General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-06-2005, 10:13 PM   #1  

Default Plan for Men?

DH wants to join in with me and DD on this but I know he needs more food than I am getting. He is 6', weighs 225, and wants to lose about 30 pounds. Plus, he is about to start training for his 3rd marathon (he has lost and maintained a 50 pound weight loss by counting calories, eating about 2000 to lose) He wants to do this to support DD rather than count calories again.

What would you suggest?

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 12:17 AM   #2  

Andi, what a family you have.

Was your DD's plan also changed -- did she go no lites?

I really don't know anything about marathon training, but was he doing 2000 cals when he was training? (I just re-read it, and he was, I guess!) Anyway, if she's doing a program without lites, her portions may be just about right? Anyway, if he could try it, and if he's still hungry, then he could add more starches - he'll probably need the carbs for fuel. This is just a suggestion -- I'm running out of steam to try to calculate the calories.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 12:31 AM   #3  

Thanks! I do have a great family!

I was kinda wondering about that myself. I imagine DD's plan would fit him fine and he can fine tune it if necessary. She was switched to the Orange 1 without Lites. What a relief! No more yucky bars for us! 2 days was too many!

Andi
Old 10-07-2005, 11:18 AM   #4  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Andi-

I would guess red plus-2 1/2 P, 4S, 4V, 4F, 2D, 1fat and see if he likes the lunas for 1 or 2 a day (great when you're training like that). That runs around 2000-2100 cal/day.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 12:55 PM   #5  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Mary-

No kidding! I am on this plan with lites and it can be a challenge to get all the food in. However-I still seem to find ways to mess up
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 01:14 PM   #6  

You know, this sounds like a whole other language - Red Plus, Orange 1, Gold without Lites...

Okay, the Red Plus with the Luna bars is a real option. He does like Clif bars and such when he is training, so that might be a help to him.

When he asked me this morning what the game plan was, I told him maybe follow DD plan. I gave him the details and he said, "That is all the starch servings I get?" He was amazed! I'm telling you, we are carb hounds over here!! Of course, I live in the mexican food capitol of Texas so what else can you expect?

Andi
Old 10-07-2005, 02:24 PM   #7  

Andi I live in a small city in NW indiana called "East Chicago" Yes we are the city just over the border East of Chicago

But we have about 80% of our population as hispanic, so it has been really hrd not to go to the 50 taco places in my neighborhood like I useto, but I have found some great methods and recipes from my neighbors for authentic mexican foods, were I can actually go through the ingredients and just exchange the salt for morton lite salt... But I do miss my tortillas, I useto buy them in the 3 dozen packages
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote