100 lb. Club - New here & starting today

View Full Version : New here & starting today

TechnoDiva
10-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Hi everyone, I've been lurking around here for a couple of days and since today is my first official day of getting healthy & strong I thought I'd introduce myself. I've got about 125 to lose and I'd like to do it before I turn 40 (in 2 years). I'm pretty much doing Body for Life. I'm doing small meals/snacks every couple of hours with a lot of water and I'm following the BFL exercise program. (I'm headed out to the gym to work out later this evening)

I'm a homeschooling mom of 2, a web designer and an aspiring fiction writer so I spend a lot of time sitting @ the computer. I've had a life long problem with weight (yeah, I was the fat girl who got picked on ;) ) and I'm determined to get strong...I really don't care how much I weigh but I do want to build some muscle and lots of endurance to ride bikes with my dh and kids...just looking for support & encouragement and hoping to encourage others in their journey. :)

Cya,

Mary (who is going to get an avatar made soon!)

Jen415
10-03-2005, 06:16 PM
Welcome, Mary!! :):):)

TakinBabySteps
10-03-2005, 06:24 PM
Welcome!

DeterminedInGA
10-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Welcome to the forum Mary! I hope to see more posts from you soon!

irishgreengables
10-03-2005, 06:59 PM
Oh Mary, we need to hang out. I am a homeschooling mother of 3, now 115 overweight (after having lost 18), trying to lose my weight for a marathon to celebrate my 40th birthday in 3 years, and after 10 weeks of my own thing exercise-wise, am now on my second week of BFL. Tell me you live in the Mid-west and I will freak out a bit.

Welcome! This is a great place to do it.

mousie
10-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Welcome! What sort of fiction do you write? I'm an aspiring writer, myself. :)

famograham
10-03-2005, 08:38 PM
Welcome Mary :)

It's an exciting and scary time when you're just starting out, isn't it?

You've found a wonderful place for all the love and support you'll need!

Post often :)
xoxo
Linda

TechnoDiva
10-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Paula, I'm in Missouri. Freaking yet? ::dizzy:: Weird......... LOL! We definitely need to hang out!

Mousie, I write Inspirational (Christian) Romance. I'm headed to a writers conference in a couple of weeks where I get to hang out with people who have actually published something. What do you write?

Thanks for the welcome messages everyone! This group seems so supportive and I can't wait to get to know everyone here.

Mary

matt_H
10-03-2005, 10:46 PM
Welcome Mary...its a great group of ladies and the odd man here and there. Yeah, I'm odd.

taekwondomom
10-04-2005, 01:21 AM
HI! Lovely to meet you :wave:

mousie
10-04-2005, 05:13 AM
Paula, I'm in Missouri. Freaking yet? ::dizzy:: Weird......... LOL! We definitely need to hang out!

Mousie, I write Inspirational (Christian) Romance. I'm headed to a writers conference in a couple of weeks where I get to hang out with people who have actually published something. What do you write?

Thanks for the welcome messages everyone! This group seems so supportive and I can't wait to get to know everyone here.

Mary
Cool. :) I write novels for teens/tweens. Still trying to get published, but haven't given up yet! :)

activeadventurer
10-04-2005, 07:54 AM
Welcome:) from Denise. This is a great place to post!

wip
10-04-2005, 09:04 AM
Welcome. Everyone here is great! I find it helps keep me on a better path if I check in every day. Reminds me I'm not alone and shows me others have made huge healthy steps. Look forward to getting to know you

newfiedarling
10-04-2005, 09:19 AM
Hi Mary, glad you found us. Post often so we can get to know you better.

~Dee

irishgreengables
10-04-2005, 10:09 AM
Wow -- Missouri -- cool. I'm in your neightbor, Illinois, but up in the Chicago area.

ChocLabLover
10-04-2005, 10:19 AM
:wave: Welcome Mary, this is a wonderful group!

DishyFishy
10-04-2005, 12:54 PM
Welcome, Mary! :wave: Glad you decided to join us. :)

Jenaya
10-04-2005, 01:03 PM
Welcome, welcome! It is great to have you hear. Look forward to getting to know you through the posts. Lots of support and friendship on this board, glad you joined.

howie6267
10-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Welcome Mary, glad you could join us. I also want to have all my weight off by the time I'm 40. I hope to be in maintaince for a year by then. I will be 39 in June and hope to be at goal by then.

TechnoDiva
10-05-2005, 12:40 AM
Thanks guys, you all are so kind to welcome me like this!

I worked out last night and had my kids' homeschool group co-op day today (we have a group of about 150 kids who do classroom stuff together once a week). I got home @ about 4:30 and crashed. I fell asleep until about 10 and I'm headed back to bed in just a few minutes. I don't think I got my blood sugar at a decent level all day and that workout last night was intense! I hope I have more energy than this soon!

debsturn
10-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Hi! My name is Deb and I have over 100+ pounds to lose. I currently weight 282. I'm thinking 160ish would be just fine for me. I'm looking for a healthy weight-one I can maintain. I'd be happy with a size 13/14.

I've been married for 7 years and have a 6yo son. I am a 3rd grade teacher. I would like to lose atleast 50 pounds by the fall-we want to have another child.

I'm not following any particular plan. I am trying to lower my carbs-bread, refined sugars etc. Fast food isn't going to be apart of my lingo anymore. I am a member of Curves. Drinking water has its challenges-I can't leave my class to go to the bathroom!

I am tired of being the fat one in the room. I don't realize how out of control I have been with my health until I see pictures. This is about me getting in control of my eating and my life!

BA99TJ
10-05-2005, 11:04 AM
Welcome Mary and Deb!! So glad you could join us - this is a GREAT group of ladies and gents :)

famograham
10-05-2005, 02:55 PM
Welcome Deb :wave:

You'll find all the love and support you need here...it's a wonderful group!

Linda

barbygirl43
10-05-2005, 05:37 PM
welcome mary and deb.

alphabetsoup
10-07-2005, 03:08 AM
Welcome to you both! Glad you found us! :)