Old 10-07-2005, 02:05 PM   #1  
Mikey's girl

Default *Help Boredom eating*

ok, I work about 10 hours a day, dont really leave the office so I munch when Im bored, at home, here, just stupid stuff, I try to keep myself busy, but IMPOSSIABLE... so now I am typing everyone everywhere, just to see what else I can do.. I need something... hmmmm..... sorry Im feeling fat today... BLAH!
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 02:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

water water water and more water to fill your stomach. plus try brushing your teeth in the bathroom at work a couple times a day. those two things help me. good luck, now that i am on the road for work i'm not dipping into the office candy baskets but I do need to stop and pick up diet energy drinks along the way to keep me awake. oy!
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 03:39 PM   #3  

When i am feeling hungry at work and yearning to hit up the nasty office snacks, i drink some tea or chew a piece of sugarless gum. It helps, if only to give me longer to talk myself out of the unhealthy snacking...
Cindy219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 03:59 PM   #4  

Definitely the water thing! I drink anywhere from 2-4 liters a day. If i'm not filling up my bottle and chugging it down, I'm running to the ladies' room. I get rid of a lot of "down time" that way If I drink enough water, it makes me too sick to even think about the chocolates in the office dish!
pioneerprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 04:39 PM   #5  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Just like everyone else said, drink plenty of water.
Maybe you should also pick up a good book, so during your down time you will be reading and too into the book to realize you're hungry. Plus if your hands are full how can you eat?

I also have mini weights on the side of my desk. So i pick those up and do some reps everytime i'm bored.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 04:49 PM   #6  
All That's Left of Me

The best is splitting up your days meals into several rations, that way you're eating every couple of hours. When I actually mange to accomplish this it takes the fun out of eating, 'cause you're doing it so often. Plus it's a great metabolism boost!
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 06:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

I tend to munch when I am bored at home too. As long as I am on the go, I seem to do OK. So I try to keep busy doing stuff around the house, projects, cleaning, not that its fun but it has to get done. I also try to limit the available snacks to things that are OK, like popcorn in snack size packs, fruit, the basics. But I still fall into boredom eating a lot. Some times, I'll just get up and go outside or something. Or if I really have nothing to do, I'll cook something that takes a lot of work and prep and then eat that as my meal.
Hope this helps.
Jennie
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:37 AM   #8  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I'm also guilty of boredom snacking when I'm at home. It's not much of a problem in the office--I don't bring any food with me besides my lunch (and breakfast and dinner sometimes!), and I refuse to eat anyone else's, so problem solved! At home, I have purged my place of unhealthy foods and have also purged my cabinets and fridge of convenience foods. I often go into the kitchen with the intent of snacking, but I realize that all I really have are ingredients, and nothing that wouldn't take preparation (I have frozen fruits and veggies, eggs, raw meats in the freezer, condiments, spices--no cookies or crackers or ice cream or ANYTHING, not even low-fat stuff, cuz I know I will eat it ALL!!). This forces me to only eat when I am truly hungry because I have to actually make the time and effort to cook something, ya know?

Suggestion for work--I agree with the sugarless gum to keep your mouth occupied, but I'm not much of a gum-chewer, so might I suggest a bag of sugar-free hard candies? They last a long time in your mouth and have some really good flavors, plus I think you can get some at the dollar store (my favorite place to shop ).
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote