South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 07:00 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Thursday on the Beach 10/06

Good morning, Chickies~~

Can't believe I'm getting us started. This getting a full night's sleep thing is amazing!

Sitting here eating my cream of wheat. Can't wait to eat "real" food again. I ate a hamburger last night with no ill effects. One patty, on a white bread bun, with a teensy bit of mayo and a teensy bit of ketchup. Can I just say how much I LOATHE white bread now?!?!! I feel for all the world like I'm eating a kitchen sponge.

This whole food poisoning thing has made me really scared of food, though. I'm afraid to eat b/c I don't know what might set my poor tummy off. I'm in charge of making dinner tonight and I have my doubts whether I'll eat any of it or not.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:29 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yick! White bread! I know exactly what you mean. even when we were kids, my sister and I used to call it marshmallow bread. I hope your tummy settles today and gets enthused about food, Mamacita.

Another "summer" day in Delta! This weather is just incredible! Usually we've had a killing frost by now but everything is still going strong in the garden. I hope I get a chance to harvest the rest of the basil and tomatoes before a killing frost hits us.

This morning I need to do major stuff around the house as Margo and Elaine come tomorrow morning. After lunch (and Romano's quick visit to put another coat on the wall), I plan to go to town for a small rug for the guestroom and a cover for the heat register. I should take my digital camera back to Staples as it doesn't seem to have read the manual! Dumb thing! I hate that!

It's recycle morning so I'd better get my stuff organized and out to the road. The Girls are fed, pottied and back to sleep so their responsibilities are over. They had better enjoy the peace today as tomorrow I have Romano and his minions here at 7 for the morning AND Margo, Elaine and Bailey of the Hyper Pypers arriving around 10!
Somehow, I don't think I'll get baking done for the Thanksgiving sale at the Mill!

Catch y'all later.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:46 AM   #3  

CACKLEDOODLE DOOOOO !!! Time to Rise and Shine!!!

Mamacita: Glad you had a full night sleep and feelin in the Pink! I'm sure it's normal to be a bit gun shy of food after what you've been through!

Pearsydew: I'm sure my little scientist will be experimenting with all those new recipes! Yummmmmm...

FFF: I never had a cherry limeaid..but it sounds like somethin I would like.. Wait..hmmm... There Aint much I don't like!! ok maybe brussel sprouts..them little cabbage wannabees!

HKO:
Congrats on being Head of the Class!!! Missy Schmartypants!

Holly:
Yummy Pumpkin Pies! And I love the color orange.. such a happy vibrant color!

BG: Ooohhhh thankyou for that buffalo chicken link. Does anyone know if I can make buttermilk? I could run out and get some ..just wonderin?

Kye: Those colors sound LOVERLY!!! I'm so glad our rental home has nice colors in it..I was so concerned that it would just be that Builders off white throughout.. but I have a green Kitchen, a taupey living room, a blue, pale yellow and antique white bedrooms..a lavender bath.. and one in antique white... The owner did a nice job!

Me: Today I'll either continue crafting or just reading...It's gonna rain today..which is a good thing as we are facing drought conditions.. so let it rain, let it rain, let it rain!

Off ta refill my cawfee cup! check back later Chicklets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Have a SUPER DAY!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2005, 08:19 AM   #4  

Smile

Good morning all,

It's coffee time

Mamacita- Food poisoning is the worst Hope nothing sets you poor tummy off today and ya start to feel better The only white bread I ever Liked was homemade. I saw a WW Bread recipe for the breadmaker on the board (I think), I may give it a try this weekend.

Ruthxxx- I'd wish those tomatoes and that basil were in my back yard, they're both on my grocery list. Instead of veggie's I have a pool in my backyard. I got my major stuff done yesterday. It was along day but worth it.
Sounds like you have a another busy day planned hope you get it all done.

Florida redeemed it's weather reputation yesterday as we did have a few hours of sun, enough for the four-legged kids to get their exercise . I don't know about today it's overcast again and there is a Tropical Storm moving through we'll see...

Yesterday was nonstop but productive, today is a 1/2 day for school so DS will be home early, I have to do groceries and some make-ahead meals. I seemed to notice the chocatate silk cheesecake it the freezer last night, but reminded myself that it probably had it probably had freezer ice all over it... thanks again for the peanut butter cup recipe it saved me
Hope everyone has a wonderful day on the beach!
Old 10-06-2005, 08:21 AM   #5  

Good morning ladies.

I didn't go golfing or workout last night. I kept my cousin's 7 month old. It was a lot of fun. He is an easy baby and my 3 year old wasn't that jealous.

I am kind of bummed today. I called my Dr's office yesterday to get the results from my bloodwork. The nurse called back right at 5 and said they sent me a letter and she doesn't have a copy that there was a note that my cholesterol was high and they are INCREASING my dose of medication. I was too stunned to ask questions. I just KNEW it was going to be good b/c my husband's numbers had gone down so well. I have lost over 20 pounds since the last test. I almost cried. I am waiting for the letter to come. Hopefully, they put the numbers in it so I can ask questions. My husband and dear friend said that I should probably be retested. I am having a serious case of "whoa is me".

I plan to workout tonight. There is a class at 6:30 that I plan to take and my MIL wants to keep DS. So, I have no excuses.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:23 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies It's grey and yucky here in NJ
and yet I'm STILL ON THE BEACH!
Mama I love a full nights sleep take care of your tummy White Bread Bleh! Thenagain iwas the kid who liked PB &J on rye or Pumpernickel
(tho I don't eat PB anymore because it makes me a )
Ruth can you send some tomatoes and basil my way? i loove fresh basil! What are the Hyper Pypers?
SChatzii you're day sounds soo relaxing I'm comin to your house!
Me
I have my coffee in hand and I'm already diving into work I had my nose in writing books last night b/c I might have an opportunity to write a kid's book.
I'm very excited and nervous b/c I've only successfully written articles and short stories.
DH and I decided to move our apartment complex has gotten wierd so we're looking for a new place.
bbiab
Kierie
Old 10-06-2005, 08:46 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Kierie, the Hyper Pypers are nearly family! They are summer residents who bought Bailey, Lucy's sister from a Hershey litter. That makes us semi-related. The whole family is wired in a nice way; hence the Hyper part of their surname. They even call themselves that! Elaine is 11, John is 13 and Margo and Glenn are the parents. When they ar here, everyone talks at once so it's pretty exciting - and stimulating! Lucy and Bailey play for hours and Hershey keeps interfering and trying to make them behave by her standards! Margo and Glenn are like kids to me and are always doing stuff like raking and stacking wood. if teh kitchen is covered with plaster dust when MArgo arrives, she'll just say "Where's the vacuum?" and get right to it.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:53 AM   #8  
Kyemom

Good morning Beach Babes!!! & Cackadoodle DOOOOO to u Schatzi!! I finally got a good night's sleep last night. Had a fabulous OP day yesterday, and have all of my meals palnned out for today..Have a chicken & brown rice going in the crockpot at home, so dinner is already taken care of after the football game tonight. I will just have to make a salad!! Love when I am prepared....Everyone sounds chipper this morning. It is gloomy & rainy here, but we need it. (We too are in a drought, Schatzi...Virginia & NC or so alike)
Ruth- I hope you have a nice time with the Hyper Pypers, hope the girls done go crazy!!
Mama- Hope you are feeling better. I thought about u the other night when a friend of mine went into the ER...it took the nurses, 15 sticks to get her IV, they ended up putting a pediatric iv in her thumb...never seen that before.
Kierie- U gonna buy a house or get into another apt complex?
Dana- Aren't babies great, especially when u can send them home to someone else
2BT- I love the pb cup recipe too...it is my favorite
Well, ya'll have a nice day, I will be around here most of the day!!
Old 10-06-2005, 08:54 AM   #9  
Kyemom

Ruth can u send her to my house? I could use the help too!!!
Old 10-06-2005, 09:06 AM   #10  
Kyemom

Hey Pear- What color is the new cookbook? Is that the one with the orange cover?
Old 10-06-2005, 09:10 AM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Ruth The HP's sound Wonderful! and can you send them here too? We're Looking for a new appt probably. if we found a house in the next 2 months that would be great! but considering what we have found in our range in NJ (think Flophouse) we will probably rent. My Dh is talking about moving up to where my mom lives b/c the cost of living is so much less.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:28 AM   #12  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Dh was on the computerso its gong to a rush post. Did anyone see the diet doctor onfit t.v last night. They had Dr. A on talking about the sb, looks like he put on some weight.Is the SB really working???????????????Sometimes I wonder. I'm back to phase 1,but how much longer can I stay in the safe haven.My problem is putting back grain carbs into my meals.Does anybody else experencing this,or is it just me. Going to talk with my doctor again. I know that when entering Phase 2 adding 1 carb for the whole week and than the second carb can be added slowly if no weight gain.

Need a stricter menu planner. Do we need snacks,in Phase 2?????????Maybe I going to stop them and eat 3 squares a day. Been on the SB for 2 yrs and I have nothing to show for it,as you can see my ticker,is up again.

H-E-L-P

Sorry for whinning again. I don't know where to turn. Hugs BB

Will post later when I get my head on straight.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:02 AM   #13  

Whirling dervish.
The meeting last night was beyond HUGE!!!!!!!

Our whole teaching staff was there to support school council because of parent dissent about the peaceful school initiative we have and bashing the new principal. Crazy!! I was there til after 10, didn’t sleep well and and was on the phone at 7:30 this morning. Sigh. People are very defensive.
A lot of energy around this.

I have decided to do a modified SB diet it is tooo stressful try and do it perfectly and then feel like a failure for screwing up. I have a lot on my plate. My goal is to eat mindfully and healthfully.
I just had a scrambled egg with feta mmmmmmmm.
My period arrived I was quite shocked to realize a month had flown by. No symptoms tho!! The cold is mild but there.
6 kids today. 2 are off cause their G-Grandma died. I will have them Sat morning for the funeral.

The troops just went out to play. Much quieter.

Now I need to slow down and breathe and think on my day.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:03 AM   #14  

BB: Darlin' We are all different.. SB is working for me ..but I do notice that I gain when I don't watch my portion sizes.. It might be SB legal, but if I over do it I gain.. Have you tried to track your portion sizes and run a week or two through fitday? In order for me to loose, I have to keep my calorie intake to no more than 1100. I just like that this WOE is focused on healthy whole foods. maybe a sit-n-think-n-reassess time to figure out why it's not working..If you are true to the plan, then maybe this way of eating isn't compatible with your body?? Just a thought. I've been know to skip a snack or two..but when I eat like a ravenous pig at dinner..then I know I have to add that afternoon snack in even if I 'm not hungry.

KO: As a fellow Joisey gal I know exactly what you mean!!! I really thought I was jersey born bred til dead..but the housing prices, property taxes, and well, generally the quality of life with the crowds and traffic etc drove us outta the state. We can get a house that would go for 300,000 in jersey (and you know that is nuttin in jersey..heck our townhome sold for more!) for around 150,000 here- with about an acre of land... Big Life decision to move..but so far we have been very happy here!

Last edited by Schatzi; 10-06-2005 at 10:13 AM.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:18 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good mornin' ya'll

Sorry I haven't been chatting the last few days. Been in a funk..Trying to come out of it. Been doing this diet for a few months and was doing really well, feeling better about myself. But since the first of sept, it has just stopped. I've stayed OP (except for the minor slip up twice in sept, and that wasn't even that bad) and I'm no better off than a month ago!! I actually even feel fatter. I just feel unattractive and fat!!!! I also feel as if I live a boring existence. My DSS graduated in May and has a 2nd shift job so I don't see him at all through the week. My DH works 3rd shift, so I can see him maybe an hour in the evening if I'm lucky. So, I'm at home by myself, constantly thinking about my weight and what I'm eating. I started the walk away pounds dvd a few weeks ago, maybe I should move on to something else. But other than that my life is actually ok, I just keep plugging along. Thinking of a career change, maybe that's what I need is a change....Is this a midlife crisis I'm going through? But that wouldn't explain the stall in weight, too bad thought I had it figured out

Any advice would be appreciated.

Dana, I know how ya feel, numbers and all. Men seem to do better and it just takes us longer to get our numbers under control.

I just keep telling myself it's gonna get better and keep plugging at it, keep on the sunny side don't ya know!!!

Ya'll have a great morning
Closed Thread