View Poll Results: Which type of sport do you prefer??
Team Sports (softball, volleyball etc.) 2 10.00%
Individual Sports (Running, Tennis etc.) 7 35.00%
I like both equally 1 5.00%
Sports? That thing that requires physical activity??? Trying to be a comedian this morning are we?? 2 10.00%
Team sports: if the people on the team aren't jerks. 3 15.00%
I don't like sports at all, I stick to the gym. 0 0%
I like sports and still go to the gym. 2 10.00%
Individual sports? How boring! 0 0%
I just watch sports on TV. 1 5.00%
Other......please enlighten us! 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2001, 02:18 AM   #1  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Hump Day!

Ha!!! It's officially Wednesday in my neck of the woods. Still haven't packed and I have to be up in 4 hours so I can get to the airport on time. I may not go to bed (yeah, and fall asleep driving to the airport!). I had a workshop for PartyLite and it was awesome as usual. I always leave so pumped up! I actually logged on to check the weather in Wyoming and guess where I just had to go first??

Jen: Thank you so much for the warm welcome back! I'm glad I was missed Thanks for the kick as well. I love your illustration, you are so talented! Have you ever thought of taking up drawing professionally?? I agree on the breaks, but I have been taking way toooo many breaks the last 2 1/2 years! Ah well, as I keep saying I'm in it for life and I refuse to quit.

Kim: Bad, evil mushrooms Put them down!!! Grab that water bottle!!

Hey Shalyne!!

Where's Kay??

Thanks to everyone for their positive words the other day!!

OK, better get the poll done and head off to the carry on suitcase. Having a horrible time packing b/c I really need to do some laundry My official answer to the poll was team sports if there are no jerks. I couldn't resist! I guess it depends on the people on both teams as to whether or not it ends up being fun. You guys know what I mean

Last edited by Brenda N; 06-20-2001 at 02:27 AM.
Old 06-20-2001, 06:17 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

Default OHMIGOD!

morning my darlings,
i was out drinking (shock horror i know) last night so felt a leeetle bit too tired to go running this morning. and it turned out to be a good thing because i got a phone call at 8:30am from a woman at the met office. remember how i was the reserve candidate for the weather girl job?! well, you can lose the reserve bit now - i got it!!!
more later, just had to share that with you all. thanks for all the support and stuff. guess i'll have to go and buy the smart jacket back from marks again....
kirsty

ps HELLO bren and all those about to post/lurk...
Old 06-20-2001, 06:42 AM   #3  
flibbertobbergenie!

Smile

WOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kirsty, as a Weathergirl we will all be relying on you from now on to tell us whereabouts in the world it is RAINING MEN!!!

Hellooo everyone, sorry I was MIA yesterday, I have been having big problems motivating myself at work and so I spent yesterday playing Caesar III (building Rome!) on the computer, which prob wasn't the best solution but made me happy for a bit anyway!!! Today I wil be mainly reading but I suspect I'll be back here checking in later on ...

Sarah - YIPPEE!!! on getting to goal, that's SO impressive, can I add you to my list of inspirations? And Jen - YAH on the 20lbs ribbon !!!

I went to WI yesterday and gained 2 which was a bummer but I was kind of expecting it. Fear of flying!!! But I will break the 200 barrier (and I'm not changing my sig!). I am journalling again as of yesterday, I think that will help, and I am also running again - 25mins on Monday morning, going again tomorrow, then the 5k on Sunday. Belle - YAY! on 20mins, keep on running, next year we can all run a race together, that would be SO COOL!!!

Anyway, enough wittering, back later!

Lxxx

Last edited by Lollybird; 06-20-2001 at 07:00 AM.
Old 06-20-2001, 07:47 AM   #4  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default KIRSTY!!!!

That is awesome!!!!!!!! COngratulations!

Angie
Old 06-20-2001, 08:19 AM   #5  

Default Congratulations KIRSTY!!!!

Wow, congrats Kirsty! That's so cool!

Hello all,

I haven't been around, too busy, yeah too busy eating all the wrong things

AnywaYS, things are about the same. I'm not too in to school, I guess it's hard going back to homework and stuff. Wish I hadn't waited a year and just went right after undergrad.

I'm going to a WW meeting today...I will be back to see how everyone is (way too much missed to read)

Have a good one!
Old 06-20-2001, 08:42 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Talking OMG KIRSTY! WOOOWOOOOOOOOOOOO

CONGRATS!!!! I'm soo psyched for you Go get that Jacket
I'ts Raining Men Hallelujah!

Lolly i'm going to be singing that all day

I was MIA yesterday too I was Lurking I exercised drank my water and did all that but my food was horrible i had an eggroll mei fun and eventually a sandwich not alot of food i just felt like a grease pit not to mention 2 snapples ugh so i felt all smaller and fantastic yesterday now i feel like a bloated blowfish
Suzanne I know what you mean about the homework I have to finish up work for a class and i have nooo motivation
anyway I have work today ugh
so I have to go take care of somethings first
Have a good Day girls
im sure i'll sneak back later

Last edited by KO; 06-20-2001 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-20-2001, 09:33 AM   #7  

Yippee! Way to go Kirsty on getting the job! I can't wait to hear the details behind it. Go buy back the jacket!!!

I had a nice night last night. Had a good workout at the gym and then went home and weeded for a bit. Got lots of exercise and ate 22 points for the day. I was very pleased with myself!

Welcome back to the lurkers! We have missed everyone that has been gone - Kierie, Brenda, Shaylene, Suzanne.

Lolly - try not to worry too much about the gain. you will get it off soon. That running is going to help!

Brenda - Have a good trip! Don't worry about the eting for now. Just make sure that you have time for yourself.

Stacey - glad everything worked out with your bridemaid. The wedding is coming soon, how exciting! Don't worry about the willpower for now and enjoy yourself!

Kim - I hope that you are feeling better today, you sounded so down. I am also jealous of skinny active people. I am too chicken to try most things so I'll never know if I could do them.

Becky - Yeah, a walking group would be perfect for you! I hope it works out!

Re: the poll - I used to play volleyball in high school but haven't really played any sports since then. I really enjoyed it though. I did that and cheerleading. Now I just go to the gym.

I hope to see lots of posts today. Kay, where are you? To PG and TTC ladies - I found a great forum under yahoo, called Pregnant WW, helps to not gain too much during pregnancy but no weight loss. Have a great morning!

Sarah
Old 06-20-2001, 10:22 AM   #8  
Parrothead

Default Ok, Ok...I'll come out and play

Sorry I've been absent for a few. I guess I've had the WW blues the past week and have felt really guilty. I have WI today and I only hope I didn't gain. I'm so pissed at myself because this was going to be my week to make goal. Two steps forward and then three steps back so I feel. I've been ok on food, but exercise and beer have been my downfall. I went to a friends ranch this weekend and we tend to drink all day long at these things. On a good note I got to see one of my friends 10 day old baby. She was sooooooo cute and such a good baby. Never fussed once and let all of us crazy ppl pass her around all day. I think baby fever in my group of friends will start soon because of that!

I have also been stressed out at work. I have a sinking feeling that we'll have some layoffs in the horizon. We got a new CEO and I think he wants to bring in all of his people once our round of funding closes. I'm trying not to get down until it happens, but I've been here a year and given so much to this company. It would really suck if I got layed off and then the company hits the big time. My plan B is to make lifetime and get a job for WW. I would also study for my GMAT and try to get into grad school. Luckily DH makes enough to support us and we've saved quite a bit. I guess we could also start our family

Anyway enough of my moping...thanks for asking about me!

Kirsty ~ way to go on the job! That is sooooo exciting!

Kim ~ We have a ton of weddings coming up so I know your pain. Maybe we can find the willpower together!

Brenda ~ Hi there! It looks like the both of us have a lot on our plates! Deep Breath....

Sarah ~ Gooooooaaaaallllll! Congrats!

Jen ~ 20# is awesome. You are doing so well. I agree about the cell phone. You can never be too careful. When I lived in Houston I didn't even go to my mailbox without my cell (we had a problem with armed robbery).

Well, I have to work now. Hi to all I missed and I'll check in later. I promise
Old 06-20-2001, 10:29 AM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI everyone. Got up this morning and walked again. Sadie is being a very naughty girl. Chewed up hubbys jeans the other night, last night she chewed up the shorts to my PJ's.. this morning she chewed up the corned of a wall in our hallway. No clue what is going on. Ughhhh.

Brenda.... have fun on your trip! I eat horribly when I am on trips. The best advice I have is try your best to make light choices. I have found that for breakfast I prefer fruit and cereal over eggs. I tend to eat more for dinner, so for lunch I try to eat lighter...salads and light sandwiches mostly. Soup can be lighter too!

Lolly... some days I play more on the 'puter too! hee hee

Sarah... the good site I found while PG was www.parentsplace.com. It's not for weightloss, but you join the thread for the month you are due. It is full of information because everyone is due about the same time.

Trish... check out the above site I mentioned!!! I checked it every day when I was PG. It makes you laugh and cry, and you can post questions you have and there is bound to be someone with the same thing! It really helped me when I was PG!

KIRSTY.......... YAHOOOOOOO. I am so happy for you! I only wish I could see you on TV!!! Someone will have to post it on the web for us!

Welcome Back Suzanne...

Well, better get back to work. Yet again, I have employee issues to deal with. This is getting just nuts!!! Some days I wish we could just start fresh with new people!
Old 06-20-2001, 10:31 AM   #10  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hello Girls, I didn't have a good WW night last night. I did awesome on Mon 20pts (which is actually 2 under) and I earned 6 exercise pts. Yesterday however I only had 5 pts left going into dinner and we had pizza and breadsticks Oh well I have to got to Dotti's and check out the points but I hope Monday will make up for Tues. I'll see and fill you guys in.

I have water aerobics again tonight. I am so excited! I have a lot to do at work todaybefore I get to leave though

Jen-Love the illustration

Lolly-I too will be singing "it's raining men" all day. I guess it is revenge for the "thong song" yesterday.

Kirsty-Congratulations, that is so awesome!!!!!

Brenda-Have fun on your trip and I am glad party lite is going well.

Kieri Good job on the water and exercise. It will all fall into place.

Sarah- YOu are the on points queen! Good Job! I love those kind of days

Well I will post more later
Becky

Old 06-20-2001, 10:41 AM   #11  

Talking Kirsty-WHOO HOO!!!

No time to post....Kirsty-congrats!!!! Tx Aggie-I know how you feel about three steps forward, two back!!!

I WI on Friday-think light thoughts!!!
I started reading BJ-how funny!! Although she is very weight-obsessed!!! 3/4 of the way through now....more later-Lori
Old 06-20-2001, 10:45 AM   #12  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default By nobe is stobbed up

I can't breathe and my allergies are raging! I had my personal shower last night and got some lovely nighties! Another shower tonight, too! My boss is in the office today, so I can't post much but I can lurk while she's on the phone!
Kirsty: Yippeee! On the job! Must tell us the website!
Hello to everyone else! Hopefully, I can post more later!
Old 06-20-2001, 10:49 AM   #13  
Eve's Mom

Default Kirsty the Weather girl!! Well done!!

Look out UK - here comes our new meterologist!! Kirsty!! That rocks!! I am so proud. Everything for a reason I guess. Good thing you didnt' go running!

Brenda - have fun in Wyoming!

Lolly - I have no doubt that you are right back on the wagon (what a stupid saything that is, I picutre a bunch of farmers Haying)

Kier- I love snapple...mmmm....my addiction in high school.

Suzanne - you will get back in the swing. I miss school - I loved it...!! SIGH!

Sarah - 22 points? well done. I cashed in at 30 yesterday, but I had like 4 boosters, so I was okay...

Kay - good luck at WI - may the force be with you.

Jen - how old is Sadie? we were lucky - no chewers amoung our dogs, but my dad's old dog ate shoes. Very bad!!

Becky - It all comes out in the wash,but be careful that you don't eat under often b/c it slows your metabolism. Your body will go in to starvation mode.

I voted for team as long as they aren't jerks, b/c I loved volleyball until the team started being a bunch of jerks. tehn I lost the urge. Now i like rollerblading alot b/c I do it "alone' but still with b/f. So its fun. Although I am not good and don't know how to stop...but oh well, taht is what grass is for.

am having major TOM pain. Might have to go home early today and make love to the hot water bottle...its very bad!!

B/f was sick with a tummy flu last night as well. And I talked to my 93 year old grama, who wants to make "friends" with him (she lives 14 hours away) and so she is sending him a jar of crabapple jelly. How cute is that? I love my gram. (one is nice, one is evil)

Anyway, should get somework done if I am crapping out early.

Congrats again Kirsty, that is so great!

hello to angie, emily, trish, stacey, shalyne, kim, tonya, lori, lola, KT and the rest of the herd, and all lurkers to of course
Old 06-20-2001, 11:27 AM   #14  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Belle... Sadie is a 1 1/2 year old Golden Retriever. They say these dogs are puppies until between 2-3 years old. Not fun at times. She is very pretty, buts gets into lots of trouble! I should post a pic of her, but they are all at home!
Old 06-20-2001, 11:53 AM   #15  
Proud Canadian

Default Morning all!!

Yay Kirsty!! Congrats girl - you deserve it!!

There's so much posted to read first thing in the morning. As for the poll - There's nothing equestrian up there. It's not really individual because the horse and you are a team, then again, my horse is usually a big jerk anyway. I played volleyball internationally in high school and I was on swim teams to so I suppose barring horses, I would pick team sports. If the people on the team are jerks, it kinda sucks though.

Hey jenn - do you give your dog chewing toys and is she still chewing everything. The last time I had a puppy he had so many toys he was allowed to chew on that the only other thing he chewed was socks and only when we were wearing them. Evil puppy!!

I've got lots of work today so I'll jump back on at lunch - hi to everyone - and girls with song - EVIL!!
Now its raining men!! In Tho-ongs! it's raining men - in thongs!! - I'm turning on the radio.
KT
Closed Thread