in.

Boiled peanuts have been invented, too. For those of you who don't know this or who may have forgot, I once sent Bagz some boiled peanuts and she replied, "I put them right in my compost pile." Hrumph. My church had a boiled peanut social last weekend. Nothing but boiled peanuts were served. I was about sick after a small bowl. People around me at 3-4 bowls. Ick.

Bagzz
10-15-2005, 12:31 AM
i need backup on the effin boiled peanuts---what in tarnation would possess anyone to boil nuts???{well,i am sure there are some good answers to that ,BUT} i mean peanuts you know----WHY would you want your nuts anything but crunchy??? they are soggy and squishy and rubbery and smell like old sox-----------but it's the thought that counts of course----thank you for the peanuts peachers----it gives me a fourth thing to be grateful for-------------i bow to you ,my liege================

Cowpernia
10-15-2005, 12:46 AM
I think it's like taters. There are so many taters in the world that people have learned to boil, au gratin, French fry, bake, etc them. Down here we got lots of peanuts. They do kind of smell like old sox though. You should try it. If you can find some nice fresh raw peanuts, just put them in boiling water with SALT and boil them a bit. Then let them cool down and they get squishy. Not so squishy while still hot. You can amaze your friends and .... here's an idea ... serve them at your shop!!! YES!!!! $2 a bag. They'll go like hotcakes or whatever you call pancakes up there.

Lush
10-15-2005, 08:40 AM
Hi all, are you still my friends? I was looking at Christmas cards yesterday and realized that it's been so long since I sent them that I don't get any anymore....except from you guys...and a few people I don't like.
I hope all is well. Painty, are you hanging in there? DD has 8 more radiation treatments. They wear her out. She's doing well, though. She says she's leaving for school in January. The prospect scares the he(double hockey sticks) out of me but what's the point of getting better if we force he to live like she's sick?
The boys are fine. DS1 is in HS now. He's doing great and likes it. DS2 is in 7th grade. He hates it but at least is doing well. DH is thinking about retiring again. I'm thinking of working in Labor/Delivery. I'm completely unqualified but in my search for what I want to do, i've rejected boring stuff and decided that before DH really retires, that's where I want to work. I really have nothing else to report. I'm tres selfish because I haven't even read what's going on with you guys. I'm too depressed.

Bagzz
10-15-2005, 01:50 PM
LUSHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! WE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SUMMON YOU BY SENDING OUT BARELY VEILED INSULTS AND IT WORKED!!!!!---IF YOU ARE DEPRESSED YOU HAVE COME BACK TO THE RIGHT PASTURE!!!! THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE DEPRESSED HERE!!!!I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY YOU CAME BACK----NOW STAY HERE AND UNLOAD!!!! SOMEONE WILL BRING YOU UP TO DATE QUICKLY----NOT ME BECAUSE I RAMBLE TO MUCH------i do so miss your lovely brand of wit--------one of my favourite quotes "sausaging yourself into your jeans"---a true classic!!!-----you can commiserate with the ladies whose babies will be heading off to school this year-----mine is in second year and i miss her like ****!!!!!!----we don't even need the hockey sticks!!--------i will shut up now and let others carry on but WELCOME HOME AND DON'T STAY AWAY LIKE THAT AGAIN!!!!!!!

Cowpernia
10-15-2005, 03:02 PM
Yes, we are still your friends. Try as we may, we don't seem to be able to shake the Lush addiction.

Summary:

Sugar is off to another town to meet English speaking people she does not know.

Wabby has sold her home for a ton of bucks and is moving into a trailer behind Grandpa.

Kiwi follows Kiwiette around as she performs is various arenas. Kiwi has a new puppy with way more energy than Kiwi.

Bagz is doing well with her shoppe in the tourist district.

Painty is insightful as ever and doing well.

Shots is dying her hair herself with intersesting results that give Mr. Lynn, her North Carolina hair dresser, something to talk about with his normal .. I mean .. regular customers.

Cherry pops in every now and then and seems fine.

I am the one depressed most of the time. I won't bore you with that.

Why would you ever want to leave us?????

Kiwonk
10-15-2005, 06:47 PM
It was one of nearly biblical proportions.... (Ok grammar experts, should biblical be capitalized? Nope, it's an adjective; godly isn't capitalized either.

Here's something I found offensive: (http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=content&id=stv440016&layout=martha) on Martha the other day (yes, I watch this train wreck; I can't seem to look away), they had a project for Halloween of making styrofoam tombstones with "funny" sayings on them: there were 3 different ones displayed. "Rest in Pieces" (Oh hohoho doesn't that make you nearly split a gut? :rolleyes: ) was one of them. Prominently displayed in the middle was this: "Here lies an athiest: All dressed up and no place to go" Yes, atheist was mispelled. Does this mean it's okay to make fun of all belief systems? I look forward to making fun of fundamentalists and creationists.

Gotta go eat roast chicken which DH made. I will try to enjoy it even though I will end up cleaning the mess and washing the roasting pan.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
10-15-2005, 08:10 PM
Now, see, I'm confused. Does the word "Bible" (I should go look it up, right?) refer to the New and Old Testaments or is a general term for .. something. If it's the proper name of those testaments, then it should be capitalized. Like it were about To Kill a Mockingbird, we'd say To Kill a Mockingbirdcal. We wouldn't drop the caps.

Tombstones are not funny. They are middle school humor like farting. That's pretty funny you correcting Martha's spelling.

Bagzz
10-15-2005, 10:26 PM
i was a big fan of the old martha show----i HATE the new one with all its yammering and sucking up---it's like do it yerself Oprah----she does boring things and BEFORE she did several interesting things per segment---------------blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh----i still like her on principle but she is BUGGING me.

Kiwonk
10-16-2005, 01:08 AM
I have a black furry alligator on my lap. It is unlikely that I weill bre ablre to ype anymore. LOL uhoh I think she's

Kiwonk
10-16-2005, 01:12 AM
She left. I think she is chewing up a bottle. It is pouring rain again and I guess we are in for a few days of it. The ceiling in the kitchen is leaking again, in a new place and in an old place. I have not looked at my Bushisms calendar in 5 days, a record. I forgot to cash in my LLBean dollars yesterday and they expired. My life is going to the dogs.

Bagzz
10-16-2005, 12:13 PM
it's going to a very cute dog indeed!!!-----one of the cat's left a big hudda on the front hall carpet------------they have two litter boxes---------WHY DID THIS HAPPEN!!!!! --it is raining here to kiwonk----JUST like last effin weekend---why does the crappy weather happen on the weekend??----i am making sphagetti sauce to make the house smell nice----i bought fresh basil yesterday and man it smells lovely---------------Carry On.

Kiwonk
10-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Sketti sauce sounds lovely. I think the cats crapped on the carpet because they are sick of the rain. We have a new piece of ceiling hanging down. What a dump.

It stopped raining for a bit -- it's just windy and cold. Jet was very funny this morning; she didn't want to go out at all. I think she was offended at the idea that she ought to pee out there in the cold. Haha does she have a surprise coming or what?! :lol3:

You are still online. Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiii

Bagzz
10-16-2005, 03:45 PM
:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: ohhhhhhhhhh i think i left the site up and dh was online---i changed my recipe---it was going to be sphagetti sauce but now i have added things to make it Jambalaya---i had shrimp,i am cooking chicken and i sent dh out for keilbasa {sp??}----now i must cook the rice --------come for supper----we got the driveway paved last week so ds can play basketball and ball hockey--i was out there a minute ago by myself and shot 20 baskets for fun {it was strangely invigorating since i do no excercise] THEN,i noticed that all the blue pottery flowerpots which weight two tons had to be put in the greenhouse for the winter so WONDER OF WONDERS!!! I ACTUALLY PUT THEM AWAY---AND I even put the garbage cans that were rolling around in the wind INTO THE GARAGE---WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME---HAVE I BEEN TAKEN OVER BY MARTHA ???????--------CRAZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEE :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Cowpernia
10-16-2005, 11:35 PM
Bagz ... please ... ask ... Dr. DD2 ... what ... is ... the cheapest .. yet effective ... way to ... get .. fleas ... off ... a ... cat.

Congratulations on getting your garbage cans corraled. That is really something! Way to go Bagzoid.

In my personal life, I found this site that sells knitting needles cheaper than the Knitting **** in town and will mail them for only $1.75 s&h. Yayyy.

How many LL Bean dollars, Kiwi, and how do you get 'em?

Kiwonk
10-17-2005, 01:04 AM
Goodness, you can ask me that. Here it is, time consuming but effective and cheap as dirt: You need a real flea comb -- or the baby comb that they gave you in the hospital when your baby was born. What? You don't still have that? That's okay, they sell flea combs, probably in the grocery store. It has to have very fine close together teeth. I can't find mine.

Anyway. If the cat is truly infested, you'd better get some flea powder and rub that in his coat first and wait a day or two. That stuff is pretty cheap and very effective.

Then, to get rid of a few fleas: You get a small bowl, put a squirt of dish soap in it and half fill it with warm water. Stir it around a little to mix in the soap. Set the bowl on a sturdy surface within easy reach of where you are going to sit. You settle the cat on your lap on a towel and you comb through his hair carefully with the comb. When you come up with a flea or any flea dirt you quickly tap it into the bowl, where it will not survive. You may cheer and celebrate, but do so quietly so as to not alarm the cat.

There now, wasn't that fun? Now repeat with other cat, because they're never on just one.....

Kiwi

Kiwonk
10-17-2005, 01:12 AM
I think I only lost 10 LLBean dollars. You get them when you charge stuff on your LLBean Visa card.

Cowpernia
10-17-2005, 08:53 AM
1 of these cats has long thicky partially-matted (not much but he's sensitive) fur. Do you still recommend this? He's a nervous panicky sort of guy.

Bagzz
10-17-2005, 11:43 AM
unfortunately the only thing that has worked for us----and the cats we have seem to be "allergic" to flea bites ---resulting in little scabby things on their skin {grossssssssssss}----is the stuff from the Vet---i think it is called Advantage---it works every time and funny you should say,-----our newest cat -{finally named "BOB"} needs his pom poms removed so i will have to get stuck with all the crap they insist you need "needlewise" even thought these are indoor cats------------in short----i imagine kiwi's plan will work but you might have to cut off the mats -----YIKES

Cowpernia
10-17-2005, 02:22 PM
his little pompoms??? awww

Wabby
10-17-2005, 02:24 PM
Lush! Welcome back to the herd! Peaches didn't tell you the most important thing thats going on with me --- I'm going to get a granddaughter in February! Yup, I'm going to be Granny Wabby. Please hang out with us again. I'm not too proud to beg. I miss you. It sounds like its been a harrowing year for you, with DD's medical treatments and boys growing up.... and I'm depressed too, but not for any good reason.... so stick around and commiserate.

Fleas - only that Advantage stuff works on my doggies. The problem w/ flea powder is that it doesn't kill all the eggs that will hatch out at about the time you've picked off the last flea killed by the powder. I just treated my critters on Saturday. I took both dogs to the do it yourself dogwash, then cleaned their kennel, and while I was cleaning they managed to get some kind of motor oil smeared on their heads. D*mn mutts.

The Cinitopia theatre experience was sooo nice. The theatre has big leather chairs w/ ottomans & cushy throw pillows, waiters to bring you food and drink, live entertainment before the show, ...... and the movie was great. Just the right mix of laughs and tears. DH managed a friday night without me w/ a minimum of whining.

Bagzie, doing outside stuff leads you to feeling like doing more outside stuff... went for a walk w/ my sister and then we both started cutting back perennials in the front yard and before we knew it we had a wheelbarrow full.... that was last week.... this weekend I sat on my big fat arse most of the time. I had a marathon session of watching the first 6 episodes of HBO's Six Feet Under. Addictive tv.

I watched the new Martha once. I hate it. She's trying to be more approachable, when that was her previous appeal --- her elitist snobbiness was at least genuine.

Can't wait to hear how the Sugar adventure went.

Wabby
10-17-2005, 05:15 PM
I'm bored, so I'm replying to myself.

A pipe burst at DD's apartment, flooded her place before they could get it shut off. She had to move home until they got her place recarpeted and dried out. She lasted 2 days and called her landlord to tell them she was homeless and needed temporary housing. And I thought I was easy to live with. She said she had to tiptoe around at our house and she just needed her own place. Harumph! Guess I don't have to worry about her moving back home. We drove her crazy in 2 days.

BBQ'd chicken wings at KFC are neither chicken wings or bbq'd. They are little nuggets of fat, deep fried, then smothered in a vinegar-tomato goop. ick.

The website for the guy who was our before show entertainment at Cinetopia is www.accordiancrimes.com. He was surprisingly good and wrote his own stuff.

Kiwonk
10-17-2005, 09:45 PM
Hi Lushie! Somehow I missed your post! So glad to see you back. We have all missed you.

Fleas - only that Advantage stuff works on my doggies. The problem w/ flea powder is that it doesn't kill all the eggs that will hatch out at about the time you've picked off the last flea killed by the powder. I just treated my critters on Saturday. That's true if your animals are constantly getting fleas, but if they only brought fleas home from somewhere, flea powder and combing work very well. When we got our Humane Society cat, she was supposedly treated for fleas but within a week or so, she had fleas-a-plenty, and they were hopping over to the other cat and the dog. I used Advantage on the dog a few times because she was very allergic to the bites, but I got rid of the fleas totally by using flea powder and combing on the cats. The cat that brought the fleas home is the long-haired one, by the way. And I did have to remove mats a lot on her (and probably will again this winter), but you were planning to do that anyway right, Peachie :s:?

Glad you had a lovely time at the Cinetopia, Wabbit. I want one.

That's pretty funny about DD only staying 2 days. Geez, at her age I lasted several months at my parents house even though they drove me slam up the wall. Good move with the tiptoeing around thing. I'll have to remember that for future use.

Kiwi

Bagzz
10-17-2005, 11:10 PM
I know this is irreverant but i couldn't resist----------poor God.

Quote from the National Post: by Doug Camilli

-----I've never much liked Salmon Rushdie.No matter how good his writing,his celebrity fugitive schtick is pretty wearisome. Still,you've got to like what he told TV guy Bill Maher the other day: "I've been worrying about God a little bit lately. It seems as if he's been lashing out,you know,destroying cities,annihilating places. It seems like He's been in a bad mood. And I think it has to do with the quality of lovers he's been getting. If you look at the people who love God now,you know,if I was God,I'd need to destroy something."

Cowpernia
10-18-2005, 01:08 AM
It's not irreverant. It's hysterical!!

Irreverant, in my opinion, was NPR Sunday morning when they aired this young woman's thoughts on the stupidity of believing in God. I just thought she had nothing to say that everyone else hadn't thought of already. It's like erotic writing .. only so many ways to say it. Yawn.

Cowpernia
10-18-2005, 08:11 AM
I forgot to say this Most Important Thing. Some months ago, I sent fan mail to Dan Hicks, the greatest of California musicans. Well, yesterday, I received a postcard from him!! He drew my picture on it!!! Was very accurate with short curly hair and earrings. How did he know??? So how many of you got mail from your fav performer?????? ONLY MEEEEEE

Wabby
10-18-2005, 01:13 PM
Yeah, but I bet you haven't hung out w/ Elvis.

Cowpernia
10-18-2005, 03:30 PM
Now I feel bad. Wabby knows the KINGGGGG.

Kiwi I have dematted the cat and have combed about 20 fleas out of the pair of them. We are bonding. HAHA

SugP
10-18-2005, 06:40 PM
No one famous ever sent me a postcard. I'm so boring.

Wabs, my adventure isn't until this Saturday. I hope I get off at the right stop. I have nothing to wear to impress perfect strangers.

Once I lived in an apartment with a bunch of girls and there were fleas in the carpet from the last tenant. We didn't have a cat, so they bit us instead. For months. *scratch scratch*

That Salmon Rushdie sure is a card, isn't he? :lol:

LUSHIE!! You came back! Sounds like you have everything in control. Yep, if you're depressed, THIS is the place to be.

PainterWoman
10-19-2005, 03:30 AM
Lush-- good to hear from you. Glad that DD feels up to "moving on." I think that having something cool in the future is one of the best ways to get over/through/around depression. What are you NOT looking forward to that's making you depressed? We care... and will listen attentively to most any story... but just up to 3 times! :lol:

I think DD and DH and I are going to Kerrville for Thanksgiving... DD arrives Thanksgiving day, so we can feast and digest... then drive to the Texas Hill Country with their quaint little CUTE shops rather than get dinged and frustrated in the mall parking lots (or over indulge infront of 48 hours of football!)

I rather liked the S. Rushdie remarks.

Our cat is confined to the indoors and so far NO FLEAS. thank goodness. I remember having them in my apartment many years back. Not only was the cat always chewing some disrespectable part of her anatomy, but they bit my ankles, too.

I think I need new walking shoes.

The dentist fixed my tooth in under 1/2 hour. Sure enough, some enamal that should have been going north and south had bent itself and was going east and west. He ground it down, added glue and some polish. My tongue is no longer shredding itself.

Good Night and Good Luck.

Schatzi
10-19-2005, 08:26 AM
The Great Schatzarina has returned from the grave... I shan't bore you with the details of the malevolent maladies I fought valiantly to recover from . Unfortunately, laying in bed has not been good for any weight loss..but I'm just glad that FAT has memory, and returned to its original areas.. as I simply could not tolerate any more back, arse or hip blubber--lest I would have to wear a sign on my butt stating: "CAUTION MAKES WIDE TURNS" or "WIDELOAD" . Much to do as I lost a week of time .However, I did catch up on my Nancy Drew PC mystery games.. a crack detective that nancy!.. today, off to get some healthy foods back in the cupboards and getting my hair hi/lo lighted.. . (yes, Part 42 of the ungoing hair saga for those that have followed my "follicle follies"..) ... must catch up on all the posts... scanned quickly and see that the much loved lush has returned from her wanderings..welcome back ya old joisey broad! Now stay with this cattle drive...
must go and ready my hair for Gomer Pyle to hilite in between his brake changes and tune ups.

Schatzi
10-19-2005, 02:28 PM
I've returned from Petticoat Junction..I think I shall change my name to Charla Mae...Whaddaya think? Well Gomer did lighten up my hair and it looks okay.. it is now in a state prior to me cutting it with hedge clippers, and coloring so that I looked like a Fat morticia. P.S I WAS NOT KIDDING about working on his manifold in between and before my appointment. .
Lushness, Peachie, Paintessa,wabbina, Bagitta, Kiwieble, and Sug my leetle leebling, I hereby award you each A DAY OF BEAUTY coupon:, treat yourself to a massage, Facial, new Dooo, and a movie. (Please charge it to Mr Lush, Master Peach, Mr Paint, Mr Wabbo, Mr Bag, Mr Sugardaddy,and Mr Kiwi, on my authorization.)

I still have yet to read the preceding posts...I'll git to it...but must first unbag the groceries, and weed the garden.

Latah my lovely Shamooos

Kiwonk
10-19-2005, 05:06 PM
Hi Schatzi -- glad to see you are back in the pink as they say. I watched Martha Stewart get a facial; does that count as my day of beauty?

Texas Hill Country sounds much more fun than the alternatives, Painty.

I am thrilled to hear about your flea circus, Peaches. I hope you are not allergic to cat scratches.

I get a kiss goodnight every night from my fave performer. Ha Ha.

DH departed the scene this morning for a couple of very cold days on the sailboat. He took books and a guitar and lots of warm clothes. I think he just wants to get away from the furry alligator.

DD had no school today so she and the squeeze took my car and drove the long way to the Big City for a movie. Eek.

There is silence in the house. I'd better go find out what the little monster is doing. I signed her up for Puppy Kindergarten, so she can meet some new chew toys.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
10-19-2005, 10:07 PM
Well, I can't remember what I was going to write, it was so long ago that I hit the reply button. Sad, but true.

So Hi!!

Kiwi

Wabby
10-20-2005, 12:54 PM
Ya know, yesterday I posted a long rambling post about how I really had nothing to say. Then when I hit the "submit reply" button, my computer ate it. Apparently when you have nothing to say, the internet gods believe you and your post disappears into cyberspace.

Cowpernia
10-20-2005, 01:34 PM
Wabbo, it ain't true. The internet is a man and men do not listen.

I am reallly p*ss*d. I am soooh depressed. I want a support group made up entirely of people who are out of work so they will understand what I say. I feel very understood. And LUSHLULU has the nerve to say she's depressed!! Why the h*ll isn't she here then helping me vent????

I feel like I've been going the motions and now I see behind here all these motions amounting to nothing and I don't even want to motion anymore.

Plus .. as I deleted ... yesterday I went to see this counsellor. I know here. I think she's wonderful, a lovely person. But do I feel better???? NoOOO. I feel unbetter. I feel that she made observations of me and thennnnnn wanting to show how smart she is she shared them with me. So what? What do I do with "fact" that she is so impressed with that I tend to act like things that hurt me are unimportant????/ What h*ll good does that knowledge do me???? You know I don't necessarily agree or disagree with her. It's just meaningless. It has nothing to do with the stuff I'm facing. Oh. I just feel lousier than before.

I am going to go email Bagz now and make her straighten out my life.

Bagzz
10-20-2005, 03:55 PM
where's my email???? OKAY EVERYONE THIS IS SERIOUS----WE NEED TO GET THIS WOMAN BACK ON TRACK----LET'S DO SOME SERIOUS BRAINSTORMING!!!!---

Kiwonk
10-20-2005, 11:35 PM
Wabbo, it ain't true. The internet is a man and men do not listen. :lol:

I am reallly p*ss*d. I am soooh depressed. I want a support group made up entirely of people who are out of work so they will understand what I say. Judging by the person around here who is out of work, I do not think a support group would help. DH is happy that he's out of work, even though it is just an awesome stress on me and even on DD. He has a very fatalistic attitude and no motivation to speak of. Every so often he talks about an idea for a business, which I usually try to encourage, if it's not too horrifying sounding, but I don't think he means to do anything until after his unemployment runs out. I'm the one who's depressed.

Here is a story that will at least divert you:

Our little puppy went through her first big trauma today. We went for a walk this morning (before I had breakfast, I would like to point out) and we were having a nice time, up on a trail that is used for x-c skiing in the winter. On our way back, Jet smelled something interesting beside the trail and started digging. Then yelping and screaming and leaping around and screaming -- she got caught in a trap! I'm talking a heavy duty steel trap attached to a chain in the ground! I didn't even believe that this was really happening for a moment, it was just too horrifying to believe. I tried to help her get her foot out, which resulted in her sinking her little needle-teeth into my hand, my arm, my clothes. And I couldn't even figure out how the thing would open at all, let alone do anything about. So I sat there bleeding, trying to calm her down for a bit. Then I tied her leash to a tree and left my (bloody) jacket there, just in case some moron (like maybe the a**hole who put a trap right beside a frequently used trail) heard her screaming and decided to come and shoot his "catch", at least he'd have no excuse for not knowing she was a pet. Honestly, this is how I was thinking.

Then I ran back down the trail, listening to her scream. Believe me, this was most horrible part of the whole experience, having to leave her there like that. I was only about 1/4 mile from home, so I (about died running) got home and called 911. They got an animal control officer from town to call me back. He sounded worse than clueless -- he didn't seem to have any idea of the trail I was talking about, although he certainly sounded like a typical old guy from the area, all of whom would know this place -- and he wanted to know what kind of trap it was -- coyote? bear? EXCUSE ME HOW THE **** WOULD I KNOW OR CARE? Then he said, "Well, some of those traps are illegal!", like this was his solution to the problem! I told him I didn't care about the trap, I just wanted to get my puppy out of it! "Oh." Honestly. Anyway, he said he would come out and see what he could do, but he didn't really know blahblahblah. So I called the police station back and got them to put me in touch with the state police, who said they would have the game warden call me. In the meantime, I had to call the school and have DD paged and sent home because she had my car (and DH was down on the coast).

So I cleaned up my wounds, and gathered up a towel, a pair of leather gloves and a nylon muzzle. Thank goodness for those, I must say. When DD got home, I had her call the vet and wait for the game warden to call, and I took the car and headed back up to Jet. She was pretty calm, considering, and let me pet her and put the muzzle on her. I tried to open the trap, but I really couldn't figure out how and every time I moved it, she would scream, so I just sat there with her for a while. I had a long wait for the animal control office, during which I finally figured out how to open the thing, but I really couldn't do it myself. Finally the guy showed up and we got the trap off pretty quick. Incredibly, Jet was not bleeding and she even put some weight on her foot on the way back to the car. So the ACO was useful after all, I don't know why he talked as if he couldn't do a thing.

I learned quite a bit from the game warden, who called just as I got back to the house after freeing Jet from the trap. This was a coyote trap, no teeth in it fortunately, and they are perfectly legal. They don't even have to be marked so that you can tell where they are. They're like frigging land mines! He said he gives classes on safe trapping, and one of the things he stresses is that they should never set a trap near where unsuspecting people are likely to go by. (Duh) So he got the info from me of where this trap was and he's going to go look at it and have a talk with the owner. He also wanted to know just where on the leg it trapped her, because it is supposed to be made so that an animal can't be seriously injured if they're caught in it. It caught her just above the paw, which he said was exactly what it should do and it probably wouldn't do any harm. It was rather nice to talk to someone who knew what they were talking about (apparently I've been living in this town too long; I tend to think everyone is an idiot after a while).

So the upshot is, I took puppy to the vet and she's fine, nothing broken, just some swelling. She was pretty fearful when we got there (which is unusual), but after getting loved on by every single person there, she was back to her bouncy self. Me, I am punctured and sore but very glad this is over.

There now, if you actually got through all that, you forgot about whatever was bothering you for a few minutes, didn't you?

Any time, dears. Long-winded is my middle name.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
10-20-2005, 11:57 PM
Just to further divert you: this is my arm. isn't that the happiest wound you ever saw? :)

Cowpernia
10-21-2005, 12:27 AM
Did the vet look at YOUR wound????? This is alarming. At least in Dogpatch, I've never run across a trap. But then again, they'd probably all trap their cousins. I'm surprised you had a muzzle. I've never had a muzzle or a trap. I'm beginning to feel deprived.

My email isn't working.

To see the second cutest dog in the world, look at dogoftheday dot com for Oct. 20. Looks like something out of a coloring book.

Schatzi
10-21-2005, 11:16 AM
KIWI!!!! What a Horror Story!!!!!! Your arm looks like it hurts like a Motha.. and thank the GAWDS that Jett is not wounded..but I'm sure she is "Tramalized"...I hope she has recovered emotionally! AND WHAT THE HECK IS WITH THESE TRAPS!!!!!!Good LAWD Woman you DO live in the wilderness! I have this pic in my head right outta Northern Exposure.

Now then COWPERNIA, I too am still unemployed.. Now then, have you put your resume out there? Networking outside of Church? And about this counsellor... did anything she say ring true with you..have you reflected on it in a somewhat objective way... and if "you can see her point" , do you want to change the 'behaviour", if not or if it's bullcrap, then just forget it. No sense dwelling or pouting bout it. doing that just adds to your feelings of Oh Woe and depression darlink... What is it that we can do to help you?? ..I'm having a brain cramp.

Painty: As an ex Dental Assistant, you had me cracking up about bended enamel.. Darlink, Enamel doesn't bend... LOL, Anyway... dental humor.. you wouldn't get it if ya weren't in the "biz"... my most favoritest job was as a dental assistant.. L O V E D IT! Too bad it doesn't pay real well.

WABBY: Did you realllllllly know the KING????? I'm duly impressed, didja eat fried banana/PB sammiches???? DH and I were married by Elvis at the Viva Las Vegas Chapel.. Perfectly cheesy and tacky. That Cinitopia sounds divine! wish we had something like that here...I would love to do a Horror movie marathon... but none are playing in Podunk.

Bagz: That quote is PRICELESS!!!! I use Advantage and Frontline on my furbabies...never had a problem.. Where we use to live I would take them for long walks and pull many ticks off of them.. When I started to use Advantage/ Frontline.. never had a problem with ticks or fleas.

Sug: I'm sure you will look loverly whilst meeting your new foreign friends...

Painty: 1) I survived my childhood and came out quazi normal...
2) I can take care of myself, 3) I still love my DH

LUSH? Please return to earth- You have many messages waiting.

Cherry Cow: Happy Birthday yesterday ..I hope it was moovalas!

Today I continue to work on my scarecrow goard... and finish my latest Nancy Drew Mystery game.. It's touted for kids 10 and UP... Jeez, these things are HARD! It doesn't make me feel like a rocket scientist thinking Kids age 10 and up can get through these things!... Do Toads migrate...or maybe hibernate? They seem to have disappeared for the most part...Now there is this beautiful black cat with white mittens that tease and terrorize Darby and Casey..heh hehe... I went out to the deck yesterday to see all the furniture covered in muddy cat paw prints..BRAZEN BROAD! I continue to pray to Our Lady of Perpetual Dieting: FATima, but alas, my scale aint budging.. I think I shall eat some chocolate for breakfast.

Cowpernia
10-21-2005, 11:28 AM
Shots, thank you for reminding me you're still unemployed. I have been trying EVERYWHERE. Just sinking into hopelessness. What the counsellor said rang true just like if you spill your dinner on your p.j.'s it'll stain. True but not significant.

Kiwi, my gmail won't load. I fear there's too much unopened mail in it. I want YOU to fix it. I would tell you my password but I can't email it to you. Can you fix it anyhow?

Wabby
10-21-2005, 01:00 PM
Kiwi, I was freaking just reading the tale of your poor puppy. That was absolutely horrifying, I'm so glad to hear that she's not seriously injured. There are ppl around here that trap coyotes too, because they're a serious problem w/ livestock, but I'd think that a trail frequented by humans would be the last place someone would set a trap. Good lord.

Schatz, no I didn't really know THAT King, just a guy who was really good at impersonating him after he'd have a few drinks. :lol: Actually, I'm kind of mad at him right now - he was the one who sold DH the Harley. Which, by the way he has kept parked in the barn since he bought it. He doesn't have a motorcycle licence endorsement yet, so it stays parked until he does. I'm hoping by that time he'll have lost interest and sold it.

I think the reason Peach is getting a little freaked about being unemployed is that in her household she is the sole provider, right Peach? I can understand that would be much scarier. Did you tell the counsellor what you wanted to accomplish by seeing her? Maybe she assumed you wanted to work on some big issues, when what you needed was some reassurance that you can hold it together during this tough time in your life. Have you considered possibly broadening your job search beyond Dogpatch, or do you feel like that is where your roots are?

Today is our wedding anniversary. It was so long ago neither DH or I can remember which one. 27? 28? Geez I'm old. We don't have anything planned for it, in fact I think DH had forgotten until I told him "happy anniversary" this morning. He had that deer in the headlights look. ;)

Birthday greetings are in order for Cherry?

Cowpernia
10-21-2005, 02:38 PM
Right, Wabby. Sole provider and not providing. Can't go far beyond Dogpatch because fuel prices will eat up earnings. I did tell the counsellor to the best of my ability. Maybe I'm just in a negative mood but I feel disappointed in her. Learning that my mom was paranoid schizophrenic and that I told my Sunday School classmates not to ask me if I got a job (constant reminder) she asked if I often feel people are talking about me and taking notes about me. Huh. Not too veiled of a question there.

SugP
10-21-2005, 03:59 PM
OH MY GOD, Kiwi! That's awful. You poor things. :( I'm so sorry some idiot had to totally destroy a simple walk in the woods. Hope they find the trap owner and give him h*ll. I think that would be especially painful on a poor little half-grown puppy paw.

Happy Anniversary, Wabby! However long it's been, you seem to be holding up exceptionally well. :lol: Go out and buy yourself some diamonds or something.

Schatzi - Dental Assistant - wow. You are so multi-faceted.

Peachy - Sometimes my Gmail says that my browser cache is full and I have to empty it before I can send or receive mail again. Didja try that? I really really really wish we could just conjure up a job for you. :grouphug:

I'm all ready to go - train ticket, passport, kleenex, gum, umbrella, camera, emergency granola bar. This should be fun!

Kiwonk
10-22-2005, 02:06 AM
To see the second cutest dog in the world, look at dogoftheday dot com for Oct. 20. Looks like something out of a coloring book.Ohmygawd, that's the funniest leetle doggie!! Nice high-5.

Naw, I didn't have anyone look at my wounds. I cleaned them well. I was thinking of stopping by dr's office, but by the time I got back from the vet (that's an hour and a half round trip now since we lost our local vet), it was looking a lot better. Today the punctures barely look like needle pricks; it's the bruising that's impressive. And Jet is very sorry. Not. She is fine -- no apparent trauma. We went for a walk this afternoon (not the same trail -- I really don't want to try that for a looooooooong time)

I had the muzzle for Molly -- it's just a nylon and velcro strap thing that wraps around her nose and around the neck -- we went through some domination issues with her. Don't feel too deprived...

I'm looking up trapping regulations. I'm thinking of writing a letter to the editor of the local paper about this, but I'd like to know what I'm talking about before I do.

Schatzi, I think Wabbit's Elvis is the same one that married you. Either that or it's the one that they hired for a 50th birthday party of someone I know a few years ago -- she's a gigantic Elvis fan, and she was totally thrilled, but this guy was just, eewwww.

I saw Elvis in concert. Elvis Costello, that is.

I've been known to play a computer game or two, too. And I think most of them are devilishly hard.

Way to go, Wab, always fun to surprise the spouse with those 3 words: happy anniversary, dear. One year, we both forgot entirely. Sheesh.

Anyway, Happy Anniversary to Wabbits! :cheers:

Sugar, have a wonderful adventure! You're not bringing a pen with concealed poison dart, just in case?

Learning that my mom was paranoid schizophrenic and that I told my Sunday School classmates not to ask me if I got a job (constant reminder) she asked if I often feel people are talking about me and taking notes about me. Huh. Not too veiled of a question there.:lol: Oh my. I hate to say it, but from my experience with one therapist, that is so typical. The guy I went to for a while (what an incredible waste of $$$ by the way) kept trying to get me to say that I hated my father. It would have been amusing if I hadn't been paying so much to the quack.
This is all there is to coyote and fox trapping regulations in Maine:
Early Fox and Coyote Trapping Season
Opens October 16, 2005 to October 29, 2005

a) You must set all traps at or below ground level.
b) You are not allowed to use killer type traps.
c) You are not allowed to set traps in the water.
d) You are not allowed to use any exposed bait or visible attractor.
e) You are allowed to keep any incidental opossum, raccoon or skunk which you catch in your fox and coyote traps. Any other furbearing animal caught incidentally in your fox and coyote traps must be immediately released alive, or, if found dead, must be left there in the trap and be reported to a game warden as soon as possible.

But I have also found a document called "Best Management Practices for Trapping Coyotes" that has a picture of the exact trap my little baby got caught in and has this to say about where to set a trap:
Set Location for Traps
Careful choice of trap location can influence animal welfare and the selectivity
of trap sets. Trappers should choose set locations that:
• Minimize the captured animal’s exposure to domestic animals and
human activities;
• Prevent entanglement with fences or other objects that might result in
injury;
• Minimize the capture of non-furbearers, particularly in residential areas;
• Avoid trails used by people.Duh.

Kiwonk
10-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Hello, it's a beautiful Saturday and no one's here! Could we all be out doing something fun?

Cowpernia
10-22-2005, 05:58 PM
I'm just afraid of your puppy.

DS is camping. I'm blobbing.

SugP
10-22-2005, 07:44 PM
It's me. I did not get axe murdered. Everyone was adorable. BUT some poor soul threw him/herself in front of the train (NOT at my station, thank goodness) I was supposed to take back to Big Dull City. Happens a lot here. So the train was cancelled and I had to be very creative getting home.

More later after I have slept.

Cowpernia
10-22-2005, 08:54 PM
Wake up!! Wake up!!! Sugar, tell us stuff!! Where were the people from? How many? How'd you all find each other? What did you do? What was the best part? The weirdest? What did you eat? Did you exchange anything .. like souvenirs from your towns? When will you see them again? Were they married? What do they do? Are any from Dogpatch?

Kiwonk
10-22-2005, 11:28 PM
How did you get home????

Kiwonk
10-22-2005, 11:47 PM
Hee Hee Peaches is afraid of a leetle tiny fuzzy puppy. Not to worry, Peachie, she is still very immature and she will eventually learn not to "express herself with her teeth". Hopefully nothing so traumatic will happen to her again, or I suppose it could slow down the learning process.

She spent the afternoon today romping with 4 other dogs and she's a happy girl tonight.

I am lethargic.

Kiwi

SugP
10-23-2005, 06:02 AM
How did you get home????
I walked. I'm a size 6 now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only kidding. :D I had to get a really slow train to somewhere else, and then a really fast one back home. Thank goodness everything connected or I wouldn't have gotten here until today, probably. NO ONE tells you what's going on. And they don't even give you a coupon for free coffee. One of the other guys who was there had it way worse - his first train was going to be 95 minutes late, so he ended up going somewhere else and it took him five trains and two extra hours to get home.

I now have a Too Much Excitement for Sugar headache. More later. I promise. It was a really fun day.

Kiwonk
10-23-2005, 07:00 PM
Glad you had fun!

I just had loads of fun: I gave puppy a bath. Ho ho that's a mess o' giggles.

Cowpernia
10-24-2005, 12:02 AM
I've seen other pictures of puppies having baths and it was outdoors in a big tub. Don't they shake afterwards? I'm thinking of washing my cats but don't want to try it alone.

Schatzi
10-24-2005, 12:09 PM
Poor Jett, looks like a drowned rat-I bet she fluffed up nicely though... DH let the girls out this morn and forgot to wipe their paws..now I have muddy pawprints all through out the house..I think I'm gonna get them little booties. like these: http://www.valleyvet.com/catalog_images/13244A1.jpg
Grrrr, means I gotta shampoo the rugs AGAIN! I swear when I get my own home it's gonna have hardwood through out. We're such pig-slobs that carpeting is just too high maintanence.
Sugah has a train adventure! Glad you made it home safe and sound.. now as peachie said..we want details of your day! What is with those train suicides??? I don't get it..if yer gonna off yer self why do it in a way that tramautizes a bunch of people..go take some pills or something!
Kiwi, I hope they give they give that Trapper John a ticket or something..even with those loosey goosey rules he done broke one and caused our Jett to be scarred and you bitten! Sue him on JUDGE JUDY!!!
Fall is finally here in Mayberry! It's in the 60's BRRRRR... Peachetta, is Wilma near you???? Please stay safe! And lordy I didn't get it that you are the sole provider.. sorry darlin' I hope something comes your way soon love.
Where is Bagazoid and Wabbit??

Cowpernia
10-24-2005, 12:49 PM
I just received a LOVELY package from an alien nation. I won't talk about it because Shots is likely to take it away.

DS's x-ray came back and they said to take him back to his first doctor right away as he has a pnemothorax. A hole in his lung allowing air into his chest. I am distraught.

XOXOXOXO BAGZ XOXOXOX

Schatzi
10-24-2005, 01:08 PM
Oh NO! Cowhernia, so it's not a cramp or a hernia??? It's a hole in his lung-Oh my get him to the doc or hospital jiffy quick!!!!!!!!!! This sounds very serious!
hmmm: I can only guess that you are a recipient of these much tawked about chicken bones... sigh, put them down and get DS to doc STAT!!!!!!

Schatzi
10-24-2005, 01:10 PM
better yet, send them to me for safe keeping until this medical trauma passes.. I swear to return the box or bag or whatever... ;)

Cowpernia
10-24-2005, 01:59 PM
I would allow you a whiff if that were possible.

Schatzi
10-24-2005, 02:05 PM
oh you are just tooooo kind...NOT! he heeeeee! Did you get DS to the docs yet??? how the hoodledoo does he end up with a hole in his lung????Was he in an accident at anytime?

Cowpernia
10-24-2005, 02:20 PM
He goes to the doctor tomorrow so stop yer yammering. Don't know how. Can be caused by infections.

There is no way to give you a tiny whiffie of the divine bones so just forget that, too.

Do you know Lush? Oh, yeah, you do. I'm appointing you to go get her. She is far too uppity and it's unexcusable. So fetch.

Schatzi
10-24-2005, 03:07 PM
Don't choke on yer chicken bones thar Cowhernia...FETCH!!!! Horummphf!we Jerzey cows don't FETCH and they don't come even if ya callem... right Lush.??? .

SugP
10-24-2005, 04:17 PM
I would allow you a whiff if that were possible.
We need to invent the Whiffernet. We could make a fortune. :carrot:

I have looked up pneumothorax on the internet and am no longer as seriously worried about the Peach Boy as I was before I informed myself but it still doesn't sound very pleasant and I'm hoping he will get treatment very soon.

Still suffering from Post Traumatic Deutsche Bahn Stress Syndrome but will write about actual meet-up soon. Another guy's train home was supposed to be 95(!) minutes late so he had to hop another one and still another one and got home two hours late. And then there's the guy who never even got out of the starting gates because the tram that would have taken him to the train station in the morning was cancelled (ANOTHER suicide - Saturday seems to be a popular day) and his train ticket was only good for that particular train and the idiot at the ticket desk told him if he wanted to go he'd have to pay for a full price ticket (he got 65% off the first time for booking on the internet)and wouldn't make any exceptions because that would have made him seem human and we wouldn't want that in a Deutsche Bahn employee now, would we? So he missed the meet AND lost his money. Great. Silly country.

Schatzi - I think the reason people throw themselves under trains is that they know that hundreds of other people are going to remember what they did and either be very annoyed,freaked out or incredibly sad. I guess making an impression on one's way out is important to some.

We saw Wallace and Grommit today. Fun! Brilliant! I loved it. :lol:

Wabby
10-24-2005, 04:42 PM
Well at least you know what is causing the Peachboy pain. Nothing worse than having our babies hurting.

I can't wait to hear more about your meet-up, Sugar. Did their 3D persons match their cyberpersons?

I had a loverly weekend. DH brought me the purdiest coral colored roses and took me out for a nice dinner to celebrate the the big 28 year anniversary. We both decided we'd still get married to each other again if we had it to do over. :love:

Are they sure it was suicide, Sugar? Maybe they just tripped.

Schatzi
10-24-2005, 04:44 PM
As one of the most untraveled cows in the neighborhood, I hear tell, that that Autobahn has no speed limit and most travel at MACH 1 ..is this true??? If so, I would be run right off the road since Dh states that you could fall asleep before I make a turn.. (which isn't true..I have been clocked at doing 85 on the Joisey turnpike!..which if the Autobahn is any near what I hear , is the speed you slow down for on a ramp)
Anycow, COWIE WHAT DID I TELL YA..no LUSHIE...US jOISEY COWS cannot be trained to do anything... cept make lists... heres mine:

1) NUDGE cowhernia to give me chix bones...check...
2) WAIT AT mailbox for chicken bone arrival................
3) Attempt cow moo for lush...check..but went unanswered..
4) Shampoooooo carpets: check
5) try to use this new fangled oven with the self cleaning feature...I think I may have found a cheap way to cremate.
6) do wash...check....
7) watch Judge Judy.....she's the boss applesauce!
8) Rest...check
9) Make cube steak for dinner...

Schatzi
10-24-2005, 04:46 PM
Awww Wabbit..that's toooo romantically loverly! and sigh,how wonderful you would marry him again... cow kisses to you

Schatzi
10-24-2005, 04:52 PM
Is it time again for a new thread?? since I am cow whipped by Cowpers I await her command

Wabby
10-24-2005, 05:01 PM
Yes. It is time for a new thread. Think up something clever for a title.

Schatzi
10-24-2005, 05:15 PM
wabby I have twied to come up wit somethin clevah... wespond undah the new twead.