South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 04:38 PM   #1  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Question Help me improve my menu this week.

I posted this over in journals, but I want opinions from the SBD Queens! How can I improve what I am eating? Is this balanced? I am on Phase 2.

Meal Plan
Week of 10/3/05

Monday
Breakfast: 2 spinach mini-quiches (the ones from the SBD book), 1 wedge Laughing Cow light
Snack: Lo-carb blueberry muffin, 2 Hershey kisses
Lunch: tuna wrap with spinach, cucumber
Snack: Pina colada flavored, sugar-laden drink; mixed nuts, ½ slice chocolate banana bread
Dinner: broccoli cheese soup
Snack: quesadilla made with WW tortilla, Velveeta, with salsa and FF sour cream

Tuesday
Breakfast:10 grain ham and cheese pancake, 1 wedge LCL
Snack: smoothie made with skim milk, frozen fruit, and vanilla (bring to work and freeze)
Lunch: Leftover soup, tuna salad made with tuna, Greek dressing, feta, and cucumbers
Snack: frozen grapes, non-SBD granola bar [I was starving and this sucker was hiding out in my desk]
Dinner: Stovetop BBQ burgers [not made with BBQ sauce! LOL], roasted squash, ½ sweet potato with Smart Balance
Snack: no sugar popsicle

Wednesday
Breakfast: 2 cheesecake cupcakes (recipe from breakfast board)
Snack: (make and bring) 2 scrambled eggs with cheese and green pepper
Lunch: Out w/girls
If Cibo—strawberry salad, couscous salad, soup
If Provence—antipasto salad, fruit, soup?
Dinner: Crockpot Beef and Broccoli, brown rice
Snack: splenda custard

Thursday
Breakfast: 2 spinach mini-quiches, Laughing Cow light wedge
Snack: 1 cheesecake cupcake
Lunch: Roasted eggplant, grilled chicken in sesame sauce
Snack: pecans
Dinner: Chicken with almonds
Snack: Popsicle

Friday
Breakfast: Morningstar Farms tomato and basil veggieburger
Snack: Laughing Cow light wedge, thawed strawberries with FF whipped cream
Lunch: Leftover chicken or tuna wrap in café, minestrone (homemade)
Snack: pecans
Dinner: something fast on the way to lock-in! Have to say, will probably eat slice of pizza due to stress of staying up with 30 girls! [Yeah, there's a positive attitude, Jessie.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited by JessieW; 10-04-2005 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:48 PM   #2  

Jessie, yay! I'm glad you brought it over here for the "queens"!

P.S. don't forget to let them know which ones are the s/f ones!
Old 10-05-2005, 05:58 AM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Jessie, it looks like you are really trying but lots of stuff is sneaking in there. I see tons of protein and lots of saturated fat, but very little veggies. Try to lower your saturated fat (i.e. cheese/nuts/etc.) and up your veggies a TON...you're aiming for 4.5 cups a day, okay? ). Don't forget your fruit (make it fresh and real and avoid sugar with it...does the FF whipped cream have sugar? Be careful... ) and make sure you drink your water. If you eat sugar like the hershey's kisses, banana bread, etc., you need to seriously consider hitting Phase 1 again until your cravings are gone. One small transgression here and there (NOT everyday...) might not cause cravings, but that many definitely will. So take care and hit P1 again so you start fresh.

You're on your way, chica...just keep it up! BTW, avoid lo-carb products unless you see that they are healthy. Things that are made with tons of odd ingredients to lower the carb number aren't good for you. You need to make sure that they are using whole grain flour and not using sugar. If you love muffins, consider making Barb's muffin recipe. It's wonderful and addictive, but totally OP in P2.

It's great that you are seeking help...it shows that you are going to go far on this plan!
Old 10-05-2005, 07:05 AM   #4  

I don't think we are allowed to have Velveeta. Check the ingredients. Lots of bad stuff. Your menu needs more veggies, and also, keep healthy snacks such as peanuts around for when hunger strikes.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:41 AM   #5  
Kyemom

Also, know that the nut serving is per day, not per meal...Nuts will slow down your weightloss if you eat too many. Up those veggies...even drink V8. It is great to ask for help!!
Old 10-05-2005, 09:48 AM   #6  

I use Velveeta in the Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe (I think it is Laurie's recipe). The Velveeta light has more junk in it and the regular has more fat but I use skim milk to the fat balances out. That is the only thing I use Velveeta in though. Otherwise, I use RF cheese.

Aim for 4 1/2 cups of nutritious vegetables. I normally serve at least two different ones for dinner. One that my son will eat and one that he won't. I eat lots. Last night was pork tenderloin, a little rice, and lots of steamed cauliflower and broccoli (actually he eats both of those veggies).
Old 10-05-2005, 02:03 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Barb, I love that your son is a good eater!

Velveeta isn't great, nutrition-wise, but I think it's okay in moderate amounts. It definitely works well in that soup. I do the same thing, Barb...use regular and reduce the fat in the milk to compensate. The light just has too much sugar.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:09 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jessie, where is the milk? I see it in some places but not enough. Remember you need the calcium to avoid osteoporosis later! Try to get in two to three cups per day of milk or yogurt as stated in the Phase I list. It's really important!
Closed Thread