PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 10-05-2005, 12:34 PM   #1  

Default pcos and ww

Just thought id let you know that after trying every diet under the sun, I finally went along to ww and found that it works with pcos! Halaluyah!!

so... if you've tried the rest, try the best (imo lol) ive lost 10.5lbs in 4 weeks and for the past 2 havent been as 'good' as I should have, and ive still lost!
miss.colesef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 05:58 PM   #2  
banned

wtg miss!
im on ww also and have lost close to 40 lbs so far. i attend 2 classes per week. good luck! pm me if u wanna be buddies
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:12 AM   #3  
IR:0, Valarie:1

Default Not the same results...

I have been on ww for twelve weeks and have yet to lose. I follow the good health guidelines, I drink water... my leader is baffled... Insulin can not always be overcome! I'm producing 3-4 times more than I should... I have lost 5lbs total since Jan! I work out several times a week, and eat as little as possible... Do you ladies experience the awful hunger? Doc says it is due to the insulin.
Valarie250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:46 PM   #4  
banned

5 lbs is 5 lbs. have you tried core?
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 08:52 PM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I did ww too, but it didnt work for me when I ate what ever I wanted within my point range. I did fine, and lost quite well when I made lower carb choices.

Ive learned...(having pcos) to keep my white sugar intake extremely low
keep my white flour intake extremely low to non-existent
eat whole grains when your needing a fix. Oatmeal is great with a tbsp of peanut butter blended in, and a bit of splenda.

ww is great....but it works differently for different ppl. Your food choices even tho your in your point range will affect if you loose and how fast. At least for us anyway.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 11:56 AM   #6  
Ready To Change!

S/C/G: 270/240/170

Height: 6'1"

Wink WW rocks!

Hey ladies!

I am also on WW and have had success with it. Actually, for awhile I was GAINING while staying within my points! After a few months of thinking I was doomed, I realized that I was using my points in unhealthy ways. I switched to Core and have seen GREAT results. The Core choices are excellent for IR (and probably PCOS, but I don't have it). My insulin headaches were gone within 2 weeks. My levels dropped, too, but I don't know how fast because my appts. are every 6 weeks. I have learned to eat fruit with something else or I get a headache, but otherwise, Core rocks my world! If you haven't tried it, I would highly suggest it. At first it is hard, but if you research recipes, there's a TON you can do with that list of foods! Good luck and I hope you find what works for you!!!!
Cheryl170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 08:57 PM   #7  
Going Nuts - Join Me?

Hi Ladies!

I'm new to this thread (and this site as a whole), but just wanted to say that ww is working for me. I joined 8/25/05, and have lost 21 lbs. on the flex plan staying within my points. I agree that it is by far the best choice I could've made, and I highly recommend it for those that haven't given it a try.

Just my 2 cents . . .
wilzinlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:50 PM   #8  
angst and eyeliner

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Height: 5' 3"

keep up the good work to all of you who are losing weight w/ww! that's awesome. i haven't tried it, but i am considering joining once i get some steady income. i'm doing calorie counting/exercise but it is soooo slow-going!

valerie, i know what you mean about the hunger/cravings. i try to watch my carbs and when i'm getting the cravings i *try* to fill up on veggies or a little bit of protein. are you on metformin? i know a lot of people say it's been helpful to them.
isenephthys is offline   Reply With Quote