Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-08-2005, 08:20 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Chat - October 8th and 9th

Good Morning Girls and Lurkers

Its a rainy day in Jersey. We really do need water

How is everyone today ? got good plans for the weekend ?

Today I have to go to a memorial for my BIL who passed away last month. Even though he was creamated (he lived in Az) my MIL still needs closure.

Whats shakin with you ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 08:26 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Anyone wanna clean my house today
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 08:54 AM   #3  
I CAN DO THIS

Morning Ladies

not sure if it's good or bad right now.. Still half asleep.. I went out with my girlfriend last night and had 1 drink, but on nothing in my stomach, so I feel a bit off this morning. Trying not to think to much this morning..

Morning Leenie ~ I'd help clean but your to far away,,,

CIN ~ is your husband ok?

Cathy.. missing you, glad to see you are posting /hugs
Plans for the weekend... for once I don't have any...

Cleaning... needs to be done, laundry and just picking up the house.

OH I forgot.... My son's birthday was a very good day, He had a good report from his teacher.. and then he got spoiled... He got a Darth Vader Mask, cap, light saber combo.. and Yugioh cards from his dad and me and the he got a Game Cube and 4 cames from his uncles. A few gift cards and some money... The kid made out... and his Birthday party is not until the 15th... NOW all I hear is mommy can I plan my game cube... so I have to sit down and set some rules or he'll be at the TV all day.

Other than that things are the same as they have been the last week here,,,
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 09:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gang!

Leenie - when you find somebody, please please please send them to my house!

Ashlie - glad your son's birthday went well. My guys are 21 and 17 and they love Star Wars. of course, they don't have any darth vader masks - but they love Star Wars ;-) we all do

Cin - how is your dear hubby? have ya'll found out anything? I'm sorry he is having a rough time! hugs!!!

It has been absolutely crazy down here - a little overwhelming if you stop long enough to think about it all.... but one of the things I've been noticing are how many things are marked on my calendar - things that were planned and scheduled but never happened bec of Hurricane Rita. Appointments and trips and places to be and things to do .....

Last night we were suppose to be at a big rehearsal dinner. My oldest neice had een planning her wedding for 2 years to her highschool sweetheart. They bought a house and have been working on it all year to get it ready. My guys were in the wedding and have been fitted for their tuxes.

Of course, with all the mess from the hurricane the wedding had to be cancelled, but their honeymoon cruise could not be cancelled.

So they have decided to get married today anyway. They will have an informal 10 minute ceremony at my sister's house this morning and then they will leave for their cruise on Sunday. Sometime in November, when the place can work it out, she will have her great big wedding like she planned, with everything still engraved with today's date - October 8. I told my sis that she can just do a disclaimer at the beginning of the great big wedding that the real wedding did take place on Oct 8 as planned ;-)

I hate that all of their plans have been messed up but I've tried to remind my neice that all that really matters is that they love each other and that they are getting married and will be together - even if it's not the wedding they had planned.

They will have stories to tell their grandchildren about their wedding and Hurricane Rita. Actually, we will all have lots of stories. ;-)

hope everybody has a great day!

hugs & blessings,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 05:49 PM   #5  
Oreo Monger

Good morning...wait,morning???? :P Good AFTERNOON everybody! :P No, I'm not willing to clean anyone's house, even mine!! HA! I am bound and determined to sit on my butt today. But I think I'm going to make myself get up and walk maybe later. It is really nice outside, with a nice breeze. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
manicbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 06:35 PM   #6  
CIN

Hi Gals
I worked today for 4 hours.........easy $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Came home and hubby & I went to Cracker Barrel for late lunch..then took a 2 hour nap! Is That lazy or what? I must have needed it!

Hubby is fine now..he has an appt this week with the Cardiologist.I will go with him. I am wondering if they may suggest a pacemaker or something. Otherwise he is very healthy for a 59 yr old man. No meds...no problems..just slow heart rate and low BP. (and an irregular beat)

I have strong FAITH....he is ok and will be ok!

Cathy...a 10 min wedding and a honeymoon sounds stress free to me!
Disappointing...and not what they planned but still sounds like fun!

They can always do the other later...........and will have a story to tell..indeed!

Hope everyone is doing ok.............BBL
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 08:54 PM   #7  

Hi Karen!!! Yes FAMU does have THE BEST marching band!!! They started it all!!! They are the Rattlers! And they are my alma mata's rival. Tennessee State and FAMU game and battle of the bands have become a classic game! I was a majorette at TSU - The Aristocrat of Bands! FAMU is my father's alma mata. Can you imagine him in the Tiger's den with his bright green and orange Rattler jacket on watching me march! Of course this was many many years and pounds ago!

I'm not exercising yet, but I'm on Day 2 of my Slimfast website guidance for food intake! I need to get my lard butt back to somebody's dvd. I miss the girl on Lifetime because at 7 AM I'm dragging children out of their beds to go to school!

Sorry to hear that you were weepy & depressed on Thursday. If you think that part of it is PMS, wait until you get to perimenopause! I'm glad that you made it to work, since you were crying on the way.For NAR? Bummer. I hope that you had a good rest of the day. Since we're having this rainy cooler than usual weekend, have you stayed inside & watched any old & scary movies yet?

Hi Ashlie!

did you ever get your theme and coffee Thursday morning? Yeah, that KFC will do it for ya!

How's the emotions front? Did you ever figure out why all you did on Wednesday but cry and feeling so low?

Happy belated BD to you son! My dd is 7. Congrats on getting S. into the Metal Factory. So, is it still cold there in North Central Indiana? I'm originally from Ohio. I don't miss the cold but I do miss the snow! Are the kids any better? Are you any better? Are you still 150% depressed with everything going on with S. Try not to fall apart. Try not to stress out. Does your appetite still stink? Glad you're not binging. I get like that - having no desire to eat anything when I'm depressed. I try to drink water, but I hate to unless I've had something sweet. Can't do the caffiene thing. How was the Lasanga? Shame on you for going out and drinking with nothing on your stomach! I'm sure that you did feel a little off this morning..........You sound like me - cleaning needs to be done, laundry and just picking up the house! It's hard when you're in the middle of renovating a kitchen! Glad to hear that you son's birthday was a very good day! Sounds like he made out like a bandit!

Hi AliLewis! Sorry to hear that you are having a really rough time. If you're gaining weight, don't be like me and just eat & sleep! Fall has hit around here too and I know what it is like not to have a single pair of pants other than pajama pants that fit! I'm in that same boat right now! Even though I'm trying to lose weight, all I seem to do is get bigger and never have anything to wear - hence - I never want to go out of the house! Your doctor is full of bull! "It's just a phase" is not what you need to hear right now! I'm sure that you are miserable because so am I. My house is a mess too. I am mean to the ones I love too. But you do have a clue what to do or who to turn to because you posted! Sounds like you have a nice boyfriend.

Hi Cathy! Hugs! To say that it has been absolutely crazy down there must be putting it mildly! I'm sure that it is a lot overwhelming! I imagine dealing with the calendar is something else! Especially the wedding! How was it? Hope they enjoy their cruise. Hope her plans for November turn out to be graet! You all will definitely have a lot of stories to tell all the generations! You seem to be a remarkable woman - I don't think I could keep it together going through something like Rita.

Hope you had a great day! Hugs & blessings back to you!

Hi KO! Glad to hear that things are much better!

Hi marbleflys! Glad to hear that you are not depressed! Glad to hear that you are feeling so positive! So how's the poison ivy coming along? I didn't realize that it was so bad that you looked like the Elephant Man meets Cylops and Pink Eye to boot! Wow! Good to hear that you are busy and losing weight! Good to know that you are feeling happy about what & who you are and to not to be constantly worrying! Good to know that you are busier than a one-legged man in an ***-kicking at work!

Hi Liz! Have anything nice to say yet? Hope so.

Hi buddly! Yes i'm trying to keep busy......... Are you still feeling yucky? Hormones can really be a *****! I am dealing with post perimenopause and a slightly enlarged pituitary gland! Talk about mood swings! I used to be on Paxil, but my last doctor took me off of it. I don't know why, but my new doctor is trying to get my records. Glad you popped in to say Hi. I'm doing well, considering I'm OP with my daily SlimFast and I'm not really depressed about anything right now......... Good for you for keeping up with your walks in the morning! Hope you walk out of your black cloud soon! Take care. enjoy your girls and the nice long weekend.

Hi Leenie! So, it's raining in Jersey too huh? Same here in DC! Sorry to hear about the memorial for your BIL. How's your MIL holding up? By the way, no I don't want your clean your house today. Anyone wanna clean my house today?

Hi CIN! So it's rainy and cool in Kentucky too! I used to live in Ohio - I was born and raised there! It's rainy and cool here in DC too! How's your hubby?

Hi manicbelle! Good evening! you sound like me! I'm not willing to clean anyone's house, even not mine either! Did you ever get up and walk? Glad to hear that it is nice outside somewhere! it's raining - really raining here in DC! How has you weekend been so far?

I hope that you and everyone has a great weekend!

Casper
Casper5AXTSU76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 01:04 PM   #8  

Hi everyone

Had a wedding to attend yesterday.........was really nice........today I have to clean, grab my kids at my in-laws..........church in the evening....and a few groceries for thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.

Hope all is well gang!

Hugs.

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 03:41 PM   #9  

Hi there,

I'm new to this board and this is my first post to depression and weight issue.

I've been batteling serious (don't like the term severe) depression since January of this year. Sort of started with me quitting smoking and my bf dumping me.

I've gained 20 somewhat pounds since then, and although I keep trying to lose weight I'm not doing it so far and I'm getting... panicky.

I hope to get the hang of thing around here pretty soon and look forward to getting to know everyone.
NeeNoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 04:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Welcome NeeNoon!

I'm sorry to hear that you are battling depression. I know it's difficult. My oldest son deals with it, and I dealt with a little of it before my thyroid problem was found and I started taking Armour Thyroid.

How are you trying to lose weight? what have you done?

glad you are here! and look forward to getting to know you too!

hugs,
cathy

Oops almost forgot, I just wanted everyone to know that the wedding was very nice yesterday. It was very simple and special. My sis and her hubby had been cleaning on their yard all week, and set up a little gazebo and put her plants all around it.

Just before 11:00 my other niece (her sister) called from Arkanas and asked me to put the phone by where they would be saying their vows so that she could hear them get married. She was crying and it got me crying. I just felt so bad bec I know she wanted to be there. But I videoed it for her and my mom, and took pictures, and placed the phone on the ledge in the gazebo so she could hear it all.

Afterwards my sis had gumbo for everyone. I guess there were about 25 of us there.

So they are married and I imagine they are on their cruise ship by now and sailing off into the sunset.

They said they hoped that things would be more "back to normal: when they get back home next Sunday haha Every day we see some improvements around here, but I don't think we will be close to "back to normal" for awhile.

hugs
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 04:27 PM   #11  

Hi Liz!

I just love weddings. Glad to hear that it was really nice! I haven't cleaned yet, today. Went to church with my dd. Soon as I got home took my ds to one of his classmates' house. Church in the evening? I need to go pick up my food for today's diet program. Went off OP at the repast at church. Thanksgiving tomorrow?!

Hi NeeNoon!! Welcome!!

Is the deprssion you're seriouly battling diagnosed or just a bf depression? I need to quit smoking.........

I believe that gaining weight from quitting smoking is just a coincidence. Heck I smoke a pack a day and ever since 911 I've gained immensely! How are you trying to lose weight? Whatever you do , don't get panickly! that's what we're here for.

You'll get the hang of things sooner than you think! Glad to meet you and by the way, I just love your avatar and I love Quebec! Parlez vou Francais?

Love,

Casper
Old 10-09-2005, 04:46 PM   #12  

Hi Cathy!! I missed you - you posted while I was posting!

Glad to hear that the wedding was very nice yesterday! Understand why it was simple and special. I'm sure that your sis and her hubby are very tired from cleaning and setting up the gazebo! It sounds like it turned out gorgeous!

Yeah gumbo!

I hope that they really enjoy their cruise. Hope things are more back to normal when they get back home.

hugs!

Casper
Old 10-09-2005, 08:22 PM   #13  

Hi Cathy thank you for welcoming me I'm trying to lose weight by watching what I eat basically. I started recording what I eat in fitday. My main problems are evening eating, and overeating. Over the years I've tried most diet and non diet approach. I don't know what to try anymore but I do know I don't want to measure anything. I can pretty eyeball it. I think!

Hi Casper. The depression is serious, the bf thing... I'm sooooo over and I truly expected the depression to go away with it, but nooooooo. Somehow, something got triggered, and I went so low that going back to the way I was... is very hard to say the least. Not sure I'll ever be.

I stopped smoking many times, and everytime I gained weight. About 15 pounds that would go away by itself... not this time. Maybe I'm older, maybe it's because I'm menopausal (through surgery I'm 33), who knows. I re-started smoking on 9-11 I worked for Canada Customs back then and we were on stand by to go to the airport (I worked mail custom - no stress there) and I just had to do something (my mom was also in the hospital then, and had been for 3 months).

Et oui, je parle français. As a matter of fact I am french speaking! Thank you for the warm welcome.
NeeNoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:01 AM   #14  

Hi NeeNoon!!

Sorry to hear that your depression is serious, but glad to hear that you are so over the bf thing. Have you thought about seeking any sort of counseling about what triggered the depression. Some therapy and or medication may help.

Yes, unforunately, as we get older the metabolism starts slowing down. Menopause can do it too! I'm early stage post menopausal. Sorry to hear about your surgery. Mine is due to just good old age (48). I started binge eating on 9-11. Hope your mom is better.

Cool You are french speaking! I minored in French at Tennessee State University. I had had french ever since 3rd grade, so minoring it it just seemed the natural thing to do for an easy "A" to help keep my cumulative grade point average up. I majored in Chemistry! I have been to Paris!

Casper